Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: On this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan EDG Dan Patrick Show. Quite a greeting. We got here early this morning. There's a line around the building. People got here at three point thirty in the morning. And I will say this with a lot of confidence, this might be the only radio show where you get to your nate next to your favorite personality on the show. So the first thing I asked when we get here is there are bathroom on this side so we don't have to go through the audience. And then all of a sudden I got Jimmy Lipper next to me, going, hey, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you it is? It's a trip. Keep your eyes straight ahead there. Yes, Tom, put the sharpyway. I'm not signing it. That's not something.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna sign it yet. Or they want to shake your hand, I'm like, uh nah, let's do.
Speaker 3: It on the other side of that door. Just give me five minutes. Yeah, yes, boy, I was just out a year on the two minutes ago.
Speaker 4: And this guy was next to me goes, oh, such a big fan, Like, oh thanks me, Gus, you're the soccer guy seating and I'm like, no, that's time.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, seton at the bald one like you're over too.
Speaker 2: They love us here, they do. And I mentioned this earlier. When we first started, we had twenty seven radio stations. Seven of the twenty seven we're here in Wisconsin, so Iowa and Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Forever indebted to you.
Speaker 2: Portland came in and then all of a sudden, I think when Los Angeles took us as their morning drive show. That's when you had a lot of other radio affiliates who said, if they're good enough for Los Angeles drive time, then they're good enough for us. We're over four hundred cities with this show right now. Okay, there you go. That was kind of a cheap way of getting some applause there a little late.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I still had the original email from the first twenty seven. It's like you were doing liners for Appleton, Wisconsin two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell, yes, big, and that we're huge in Appleton. I can't even walk down the street now.
Speaker 3: We're going to go out. The other day in Apton they had a couldn't do it, couldn't do it?
Speaker 2: They said, what shut down the streets there, so final hour on this Wednesday, Frank Kelly Endo John Us. I got to spend time with Frank last night, and uh, he did a wonderful job. He's working on his Todd Fritz, his Fritzy impersonation, and.
Speaker 3: He did a wonderful job.
Speaker 5: I heard you, So, Todd is, how would you describe what Frank was doing?
Speaker 6: He was making facial expressions with his lips like hunched over, a very nervous, kind of neurotic kind of thing, all the things that so.
Speaker 3: He nailed it. Yeah, perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you he said, it looks like you try to eat your face when you when you talk.
Speaker 3: That can't be a complid it. It's nothing positive about it described.
Speaker 2: Although Todd came back during the commercial break, he goes, just had a woman say, look a lot more handsome in person.
Speaker 3: I did. I was very flattered by that. That was a nice thing to hear.
Speaker 6: Since I take so much, you know, so much negativity in there.
Speaker 3: I take my share amount. We are not bringing that on the road. We are not doing that. I feel sorry for something, do not.
Speaker 6: I was just sharing it. It was a passing comment. You know, you look a lot more handsome in person. I don't know if that was a backhanded compliment, because normally you look idiots TV.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really expected slightly more handsome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh you're not as ugly as I thought you were. I think is your past kind of saying yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Going to throw it in the back of a truck and put your away somewhere. You know, you can mingle with the rest of society.
Speaker 3: You did have a woman who sat on your lap last night.
Speaker 6: She was very drunk and she was looking at the set on anybody's lap and there was no seats available.
Speaker 2: She did think that you were her favorite, even though she said that to seatan and thinking seatan was you.
Speaker 6: And then she wanted to measure my hand, So I don't know who she thought I was, whetheran, No, that's the.
Speaker 3: Other marmin or people putting their hands up to yours.
Speaker 7: So I so I came up in line, going past the line. Everyone was like, oh, hey, Marvin, it, what's up everybody? And this young lady came up to me, Oh, let's measure hands. Embarrassing, Okay, I see you embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Were her hands bigger than yours? Yes? I can hear back there. He yes, it was, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll get to phone calls coming up recapping some of the headlines. There are really no news. I think there's people waiting for a draft trade or two. You know, it's the usual smoke here, but I will bring this up again. Daniel Jeremiah, the great analyst for NFL Network, said yesterday that he with all certainty that the Browns are taking Travis Hunter, which you know, I still believe in if you're getting the right guy, get a guy who can be a Hall of Famer for you. And I think they're okay with their quarterbacking situation. I still think Kirk Cousins might be in play there. And then that leaves the Giants. So are they going to take Abdull Carter, which, if healthy, it's a great pick. But I don't want to take the third pick over all and go if healthy, that would concern me. And you know, then should o'er Sanders, Where does he go to? Does he start to slide a little bit because the Giants were attached to him there for a little while. Maybe it's New Orleans, maybe it's Pittsburgh. But the over under for quarterbacks in the first round two and a half. Who's going over first round quarterbacks? Marvin Over All, Right, Tod.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go over too, Okay, see yeah, over Paul Over. Someone's gonna trade up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the key is Jackson Dart. Chador will go in the first round, But does Jackson Dark If Pittsburgh's there and Shador Sanders and Jackson Dart are both on the board, you figure they're going to take one of those two. Although you know a running back has been attached to the Steelers as well, because Nagee Harris is with the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I wonder, like Jalen Milroe, I'm really fascinating to see out of Alabama where he goes, because he's a better, more accomplished passer than Anthony Richardson was coming out of college.
