Speaker 1: I'm bad bitches. I hope you had the merriest of merry Christmases. I hope you had a fantastic New Year. We're just going into it, Jess. How was your New Year?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 2: Kyle and I were to bed by eight thirty.
Speaker 1: You didn't even make it into the New Year.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I made it into the new year the next morning. I said Happy twenty twenty two the next morning. But that's about it.
Speaker 1: How is yours? Because I saw it? You went out. We did well out. I mean we went to Jackson Britney's. We arrived at five so that the babies could play more like sex, so the babies could play. Hartford is like fully mobile, walking all over the place. Oh my god. It was so cute though, because it was like Brittany was going to get ready and she was like, who's gonna watch Cruise while I'm getting ready? Because Jackson was trying to get the food all organized, and it was like everyone was helping with everyone's kid. And then Stocy tore her tights, so she was changing her tights and Bo was trying to help Jack's and Bo was like, la, la, can you grab hart Ferd She's like playing in the dog's water dish.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just like really really cute and fun. And we did make it to midnight. We left Jackson Brittany's before midnight. Ocean was dead a sleep by eight o'clock, but I had to wake her up to transport her back home, and she made it until midnight.
Speaker 2: She did, so you made it to midnight here at the house.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was like walking up the stairs to put Ocean to bed.
Speaker 2: That's so exciting.
Speaker 1: We looked at hers and I said, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: My love, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 2: Do the babies because I saw a video on your Instagram which was hilarious. But when you sit the babies next to each other, do they like play together?
Speaker 1: They do? Oh okay, it's more like fighting over the toy, you know, like Cruise ripped Ocean's head. That's what I saw, and I was like, hilarious. But you know, the I'm telling you what, Cruise is the chillest baby in the world. Like when we were leaving at like eleven thirty, Cruise was still awake, really doesn't fuss, like he's full on super baby.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, like still awake hadn't napped, was just up with the adults.
Speaker 1: He was wanting to be a part of all of it. Oh that's cute. It was cute. I love that. I was like ocean. If I kept her up, would be screaming, bloody murder right right. She has no patience, no tolerance. When it's time for bed, she lets you know. But also its.
Speaker 2: Same, same, same my reaction to me too.
Speaker 1: So it was just like I had a fantastic holiday and I slid in to a man's DM for the first time since I was like twenty three.
Speaker 2: Stop it, Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: How did that feel?
Speaker 3: How did that feel?
Speaker 1: You know? It felt strange because I don't slide in the DM like I slid in the DM when I was like drinking right and like young. But I haven't slid in the DM, and I don't even know if I have game anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure you do. How much can you tell us about what made you do that? And then how it's going?
Speaker 1: So the great thing about it is I'm obviously just in this zone of like I got my baby, I want to work really hard and create an empire for the give them Lailah brand. So my expectations are very low. Like I'm just looking to like sit and have a conversation and like, like I said, I don't have any expectations with it, but it went well, like my DM cherry and just talking to a man. Yeah, who's not my previous relationship. It's just like this is fun and obviously I have a little bit game left if like there's communication happening.
Speaker 2: So you got a response?
Speaker 1: I got a response?
Speaker 3: Huge.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, jess what my first DM, the initial one was just emojis and not even anything sexy, like, not even anything hot.
Speaker 2: That's funny, That's how do you respond to that? Do you just like it or something?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: He did? He responded, We like sparked a conversation. But I was like, what does one say in someone's DM? By the way, for my listeners, my people, let me know please call in to one eight six six la la pad and let me know how to get game back. Yeah, and like what should an initial DM be like? Because I think it's different. It's like, are you looking for a relationship? Are you looking for a booty call? Because it's very different. What are you looking for with this initial DM?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Who the fuck knows.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's huge. I that's how Kyle and I. It was on Facebook. So that's embarrassing because it was years ago.
Speaker 1: Wait before ig No, it was on Instagram even come to be a long time ago, right.
Speaker 2: Right, It wasn't before Instagram, but it was when Facebook. It was like actually six years ago. It was when Facebook was still active.
Speaker 1: Kind of Facebook classier than Instagram, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So I think Facebook is like more ancient, Like like I if I'm in a DM my aunt or uncle or like grandma, I use Facebook. If you slid in someone's Facebook dms, now, I feel like they'd be like, they'd not they if they saw it, they wouldn't respond because that's just like, what are you eighty years old?
Speaker 1: Is that messenger?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I actually just discovered that that existed and I downloaded. I was like what is this? And I downloaded and I had so many messages messages from the Facebook Messenger, and I was like, what is it?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 4: Even?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Like what I don't I don't know, I don't know. I'm thirty one and I act like I'm ninety as if I like just arrived on Earth, and I'm like, what is all this that's changed? It's like, while I You've been a part of this for a long time. Yeah, where have I been though? I know, watching housewives? Obviously watching Housewives.
Speaker 2: Well congrats, because this this is a story that we will we will check in on.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It has less to do with the dude and more to do with the fact that I repopped my DM cherry and I think that is something to celebrate. I'm about to pop some Starla non alcoholic wine after this podcast. Tell yes, maybe during Lisa, why don't you get on that. Mom, I'm being serious, I get off your ass. I'm just kidding, but really, Okay, So before we get this pop in, I want to remind everybody that my soon to be empire, Give Them Lala is going on tour. That's what's up. Give them Lalla. The brand new tour. Tickets are available now. Just slide onto my Instagram page, click the link, or just go to give Them live dot com to buy your tickets. We are kicking off the tour in Irvine, California. We're then going to Fort Lauderdale, Clearwater, Orlando, Atlanta. I call it Hotlanta. Yes, yes, baby, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, and we will wrap it up in Dallas, Texas. And I can't wait, Like, let me know what you would like to see, because this is a night where like we're vibing, this is like a hangout, so it's about y'all. Really, I agree that where we go. I agree. Did you see that some people think you agree with me too much?
Speaker 2: You guys, lala, let me just tell you something. You are the most inspirational woman.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was joking there, but I actually do think you are.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: What type of person is Like, I'm going to get me an assistant who disagrees with me all the time. We're not on the same page, and she most of the time thinks I'm a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, and you know it's funny too. I'm I'm a words of affirmation person, but it's very important to all my words of affirmation people out there. Your love language, if that's how you show it is to be genuine with it and your words are real, because if you're words of affirmation person and you just say things that are false, then you're just a liar, So I never do that, and the things I say to you are genuine and real. But I do understand, I mean, just because of what some family and friends of said to me that it can get a little obnoxious and annoying. And I hear you people, and I might tone it down.
