Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one legen with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Jen, you're gonna be shot?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: First of all, welcome you guys.
Speaker 3: It's not welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome riveting episode of nine O two one. OMG, I loved this episode.
Speaker 3: I see the light. Oh my goodness, I'm happy. I'm happy. I can't read that you liked it.
Speaker 1: Finally, I can't read from Jenny's face how she's got a I can read this right now, I can't.
Speaker 3: I liked it. Yeah, I thought it was decent enough.
Speaker 2: I liked it because I feel like, oh, this is going to be the wrong reason to like it, so I apologize in advance. But it started. This is like the episode where it starts to turn a little soapy, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I feel like this is the episode.
Speaker 2: You're like, now, I don't oh now this one. I just feel like it's like rare cat fights and stuff felt very Yeah, Dynasty.
Speaker 1: We had scene of Kelly versus Brenda wowsa.
Speaker 3: Yeah she wait, let's just talk about it. Let's talk about it. Welcome about Episode twenty eight acting Out aired April twenty seventh, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Four synopsis, Brandon gets bamboozled and Bruce, thanks to Claire Donna, reveals her true feelings about Andrea. Kelly isn't ready for her close up after all, and Brenda tries to save a bad audition with a good dress.
Speaker 3: Directed by Jeffrey Mellman. Written by Chip Johansson.
Speaker 1: April twenty seventh. To me, seems like the start of May sweeps. So they're bringing out the big guns. We've got how many left in this season? Four? Four?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 1: Three? Three? Maybe three? Oh?
Speaker 2: The last one's a two hour? Is that when they started these missed Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's mister Walsh goes to Washington. Oh wow, So okay.
Speaker 3: Well this is exciting. I mean it starts out beautiful, all the all the shots of the ocean, and you know, I felt for Brenda. I felt like, sometimes you gotta just go and stare at the ocean to figure out how are you feeling? So she took some time before she showed up on Kelly's door step. I wonder what it would have been like if she hadn't taken those moments before to gather herself. Would have been worse.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was like a very I don't know what the word is. I want to say snatchy, but that's like a bad word.
Speaker 2: Right, means something else very snarky, isn't snatch Like women's like, oh you look snatched, Like if you're wearing your spanks, you look snatched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a snack caustic. It was so.
Speaker 3: You know, that's the that that scene you're talking about was like literally two hot cats on a tin roof, right. I think they were like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it were so good.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure. I mean, I can remember how the show, like how doing these kinds of scenes would sort of pin Shannon and I against one another, not just our characters but our people kind of. And I could tell in this scene that there was a lot of Jenny and a lot of Shannon coming across in that argument. It just felt like there was a lot of stuff going back and forth.
Speaker 1: I think you might be.
Speaker 2: Because you've talked about before, like both strong women, both aries like sometimes the line its blurred, right, yeah, yeah, two young girls.
Speaker 3: I remember there was just like a tension on the set too, whenever we would shoot these kinds of scenes, like everybody, what can happen?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Can I say something weird? Maybe because you're saying it it felt like a scene from the Housewives or the back of Two Girls. I'm so sorry. It seemed real.
Speaker 3: It was, Yeah, it seemed real.
Speaker 2: Sure, you guys were both real brilliant in it.
Speaker 3: I liked it that David bought Kelly a book about Strasburg though he goes Strasburg. I know it sounds like some sort of birth control, but supposed to be good stuff.
Speaker 1: Wait, are you guys familiar with the least Strasburg method?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: The repeating like the same? Like?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try it. You do the repeat. Okay, So I feel hungry, I feel hungry. No you say I think you say you feel hungry.
Speaker 2: Oh right, Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel hungry.
Speaker 2: You feel hungry.
Speaker 3: I feel hungry.
Speaker 2: You feel hungry. I feel hungry. You feel hungry.
Speaker 3: I feel hungry.
Speaker 2: Are we good?
Speaker 3: Are we good?
Speaker 1: But can you explain to me what you think?
Speaker 2: I'm an audition for Maggie the Cat. Now what is it you were doing there?
Speaker 1: Because you were changing the way you were saying it, like.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to be listening to the other person, And even though it's the same line that you're saying over and over, like you're listening and the listening come your reaction comes from the listening.