Speaker 3: Now he's not the physical presence.
Speaker 4: He's a fantastic runner, but like Anthony Milroe or Jalen Milroe, seems like a definitely project. But I know he's not going to go in the top ten. But I wonder if someone will wild cards him late in the first round.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll go back to when he had that performance against Georgia and that next Monday, I came in and NFL scout said, you know, he has all the attributes of Lamar Jackson and might be a better athlete, and that made some headlines there and then all of a sudden he started to slide and it.
Speaker 3: Didn't go that well.
Speaker 2: But now you started to hear you know, he runs a four three forty at that size at that position. So yes, somebody will be intrigued with him. Now, are they going to go all in like the Colts did with Anthony Richardson? No, I don't, But Pauline, I think you're right. I think Jalen Milroe is more of a finished product than Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 4: Yes, paul I had the over under for where Jalen Milroe is drafted. Who wants to guess the over under? What drafts position?
Speaker 3: This is interesting?
Speaker 4: Thirty fifth, thirty two and a half, right on the cusp of the first round.
Speaker 3: Okay, so i'll go the over go over a little bit. Yes, Martha, if you're a mill Row, do you attend the draft? He is, Oh, he's going to night, Yeah yeah. Do you bring two suits? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you go to the draft and you bring three suits? That's not a good sign if you like, if I'm packing for the draft, I you know, I'm just one pair of underwear, one pair of socks, one suit.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's what we did.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we're here for three days. I think if Millroe is going to go to the draft, I believe.
Speaker 7: So pack two suits or find the men's warehouse here in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: I would probably pack two suits.
Speaker 2: I would, But I do think he's going to go. You know, he might be like a Jalen Hurts type of situation where maybe a team that has a quarterback takes him and you know, obviously it worked out with the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ton, If you're.
Speaker 6: Thinking about packing three suits, do you just stay home altogether? Or do you want to have that experience and you're like, you know, this is cool. Wherever I get picked, I want to go up there.
Speaker 3: I don't think everybody you have to be invited.
Speaker 6: But if you're invited and you're on that cusp of second and third round, you're like, I might better off just.
Speaker 2: Not well, you wouldn't be invited if you're on the cusp of second No, you fifteen players are invited.
Speaker 3: Fifteen that's it.
Speaker 7: Yes, Mary, If you have a draft party at your house and your potential draft d you like you bring out the big caters for day one or the big caters for day two, invite your high school coaches, your mom and your aunts and uncles and everybody like that, or do you just say, you know what all three days?
Speaker 2: I'd say day one is for friends. Maybe some shark couterie, but nothing crazy. Maybe some beers, but not the you know, like top shelf liquor. We're not doing that like it's And then you get the catering and day two, Yes, Hunt, do.
Speaker 6: You start pretending that you're taking phone calls?
Speaker 3: They're like, what's going on?
Speaker 6: It's twenty You're not bick Hold on, guys, I gonna go to the other room.
Speaker 3: Someone's call it.
Speaker 4: Yes, does Travis Hunter really embrace the two way player thing and have one blue suit, one gray suit half and half walk up there it's a little risky, or really embrace the the image.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not gonna have to wait long to have his name called, so that's good too. But yeah, maybe maybe he could have uh half and a half that I like that an offensive defensive suit.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark, you want him to dress like two face from Batman. Yes, yeah, okay, a good call, A good poll there. Yeah, see it.
Speaker 8: Meanwild if he got caught in like something where he was falling and they're like, no, see they have a corner.
Speaker 3: Now they have a wide receiver. None though they have a corner.
Speaker 8: He plays two position, everybody's got one, and then he just keeps not wishing.
Speaker 3: Probably not probably not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, we still got to figure out if he plays both positions more than fifty plays. There has to be at some point we try to do this a new term for what he does because no one's done it to the level he's done it. Like we had a thing I think it was alpha back or something like that where if he it can't be a hyphen, it can't be a slash w RCB.
