Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed. It's spooky and kooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I'm Gonstanes that days. Hey boo, it's me raz. I was in Joanne Fabrics the other day and I saw Halloween decorations. So if Joanne says, so it is Halloween time, I'm going with it. How you doing, I'm doing great because my friend Chris Colfer is back on the show. We all love him, including the ghosts. Ghosts can't get enough of Chris Colfer. He has had so many stories and it's his third time being on in a year, which I love. I would love to have him here all the time. He recently went on a trip to Scotland and had a little bit of paranormal experiences there. If you haven't heard the other times he's been on, go back and listen. They are some iconic episodes. He was on like a year ago ish and then he came back on with his best friend Ashley Fink. The two of them had some stories and now he's back and I love him. I love him so much, so I say we just get into this episode on Patreon this week. No bonus clip from this episode. But I'm still doing my weekly episodes where I'm looking into different states state by state. I just did Hawaii and check it out link in the description. Also, there will be a video version of this episode. We literally just recorded this yesterday, so it's just going to take a moment to get that edited and up on YouTube. The folks over at Starburns Audio are work and real hard to get these video episodes out, so please watch them. Those are just I mean, I usually link them in the descriptions of these episodes. I'm not going to do it this time because it's not out yet, but if you just Google, or if you just go to YouTube and type in Ghosted by ROZs. Fernandez, you'll find the episodes. Anyway, let's talk to Chris on with the show. I'm joined by a three peat guest, somebody, I think the first time in history that a guest has been on three times in a year. Really, Chris, call for hello, Hello, thank you so much for having me, Thanks for coming back on. You said you have more stories, which I can't wait to hear. You know, I've never I don't even know if I've ever really talked about this on the pod. But like you and me and Rachel the Exorcists, we're like real friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we see each other.
Speaker 1: We hang out like a decent amount.
Speaker 2: It's not just for for for the show. It's it's it's for life.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, we don't we're not though. The three of us ghost hunting sounds so fun.
Speaker 2: That would be so much fun. That would be a road trip I would love to take.
Speaker 1: God, what a dream. But yeah, you and I hang out, and I'm so happy that you've come back. You brought notes, I brought notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have a few stories and I wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything because because you know, I take this very seriously.
Speaker 1: Would like your I mean, I joke, but you truly are a gift from the podcasting paranormal podcasting gods.
Speaker 2: Oh I appreciate that. Thank you you well.
Speaker 1: You know another thing I was thinking about with you is that I witnessed your first ever tarot reading.
Speaker 2: You did yeah my house. That was by Cales, our friend Calax.
Speaker 1: Shout out Calyx. Some people might know as wearing a speedout on Rpulse drags part of the pit crew, showing off that body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god. He's he's in great shape, and he also reads terror and he's really good, really good at it, really really good at it. Yeah, you should have him on on on on the show. Oh, I would love to. I'm sure he'd love to come and talk about it.
Speaker 1: He gave you such a good reading. Yeah, I was just sitting there like, so everyone was gathered around.
Speaker 2: So into it, Like everyone was just around the table listening to him, and I was my my jaw kept dropping because the things he was saying were just so accurate and so unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you've never had a tarot reading.
Speaker 2: I know, it's unlike me to not not have that. I guess it's I would rather like have a psychic reading than a terror I don't know. I think I just like psychics are more exciting to me. Past life regression is exciting to me.
Speaker 1: Your friend shar who you hooked me up with, she she's going to be on the podcast in a couple of weeks. She has a new book. You wrote the forwards to it, and she is the real deal, real deal, And you've had a lot of like readings and stuff from her.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh yeah, No, she's one of my my best friends. And I met her years ago backstage at the Kelly and Regis Live show. And back then, I was terrified of psychics because I was always afraid that they would give me bad news and I did not want any bad news. And so I was kind of like, kind of like avoiding her in the halls. And then she walked up to me and she grabbed my hand and she said, I just want to let you know you're here to help people, and who ever ever want a reading from me, just let me know I'd be honored to give to give you a reading. And I was like, oh, okay, okay, sure, sure sure. And then years later, I'm sitting like on the set of Glee talking to that I think it was Leea, Michelle and Ny Rivera and Sarah Tisica Parker, and we're all talking about psychics and talking about, you know, our different experiences with them. And I said, you know, I had never had a reading before, but I met this lady named Shar, and I'm really kicking myself that I didn't reach out to her and you know, take take a reading. And then two days later Shar reached out again. This was two and a half years later, and she just reached out like a day after it, because she had to go through her people to get to my people. So like literally the same day she reached out just to let me know that my offer was still on the table. So I took her, took her up on it and went to her her place, and she gave me reading and it was scary accurate and uh and yeah, and we've been friends ever since.
Speaker 1: Does she give you bad news?
Speaker 2: Well, she she's very very maternal to me, So it's more it's more like a motherly you know, this is what you need to do better on, you know, kind of a thing. But no, she's never given me like like you know, like like you're gonna die or you know, anything like that. Obviously, Yeah, but uh no, I love her to pieces.
Speaker 1: Have you had other psychic readings.
Speaker 2: I've had pet psychic readings.
