Speaker 1: Hey, fam Today, on the bright side, bubbleskirts are back, butter yellow is the new neutral, and boho chic is making a triumphant return. We are talking all things fashion and beauty with People Magazine Special Projects Director our friend Andrea Lavienthal, and she's here to help us step confidently into a new season and guide us toward the most incredible women own brands that deserve a prime spot in our wardrobes. It's Thursday, March sixth I'm Simone Voice, and this is the bright side from Hello Sunshine. All right, besties, I am sending warm, cozy, sunshiny vibes to any of you out there who are still dealing with that nasty winter weather.
Speaker 2: But here's the bright side.
Speaker 1: Pretty soon, it's going to be time to put away those cozy sweaters, tuck those boots in the attic, and whip out that summer wardrobe from the back of the closet. And as the seasons change, so do the beauty and fashion trends. So today we're going to give you a sneak peak at all the spring and summer trends with an expert that we love and adore. People's Special Projects Director Andrea Labenthal. So not only will she share with us what's hot this season, what the data are telling us about fashion trends, she'll also be able to help us support women owned businesses. But before we bring in Andrea, we are doing something a little different for today's show. Everyone's favorite showrunner and Emmy winning producer, Tim Ballizola is here filling in for Danielle today.
Speaker 2: Tim, Welcome back to the bright Side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks so much for the invitation.
Speaker 4: I will tell you I had the opportunity to talk to Andrea earlier this week, and I cannot wait for all of our listeners to get all the amazing information that she has to share with us on summer trends, beauty, fashion gadgets, the whole thing. As I was talking to Andrea, I was thinking just about style in general. How would you describe your personal style at large?
Speaker 1: It definitely changes on the age and stage that I'm in in my life right now. I would say it's very androgynous. It's very inspired by masculine silhouettes from like the nineteen seventies. I love a suit, I love a tie, I love a bomber jacket.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: That's so hot. I love that, Simone.
Speaker 4: I will say, I know our listeners can't see you every day, but every time I see you, you have such an incredible fit. I know a lot of people vollu you on social media. You always look so fly. I'm always very impressed with you.
Speaker 2: So that's so kind.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean it's sincerely.
Speaker 4: I also think that you have such an incredible way of feeling like you are part of what's going on but also making in your own and I think it takes a really unique sensibility to be able to pull that off really well. Because I will say I have a very classic style because I feel like anytime I go too far towards a trend, I look like an insane person.
Speaker 3: I look like a clown.
Speaker 4: So I have to like stay a little bit more classic, a little bit more in that like collegiate athletic moment.
Speaker 3: And that's a good fit for my body.
Speaker 1: Tim has the build of a model. He's being very humble right now. Tim can pull off anything, you know. Whenever I think of you and your personal style, I always think of Connie Chung and how she called you out for having a ratty ass collar on your expensive shirt, but she didn't care because the distressing was distressing to her.
Speaker 4: Simon, I cannot love you more for trolling me in this moment, because.
Speaker 3: I honestly, i'd tell you I was. I was like, oh, I put on something like.
Speaker 4: Really fun, like really trendy, kind of like cool and edgy.
Speaker 3: You know, we're on a podcast with Connie Chung.
Speaker 4: And she immediately thought that in some way I was almost disrespecting her for wearing something that looks so afraid. So I guess there's a time and place for everything, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's time to get to our guest today. Andrew Lavinhal is always on the pulse of it all, People's Special Projects director, and she's here to break it all down for us right now. So let's bring her in. Andrea, welcome back to the bright Side.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I love having you here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tim and I were just talking about our own personal style, and so before we give everyone the rundown of all the upcoming trends, how would you describe your personal style? I'm so glad you asked, because I did give this a lot of thought and I came up with like best dressed mom at book club. I love academic. It's a little bit academic, little preppy. No, she's not academic, but she lives in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: And okay, she carries a book in her.
Speaker 2: Purse, but she goes to book club.
