Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel, Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome to move the sticks, DJ, Bucky, Rhett back with you boys.
Speaker 2: I'm in the hotel here in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: We've got Chargers staying here all week, so a lot of options here.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of options. I need to know.
Speaker 1: I know Bucky's going to be biased on this. I'm gonna go to Rhett A have you ever experienced Carolina barbecue?
Speaker 2: And b we're just that.
Speaker 1: We're just at Carolina Barbecue up with with KC Texas everywhere else.
Speaker 3: Carolina is the mustard barbecue, right Buck?
Speaker 2: Whoa vinegar? Wow? That's that's that's embarrassing, all right, you're just qualified from this.
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I love the vinegar barbecue, like, let's be that is my favorite.
Speaker 3: That is top of the list. So I wanted to make sure I had everything right.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been to Bridges, Buck, I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 5: I love the vinegar barbecue. The vinegar barbecue sauce is the best on earth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're in on that. You care to wager in on this? Oh man? Look man to me, I am biased.
Speaker 4: When you think about barbecue, I just think about vinegar. I think about a little cole slot. I think if you have like a little barbecue sandwich, a little white bread on. I mean, it's hard to beat that. I know other places fancy themselves as barbecue establishments.
Speaker 2: I know Texas has their thing, but it's all just the meat and the rubs.
Speaker 4: Kansas City has their own little thing, But man, I hard to top a little little eastern North Carolina barbecue.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm in I'm all in on it. By the way, can you get out to Charlotte practice for me? Can you give me a little Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got You've got that. You got them this week? Huh?
Speaker 3: I got I use Charlotte this week on Big Time.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna need I'm gonna need village. I'm gonna need mileage in per diem. But yeah, that's possible.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you had told me I had a couple of coaches, got the great Tim Brewster.
Speaker 3: Over there, and then you got a little drape Ly, got a little Drapely over there.
Speaker 2: Coach in the secondary, so we got pario connection.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need together, just trying to put together a good broadcast. That's all right, it's trying to do there. We've got the rookie recap from last week's draft. We've got a new rookie draft for this week that's gonna be coming up in a little bit. But I think we got to start with what we saw last night. And I'm not talking about the Patter's knocking off the Astros as we continue to hunt down the Dodgers. I'm talking about the Philadelphia Eagles. Yeah, well, we're making the playoffs. You don't want to see us, Buck in the playoffs. We already know that. But the the Eagles losing that game last night, everyboy's talking about the past, right, everybodys talking about fourth down.
Speaker 2: It seems to be the topic problem.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here going, this is what I find funny, and Buck, I'll get to you on this. I feel like, and I think it's Nick Saban and Bill Belichick are probably the impetus for this. But how many times have you heard over the last twenty years, Hey, what's the process? Focus on the process, not the results. We have the right process. The results. You don't always control the results, but you know we're going to focus on. And I'm like, it's always about the process until something doesn't work, even when the process could be right. And I'm like, Okay, that was a pretty That's as safe a throw as you can call in that situation. It's a perfect throw. It's a receiver, it's Saquon who's very reliable catching the ball.
Speaker 2: He just he didn't catch the ball.
Speaker 1: So I don't understand how we can be a process driven society until the results. We don't like the results, and now it's, you know, throw the process out. It's all about the results.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, it's a dowed winner, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It is one of those things. So you don't if you do, don't if you don't, if you.
Speaker 4: Kind of squad on it, you kick the field goal, you have some time to come back to where a touchdown. Then everyone is mad because you still lose by one. You have the perfect play drawing up where he can walk into the end zone. It's game over if he just catches the ball. And he just dropped it and it was a nice throw. I mean, I think all you had to do was see the Manning cast. Peyton Manning is going he's gonna have a conption.
Speaker 3: Just by the way, what was Matt Ryan talking about on there? Did you guys catch that?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it. I didn't see it. What did he say?