Speaker 1: Wait did we talk about this?
Speaker 2: We might have.
Speaker 1: I'm confused now because you've told me so many sorts and you've told me like we've talked not on the podcast, So I'm trying to remember it.
Speaker 2: Remind me I can tell you Sory, you can cut it later if if, if ever, I said so, My cat was very he had heart failure, and so I reached out to a to a pet psychic, because that's what you do when you live in Los Angeles. And uh, I just wanted to make sure he had no like unfinished cat business or you know, and or there's anything I could do to like make his last days, you know, more comfortable. And the psychic says, do you sing to him? And I go, yes, I do sing to him, and she goes, do you like change the words and songs to be about him, like, for example, the hills are alive with the sound of Brian And I said, oh, yes, I do. I do. And I'm getting teary eyed because I'm thinking like, oh my gosh, my voice is soothing him and you know, blah blah blah blah, and she goes, yeah, he hates your voice.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He's telling me if you want him to die in peace, to please stop singing, to stop with the yeah with the weird al you have the name that tune. Yeah, yeah, so I did, and uh and uh, I guess he passed peacefully because of it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But so you haven't had a psychic greetings for humans?
Speaker 2: Listen no, And I've you know, I've been offered, like you to be a guest on the Long Island Medium and Tyler Henry and all that. But I just like my family is rowdy, and especially the ones that are that have passed, And I don't know if I just I want that out there right. But whenever I go through a rough time or you know, you know, something comes up, I always run it by Shar and she always gives me really good advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be nervous to hear what some people would have to say. Yeah, like that could be embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes like I'll just like lose my keys and I'll call Shar and she'll tell me right where they are. Like it's it's so, it's it's it's like having a best friend with a superpower that.
Speaker 1: Truly is a superpower. Well, one of your other superpowers, one of your superpowers, is that ghost are obsessed with you.
Speaker 2: I wish they were.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I'm obsessed with What do you mean you have twenty thousand?
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. I'm still in denial. I said that in our first episode. I'm in denial of what I guess that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 2: I want it so bad, like I want I want to have an experience that is just so undeniable. Uh, I want that, so I know. But I think I think even like with the experiences I've I've had, there's always that that little seed of doubt, you know, that's in all of us, that just kind of I want to get rid of that doubt. So I'm hoping one day I'll have an experience that really just is is blatantly undeniable. Yes, it's it's it's it's all here.
Speaker 1: You lived in a haunted house. I did you? I saw a UFO.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've had a bajillion that you have shot like, you've had so many incredible stories, but you still doubt it. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know why. I think it's. Uh, maybe because I was raised to believe that there's no such thing as goes, there's no such thing as aliens like that. That that that's still that's still in my head some some for some reason, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But all right, well, let's hear your news stories and we'll see if I doubt.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I actually I will say I had recently the most paranormal experience I've ever like I've ever had, and I'm very excited to tell you about it. In fact, as soon as it happened, I I even told someone I can't wait to tell Roz about this.
Speaker 1: So this is a ten, you would say on the paranormal scale, Oh gosh, I would.
Speaker 2: Say a nine because there's still that that small you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wait, which story is like your your closest most paranorm I think that the UFO.
Speaker 2: I got that on camera, so like that, you know, and I haven't seen this video sen to you. Yeah, yeah, I I was on the Tonight Show and we showed it on the Tonight Show and like people still haven't been able to tell me like what it could have been like, So I mean that that's intriguing. That was cause that was like it that was like I have evidence of that one. Most of it though, it was just like you know, like I'll wake up and I'll like I'll see something or someone standing at the foot of my bed and then like they'll fade away and then but then like you know, that also could be sleep paralysis. You know, there's so many could be could be. But I mean I know, I know, I think these kids are obsessed with you. I guess yeah, I think I think I'm so pale they just think I'm one of them.
Speaker 1: You know, I am very pale right now and it's not happening for me, but I don't want to. So, okay, you were in Scotland.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I turned thirty in the pandemic and had this huge, obnoxious, elaborate trip planned to celebrate my thirtieth birthday to Scotland and I had to postpont everything to this year, and I was gonna lose all my deposits if we didn't take the trip. So we went ahead and did it this this year. But I designed the whole trip around going to like you know, haunted castles and like haunted tours and Lochness and and all the famous paranormal Scottish stuff. So had had some pretty great experiences there. I'll start with this place called Castle Menzies, which is in Aberfeldie. Castle Menzies is was built like in like I think, like the twelve hundreds. It's it's very very ancient, and I believe Outlander has filmed there a few times, and it is very very haunted and also what I love about Scotland, let me tell you, is haunted places. Like there there's no stigma, there's there's no there's no mockery. It's just it's just like a fact. Like like like they're like they'll have like plaques outside rooms that just say the haunted room, like it is. It is like hilarious, like how however, and everyone just like it's just like it's just part of life there.
