Speaker 1: To on the move, Golin Deep Speedways, Peas do he pasd From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 3: He's got my hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: What is up golf fans and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, we have a new player, a rookie, a first round draft pick for the first time since twenty twenty one. The last guy we took in this spot was also an edge rusher and Jalen Phillips. We now have Chop Robinson from Penn State at twenty first pick in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. Will break down his game. We'll go ahead and take a look at how he might fit in this defense. We'll hear from Mike McDaniel and Chris Greer. Go ahead and do my evaluation on Chop Robinson. Take a look at how the bard laid out for the first round for Miami and some Day two options. All of that and more from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: The Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 5: That's another Miami's office.
Speaker 4: Might be asking yourself, Travis, is his name actually Chop? Well, that was not his given name. It was Damian Chop Robinson. The reason he was named Chop was because he was fourteen pounds when he was born, earned the nickname pork Chop and that was later shortened to Chop when he started to slim down in middle school. Per Dane Briggler's The Athletics, So this is a pass rusher out of Penn State who gets after quarterbacks, gets in the backfield, and there's a bunch of data the back set up for Chop Robinson. Let's go ahead and first take a look at that data. With a twenty point eight percent pass rush win rate last season, he was top ten in all of college football. It reminds me of a press conference with Chris Career back in twenty twenty two when a question was posed to him, what do you think about Bradley Chubb's impact since being acquired at the trade deadline and in the fact that he only has a couple of sacks right now, And Chris Greer essentially told us, well, the analytics that we operate by tell us that Bradley Chubb has been an effective pass rusher, and I will argue until I'm blue in the face that getting after quarterbacks and disrupting the timing of the passing game, changing their launch point, changing how they see the field is the most important thing age rusher or anyone the pressures the quarterback can do. And I always bring this up to that I believe that Jason Taylor's best game as a Dolphin was a game they only had one sack in back in two thousand and two against the Denver Broncos because he was in Brian Greasie's face all night, forced to pick off of a big hit he on the quarterback, and was just present in the backfield all night long. I think it's very important for a pass rusher to just be in the backfield, change the quarterbacks the trajectory of where their drop is, and just basically make them feel your presence the entire game. That's been number one thing when I look at players at that position, and you go back to the data here from Pro Football Focus and the pressure numbers, the pass rush win rate, as we referenced earlier, I mean twenty six pressures last year, forty eight pressures the year before, consistently on quarterbacks and harassing them. And that's what a pretty limited rush count to one forty eight last season two sixty seven, two years ago. So every fifth rush he's putting a pressure on the quarterback and disrupting those guys that way. The stop numbers are not gotty. We'll talk about that in the run defense here in just a second.
Speaker 2: But I look at his.
Speaker 4: Tape and I see you guys are not gonna want to hear the comparison. But the burst out of the stance and Chris Greer references in this press conference, it's Cam Wake level explosive. I know you guys remember him in the nine technique, that wide rush position. All four fingers are all four points in the dirt and a four point stance and just getting past the right tackle on sheer speed alone, that's CHOP's get off man. I put down his numbers here six zero two seven, So I'm a little under six three sixty two or three quarters two hundred and fifty five pounds of four to four to eight forty at that position is absurd. A one five three ten split. You know we love the ten split category on this podcast. Do you guys know what Cam Wakes ten split was it was one point six 's eight, that's all. That's what was that one and a half tenths of a second difference. That's an eternity in this league. And cam Wake had one of the best get offs in the history of the National football Like. So if he can harness that and turn it into not just a track speed and put it onto a football field and a football tape, then you're in pretty good hands there. And if you go back to watch mc penn State, that's what he did. Ten foot eight broad jump is also crazy long. It's a crazy long broad jump and a four to two five short shut all of time there. I think that he has that initial Camwake level burst and sustains that burst throughout the rush. And I thought there was a couple of times in his tape where he would lose balance or just kind of not be able to absorb the contact around the edge. If you want to go see a tape where he I thought grew and got better from twenty twenty two against Ohio State and Dewan Jones, the fourth round pick of the Browns last year. Jones is one of the biggest tackles to ever be drafted and Robinson had an issue getting around that corner on him, but as you watched his time went along in the Big ten and all the big tackles he faced, not just that year, but obviously twenty twenty three as well. He kind of learned from that tape and got better and better at it. I think ultimately, when you look at him as a prospect right now, and we'll hear from Chris Career on this, that it's not a finished product in terms of getting all of those bells and whistles kind of fine tuned and getting that lightning in a bottle that he offers and refining it into this total pass rush package.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's super, super.
