Speaker 1: Look at Jase Joint check me on cat podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo Boutlet Cat Podcast. Man, we got a special guest in here, Drects the Joint. Welcome sir boy with thanks for having me. What's up man? I appreciate that. Man, you've been killing You've been doing your thing lately for people who don't know. Man, you're from Orange County. Santa Ana, right to Santana. Shout out to Santa Ana. I want to say that's where Charisma's from, too, right, DJ Charisma from Power one of six. I think she's from Santa Ana too. It's crazy too because like I feel like we don't really get like, uh, you're kind of like the most popping rapper from Orange County, at least in recent memory, unless I'm forgetting somebody. Man, what was it like, you know, growing up in Orange County? Because we kind of think of Orange County as like like a nice area, but there's very bad areas of Orange County for people who don't know. You can get really dicey out there.
Speaker 1: I saw I just got a group in Santanna. There's like a really popular like every she was like different neighbors where I was growing up. It was really poppuling. It was really it was really like popless. I got all of that, Like that's where that's like my whole, that's where I really came over from. You know. It's really just like most majority parts like just Santana Anaheim.
Speaker 2: Right, people think of fucking Disneyland or like you know, like Lagoon and Hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but it's an on fucking garden grove. Some parts of goten grow something.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, shout Asians too, they got garden grown lock. The best fud in America is in the garden growth. You feel like you grew up in Orange County. You have to eat a lot of fun because out there you never had fun.
Speaker 1: I never really left Sanana like that. Yeah, it was like just like Santanna. That was like that's my bubble.
Speaker 2: Up there at your bubble? What because I mean you're only eighteen years old. So you did you how far in high school did you go? Did you graduate?
Speaker 1: Or yeah? I graduated? I graduated this year.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, so you're popping right now while also about to graduate. Yeah, did you already graduated?
Speaker 1: Graduated? We appreciate that. So like on December, I really had to finish school. But like I just walked.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you actually kind of finished early.
Speaker 1: Then, but I didn't really get to like the like the feeling of like being popping at the school scause you.
Speaker 2: Just kind of started popping in the last like what like four or five months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, yeah, so you were.
Speaker 2: You rapping like while you were in school, like like kind of like did everybody know you were trying to rap?
Speaker 1: Not really like just like when I did, or like like when I did it was like during like November December, right what you were done? Yeah, so I was like barely getting to let people didn't be like knowing about it, like to job, like I really like start the booming this ship.
Speaker 2: Well A congrats on graduating.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: A lot of people these days are like they kind of I feel like, are being influenced to not finish school. It's important, you know, hey, you could graduate and still be you know, successful whatever you want to do man in the music industry.
Speaker 1: So for sure, were you a good student, like as far as like doing my words? You see, like I was in good grades and shit, I'm nah, nah I did it good enough grades? I mean yeah, yeah, I would always fucking yeah. I feel like the reason the more. The reason why I did it though, it was because like like I just would have read to go to school, right, I wouldn't be attended ship like later on to like my like my senior year ship. That's what I really like, got it, got into it, I got it, got upon all my ship.
Speaker 2: So like senior year, you started to really like take it serious for sure because you finished early. That means you're smart or at least you're on top of your ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Yeah I was. I was like, like I said no that she was like ard of me.
Speaker 2: Was like, so when you're in school and you're learning and you're like doing homework and ship, like obviously the rap dream is the rap dream. It could happen, it could not happen. What would be something else that you would say that you were like kind of like interested in possibly pursuing if the music shit don't work out.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I don't like with all the rep I wouldn't know what I'll be doing for I really don't know what I'll.
Speaker 2: Be doing, Like there's nothing else you just have interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean as a kid, I would always want to be a soccer player, but I was like out the window ray yea sires, I mean yeah, yeah, But like I was then like yeah, like I wouldn't know what I don't know what the fuck I'll be doing. Like I never had a job. I never like, I just like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you try to like your counselor at school. Didn't try to be like, yo, you should go to school here.
Speaker 1: You could go toll like yeah, yeah, yeah, I was going to like a trade school for like construction. Yeah, she's like that. But then I was like for you know, like just like.
Speaker 2: Hey, get good money in construction and being a plumber. And I tell you one thing I was watching Eli, I must talk about this ship. He was like, yo, AI is gonna take a lot of people's jobs, a lot of white collar jobs like lawyers and accounts and ship. You could just have chat GPT be your lawyer low key now, but they ain't gonna take them up fucker three in the morning to pour at your house or fix a leak pipe it. You know what I'm saying. So if you're a plumber an electrician, AI ain't replaced you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: For sure, it's a.