Speaker 1: Well. Also the fact that if a ghost is sticking around from the twelve hundreds, yeah, like they must feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, it's pretty cozy if they're they're still around. Yeah. But so anyway, so Castle Menzi's has this really really bloody history. Most notably they're like like like the clan you know, slash clan leader, slash like king guy that that lived there at one point had a daughter that was basically raped and murdered by by these men. So we had these men rounded up and tortured them in the dungeon. So there's just a lot of and that's just like one of many bad things that happened there. So there's a lot a lot of bad juju in that in that building. So we h my friends and I, including our mutual friend Drew Drogi. He was with us. We went there to have a tour and to have dinner because they served dinner in like the original like kitchen of the castle.
Speaker 1: Can people stay there?
Speaker 2: They can't spend the night, but I mean we were there really late, like we were there from like six to midnight. Yeah, and it's just so cool to like be like in like a medieval kitchen and like have like the meal being prepared in like the oven. And it was it was a very cool experience. So we get there.
Speaker 1: Was it like medieval times?
Speaker 2: No, No, it was it was. It was like it was like steak and potatoes and and and there was silf aware thankfully, Okay, I mean that would be great, but uh no, not not not in this not not not this particular place. So anyway, we get there and we're kind of like doing like a little bit of a tour and we walk we walk into this this this room that is just sort of between the dungeon and the kitchen, and it I think it was like used as like a storage room like where they'd like hang meet and you know, you know keep you know, barrels of wine and stuff. And we walk in and as soon as we walk in the room, the window slams slam shut, like just just and it was like it opened towards us. It just slams shut as soon as we walk in. Andrew and I look at each other because we were just like, did did did we just did you just see? Did we just see the same thing?
Speaker 1: And it kind of been a no gust of winds Now, That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I have never ever in my life seen the wind blow a window shut, you know, like like I've seen it blow a window open, of course, but never like you know, shut. And so the guy that ran the castle, like we were kind of spooked and he was like, oh, it was the wind. It was the wind, but it wasn't really windy that day. And again like it was also like the window was fully open with with the with the you know, with the with it coming to coming into the into the room. So that had to be like it would have to have been like a weird freak of nature like pressure wind thing for it to shut like like that.
Speaker 1: But not one of those things where like you open a door and then that causes another one.
Speaker 2: No, there's there was it was, there was no door, There was no there was nothing. Uh, there was nothing that we did to create any kind of draft or different kind of pressure in the room. But as soon as we walked in, this window that had been opened all day slam shut on its own. Okay, And that is that is probably the most uh as close as in my in my experience, the closest undeniable paranormal experience I've had, because it was just I have a picture of it, but I wish I was, I wish I was recording a video. But yeah, no, I just I've never seen the window do that to a window.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to the staff at all about it being haunted?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, and they're and like like, like I said, it's just all it's just a matter of fact, like yeah, it's it's a haunted place. Yeah, Like there're just there's like one guy like lives there and he's like, oh yeah, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: On doors, slam, windows slam. I have no big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He even said like like he goes, oh, I don't. I don't. I don't come here at night. I stay at the in the cottage. It's on the property. I don't, but I don't come here in here at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm working with Drew next week.
Speaker 2: I was to ask me about it. Yeah yeah, So that was really cool. And then and then we had like a ghost tour where like mediums came and gave us a tour of the whole castle and uh, a lot of a lot they they said. They said the castle, given its history, affects young women a lot more than than men, probably because so many horrible things have happened to young women in that castle, and a lot of the the women that were with us were felt really really uncomfortable. My friend actually left because she didn't want to take the tours because she was feeling so eerie. Oh yeah yeah. And like when we got up to the attic, a lot of people, including Drew and my friend Chaz, they heard growling, like behind their ears. I didn't hear the growling. I was very jealous, but it really spooked them.
Speaker 1: Who was growling?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't know, some demon. I guess it would have to be.
Speaker 1: So that is what I would do if I was a ghost, I would be going up to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, just grow yeah, oh my god. Yeah, I'd be the worst ghosts. I would display pranks all day.
Speaker 1: God, it'd be so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, well did you go to Lockness?
Speaker 2: We did go to Lockness? Yes, we took We took a boat tour of Lockness, and that was probably my favorite part of our trip because it was just so beautiful. I mean like my eyes were glued to the water the entire time, just like hoping this would would make an appearance. I didn't see Nessie. Ashley said that she did see something following the boat in the water. But here's the thing with Ashley, Uh, it'll take her five years to process it before she really tells me what she saw. So it's a miracle that I got that out of her in the moment. So uh that that's how she's always been. Like she sees something spooky, she holds in, she holds it in, she holds it in, and they I'll get it out of her like over drinks, like years later, and I'm like, why did you tell me in the moment? I could have ran over and confirmed or you know, denied.
Speaker 1: So what about the stuff on that tour?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's exactly where I was gonna That's exactly what I was gonna say. You know, you know me, I do. I do my research when I go to these places. I did ask the the the the guys that were that were, you know, the captain and his crew if they had seen anything, and they said, they have never seen an actual like serpent like creature, but they have seen many things that that were not that they can't be explained, like the water like doing like weird like like whirlpools, splashes coming out of nowhere. Yeah, that that that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. Miss Lockness was in the news recently. She was, wasn't she. Yeah, because they found a fossil of a Plesia sore.