Speaker 2: Oh wow right, instead of like thinking of your own next line, you're actually present.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: It was good. I liked okay, even though it was very Kelly versus Brendan versus Laura, that the gang was being so supportive of everybody. The gang was like not going down like Donna was David, Donna, even Brandon Steve obviously sort of siding with Laura, but he's he's trying. It was like the gang was sort of like why are they doing? Why are they acting so crazy?
Speaker 2: And I think that's what drew me in is I got to watch them have it was essentially like this power thruffle, like who's like going for it, but you didn't feel like you got it, like ignored the other characters. They were just a part of it because they intersected all the storyline with all of us, so they I got weaved together, So I didn't miss them except Andrea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, line was separate, and you kind of got weaved into hers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got weaved into everybody's I want to talk about Claire too, but as two actors, right, Tory Jenny, So you're being Tori, who did the audition the best? Who was the best? I think I have my opinion, but I want it. I'm not an actor.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go? Can I say? But what if I don't pick? You're my friend here? If you pick me? What if I don't? Though I'm scared, I'm not picking me. I'm picking.
Speaker 1: You're honest. You pretend as directors that you both direct to. Who would you or produce? Who would you have cast?
Speaker 2: Laura?
Speaker 3: Laura?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really I thought she was the worst?
Speaker 2: Did I thought?
Speaker 1: I don't know why? And this is not a dig on Tracy Mittendorf. Something about her and I got over it last week, but it's back again this week. Something about her or the way she plays Laura Kingman.
Speaker 2: You don't like the actory like affected part of her, but that works for auditioning for Maggie the cat cat in a hot tin roof. Right, Maybe you're right out.
Speaker 1: That I don't like how she's like, oh my ma, honey.
Speaker 3: Or when I was watching Kelly's audition scene, I was like like this, like, oh my god, I'm like peeking through my I was so scared to watch it, But in watching it, I realized I was like channeling like Maggie if she lived in a trailer park. That was my take on it, Like it was trailer park Maggie.
Speaker 1: Like how hard is it to be acting within acting because you're acting as Kelly and then you have to beat Kelly acting as Maggie and your little Like.
Speaker 2: I liked how your voice changed though, Like your voice was higher.
Speaker 3: It was really cute.
Speaker 2: And it was so like raw your emotions. I don't know. Maybe it was because last episode you guys mentioned Jessica Lang a little bit, so maybe that like influenced me how I was watching her.
Speaker 1: I thought Kelly was the best at it, and I know everyone's gonna be like, you hate Brenda. I don't hate Brenda, but I thought Kelly was the best. And I do think even though Roy Randolph is so gross, he actually saw natural talent at her talent. Yeah, so I thought, you know, I still like that you took yourself out of the race.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I liked it when he put his hand on Kelly's shoulder weirdly after the audition, it was like, I don't know, you guys must not have noticed that, but I don't know because it was creepy.
Speaker 1: I just noticed at the end when you quit, you're like, this guy's gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's onto him. By the end of this, she's like, uh, Wow, this guy's a piece of work.
Speaker 2: I gotta say though, like all three of you great performances.
Speaker 3: Like I was thinking, Wow, that must have been so nerve wracking and like I.
Speaker 2: Got so nervous terrifying to do. Right when I saw that John was about to audition, my heart like just that, like nervous, like I wanted to see, like I wanted to be. I should have known it's going to be good, but as a friend, I got nervous.
Speaker 1: Are you guys an audition for a play like that? How about how brutal is it?
Speaker 3: I have never done audition for a play. I don't think like that, but I have an audition for like sitcom work. It's always brutal. Any audition is brutal, especially if you have to do an accent. Well I did in high school. Actually does that count? Yeah, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Have you ever known that you were up for a part that you've been called back for You're getting close and you know that someone you know is up for it.
Speaker 2: Also all the time that happens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If you go to network and read, you see the same like you know who you're reading against, who you're testing against, and you know them like you know them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you guys have to audition? You don't have to audition now, do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But like self tapes now m hm, so.
Speaker 1: You could go into audition. I'm trying to think of somebody that like looks like you guys, So say, Christina Applegate, would you ever go into a room and you know you're up for a part and Christina Applegate is like or Sarah Chuck. I'm just trying to like think of somebody in your era back in the day, like was in the room and you're like kind of friends with them and they're sort of famous too, and like.
