Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jacation and now Key arms On live from Studio C Dimly letting Room People, then the Bowels or the Armstrong Yety Communications Compound. How y'all doing? First, the disappointing news to some of you. Joe is still not here. He's still on vacation. I can hear the groans. I can hear the groans all across this great nation. The seventies stations were on across this great station, people groaning. That's still just me back from vacation. Joe is off for a couple of more days, as he is taking what he keeps calling the longest vacation of his life. And I'm sure it is with him and his wife Judy celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary, which is obviously a big number, any big deal. And he'll be back I think on Friday or sooner or later, or whenever, whenever he gets around to it. But man, there's a lot to talk about. Both things I want to share from fun stuff I did over vacation or things I learned over vacation or whatever, and just stuff that's in the news and really look forward to it. Michael, how are you doing. How is your time off? Did you do anything? Did you take any time off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I took it easy. I took it very easy. Take it easy. How are you at taking it easy? I am terrible at taking it easy. I am not good at it at all.
Speaker 4: I just got stuff done around the house, so nothing exciting, you know. I did the stuff that you don't want to get to. But you have no excuse at this point. You've got lots of time to do it.
Speaker 2: I did a fair amount of that too. And I am not good at relaxing. I never have been. And it made me wonder about someday in the distance future, when I retire, what that will look like. I am not good at relaxing. My son said to me yesterday, my sixteen year old, because I was talking to him about this, and he said, you know, I could do nothing all day, every day the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy. So I guess he's built that way. He got those genes somewhere. Yeah, I can't do that. I can't either, I absolutely cannot. So I'm happy to be back at work and happy to be back in my routine. Human beings, like dogs, really like routines. And I suppose you know, if you don't have a job, you get some sort of routine like my parents, and my dad gets up in the morning and he goes down to the McDonald's and argues about politics with some other old retired guys. He's got a routine. You gotta have a routine. Of course, we're going to dedicate an entire hour to Travis and Taylor finally getting married over the weekend. We got a full hour on that. We'll do one segment on what the celebrities wore, We'll do a segment on the vows, and all kinds of different stuff. Would do that later. That was what my niece called our royal wedding, Our royal wedding that happened in Madison Square Garden over the weekend. Look forward to that. Biggest political stories out there, and I have no interest in talking about politics. One thing I thought about over the last week and a half is how little I care about talking about politics. I love issues, I like policy, but man, just the day to day crap that fills cable news channels and social media. I have so little interest in and it has so little impact on anybody's life. But it is a pretty big story that this Platner guy running for the Senate up in Maine, who at least had a shot of flipping a seat which could determine who controls the Senate, which is a very, very big deal in our system. Graham Platner is in trouble. A woman came forward over the last forty eight hours, flat out accusing him of rape, with the long detailed story on camera on This is not the New York Times piece from several weeks ago that had a bunch of women kind of vaguely alleging him live that he wasn't a good date. I mean, it was so weak. This is this woman was in that piece. She wasn't at that time talking about being raped. She didn't want to be a rape victim, but she she decided she just couldn't handle this guy being in the Senate, know one, what kind of guy is, even though she agrees with his politics. And we'll get into that a little bit later. We'll play some of that interview she did with Jake Tapper on CNN. It's very believable sounding, and it's it's definitely bad, and you know it's bad and got teeth. Given the fact that Chuck Schumer and Rocan and all kinds of powerful Democrats that had been supporting Platner have now asked him to get out of the race. The top Democrats in the country have asked this guy to get out of the race. So that's when you know it is almost certainly over. But if you haven't heard that the details of that story, we'll get into that lit bit later. I know the fourth July at this point is in the rearview mirror. But man, there was so much good stuff over the fourth of July that I came across just everywhere social media and various publications and TV shows I watched and everything like that about this great country that can't wait to get into that stuff and share it. There was also some ridiculous pushback against America that we have to talk about, including the Mayor of New York City and his insane address that he put out for the fourth of July, blasting the United States of America for that whole socialist America, hating crowd out there that is growing in power. It would seem the Socialists won another seat in Michigan a couple of days ago, unseated another what sixteen term normal democrat lost to another Socialist, So they are continuing to fletch. So they're weedy. We don't believe in work muscles. Got more on that too, And then, of course the United States lost in soccer yesterday to a much better team. That was the problem with that. The team we were playing was much, much, much better.