Speaker 1: Just a little in all fairness. You started co hosting this podcast with me in the I want to say it should have been the darkest time of my life, right, I actually think it was like a very bright time in my life. But you started co hosting with me, and I needed to hear what you were saying, you know, like when someone's down in the dumps, not the time to be disagreeing with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, of course put.
Speaker 1: On your kiss ass hat and start to smooch it.
Speaker 2: And I saw it, I need it, and like, to my credit to now kiss my own ass. I saw Lalla go through a lot and the things I were saying all very true. But I do understand when I, you know, you take a step back. The listeners did not see a lot of that. The listeners did not know a lot of what was going on. So I was saying things and complimenting you and I think, you know, they still don't know a lot that's going on, and that's that's for reasons of you know, your choice. But I think I was compl amending you and saying a lot of things that I felt and I believed, where maybe some people would think, what is going on? Why she like praising her twenty four to seven whatever? But anyway, I still let me. Let me, let me set this straight. I don't disagree with anything I said. Everything I said it was genuine, but I do I can take a step back and say and see how it could be a little obnoxious and I'm gonna tone it down.
Speaker 1: But I but I love you, Lala, I love you too, jess And Jessica does disagree with me. The only difference is her disagreement is not vocal, like I'll present something that I think, like if if the listener is gonna be in the room when you disagree, it's the facial expression where I'm like, just thinks this is stupid.
Speaker 2: Or I've been like I like to disagree in a way where I present another solution.
Speaker 1: So there it is, yes, And that's why that was another reason why I hired you, oh during your interview, because you talked about solutions, solutions.
Speaker 2: If I hear you say something, if Lala says something to me and I don't agree, I'm not like, no, that's dumb. And to feedback, I'm gonna say, Okay, I hear you, but what about And I just think that's the most constructive you guys, That's just how I live my life. I do it with my boyfriend, I do with my parents, my family, and that's just how I live. And I'm thirty and I feel good living that way.
Speaker 1: You should. You're a good person, good to your core, and I am honored to have you in my world. Let's get some voicemails to rolland.
Speaker 5: Hi, La La. This is Bet me from a small town in southern Illinois. My question for you today is are you writing another book? I write your first one. I write it in two days. I keep it next to my nineteen.
Speaker 6: Just in case I every evening with them.
Speaker 5: I can go back to certain pages I have marked down and after everything you're currently going through, saying a strong mama and being the beautiful person that you are in the inspiration you are to everybody, if you would be writing another book sometimes soon and kind of your journey, your new journey of life. So I love you and thank you for just giving everybody inspiration and being you know, the best mom to ocean.
Speaker 7: It's so inspiring.
Speaker 5: You're so strong, and just know it does not go on notice.
Speaker 4: So love you, Bye, Bethany.
Speaker 1: I want to hug you. That was so sweet. And I love when people say that they read my book fast, because I'm like, I want to be like, because it's that good. But obviously you're not reading Shakespeare pretty easy reading, you know. But I love that people are enjoying it. I love even more that me being honest about my journey in life so far has been inspiring to people. That was the whole goal of the book. I think becoming a national bestseller was just like the cherry on top. And I think it is very important that I write another book. And spoiler alert, I've already started, so yes, there will be another book coming. I feel I say this all the time. I feel like I've lived a hundred lifetimes since I wrote that book, and I became a mother, and anyone who is a mom knows the second you find out that you're pregnant and you feel that first kick in just all of those monumental moments during pregnancy to having them, you become a different human being, and your goal in life and what you want to see in the world changes. You know, you're much more woke, is what the cool kids say. I'm woke.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: And you know, there are certain chapters in that book that I want to expand deeper on them. You know, this wasn't a book where I said, yeah, let's give the people a thousand pages to read of give them Lalla. No, it was what were these moments that were very defining And now looking back, there were so many moments that were inside of moments that I shared in the first book, Give Them Lalla, that I think need to be spoken about. I just there's something that's that's tugging on me to share a little bit deeper. When something like what I've been through happens and your blinders are taking off and you're open to this brand new world and you know, the independence and just being a woman. You know, I'm not the twenty six year old girl that I was or twenty three twenty four when I was on Vanderbumbrules. Like I'm a grown woman and you change, and like I've said before. I reserve the right to change, and I reserve the right to go back and say, you know what I said. Then there's more to it, and the control is now gone, and I'm going to share maybe the parts that weren't so great that I can now share. Oh you know. Yeah, yeah, I'm excited for that. I think people will enjoy it. So yes, Bethany, I hope long winded answer, and I love you too, Bethany. Do we have another one?
Speaker 3: Yes? We do.
Speaker 1: Let's rule it.
Speaker 4: Hi, Lala, my name is Ellen. I'm from Michigan. I just recently lost my dad two months ago to liver cancer. He went to the hospital and then wellin two weeks, I knew that he was going to pass away, which was a shock to me. I've been thinking about how strong you are with losing your dad, and I just want some tips and advice to help me day by day. I know that I will never get over it, but I just want to get a little bit stronger. You stay, so I know that you could give me some great advice and that would be really awesome. I'm a huge fan. So much love to you in ocean. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Ellen. First of all, I am so beyond sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. I'm sitting here. I think it's been four years since my dad passed away, and it does not get easier. Like time. They say time heals all wounds. I think it allows us to cope a little bit better each day, but there moments still that I'll sit in my bed and just completely break down, sobbing, and it feels like he passed away yesterday. And I think it's very important when you suffer a traumatic loss like that to surround yourself with people who allow you to go through the emotional rollercoaster. Because you're going to feel angry, you're going to feel enraged, you're going to feel so sad that you can't get off the floor, and you need to allow yourself those moments and be around people who allow you to have those moments. Because to try and sit here and say I'm gonna be strong through this, no, you just need to be a person who's suffering a loss right now. You don't need to be strong. That's gonna come with time, you know, and Ellen, your dad will make sure of that. There were days and I turned to alcohol. That's when my addiction was like heavy heavy duty. After I lost my dad, it was bottle of champagne next to my bed, going to bed with it and waking up to it. Like that's what I was relying on. And if I could give anyone advice, it would be to steer clear of any substance like alcohol during a time of grieving, because it prolongs all of the process that is absolutely necessary for you to go through in order to be that strong person. It just it doesn't allow you to be in your right frame of mind to go through all of the emotions. It doesn't. It masks it. Then you wake up like I did six months later, and you're like, how does it feel like I've made no emotional progress because I didn't allow myself to. I was too busy diving into the bottle every chance I got. But try to remain in your right frame of mind, because every single day you're going to go through the waves of it all. But there will be a day where you're like, Wow, my coping mechanism is on point. It's just how we're built, you know. I think I don't know what your higher power is, Ellen, I don't know what a lot of our listener's higher power is mine happens to be God, so we'll stick with that for now. I think God put it in us to deal with the loss of a parent because it's the circle of life. I don't think he put it in us to deal with the loss of a child. I think that is something where it's you're throwing me off, this is going against the circle of life. But just know like you have it in you to cope with this, you know. I mean, I hope that that was that that was of some sort of help to you. And you're going to see little things that remind you of him and not even remind you, but it's like, oh my gosh, my dad is like here with me right now. You're gonna feel him. When I lost my dad, it was so strange what happened, what started happening to me. You know, it was like I got sober, I'm blessed with this beautiful baby. These little things where I'm like, my dad is doing some mad work up there. Yeah, you know, like he's getting no rest, just completely slaying the game on my behalf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for real, No things even happen now where I'm like, I'll just say just from habit, like someone up there is watching you and you're like, oh, yeah, it's my.