Speaker 2: Great, great gig. So when did you like really get in the studio for the first time and like start recording and taking this ship. I know you just dropped your first song recently. When did you drop your first song? January? So beginning of this year you drop your first record. Was that your first song you ever recorded or just the first song that came out?
Speaker 1: It was? It was It was not the first song I ever recorded. It was the first song that came out I recorded. The first one I ever recorded was the one that the freestyle I ever that blew up that first blew with like world, which the one I blew up off and that one was, but I didn't. The reason why I never dropped it first though, is because because I didn't like the mix singe, like the mixing was like I don't really fuckut the mixing and that, and I was just waiting like for a good like engineers like to mix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just recording at the crib type ship.
Speaker 1: Now it was like a like a studio. It was like a studio like some in my city and ship. Man, I don't really fuck with the mix scene, so we're not really glad, But I'm really glad I didn't because because I really had that like song online but then like I did a freestyle to it, like, let's I would have dropped it without the freestyle, Like it would have been like like none of this shit would have happened if I didn't do that, because I like my whole star was the freestyle right like, which was at five to seven freestyle on And if I were to drop it without the free style, like it wouldn't happened.
Speaker 2: Like that's crazy, man, it works out the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, when they when they tell you, I really everything happens for reasons, like that's true.
Speaker 2: Real ship, were you always like writing like just like because you know, like a lot of kids come in high school just start writing raps and their notebook and ship.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't be writing reps and but I was always just music. But I wouldn't be writing reps.
Speaker 2: Who'd you grow up listening to in school?
Speaker 1: Just like people in the way school like Snoop Dog fucking ice Cube everyone like that.
Speaker 2: Hey for eighteen year old listening to Snoop and ice Cube, that is very rare these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel like because it was more like because my bullets. My brother too, because he would like he would be on all up on that just I was just like picking from him.
Speaker 2: Because when you most eighteen year olds you're telling, they'd be like, yeah, I was listening to you know, blue Face or Shortline Raco.
Speaker 1: I was like more likes my fucking life middle school.
Speaker 2: Right, so you kind of like also were able to kind of like study some of the ogs and.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, for sure, yeah I'm not yeah, yeah sure Like I was. I was like not an I pad kid like growing up. I was not a petican. I was like really outside like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now these kids these days getting raised by iPads and smartphones, bro, for sure, you know it's crazy. My boys tells you to your brothers who you haven't met yet? Am I right? Your brother? That's he? Y'all look the same key. His name's what is it? Yeah, may Conno. I was listening to some of his ship too, just to check it out and these hard as fuck, but I guess he's very big in the Mexican music. He's a rapping ass full for real. And you did you when did you find out you guys were brothers? I always knew, you always knew, but you guys haven't met yet.
Speaker 1: We never met because he was like he was born and raised Mexicoo.
Speaker 2: He was like born, what part of Mexico is your family from.
Speaker 1: Quite from there, from from.
Speaker 2: The chicup Is that like deeper into Mexico.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I think yeah, I'm yeah it is.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody be like, man, this food does not look Mexican. Yeah, but for people who don't know like that, like there are Mexicans that look like you. If you get deeper into the country, it is what it is like. But so you always knew that your brother was like a successful artist.
Speaker 1: I never, to be honest, I not recently got it, like really in communication with my bus. I always think it was my brothers, but like I never like really had like communication with him like that to like what to like what like five four years ago like that, But like now it's been like like three years ago, like we've really been in touch like that.
Speaker 2: Well, because now you're popping.
Speaker 1: But it's not even because some music ship. Yeah, but it's not really, it's not even because there's nothing to do with that. I've been to him like way before.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just started rapping something you said three years ago. But now that you're doing kind of like what he's what he's been doing. Like, has he given you any advice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just feel like I just like whatever, Yeah, he does a lot. He's just give me a lot of wies, just like like how do I keep my like my momentum going this like that?
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, you guys plan on doing some music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah that bi lingual ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every everyone, everyone's been nasty for that ship.
Speaker 2: To be big man, to shoot the videos and ship.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna we're gonna go, We're gonna fly through.
Speaker 2: Is he still in Mexico?
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's he's open here Kelly.
Speaker 2: Okay for sure. Yeah, that's dope. Man. Have you been? Have you been to Mexico? Are never got at least a t J? It's to work done, you know, to go ahead?
