Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe with Louise Moon. I'm Stephen Carroll, Louise. Good morning. Let's start with rieschmant shares seven percent hire this morning after their latest earnings update.
Speaker 1: Indeed, they had their first half results this morning, beating estimates essentially across the board, but the standout sector was really their jewelry division, so that was sales in their jurry division was up fourteen percent, so that helped overall sales rise about ten percent in their first half. To anless is saying that jewelry remains and I quote, a remarkable locomotive for growth and that these results confirmed that the company as a whole is the fastest growing within the luxury sector. And if you look back, they've really withstood the luxury downturn five better than the rivals, and that is largely due to the jewelry.
Speaker 4: Their jewelry obviously is at.
Speaker 1: Very high value and it's seen as a better store of value than kind of expensive clothes or leather goods that other luxury companies might be selling. So the stock is up seventeen percent this year. There is of course a bit of headwinds from tariffs, and they have said this morning they expect quite a sizable hit from that, but they'rewithstanding that. So stock up seventeen percent this year and soaring as you say this morning, and looking back, as I say, really outperforming the wider luxury sector. And then if you kind of take a step back and look at their peers or their rivals results recently, it paints quite a similar picture. So LVMHDAL or Burberry pointing to kind of starting things starting to improve. Essentially, there's hopes that this broader slump might be subsiding, but reached one is really the standout among them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and be interesting to see that movement in the share price this morning, and other companies shares are soaring today. Ppat Hotel group listed in London looking at some options for real estate investment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's quite an interesting answer.
Speaker 1: This is a group that's behind Park Plaza hotels in Europe and they own a lot of hotels across Europe. So their biggest shareholders considering options over their stake, so they said this morning they could either contribute more capital or sell some of their stakes, so holding meetings with financial investors to discuss options. We reported overnight that they've approached buyout firms about possibly taking the company private. So details are kind of unclear as well as any timings, and of course there isn't any certainty over whether any offers will be made. They say they haven't got any offers yet, but they are calling themselves in an offer period, so shares, as you say, rising on the back of that. They didn't give much reason as to why they are trading at quite a big discount to their valuation of their own portfolio, so potentially, you know, that could be one reason. And also these Biggert shaholders, they have been with the company for quite a long time. One of them has been there since nineteen ninety one, so again potentially a reason, but they haven't given much so we'll be closely tracking that one to see what happens, if and what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed want to keep an eye on as well. And some shares that aren't trading this morning, Louise, and that's in you BEI staff to what's happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the French gaming company.
Speaker 1: So they're behind games like Assassin's Creed, which obviously very well known. They've delayed their first self financial results and this was just so they were meant to report today and they delayed them just before they were meant to be released.
Speaker 4: They haven't said much, they haven't given any reason.
Speaker 1: They just said they'll publish in the coming days and they've also asked for trading to be halted in France until those results are published. In a memo to staff, they say they were taking extra time to finalize the closing of the of the first half of these results. But this could so There's already been a lot of concerns around Ubisoft, so this could escalate those concerns. For example, in May, they said they needed more time to develop some of their big titles and they forecast that no revenue growth would happen for the full year. And their shares already down forty nine percent this year, and if you look further back, they're way down from a peak in twenty eighteen, about ninety three percent off that. So we'll be keeping an eye for when they'll be reporting. But as I say, that could escalate concerns and extend setbacks that they've experienced recently.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.