Speaker 1: Dad, my dad obviously, Yeah, you know, my dad is doing mad work. He's got a lot of shit on his back right now. Yeah, but he's a champion, just like Ellen's dad. So I hope that brought you a little bit of peace and comfort, and I love you so so much.
Speaker 8: Hey, La La, I was just calling to see if on that one podcast when you had the psychic on, he definitely seemed to know what was going on in your life and repeatedly kept asking or telling you rather that you would be okay on your own and that you are strong. Do you now believe that he knew what was going on with he who shall not be named and yourself, and that he was trying to really signal to you that you would be fine. Thanks. You can't wait to hear your answer.
Speaker 1: Who you know? I go back to that podcast often because he absolutely knew. I mean, Chris Medina is beyond gifted, you know. I think there are some people out there that they say that they're, you know, these gifted individuals. I believe that there truly are people out there that are gifted like Chris Medina, and I was beyond honored to have him come and beyond the podcast, and what happened after that podcast is something people don't know. I thought Chris Medina was definitely holding back on the podcast. When the podcast was over, Chris gave me a hug. He whispered in my ear to have a private session with you. Immediately, obviously talk to Jess. Let's do it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we did a private session and what he said was profound, and everything he said that was going to happen actually happened. So he didn't get into details, but he told me to watch out for certain times like dates, and everything he told me to look for actually happened. Now I thought that maybe like me and he who we shall not name, would just kind of part ways call it a day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: At that point in time, I just felt like this ain't gonna work. I wanted to do everything to try and make it work because I had ocean, but I definitely didn't think an actual life changing event would happen where there was no other choice but to get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yes, I think back on that Chris Medina session all the time. I think back on the podcast, and I think about our solo zoom that we did where I'm like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think you'd eventually like to have him on again?
Speaker 1: I would love to have him on again because, like I said, I think he's gifted and I think he offers me comfort. I like knowing that I'm on the right path. Like I don't want to know. I just want to know I'm on the right path, right, you know. I want to make sure that the moves that I'm making in life to further my career or being a good mama, that I'm doing everything correctly. Now, obviously things come up, but I feel like he knows, like what your fate is, yeah, you know, he knows the outcome. So it's when I say trust in the universe. That's how I feel when I talk to Chris Medina. It's like I trust in him, Yeah, because I just think he's one of those souls that is extremely gifted in a universe that we can't even comprehend.
Speaker 2: I agree, all right, Last, but not least.
Speaker 9: Hey, l La, this is Aaron from Alberta, Canada.
Speaker 7: I just got two palettes from Give them All a Beauty, the Baby Palette and the Pretty Palette and your mass Scara in the mail yesterday and I.
Speaker 9: Am so impressed with the product. Oh my god, the mascara. I just spent like eighty five dollars on a mascara at Sephora from Alidglass. I think, and your mascara, I am not just making this up or exaggerating works better. I love it. And I'm a clout owner of.
Speaker 6: Many gifferent Lala products across all your companies. So my question today is what would be like three dudes and three don'ts that you would give to any woman who's looking to start thrown company or business or a little side project online or anything like that. What's your best advice to women.
Speaker 7: Looking to get into business with something they love.
Speaker 9: Sending love to you an.
Speaker 7: Ocean and hot happy holiday season, and.
Speaker 9: I wish you an absolutely blessed new year.
Speaker 4: Love you Laala.
Speaker 1: Thanks ooh Aaron. First of all, thank you so much for supporting the give them Lalla brand. I'm so happy that you enjoy my products. I try my best to create things that I love that other people are going to love just as much, and also respecting how hard people work, so I'm not trying to put something out that's eighty four dollars in a last scare. Then I'm going to take off at the end of the day, like are you out of your mind? Like we work hard and I'm trying to have a good product.
Speaker 2: With a healthy cost, right, healthy cost, healthy cost. You know, I love a healthy cost.
Speaker 1: Love a healthy cost, which is like forty two bucks for a pallet that's going to last you forever. Nine shades just saying you can shop my brand and give them la la dot com. But I think that my three dues and three don'ts. I definitely don't think anyone should ever over extend themselves financially. Be smart with that. When you're thinking of creating your brand, even just a side hustle, come up with figures that make sense that let's just say your your company doesn't do what you thought it was going to do. That you don't sit there and go, oh my gosh, I dumped my life's savings into this thinking that it was going to work. I also think that your brand should feed itself. Come up with your initial investment. I think the business should should pay for itself, you know, to sit here and keep dumping your own money to try and get it off the ground. I think taking a pause and saying, what are we doing that is making us not be able to number one recoup our investment and number two make a profit. Is it something that just isn't working. Maybe the market's oversaturated. Maybe you need to come up with something that is a little bit more original, which is very hard these days. I mean there's a million and one beauty brands. What is going to make your special? So don't overextend yourself financially. The second, let your business feed itself. And three, sit down and really think about what is going to separate your business from everyone else's. Do the research, Does the product already exist? If it does, what makes yours special? So those are kind of three do's and don'ts, But those would be my top Those are great. Yeah Lisa agrees, so well, if Lisa agrees, then we're good. I love those voicemails. Remember please call me to leave all of your comments and questions at one Eat sixty six. La La Pod my guest coming up, is not only stunning, she is inspiring. She's a business woman and I cannot wait to deep dive into her life and who she is and how she came to be this incredible woman, mother, wife, just everything under the sun. So when we come back, we have Telly Swift. We are back, and I am so excited because we have Telly Swift and I'm a fan of yours. Hi, Telly, Hi, how are you? We're good? Thank you for joining us on today's podcast.