Speaker 3: I thought we came up with the term.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Liker for just switch back alpha back.
Speaker 3: There's a couple we could work on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here, Phillip in Iowa. I Phil, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 10: Five?
Speaker 11: I had a best, worst and a request if you'll allow best of the weekend road trip to Saint Louis with my daughter to see prof and concert checked out the Cathedral Basilica and played a little retro blacklight mini golf. Worst of the weekend, just Saint Louis, Saint Louis drivers in general. Uh and the request, if you guys will allow, I'd like to send to the man cave Joe Boo. I figured, if Joe bu can help Pedro Serrano hit the curveball, then I think he can. He can bring that sports emmy home for you guys.
Speaker 2: That's a random phone call there, fir. I'm just gonna say, I'm glad you played miniature golf and took your daughter and went to church.
Speaker 3: Are we screening these phone calls? It did give me a minute. Whe I was like, oh crap, I don't have a pest and worse ready.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, it's Wednesday, Wednesday, that's right, Jesse in Utah, Hi, Jesse, top that phone call.
Speaker 12: Hey dam first time.
Speaker 3: A long time. Yeah, five, ten, one.
Speaker 12: Seventy yesterday, thank you, there's my belt. Yesterday, Dan was my birthday, and my wife tapped into her her fritzyat and put together a lovely video montage for me with messages from family and friends. And of course she knew that Dan Patrick was I consider you a friend, and she got you to give me a cameo video shout out and on that you you told me to call into the show. So here I am calling, calling you back.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 12: I just want, I don't really just want to say thank you. You guys are part of my every day and I look forward to listening to you guys every single day. And uh, you're one of the highlights of my day. And so thank you and sucking seating.
Speaker 5: Everything was going so well, it's a there, come on, it was a really nice phone call until the sucking Seaton.
Speaker 3: I take that as a badge of honor. I appreciate that you mean so much to me and go to help Paul sing everybody. I like you all except the one guy I hate him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Uh, you want to sing Happy Birthday to Jesse?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think you can sit this one. Oh you're gonna and.
Speaker 3: I'm sticking up the statlid. What about you, Marvin? I'm with them, okay, Paul backing them up.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday, sucko Jesse. Curtis in Illinois, like Curtis.
Speaker 3: Why this popped into my head?
Speaker 13: Just learning but thinking about when you're having a baby and you're trying to figure out the names, and so like if you're having a girl, to rule out any bad names, you know, you just say it in your head, like next on stage, fill in the blank. So I was wondering if the equivalent, like if you're having a boy, is if you're imagining like Roger Goodell standing up on stage saying, with the first pick of the twenty five NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select Jack Marius tex Thera Trix like from Key and Peel's gets to rule out any horrible names.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's how I would pick the name of my son, of how it's going to sound when Commissioner Goodell calls his name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well why not pick your daughter to be like, hey, and the WNBA first selection is Kimberly, you know what I mean, Like why Caitlin Smith?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, you know how much I care about name people naming their babies and how sensitive I am about that. Just make sure you're not naming your son after a serial killer, Like if you put the name down.
Speaker 3: You wasn't our serial killer in the seventies with the same name. If you have that, go with the new name, Well, what serial killer are you talking?
Speaker 4: I don't want to pick out anyone in particular, like Wayne Gaze, John Wayne Gacy.
Speaker 3: Like in Wayne Gacy, if you if you live in the skagerrit don't John Wayne Gacy, Paps. It was you were so close if you had a son.
Speaker 8: You were like, great, now I can't do John wayn Gazy, Paps, Like.
Speaker 3: Who else are you picking? Like serial killers? Let's call about that draft? You know. I heard this thing.
Speaker 8: I read this thing the other day where it said it was very simple, it was just one line and said, you know, you don't have to have an opinion about everything, and I was like.
Speaker 3: What, that's stupid. Yeah. Immediately it was like that is so dough. You really don't have to you have to have an opinion about not having an opinion, right, I was like, wow, what that's a great blew my mind.
Speaker 14: You know, you don't have to have an opinion about everything.
Speaker 2: I did see an article where somebody was naming their pet and said, what's the last thing you ate? And then that would be the name of your pet. I'm like, coffee, No, you didn't eat the coffee.
Speaker 8: Oh I drank it's the last thing I can tell, oh, so yogurt, dang yogurt? Hi, come on yogurtyo buddy here yogi yogurt, get your leash.
Speaker 3: Yes, my dog would be named uncrustables.
Speaker 2: I just had a peanut butter and damn underrated.