Speaker 1: She's a good time because you guys know, book club is like hang and have some cocktails and talk about your life and your trauma's club. But you want to look cute because like you're with your girls, and that's who you look cute for. So because of what I do and my interest in fashion and all that stuff, I'm always like wearing something that someone in book club is like, should I be wearing that?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Generally speaking, would you say that you embraced trends wholeheartedly? Are you an early adopter of trends or are you more likely to try to maintain your own sense of style and authenticity through your clothing.
Speaker 2: I think I.
Speaker 1: Try and hold out as long as I can. Like, yeah, I'm very proud to say I did not buy mesh flats last year because I did not stand by their longevity, both in construction and in like the trends itself. And now I'm being tormented because I'm seeing mesh flats online shopping and I'm like, no, guys, no, we weren't supposed to bring it back. It was a one season thing that I rejected. This was last summer, y'all. Yeah, So feeling like it, I've survived, but I wanted to.
Speaker 2: It's like Snapchat for me.
Speaker 1: I never got on and I wanted to be like, see, I was good and now I don't know. So sometimes I miss the trends because I think it's going to be very short lived, it's not worth investing in. And sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of trends, you know, there's a lot of lists out there predicting what's going to be in for spring and summer, and you know, what I'm seeing is that there's a lot of versions of boho chic.
Speaker 3: Is going to be in. Is that what you're seeing as well?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I was going to say the list we come up with here is the correct one. Okay, Yeah, are a lot of lists, but boho chic is like everywhere. And it's funny because like all things in fashion, it's cyclical, Like if you think back to the early aughts, you know, the whole Sienna Miller and Kate Moss and early Coachella. That's boho chic and the dresses over the genes and it's back and you can thank the new creative director at Chloe for that. It's it originated on the runway. And so that you think this all started from that one specific runway, I do. I kind of think that it had its moment. It was so popular, it kind of went away and there was like the clean girl aesthetic and sporting and all these other things. And then you see this like one runway show and this, you know, the Chloe Your Runway show. It's just sort of defined it and everybody got excited and started to see the ruffles and the knee high boots and the floppy hats and they were like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: And then other designers Chloe's not the only one, but like Saint Laurent started putting out some really cool boho chic stuff and it feels fresh again. This reminds me of the Mumford and Sons Lumineers era.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, it's.
Speaker 1: Like taking me back to that, which is so interesting because if you're chronically online like me, if you go on TikTok Right now, there's a lot of talk about millennial trends and idiosyncrasies that we can now like look back at and laugh laugh about them. So it's really funny that this this is kind of like coming back into the zeitgeist. It's just nothing's nothing's new, you know, but it comes in like a fresh what feels new.
Speaker 3: A reinvented.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I feel like we were stuck in the nineties, yes for a minute. And now do you think we've transitioned into that early two thousands era?
Speaker 1: People are discovering It's like the TikTok generation is like, wait, what was that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: They didn't see it the first time, so to them, it's fresh. And because we all now listen to what they tell us, which is why I'm wearing cruise socks right now, right, we're like, okay, fine, if you guys think it's fresh and cool, here we are.
Speaker 3: Let's do it again totally. How are we?
Speaker 2: How are we doing boho chic differently this time?
Speaker 1: Because I would imagine it's not going to be like a one to one repeat of what we were seeing in the early aughts. Well, personally, you will not be seeing me wear dress over jeans, which is something There are photographs of me from the early aughts wearing that look like I would do a strapless kind of flowy empire waste dress over a pair of like flare like jeans. I don't know what like woodstock I thought I was going to or what musician I thought I was inspiring, But that was my vibe, because that's what it was. I think you're going to see you are going to see a lot of the ruffled blouses, and I do think you'll see more people doing the mini skirt with the high boots. But I think a lot of this is also festival where yes, right, like it's the time and place. I don't know that I'm wearing that, like to the office or to book club, if you will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when we think about incorporating some of this boho, you know, I think both of you sort of are.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, boho.
Speaker 4: But say your fit is not Boho traditionally, your style, aesthetache is not. How can you start to incorporate some of those that feel that style, that vibe while still maintaining your own style integrity.