Speaker 3: Hmm, I've been I know, I've been in auditions with Tiffany before going up against Tiffany, which is weird because we didn't look nothing alike. So that just goes to prove that they have no idea what they want. They're just looking at everybody and seeing what what works for them.
Speaker 2: I remember that, I remember a sitcom audition after nine on two and zero and walked out and Tiffany was there, and then Lindsey was there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No, I was like we were all like, all right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I wouldn't like that at all.
Speaker 3: No, it's not fun. But I noticed that, like the energy between these girls was so vicious, Like when Bara did hers it was and then she walked off stage off slinkty slink, and then Brenda walks on stage. They just kind of glare at each other. It was palpable, and I felt so sad for them. I was like, ladies support one another, like say good job or some things.
Speaker 1: Also thought it was very hypocritical in that Brenda was so mad at Kelly, like like more mad than than about Dylan. It was just so mad. But yet then there's Laura canoodling with Roy Randall flirty mcflirty, and she's all, well, that's what she has to do, and I'm just like, what.
Speaker 2: Like, why are you a personal connection to her? She does to Kelly like it hurts.
Speaker 1: That she so many levels told you to audition, so my thing is not for that character, but is that how it works? You couldn't just go into an audition and like the like say, you go in and you're reading for the part of an orphan, but they're like that girl sings a mad she's Annie. Does that happen right here? Like when bo.
Speaker 2: Jesse Christopher told us he went in he was friends with Brian nausin Green and went in for point break because Brian had auditioned, and then he came in afterwards and got the part. Do you remember that you can't be mad?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: But maybe because it's college, it's different.
Speaker 1: I have another weird question. Have you ever come home and not gotten apart and just like cried, Yeah? No, are you like do you have to be tough as nails? Like you have to have such a thick skin.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I've cried over not kidding something, crying on the inside. I'm crying on the inside right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's just weird. How now for Steve was all you know, anti Lara and now he loves Lara?
Speaker 1: Are they dating?
Speaker 3: Kissing her weirdly kissing her in the room when, oh goodness, it's just so weird to me. And then he tells her, if this is what you want, you've got to be able, You've got to go all the way. If you want to be an actress, you have to be willing to go all the way. And I don't know what he's referring to, but.
Speaker 1: I love that Steve Sanders has no qualifications whatsoever for anything ever music managers. He's I am a music and now he is an act Yeah, although he looked way better in the jeans than the jeorts and the baseball shirt rather than like so happy that the.
Speaker 3: Shorts we weren't appearing this episode. I can't remember who. Kelly says this too, but she says everything. I think it was in the makeup scene with Brenda, I believe. I felt like that scene in particular really stood out to me as well written, which for me is I don't notice that very often, but this really stoock out because this one line specifically, I mean, just like overall, this one line was said, every time something good happens to you, I feel like somehow I'm going to be left behind. And I just felt like, wow, that's such a poignant like admittance, you know, such a vulnerable thing to say, because that like goes right to a person's core of like their deepest insecurities, Like I struggle with that, And when I heard that line in the show last night, it really resonated with me and like my history in relationships and like what is it that when something good's happening to someone that you know or even love, there's that part of you that's like, oh, but what about me? How is this? You know? What does that mean for me? And I thought it was just really interesting that they brought that into play. But that was just the weirdest makeup scene ever.
Speaker 1: Well so it's quick, always with a bow, but I loved that scene and it felt honest, right, Yeah, they're finally telling each other the truth, which resonated right, like jealousy is normal.
Speaker 3: I felt like Kelly and being more vulnerable with Brenda. But that was what she came there to do, was to bow out and say that her friendship was more important to her than this thing that she got caught up in which she didn't even care about anyway, right, right, But the fact that she did it in the frumpiest outfit.
Speaker 2: Oh I've ever seen Kelly there?
Speaker 3: Who can you with that? What is that sweater? That sweater over the long floral dress looked like she borrowed it from like Andrea's grandma Rose or something. And then it wasn't just in that scene, it was in the scene at Dylan's house too. She had to make out in that sweater.
Speaker 1: The fashion is changing, which I noticed that.