Speaker 4: Did you go to a fireworks show or anything like that?
Speaker 2: Kinda not a lot. I live in a town that hates America. It's amazing how little, how few American flags there were in the town I live in. It was disappointing. My son actually said, because we were driving around. I don't know if it was day before or on fourth of July. I said, how come I don't see more American flags? I said, because you live in a town full of people that mostly hate the country, which is true. And if you drive twenty miles to areas where people love the country, there were tons of flags and a lot more firework going on. But such is the deal. There's a great poll that came out over the weekend. We'll get into the details of that also. But for people who lean right with their politics, Republicans, their love of the country is steady no matter who's president, very little wavering whether it's one of their guys or not one of their guys in the presidency. Whereas Democrats they love the country and it's a democratic president, they hate the country when it's not a democratic president. It goes up and down like that, which is interesting, isn't it. One line is straight, the other one goes up and down with the administrations, which I think means something about the psychology of people and how they vote. But again we'll talk about that a little bit later too. Trump's at NATO right now with some major decisions and conversations to be had about the future of NATO and how much money they're going to pony up. And in particular, Trump is meeting with Zelensky tomorrow and then already has scheduled immediately after that meeting with President Zelensky a phone call with Vladimir Putin, and that could be a big deal. Trump's meeting with the leader of Turkey. They're going to talk about whether or not they get some of our very very very cool technology in terms of our planes or not, and lots of stuff there. We'll probably talk to Mike Lions at some point this week about that. Definitely. I'm looking up at the TV man. All of the political shows, your cable news shows are big on this Plantner story. If he has to drop out, I think Susan Collins holds on, and that means Republicans most likely are a lock to hold onto the Senate, which is a big deal for Trump, who's probably going to be impeached somewhere between one and fifty times over the next two years when the Democrats take back the House. Have lots to talk about. Can't wait to tell you some of the stories about going to Nevada riding dirt bikes. Was in Vegas for three days. I rented a nineteen sixty six Mustang GT that we wrote around Vegas in for a couple of days. It was so much fun. My sixteen year old and I, Oh my god, that was cool. On that later, let's start the show officially, as we're back from vacation. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday, July the seventh. Let me cut my fingers from the fireworks hip got all ten this year. That's fantastic. July the seventh year, twenty twenty six, we are armstrong in getting we approve of this program. Let's begin it. According to FCC regulations at mark.