Speaker 2: Oh right, well that's what that's what it's believed that she is.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was in Morocco in a salt in a fresh water lake, I believe. Oh and it's always been believed that they were only in salt water, so it could support the idea that she could be Yeah, some kind of plicio sore hanging out. But we're talking like I think one hundred and fifty million years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I what I went through that I that I listened to on this show, on your show, that I was just like I got chills. When I heard about it was I forget who it was, but he said that he believes that like Nessie and the Bigfoot, are just ghosts of creatures that used to exist. Yeah, why have I never thought about that? Like that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: It's probably Johnny L. Tenney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think about that all the time. With all of that stuff, I'm always just like, I think we just have to believe that it is some kind of magical creature.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I'm all for that.
Speaker 1: There's no other way of explaining that.
Speaker 2: And then all you can do all that stuff like with that, what was the was he an alchemist that lived there?
Speaker 1: Oh? Alistair Crow? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, so you know something's going on in that in that in that walk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I have faith in you that you will one day meet Nasty. I hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well what else you got on that list from me?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We also visited Done Robin Castle, which.
Speaker 1: Was done Robin Done, Robin, I am done. I'm done, Batman, I'm done Robin.
Speaker 2: When they broke up it So when I was growing up, we had this framed photo of Robin castle in the entryway of my childhood home, and my parents always joked that it was like our family castle and then le Scottish, I am Scottish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Later I found out my mom just got it at a garage sale and I thought it was pretty. It has nothing to do with us, and I was horribly disappointed. Anyways, so I've always wanted to go visit it, and so we went, and uh, it is breath taking, it is. It is like a French chateau, like on the Scottish coast and just gorgeous. And that's where I saw the plaque that the Haunted Room plaque was was at that castle because many years ago. The story is whatever lord lived there, his daughter wanted to marry like a commoner, so he locked her in this tower and she tried to escape and fell to her death, and so they say she haunts the dun Robin to this day. But it's hilarious because the owners after the lord turned it into a nursery this this tower, as past one does.
Speaker 1: That's so often the case, yeah, because you.
Speaker 2: Know, why not, And so it's like the Haunted room slash nursery and there's like the room is full of like dolls and and like bassinettes, and it's just it's just like it's just it's almost like it's been decorated by a gussette set designer.
Speaker 1: So the lady, she's just hanging around with the dolls.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, I mean, I mean, I guess there's no proof that it's her, but I mean that, I mean, all signs point to you know, she died tragically, so she's she's sticking around.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well I love that they have the Haunted Room plaque and that hilarious.
Speaker 1: I think that that's I like that. I like the transparency. I like embracing it. Yeah, too many people. But then there's also a part of me that likes it when they don't. And it's like, I know a little dirty secret. I know that there's a lady that fell out of this window.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, I definitely loved how they embrace it and how it's just like it's just like it's not even there's no stigma. It's just it's just like talking about the weather. It's like, oh yeah, yeah, it's on it. Yeah, oh yeah the white Lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but then that's not Yeah, the white lady. But that is that spooky, I guess. So yeah, I feel like there has to be a little bit of stigma if we want to keep this ship.
Speaker 2: There has to be a little bit of fear behind the eyes for it to be entertaining.
Speaker 1: Because you're just like, oh, it's just normal. Then it's like, yeah, it's just Jerry, yeah, which is what I always think about with Bigfoot and Lockness. It's like, oh yeah, it's just like a species. Yeah. Like no, it's fun when it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, magical, yeah, yeah, dangerous.
Speaker 1: Tell me Mark, Okay, I have one more.
Speaker 2: We took this thing called the City of the Dead tour in Edinburgh and dying to go there. Oh it's it's your dream. It is so neat the history and just I mean just a beautiful city in general, but all the dark history of it is just fascinating. Uh. The thing that I'm sure you've heard about it the tombs underneath Edinburgh, So like basically like there was a whole city that they just built on top of, and so there was like over a thousand like tombs underground, and like in the seventeen hundreds and the eighteen hundreds, basically all the society's rejects, the poor, the diseased, the criminals, the prostitutes all just kind of lived down there because they had nowhere else to go. And at the time, they couldn't even leave the city because there was a really strict exit tax where you'd have to like pay like you basically give the city all your money in order to leave it. And so it was just like the cesspool of just like sin and crime, and it was just really really eerie. And they say that once someone went there, they only lasted about six months before they either died some horrible death by disease or they were murdered. Yeah, it's just really really bad bad juju. So we took a tour, Yeah, let's go vacation, and it was so creepy because it's like you're you walking through like these stone corridors that are just like one hundred feet underground, and you can see like there are like scratches on the walls of people when they were like attacked. There are like someone like put tally marks on the bricks of how long they'd been down there. And they said that because it was you know, it's freezing, that they would they would have they would burn like firewood down there, and like they would all just like die of a affixiation because because of the smoke would just feel you know anyway. So it was really really creepy, and it was kind of funny because, uh, it was at one point, at one point that the tour was like right underneath like this like club and it was like country western night, so we could hear like like the hanky panky like coming through the walls, which that kind of took took away from the from the fact, but it also for me added an eerie element because it was like like these people like they were they were that close like to like so like to like the real society, like like people had like people living under underneath their home and like like think like like they would hear people like you know, celebrating and having you know, festivities to a few feet above their head, but they were you know, like these mole people just scratching their watching their way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So highly recommend that I.