Speaker 2: Wait, the tank tank top so the way I feel like, yeah, Kelly had on the pink baby tank over it. I feel like this is the debut of baby takes. We've had baby teas.
Speaker 1: We literally were at college copying all these outfits.
Speaker 3: Like, well, not that sweater you weren't probably was.
Speaker 1: But the pink tank, the tight tank over the white tea. I was like, it jarred me because I'm like, I think I wore that.
Speaker 2: I feel like Kelly should not have bowed out.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I know she should have. But there's part of me that knows, like that knows Brenda from watching Brenda for four seasons. That feels like if you go there with her, like she does get very Brenda wants what she wants and sometimes gets bratty about it, And I feel like for Kelly to go there, it sets like a precedence. Now, like I don't know, she doesn't own the play, she doesn't own the acting world. It is true, I get the friend. I'm torn, you made the right decision or.
Speaker 1: You're going with that?
Speaker 3: Mean well you. Donna was not torn on the show. She was very clearly team Kelly in that scene in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Donna is the most opinionated. That's the only thing that's super different about me and Donna. Or maybe I'm opinionated, but I don't voice it like Donna voices it. It's crazy, it's fair. My thing is she did give her opinion, but she was being fair, which is what you just said. Brenda doesn't own all plays, she doesn't own the drama department at CU, and she encouraged Kelly to audition, Like why are we all forgetting that?
Speaker 1: She basically told her to watch. So Kelly's just like at the pool, reading the lines, being a good friend. So it's a little irritating to me, even if she's inside jealous, she should have checked herself, right, I think so.
Speaker 2: Too, because in the long run, does she want the part because by default because you left? Like what if that's the case, then is that like she's so passionate and driven, but like she was just handed the part. Basically, if you're gone maybe I wouldn't want it that way.
Speaker 1: For auditions so bad, although I didn't think she was bad, but like, no, that's funny. I didn't even know she messed up the lines. I was like, I was in it with her. I'm like all right, and then she's like I need to start out, and then she runs out. I was like, oh god.
Speaker 3: It did bug me though, how Dylan was so I can see how Kelly would be upset by Dylan's attitude and like him always sort of playing devil's advocate and rooting the underdog and not standing next to Kelly and really supporting a bit mean and he's a dick. I'm sorry. Yeah, but I was watching that scene with her later where I was at the beach.
Speaker 1: I think this scene where yeah.
Speaker 3: She makes the effort to come talk to him and gets you know, all the families there and chest away and then he's such a meany to her, and I was like, are you who are you? Who do you think you are talking to Kelly Taylor like that. I was all mad that Dylan was talking to her like that as just as a fan.
Speaker 1: Like where I was like, why is he being so jerky?
Speaker 3: He doesn't like her?
Speaker 1: Where it's like, dude, that's your girlfriend, Like even if you're sort of torn, you should be supporting her, because he should have said, you have all the right in the world to audition and be mad that she's mad. Yeah, I thought he was being a little bit d wordy with his vile of sludge. What do you know that violenceludg.
Speaker 3: That's the ocean water from in Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: I don't know when he became like an environmental I mean, I love everything about theay.
Speaker 2: What was the line about the bay? You support the babe, but not w'd you say, ca Dylan oh Man? I was a good line I didn't write down.
Speaker 1: I didn't like how he said, You've been having the same thing with Brandon for two years and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, bro, kind of because of you, he takes he is he takes himself out of the equation every time, like he had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: And like in the same scene, one of you pronounced it interested and one of you pronounced it interested really yet but like it was back to back, like line the line nobody caught that now. I felt like he said it and then you were like being like funny, like inside joke like interested making a point like he just like he said he basically was like interested. He like mushed it all together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I just feel like that. Okay, So then Brenda Kelly drops out, So Brenda goes then to see the guy at his house induce him. Yeah, that was like what wowsa like wearing a trench coat that she takes off in the doorway to reveal.
Speaker 2: It was very basic instinct. I was into it, yeah, because I thought it was going to be Laura. Is that what you guys thought it was supposed to be. No, when he saw the back and then they panned up and it was the dark hair.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I thought.
Speaker 1: I was like thought, wowsa. The dress reveal just got me coming soon.
