Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Taking some stocks on the move today in Asia. I'm Caroline HEPCA JOHNI US now as Bloomberg's market supporter Anthony Stephens. Good to speak to Anthony. It looks like the first signs of dispersion in the tech trade in career, even as we're seeing the cosp actually with a big leg lower again today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's led by the market heavywet so Samsung and Henix are down sharply here on the memory trade, Bari in mind, Samsung just had results, they were excellent, and then the stock proceeded to get clovered. And that shows you the kind of a depth of positioning on the memory trade which is getting challenged here now as the you know, the the forward looking estimates of AI spen is getting challenged. So on the other side of that, you have a big laggart LG Electronics, which beat on earnings and is getting rewarded. That's our four percent kind of stemming some of the slide in the cospy. But the COSPY is so heavily weighted to Samsung and Heiniz at around forty percent of the index between the two of them. If they fall, market can't go anyway. And what is really interesting about today is where the technicals are kind of meeting the fundamentals. The COSPY is very vulnerable, having broken eight thousand, it's below it's fifty day moving average, and it's traded through yesterday's limit down halt level, so things are quite vulnerable here. Foreigners are embarking on an epic selling spree twelve days in a row and at one point two over one hundred billion dollars already.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that is quite some move, isn't it, given how much we've seen South Korea, Taiwan and other markets again over the course of this year and sort of overtake a lot of the European markets. How's the Hang Seng Tech Index faring given Chinese AI play.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Chinese ai has been the other shoe of the foot on the AI trade. Right. So, the USAI ecosystem has been rallying very strongly in the first half, and as you mentioned, koreenta On were huge beneficiaries of that. Up around fifty percent. You know, still year to date, Hong Kong was the other side, and recently the Chinese internet spaces started to innovate on the technological side, just as it is a beneficiary on the floor rotation side. So the new models from ten Cent and Mathoon have been very strong, and they've also started to show discipline on the cost side. So for example, Ali Baba is tying up with Lazada, so Alibaba is having one of its biggest moves in since twenty twenty five. It's up eleven percent. Ten Cent has been strong for days on end and is up again, and h steck is up. The Hong Kong Index is up four percent and h Steck is leading. This is a huge dispersion with COSTPI, so that if you're talking about at the heights today, the dispersion was ten percent on the tech trade. So whether the investors will chase this dispersion further or it just shakes Peaple out of equities altogether remains to be seen.
Speaker 3: One cloud though, roots reporting that China might restrict access to the most advanced AI models. The US and China maybe following down the same path here.
Speaker 1: So speaking to traders, what's interesting is the reaction function to that news. People are surprised that China thinks that its models are good enough to get from people in the first place, So that has been actually taken really positively. One of the names that is in that kind of consultation Jupu two P five one three h K that's up eighteen percent today after its lockup expired. So normally when a huge lockup expires, that's pretty negative for the stock. But you had the holders of the stock come out and say they would hold their lockup shares, and then you had this reaction to the Chinese headline where it's got this one company up very strongly, and that's seen as a bellweather for China's AI ecosystem overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently according to that I reported, it was the Chinese Commerce Ministry speaking to Ali Baba, Byte Dance and.
Speaker 2: Z dot Ai.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, exactly, yeah, jope exactly. In terms of oil price, it's just a quick thought on that os is rising. Does that have an impact on stocks? Obviously this revocation of the waiver allowing new sales of Iranian oil, that does have an impact, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Look in terms of the oil impact, it's more putting extra macro pressure on what is already a teetering trade as far as the semiconductor space is concerned. So semiconductor and AI investment in the US is by nature a long duration trade. People are borrowing money, like Amazon, for example, to build out data centers far into the future, and you know they need rates very hardly anchored for that. Any flare up in inflation expectations from oil pressures that at the margin. But for now, in terms of Asian markets, no one is really talking about oil as a primary driver. We're still in the tech driving.
Speaker 2: Stenter this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest s roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.