Speaker 3: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: You're amazing. So I first have to ask you, where did you get the nickname Kelly, because obviously my name is not really La La, and people are always like, what is this nickname that you've created for yourself? How did you get this nickname Kelly?
Speaker 10: So it was back, I guess in like the seventh grade. I went to school in Japan. I went to high school and middle school in Japan, so I guess playing basketball.
Speaker 3: It just it's stuck.
Speaker 10: They called me Telly, and it just it's stuck with me since seventh or eighth grade, I want to say. So it's been Telly every ever since. And the only people that really call me by my.
Speaker 3: Government name, which is Chintel, is like my man, my dad, my brother, and my mom, and that's it. Everyone else calls me Telly.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean my mom, I always know people call me Lauren instead of Lauren. So my mama is the only one that calls me by my government name as well, and everyone gets so confused, They're like, who is this Lauren that you're talking about? So love the nickname, love the backstory you. Why did you move to Japan? I know you're from the Philippines.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was born in the Philippines. My father was military, so we moved like every three years, and then my ex husband was stationed in Japan too, so I was there a little bit longer than I probably should have been.
Speaker 3: But I love Japan. It's a beautiful country.
Speaker 1: I love that story. My mother lived in Japan as well because her father was in the army, and she absolutely loved it as well. So you you were married once before. And by the way, you and your man are so cute, and I love how right or die you are for each other.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, that's my baby. He is he's amazing, he's well.
Speaker 10: In total, we have eight kids, so wow, there's yeah, we have a household of children. So now that I'm in my room in like my alone time space, I'm like, yes, alone time.
Speaker 1: I love that. So you're married. For those who live under a rock and don't know who you are, which I know most of my listeners do know who you are. You are married to Deontay Wilder and how did you two come to be? And this power couple.
Speaker 10: So we actually met at Lax Airport, so crazy I was coming from. I had like an infection in my leg and so I was in the hospital for like two weeks on like rotating antibiotics and medicine. And the reason why I say that backstory is because when we met at the airport, I saw one of my girlfriends and I was like, hey girl, I'm alive, you know, and I just completely stopped talking to him, so like I was thinking he was gonna wait, and he left, So I was like, wait, where did he go? We were having such a good conversation and leave it to Instagram, you know, on the Explorer page. One of his his managers' sons I knew, and I guess that's how he came on my Explorer page. And then we were dming each other and then coming to find out he's from Alabama and my dad's from Alabama. So that's kind of how I ended up going to Alabama earlier because I had a family reunion and the rest was history. And we've been together there going on seven years now.
Speaker 1: Wow, seven years, that is a very long time. And I have to say, Okay, so you met each other at LAX did so you slid in his DM?
Speaker 3: Yes? So what happened was he was on my Explore page and I was like, wait, that's the guy from Alabama. And the conversation that we had at the airport was so short, and I kind of felt bad that I like just left and was talking to my friend. And he always tells people I was so rude, but I was like, but you didn't know that.
Speaker 10: I was like coming from the hospital, you know. I was just in the airport and he didn't know who I was, and I didn't know who he was. So our encounter was so quick, and I was like, oh, we were having such a good conversation about like Alabama and my father being from Alabama, and I just completely left. But I was so excited to see my friend and so excited to still have my leg I was like, girl, I'm alive. I'm here kicking now.
Speaker 1: Probably that made I'm sure you more intriguing to him because he's an athlete, and I'm sure you know, girls sit there and would blow off their their girlfriend to talk to this dude. And he was probably like, this girl didn't give me the time of day. There's intrigue there. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't know if I called it intrigue. He probably was like, she's a bitch.
Speaker 3: Can I curse?
Speaker 10: He's probably like, she's a bitch. She just left, you know, And I was like, I didn't. Every time we have this conversation, I'm like, I did not mean to just leave. I was just so excited to like see my girl and still have my leg and not have one leg right, like, girl, I am kicking with two leggs.
Speaker 3: I'm good, you know.
Speaker 10: And he was gone, so I'm like, okay, I get it. He had to catch his flight. I had to catch my flight too.
Speaker 1: It was meant to be. You guys were meant to be together. The fact that he popped up on an Explore page where there's like millions upon millions.
Speaker 3: Crazy, and the fact that his.
Speaker 10: Manager's son I knew from La and it just it was just like two and two together. It was crazy and like we got matching tattoos. Day two of being together. It was it's intense, Like our relationship was just so quick, so fast, that I was like, Okay, you know when you have quick relationships, you don't think they're gonna last because they're so quick fast.
Speaker 3: And here we are seven years later.
Speaker 10: Eight kids in, so we're definitely on the move to up and up.
Speaker 1: Y'all were written in the stars. I have to ask you. So I'm newly single right and sliding in the DM. I'm new to you know, I don't know if I have game anymore? Who knows? That's still up in the air. What did you say to him? What was like the game move? I mean, already you had an authentic encounter already, so maybe that switched the way you would have slid in the DM? But what did you say? Give me some pointers?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 10: I actually was like, I'm I'm really funny, or I think I am. I guess I try to be at least, and I just said, hey, Bama. Like we never finished our conversation because I didn't we never exchange names.
Speaker 3: It was like, hey, where are you going? Where are you from?
Speaker 10: And then he was like I'm going to Alabama and where are you going? And I was like, well, I'm going back to Jersey at the time, I lived in Jersey, so our conversation was so like short, and I like, I said, I saw my girl. And when I slid in his DMS, I was like, you know, his name on Instagram was Bronze Bomber, So I was like, hey, Bama, like, I know.
Speaker 3: Your name is not Bronze Bomber.
Speaker 10: So you know, like it was just a short, a short conversation in person that I was like, I didn't know how to approach him, you know, in the DMS because it was just so short of.
Speaker 3: Our conversation and he was just like, oh my gosh, Like I was thinking about.
Speaker 10: You on the plane and I sent my assistant to go look for you, but you were gone. So like the same feeling that I guess I had, he had as well too. So it was I'm glad that it ended up working out that way. And then two weeks later I went to Alabama and I just came a little bit earlier than my then our family reunion and we just chilled.
Speaker 1: Then and it was it was on and popping.
Speaker 10: After that, Yeah, like maybe like three months or four months after that, he had asked me to move to Alabama from Jersey. And I waited until like at the time, I was in a condo, I waited for that lease to be done, and then I moved to Alabama. So it was it was, like I said, our relationship was so quick that I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, like is this true? Like can this happen this fast?
Speaker 10: And I was just like you know, in your head, you're just you think that when a relationship goes fast, like it's not gonna last because everything intense, intense, intense, intense. Like I moved there maybe like I don't know, maybe six months into our relationship, and yeah, because I was I was nursing at the time, and I was.