Speaker 1: I think there's like two different ways to go about the trends in general, whether it's Boho or something else, you could either pretend it doesn't exist because it's a trend. Honestly, you don't have to like jump in or out if you need to like buy all new stuff to get in on the trends. If nothing in your existing wardrobe supports the trend, it's kind of like what's the point. So then it's a costume. So if you don't already maybe have somewhat of a boho vibe or some pieces already in your closet that support it to really want to like make yourself over and then be that girl. Right, So that's kind of how I look at it. Kendrick Lamar was already leaning into the boho trend with his Flair jeans. I'm wearing Flair jeans today. Everyone influences me everything. I have been influenced by Kendrick for sure. Okay, So in addition to Boho chic, I'm hearing that trends that start with the letter B are going to be big this season. Give me some other examples. We were too. I mean, this is like brought to you by the letter B. This season, the number one is barn jacket. Okay, so we have barn jacket of barn jacket, think of those like tan or baize jackets, and then they have the contrasting brown collar and they actually are like from people who work in barns and around barns, like the car cards.
Speaker 3: And they're a little like arsized, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ralph Lauren equestrian vibes like I have a country house with some chickens, Like I don't deal with them, but like I'll take a picture with them. So the row in Prada, like you know, this just happens all of a sudden. They're like inspired by barn ware and they put barn jackets on the runway. And then Haley Bieber patron scene of trends.
Speaker 2: You know, we all love her style.
Speaker 1: She wore the Prata one on Valentine's Day with a knee high boot and that was it. Guys, It's game over there everywhere.
Speaker 4: Holding her air one smoothie everywhere.
Speaker 1: You cannot toss your purse without hitting a girl at a barn jacket right now.
Speaker 2: It's what denhim jackets have been.
Speaker 3: So that would be like a replacement for a denim jacket.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Yes, but don't get rid of your Dunham Jackettenham jacket's a classic. I have sixteen different cuts and you know, colors in my closet and they go in and out depending on the year.
Speaker 2: But I would say barn jackets into a jacket.
Speaker 4: You also mentioned bubble skirts, another bait, another bae.
Speaker 1: Bubble skirts is a tough one. Bubble hems. You know, they have that like balloon shape with the volume. It's like a bubble and you can literally think of like an eighties prom dress. Reformations got the bubble minis and they're very fun and they're very kind of flirty and feminine. I think that bubble hem ship sales for me Andrea. Doesn't this feel like an evolution of ballerinicor like we saw that balet plot. Yeah, we saw a lot of ballet flats over the past like six months year, and a bubble skirt would look adorable with a nice ballet flat and your barn jacket. By the way, you throw a barn jacket over your bubble skirt, and now you're hitting two trends and you're kind of counteracting the girliness of the bubble skirt with the cool, laid back vibe of your barn jacket. I believe in the power of boundaries, you guys, So I'm going to set a boundary here with bubble skirts. I don't mind a bubble dress.
Speaker 3: I think they.
Speaker 1: I need that continuity, you know, and you need the you need the balance of like a loose fitting or larger silhouette on the bottom with a tight fitting like you know, sucked in top like lead ard vibes that I could get behind.
Speaker 3: Would you have ever rocked that bubble skirt style, simone.
Speaker 2: I probably did.
Speaker 1: Gosh, if I went back through the archives, like I wore some crazy stuff. I thought I was Rihanna at one point and like whatever she was, Like, I wore like a Tutuo dress out to the club at one.
Speaker 3: Point, like a Carrie Bradshaw moment.
Speaker 2: I thought I was Blossom. I wore like my Mitzvah.
Speaker 1: Whole time that era was all bubble skirts and hats and costumes. So you know, I wish I had that blind confidence again, right, which my parents gave me boundaries fashion wise, but instead they let me express myself, which was really neat.
Speaker 2: Tim knows this.