Speaker 4: No, they're actually properly rated. They're probably the hottest snack in America these days.
Speaker 2: I'm going through the Detroit Airport and I have all of these options, and I go, I want to peebee and j and damn is that good?
Speaker 3: We got to get a sponsorship here. Are you a Skippy or a Jiff guy?
Speaker 6: Or does it not matter? Like some people will only have cocher PEPSI most people would be like whatever, I'm just in the mood for cold, it doesn't matter. I used to be Skippy, but now I'm Jiff and I don't like the crunchy ones.
Speaker 3: I like the creamy good thank you.
Speaker 14: Now that I think about. My dogs are all named after food.
Speaker 8: I mean with uh peta, asparagus, mango, lemon, and not brisket.
Speaker 3: But we call a kit name is brisket? Okay? Yeah, yeah, all right, yeah we're onto some anyh Yeah, all right, I have a goldfish name burrito. You couldn't note. There is no way you could take care of inside of four minutes.
Speaker 2: Let me let me take a break. Got to get a professional in here. Frank Kelly Endo apparently dominated last night Doug Gottlin.
Speaker 14: That's when Frank realized he made a very big mistake.
Speaker 3: I like when Frank he narrates his own life. Oh you know, and I told you as Morgan Freeman. He like that. It's great.
Speaker 5: I said, you could sit down and have a conversation with yourself. You don't just all these different voices.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: He just I thowt you what, man? What? I thought? You what?
Speaker 7: When he does his little John Gruden. Oh yeah, that was my bad impersonation of him.
Speaker 3: Doing you were doing John Gruden?
Speaker 7: There, I was doing him doing John Gruden.
Speaker 3: No, he does it really well. No, that dearie did take Jacob break.
Speaker 8: I thought, shut up, I'll tell you what, man, Yeah, to give it something.
Speaker 3: Can't be banana.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take take a break. Here We're back with Frank Cavlaedendo.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live draft coverage. Yep, with the first pick, the biggest dates that know about every player and every team.
Speaker 10: You've got it right here, God listen ass Fox NFL insider Jay Glazer, former New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas, College Football Hall of Famer and former number two overall pick LaVar eringtecht at Fox Sports lead college football reporter Jenny Tap deliver the pick, fine pick coverage night, Fox Draft Night Live lives right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Doesn't take much to make Pauly happy. Just got some cheese curds there.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Nice, She's courage Later on tonight at the meet and greet here, Oh yeah, I asked for a fresh, fresh batchel cheese kirts and they talk about them being squeaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they're uncooked like the norm ones.
Speaker 4: They almost like the styrofoam almost they had that little squeaky sound.
Speaker 3: You bite them or squeeze them.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we'll find outly all right, that's great. Let's see Frank Caliendo. He's a comedian actor, writer, and he does great impressions. He is all across the country starting this Weekend Appleton, Wisconsin, The Skyline Comedy Club, The Funny Bone in Desmone, Iowa.
Speaker 3: And wrapping up May twenty second and laugh your balls Off? Oh sorry? Is that the club called laugh your balls Off?
Speaker 8: If I won the lottery and started a comedy club, I'd call laugh your balls Off?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom Apache Casino in Oklahoma. Go to Frank on Stage dot com for tickets. Please welcome the Great Frank Kellyando.
Speaker 3: There he is.
Speaker 2: He's done it again. Mister Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Is that that tinly? I'll take it. Yes, you're from here. Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: I grew up in Waukeshaw, Wisconsin, right outside of Milwaukee. I went to the went to Waukeshaw South High School. And you were a catcher, I was, yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was a zero tool. Baseball players pretty much what I.
Speaker 5: Was, right, I uh they I could hit the fastball a little bit. As soon as I got a curveball coming at me, it was, you know, screwing myself.
Speaker 3: Into the ground.
Speaker 5: And then, uh, I couldn't throw down to second base. You know, you want to have like a one eight, one nine throw down to second base. I was two five something like that, so I didn't get many runners, but there weren't. You know, it's Wisconsin. There's some slow people, so I still got some guys. I'll tell you what, man, I went gruding on Hatch and I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what man or what started doing it already? What happened? Man? Okay, back, this kept happening last night.
Speaker 10: We did.
Speaker 5: By the way, I have to tell you, guys, as much as I love this show, and I really do love this show, it's become a part of my life. I told you guys that I lied to a lot of other people about their shows, but I really do like when somebody calls in about you know, they've just had an operation or been out for a while and they listen to your show gets them through it. I haven't had any of that, but for some reason, you guys get me through it. So uh it's it's really great. But to see you last night in the true Dan Patrick form, it's like watching Bad Santa.
