Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of What they trend About?
Speaker 2: They trend about nothing? What they trend They trend about nothing? What they trend about they trend about nothing.
Speaker 1: Courtesy of Vanadium Silver and Steaming Chuck and Steaming Chuck on the discords.
Speaker 3: A call and response in the discord. I like that Silver said what they trended about steaming chuck.
Speaker 4: They trend am on none.
Speaker 2: They try to go h my name is Jack beat Over, there is Miles.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: These are some of the.
Speaker 1: Things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: We will get into the Drake lawsuit.
Speaker 1: The uh.
Speaker 2: No fair, I'm I'm calling the police.
Speaker 3: You know response standard You called the police in the middle of a rap beef?
Speaker 2: Hip hop? Hip hop?
Speaker 4: Hip hop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: There's we we have different differing theories on what this says about Drake. Uh, because I think it was a cool move by him. I think this is gonna win that beef and win.
Speaker 4: Them that's happening called the cops.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, just call the cops, babe, like a call?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: What else happening while tariffs happen? So I haven't been.
Speaker 4: It's happened.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's going to be hitting Canada and Mexico with twenty five percent tariffs just with the you know, largest trading partners. It's where so many fruits and vegetables come from, in electronics, whatever everything. What's wild, though, is the Guardian, along with the story about reporting it, they also pulled Americans and sixty nine percent of Americans are like, yeah, the tariffs are definitely going to make things more expensive. Sixty percent of Republicans also believed this, So you fucking losers.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this just shows I don't think they vote for him because eggs.
Speaker 3: No, it's because it's because some people said that rather than saying like I don't like not white people.
Speaker 2: That aren't right what it is.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna.
Speaker 3: Go if you ain't assist white person, leave me alone, but I will I will claim and let me alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cloud Shinbaum, the President of Mexico, has responded just saying quote, one tariff would be followed by another in response and so on until we put at risk our common businesses. And then also it was saying about like if it's about fentanyl, that says more about your society and maybe if you spent a fraction on what you do on like military and defense and put that back into your you know country, maybe you could tamp down on some of those issues rather than blaming you know, migrants, because something like eighty eight percent of the fentanyl that's get seized by the border was like from Americans bringing it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not coming in on migrants.
Speaker 3: And when it does, it's coming in on like fucking trucks and shit, so very convoluted. But again, he's kicking off the fucking economic turbulence already.
Speaker 4: So hey, if you got shit that you get from.
Speaker 2: Over there, maybe maybe stock up a little bit love on.
Speaker 1: The president of Mexico has better things to say than any politician in our country every the most part. Can we go for the party that's in control Mexico for.
Speaker 2: In the US? What we better watch?
Speaker 4: The Democrats might be like, should we just do that? Should we just copy them? But a more water down I don't know, see feeling.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would take a more water down version that actually targeted neoliberalism.
Speaker 2: Not accurately.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no not actually no.
Speaker 1: We had a new head fake in the world of disgraced Republicans going over to Cameo with Lauren Bobert, the hot new trend Republicans getting their little dopamine flood, their little fam validation on cameo. This was it, Alast, this was not was not to last.
Speaker 4: This was her kicking off her cameo career. Hey, Cameo, it's your girl from Colorado, Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 3: I am so excited to be joining another platform where I can connect directly with supporters from all over the world, whether you.
Speaker 1: Or someone Okay, she pointed out the camera on that first PEP talk if.
Speaker 2: You want to surprise friends.
Speaker 3: Or whatever it goes on, she said, what's up? Is your girl from cob What are you? A fucking failed radio president? Lauren bulber Boy chir boy.
Speaker 2: President Joe Biden Ganggang.
Speaker 3: The plugins she used in pro tools made it sound like she was actually inside of a truck stop bathroom, So I'm really impressed with whatever production stuff she's got going on there. The sad part is you won't be able to get any of these videos because within hours of the page going up, it was deleted just as quickly. Since Bobert has no concept of ethics, personally or professionally. I think she didn't realize that she can't be trading off of her name as a congress person to do like paid appearances and shit, that's a no no. And I think she was just playing copycat with Matt Gets and was like.
Speaker 2: Well, he's doing it.