Speaker 5: So it was like there was you know, they were going in, uh, this was before the Saquon play, and they're going it's a three point game, right, Philly's up by three, and he's like, Matt Ryan chimes in with like, guys, you know in this situation, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, just to go get the field goal as quick as.
Speaker 5: Possible and then you know, we kicked the on side kick, and then try to set yourself up for that hail Mary.
Speaker 3: What I think.
Speaker 5: He thought essentially, as like I think he just didn't say it, but he was like, if Philly scores a touchdown, it becomes a nine point game. I didn't get it at the at first. I'm like, that's your You're way ahead of the game here, Bud.
Speaker 3: They just kick.
Speaker 5: They just kick a field goal, you know, and and Atlanta still got a shot. But anyway, I didn't have a problem with the play call. Like everyone like, if it's not there, he just sits on like Jalen just keeps it and the clock keeps moving.
Speaker 3: I had a problem with the way they played.
Speaker 2: Defense, just leaving the silent drive open.
Speaker 3: What was that all about.
Speaker 1: Well, they put the safeties in the parking lot, buck, that was part of it, to protect against the big, big play. In the process, they gave a bunch of big plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what's interesting. I started a tweet it, but and I deleted. I wouldn't want to be insensitive to a young player. But actually those both of those players were on Quinn and Mitchell and it was the entire So so the first thing, they're in cover two and they put a little cheese out there in the flat and he eats the cheese and they hit the corner right over the top. And then they get a little one on one coverage which hey man, that robbed Darnian Moodie ran. That was unbelievable. Route the burst in the double move and they get it. So they hit for two big plays on the boundary. But I don't even care about that. Like, that's one thing. When you have Darius Slay, a veteran, locked up on Drake London and the entire time he ignores Drake London to look in at the back and gets beat on the outcut. To me, that's inexcusable. Veteran player, like I understand, like you're cluing the quarterback, but he has to keep his eyes on his work and he gave up the touchdown. So there are a lot of people at fought for the way that it transpired at the end. We can talk about Barty, but defensively, they just didn't do their jobs when they really need to do jobs.
Speaker 2: I have to play pretty solid for most of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Look, Bijon coming into the league, we talked about how he was one of the more talented backs we'd seen in the last decade and kind of that gave us a very efestive running back in the first round conversation, you know, with him and him and Jamier Gibbs both going to the first round. And now we've seen Jamier Gibbs what he could do on the Lions run last year. If the Falcons are going to go somewhere, as much attention has been on Kirk, and Kirk was much better, you know, especially late in this game than we saw last week. If they're going anywhere, it's going to be what they did in this game, which is using this offense running it through Bijon Robinson rehtt Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I agre one hundred percent on that. And I mean, like you just you have him in. I understand he can't play the entire game, but like there's no situation that he is not fit for right, I mean that he is. You can't pigeonhole him into one. I mean he goes inside outside past pro Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: The funny thing was, I think Kirk still got sacked on that play, but it didn't didn't come from his guy. Yeah, and and so you know, I still think that I'd like to see a little bit more of the production on the perimeter from you know, from Drake and from I mean obviously he comes up big and in that big moment there. But uh yeah, I like the way that they're they're running this offense right now. And I think, you know, I thought it was interesting the way that the quarterbacks, you know, when Matt and the Lanning's were on there talking about the comfortability that a QB has with two minutes right, the comfortability for a new quarterback and a new system with a in two minute right, And that's how it's it brings out the best in you because it, you know, in a way, simplifies things a little bit, and it's plays you've been working on since.
Speaker 3: You know what, May, June, whatever. And you could see that.
Speaker 5: I mean like there was no there was no two minutes of that game that Kirk Cousins was more comfortable than in that final two minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Buck.
Speaker 1: When you look at what New Orleans has done, let's look at it from Atlanta's side of things, the way New Orleans has come out the gate here.