Speaker 1: This is the eighteen time champion of the world with sixty six Nathan's famous hot dogs and buns in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Joey Chestnut, and he went on to win again quite easily. Nobody can touch Joey Chestnut when it comes to hot dog eating, which reminds me of this that I came across. Though we lost to Belgium yesterday in the World Cup soccer four to one, and it wasn't that close. That doesn't tell the whole story of the United States versus Belgium. Moon landings USA, Belgium zero, waffle houses Belgium zero, United States over two thousand and finally, hot dog eating titles USA sixteen, Belgium zero. So there you go. Suck on that, Belgium. Who needs you? We don't care about soccer anyway. I get across another great bi centennial piece about all the things America is good at, and it was basically of Hey, World Cup soccer fans, you can thank us later, with the idea being that nobody would care about the World Cup if the United States prioritized soccer. If we cared about soccer the way we care about the NFL and the NBA and Major League Baseball and all our best athletes play soccer, no other were country in the world would ever win a World Cup tournament. We would win them all, and nobody would have an interest in it because it'd me boring. So you can you can thank us later that we stay out of your sport rest of the world. Otherwise we dominate that and it would take all the fun out of it for you. I have to talk about running into some foreigners while I was in Vegas who love the country, just like all those stories you've seen on social media, maybe about people coming here from foreign lands and being amazed by the United States, particularly compared to what they're getting from their news media. That's what this guy from Sweden told me, but just absolutely having a great time in the United States and shocked about how happy and safe we are compared to what they're seeing on their TV news every single night all across Europe. That doesn't do us any favors anyway. We got that to talk about too. So that's about fifteen different topics that I've already introduced, and we got more to come. Can't wait to get into all of that. You can text any time you want on the text line, which I've been gone so long I don't remember what it is. Four one, five, two nine five KFTC. We've got headlines with Heather Meers coming up next. Please stay here, arms Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: What about the late mailing goals that America will receive tomorrow. That's true, the mailing goals have not been counted. Maybe we'll end up beating Belgium if that's the way things ought to work. Again, we beat A six moon landings, US six, Belgium zero, hot Dog Championships US sixteen Belgium zero, Waffle Houses two thousand plus for the United States, Belgium zero. Now, those are important scores. Let's take a look at the headlines that are going on right now. We welcome back to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Heather Myers, who was off for a little while too, welcome back out of oh.
Speaker 1: Glad to be back, and happy Tuesday. Let's start with this a story from Fox News. Trump arrives in Turkey for high stakes NATO summit. Same story from NBC News Trump to meet with NATO leaders with his commitment to the alliance in doubt. And from ABC News, Trump meets with NATO allies after a year of upheaval.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will talk more about that. I hate all of the news coverage that the leans into the Trump doesn't believe in NATO. NATO didn't believe in NATO until Trump started pressuring them to spend money on if they didn't believe in their own alliance. Anyway, more on that later.
Speaker 5: Talks shaking it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a microphone problem there, Michael, we have any idea what's going on there? Let's try it again. Heather, did we just completely lose our microphone? That's a drag. We're gonna do a feature with Heather Myers a little bit later. She has been filling in for Katie Green, who was off because she had a little baby. And well, maybe we'll hear from Katie who knows, But Heather Myers has been filling in, and we decided we'll do a little segment with who is Heather Myers a little bit later in the show today. But Heather is back with the headlines. Heather, Okay, is that better?
Speaker 5: Do I sound like I was underwater there?
Speaker 1: Sorry that Let's try this again this one from Fox News. Judge appears visibly shaken as Charlie Kirk assassination evidence is shown in courts. Yeah, that one. That video you almost have to go to check out because it is quite a fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know the story. Go ahead and take a little time here, explain what's happening there.
Speaker 1: So they're doing the preliminary hearing right now, which is essentially where the judge will decide if there is enough evidence to move this on to trial, which is about a one hundred percent chance of that happening. But they did actually show the evidence yesterday, including the shooting, and you see the judge. The camera's only on the judge, and you see the judge actually like wins as soon as the shots are fired.
Speaker 5: And does see a judge do that? It is pretty eye open.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't seen the video and I'm not going to watch it. I don't need to see that, but from what I understand, it is pretty gruesome. Okay, we'll be following that trial of course.
Speaker 1: Back to you, Heather, CBS News Top Democrats call on Graham at Platner to drop out as sexual assault allegations emerge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Chuck Schumer and others come out and say you gotta go, it's it's over. It's just a matter of hours. Really, I'd be shocked if grand Platner doesn't get out today. The interesting thing is that Maine has no system or no rules anyway for replacing them on the ballot. They can, and they will, but they have no rules. They can do it however the hell they want, and they need to scramble and figure that out too.
Speaker 5: From CBS News.
Speaker 1: China test launches ballistic missile from sub in South Pacific.
Speaker 2: With strengthing condemnations from other countries around the world.
Speaker 1: Right from Fox News, The View's co host Sunny Hostin feels unsafe in neighborhoods with American flags. Oh, that one's causing a lot a lot of chatter online.
Speaker 5: From CNN.