Speaker 1: Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. What is that? I said, t J, not Hong Kong, China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, I was. I was supposed to go out there a little. It's like she's my sister because I had a sister. I also didn't didn't mean that I never met. Yeah, she's like she was like she's like from she's they grew up together.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: With that my mom had when she came over here to my mom had had left them with my grandma when they were like small, you know, okay, and she came up. She came over here. She can in North Carolina, which that's when she.
Speaker 2: Had all of us, and she was born in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was born. I was Santanna, yeah fucking know. Yeah. And then that's when we were all born. And then my my brother didn't come to like the US like he was like with like sixteen or fifteen, Like they didn't come to like it was fifteen. My sister just I just me and my sister like we like almost two years ago. That man, I was supposed to go over there. It's a long too Mexico to go like me here and ship my nieces and everything and ship. But she ended up getting her visa and she came over here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was gonna say for you, man, like do you feel like obviously, being a Mexican artist is one thing, and the Mexican hip hop shit is cracking right now for sure, but like, do you feel like the weight of your shoulders to like also kind of put on for for Orange County because it really hasn't been.
Speaker 1: A yeah for sure, Yes, Like I'm big. I'm really big on that, like if you know me, Like I'm really big on that, Like I really take part of her I'm from like I should. Yeah, like I really like, like I really just want to pump for my people from authors. Its just like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like there's not a national voice for y'all for real. It's been like rock.
Speaker 1: Bands and Sublime.
Speaker 2: And like I think this Green Day from marg County. I don't know, but a lot of rock bands came out of West County. But nah, that's dope. Man, who's got better Mexican food? Range County, La.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't really like go to one thing about me, Like I never really hear like fast, I'd always like even want mom.
Speaker 2: Could He's like I eat to ship the crib? I really like I really saw my restaurant? Is my mom?
Speaker 1: Really? Like I would always I'm always like I always eat my home food. Yeah I don't. I can't really Like let'll tell you this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah you've been up. Yeah, man, you've been You've been making a lot of noise. What has been like the most random or cool person who's like hit you up and like because I saw Aiden Ross maybe some love, which had to be kind. I mean, I'm not a crazy Aid and Ross guy, but that's y'all's generation I was.
Speaker 1: When I said that, I was just like, what the fun? I didn't really I thought it was like someone I edited that edited that ship. But then I went to stream and ships like the kick at right and like they gave me the time stamping, like yeah, and that's when like I got these from the do.
Speaker 2: You guys chop it up at all? Like you reach out?
Speaker 1: I reached out to him. Yeah, I reached out to but nah, I don't really like I didn't really see that though, as like oh yeah, he's gonna tap intough. He was just like some probably like just him my ship and that, but I don't really see it like, oh yeah, he's gonna fuck with me?
Speaker 2: Right? Was there anybody else that's like that you thought was like kind of cool? You're like, oh, ship, this person funks with what I'm doing, Like that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like bravo, yeah, fucking just like people from my team through like from my like like rowdy, fuck.
Speaker 2: You guys, that record got together.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what sick. I feel like a Bravo low key like also kind of like, I know he's not like an o G, but he's been.
Speaker 1: He's been doing the thing.
Speaker 2: He's been doing the thing bro for real for admitt it, So shout to Bravo. Man. Would you do a joint project with anybody outside of your brother, Like, would you be down to like a whole tape of somebody?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, Yeah with Rawdy that's what that's Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll do I'll do something anyone that fucks me through. Yeah, I don't, like I'm not like close, like just not working with people.
Speaker 2: Like I'm who's on your like Mount Rushmore, all time favorite rappers, mcs.
Speaker 1: For like everyone just everybody ever.
Speaker 2: In the existence of hip hop who's like your for man, And you're like those are the guys like.
Speaker 1: I can't even think now what let me go, let me take my playlist through.
Speaker 2: Like what what did Spotify tell you last year?
Speaker 1: For the rapper's apple SoundCloud?
Speaker 2: You're on SoundCloud, but you gotta upgrade your ship.
Speaker 1: Dogm on sound cloud.
Speaker 2: Let me see, but we got to get you a Spotify account. I don't even think people up upload on the sound Do people still upload on SoundCloud? Ship shout out to sound.
Speaker 1: Flow, Well, I'll probably say fucking who's right here? Fucking who's right here? Damn, I'll say bravo for sure, Bravo fucking Phoenix that niggas sway too. Yeah, yeah, he's fucking up. Let me see I put the This is like just off the fucking on my Oh compor to.