Speaker 1: I am obsessed with this site called data, but make a fashion yeactually a content creator who really provides this like analytical background behind the trends that we're seeing in fashion. And so this creator she predicts trends by sourcing retail data. And there are a few things that stood out to me that I wanted to run by you Andrea. So just last week data but make it Fashion reported an eighteen percent jump in black nail polish. I actually, I am such a huge fan of black nail polish. Are you seeing this out in the wild? I had not been seeing black nail polished in the wilds, especially heading into spring. But at the same time, I feel like the world is scary, and blacknail polish like sometimes you get the manicure that reflects how you're feeling, and like we are in a transitional time, so perhaps black nails feels right. Also surprising is a one hundred and eighty eight percent jump in the color baby blue since the Grammys. Well we know why, Sabrina Carpenter right absolutely. I mean it's like that is her color, that is now her signature shade. I think you probably have to ask her permission if you're going to wear it, because she she owns it. I mean, it's not a common color you see on the red carpet. She wore it in such a cool it was like retro but fresh and sexy but elegant.
Speaker 2: She did all the things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Benson Boone too with that jem.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, his jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, baby blue.
Speaker 1: I mean it does feel springy, right, like you think of Easter eggs and I think of Easter candy.
Speaker 3: What other colors are you saying?
Speaker 2: Another bee? Butter yellow, guys, butter yellows everywhere, everywhere? And this, I like it.
Speaker 1: This makes more sense to me than the blacknail pole check. I really do want to dig into where the blacknail polish is coming from, because it's coming from somewhere.
Speaker 2: But yellow, it's a mood booster.
Speaker 1: And if you do that muted soft yellow, not like a bright yellow, it's almost like a neutral. So you can wear it. You don't have to like you shouldn't wear it. I don't think with other pastels. I think you wear it with some chocolate browns or some grays or some beiges and you treat it like a neutral and it's really pretty.
Speaker 3: Oh that's smart.
Speaker 4: I'm having this like Devilawares product moment where Miranda Priestley goes floors first Spring, ground breaking, right.
Speaker 1: My friend wore a butter yellow dress to our friend's wedding recently. It was so gorgeous. It's so gorgeous, it's so elegant. Whatever I think whenever I think of butter yellow, I always think of Kate Hudson's How to Lose a Guy. That's the core memory. It's a Dora Diamonds. Yes, it's a great dress. And another Sabrina Carpenter. I mean she wore that dressed.
Speaker 3: You were a version of it. So we should just.
Speaker 1: Be looking directly at Sabrina Carpenter right now. She has her finger on the pulse.
Speaker 4: And I love the way that you talk about thinking about that as a neutral, because I think some people would think that could be the accent.
Speaker 3: But if you incorporated the opposite, the kre freaks out.
Speaker 2: My butter yellow.
Speaker 1: It's soft, it's unassuming, it's not here to hurt you, and you can treat it, pretend it's like cream.
Speaker 2: Just wear a butter yellow shirt.
Speaker 1: And then put the same button down or whatever you would put over a cream color one, and you'll be shocked at how versatile it really is.
Speaker 2: Back in a Moment with Andrea Labnhal.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk beauty makeup. What are you seeing in terms of makeup trends.
Speaker 1: One of the things that's really an easy and fun trend is glass skin sticks. So glass skin has been trending for a while. It's just basically means that your skin is so hydrated and healthy and smooth and gorgeous. It has the reflectiveness of glass. And it came from k Beauty. Korean beauty. None of us have the time to spend with our twelve step skincare routine to get glass skin. So what happened The brands were like, fine, will help you out. We're going to invent these glass skin sticks that have like skincare ingredients, but like they're kind of like a highlighter and if you put it on your cheekbones, you can build up how much glassiness you And I kind of like that. Loreal has one Peach and Lily Glossy I has a great one, and they're kind of no brainer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same because I have there's a GLOSSI of product that I like that gives me just like a little bit of a glow and.
Speaker 1: It's nice because it's like they usually like moisturize. I have some kind of moisturize ingredient and you put it on like the high points, you know, your your cheekbones, you put on your brow bone, and they actually do add a nice reflective element, but without the shimmer too much shimmer or like color.
Speaker 2: It's just to get that glassiness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I like those.
Speaker 2: I actually love that we're moving away from that super dried up matte makeup look and it more into like glowy, even like greasy, you know what I mean. Like I am like make me doy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I slather on squalen oil and like, I love that it makes my skin so like like you were saying, like reflective and juicy, and it's it's very forgiving as we get into our.