Speaker 3: Like I just was like, Brenda's taking this a little too far. Now it's a high school play. Oh, no college play. Sorry, we're not in high school anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just all a lot I'm in. Like I love every second of it and I can't wait to talk about Claire and Andrea also, but like it's a lot like I don't know if I would behave that way, especially with a teacher. It's so a little bit weird.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Donna and how she thinks that she's helping Andrea. But I guess it just I was like, Oh, maybe it's you know, she's hormonal, like more sensitive. And I could justify that because you weren't saying it to be mean. No, your character wasn't saying it to be mean. It was just an observation.
Speaker 2: Did you think that chosen words you could have chosen, I would have been hurt by.
Speaker 1: I sort of thought what you were trying was sort of to be like, oh my god, look at what however long ago to now, your entire existence has changed. And then she was just so d about it in the Virgin Club.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, she I love it though in her exce line she goes, it's been real. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, when did anyone?
Speaker 3: But I think it's you know, it's been real. Come out of here.
Speaker 1: I love this so much. Yeah, Andrea, I mean that was a hole to do. And I guess she was right. She's had that premonition something was wrong.
Speaker 3: And then she goes into I guess this is labor that she's going into. And I was like, Donna, where are you calling? Nine one one what's should try for the doctor? Oh no, I said, I've never done this before.
Speaker 1: Was that Braxton Hicks? What does she have going on?
Speaker 2: She must? I think.
Speaker 1: Home. I think it's Braxton Hicks.
Speaker 3: Oh well, thank goodness. It wasn't like a miscarriage or anything. And she's home now on bedress. But I was like, Donna nine one one, okay, you were like, put your coat on. Let's I'm gonna wabble you on out to the and take you to there.
Speaker 2: I had already verbally attacked a pregnant woman. I could have really done her in. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I thought Donna was cool under the pressure of it, though she did not flip out. She's young, did not flip calling the doctor, you know, do do dude, Like, we've got a situation. We're coming in like, I thought you handled.
Speaker 3: It so well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: But Andrea would have said Donna called like even in that state, Andrea would have been bossy and been like, here's what you do?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, Well isn't.
Speaker 1: Andrea like sort of a doctor, doesn't.
Speaker 3: She's like, well, she was lab coat.
Speaker 1: Med or something. I think she's pre med.
Speaker 3: She's pre med.
Speaker 2: She should have delivered her own baby.
Speaker 1: She should know what's going down. She doesn't seem the anxious type to me, and yet she's very anxious, which maybe it's just the pregnancy, but like she's real stressed.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Is leading up to something the birth may no? I no, I mean throughout the episodes, like her being like something's wrong. I'm just feeling it, like I think this is this leading up to something, or just like no, it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're asking the wrong lady.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't usually keep threading a storyline, so I was like, Okay, it's two episodes now they've said, like she's in stress.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Brandon. Brandon goes to Claire's prom. I guess that's just the prom party.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it.
Speaker 2: Her dress, her outfit, her gloves, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Of course, first of all, the father tells Brandon he's going to the prom. He didn't even know about it.
Speaker 3: What does she say to him, I hope you're in the I hope you're ready for a bride while night or something like, oh you're ready for a wild red And his face on that freeze frame made me laugh so hard it was just so subtle. But I don't know. I was watching that party scene with like all those other people, and I was thinking, what show is this? It felt very were like I was like, oh, this is what it's like to not care about characters. Because those friends of hers, like you you wanted to I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why who are they?
Speaker 1: But can we tell on the back? Why would the party come to a screeching hole because somebody knocked on the door.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was the most unrealistic fight scene I have ever seen, with literally everybody just standing on their marks staring at the people in dead silence. And it was weird because no one was holding up a cell phone but they didn't have those done because now it would be everybody'd be filming it. But like, it just felt like so unrealistic. And also if Brandon had gotten hit by that giant man, his face would have been wrecked.
Speaker 2: I mean, and makeup afterwards.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. It was just like a light pink and then yellow bright red. It was like literal.
Speaker 3: I thought he had pink eye.
Speaker 1: On what plant for pink eye? What planet? It was two guys were versus fifty seven people and the two guys were winning, Like, I was like, what is happening? What two dudes come up from the street just because a girl flashed them and like spilled her drink. Break First of all, you can't break down a door in a hotel like that.