Speaker 3: It is. I have never seen anything. I've never bet you guys.
Speaker 5: Remember Mystery Science Through Theater three thousand, MST three K where they're commenting on stuff.
Speaker 15: That's him and none of it's arable ever, and you're just going who is this guy I like him more than the TV guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: He kept saying, are you really like this? I go yes, oh yes, I am. Oh my goodness, it was. It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: It was. Uh, it really was. But does when all else fails you go Gruden? Uh?
Speaker 5: It depends Groodon right now, because he's everywhere. I mean there is just you see you get on ex Twitter, whatever it's called. You get down there and within a minute, maybe thirty seconds, let's go five seconds. Within five seconds, there's John Gruden opening something up like a box.
Speaker 3: League, what do we get?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 3: He comes in. He had that hip surgery so he can barely walk.
Speaker 5: He's coming in like I'm trying to get there, man, like an oompa loop.
Speaker 3: But do but he do.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Man, gonna drink from the chocolate river. It's gonna be good man. So then he gets the box. He opens up the box. He's always has trouble opening up the box, right, He's like, gonna just slice into I just cut my finger up.
Speaker 3: But I can keep going, man.
Speaker 5: You know why because I love football and I love opening up boxes. So he will go into the box and sometimes there'll be a box inside of the box.
Speaker 3: And he's like amazed by that. It's like, what is this inception? You ever see that?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: You ever see inception? Leonard?
Speaker 5: I'm like Leonardo DiCaprio right now. Man, He and I have the same situation. So I'm opening up a box. There's another box. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 5: Luckily I still got that tool him my hand. I got to go inside a box. Do you ever see those Russian nesting dolls where there's a doll inside of a doll inside of a doll.
Speaker 3: You open up the last one's chucky?
Speaker 5: Tell you what, man, I just wrote a bit that's going on stage.
Speaker 3: I like it. How does Chris Berman like you're in person? Yeah? Well, Berwin I first met Berman. I was doing the grow and he's.
Speaker 5: Like, Eh, sure you're.
Speaker 3: Doing other people. You're gonna be doing other people. He didn't want you to do him. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think he was skeptical. I think he was good about it. Never I was never asked not to do it or something. But everybody does a Chris Berman at ESPN.
Speaker 3: Just nobody. Yeah, everybody doesn't ye like trained seals.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait way, So but everybody does one. They're and Uh, but when you do all the makeup and stuff like that, said it the desk, and yeah.
Speaker 3: We are in a frozen tundre rainbow field. Big big, big big big big big by big to you, then, could you fool somebody now with that one on the phone? Not with that one? That one's become a which one? Could you call somebody?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 5: I could probably call somebody as well. I think John grew naked, but we uh yeah, I believe I could probably pull that one off, Sonny. The truth of the matter is that's one that you could just He probably doesn't talk like that in real life though, right The Morgan freemans like, I've just decided to call you out of the blue dam You saw a number that you didn't recognize, but for some reason you answered it anyways. And this is good work going through five hundred yards of the fifthith slop. I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to you guys here, Morgan Free that sounds pretty good, So I think, yeah, that would be one. I mean there's some that uh you have to go more subtle in the old school. To John Madden, I could.
Speaker 17: You know I used to do it on the radio, and I would do it in place, because when I would do it on stage, I was like, you know, it's that big, over the top. But then to just talk the way he talked, to say the things he says, I mean you know that, it's just like it's.
Speaker 3: A part of what you're doing there.
Speaker 5: So there's different versions of each impression where you can go over the top or you can and berman like I my Bourma was always just pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was great, so I would just go way to the big, you know, just get the laugh out of it.
Speaker 5: At the And that's the way I used to always do impressions was over the top, almost to the Dana Carve level. Dana does those huge over the top caricatures, and the person like Darryl Hammond would do right on the money. And I tried to be in the middle somewhere just to have my own style with it. But with the Internet and the way people use social media, if you're not dead on with the exact sound of the voice, like terrible awful, does it should have been Charles Barker there.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. That's really in a bed, So don't ban knuckle here.
Speaker 5: All those Doug Gottlieb trying to get wins and you're up here slamming them.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, Okay, what's going on.
Speaker 2: How often does it happen where somebody comes up to you and says, Frank, I got an impression.
Speaker 5: Well, that's all the time. I mean, it's I it's whence people do. I don't mind if somebody does it. It's when they do it for like they do one of my bits or the whole bit. I'm like, I know I wrote that, or they'll come up to me and do it there yoda, which I think anybody can. Like, it's close, but you're gonna do the all all the lines, so it's it's nice because they know you.