Speaker 1: So you had a young you had a young baby then when you first met him, Yes.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 10: He was I want to say, like seven or eight. Now he's fifteen, so he was young. Yeah, he was young at the time. And then he had kids as well too when I met him. And then it wasn't until I moved over there that like I started meeting the kids and you know, realizing how many kids he had because I only thought he had three kids, but it ended up being much more than three. So yeah, I mean, like it was it was definitely different moving in with him than it was, like, you know, having a long distance relationship. And the long distance to me was was hard because I was working, like I said, as a nurse, and I was doing twelve hour shifts and then like I was working three or four days a week twelve hour shifts, and then I would go visit him for the weekend or whatever the case is. So I was like with him and work and him and work, and then I had a kid too, so I was like exhausted. I was like, we got to figure this out. Either you know, we can't see each other so much, or we see each other once a month instead of every other weekend, or whatever the key is.
Speaker 3: But we got to figure it out. And he's like, well, why don't you just come here? And I was like wait, what like.
Speaker 10: For that, and he's like no, you're good, Like we're in mind you this is date, like I said, day two. He was like, you're gonna be my wife. I'm gonna be with you for the rest of my life. I'm like okay, no, like how you know, and he's like we're getting matching tattoos and I was like okay, and he went first, so I was like, Okay, now I have to go because like, no, you had to do it. After that, I was like, I have to go now. So we have matching tattoos that says love when we hold hands. So I have the O OE and he has the LV.
Speaker 1: That is beyond amazing and adorable. And I'm anytime I hear about couples that just have such a romantic, organic love connection and you know, they they merge these families together and they make it work. It's a beautiful thing. And so you you were married before. How old were you when you met Deontae?
Speaker 10: I was, I'm thirty four now I turned thirty five January twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: I'm like, when is my birthday?
Speaker 10: But I was I want to say twenty five twenty six.
Speaker 1: So that's young. Yeah, that's young. And you were coming you you had been married before. Were you ever afraid of meeting someone new? I don't know if your previous marriage was ugly, if you guys parted ways and it was amicable, but were you afraid of getting into another relationship? Like were you Did you have any battle wounds from your previous marriage?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think like all women, you know, we're strong, we're resilient. And I feel like when it comes to moving on and starting like a new relationship with someone else, I'm gonna speak for women because I'm a woman.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like we don't let.
Speaker 10: In so quickly, you know, hard for us to trust coming from a relationship that didn't work or failed, and you know, my relationship to my ex husband and did in a sense where I feel like I was at peace and okay with like us not being together anymore because he was my high school sweetheart, So like I was like at peace.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, you know it's time. We're ready.
Speaker 10: We're both ready to like grow and you know, have separate lives. And my son was two at the time, and so like he really didn't know any better because so young. So like it was to me that divorce was more of like a clearing and like a peaceful moment. And I didn't wait, Like I'm not I didn't wait. I waited a long time before I like committed to someone and introduced them to my son. And you know, I waited a while, so it wasn't like I was just in another relationship. As soon as I got out of my marriage. It did take time for like me to heal and like, you know, do I want to do this relationship thing again now? Like dating, yes, like I definitely dated, but like a serious, committed relationship. It wasn't until I got with Deionte that I was like, Okay, here's my son, you know, like, this is you know who I come with. This is my you know, bonus. And I have my brother as well too, So my brother. I was like, all right, if I moved there, like, I have my son and my brother, so I come in a package deal.
Speaker 1: The package deal totally.
Speaker 10: So I was like, I'm not leaving my brother to stay Jersey, so my brother's still with us.
Speaker 1: That is really amazing because I feel, you know, I come in the package deal now as well. I come with some brothers, I come with my beautiful daughter. I come with my mama. And if the person that I'm with next can't accept that, then you can get to move in because it's it's all of us or it's none of us, right, And I've always wondered because I'm I'm obviously very newly single. My daughter is only nine months old. When do you know that it's the right time to introduce your baby to someone like I feel like she's such she's like a luxury to be around. You know, you don't just get to meet her, even though she's nine months, you won't remember who you are.
Speaker 10: That's how I feel, too, Like you totally are like my treasures. I'm a lioness when it comes to my kids and if you don't get along with my kids.
Speaker 3: And he's the same way too. Of course about the kids how to swim.
Speaker 10: During COVID, when COVID first started, and all the kids, so all the kids down to the baby knows how to swim. So it's it's just to me like kids, Like you said, it's like a luxury, it's a bonus, it's a treasure. And if I think there's like deal breakers, right like I feel like if you can include me and my family, deal breaker if you can if you don't see your like my kid as your kid, or like as you would treat them equally compared to your kids, or if you don't have kids.
Speaker 3: You know, that is a deal breaker to me too, And he was.
Speaker 10: That's kind of the reason why, or one of the reasons why I fell in love with him is when we came back from our family reunion. I ended up coming back early, so there's no direct flights from where my family is from Alabama, and it's closer to where Deontay lived, So I ended up coming to Deonte's house and I was like, Okay, the catch is I have my.
Speaker 3: Brother and my son with me, you know. And this is after like.
Speaker 10: Meeting him for I don't know, maybe like a weekend or something.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, well, I have X, Y and Z here with me.
Speaker 10: But I was already talking to him for like two weeks on the phone, like you know that no you hang up, you hang up type of situation. I was like, Okay, he's cool enough to like, if he's cool enough to have my brother and my son here, then you know he's good in my book. So and this is like literally just spending a weekend with him, which was a great weekend, which we got matching tattoos. I'm like, all right, you're with me, Like this is it? Like you know, we have tattoos. Now you can't go anywhere. So I brought him, I brought my He was like, yeah, no problem. So I brought my son and my brother and my son woke up in like literally the middle of the night and he was like, mom, like looking for me in the house and he was like, mom, where are you? So he finally finds me and he was like he could sleep in the bed with us. And I was just like, oh, he's like you could sleep in I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: You win, you win the whole game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that was it. That was it for me.
Speaker 10: But yeah, he's one like an exceptional, like amazing father. So that's that's like my number one thing, Like you have to love my kids.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: He's all about kids, and like he wants four more kids and we already have eight. And I'm like, it's not cheaper by the dozen, so't it's not coming up with these numbers, sir.
Speaker 1: I think that's really sweet though. You guys have two kids together, No, we have one. You have one kid together.
Speaker 3: Mine was before him and then his is before me as well too.
Speaker 1: And you're is it a boy?
Speaker 3: We have a girl?