Speaker 3: It's like he's he resigned in disgrace whatever, Yeah, to try it.
Speaker 1: Her performance reminds me of the RNC rebuttal lady who came after Biden's one bright spot of the past two years this like good State of the Union where they got him on the good uppers and the rebuttal was just kind of weird and like kind of she would like emphasize the wrong word and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah Katie Britt, who yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like somewhere out there there must be like an RNC performance coach who has very strange ideas about how people should speak on camera, Like Okay, now close your eyes for three seconds for no reason. Now point at the camera and roll your eyes into the back of your head for emphasis.
Speaker 2: I get roll it as how yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now get a warm smile and freeze it for fifteen seconds so it looks like you're about to Pitch Forward with a Knife in your back and an old mystery TV.
Speaker 3: Show, because none of them are actually experienced in being authentic when speaking publicly. They're all doing some version of a newscast or they grew up with and that's their way of like talking. So they're like, hey, it's your girl, well Warren Bober from Colorado, letting you know. It's like you're doing promo for like a pet store that's about to open up in your local town or some shit. It's just very contrived, and hey, they blessed them, bless them because I mean she she threw a little you know, flavor in there by saying it's your girl from college girl.
Speaker 4: You could get over that.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back with more news stories on this our news podcast.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and we just wanted to check in with the new candidate for Attorney General, Pam Bondie.
Speaker 2: Yondy oh man.
Speaker 3: We thought maybe people were like, oh, well, at least it's not Matt Gates, And you're like, here's the thing about the person they just brought in.
Speaker 4: It's Pam Bondy. So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: She is scarier than Gates, I would say, because not only is she just as craven and partisan as MATD. Gates is, she actually has experience being an attorney general, but for the state of Florida. And she's made it clear for like over a year now. She's been auditioning by like constantly being on TV's like when the Republicans are back in the White House, I will make sure I am ready to go after Trump's enemies. And guess what you are now squarely the new nominee for attorney general and pretty much anything bad you can do as a politician, or anything bad you can stand for as a politician, she has done or embraces ideologically. But there's just like this one part if you're an interesting texture, because not only did she accept like a twenty five thousand dollars campaign donation, some would call it a bribe that prevented the state of Florida from joining a class action suit, a class action lawsuit against Trump University, which is very shady. Yeah yeah, yea yeah yeah yeah yeah, like a little bit of grease payment. But then there's this story that I just saw about how she stole a Saint Bernard during Hurricane Katrina. So wow, when apparent this Saint Bernard was like at like a panelas County, like dog, like a humane society. She adopted the dog like right away it was I guess was Master Tank and then she renamed it to Noah. And then the actual owners are like this older couple from Louisiana. They tracked the dog down to her home and they found that the dog was with her and they're like, hey, can we.
Speaker 4: Get our fucking dog back? And she was like, nah, it's my dog. I don't even know how the fuck you are.
Speaker 3: So then there was like a lawsuit ensued. Pam Bondi's defense was, quote, I took a dog who was a walking skeleton. That's what was wrong with him before the hurricane. If I thought I was sending him to a stable environment where he would be cared for, as hard as it would be, I'd put him in my car and drive him back myself.
Speaker 4: I made a promise to him that I would protect him.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: They eventually settled out of court and the older couple got their dog back, and then Bondi just replaced that Saint Bernard with another one.
Speaker 2: So you know, she's like, I'm sure she did.
Speaker 1: It's the same Bernard, because she really cared about it and it was in no way just a pissing contest, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 3: When you asked the couple, they have said the agreement initially was that she would visit the dog because she said she was so attached, and pay the medical bills. She hasn't done either, but the couple doesn't care because they're like, we just want our fucking dog back. Yeah yeah, so yeah, sorry, Pam.
Speaker 2: That's so wild to be like, I am just helping. There's a national tragedy in Katrina. I'm gonna help.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of dogs were displaced. I'm gonna be the bridge for this dog to a new presidential administration, the bridge dog owner. And then they're like, okay, we found the owners. Actually, like fuck you, you're writing it back.
Speaker 2: It's my fucking dog.
Speaker 4: Fuck off.
Speaker 2: This dog was mine.