Speaker 2: Ripe older years.
Speaker 1: I don't think that like the kind of matt or heavy contoured glam translates as much in real life. It's cool for editorial or on Instagram or the red carpet, but for the rest of us, like you really just want your skin to look nice and healthy. And Chloe another this is more of a product trends again, but it's a fun one. Hair fragrances. Everyone is launching a hair fragrance, not something you knew you needed, but once you start using it, you're kind of like, I love a hair fragrance. You know the hair hand sanitizer brand touch Land. They just launched body and hair miss that are like delicious smelling a trust to May just launched a beautiful one. You'd be surprised if you google hair fragrance how many brands have made one this in the last like six months.
Speaker 2: They're very popular.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. And will a hair fragrance conflict with your own it's.
Speaker 1: A great question. Fragrances like high I would make sure it's complementary. So the thing about hair fragrances that's good is, first of all, they're less expensive than traditional fragrance because they have they're they're less concentrated. There's they don't have the alcohol content because otherwise that would dry out your hair. So it's sort of like, if you want to test out a sense without buying the real thing, you can buy the hair fragrance and they're meant to be more, in my opinion, as like a touch up, a last step.
Speaker 2: If you will.
Speaker 1: I want a sound tall base, just bathe me in Son Tall every nothing smells better. I want to smell like a fancy hotel.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how I want to smell. That's how I want my house to a.
Speaker 1: Rich hotel that you cannot afford, five star hotel.
Speaker 3: Fragrance.
Speaker 1: I love just being smacked in the face with that fragrance when you walk in the lobby.
Speaker 2: It's so you're like, I'm getting what I paid for exactly.
Speaker 1: I also, yes, it smells expensive.
Speaker 3: And here I also love all the fragrance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah that feels like if you if a place has those in the bathroom. Again, I feel like, fine, you can mark up the price of my omelet, or you have.
Speaker 3: Nice hands soap. You spend forty dollars on soap, I'll beat an electra for eggs. Right.
Speaker 1: Also, such a great gift, like just like oh, hand soap ASoP, hand soap, such a great gift. Yes, books, I would never spend it on like my soap necessarily.
Speaker 2: But like for someone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do that a lot.
Speaker 2: In my house.
Speaker 1: In the guest bathroom, you will find the most expensive soap. In the rest of our bathrooms you will find soft soap for CBSKED but LD some dial as far as anyone out there knows, we use forty five dollars hand soap all day, every day in every bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's what I want people to know about me.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: I'm also obsessed with sunscreen. And I just saw you on the Today Show talking about the evolution of sunscreen.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us what's new?
Speaker 1: Sunscreen's tough because you have to wear it no matter what, and it's just not the sexiest thing, right, Like people always complain that it feels sticky, or it's heavy, or they don't like the white cast, or you know, it just doesn't feel sensorially like a good step, a fun step. And whenever it's something you have to do or have to wear, all of a sudden, it becomes like I don't want to do it. So these k beauty brands, and the one that people love is the Beauty of Josion, and it's an affordable one. By the way, these sunscreens are so silky and so lightweight. They're like a pleasure to put on your face. It's like they trick you into doing something good for yourself because they make it feel good and look good on your skin. And the one that I put on the today's show from them is they're brand new tinted because I'm all like, if you can add in one more step for me and not only protect my skin and make it look nice and hydrated, but also even it out, I'm here.
Speaker 4: Do they have them in different finishes, like you know you talked about like the glasstick.
Speaker 3: Did they have them in mad or so that brand?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily?
Speaker 1: But what's also great right now about the worlds of sunscreen is like, if you want to glow, you know, like Supergoop, make it a glowstick that gives you glass skin basically with sunscreen. But if you want a Matt finish you can find that a million times over as well.
Speaker 2: There's just so many.