Speaker 1: You have a little girl. And how old is she?
Speaker 3: He's three?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what a fun age.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so much fun and so much personality, like oh yeah, oh my, she's in charge literally of all the other kids, and she's like the baby and she's like, no, guys, we're doing this. Everyone come over here.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 1: So you you meet Deontaey and my my big thing right now because of my breakup and just you know, I got involved with my ex when I was twenty six, which depending on where you where you're from, you know, twenty six could be a grown ass woman. For me, I was still trying to, you know, find my footing. I'm thirty one now and just my eyes are open to the world and what I want out of life. You have built a lot for yourself. There are many women that I find kind of fall into these relationships and then at a certain point they look around and go, I've been living my partner's dreams and none of my own.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, you know what I feel like, a lot of women, like you said, fall into that. And I did as well too, you know, because I left where I was from and came to where he was from, where I knew nobody. My family in Alabama lives four hours away from Deonte's house in Alabama at the time, so I didn't know anyone where we lived. I didn't have any friends and you know in Cali, he dressed differently than they dress in Alabama. So it's just different, completely different. You know, the accents different, the hospitality is different. So it was just completely different for me and nursing out there. The pay cut was like I don't know, like I think it was like thirteen or fourteen dollars less an hour than I was normally. I was like, there's no way I'm going back into the medical field over here because I'm not making any money and then I'm going to be working twelve hour shifts and not feeling like I'm getting paid what I deserve to get paid or what I'm used to getting paid. So for years, it wasn't until after I got pregnant with my daughter actually that I like decided I wanted to focus back on like my own path, you know, because that like he was his career when I met him, his career was like on the rise, you know, he he just became a champion in his career was on the rise, like you know, the entire your time that I've been with him. So it wasn't until I got pregnant with my daughter and I was like I can't just like sit here and do nothing. So I got back into modeling. I was modeling since I was three years old, and I got back into modeling, and then I was like, you know, if I'm not nursing anymore, I need to like open up or start my own business. So I started making jackets like custom vintage to one of one jackets. Then I made masks at our name and Marcus. Then I was like, okay, I want to give back now that I'm in a position to be able to give back. So I went to this academy for women for wags and there was an association for the women of the NFL and the of the NBA, and I was like, well, where's one for boxing? So I created one for the women of boxing. And then we've just done charity events, you know, moving forward for whatever month is you know is going on, whether it's breast cancer, autism, We've done spina bifida because it's eldest daughter was born with spina bifida, so for all his fights, I always do spin and biffida. So it just like you know, continued on and for four years I was talking about this fragrance, like making a unisex fragrance and Deontae was like always pushing it back, go well, wait till we have more kids, or wait till after next fight. And I'm like, all right, sir, it's been four years. What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 10: He was like, okay, well, if you want to do it, just go ahead and do it and just you know, let me know when it's done.
Speaker 3: So I was like, okay, So I did it.
Speaker 10: And by the time, like I picked out the fonts, I sent him the fonts and the name, and he was just like, okay, what's this four And I was like the fragrance. He's like, okay, when are we going to like go test some smells out? And he was I was like, it's done, you know.
Speaker 1: And You're like you just told me to go take the reins and do it and it's done already.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But it took like it took a while. It took like over a little bit over like almost a year to produce. So he just like completely like thought, I just stopped talking about it. And then when I brought up the name, because the name is Dtelly. And when I brought the name and I sent him the fonts, I was like, which font do you like best? And he like circled the one that he liked, which is the same one that I liked, and he was like, what's this for? And I was like the fragrance and he was like ready to, like, you know, explore and smell all the notes.
Speaker 1: Did he love it though? Did he love it when you presented the scent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves it.
Speaker 10: He I put into because I knew, like, I know what he likes it, I know what I like, So I put into consideration both like what he wanted, what I felt he would want in a fragrance, and what I wanted in a fragrance. The bottle is've I gotta send you one. The bottle is gold and red, and his favorite color is like burgundy and gold. So I was like, I put that into consideration. And then I was like, I knew I wanted it to be unisex, so I didn't want it to be too masculine or too feminine. Right, smells completely different on a man than on a woman. It smells more feminine on a woman. And it took like forever to get down to the scent that I was like, I like how that smells on a man, and I like how it.
Speaker 3: Smells on a woman. So it's it's I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: You are beyond inspiring because I think a lot of a lot of women. Again, I'm very passionate about this topic right now, and women having things that are their own, and you know, having a job or a career or something to give them funds for a rainy day. Your rainy day may look very different from mine. You may never have to use it. It could just be saved money for one day you want to go buy a Birken bag, you know, whatever it may be. But the fact that you are in a relationship that you know you were nursing before, so you've all you've always been a hustler with a beautiful heart. It sounds like, and you're also a mother, Like how do you balance? We can all sit here and talk about you know, there's not enough time in one day for you to be a mom, go to the create a business, do all of these things. How do you make it happen?
Speaker 10: You know what I tell people all the time, like's it takes a village. You know, I do have help. I have a nanny that helps me with my daughter, but I also have an amazing team of you know, a manager and assistant publicist, like an amazing team that helps me manage everything, because if it wasn't for them, like my little notes in my phone, I'd be like, oh my gosh, I forgot to do.
Speaker 3: This, I forgot to do that.
Speaker 10: So I have an amazing team of people that help me. But outside of my team, when I'm by myself because obviously you can't. You know, the job doesn't get done unless you do it anyway, right, So I feel like it's just just like Nike, you just do it, you know, you just I mean, one day you have a kid, and then you know you've never had a kid before, you just learn how to be a mom, you know, on the job. Feel like that's been my life. I've always been like a fast learner and I've always been a hustler and a go getter. So I had my son at I was nineteen turning twenty when I had my son, So I was still a baby and I had a baby, and I just learned literally on the job, you know, like breastfeeding was not really my cup of tea. Like I felt like with like I don't know teeth, I feel like because he was like biting my nipple completely off. I was like, I can't do this similar, you know, but no, like I said, you learn on the job as far as like diapers and you know, making sure the baby sleeps and like burping and all that stuff. Like it was like a I was so young and married and I was just like, all right, I just have to learn to do this. And I was the eldest of all my siblings. There's five of us. I'm like, hold on, I said, five of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, count on the fingers.
Speaker 3: I'm the eldest.
Speaker 10: Then my brother he's twenty seven, and then I have twin sisters that are eighteen, and then I have a brother that six yeah.
Speaker 3: Six. Wow, there's a lot of us.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I'm the eldest, so I'm I had to be the responsible one and you know, take care of others. So for me, like having a kid was like watching my siblings. But it's it's more of a like a closer connection in bond, you know, you know as a mother that you have when you have your child.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like a.