Speaker 4: Light on his feet, he has the lateral quickness to cross face this defense that I think we're gonna run.
Speaker 2: We'll find out what it actually looks like.
Speaker 4: But from what the Baltimore Ties are and Weavers passed in Houston, you assume you're gonna get, you know, assuming it's never a good idea in this league, but you assume you're gonna get a simulated pressure, you know, different blitz looks type of defense where you try to kind of confuse the offensive line and the protection with those blitz looks, and that creates these one on one situations, and you're gonna have guys that slant across the face and run games and guys that you know, drop into coverage when they are different, you know different like Phillips and Chubb can drop into coverage.
Speaker 2: Chop I think can do that as well.
Speaker 4: So there's the ability to run different looks with him. I think he can can condense inside and win with quickness, which another guy that can be a good option to run the wheel around Zach Sealer on those stunts and kind of loop him back into the A and B gap. He'd forced his blockers into very early declarations and that can expose those guys with really good push pull leverage and the way he plays those crossover steps. So interesting tape, interesting upside here. I'm excited to dig into the tape a little bit more and get you guys some more takes on what I saw from him. I did watch a good bit of his games, but I want to go back and watch even more of his games, not just from last year, but from twenty twenty two as well.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and.
Speaker 4: Go here to Chris Greer, who gave us two answers about two of the things, or why Chop Robinson. He'll talk about the traits, and they'll tell us about the traits that he liked in Chop Robinson. Here from his Friday evening or Saturday morning press conference following the selection of Chop Robinson out of Penn State with twenty first pick in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: He was a player that we kind of identified early that we liked in some time with him through the whole process and watching, working with the coaches and the scouts, and he was someone that we felt could impact our team and had a lot of traits we liked. But as the person and the player, well, at one part, he plays hard, you know, he plays his ass off, and that's what we like. And then obviously the athletic traits and what he has is you see the first step, quickness, the explosion, his ability to bend and do stuff. So I think, you know, he's done a lot of good things in college, and we think with our coaching staff and what we're doing in his work ethic and how it is that we think he can even take it another level. So we're very excited to ad him.
Speaker 4: Fun little bit of information that I don't think anybody out there got besides me, Seth and OJ on the radio show Live from the Draft party at Pure five, which, by the way, getting to Biscayne a bit of a pain in the ass, but once you're down there, yeah, I can see the draw to Bis Game Boulevard and how beautiful that is out there. But on the radio show, we had OJ got in touch with a Penn State coach because as you know, OJ went to Penn State and he has many connections back there, and he got on the air with I gotta find the coach's name here real quick, Terry Smith, who came on and did a whole segment and talked about Chop Robinson's love for the game and the affinity he has for football and how to get better. And you guys saw I'm sure that the draft call of Chop Robinson, We're going to Miami. He's fired up. Man, You're gonna have that want to and that love of the game, which we heard Jalen Phillips as well on the panel at the draft party. He was telling me and Seth and OJ like, we went to OTA's this last couple of weeks and we were kind of wondering how the new guys, all these changes on defense, how it might fit in, and how the program would kind of change and adapt. And he said that it all kind of has come together seamlessly in a way that he feels like the team already has that bond in camaraderie building. And I was like, is anybody even not there right now at OTA's And JP's like, I don't, I don't know. I don't think there is anybody. There might be, but for the most part, everyone's here and they're developing that bond and that continuity and that camaraderie. And that's a big part of this roster building process for the Dolphins. Man, you have to have your vision and your identity and what you want to be in place, and if it's love of the game and want to and love for your teammates, gosh, they got it with this guy. It's been a focal point in the past. I think it has developed a great group of guys in a great locker room. And that's what I'm getting here from Chop Robinson, and I think that he's gonna come back with some of that stuff there as well. Some more PFF data here for you. So I had the eighty seven pressures over the last three seasons, one year at Maryland, two at Penn State on just four hundred and ninety seven pass rush snaps. So again, about one of every five pass rush snaps. He's in the backfield getting after quarterbacks and making life hell on them. He had excuse me, he had one mistackle last year in the entire season. That's a pretty good number for a defensive end. Forced couple of fumbles, and was in coverage on four targets and actually forced two of those incomplete. So he does a little bit of everything. Had a sixty four point six passer