Speaker 3: Right, it's not all.
Speaker 5: And I was on the Baseball playoffs for TBS and I had commercials for me. During commercials of me, they were like, you ruined the baseball players. I'm like, I didn't decide where they air. Okay, it wasn't It wasn't my thing. I just I shot them.
Speaker 3: But so that it's cool. It's just don't go long. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And uh, And I don't mind when people people say, hey, do some John Madden and I'm just like boom and that's usually enough for people.
Speaker 3: Uh and when they when they want more, here's a guy who's good, little greedy throw so I feel like I get the chance to make that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And here you are with the draft week in Green Bay and mel Kiper you do uh mel Kiper, who is.
Speaker 3: The nicest guy you guys had him on it.
Speaker 5: I started doing I wasn't even trying to do it, talking like mel Kuiper junior Dan. I sometimes get lost trying to figure it out, breaking down cam Ward out there in Miami doing his thing and trying to get more pinpoint accuracy. And if you're looking at a guy who can make the reads, I'm gonna go Schadeur Sanders. A lot of people talking about that's dad Deon Sanders apparently played football. Don't remember, but I'll tell you this pretty good player, a little bit flashy for my taste, but I'd say this about the shador does a tremendous job.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna break down the well, it's all you know. I want to break down the dannats here.
Speaker 5: We got tremendous gotten marve it over here, tiny hands not it doesn't have the ability to catch the ball.
Speaker 3: But had is gonna catch a lot of shade. That's what's going on with Marvin.
Speaker 5: Sometimes people gonna say things, He's gonna knock it down on those tiny hand swatten and you look at Fritzi's gonna have a pun. You know, nobody's ever had a pun on top of a pun. That's better. The guy wants to play rhyme time twenty four hours a day. And then you got then we're over that, we're taught. You know, we gonna we're gonna talk Seat and his name isn't even actually Seating.
Speaker 3: He's using an alias that is, but that's because he loves soccer. Nobody cares about soccer.
Speaker 5: Then Paully the original Chat GPT generated Paully Translator. He does a tremendous job. Can explain anything that could be explained in three seconds in about four and a half minutes. And that's does a tremendous job. You know, Scottie Pippin spelled his name with an ie and his son spells it with a y.
Speaker 3: I mean ae O U A I O.
Speaker 5: Almost got the vows wrong there, but you take a look. I'll tell you what I would get the balls wrong, man. Why sometimes only a vowels so uh so, Yeah, I think we think we got through.
Speaker 3: I deserve it. I deserve it. Fritzy is so happy we haven't gotten to the Fritzy impression. I was just gonna get to that.
Speaker 2: So we were rehearsing yesterday here in Green Bay and Frank comes over and all of a sudden, Frank's observing everybody, and he just tried not to do and then you just decided to do you know, a Fritzi impersonation.
Speaker 5: Guys, Guys, I don't have the voice one hundred percent yet. It's like you with the with your Trump impression, where it's all hands right now.
Speaker 3: But there's a thing. I watch somebody's mouth.
Speaker 5: So if I watch, if I watch how the mouth moves, you can kind of tell how the person talks.
Speaker 3: If you watch their eyes.
Speaker 5: That's how I get how they think a little bit more so, Fritzie's a lot of times gonna say something and at the same time he thinks it's gonna crush, but he's also really worried that it's gonna go real flat. And I don't know how you can have I don't very big in a Dallas mel Kayper. I don't know how you can have that kind of a bravado and at the same time be worried about what you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: But so his sessays are in this. So the first thing I do is look at the s and it's it's, uh, the kind of a I was just trying to, Uh, that's it. And I've heard seat into it too, and you do more of a lisp and it's it's and it's a.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know.
Speaker 9: I I was just and he explains like he'll say, well, I was just trying to I was just trying to get explain what we were going for with that kind of thing, you know, and you just hope the batteries run out, like.
Speaker 3: But so like god, well you guys want to play right time rhyme good, you're supposed to talk.
Speaker 5: So because I was starting to get it last night when he was because he was talking. And then when I can hear it while.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it, you know, I'm you know, just kind of you're just leving me out there. Now you just let me die. Scary scary, scary, scary scary. See when I hear the words, when you hear the words. That's good. Imitation is usually flattering, young lady? Could he Dore's a lay over?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 3: You sit on my lap? That's awkward. Who did you not get?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's a lot, but you kept trying, or you still keep trying. Fritzy is one of them working toward that. But I think, uh uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's so many. If you haven't heard me do it, I can't.