Speaker 1: Don't like to go to any place where there's not a quick exit, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And this was like winding, so they even like warn you like there's no way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and it gets a little claustrophobic sometimes because they're really it gets really narrow. But I mean, I think you'd love it because it's just like it's just you.
Speaker 1: Don't even like going against subways.
Speaker 2: Oh then yeah, you wouldn't like this at all.
Speaker 1: Subways freak me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is this is like subway on steroids.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about sub boy eat friend.
Speaker 2: No, no, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait where else did you go?
Speaker 2: So on the same tour we went to I think it was the Greyfriar Cemetery. It's it's called Grayfriar Cemetery because back in the day the monks that ran it or gray robes, so they call it Gray Friars. So not not very creative, but you know, and that's home of the Mackenzie Poultrygeist. Have you heard of Themckinzie Poltrygeist?
Speaker 1: Which one is this?
Speaker 2: So he sried, giving a history lesson?
Speaker 1: Oh please?
Speaker 2: So, and like I think the seventeen hundreds, there's this group called and I'm it's been a while since I heard the story, so forgive me. My facts aren't completely straight. But the cliff notes version is there was this group called the Covenants, I believe, and they were fighting for you know, territory and religious freedom and you know, you know, freedom to govern themselves within Scotland. And they lost this horrible, horrible battle, and so this guy named Lord Mackenzie sentenced them all that the survivors to basically be prisoners outside in this this cemetery. So these people were just exposed to the elements for years and years and just burned and starved and froze very very much and was like a kind of like concentration camp. But but uh out you know, more more outdoors and uh so anyway, so so you know, just unimaginable suffering happened in this in this cemetery. And then when Lord McKenzie died, he was actually buried in that cemetery, which I think is just very uh ironic anyway, So if you I think, I think in the nineties, like like like twenty thirty something years ago, the homeless man wandered into the cemetery trying to find shelter to get out of the storm, and he went into this this uh this mausoleum where Lord McKenzie was buried, and apparently like he like fell through the floor and like opened the casket and the body was disturbed, and ever since that happened, there had just been crazy, crazy experiences that if that have happened in this cemetery, wow. Yeah. And it's considered by a lot of people to be the most haunted place in the world because people will go and they'll like, they'll they'll they'll faint, they'll they'll get lightheaded, they'll they'll become nauseous. People will leave and then they have bruises all over their body that they can't explain. So Ms McKenzie's not a very nice nice gal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And so once again you said, let's go sign me up, let me spend my vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it it was kind of sad because during this tour we were also jet lagged. We were basically just like the walking dead anyway, so we didn't quite you know, get the full experience that I was hoping for. But it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: That is terrifying the mackenzie polter guys. So it wasn't even until the nineties when when it was disturbed. It wasn't haunted before that, not.
Speaker 2: That I'm aware of. I think it was like that homeless guy disturbed the grave and then a few years later, this is actually kind of funny to like, college kids were messing around and they went into the mausoleum and they took apart the body and one of them performed sexual acts to the school. So I think that that probably pissed.
Speaker 1: Him off because I could have something to do with Yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's he's pretty pissed. But they also say like, like, no one's sure if it's actually even though it's called the McKenzie Poldier guys, no one's actually sure if it's actually Lord Mackenzie because there was so much suffering that was done, you know, by him or caused by him, that it might be someone one of the one of the prisoners that's it's doing all this, or a combination of the prisoners.
Speaker 1: But it could just be a mass energy, right right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but so far everyone gives him the credit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So basically, don't stick your giblets and skulls of dead people.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean that should be a given. Well now, but now we have now we have proof.
Speaker 1: Finally, Well remember that. Hey, can I read you a story please? Yes? Okay. This one came from a listener named Diane from Kentucky. So, Dan, Dian's a great writer and wrote a bunch of details, So I'm just going to paraphrase some sections. But basically, she dated this guy named Todd back in the eighties and he ended up being a real asshole. He was abusive. It was just bad, So Diane, Yeah, I know. But so Todd's best friend was named Jim. So she writes, Jim and I had been friendly while I was dating Todd, and after the breakup, we grew closer and our friendship developed into love. Six weeks after our first date we got married. Todd was pissed and he felt betrayed by us. He was very angry and very bitter. So she said that he would call over the years, and this is like pre call her Ida or whatever. So she would just like pick up and it would be him, and he'd be saying all these awful things, and it was usually around his birthday or she and Jim's anniversary, and it effect her for a while, but eventually, you know, time went on and she got over it. But she writes that he would call several homes. She changed her phone number, or not well, her phone number changed because she kept moving and she stopped hearing from him eventually and he disappeared off the map. Was great, and then several years later she and Jim divorced, but they remained extremely close friends and they still lived together, which is sweet. So many years later she looks him up on social media because she was already like looking up other people from that time, and she was like, I'm just gonna block him just in case, you never know, he could still be out there. She can find him, so she googles him and then she finds out he's dead. Oh no, she finds his obituary. She stunned. She confirms with Jim, who again used to be really good friends with Todd, that it's the same guy, same birth date. They went to find a grave dot com. They found it and they confirmed it was him.
Speaker 2: But find a grave dot com. Oh huh that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes it is.
Speaker 2: Oh I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's got great. What I'm doing when I get home, I could find a grave there. Yeah, but don't begin freaky deeky with no. Okay, So, for the first time in decades, I felt like I could relax and breathe again. I had been braced for that other shoe to drop, and now it was never going to happen. What a relief, she writes. So one night last year m it was close to her and Jim's which she calls Forever Anniversary. They were sitting in the living room watching TV and the phone rang. She says, I have phone service through my cable company, so whenever someone calls, their name and number pop up on my TV screen. And it was Todd's full name and his thirty year old phone number. Oh creepy, she says. Her heart stopped. I couldn't breathe. My body was tingling from the top of my head to the tips of my fingers and toes, and the way that what you do when you feel like someone you know is watching you, but you are willing yourself not to acknowledge them or look their way. I looked at Jim, he looked at me. We both turned back to the TV to see that the name and number again was on the phone, and it continued to ring. And then they looked back at each other and they both asked each other, are you seeing this? Is this really happening? So her phone was in the bedroom, she was too scared to move and to go answer it to talk.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she never answered it.
Speaker 1: Didn't she didn't answer it, which she says. The next morning, Jim called the funeral home where Todd's funeral was held and confirmed that it did actually occur. He did die, oh, and he was able. Jim was even able to get his death certificate from the funeral home, and it says he called the number that popped up on the screen. Jim did the next day and got a recording saying that the number was not in service.
Speaker 2: Okay, so who was it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how did that happen? I know?
Speaker 2: You see, this is why I never wish death on my enemies, because it's like I want I want to I want you to stay where I can see you. This is like thirty years later, that's crazy. You know the same thing happened with me when my mom passed away. Did I tell you this story?
Speaker 1: I know you have, but I don't remember where.
Speaker 2: So after she died, I kept getting and her number was just discontinued and all that stuff, and I kept getting missed FaceTime calls from her from from her phone. And the funny thing about my mom is she had like this almost superpower that whenever I was like in the middle of a meeting, a pitch meeting or an audition or whatever, she'd always just like pick it up out of the universe and like and call me right then tried to FaceTime me and then and then if I didn't pick up, she'd just keep going and going and going and going. So the fact that like I was getting like miss FaceTime messages from her beyond you know, beyond the grave is is is uh a very fitting?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? When's the last time it happened?
Speaker 2: A few months ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have screenshots You've never answered? Uh, Well, when I when I? When I. That's the thing. I never get the call. I just get the miss the missed notifications, never get the call.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this reminds me of one of these e vps that I've found. Do you want to hear please ghost voices?
Speaker 2: This is always when I have to turn it off when I'm listening to the show because it always cruis me out. But but I'm not alone.
Speaker 1: These are feepee today. Yeah, great, it's time for ev P or ev please. Okay. So I go to YouTube. I find people's electronic voice phenomena or e vps alleged ghosts captured on audio, and I've got two of them here for you, and I want you to tell me what you hear. The one that I was thinking of that this reminded me of is okay. This first one, it comes from Martini Kiss three s ooh nice name on YouTube, and it's at the Hotel Utica in Utica. Is Itica? No, it's Utica Utica Utica, New York.
Speaker 2: Would you call me?
Speaker 1: I know? And it is now known as the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Utica Metica. It opened in nineteen twelve. And there's so many stories. But one of the stories that I was reading about online is that hotel staff get phone calls at the front desk from some of these rooms and they answered up, they answered it it's just static, and so then they call back, they hang up, and they call back and someone answers and it's still static.
Speaker 2: Oh creepy.
Speaker 1: So that would mean that the phone would have to get picked.
Speaker 2: Up right right for them to get the static. Although that sounds like the kind of ghosts I would be, you know, ordering room service even when I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. Yeah. So there's also a woman housekeeper, ghosts that roams through the hallways. There's a man that wears a tuxedo in the bar, and there's a woman in white on the staircase. Classic classic. Okay, so what is this ghost saying? Okay, it's a little crack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's played again.
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds like a phone call. Now I don't think that it didn't say on this YouTube video. Wait to think of you this ghost is or where it's coming from. But okay, it's real crackle. It kind of sounds like, Oh, I'm wasted. I'm wasted. You gotta pick me up. Many. It's like a phone call coming from Applebee's at two am. Oh man, I'm wasted.
Speaker 2: So if you die tipsy, are you just drunk forever?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, you know, I don't know. I guess it's possible. I have heard of a haunted bar or two where like somebody died because they were drunk and they like slipped and fell. But I don't know if they're drunk. See, but ghosts tend to act a little drunk. Yeah, we're being real here. They don't make any sense when we hear them talking. They're opening windows and just walking by, they're knocking shit over, you know what I mean. So it's possible. Okay, So here's some options of that ghost. They did not think it was. What did you think it was?