Speaker 1: Diarrhea causing parasite can contaminate rob produce, causing misery across several states.
Speaker 2: Why I don't need vegetables.
Speaker 5: It not safe?
Speaker 1: From CBS News. Microsoft cutting more than forty eight hundred jobs, including three thousand jobs from the ailing Xbox unit.
Speaker 2: Uh do we know why?
Speaker 1: Apparently people are not playing Xbox the way that they're used to.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, all on their phones.
Speaker 1: From News Nation, more than four hundred and forty thousand people became millionaires in the US last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, within flash and a million dollars ain't what it used to be. Maybe we'll get into the numbers on that. It's depressing.
Speaker 1: Finally, this morning from the Babylon Bee Dems wishing there had been some sort of sign that Platiner was a bad person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. It's still a mystery as to why the New York Times a couple of weeks ago when they had their big bombshell story about Graham Platner's accusations around you know me too, stuff, sex, stuff, all that sort of why it was such a soft piece. Uh, nobody's exactly sure. And it featured this woman that eventually came forward with the rape allegations, and apparently the New York Times knew the details of her story and decided not to include those details. So man's that's its own interesting story. But this guy's gonna be getting out of the race. We'll hear from his accuser coming up in just a little bit, you will rather and you can make your own decision whether you think she's believable, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: There are times when I walk into a community and I see American flags all over the community, and I suddenly feel unsafe because there's a section of this country that has co opted the American flag. Can they equate being an American or an American flag with white supremacy? And that should never be ever the symbol of white supremacy?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? That's one of the clacking hens from the view. I got more to say about that as I took in a ton of media over fourth of July, and a lot of you probably did too, or maybe you're smart enough not to have it, that crowd that hates America. More on that than just a second couple of things I want to get to. First of all, there is a cup of coffee sitting here, full cup of coffee that is from So we were off for a week and two days we didn't work. We were what do we call our leftovers, replay replay or best of stuff like that. I call them leftovers. It's like food you didn't finish and you put in the fridge and you heat it up and it's okay. So we had that yesterday all last week, and then that previous Friday, and then I worked from home I think on that Thursday, didn't I because I had pink I remember. So this cup of coffee sitting here is a full almost just short of two weeks old. What do you get me to drink it? Huh? Twenty bucks? Anybody in for twenty I should do a gofund me. How much money you give me to drink this two week old coffee?
Speaker 4: Hanson says twenty five.
Speaker 2: Mostly because it was just coffee. Had made me a big deal. Really, because I put cream in my coffee. It's all curdled up. It's pretty gross. I need to throw that out during the commercial break. More importantly, a couple of Supreme Court decisions that came down late last week as a Supreme Court scadaddled for the session before they come back in October. One around the trans sports high school thing. That is interesting, and then another one, and that one's pretty easy to understand, and we could talk about that later, although we're going to talk to our legal expert about that in our four. But this Fourth Amendment protection case that I don't fully understand. So I look forward to talking about that in hour four. But like one of the analysts that I respect said, this may be the most important Fourth Amendment ruling in decades. The Fourth Amendment is where you get into your protections against the government and privacy and all that sort of stuff. It makes a lot of new moves that will force lower courts to rethink their presidents. It may be more constitutional privacy for what people do on their phone than what they do in their home. I find that a very intriguing notion, privacy around the stuff in our phone as determined by the Supreme Court going forward around the Fourth Amendment. So we will get to that in hour four and I look forward to talking about that. What was the other thing I wanted to tease before we get to the main We're going to find out who Heather Myers is coming up in a little bit. She's been filling and doing our news. Oh man, I'm watching one of your foreign countries who won their soccer match jump up and down and go crazy over the World Cup. I, as I've mentioned many many times, not a big soccer fan. I don't understand the sport at all. If you don't understand a sport, it's hard to enjoy. I can watch an entire NBA game, or an NFL game, or was at Major League Baseball game, is at the A's game on last Friday night. I can watch those sports because I understand the plays, in the strategy and what's