Speaker 10: Unconditional, innocent, pure love that it's so hard to explain because you just it just happens, like literally, you know as soon as you're pregnant and you feel like the first kick and.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh my gosh, I just love her or him or.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, I do know.
Speaker 10: It's like undescribable. I can't even describe how it is to have a kid. That's why I feel like kids are blessings. And I'm good with the eighth that we have, though.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm good, I don't need four more, Deonta, so we're rap it up. I one hundred percent. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot like you guys. I mean I'm all about like practicing to make the kid. That's always fun. I encourage you and Deontay to continue doing that, but we want to see everything else that you start coming out with. So I want to take a quick break and then I want to come back and talk to you about a few more things. If that's okay, Absolutely, we'll be right back with Telly Swift. We are back with Telly Swift. So I definitely agree with you and the kids being such a gift. And I feel like if if you can be a mom, when you become a mom, you become a superhero because they are the whole reason for why you do what you do every single day, every decision you make, every you know, business venture that you go into. You know, I'm sure you think about what you want to do, but ultimately it's like, how do I set my kid up for years to come? So I know that you were also on a reality TV show? I do reality TV. It's very weird. It's very strange. You sit there and you have to watch things back and you're like, I remember that differently when you did right you, I hold up, this looks a little different from what I remember. Was there a reason why you were like, yeah, this sounds fun, Like let's do Wags Atlanta and you know, see what it's all about?
Speaker 3: Like what was your experience like reality TV?
Speaker 10: Like I said, I've been modeling since I was three years old, and reality TV living in LA always came to like my attention or always came on my table of like, hey, do you want to do basketball?
Speaker 3: Wise? Do you want to do love and hip hop?
Speaker 10: I'm like, one, I'm not dating someone that was in basketball, so basketball wives for me wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Work, right, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 10: I'm not like a performer. I don't do music. Or I can't even dance, so I'm like, that doesn't work. And then when Wags hit me up, I was already with Deontae and I wanted more so outside of myself. I wanted people to see him outside of his job, which is a boxer, Like you know, people need to see him outside of you know, being aggressive and beating asked for a living. So I was just like, this would be good for you and us as a couple, you know, and so people could see like how much of a father you are and what like you're funny or goofy because people just see him like talking shit and getting asked and I'm like, right, all of who you are, you know. So I wanted people to see like us as a couple, like our foundation, and him more so like as an individual and not like a boxer.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like you got that from the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's crazy.
Speaker 10: He actually proposed to me on the show like that was the finale of the show, and I ended up getting press on the show. So like my whole storyline from the beginning of like when the show aired initially, like I had I wouldn't even call it beef, but I had like I guess a misunderstanding with one of the girls on the show, and that was completely gone. That was completely gone, and my whole story was getting the ring because I got pregnant before I wanted to get pregnant, and that was the whole show. So it was like completely when I got pregnant, and it was crazy because he told them and I lost a baby a year before that, Like, we lost the baby a year before that.
Speaker 1: So sorry, Taly, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 10: Got a blessing in return, so I'm I'm happy with my daughter now. But when we lost the baby, I didn't want and I lost the baby like I want to say, like three or four days before I found out the sex, so it was like four I was like almost I want to say, like a little over four months or just getting to four months.
Speaker 3: So I was already like showing visibly pregnant, and so I didn't want to tell.
Speaker 10: Like the producers, because you know, once you tell them something, they're making a story out.
Speaker 3: Of it, right.
Speaker 10: I was like, I don't want to tell them yet, because like what if something happens and then I have to deal with all the people that's going to know that. I was pregnant and then I lost another baby, and I didn't want that to be like something that I had to be traumatized and lived with again, you know. And he was just so excited that I was pregnant again that he just told the producers and I'm like, oh my gosh, all right, like now I can't stress. And you know, reality TV is stressful, Like they've been inituations that you don't necessarily want to be in or don't want to necessarily like face, I guess. And I was just in situations that I really didn't care to be in, you know, because I was pregnant, and I'm like, I don't want to stress and lose this baby for this conversation with a girl that I can care less about, you know, yeah, I do. I just that part of the reality I didn't care too much about because like they pretty much have control over your likeliness, and like who you are as a person or what you portray on TV is not really who you are in real life. Like reality TV is what they the producers, the you know, the showrunners or whatever, what they want to what they want to produce. So it's kind of like you don't really have control over that so that's the hard part about reality TV in a sense where you don't have control. Luckily, with my situation, it was a little bit different because I got pregnant, So yeah, my storyline was more so like Okay, now that you're pregnant, you can't like just be a girlfriend all your life, you know. So that was kind of like, all right, well, what do you want him to do? And I'm like, okay, here he is like trying to buy me a bigger car SUV and I'm like, okay, but when are we getting married? Like, you know, I have a car, Like we have cars, Like what are we doing car shopping? Like we don't need cars, you know. So then that became my story of like here we are going crib shopping, but where's my ring? Like right here we are going, you know, bracelet shopping, but where's my ring?
Speaker 3: So everything was like okay, but my ring? Okay, but my ring.
Speaker 10: But in reality, like in real life, we were already talking about marriage way before I even got pregnant, So the show kind of made it look like I was just nagging about this ring that we already discussed years before I even got pregnant. But it was kind of like what they wanted to push.
Speaker 1: Of course, because reality TV, what will be the most entertaining and what will give the audience a strong opinion and reaction to this at the end of the day, even though it's quote unquote real things that are happening. You know, you're filming I don't know how long Wags filmed for vander Pump Rules. Films for like four months, every single day, eight hours a day sometimes, and then you chop that down to an hour episode for however many you see very little and that's that's hard. I'm sure it was hard for you too. You're watching this show and you're like, this is entertaining as fuck, Like I dig it, but then people talking about you, you're like, I don't even recognize the person that they're talking about, and.
Speaker 10: It's me right now, one hundred and ten percent completely get it. And like I said, when we started filming, it was like the person that I was filming with I didn't really care to film with, and they knew.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they had you two together all the time.
Speaker 10: Then right, like, well, the person that like I was cool with on the show, we were cool, so it was kind of like me and her, But then you know, the other girl that I wasn't cool with, she kind of teamed up with someone and it was kind of like a one of the girls came to like a married man's house in like lingerie, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the memo.
Speaker 10: I didn't know this is what we're doing, you know, and there's married men in here, there's men in relationships in here, Like why are you coming with your titties out?
Speaker 3: Girl? Like this not cute or classy or do this? You know?