Speaker 1: More formats, but these k beauty ones are just like taking over and then one last thing. So in terms of beauty trends, I don't know if you guys saw it, but Billy Eyelish this was like a few months ago, did a get Ready with Me on TikTok where she did her own makeup for her show and lined her eyes all the way around, and it was like, overnight, let's wear eyeliner again. Because for a while, the clean girl aesthetic didn't really like lend itself to eyeliner. There wasn't a lot of focus on makeup. It was more about the skin and the hair slicks back. And now it's like, thank you Billy for bringing back eyeliner because I love an eyeliner.
Speaker 2: I need it.
Speaker 3: And can you wear like a thick eyeliner with this boho aesthetic?
Speaker 1: Wow? Tim, that's a hard one, honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, you could do whatever you want. Does the vibe match?
Speaker 1: No, That's the thing, Like, if you already lean towards a boho vibe, boho makes sense. But if you were like not, and you have to rethink your hair, your makeup, your shoes, your bag, your husband, like all of it. Don't do the trends. It's too much.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: So when we think about beauty products, I'm always thinking of how I can amplify women owned brands, especially considering that female founded companies only receive roughly two percent of funding from venture capital firms.
Speaker 2: I have been loving Tower twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I'm a Tower twenty eight girl, love yeah and tinted. My friend Ray Dawn her Balleton company. She does like cleansers that like really remove all your makeup with like shade butter, super moisturizing cleansers. What are some of what are some of the female founded beauty companies that are in your rotation right now? Well, this is why I love working in beauty because there's so many of them. The good news is this is a tough question because there's so many of them in beauty. So here are my top three for makeup, say Beauty Saie. I've loved this brand since it found it about like six years ago. The founder is incredibly intentional about what she launches, and not only are the products great, they're all clean, clean ingredients, sustainable packaging, and even the way the office runs. The business runs is with sustainability in minds. Like they're hardcore about it. So it's not just to put it on their packaging and make it part of their marketing. It's like their DNA. So I appreciate that. There's another line for haircare, Roseroz from Mara Rosac. She's a celebrity hairstylist. When she launched her products, I was like, excellent, Like, we do have a lot of brands, but when it's someone like that, You're like, I want to see what you're going to do, and she did a great job. Her stuff is also made with clean ingredients. It smells so good, and let's be honest, at the end of the day, with hair care, it's all about the smell. If it doesn't smell good, what's the point. So then you have to wear a lot of hair bray brants.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to be I want to be in an herbal Essence commercial.
Speaker 1: Right, you want to feel something when you smell that shampoo, and her stuff smells so good and she's just got really cool products.
Speaker 2: I used her thickening.
Speaker 1: It's like a texturizing spray blows on my hair today and I was like, this is good.
Speaker 2: And then my last one.
Speaker 1: There's a skincare brand, small and Newish from an esthetician named Sophie Patt, and she focuses on acnic skin. Breakouts are her specialty and it doesn't matter if you are in your twenties or your forties. Are all cursed with breakouts. So she really has taken that on in a very thoughtful way. Her products are awesome, So those are my top three. Also have to give a shout out to Selena Gomez's rare beauty. Her blushes, her powder, her pinch. Yeah, they're beautiful. I'm also curious about gadgets. I keep seeing things for like red light therapies and such. What's your take on beauty gadgets? My take is, if you have small children in the house, do not open your bedroom door while you're wearing one of the adible lector masks with the red light. There's not enough therapy. Okay, your kids are sleeping with the lights on for taking, They're like, Mommy had a nightmare, and then you come in and you're wearing the red light mask and they're like, ah, like it's terrible. So here's what I always say, because this is probably the question I get the most right now, is like do I need to be using one of those things? And I know what they're talking they're talking about, like the mask or the wand I mean the answer is, maybe, are you willing to commit to every night a minimum of fifteen minutes every night in the beginning for the first at least three to six months, because that's usually what it takes to see an actual result. It's not that they don't work, it's that you actually have to use them for them to work. And most of us put it next to the bed and we hope that by having it close to us.
Speaker 3: Somehow there's moss. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I have one of the more expensive like this one's like used on all the celebrities, and honestly, it sits there a lot, and I forget that I have it, and I forget to use it, and then I'll use it once and be like I'm stunning, like it did its shop look at me. But the truth is it's not going to move the needle if you don't really stick to it.