rating against, which is a hilarious number for him. Has only four penalties in his career. You'd love to see that number as well. So some good data there on Chop Robinson. Going over to Dane Brugler's The Beast, the massive thing that he puts out every year taking a look at all these prospects. So I mentioned some of the measurements of this guy. The one five to three tenth split kind of blows my mind. But he talks about Chop with the exceptional quickness and get off with the snap upfield burst and you love the way he sustains that burst. I guess that was in my notes as well, where he can the second, third, and fourth stride. There's not like a break, It doesn't slow down, It just kind of continues and accelerates, and it allows him to dip that shoulder and corner and flatt into the quarterback. And I guess I got a lot of notes here from Dane that we saw the same thing because he talks about being nimble footed and displays the lateral quickness to cross face and get across those guys without much without much regard there the weaknesses that he displayed here. He just talked about stuff that you get from a college prospect going into the pro saying that the lean muscle by type didn't really allow for him to absorb a lot of power in his frame, and at two point fifty five, like I guess you can add to that, that's a pretty solid base to work with. But just kind of having more reps and going up against more NFL pass or rather pass blockers and run block I think can help him kind of work to hold the point and get better at having the hands inside to fight off the you know, the hand fight from the offensive line where they can kind of get inside and control you in that position. But I mean, really a Penn states so deep in that position that he only averaged about thirty snaps per game on defense last year. But I think that his ability to just kind of grow and continue to play his best football lots of tread on the tires there. That's the thinking behind this pick. Is a guy that really has tons of upside. And also I want to go ahead and play a sound by here for you guys on Chop. When Chris Greer was asked about you know, you heard him talk about the person there in Chop Robinson. Really tragic background for Chop Robinson. Which why does this seem like all these guys that get drafted have like multiple major catastrophic events in their lifetime, Like goodness, can we can we just get some of these guys through their life without having so much trauma?
Speaker 2: But Chopp lost.
Speaker 4: Two siblings as in his youth, two of his siblings passed away when he was a freshman in high school.
Speaker 2: His older brother, Arthur A.
Speaker 4: Rod Johnson passed away and that was the second because his sister passed away when he was in the first grade. That guy's inn a tremendous amount of adversity to put on a young man. Let's go ahead and hear from Chris Career on the person Chop Robinson.
Speaker 6: Getting to know him and just who he is as a person, just talking to some of the things he's been through in his life and seeing how he's come out and just listen to people just talk about his character and in terms of how he just loves football and the passion and how he plays and his work ethic and his drive. He's you know, his whole focus is football. He loves football. He wants to be great. And I think you guys saw his clip of when we talked to him on the phone. He was so excited. You know, he's ready to come play right now. And so just when you meet kids like that, and it's genuine and you understand that they truly love football and they want to be great and they know that it doesn't come easy and have to work, and so that gives him a chance to be the player that everyone he is. So again, we're very excited.
Speaker 4: I keep going back to that pass rush win rate statistics. How about this one for you guys. Forty two point seven percent of Robinson's tackles the past two years came in the backfield, so if he gets a player to the ground, it's pretty much going to be a tackle for loss or a SEC. And that idea the acceleration zero to sixteen ah blink Man creating that instant suddenness and just again shooting gaps forcing guys into quick commitments. It's a very nice combination to be able to put together and force offensive linemen into those decisions to finish off. Brugalus notes here Robinson needs to continue developing the prove he's not a one trick pony, but his first step, explosiveness and aggressive hands give him the potential to be the most dynamic pass rusher in this class. He is ideally suited as a wide nine defender who can be schemed across the front.
Speaker 2: Go figure.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that versatility, let's go ahead and hear from Chris Career once more on some of the things that attracted the Dolphins to Chop Robinson.
Speaker 3: I e.
Speaker 2: The versatility.
Speaker 6: I think it's some of the versatility we like, you know, I mean, you see it and you watch them. He rushes kind of all over inside over the center he's two point three point and so that versatility is what you know, drew us to him initially.
Speaker 4: I'll want to touch on that in a second, but real quick, go back to some audio that I wanted to play for you guys earlier in the show, and just bring it up right here. I mentioned the production versus the upside. Here's Chris Greer talking about the lack of sack production, but more about the analytics and the past rush win rate that I keep on harping about.