Speaker 5: That's the thing so at because I get ripped so much when they're not very good, and like don't have the cartoon version of the person yet.
Speaker 3: So who frustrates you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: As far as an.
Speaker 5: Impression, Let's say I would love to be able to do a ben affleck or something like that. A Matt Damon somebody, somebody who's more subtle. I've found little things with some people.
Speaker 3: Timothy Sallow may I think may Shadow may Hey, Danny, how you doing?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 3: That sounds pretty good? You want to come down, put a much dash on and uh be in another movie.
Speaker 5: There we go, and we've done this before. Fritzie's Marge Simpson. Oh it's great, it's pretty good. Right, No, there's a who's the I'm trying to think play by play t and t Kevin Harley.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic. That is that is a top notch. Come on, you're going to do it. The Nuggets are on a twelve six run and the Bucks want to talk about it. This is the.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 3: I've texted you before.
Speaker 5: I've texted it before during the show and said, that's one I could never get.
Speaker 3: And the problem is now.
Speaker 5: That you've gotten the this there's the NBA on TNT and mine always turns into Marv Albert. Yes, but so when you do that, now that's the tag that that's the perfect tag. But I could never use it because you use it. So it's one of those like, ah, he nailed it. Now I'm going to find something different because that's the thing you've You've uh latched onto with it, which is the perfect thing to do because no matter what you say, you end it with that and always.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that's very much.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Now he's gonna do more. Here we go. Now I'm going to sing. Now I'm going to sing some Uh, this is the NBA on TNT.
Speaker 2: But what you do that makes you so brilliant is so wonderful, wonderful, is wonderful you you do your impersonations in context, like there's yeah, it's not just hey, I'm gonna do an impersonation.
Speaker 3: Well I think you do that right. I mean it's usually it's a throwing something.
Speaker 5: You were talking, steven A Smith before you throw it out in the midst of a conversation. I'm just having the conversation with myself when I do it. So that's I understand where you're coming from with some of these things, mister Patrick. When I first met steven A he's like he was you know, he was at ESPN that he went to Fox for a little while and then he went back to ESPN. I saw him in an elevator when I was going to shoot the NFL on Fox stuff, and uh, he said, mister Calli endo of all the impressions and impressionations you do, do me a favor.
Speaker 3: Don't ever ever do me.
Speaker 5: And then I saw him at the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, and uh, there were like fifty people around by the way, like, there's like fifty people surrounding steven A. I got you out to understand, there's people trying to get it me. I'm I could quite possibly be one and for president, and that could happen, and we need to make sure I'm safe.
Speaker 3: But so he's why that. But one of the they asked him who the best Steven A.
Speaker 5: Smith impression was, and he'd just seen me, so he said to me, there are other people like Jay Farrow and Jamie Fox who do great, incredible impressions of them, probably better than me. Jay, I think Pharaoh might do the best one. But it was funny because he said it, and then I was just telling her. I say, I got a great stephen A Smith and press. So it's cool when somebody acknowledges that, even if I know I just saw him a little bit ago, I was just a top of mine.
Speaker 3: So I take that. But do you watch other I try to stay away.
Speaker 5: I know I don't like to watch anybody because I will come across somebody once in a while and I say that that person's really good.
Speaker 3: I don't want to watch them. Do you listen to other people's sports rate?
Speaker 5: You don't want to listen to anything, because then you could your take could be influenced on that. There's a lot of people that watch this show in local markets and probably beyond that. You'll if you listen to them, you'll hear the same or similar takes afterward. You guys kind of set the agenda a lot of the time. And there's a few shows that are out there that are like that, but you guys are definitely one where there's a lot of people go, what did they do today?
Speaker 3: Oh, let's do rhyme time too. God, I hope I actually enjoyed it. See, that's the thing. We had that conversation.
Speaker 5: We had a conversation about Todd last night and I said, yeah, you cut him off quickly. Sometimes you're like, I got you know. He's like, that's the funny thing. When Todd is not trying to be funny, he is hilarious. When he is trying to be funny, it's like, stop trying to be funny so we can laugh.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's true, but it is.
Speaker 5: He'll say something, you'll be like ah, and then he'll try to explain his way out of it.
Speaker 15: You'll start to get mad sometimes and everybody's like, no, keep going. This is gonna this is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: It's gonna end poorly.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Frank will be performing all across the country. You can go to Frank on stage dot com for tickets, you're gonna be in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Laugh?