Speaker 10: So that started drama, and like all that was on like the beginning, you know, episodes and stuff like that, so it kind of like that kind of faded out, and you know, then it became the story of like what are you guys going to do with your relationship?
Speaker 3: Are you guys going to be.
Speaker 10: Together, you know, or are you guys just gonna have a baby and you know be together.
Speaker 1: Did you feel pressured from producers or did Deonta feel any pressure?
Speaker 10: I honestly feel like there was a lot of pressure going on, but like Deonte and me are both people that like aren't going to let people tell us what to do. So it was kind of you know, there's certain certain scenes in the episodes where, for example, like they wanted me to take a pregnancy test, so I was like, okay, cool, and they were like, all right, this is how you know, you're going to present it to him. I'm like, okay, what do I look like just presenting him a stick in like our row, you know what I'm saying in.
Speaker 3: The house, like you know.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, this isn't what I would typically do, but it's kind of like, all right, well, We're going to have to show that I'm pregnant somehow, some way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like the way.
Speaker 10: And even though we already knew I was pregnant, like we had to kind of act surprised, you know, like, oh my god, right, you're pregnant. We're pregnant, And you know, he was more surprised than I was, because I was like, I know, I'm pregnant, you know what, I'm sorry. So it was it's like that type of stuff. Or like for example, like the girl that I didn't get along with, you know, they'd be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have a lunch date with someone, and I'm like, who is it?
Speaker 10: Because you guys know, I don't want to film with who I don't want to film with and then and I'm like, okay, well, I'm just letting you know that this is how I'm coming because I'm not about to stress out because I'm pregnant, you know. Like there's certain times that I was like, Okay, well, if you guys are going to have a group filming situation and she's going to be there, like, I don't want to argue today, so I'd rather just not go.
Speaker 1: So would you ever do it again? Would you ever if if if someone came to you and said, we want you on a reality show or do you think you've had enough?
Speaker 10: I would do it if I had control over like I guess producing like uh producers on the show, where I have control over what goes out, I would do that. But as far as just like being a talent on the show, I probably wouldn't do it again because it's just unless it's like a positive like woman empowerment show, then I would do that. Like I get that there has to be some type of drama, but not drama to the point where it breaks up families or like, yeah, that type of drama.
Speaker 1: It becomes a very a very negative space. If you can't compartmentalize real life from real life. I guess you know, unless you're you're filming, you put that hat on, you know what the drill is, and then when you go home you can separate the two. It can become a very toxic environment. So I get it. And when you're going toes with women all day and you know we're all sitting here talking about how we're supposed to lift each other up, but then I'm supposed to drag this bitch right, it's kind of a mind fuck. And yeah, you you have a term that I've never heard before, fempowerist, Like what does that mean for for listeners who have never heard that before.
Speaker 10: Initially, when I trademarked the word fem power is, I wanted to create like an app for women to empower women to just be like, you know, great and mentally be great too. It's not just physically, because it had like, well what I initially got it for, Like I wanted to do fitness, fitness tips, dating tips, motivational daily quotes just like every dud's and don'ts, and relationships or when it like like you said, when is it okay to present your kid? Or one is it okay to burb or fart in front of a man or just you know, like little I I would want, you know, coming out of a marriage or a relationship or just being single, you know, like things that you I feel like women need to know coming into relationships or just being a woman. Like you know, there's a lot of women that don't know how to be lady like or don't have you know, etiquette, and so it was kind of like one of those type of situations. But the app developer that I had it didn't work out, so that I have yet to do. So I trademark the word, and you know, now I'm kind of like, do I want to get into that field of apps or more so because I love clothes and fashion so much that I kind of want to turn the fem powers brand into like an ath leisure like where for women that extenuates like your curves and oh.
Speaker 1: I love that, but I have a flat ass. Can you do something that accentuates my flat ass too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The lifers and everything, girl, don't worry.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. I love the word fempowerist, and I think it's amazing too. The app ideas obviously genius, but to turn it into an as leisure line because we're all out here wanting to like look like we worked out or we really did work out and then put it on with some heels and like go to work at the clurb.
Speaker 3: Well right exactly.
Speaker 10: And I kind of wanted to be like, you know, Tom would Tom Brown, Like it's like they have like sweats, but you could still wear it out the club, or you could still wear it to the airport and be fashionable but still be comfy.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of what I want.
Speaker 10: But more so instead of fashion and comfy, I want to add, like, you know, like a woman. So I want to insinuate like you know, underboob or like butt lift or like curbs, like you know, to where the stitching like makes.
Speaker 3: You look more curvy than you naturally are.
Speaker 10: Or just like just to extenuate like just being a woman and being powerful. And I kind of wanted to go towards that as opposed to the app because I feel like, you know, there's people that have apps, and there's people that have athletes or where too, but like I wanted to solely focus on like womenism and just like being a strong, powerful woman.
Speaker 1: I love that I love everything about what you just said, and I think that you are incredibly inspiring from your work ethic. Of course, I think it's important when a woman is doing something great that we let them know they're doing great. So I want you to tell our listeners and me how we can get involved in your Boxing Wags Association.
Speaker 10: Yes, so Boxing Wags we have the women of boxing. Like like I said, we do like all types of different events. The last event I did, I collaborated with Cookies. Cookies is a cannabis company and we had a toy drive for the children and we donated toys to children that were in need, so I collaborated with them. Before that, I had an event in Vegas with Versace and Balenciaga, so where we shop and the proceeds go to charity of their choice. So we just collaborate with different walks of people or different whatever is going on at the month. Next event I probably because I have the Fragrance going on right now, so it's like twenty million things twenty million times.
Speaker 3: But the next event will probably be I want to I want fingers crossed to probably be around like March, okay March or something like that.
Speaker 10: But all all the events and information you can find at Boxing Wags Association on Instagram and our website is Boxingwagsassociation dot org. Everything that we do or have going on is on both of those pages.
Speaker 1: Amazing, dude, thank you so much for joining me on Give Them Laala today. I'm sure you've inspired all of my listeners as well. You look absolutely I'm gonna go try and get my get up like how you have yours.
Speaker 3: Helpful girl, You're beautiful, You are amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my love, and we'll keep in touch. And I'm trying to try this fragrance. Where can people buy this?
Speaker 10: Yes, so you can buy it at D Teley D T E L l I Fragrances dot com and we are going to be in store soon.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 10: We're going to be in Norstrums and Bloomingdale's in the following month, so I'm super.
Speaker 3: Excited for that. Girl.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of everything you have going on. It's so grateful to have you. So go enjoy your day and I hope to talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you.