Speaker 2: Here's Chris Greer.
Speaker 6: Since you guys have known me over the years, we've talked about the stats and sacks part, and for us it's an important part. But we've always talked about the ability to disrupt the passer and his disruption stuff numbers are all very high, you know. So he's for us working through the analytics watching him and what he does and contributes sacks, you know, people always want to do it. The think guy that comes to mind for me would be the Neil Hunter. Had four career sacks coming out of college and he's been a really good player in this league. Not putting that pressure on him to be the Neil Hunter. But there's not just him there's other players throughout the league if you go look at what their college numbers are compared to how they've had success in the pros. And we think a lot of his traits and the things you see on film translate, so you know he has things he has to work on. He knows that, and again, the exciting part is the kid and who he is and his work ethic and how much he loves ball and his toughness. So we're excited to work with him and we think he has a chance to be really good player.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and put a little pin in that and come back on the other side of the podcast here and talk about Chop Robinson's fit in the defense where he might excel and your number one long term prognoses.
Speaker 2: All that fun stuff and more.
Speaker 4: Next in the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Back here for another segment on new Dolphins edge outside linebacker Chop Robinson, the twenty first pick on the twenty twenty four NFL Draft out of Penn State, and just finishing up my notes on my Dolphins fit portion of the Chop Robinson segment of my Draft Guy that I put together for the draft party and these podcasts. Really in ernest post draft I wrote this, I said, I think he's a good bet to be a very good situational pass rusher as a rookie. I think that there's some rawness in terms of the run defense and ability to kind of hold the point off the edge right away against the run, though I do see a future for him in that regard. But I also wrote that I could see a scenario where he, Phillips, and Chubb became the most feared three sum of rushers in the NFL by as early as Thanksgiving. I put a first round great on shop Robinson and think that's very true that while Shack Barrett's good to go right away from the jump and with a clean bill of health, hopefully we get good news there on JP and Bradley Chubb, and as you kind of work all those guys back in and get chopped more and more reps in the season. I think the idea is where last year you went to a playoff game with really, you know, three street free agents that passed rusher to this year hopefully hopefully get to that point, hopefully you have all four of those guys, and it's a different ballgame that are chasing Josh Allen and the speed that he offers right the ability to go, you know, four across the front and you know McDaniel and green where asked this in the press conference and they're not going to tell you the answer to this. But the idea of your NASCAR package, which you know what we've seen it in the past feature Wilkins, Chubb and Van Ginkel and Phillips. Why did I blink on JP's game there, I don't know, but just getting basically your best pass which was in the field, like you could do that technically speaking now with four or your edge guys because that might be four of your best pass rushers to ensure you have pass rush without the need to have to blitz, but also the ability to flag down a quarterback like Josh Allen. I'm tired of watching that guy run around in the backfield and make plays. A guy like this can go hunt those quarterbacks and get him to the turf opposed to all those scramble plays and the big explosives that come out of that, both the passing game and when the quarterback run game. So I like that idea and the fit of him in that regard, I think your ability to create situations where he can get one on ones because of well the players he has around him is very beneficial. But also how I think the system might look and operate with simulated pressures and trying to create situations where the quarterback doesn't know necessarily where the pressure is coming from. All of a sudden, that creates an isolation and a misslide by the offensive line. And now you've got Choppe on one with a heavy footed guard or a lumbering tackle, someone that can't move as well as he can, and now he can go feast in that matchup because you created matchups for him based upon your personnel and the fit in the defense. So it's look, guys, it's a very very high upside pick. I think that of all the guys in this class, he stands to be the one that could be the best of all the edge guys. I think there's guys that probably that went ahead of them were a little bit more polished. But you don't go on the first round in this league if the NFL does not believe in that high upside. I think that's kind of what we're looking out here with Chop Robinson, and to Chris Greer's point in the press conference, he's had the teams offered to come up and come up and trade up with the Miami Dolphins, and the offers were not enticing enough to make that happen. So the Dolphins stick and picked to get one of the players they were most intrigued by in this entire draft process. Let's go ahead and pause it right there and here a little bit more on the input of Anthony Weaver talking about the fit in the defense of Chop Robinson and the input that he gave Chris Career and Mike McDaniel. But also, I didn't ask about this, this is my question. An unnamed coach came up and new outside linebackers coach Ryan Crow.