going on over the two or three hours. Even when there's no scoring. It keeps my attention. I don't with soccer. I don't see other than goals. I don't have any idea what's going on, so I don't find it interesting. If you've ever watched, like an NFL football game with somebody who doesn't know what the sport is, they're bored to death because they don't see anything happening. But I was in Vegas and I'm and I stopped by this bar my son and I why did I stop buy the bar? Because I wanted a piece of chocolate cake. So I stopped by this bar that had food, and I saw on their menu thing outside that they had chocolate cake and they were still serving in it was like midnight, and so that's what I really really wanted. Not to drink. I haven't had a drink in almost twenty years, but I did want a piece of job click and uh or my son did and we split it. AnyWho, there were people watching the soccer match and it was Somebody and somebody some foreign countries and people were cheering like crazy and wearing jerseys and all that sort of stuff. And as we were sitting at there at the bar after the match was over, some very drunk guy came up to me and said, are you Americans? And I said, yes, we are, and he said I love this country and he said he was from Sweden and he said all of the media they have back home, he said, our politicians on our media tells us it's miserable here in the United States that everybody's fighting and there's gunshots everywhere and fighting with the cops in the street and all this different sort of stuff. And he said, I haven't seen any of that. I love it her he said, I don't want to go back home. And the other guys he was with there were from other various European countries, said the same thing. And so we've seen this on social media, bouncing around people amazed at how nice and pleasant the United States is as comparison to what they're seeing in their own media back home and shocking. So not only are we a placid friendly, everybody's just fine country just in general compared to what their perceptions were, it's even more so, of course, because they came in with a certain point of view thinking that I'll bet what they're seeing lots of is like the fighting in the streets in Minneapolis. I'll bet they've seen that endlessly on their TV screens at night or on their video feeds, and they think that's what the whole country is doing with Trump as president. And obviously, of course that is not what's going on all around the country or even close to it. And I spend a lot of time thinking about how the same topic we're on all the time, can the world can democracy? Can human beings survive the media everywhere all the time in your hand algorithm world that we live in where klickonomics rules today, and so fights in the streets are going to get lots of clicks, which means your feed on your phone, whether it's Instagram or TikTok or whatever, is going to feed you more videos of fights rather than videos of everybody just being perfectly happy. And everybody having a warped perception all around the world about everything. If everybody's perception about everything is completely wrong, what kind of world do we end up with, What kind of politics do we end up What kind of attitudes toward each other different countries do we end up with. These people are shocked to find out that our lives are vastly different than what they thought, and only the World Cup and them traveling to the United States to see it in person is opening their eyes to reality. But obviously the World Cup's not going to be going on all the time. And I don't know. This is a troubling topic, and I don't know what's going to fix this. I don't know if anything can fix this. But if that's the way Europeans think it is in the United States, well they're gonna have very different views of how much they should support us in a war with Iran, for instance, or all kinds of different things, or invest in NATO or whatever the hell it is. But I've got a little more on that from some great writers that came across over the last couple of days, particularly around the fourth of July. But I found that really shocking. These guys were actually blown away by how different the country was than what they thought it was going to be. That's not good. We'll have more on that later. First of all, I'll tell you about this. If you got a dog, you need to try rough Greens. It's something you sprinkle on your dog's food. You don't change your dog's food. We all know that is a big deal. You can keep your dog's food. You just put rough Greens on top of it. Because all the nutrients that are in there, twenty vitamins and minerals for pennies a day, you can give your dog what their food is probably missing, live probiotics, enzymes, in omega oils. It's all natural. It's made in the United States. Thousands of dogs are feeling younger, more energetic, happier and healthier than they have in years, and your dog could be one of them. Try it for nothing. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. You just cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong. Again, it's free, you just cover the shipping. That's ruff Greens dot Com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better. I want to give a for instance on the back and forth of the attitudes about this country. There is a little bit in or a lot of nutpicking going on on Twitter, for instance. Nutpicking is when you pick out one nut on the other side and then hold them up as an example of your opponent, and often it's not accurate, although sometimes it is. And as we all know, there is a growing section of this country that actually hates the country and wants to tear it apart and thinks that we're a net net force for evil on earth, which is crazy, by the way. But Elon Musk, a foreigner that came to this land, tweeted out on the fourth of July, I read the Declaration of Independence out loud today with heartfelt conviction. It's a work not just of genius, but also a purity of soul that resonates to this very day. The fact that the richest man on earth by far feels that way about the United States, Thank God, that is a good thing. I really appreciate that he knows, and he's talked about this, and other people have written about how there's no place else on earth he could have taken his genius and what he wanted to do and pulled it off. Like the United States, because so many countries either don't believe in innovation or don't allow for a new ideas where they're so entangled with bureaucracy and this and that and regulations that you can't do it. Not only are our attitude of for as long as we can hold on to it, some level of personal freedom in this nation and our ability to do whatever we want. Just absolutely fantastic that he and others have this attitude. And I've got a whole bunch of examples that of that that I collected that I want to share with you later, along with the examples of some of the haters like Mayor Mumdani of New York and his ridiculous video that he put out for the fourth of July, which will play a part of a little bit later. But that battle man, that is I thought that was the bright lines were drawn over the fourth of July between those two crowds. The crowd that understands that we are the force for good, we are the last hope of the world for not living in a totalitarian state, versus the crowd like Mumdanni and a lot of people who are winning elections around the country that think we're a force for evil and that we'd be better off without us, which is absolutely nuts. I actually think it's a mental illness, which I want to talk about also later. But first we're gonna check in with Heather Myers, find out who she is, what makes her tick. We'll go deep, do a deep dive on Heather Myers, among other things coming up, Stay.
Speaker 1: Here, armstrong, hetty.
Speaker 2: Kind of interesting. We got a text from somebody who says somebody who drives around in a big, jacked up truck with an American flag is probably a racist. Stayhole. Interesting that you have those views. We do need to get into that discussion a little bit later. I couldn't disagree more. We also got this text hot dog eating contest obscene, gross, classless, symbolic gluttony and joy. Chestnut doesn't use any condiments on the hot dogs. He consumes. God, no, God, if you put relish air mustard on there can imagine how gross that would be. If you ate sixty six hot dogs with mustard. I will give you probably obscene, definitely gross. Of course it's classless gluttony. Yeah, yeah, all these things. Still love it. My kids and I watch every year. I don't think I've missed it one year with my kids in sixteen years. This segment, we are going to talk with Heather Myers. Heather.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: So, Heather's been filling in doing our news since Katie had her baby. And she's on maternity leave right now with their cute, cute little baby, and she posts pictures all the time, and we see the cute little guy, and we'll be talking to her as soon as she gets back. But Heather's been filling in, and we realize we haven't introduced Heather to you the listening audience at all. Heather's not in the studio. Where are you, Heather?
Speaker 1: I am at home. I am at home. I am home based in San Diego. And if Katie's listening and you ever want somebody to come hold your newborn baby, I will do that any day of the week. There's nothing better.
Speaker 2: You're a mom. What's your kids situation?
Speaker 1: So my kids are older, they're thirteen and fifteen, and then they don't like it when I try to hold him like the newborn baby anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've known each other for years and our kids are roughly the same age. Because I'm fourteen and sixteen and We've been talking about that since they were quite a bit younger.
Speaker 5: And you have two boys also, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The moving into the teenage years, is is it different than it was before? Is it not?
Speaker 1: I'm hearing voices in my house and thinking there's a stranger, and I realize it's one of my kids with their voice changing and cracking. I'm like, oh, that's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My youngest, to his great dismay, still has his little kid voice. He can't wait till it changes. But I remember when my sixteen year old voice changes. All of a sudden, there's a grown man in my home. There's a different man, very weird.