Speaker 2: I'm wasted? Is it A?
Speaker 1: Oh I know where this is going? Is it B? I know where you live? Is it C? I don't think so?
Speaker 2: Or D?
Speaker 1: Is it worth it? Let me work?
Speaker 2: I mean I want it to be D, but I would say B.
Speaker 1: Maybe so you believe that it is saying, Oh I oh, you believe it's saying I know where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so creepy. It's really creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is actually what they believe it is saying. So let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Oh totally, yeah, totally here at that time, Yeah, I know where you live.
Speaker 1: I know where you live, but with like a hard candy wrapper like in the microphone. Okay, here's another one. This one comes from Crystalline j And it is at the Crown Hill Semi Terry, which is in Indianapolis, Indiana. I was looking into this place and this is a creepy cemetery. It's haunted because well because it's the cemetery. So there's that. But it was established in eighteen sixty three, which for America, that's pretty old. I mean it's nothing comperta Yeah you were just that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I got a grandpa that'ld.
Speaker 1: They've got more than two hundred thousand graves. Wow, Benjamin Harrison is buried there? Who's that.
Speaker 2: Like? Oh?
Speaker 1: Ben Yeah, I believe it or not? A US president? Oh really, President Harris Harrison Harrison? Oh yeah, you tried, you tried? Oh President?
Speaker 2: Oh that Benjamin Harrison, co President Harris.
Speaker 1: I mean you're not going to Benjamin Harrison, who's the twenty third president?
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay?
Speaker 1: I honestly did not know that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I yeah, I'm really bad. I I know English in French is three way better than I do American history.
Speaker 1: God. Okay, so apparently he's that. I don't know that he's a ghost there. But people see the ghost of a woman wandering while holding a baby. She's looking lost with her baby, just going around. They hear children laughing and playing, and here's a ghost that somebody believes they've heard. Okay, it's another whisper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more time. It kind of sounds like a laundry machine.
Speaker 1: I know there is that, but do you hear the whispers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it sounds like something like like before you can say something to me or something I do hear, like A.
Speaker 1: Say, okay, well here's some options. Is it a ooh, extra juicy?
Speaker 2: Is it B?
Speaker 1: Wait? Let me see?
Speaker 2: Is it C?
Speaker 1: What did you say? Or D wow? You can sing? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, I don't I don't hear any of those, but I guess I have to. What was a.
Speaker 1: Juicy?
Speaker 2: Wait? Oh yeah, extra juice. I don't think it was that one. I mean I wanted to be that one.
Speaker 1: Might be you think you think that extra juicy again? Sometimes you know, I put these outrageous options in here. Sometimes that is what they Oh yeah, I'm sure, okay, let me play one more time.
Speaker 2: I just hear more syllables than than juicy. So what was B again?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was they had juicy? Could who are on? And I go ooh ju see wait let me see. Well I'll just tell you. Yeah. I mean, so there's no prize, so we don't have to try that hard. It's see what did you say?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, yeah, which I kind of yeah. I can hear that more so than yeah did you say, I mean, and that's assuming it's in English.
Speaker 1: I hear it. I don't know what did you say? Okay, well, Chris, let's let's wind on down here. Let me just uh, let me just do this thing that I've done with you a few times. I'll just say some paranormal stuff and you tell me what you're saying. Yes, please witchcraft? Um, do you think it's even paranormal? What do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I it's been around for so long I have I find it hard to believe that it's not something I I feel like, I don't know. I feel like maybe like like what's the difference between like witchcraft and also like praying for something?
Speaker 1: You know, It's like the more you get into it, the more you see how similar.
Speaker 2: Right, how much of it? Yeah, it's all at the same thing.
Speaker 1: And so much of witchcraft is like with a lot of this stuff, it's so spooky because of books and movies and it's really not right.
Speaker 2: And I feel like just like witchcraft in general was just like frowned upon because it was like empowerment for women back in the day, and you know, heaven forbids. So yeah, I mean I'm a I guess I'm a fan and I you know, I grew up and I've written a book about Witchcraft. So right, so I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think about time travel? Do you think it's possible? I do?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think why I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I just desperately want it to be to be true. I wonder if it, Like I wonder if it is true yet does that make sense? Like I don't, like, are we maybe we're living in the first reality before it's been invented? Okay, does that? Does that make any sense?
Speaker 1: But would that mean this ship gets me so freaked out? It's fun because then it's like, would that mean that so it becomes the thing in the future? Ye? Could those people come back to see like would they visit us now?
Speaker 2: Would be like a vacation? Like is that right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Are they us in the future visiting us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that theory. I wonder if it's I if it does exist, I think it's past humanity like I don't, I don't think like we are there when it does that make Does that make any sense?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I think like we either evolve before it happens, or we we we're extinct before it happens. And I don't I'm not sure humanity should be trusted with time travel. No, you know, like you think of like all you know, how political it would get, and you know, and they film the wrong hands, like you know, you'd races of people could could could you know, disappear and you know all that right? Or have they you know?
Speaker 1: I know I think about that all the time. Yeah, what if somebody messed something up? Yeah? I actually like it kind of freaks me out every time I think about it.