Speaker 3: No, that was a paper door, it was how about?
Speaker 1: First of all, probably right, the entire party goes dead quiet, and then Brandon, who is it?
Speaker 3: I mean, of course Brandon has to take care of It's not even his prom or his party. He knows no one but Claire, but he's going to be the man of the house.
Speaker 1: Then the big dude breaks down the door. Also unrealistic.
Speaker 3: He was mass and then like what.
Speaker 1: Did the big dude even have against these people? Wouldn't he have just been like, let's buddy, give me a drink? Like then he socks Brandon. Second of all, Brandon no diss on Jason Priestley, who's like five eight. Oh sorry, nails the guy, Like.
Speaker 2: Why can't that happen?
Speaker 3: Punching up?
Speaker 1: I mean, Brandon was in the fight and doing okay against the six eight.
Speaker 2: Football six eight.
Speaker 3: He was like a wall though It's truebody moved literally nobody else moved in the background.
Speaker 1: Rosen. Then the incomes the hotel security and then they're like the whole thing was so ludicrous.
Speaker 3: It really was. It was really ludicrous. And then Claire goes on to have a temper tantrum basically he doesn't like me, and I just felt like why she I. I was like, oh, she is younger now, I see she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little weird. She went a little too far with the like I want to strangle myself, and then he makes a joke about it, and I was just like, oh.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to go out with her either. She kind of liked it.
Speaker 2: It was so like stomping my feet like tween tears, like poudy, Like literally she got so like it's the way you would react with a parent when they're like you're grounded. You're like, you don't like me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got my dad. And then Brandon had to pay the three hundred dollars just like what.
Speaker 3: And then Brandon was just really cranky with with her in that scene, but I think he was being bothered by his pink guy outbreak that he had and.
Speaker 1: They were close to the edge and then when they said room three eight, I'm like, that's not room three o eight, that's like room seven o nine, because they were like, only you would catch that eight saying, because I'm like, that door's not going to break hotel security. The whole thing was like, what's happening? Who are those people? Are those people from the high school?
Speaker 3: No, they were just random dudes walking down the street.
Speaker 1: No, but in that party, who as her graduating class?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Claire's cluffmate.
Speaker 1: But why didn't they didn't want to go to the prom either? Fifty seven kids didn't go to the prom. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was very like, that was the after party, pre party, one of those Yeah, all right, and then let's justify it.
Speaker 1: Always Brandon doesn't dance. Always Brandon does his thing and then he just grabs the beer.
Speaker 3: He does square dance, Yeah, yeah, one in Rome square. I I don't think I've ever seen Brandon like throw back a beer.
Speaker 1: No, are you guys even twenty one? No? That very everybody drank champagne at the prom. Oh no, but I've never seen him drink a beer. Maybe at the summer beach house and you know, not your apartment, but the when they were in Malibou at the old.
Speaker 3: House, mabes.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I just oh god. I know I'm going back and forth, But I love Andrea doing yoga with the big old MELTI bowl of ice cream down dog slurp. I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, what's going to happen you guys?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. But Kelly goes over to after she apologizes to Brenda for doing nothing wrong. Uh, she goes to Dylan to seek some sort of something and he doesn't give it to her. Then either, he again doesn't listen and takes up for Brenda.
Speaker 2: What's his problem?
Speaker 3: What's his problem?
Speaker 2: I'm no, I'm I'm curious from your standpo, I can't figure it out watching as a fan, like, I'm like, what is he doing?
Speaker 3: Can't figure it out?
Speaker 2: Very like self sabotage to the core, that's it.
Speaker 3: I go, I guess so and then like that whole bad boy like mixed signals, like you know, teaching girls that it's okay to take whatever you get from the cute guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just he should be dumped.
Speaker 2: It's too much. And I feel like, right even in this episode, like Kelly comes back kind of and you're semi nice to him, and then it starts in and again, like it's just he's not very likable.
Speaker 1: He's also just so like it's so about his sister or sister, my sister, and you're not gonna come to the bet my sister. He's he's a little bit self absorbed.
Speaker 2: Self absorbed in the anger and everything going on is being directed in the wrong direction at the wrong person.
Speaker 3: And he thinks that the girls are being self absorbed. And you know about the play.