Speaker 2: TG, yes him to T too, isn't he isn't he locked up?
Speaker 1: Yeah a little time right now.
Speaker 2: Now he's hard though he was supposed to come on the show too, like then he didn't getting.
Speaker 1: Locked up and he's hard, yeah he Nick Cole, Yeah, him and TG.
Speaker 2: Sure for you, like obviously if you listen to your music and seeing a lot of inviews, you know what is the for you? The motivation Like now that you have this career that's the diving, is it motivate you to like make sure you stay out the way, stay out of trouble they at a certain situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not for sure.
Speaker 2: You got a lot to lose.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, for sure. Like I'm I feel like like like everyone, like my whole family is like it's like depending on me for you know, like that's just like I gotta think about that when I'm like, you know, really outside and yeah, like I just really got to take like just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: And just yeah, don't crash out for them ship man.
Speaker 1: Being for sure, because I know that's what these niggas want for. You know. That's like I just like Kep been doing good with all this sh I've been like I could be doing better, but I feel like I've been having to leave good.
Speaker 2: When did you finally realize like, oh, ship, Like if I do this ship for real, like I got some track shit, like I could change my family's life with this ship. Was there like like a moment that happened where you were like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking yeah when I like, just fucking I just find out like just move my family.
Speaker 2: Off to Yeah you moved them out.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Oh congrats, Bro, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: That's the most important thing.
Speaker 1: Like just I'm like just like literally a ma outter of the time, it was just like.
Speaker 2: That's the most important shit you could do. First thing you gotta do, manet get your family out the way.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, that's like literally that's yeah, that's what that's what I'm trying to do around that's literally like.
Speaker 2: What is uh what your family think about all the new fame and success and how they dealing with it?
Speaker 1: They forgot about it. They're like yeah, they be like really they he a type thing? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Your mom's just like she's she's with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's like yeah, because like I said, like before this, like I wouldn't be doing ship chilling for like I would nothing going on.
Speaker 2: It's outside bullshitting all day.
Speaker 1: Literally, see my mam wall beyond me about that. She's like, you know, like what are you gonna do with yourself? You know? So not like I feel like she's like damn, you know, like you're working. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's crazy too, because I feel like most people get in trouble because they ain't their bored. So when you're bored, what do you do? You go kick with the homies, You get some bullshit. Yeah, you get a bit pregnant, you know what I'm saying? Some ship You don't have no kids, right you kid? Respectfully, I'm thirty seven, I could be I have a son that you're herself. My son just graduated there y'all the same age. He was born in five, she was born in five. Yeah, damn, that's crazy, bro I'm old as fuck. I just realized that. I just had the realization. I'm like, I'm interviewing somebody my son's age right now. That shit crazy.
Speaker 1: What do you got on the way Broke singles this shit, I'm probably gonna I'm working on my album too.
Speaker 2: How do you kind of like decide like, Okay, this is the album, bunch, this is some shit we're gonna throw out there and see what really like.
Speaker 1: Just like like when I'm feeling, to be honest, just like when I'm feeling it's like a it's like a here, I'll probably got older an album or some shit. Yeah, it's like like a single hit and then I'll just like put it like community, do.
Speaker 2: You feel like because right now, like we're talking earlier, like I think like right now such a great time for like the rest of the music industries finally putting eyes on what Mexican American hip hop artists are doing. It's kind of like it's never been crazier than me in my opinion, Like everybody's doing their thing, you know what I'm saying for you, like, uh is why do you think that is just I mean, I feel like everybody's kind of popping at the same time, you know what I mean. But do you think my whole thing I just talked to Ybe about this was it feels like there's so much division though amongst a lot of the Mexican artists.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like politics probably do it.
Speaker 2: But even motherfucker's on the same side.
Speaker 1: It's probably also people like people like don't like really put their poditct site, you know, like people don't like be typing in with each other like for like you know, like just like you know, probably like you know, like it's.
Speaker 2: I just feel like everybody just united.
Speaker 1: Yeah I should be. Everything will be better united, but like some niggas, some niggas is probably just with the movement, you know, not for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think it's that's why it's dope to see working like rowdy and uh and obviously uh bravo on those guys and just like making sure like just man, that's what I would tell you, bro. Your music is hard the antics. You don't have the antics, which is great. People are fucking with you because your music is dope. All that negative ship man, keep that ship off the way.
Speaker 1: I'm not none of that, because you want to be able.