Speaker 4: It's mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So it was a scale, dude, it was a fucking scale. When I picked it up, I thought scale.
Speaker 1: Immediately throws the dog she supposedly cares about under the corner.
Speaker 3: This dog was a fucking skull when I found him, Like shit, I mean yeah, you kind of did.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: So yeah, prepared. Well, we're again like with most appointments we've been hearing about. We got a hedge fun guy becoming the Secretary of the Treasury. It's all systems go on the buffoonery. So we'll we'll talk more as these people become, you know, come to us in higher definition. But for the moment, just know that the Trump administration is transitioning as.
Speaker 4: We expected with absolutely you know, they's just.
Speaker 1: Gonna be cool, very cool and normal people. Let's talk about Macy's real quick, because there's a chance that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is that when they do it Thanksgiving Day parades this year tomorrow, we'll just have like the balloons will just be like normal size, snoopy balloon, like a balloon like a kid is car.
Speaker 3: It's a mylar balloon from a fucking grocery store, snoopy mylar balloon, and they're like zoom zoom in assholes. What it's all wobbly. It's so small. I can't keep it in focus. The wind is too intense.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming this story is about some sort of massive massive criminal conspiracy, but the way it's being currently reported suggests that like one person started using their job as like Macy's small package deliveries account manager and just like went fucking wild to the tune of one hundred and thirty two million dollars because they Macy's was forced to delay reporting its third quarter earnings, like the whole company had to stop their earnings report after an employee hit up to one hundred and fifty four million dollars in expenses related to delivering small packages.
Speaker 2: According to CBS News.
Speaker 3: This is the thing I don't understand, because they did say, like I don't know what exactly they were concealing with the like fake expenses because the Macy's was saying like this didn't affect like vendors.
Speaker 4: Or customers or our companies cash. I'm like, are we are you sure?
Speaker 2: Are you sure about that? What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: But they said, because you also know, like they're not pursuing at the moment, they're not pursuing criminal charges. It's very like unclear, and I'm it, I'm more intrigued the more I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what the fuck? Why is it? Oneted person? Who is this person.
Speaker 1: Saying it was one employee overseeing small package delivery expenses, and it like they racked up one hundred and thirty two to one hundred and fifty four million dollars worth of delivery expenses. Like the fact that it's specifically delivery expenses, it's just like I'm picturing like the expense account equivalent of someone who takes like a little lick of icing on the side of a cake and then like had They're like, oh, I better even that out on the other side, and then they like keep doing it until they've stolen one hundred and thirty two million dollars. They're just like, oh fuck, I better cover that. Well, they I had a big lunch yesterday, so they're gonna expect me to have a big lunch today and then.
Speaker 2: Better take a humor all icing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, if someone understands how any of this works, like like mechanically, I really want to know, like what do you get out of hiding these expensive and and how did they like I'm assuming they enriched themselves potentially, but if they.
Speaker 1: Did it like this is probably like they had somebody who was fairly high up in the company who was actually not really a person, but like was part like the front of a scam that was just like working remotely and they just didn't have good kind of information security in place to deal with it. And so now they're like, fuck, fuck, fuck, how do we make this not look wildly irresponsible?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this is going all the way back to twenty twenty one, and I mean I get it. Macy's as a company is not doing well because let's be real, this is it ain't ninety six, Like we're not going into the department store to get our pajamas this year, like just people don't shop that way anymore. Yeah, so I don't It does feel a little weird, like just fucking hide shit.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know the guy. Okay, I don't know why everyone's asking so many questions and wait with them.
Speaker 3: But how is it bad that we didn't even realize that one person could do this?
Speaker 2: You couldn't do that? What the fuck isn't fair? We gotta.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Grafton scamming. They are America's number one pastime supplanting football and fucking apple pies.
Speaker 2: I guess the church, Yeah, yeah, church.
Speaker 1: Then it was football, then it was fucking apple Pies and the Great Men American Pie.
Speaker 2: Remember that movie? Cool reference, Jack.
Speaker 4: I'm about to watch that for Thanksgiving with the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, November twenty sixth. We are back tomorrow with a whole lest episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves again, the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,