Speaker 1: Right, I think that's kind of like work.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I did love you is with the white sort of flowy top. I'm not that was good at the beach when you came to the beach with the cool sunglasses on.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean it's a teenager's job to be self absorbed. What's you know, Oh yes, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to think of what we forgot. I'm still befuddled by Steve and Laura.
Speaker 3: So something's going to happen with so this is I started to you're right toward what you said in the beginning of the show that this starts to become soapy because it becomes more serialized, meaning like every episode you're left on the edge of your seat, like what's going to happen in the next episode, and I feel that more and more and now, and so I'm like, what's gonna happen. What's gonna happen with creepy Roy Randolph.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming one of them gets the role, one gets to understudy, and it's like all about Eve slash the modern day that would be Showgirls. Is that correct? Is that what's going to happen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or like or like remember when the ice Skaters that Tanya Nancy? Yeah? So yeah, I'm gonna get ugly. I bet you.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 2: So who's gonna get which part? Like who's going to be the understudy? Oh, it's gonna be Laura. Brenda's gonna get it, and Laura's gonna take her down to get the part. Am I right?
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go with it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're right, but it sounds good.
Speaker 2: Amy knows.
Speaker 1: I'm not answering. I am not I am not answer. What I can say is that I do love the serialization. And we've said it a bit before. What do you guys? I'm it hooks me me too.
Speaker 2: I was into it and.
Speaker 1: These episodes are moving that they're fast. I'm like because last I forgot that we were taping today, so I had to watch it last night eleven, and I was sort of like, oh no, boom, I was in. I was loving it. It's jamming. It's like, I'm in. I think this show is right now, like if I'm looking, you know, just from a bird's eye view. For me, it's the best stuff.
Speaker 3: What do you guys give this episode? On the old finger chirt? Okay, ready, yep?
Speaker 1: That go oh yeah? Oh god? Wait. So Jenny gave a nine, Tory gave an eight. I gave a nine because Divas to me was a ten and this is just a little below Divas for me. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I.
Speaker 2: Could have gone higher, but with my fingers I can't hold Wait, oh I could do that nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to be honestly, I meant to put up three on this hand.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 3: Tell me.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of juicy stuff coming because Celeste isn't I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to coming back.
Speaker 1: She's not gone what.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's why is a nice gal, but I don't know so much.
Speaker 1: Going forward too, we're leveling up. This gets good. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it with the new characters.
Speaker 1: I like it with Yeah, wait, before we go, how do you guys feel about Claire.
Speaker 3: I think she's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: I love watching her. I just love her look.
Speaker 3: I love it's different.
Speaker 2: She's a totally different character and she comes in with a whole different vision, wardrobe, make a pair, just everything than what our girls are.
Speaker 1: So were you friends over at this point or were you like developing a friendship in real life?
Speaker 2: Maybe not yet. I feel like she had just come on raight, She's only had like three Yeah, I don't think we had worked a lot with her, and then.
Speaker 1: Right Jenny did, and then mostly Jason. I don't even seen with her.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Nope, not yet. But soon we will all be together. I know that happens, all right, everybody, we have we have homework to do for next week, and it's continuation of the play Saga. The next episode is episode twenty nine, Truth and Consequences.
Speaker 2: I thought you were literally saying the name of the episode is continuation. I'm like, that's pretty literal of them, Okay, entitle.
Speaker 3: No, Truth and Consequence is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's sort of the third part of this sort of three story arc. And then I think we go right into someone Keep Me Honest to the sort of two part finale, which I think probably aired us on one night.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen? Then?
Speaker 3: What are the stakes? Name one the same ones. I think Brandon goes to Washington you said earlier.
Speaker 1: And we sort of have the I don't want to reveal it. There's some clear stuff.
Speaker 3: Definitely, does Brenda come back for season five or is the end of season four the last time we see her, last time you see her? That was crary?
Speaker 1: All Yeah, it really is. It really is, because Tiffany is season five.
Speaker 2: As the end of an era. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not either, no.
Speaker 1: Because I'm sure you didn't know. I'm thinking you didn't know. At this point, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think we don't have to We don't have to be ready for it yet. We have another couple episodes. Yeah, yeah, all right, you guys have a great week. Thank you for listening, Love you guys. Bye,