Speaker 2: I've seen how bad Carolina is. We talked about that the other day. But when you look at the Falcons and where they're situated right now, I mean, are they I mean, is it legit?
Speaker 1: Going back to what we said in the summer where man, we were talking about them is maybe the favorites to win this division. And it was so bad week one that everybody punted on them after one week and now all of a sudden, you go on the road to be Philly and it's like, Okay, well, I know New Orleans is rolling right now, but man, Atlanta's got a shot at that thing.
Speaker 2: They absolutely have a shot.
Speaker 4: And the reason why they have a shot is because anyone who knows that division understand the ribvalry between the dirty Birds and the Saints. I mean, it is about as good as it gets when it comes to the robbery. It's up there with the Ravens and the Steelers. It's nasty as content. Just uh yeah, So I don't think you can dismiss the Falcon's chances.
Speaker 2: I will say, though.
Speaker 1: Obviously Tampa is obviously Tampa. I needed to mention Tampa. I don't want to. I want to forget about Tampa. Start two for the Thurst Right season too, and a look, maybe it's four straight seasons, but anyway, I think you have to keep.
Speaker 4: Atlanta in the conversation because it is a bit of a round robin when you throw Tampa Atlanta, New Orleans, how they kind of tend to knock off each other. I just think New Orleans has been so impressive that it's kind of taking us all aback, because I don't think any of us saw that. Even the most optimistic Saints fan certainly couldn't think that this team was going to light up the school board like they've lit it up since Clint Kubiak has taken over.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think this division is going to be a fascinating one that will probably run deep into the season to see who ends up on the right side of that thing. But again, yeah, Tampa, let's not forget about the job that they're doing there as well.
Speaker 2: Real quick.
Speaker 1: On the Philly side of things, I mean, they've had so many different defensive play callers, you know, off or defenses that they've tried to run with different guys coordinating this defense over the last handful of years. I think it's one of the more underrated aspects of success in the NFL is because there's so much change that continuity is such a huge advantage. But this looks like a defense right now that's under Vic Fangio. That's just they're trying to figure it out, find their way a little bit. I just don't It doesn't look comfortable out there now.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look comfortable.
Speaker 4: And you know, DJ is funny because like everybody loves holding out your players in the preseason until you see what it looks like the first part of the season, because now your preseason becomes part of the regular season as you're trying to figure out the combination and what works what doesn't work with the personnel, they have to go through the growing pains, and you talked about the process. This is the process the first four games of the season for the Eagles and for some of the other teams that held out there.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's the preseason.
Speaker 4: It's trying to experiment and evolve and adapt to what you have and then you hope that you're not so far behind that you're able to kind of hit your stride and then make up any ground that you may have lost because it took you like a month of the regular season to figure out who you really were.
Speaker 5: You know, and I do go back to I think Derek carr, if I recall correctly played a pretty decent amount of snaps in the preseason comparatively speaking, and you know, with a new play caller with a new system, you wonder, you know, how much of that has an effect. Obviously they're not running a ton of stuff out there in the preseason, but you know, I mean, it's the stuff we talk about, guys on that side of things, And you know, I think they obviously have it in Philly, but I think you know, when you compare it, there is such a comfortability for Derek. They don't have the play makers that Philly does. And still I mean Rashid Jhahat's becoming one. Right and then protection you mentioned it on the Monday Pod, Talisi Fuaga has been fantastic helping solidify that Saints offensive line. So like Carr finally feels like he has the three peas and I think we're starting to see the fruits of that labor there.
Speaker 2: And he's a pretty good dude, no question.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll flip over to the rookie discussion. We'll have our rookie draft. We'll look at who won last week. Spoiler Bucky Man. I think Bunky just got up and I think I think what happens sometimes is it doesn't start out your way and it's like a fight or flight.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Bucky came out swinging. We'll get to the results to that and and have our next draft right after this. All right, Buck Man, that's a heck of a heck of a performance from you last week. I like to see it. I like to see you rebound like that. You you did not win.
Speaker 2: Htt.
Speaker 1: Bucky had seven points, I had three, Rihtt had two. Bucky hit home runs with Jaden Daniels at the quarterback playing the first winning that battle, and then Marvin Harrison Junior with a huge founce back week and then and then it looked the Homer pick with Brian Thomas Junior even got him a point behind Bowers there that you had in the third round there, Rhet, So interesting how we're scoring this a little. I think there's a couple of different ways you could go where maybe that shicks out attle differently. It looks like we're scoring it by round because if we were to go I mean, I don't want to I don't want to nitpick, but like if sounds like a nitpicky, but I'm just looking at like, so I had neighbors who had twenty eight points, which is a great performance, but I only get to you know, I get the second place now there behind Harrison. Rhett has Worthy with four point two, but then Rhet gets credit for Bowers Uh with eighteen point eight as his you know pick there and Mconkie has four point six. But if I put Bowers ahead of Worthy because technically he was Rhet's second highest scoring skill guy Uh, and then Worthy goes down there to the bottom, I get Maconkie over worthy.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, Look, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: That it's it's contrived or trying to make Reht more competitive than he should be, but it's.
Speaker 5: Little well, I mean, like we didn't really go over those rules.
Speaker 3: Now that we've kind of made this a flex.
Speaker 2: The running back.
Speaker 1: The running back thing has really put this thing in a tough spot right now, we be honest, But the order for this week, let's see how do we have this year.
Speaker 2: We've got Rhtt myself and then Bucky today. So Rhett, see if you can see if you can do a little better than you did last week. Here, what do you got?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm going, I'm going Jane Daniels the first pick.
Speaker 3: I mean it's there's just no other way around it here.
Speaker 5: If I want to get myself three points, an easy three, that seems like that's the best way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not great options with the other two quarterbacks right now because Caleb has not played well.
Speaker 2: O Nix has not played well. I don't love you negative points for oh Man. Well, Jane Daniels took him a lot of sacks.
Speaker 1: You're right, so I can I think I gotta go Skill guy, I'm gonna you know what, I'm gonna go back to neighbors. I'm gonna go neighbors with my next pick. Go ahead, Buck, you get you got to You're double it up here.
Speaker 2: I'm too, will.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was so nice that I have to go again. So let's go Marvin Harrison Junior. Then let's go brought hours right behind him.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm I'm up here. So I don't need to go quarterback because Ret's already gone with the quarterback, so I can go.
Speaker 2: With the skilled guy. Let's see here. I think I might go. I think I might go with Bucky's guy here. I think I'm gonna go betj and go go back to that.
Speaker 5: Well, hm, this is not not great for me here, guys, It's not It's it's really not right now, Okay. Key and Coleman had a big fat zero last week for the Bills. I mean, I think the one thing I have to do here is go Lad Maconkey. I just I think that that's going to come back. So I'm going to go Lad. Gollye you took Bowers from me.
Speaker 3: I think I might go. I think I'm gonna go Jermaine Burton here guys with Cincinnati Bank.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, well, you know we haven't picked yet. We haven't picked Adam Ni Mitchell yet.
Speaker 1: Ad Night Mitchell is interesting that he has eleven targets and two catches, So he's got the third most targets in these rookie receivers and has two catches.
Speaker 2: Like that has to change at some point in time, right, I'll have somebody else developed that before. I like to Milik Neighbors.
Speaker 1: Milik Neighbors has been targeted twenty five times. Second on the list of rookie guys of rookie pass catchers, Bowers has been targeted sixteen times, and then you have McConkie, ad Night Mitchell, Marvin Harrison, all with eleven targets, and then Brian Thomas right below them. So if you're looking for kind of the names the pool of players that were picking from those are where its right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you'll just put in the chat that Braylen Allen played, well he did score a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know like that, But.
Speaker 5: Like, I can you count on that every week with with Breze Hall.
Speaker 2: In the mix.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if you can.
Speaker 2: Let me give you the rushing let me give you the rookie rushing numbers, like the most attempts. Let's see rookie rushing attempts. Well.
Speaker 1: Jayden Daniels obviously is at the top with twenty five. Bucky Irvings got sixteen carries, Trey Benson's for the Cardinals has fourteen. Ray Davis from the Bills is a player we all liked. He's got twelve. Caleb's got ten. So then you start going down there, Brayley Alad's got eight carries. I mean, like, I don't know if you can if you can go there.
Speaker 2: Not just my opinion.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, getting said we're doing point per reception, right, so I mean like technically he's you know, he's catching some balls too, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you're doubling up here, you gotta double up.
Speaker 3: I doubled up, Yeah, I did. Ladd In Jermaine.
Speaker 1: Burton, Laddin Burdon. Okay, Well, I mean I'm gonna take Caleb. Yeah, take Caleb for a little bounce back. They've had two tough too tough games man, So hopefully that opens up a little bit for gotta play better up front. You gotta play a little bit, gotta play a little bit better up front, all right, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it is bow knicks. So I'm hoping that the supporting cast can carry bow Knicks. But bow Nicks at some point we got to break.
Speaker 2: Him out of the glass. So I'm hoping that this is a week Sean Payton can break him out.
Speaker 3: On the road against that Tampa defense.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Hey man, you.
Speaker 4: Never know, never know.
Speaker 1: By the way, you guys want some other rookie numbers while I go, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh total pressures. Let's go to the pass rushers.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jared Versus got nine to lead all rookies with the Rams. Byron Murphy with the Seahawks seven, he's been really good. How about Marshawn Kneelan. Marshaw Kneelan was six for the Cowboys. Yeah, well how about Western Michigan on here, because then you got fisk uh with the transferred from uh transfer from there, so yeah, you've got that was a heck of a d line. Dallas Turner has has three, so those are kind of the top guys right there. If we go for uh, yeah, there's only this shows you how hard it is to rush the quarterback as a as a rookie.
Speaker 2: Here we have Jared Versus has leads. There's three guys with a sack. That's it. It's Verse, Dallas, Turner and John Ellis. Is that right? Hold on, let me make sure that I've got that right. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Uh so he's got let's see Lot too. You want to see Lat two's numbers. A Lot two does not have a sack. I can give you pressures. Let's see a lot too. Right here he has he's one hurry and one pressure. So all right, he's got a decently high win percentage. So he's got a seventeen point nine percent win percentage, but its pressure percentage is three point eight, which is not great.
Speaker 2: So anyways, all.
Speaker 1: Right, the pressure numbers right now are kind of skewed because you've got to put the number of rushes on there. So yeah, Jared Versus is scored very well in all these statistics, so I would say early on, yeah, he's the one who's who's stood out the most. All right, this is a quick one today. Voice anything else you guys want to add before we jump out of here.
Speaker 4: Just looking, let me see if I can get another win next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, buck came out I mean, I don't know, did you guys have a player's only meeting?
Speaker 2: But last week? What do we do here? How did we get this thing further round? Like that? It's early, you know, we got to win that.
Speaker 4: The magic number is down to eight maybe for the Dodgers, and so maybe we're like, hey, let's go ahead and wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Who lets you wrap us up? Man?
Speaker 1: I hope the Dodgers get a buy because they've proven proven over the last couple of years. If they get a buy, everything's fine. It just works out great for them. So I'm really hoping for that. Rhet loves baseball talk, so it's.
Speaker 3: Just turning into a baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: Now. This is where he exits the Cardinals playoffs. They're terrible. No, not this year. It's been a minute.
Speaker 1: Okay, in a minute, all right, that's gonna do it for say one boy, anymore baseball talk. We'll be back tomorrow with with more football coming your way.