Speaker 2: To go everywhere, you want to do a national tour. That's the one thing I say about O g oh gz go anywhere. He's good. You know what I'm saying, Like that motherfucking go tour anywhere? And he does, you know what I mean? Because I feel like he's just out the way.
Speaker 1: That's what that's. That's gotta be like I gotta be just like you in the mix, Like it was just like backshaking.
Speaker 2: Where have you have you been able to do any live shows yet? Is that something you guys have done?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I've been doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where where all have you performed so far? Because it's still new y Colorado? Yeah, Colorado justly house Colorado.
Speaker 1: It was I want to like it.
Speaker 2: You didn't like it.
Speaker 1: It's so weird, like because like you know, you're more like a city. It's like Colorado is different for sure, it's like that over there. But it was cool, Like the people, the coolest fig they fucked with you. Yeah, like the course for they're like nicer ship, they have like a better vivage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know they're super nice. Yeah, it's like damn, yeah, they're Hello Knights and yeah, but Colorado's got some ship going on to man shouts to Colorado. I know, did you guys running some ship out there? You did?
Speaker 1: That happened? There's a there was a viral video like it was because it was it was like Be's concert, but I like just like I was with him, you know, he busy. Yeah, okay, so there was like a.
Speaker 2: Yahow together. Yeah fucking he's been up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fucking. There was like, uh, there was like a couple on on stage of like literally front and like she was like all up on busy or some ship and he was getting mad. He was getting mad. He got mad. It's like literally on video talk it was that one. But tell me why, like he ends up leaving her. Somebody gets killed after he got killed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he got so yeah yeah he so because the video went viral.
Speaker 1: No no, no, he didn't see this was like after the video because the wait wait wait, so.
Speaker 2: What happened was so the guy was there with his girl, the girls rubbing up on him busy.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah, so pretty much he got he got like he got but heard about it like the whole time he's either like just like like telling telling her shit in their ears for like grabbing her hand and.
Speaker 2: Ship like and that night he killed himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like after literally he was walking out the concert and he did that. I swear to god, Oh.
Speaker 2: That had to be And you were there, not like right there, but you were, but you were at the at the venue. They were like, Yo, some dude just smoked himself out.
Speaker 1: We literally I came, we came out, and we just in like a bunch of like yellow take me s a bunch of cops. What the fuck? So like we've seen that girl that was one of him, like yelling, crying and ship and like, what the fucking And I'm guessing like her one of his times ended up telling like what happened and ship what hey.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, that dude had a lot of ship going on before that. Content sure, for sure, because there's no way you're gonna just he had some ship going on there that that was not the first time he That's sad. Obviously, rest in peace to that guy. That girl is doing. She must feel terrible.
Speaker 1: He was like a young nigga too, You're like sixteen, Like it was sixteen fifteen, Like he looked like he was for sure, like not older than eighteen. For sure, you was like younger.
Speaker 2: Hey, is it annoying for you that everywhere you go to ask you about if you're really Mexican?
Speaker 1: Because I noticed.
Speaker 2: Every every time you do an interview it's a thing like for you, is it like at this point in time like bruh, Like but like I feel like it's who I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like yeah, it's like I mean, I'm just it's like whatever, you know. But it's more because like like I feel like people don't people are tuning on my music. But for a lot of people and they think like I'm probably because it's like because that's ship because like I'm darksh, but I'm Mexican, you know, right, And I don't want that to be the case for like I want to be propa because of my music and I be cook of like my background and that shit. But it is it was kind of annoying. It's kind of annoying, like because people, Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's people, I'm sure people, like some people just don't believe me. I'm like, nah, like how the like how you not gonna believe me?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Like, I know who my parents are. Like, it's funny too, because like when they set me your brother's music and I checked his ship out, I'm like, first of all, he got one hundred thousand monthly listeners on Spotify off of like catalog, you know, but he looks just like you, and he's like, literally the whole ship is just bars in Spanish, barring out in Spanish. So yeah, I can only assume that that would be frustrating. Have you tapped in with the boy from Coyote yet? Thems are hard? Y'all should work together. I think they're dope for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Well listen new music on the way. You got a bunch of music out right now. We just did a freestyle too that went crazy, So check that ship out. Anything else? You got any other shows coming up or anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a little fucking shows on Friday.
Speaker 2: In south Gate. Well that sounds like a place I won't be going to, But sounds like you're gonna have a good time. Drex the Joint. I appreciate you, brother, Yes, sir, there it is fire.