Speaker 2: If you could go back in time and change one thing? What would it be if you were thought of me?
Speaker 1: But that's one of those things where it's like you can't answer that correctly, Yeah, because people go, then what about this thing? Why wouldn't you say that? Yeah? Yeah, so I don't know. I don't. I don't feel like I am comfortable answering that question because I will never be able to say it right. Yeah, what would you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm I mean the twenty sixteen election comes to mind, but I honestly I'd go back and just like kill the first mosquito. I like we don't need them. They do nothing for us. They love me more than ghosts do.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, I go ooh extra juicy.
Speaker 2: They are like oh Nola bean. Yeah yeah, I'm actually reading this book right now called The Mosquito and it's fascinating about how just how like mosquitoes are like the number one killer of the number one predator of human beings. Is it a nonfiction it's a nonfiction book. Yeah, really yeah, yeah. Mosquitoes they and and they like you think of all the diseases they've spread and like and like we have the technology to wipe them out. But it's like a controversial, uh issue, because you know Noah's arc like that's really the only reason.
Speaker 1: There are mosquitoes and Noah's are well, there must have been. I guess there must have ben So how do you do the role call and make sure that the mosquitoes are there? I know, right, there's sorry, that's another time. Okay, what about sleep paralysis you were saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I have major sleep prolysis, and it's it's terrifying absolutely, Like, like there are many times when like I will like half my brain will wake up, but the rest of me won't wake up. So I'm just paralyzed, and I'm just like and like and you know, you know, usually like when you're asleep, you breathe less. Ye, so like it just feels like you're suffocating because you're not getting the air that that you need when you're conscious. And there's so many there's so many times because you can control your breathing a little bit when you're under sleep prolysis, when I will like try to breathe as hard and as loudly as I can, hoping that that my boyfriend will will wake up and help me wake up the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: But I hate it.
Speaker 2: It is it is is awful. I hate sleep prouses.
Speaker 1: But have you seen like do you believe that it could be paranormal? It could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say, like every time that I have woken up and seen something like at the foot of my bed, it uh, it has has not been the paralyzed version that I also have experienced, So I mean both could be different types of paranormal stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. God, I still have not had sleep prelesses.
Speaker 2: You're so lucky. It is awful. I've had it. I actually I haven't had it in a while. But usually it happens, like if I'm like stressed out about something, it'll happen. But it is. It is terrifying when the question is always how do you sleep?
Speaker 1: So on your back?
Speaker 2: I do, Yeah, I sleep on my back usually. Usually that's just that's it. I know, I know, that's that's my first my first problem. I just wake up in a pool of drool.
Speaker 1: But no demon, I'm a.
Speaker 2: I'm an aging child star. So I try not to like sleep on my face, so you know, to create lines.
Speaker 1: Well, I used to be like, oh, just get bowtogs, but then I learned from getting botogs that you can't sleep on your face of your boatogs.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so oh good to know.
Speaker 1: Well, so I I I got boatogs and then I was told that after it was already in my face, did it like push it or well? No? I like, once I got the bowtox, They're like, all right, just make sure you sleep on your back, don't sleep on your face. And I was like, wait, this is how demons crawl on top of you at night. I'm not going to sleep on my back. So if I get anything done to my face, I then sleep on my back for a couple of nights on my couch and let it settle with a sleep mat just in case, because if something's going on, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious to me that you don't want to see it. I would think that you'd really want to see it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. You know, I did have an experience a couple of months ago during the middle of the night that was in my bedroom. That was a ghost, I believe, And it wasn't a sleep paralysis thing, I don't think, But I just don't the things that people describe to me that they see crawling on them or sitting on them or in the corner of their room when they have sleep Prolysses, you can get real scary. Whoever that is that appears to people, the old hag, the demon whatever, They have been waiting for the moment they can catch me on my back. Yeah, and it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, not today, Satan. Literally, we got to get you, like a massage bed to sleep in.
Speaker 1: That would be great.
Speaker 2: Is coming up and I know where to get you.
Speaker 1: Well, Chris, this has been lovely so as always the third installment. I can't wait to hear what other adventures, what other terrifying places you're gonna go for fun.
Speaker 2: Please report, but you'll be the first to know, I promise, and we.
Speaker 1: Need to go to one of these together.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you know what yah book coming out or is it out? Do? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do this October I have the the tenth anniversary of the first Land of Stories book is coming out, so I'll be out about promoting that.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't believe it's been ten years. Jeez, I know you, but then also it feels like fifty years at the same time. So I'm you know, I can and I can't.
Speaker 1: It's so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks for doing this. Thank you so much to Chris Colfer. Are you subscribed to the show. Please follow this show, tell your friends about it. Let's get it going for Halloween time, and please rate the show five stars. Hey, special thank you to Diane for sending me that ghost story. I would love to read your ghost story, so leave it in a five star review on Apple podcast or email me at ghosted by rozat gmail dot com. I am on Instagram at roz Hernandez TikTok and Twitter at it's Raz Hernandez. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Came back.
Speaker 1: Star bands offer a podcast a podcast network