Speaker 2: Here's Chris Greer.
Speaker 4: And Mike McDaniel on the involvement of Anthony Weaver, but not just him, the entire staff on the selection of Chop Robinson.
Speaker 6: It's been very collaborative, and that's, you know, as you've always heard us talk about it. That's it's important because it's you can't just have whether it's just scouts or just coaches saying this is our guys. It's working together, working through it whether you see players the same or differently. And for us, the collaboration working through it with it, not just Weaver, but you know Ryan Crow outside linebacker coach was fantastic and the whole defensive staff and as well as scout. So we meet as individually, we meet his groups and so we spent a lot of time working through it. It's an important pick for us, and so it was cool working with even the guys and the new guys here and seeing the work ethic. And we were presented a back the other day on chop which was a fantastic that Crow put together for us. So no, it was it was very collaborative, and it was exciting and really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Really wanted to fall up and say what was in that packet, but didn't get a chance to do that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I digress a couple more things here.
Speaker 4: So what we talked a little bit about Chubb and Phillips coming back off the injury and being part of this team and they're best friends.
Speaker 2: What time is it two fifteen?
Speaker 4: And you know, spent a lot of time with Jelean Phillips tonight on the panel with him doing radio and the panel at the draft party, and he talked to us about all kinds of good stuff and we One of the things I said to him was one of the questions of the panel was, Travis, how do you see like this board kind of favoring Miami in terms of positions you think they could go with and how the board might play out. And I was like, I like the tackles, I like the wide receivers. And I didn't really get to my third position group that I liked because I was next to Jilen Phillips, who was a pass rusher like edge defender, and they came back around me. I was like, well, to be honest, JP, I kind of liked the edge class a lot too. Is a few guys I like in that spot, and Chop is one of those guys. And JP's like, listen, man, like the more the mary, the more guys we can get, the better we can you know, get after quarterbacks. And you just kind of get the sense that there is an embracing mindset there among those guys in that room to bring in a player like Chopp, who's going to be hungry, who's gonna, you know, want to you know, battle his butt off to get reps and to earn his worth among his teammates. And that's the kind of guy that I think both Chubb and Phillips and Shack Bart. You guys met Shaq in a podcast like my goodness, what a what a great soul that man is, and just a great person in general. I think that that's a perfect fit for him to come in and get all that veteran experience, get some arms put around him, and Ryan Crow as well, who apparently is very well thought out in the building already from jump here, so I think it's a good fit there. Let's go ahead and hear Chris Career, who was asked about the idea of Chubb and Phillips being possibly down to start the year and how important it was to go get a player at that position.
Speaker 6: Now, I mean, obviously you always look at your roster for what it is, but for us, it was, like we've talked about, it's just adding the best players after that point. So for us, he was rated as one of the top players in this draft for us, so adding to him, especially rushing the passer in this league with all the quarterbacks, the great quarterbacks, and the skill I mean, the ability to rush with four and not have to blitz every down and stuff. You know, that creates an advantage for the defense. So for us, he was a player that we had high in high regard, with high grades, and so for us that at him, we were again very excited to have them.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and close up this segment with three soundbites here from your new edge rusher, your new outside lineberg I got started calling him outside linebacker, Chop Robinson. The first one here, he was asked about it point blank on his press conference about the sack production and why do you think it was not where your pass rush production was in terms of disrupting the quarterback. Here's Chop on why the sack production was not super high for him at Penn State.
Speaker 5: For me, it was just being inconsistent with my hands. No, I know I had this speed in the bind, but sometimes I forget to use my hands. But that's something I've been working on this whole all season. And I feel very confident because I've been working on this so much repeatedly, and I know it's going to be natural when it comes to time to put my hand in use.
Speaker 4: You can tell by these three angels, I'm going to play for you guys. He has the right mindset. Next one here, he was asked about the city of Miami and how excited you are to join the Dolphins once again, Here's Chop.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know a lot of guys know on the team in Miami. Of course, everybody wants to win. Everybody's chasing greatness, and that's what I want to change. So I feel like it's a it's a great fit for me. I know it's beautiful weather in Miami. I don't know much about the city because I've never never been that way, but I know I have a great time there, just enjoying with my teammates and being part of the team.
Speaker 4: And finishing up here with the question you have to ask every prospect, what was this process like for you?
Speaker 2: All of the hard work.
Speaker 4: The entire journey at Cold Knight's here as you get drafted finally the first round, a dream come true. But as Chop will tell you, that ain't the end of the story.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it means everything you know. I've been I've been playing for both since five years old. Five years old, so sacrifice and everything not far the being who I am working out every day, being perticient with fancy to myself, and I did a lot of the sacrificers being away from my family, also losing my oldest brother and my oldest sire. My motivation to you know, stay focus and just keep blinding, so I never I never stopping him. I'm finally you know where I wanted to be.
Speaker 4: But let's go ahead and take our last break right there. Come back on the other side, we'll hear one more SoundBite from Chris Greer Mike McDaniel's press conference. Will go ahead and take a look at how the board played out on day one and what might come on day two.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 4: Next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Before we conclude the podcast, taking a look ahead at tomorrow or today, I guess Timmy uh Guess podcast coming out early Friday morning. I want to go ahead and play one last sound bye here from Chris. Were talking about the surprise of the first round, all those quarterbacks going early. Was it a surprise to you and did you have any offers to trade back? All kinds of stuff here from Chris Queer. Let's go ahead and roll that audio for us.
Speaker 6: It wasn't really surprised. The phone calls all at that point were really coming into us about people trying to move up to our spot. So it was it was relatively quietly at about four or five teams. We're trying to move into our spot. And as the board kept falling to us, which it thought, it was, like you said, it kind of fell to where we had it at that point, we decided to stay where we were because the offers weren't enticing enough for us to move.
Speaker 4: Always such a fascinating so you can see how the whole thing plays out and how teams call up and call down. I thought there was going to be a lot more trades in this first round. It just didn't really ever happen. I mean, the Jets moved back one spot with the Vikings, the Vikings get their quarterback, the Jags move back a few spots there with the Vikings again later in the draft, as the Vikings go up for both g Jim McCarthy and Dallas turn on the top edge of the third defender, the second edge the third defender taken on the entire night. We get another trade later on and Buffalo moves back twice in the first round as well. But the way this whole thing played out, I thought we're going to see a lot more activity at the top. The Chargers taking Joe Alton that spot over receiver was a surprise to me in terms of the need for Herbert to get more weapons, because right now the receiving corps there is it's just not looking great. I thought that maybe they would go receiver there. But then again, Jim Harbaugh on offensive line seems to make a lot of sense there too, So that was kind of a surprise, but not a surprise, if that makes sense. J C. Latham going next there off the offensive line makes a lot of sense. Michael Pennock's the big surprise of the night there. The Falcons just gave Kirk Cousins a three year contract fully guaranteed, so if Penics doesn't see the field over those three years, he wouldn't play until he's twenty seven years old. So I like the player, like the prospect. Very interesting to approach there. For the Falcons of the quarterback position, they're apparently tired of not having quarterback players. Now. They have a top eight pick in the draft and one of the top twelve or thirteen quarterbacks in the league there in Kirk Cousins a Doonese to the Bears there with Kayleb Williams. Love those that pairing there for Chicago. Finally some explosiveness, some exciting offense in Chicago and a team that's on primetime five times a year.
Speaker 2: You'd love to see that.
Speaker 4: McCarthy to the Vikings there mentioned Drake May going to the Patriots pick number three. He joins the AFC East now so excited to see how he develops there with the Patriots, and I hope it doesn't work out for him, but it's fun to watch in a fun story line for the division. Then you kind of get it run on the offensive tackles and I guess some of the defensive linemen there. That's why I kept talking about the draft part there with Mike Kunyo, who kept asking me what I think the board's gonna look like.
Speaker 2: A picked twenty one.
Speaker 4: I kept saying, well, a lot two is still there, if Wuaga is still there, Fatano's still there, Murphy Dallas Turner, like all these guys, I like verse, they're all still on the board. And then they won by one started getting picked off LA two fifteen Murphy sixteen, Turner seventeen, Mims eighteen, and when Mims went off the board, like, okay, we're gonna have a great shot at getting one of the guys that I love in this process. And the two guys that I had kind of pended as my top two, you know, guys in that position were Fatano and Verse, And sure enough they go nineteen and twenty to la and to Pittsburgh and then you get you know, all the cornerbacks are on the board for you. At that point, I thought that might be an enticing trade down spot there for Miami. But you heard Chris Brerier say there were some offers not enticing enough to move off that spot, especially when the player they coveted was there at twenty one in Chop Robins. So so then Quinny and Mitchell goes next, Brian Thomas goes off at twenty three. The next cornerback goes off, Jordan Morgan at twenty five to Green Bay. I did a radio hit on the way back to the facility from the draft party with Seth and oj I said, keeping on Morgan tomorrow from Arizona wrong he went twenty fifth. I also mentioned Xavier laguet wrong. He goes thirty seconds to the Carolina Panthers who came up with Buffalo, who traded back twice, and the Chiefs got the guy that a lot of folks are talking about on Twitter. And Xavier Worthy as he goes to Kansas City and a trade up with Buffalo. Interesting that the Buffalo would give Casey the guy they want. I mean, usually you don't trade with the division opponents or rivals that have been beating you. And they do that and they go get their guy. Now they have Hollywood Brown and Xavier Worthy, a fun, fun pairing. They're Tyler Guidon, Nate Wiggins, Ricky Piersow. Next they really get close at the night. So tomorrow it's gonna be Buffalo, New England to kick us off and a bunch of NFC teams and the Dolphins will pick fifty fifth and just taking a look at the big board here and what's available, Like these guys are going to fly off the board so fast, but like Cooper de Jeans still out there. I thought he was a first round pick. Jures On Newton, I thought he was a first round pick. Kool Aid mckinstrey as well. And then you get into the Laddin. McConkie's a bunch of receivers are going to go off the board or tomorrow. I feel like with McConkie, with Keon Coleman in there, excuse me, with Kai Corley in there, with Roman Wilson in there, it's just going to be a pretty good run on those guys. I think offensive lineman that you're looking at in this position. Look all the interior guys except Graham Barton. He goes off the board in the first round, but Jackson powers Johnson as an option there. Christian Haynes is a guy that I like out of Yukon, a whole heck of a lot on the offensive line that I think can plug and play right away for you at the guard spot. Zach Fraser from West Virginia, guy I like a heck of a lot, is still on the board out there. So plenty of options for the Dolphins with where they want to go here. If you want to go defensive tackle. Chris Jenkins a South I mentioned Giant Newton, A couple of the big the big DT's still on the board as we head into day number two. Yeah, so with Receiams I left off there, Jalen Polk and Jayleen McMillan bull from you Dub.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a loaded group guys to talk about.
Speaker 4: Jermaine Burton and Javon Baker from UCF and Alabama respectively. If you want to go safety, Jaden Hicks from Washington State should be on should be around there hopefully at that time. So definitely a good board to choose from tomorrow. I think you look at kind of how it stacks up. Receiver probably has the best chance to give you a couple of good players at the at pick at fifty five on the board, I think Intier, your offensive line is gonna offer that with JPJ, with Christian Haynes and Zach Fraser. A big fan of all three of those guys. Mike Sandmer still is a slot cornerback that I thought would go a lot earlier in the first round. He's still on the board out there, so plenty of options to improve your football team. Cooper, bb Dominic Puney, all kinds of guys on the offensive line and receiver.
Speaker 2: It continues to be the deepest groups in this entire class.
Speaker 4: I think that because of that, at pick fifty five, you should have a good pick of either of those two spots should you so desire, but also other spots too that we talked about here.
Speaker 2: So plenty to look forward to.
Speaker 4: Here on the podcast, we'll cover the second round pick tomorrow we'll see about getting chopping the podcast. Not sure if that will or will not happen, but I'll keep you guys informed whether or not that does or not. We'll have Mike and Chris again on Friday, and yeah, full wall to wall coverage here on the Draft Time podcast. In the meantime, it is one fifteen am on a Friday morning. I'm gonna go ahead and get out of here and get back home and get some sleep for Friday. You will please be sure to rate and review the podcast wherever you get your podcasts from. Go ahead and follow me on social at linkoln NFL. The team at Miami Flint. You've got the fish Tank Podcast with Seth and Juice, the YouTube channel for media availabilities, drive time interviews, all that fun stuff and much much more.
Speaker 2: And last button not least, Mimie Dolphins dot com.
Speaker 4: Until next time, Fin's up, Caroline and Cameron Daddy, He's coming home.