Speaker 4: I think that's so interesting because they definitely promise a more instant result. You to think about three to six months. That's an investment.
Speaker 1: There's no such thing as an instant result from some thing like that unless you're doing it with a dirm or it has to be a medical grade.
Speaker 2: That's my thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like naturally skeptical of any of these consumer grade cosmetic gadgets or what have you, because we're often getting the water down version of what you gut in the dermatologist's office. I'd much rather just pay more money to get the more effective.
Speaker 2: Potent treatment.
Speaker 1: And this is a tough one because you don't want to tell people to just spend money, but if it makes you happy, if it encourages you to spend some more time taking care of your skin while you're watching white Lotus right, Like, there is something very relaxing about putting your salum and your moisturizer on, and mine is like a wand and I just sit there like a weird zombie moving it around my face. So if it's like part of your self care routine and it makes you feel good, by all.
Speaker 2: Means do it.
Speaker 1: They do temporarily boost circulation, so you are going to get a little bit of like a nice glow immediately after using them. But the long term, the actual in building all the things that they say they're going to do, it's like, yeah, you got to use it. Though a lot fair body has a lot of consumer grade products that deliver professional results at least, like that's what I'm hearing from a lot of people who are using them. I like the idea of buying it from a company that just feels a bit more like rooted in science or research or performance, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Vibes like don't go off the vibes no, and don't go off like TikTok shop, like, make sure it's coming from a reputable company that has like proven their.
Speaker 2: Results actually work. Okay.
Speaker 1: Finally, just bringing things back full circle to where we started this conversation in terms of trends that we can all keep an eye out for this year.
Speaker 2: No fit is complete without the right bag. What are you liking for bags this season?
Speaker 1: Andrea, Well, what's so funny is like there are a ton of like bag trends right now, Like the big oversized Swede bag is one, and you'll see a lot of brands like even Gap has an amazing one, Like you can get them at all different price points. But the trend that I'm like having the most fun with enjoying is people's bag charms, so like accessories for their accessories. I don't know if you guys have seen this yet in the wild, you will.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: My kids leave for school every day with like all these charms flying off their backpack, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they want all this, but they do.
Speaker 1: And now I'm seeing grown women and men adding little bag charms, and you can get them from like high fashion companies like Fendi, Coach Stelle, McCartney, where you could go to Clare's and it's a way to personalize your bag.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: We all could use a little bit more fun and whimsy and our sad lives with our blacknail polish.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to hate it because it's like, what are we twelve, But at the same time, I'm like, put some cherries on your bag.
Speaker 2: And have a goodness. Is the rebrand of the rabbit foot. Let's just be honest.
Speaker 3: Rabbit foot.
Speaker 1: This is just if you grew up in the eighties and nineties you had a fuzzy little rabbit foot in all the colors of the rainbow that you would like hang on your backpack. I'm telling you, though, be on the lookout for bad charms and like some of the really like high fashion, like a fashion maet. You see someone with like a tiny.
Speaker 2: Bag on their bigger bag.
Speaker 1: I myself don't own a bag charm, but like I do support others who that's so funny.
Speaker 4: My nephews who are like you know, eight and ten were doing that with their crocs. They had these little It's like, it's not enough.
Speaker 1: To have the bag, you now need the accessories for the accessory and like that's consumerism people.
Speaker 4: Totally, but it seems like it's a nice, easy way to refresh a.
Speaker 3: Bag without having to go buy an entire new one.
Speaker 2: It's very tempting.
Speaker 1: I have seen some really cute coach charms and I'm like, maybe I do need a little robot hanging from my births. Maybe that's the secrets of happiness. It wasn't the probiotics, it's.
Speaker 2: The bag charm.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of charm, Andrea, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: As always, it's my pleasure.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to try that new sunscreen. I'm going to get it today and get a backtarm. Yeah, yeah, totally. Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Andrea Lavinthal is People Magazine Special Projects director and tomorrow besties, we're popping off, but we do have something real special planned, so we'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Keep looking on the bright side, y'all,