Speaker 3: My balls off is a comedy store. I'll sell you. Well, that's a good name, like they open a box and look at that. Man. I just realized what I said. That's a bad idea right there. You did? You did John c Riley in Step Brother. I did a little bit of that. That's one of those I love that you're getting into this. Why you're supposed to be doing the plug? Thanks Dan?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Did you did you touch my drum set? Did you touch my drum set? I think he touched my drum set? I did him in an animated Disney movie? Is he's an ant Did you did you touch my ant hill? Did you touch my ant hill? Because it looks like somebody stepped on it.
Speaker 10: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: So because if you bring it up, it becomes so I didn't even know we were doing that. Oh, where's light up?
Speaker 2: He'll be in Appleton, Skyline Comedy Club, the Funny Bone in des Moines and uh des Monet des Monee. I had the same flat at Tanant Oh my god, when she was saying, you know, we are touching down in Chicago and then we will be going to Desmonet and I went, oh my god, and I'm next to Paulie. I didn't correct her, and she said, and you could just see people go. Did she say desmone Iowa.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure she said, Frank onstage dot Com. Great to see, Great to see you guys. Thanks everybody, Thank you, thank you. We'll close up shop here after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: Closing up shop here at the Bar in Green Bay. Big show tomorrow, is that right, Tom?
Speaker 6: Yes, We've got Drew Brees coming by, Kurt Warner, Daniel Jeremiah, Matt Miller, all in on set right here at the bar.
Speaker 3: Tomore. Okay, that sounds great now.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 2: When we came in this morning, there were people who were lined up from three point thirty in the morning, and Seaton goes, I just ran into a guy who I think is the guy who gave us one of the great sound bites in show history, and I go, all right, I'm curious about this and it's Tom and Wisconsin. So if we can play the salary song that would be great.
Speaker 3: Salberry salary, sealery salary, celery.
Speaker 4: Salary, great salary, great salary.
Speaker 2: So Seaton runs into Tom and Wisconsin waiting in line, and we didn't know if that's really the same guy. So let's bring up Tom and Wage.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like seeing Bigfoot. You just walk through and get Israel.
Speaker 2: All right, So Tom, it's a bad can you that's a bad? Can you prove that you are the guy who gave us the salary?
Speaker 16: So that was a while ago, okay, and I was a little tuned up, okay, in the apartment, had some time to kill singing songs. Meet Friday, had a few drinks in me. Okay, and we're singing it. Do you have a few drinks in you know?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The item is all over this, yes, Dan. Quickly, the email matches up to Tom's name. We got it.
Speaker 4: We got an email from him years ago. I said I'm the guy if you ever need me, And it matches up with this guy right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's confirmed. It's unfortunate. You ready to go?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm just ready like you are. Are you ready to give us a cappella salary? My phone salary, salary salad.
Speaker 1: You gotta go all the way out.
Speaker 10: Tom.
Speaker 2: This has been a great mystery for us because we kept thinking, who is this guy and how did you, you know, come about recording that song?
Speaker 3: Miller Lights your sponsor? Yeah, and Miller Lights. Uh, I mean that's about it.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, for the longest time, people would be like, we know that's you doing it right, saying thinking it was me.
Speaker 14: I would get all the time on social media. I'd get a hunt.
Speaker 8: We'd play it once and I get one hundred tweets of people being like, why don't you just admit.
Speaker 3: That it's you.
Speaker 14: I don't understand why this is such a big mystery, And I'm like, I wish it was.
Speaker 3: It's awesome, but there you go.
Speaker 2: Well you're entrenched in show history. So Tom from Wisconsin, thank you for telling me all.
Speaker 3: I figure sports me contributor in the show. I mean, I love it. I mean, well, now we're asking you to leave, Tom. Yeah, all right, Tom, well get out of it.
Speaker 5: To We're awesome and we're not tuned up. We haven't yeah beers, Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 3: Okay. Uh, let's see Todd, would you learn today Marcus.
Speaker 6: Spears says the physical toll of playing football has made him a bit mentally unstable.
Speaker 3: Seaton, would you learn today?
Speaker 8: Uh, Frank Caledendo's working on his Todd impression and it's coming along nicely.
Speaker 3: Marvin, what did you learn today? Matt Laflour is a Hall of Famer. Yeah, Paulie, we had a line at four am. Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 6: Matt Lafloor says all about wearing many layers while trying to stay warm in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Uh, what we learned is brought to you by the great folks at Miller Lte. For fifty years, Miller Light has been the top pick for beer lovers. In nineteen seventy five, it's the original light beer. Thanks again to this great audience that showed up this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: A lot of fun, a lot of fun. Hope you join us tomorrow on the program for Fritzy. Marv, Seaton, Paula, yours truly, this has been the Dan Patrick Show. Have yourself a great day, Everybody,