Speaker 5: Hold do your kids compare? Who has more armpit hair?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't had that conversation. I'm sure that does come up coming. So you're what's your resume more or less your news history? You be? You're a TV news person in your whole career?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know this is I was so blessed to do most of my TV news work here in San Diego, started off as a reporter and then moved into the anchor seat for over twenty years here in San Diego, and it was, you know, a dream come true. But there was something nagging at me that it was time to go, and from different changes within the industry to me really wanting to feel proud of the product. Finally, I just kind of ripped the tablecloth off my life about a year and a half ago and.
Speaker 5: Said, that's it. I'm going to do something totally different.
Speaker 1: I got my real estate license with my husband and quit my job here in San Diego. And the day I quit my job, Newsmax called and said, we're looking for a freelancer. Would you be interested and doing some work for us? Just the day Yeah, I mean we had been in contact, but nothing lined up as far as contracts worked out.
Speaker 2: And you realize this is not the way it works for most people in media. Most people, either you get fired or quit your job. You never get another job again in your life. You don't get caught that day.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, and I you know, I'm so great.
Speaker 1: Every day I'm pinching myself because I thought I need to be at home more. I thought it would be harder to be, you know, away from the kids as they were toddlers, but I realized it was way harder when they are teenagers. Right to be they always have to be somewhere they almost like need you more. So I yeah, newsback said you can do it from home. So it's been amazing. And so now I have two full time jobs.
Speaker 2: Jack and so you are a reporter for Newsmax, so.
Speaker 1: I do some correspondent work for them. I basically cover most of what's happening in California. There's never a shortage of stories here. It's me and another guy who's based up in Los Angeles, and we do most of the California coverage.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah, good for you. And you can do that for a long time. And news Max is uh and Newsmax is one of the many channels I check out on a regular basis. What is what is the what is Newsmax trying to accomplish? Do they have an AX to Grind? I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know about an AX to grind, but I do feel like they are sharing and showing sides of stories that I was not seeing on any of the major networks. I was noticing, and not be frank, I was noticing complete and utter bias in one direction, not just from what ended up on air, but from conversations in the newsroom. And I thought, you know, you are allowed to have an opinion. Every single person does, every journalist does, but what shows up on air has to be fair and balanced, and I was getting really frustrated with it. So I'm I'm seeing networks like Newsmax show the other side of the story that you almost have to hunt down to find unless you're watching Newsmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't mind being on camera.
Speaker 5: Until one time of the morning, a first thing in the morning. That's not a side that I like to show many people. But no, I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: And I think that now that people are in front of their phones all the time, I feel like most people are starting to get more comfortable with that, whereas before it was way harder.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's one thing that Zoom that the pandemic pandemic and people having to be on zoom introduced to well one for meetings at work, we all know that. God, I can't believe for all those years we all drove to these stupid meetings, when now we realize, let's just jump on zoom and not have six people sitting in traffic for a half hour to two hours to get to this meeting in person. No, it's nice, it's nuts that we ever did that. But media stuff all kinds of the expense of having guests be in one studio as opposed to it can be there on zoom. It's perfectly fine. Nobody cares right.
Speaker 1: And it's the same on television too, I mean, bringing in guests from all over the world via zoom right on TV. In fact, that's actually how I connect for my life shots every day.
Speaker 5: I shoot it right on my phone. I don't have a crew.
Speaker 1: I set up a tripod, my own light, and I connect on my phone, And that's how reporters are doing it these days. We're starting to see, you know, the big cameraman and the big old live truck. Those are fading fasts, I'm sure unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Well, Heathermis, we appreciate you filling in while Katie Green is on maternity leave for a while longer. You're doing a really good job and we couldn't appreciate it more.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for having me. This is such a great opportunity to be with you guys, listening to you guys for years, and I wish Katie all the best. There's nothing better than your first baby.
Speaker 2: Cool, I know, no kidding, nothing like that. We got a lot more on the way if you missed a secnik at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty