Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Do You Cook?
Speaker 3: I okay, So Ken is the cook in the relationship. I'm learning to cook. I know how to cook a spaghetti. I know how to cook like rosemary, garlic potatoes. So if I have a cookbook, I can cook it. But without it, I am useless.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, waait you should start practicing and cooking and then you could have a cookbook.
Speaker 5: Oh makes me called ooh Gypsy's treats. Wait, I'm really good with with Yeah, take it from me. I mean you already have, but always put your name in a title, right, Yeah, if you have a great name.
Speaker 2: Do you like your name?
Speaker 3: I feel like I have like grown up with it so much that like I feel like I like when somebody else says that their name is Gypsy and like, but I have Gypsy. It's just my name. But as tags that I loathe my name. Other times I like it. Depending on the day.
Speaker 4: You know what you're going to start to see in the next generation, You're going to meet people there to say their name is Gypsy and they're gonna say, my mom named me after you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rose, I mean I like, I like you know, my name is Gypsy Rose, So.
Speaker 2: I like the rose part.
Speaker 3: Where's your name come from?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: My dad said that it came from guns and roses, like he was a bag guns of roses fan. I have no idea of the reference. I don't know either, That's what my dad says.
Speaker 2: So that's so much.
Speaker 3: Are you to buy Christie's right here?
Speaker 2: Christy? Can I meet you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm I will switchy, switchy so next to me?
Speaker 2: Can my fanger on?
Speaker 3: Just he is a big fan of yours.
Speaker 2: Oh my good would be here today? O? Hi, Hi? Are you good? Doing great? How are you? I'm okay?
Speaker 4: So I owe you an ice bucket challenge?
Speaker 2: Yes you do.
Speaker 4: I do because Gypsy and I talked about it on an d M and I was like nervous to ask her, but I was like, here goes nothing. I was like, tell Christy, I'll do the ice bucket challenge if you come on my podcast.
Speaker 2: She's like, okay, she showed do I do it? You know? I mean there's a reason why.
Speaker 1: I had asked you because I'm dyslexic and y'all were the first oh that I've seen that had someone a student with dyslexia, and it touched home for.
Speaker 4: Me, so thank you. I wish they had gone further with that storyline.
Speaker 2: It's rough, you know, growing up with it. It's hard.
Speaker 4: When I did it when I was God, I was young, so I was like seventeen when I did it. I don't think I understood the magnitude of dyslexia and how it can impact and make you feel amongst your peers, especially when you're a teenager.
Speaker 2: It's only now that I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Back, I'm like, oh my gosh, that was a big one because everyone always focuses with my character Johnna Martin on Beverly Hills and about Donna drink and like almost didn't graduate and got kicked out of prom, but no one ever goes back to dyslexia. So I'm always excited when fans come up and say thank you. That was impactful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't have much screaming my names and graduate, but if they did make, you know, sign a card.
Speaker 2: Congratulating me, you know, for graduating. Yeah, I mean, it's it's rough.
Speaker 1: I went to therapy every friday from like fifth grade to ninth grade to retrain my brain because it was with saul On was no numbers reversed algebra.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet that's where I was. I bet math was terrible.
Speaker 2: Math was terrible. It was hard, maths terrible for everyone.
Speaker 3: Was my least favorite subject.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Wait, so Aurora gets to go out with you for the first time.
Speaker 2: Well, world, no, for I'm keeping her.
Speaker 3: She is taking.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have her authority and you could leave. She could. She's she's I'm a watcher.
Speaker 3: So Aurora is gonna call her law. So she's not going to my grandma. She's going by Lolly, and so Lollly is gonna watch her while mommy and daddy haven't dined out with friends.
Speaker 4: Right, where does lolly come from?
Speaker 1: I just thought of my grandfathers were called pop, So I was like, we're gonna call Rod pop and lollipop you know.
Speaker 2: Oh you know that's adorable. Yeah. So I mean, like my mom, they'll call her gig, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like I'm too young to be a grandmother called mama granny.
Speaker 2: So that's where it really comes from.
Speaker 1: Right. But I mean, look, I hold her and I'm like Lolly, Lolly lo. I'm like, I'm determined for her to.
Speaker 2: Say it, and she we swear she did. Like twice she said.
Speaker 3: Dada, like a day before Father's Day. Stop and I was over the moon. And I'm like I kept looking at the video again and again and again. I'm like, oh my god, she really said it was.
Speaker 2: Mom right.
Speaker 4: It's wild and you'll see once you have more kids, it's very different. They're all unique and what they accomplish at what times. And yeah, my firstborn said.
Speaker 2: Dad, dad first, and I was like, oh, crushed. We carry them.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, we're the ones looking up at the you know, all hours of the night, bottle feeding or breastfeeding.
Speaker 2: But she gets her mommy.
Speaker 1: She lose.
Speaker 4: Then when you get your second, you're like please, you know, I don't want to be two and oh so it's like yeah, my second said mama, and I was like, oh, thank god.
Speaker 3: So it is possible for them to say.
Speaker 4: It changes everything each of them do. That's what's so amazing. I mean, you were an only child, but like growing like I don't know, it's just there's so much that they do differently and so much they do alike. That's just wildly fascinating to watch each of them grow and be unique. So you're gonna go out with Ken for mom and dad night out. Yes, she's going to have her first drink.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. I'm very excited for her. I wish I could be there with her.
Speaker 1: Me too, because you know, Ken might have to over her hair back or hairy hairback or something you know later that evening.
Speaker 2: But you know, but I think or she might have to hold his what do you mean he has nine?
Speaker 3: Girl? But shave it all.
Speaker 1: I think she's like a sweet and fruity drink girl. That's what I am alike.
Speaker 2: Like I told her whiskey sour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be I'm I knew it is on the record a video of me doing the whiskey sour just for you.
Speaker 2: Do it taste? I drop it? Okay, okay? Perfect? Oh my gosh. I think I think she's gonna like it.
Speaker 4: She likes sour patch kids, right, they can get they can get dangerous because they taste like you're not drinking alcohol.
Speaker 1: Right, that's like a Long Island iced tea or a Hawaiian punch you think you drink.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I got those. Got me in trouble with your thoughts? Yeah, yeah, I wonder what you feel like on tequila?
Speaker 4: Oh my God to tell us when you like go away for the first time on vacation, like you and know, okay do that?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Okay, but no, when I ask about you going out with Aurora, I mean like, okay, so you'll go out with Ken first, but then your first outing, Like what will that be like, so you're not allowed to go to her doctor visits or oh no, I am.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, so I you know, usually it's me and Christy that take her visits and stuff like that. We have like Ken and I have been out in the public with her before.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry, educate me. So you're allowed to go out within your town. There's certain limits what you can do anywhere?
Speaker 2: Okay anywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So so parole the only limitations that parole. It's very different than it's like I could leave the state with my parole officers permission, I just need two weeks in advance. Like the last six months, Aurora and I have been going back and forth between Ken's house in New Orleans and my home here with my parents, and so it's like we've been kind of ping ponging back and forth. But now this week I can move in with Ken and we could be a full time family and being off of parole, we can go on vacation anywhere, have no restrictions. So next month, but we are going on vacation and I cannot wait. We're going to beach.
Speaker 2: We stay where now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're it'll be me, Aurora, Ken, dadd and Christie.
Speaker 2: It is in the US. There.
Speaker 1: You don't show the emulator. Okay, let us know some good spots. Oh, I'm sure you've been there.
Speaker 2: One might be wrong, thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think I know where you're going next month?
Speaker 3: Next time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we might go. Okay, well we'll talk later on each other. When are you and Ken getting married?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Like on the show he went bring shopping, but he hasn't told me if he like got a ring or if he didn't get a ring, Like he's been so big about it and so like parties hoping that maybe we're on vacation. But I know, but you guys want that right, yes, Like I know that he has already talked to my dad and gotten my dad's blessing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I talked to that about it, okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know, fossil sub no. I just didn't know.
Speaker 4: I just didn't know if you had hesitations having been married and divorced.
Speaker 1: There is there is love of her life.
Speaker 3: There is a big difference. It's like, you know what I what I learned in my first marriage is that, you know, I understand that there's going to be times that you know, will be kind of dull, and it's it's not so much about staying in the honeymoon phase. It's about, you know, looking at the relationship in its entirety as hey, this step family. We have to look at it as if there's no no out, you know, in this relationship. We have a child together, so it's like we have a family, We have that love. We have stood through thick and thin of this last year and a half of going through so much. So I think we have what it takes now. It's just kind of about, you know, realizing what we need to do to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has a good support system and he does too.
Speaker 4: He does so he seems great. Do you think if there had never been a Ken, he would have stayed with Brian.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think that Ken was the catalyst that helped me create my decision. Ken was the catalyst that helped me to give me the courage to, you know, say, hey, this relationship, this marriage is not it's not where my heart is. And I don't know how long it would have taken me to pluck up the courage had it not been for Ken. But at the end of the day, I still would see myself ending the marriage regardless.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 4: Would you ever do obviously reality like you've got a docuseries and documentary, but would you ever do like a competition reality show like to you know, I always seeing her dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean that's the thing. I feel like I'm not talented with anything. I can't sing, I can't dance.
Speaker 2: But maybe Gypsy Christy is she talented or anything?
Speaker 4: She she got some moves, got personality for yeah, I got personality.
Speaker 1: I mean she I think. I mean, look, she's not the greatest thing. Okay, and neither in lie, but.
Speaker 2: I was tone deaf. I went on mass singer.
Speaker 1: I know I watched that season that you were on, and I think she would be like screwed.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just gonna go and have fun.
Speaker 3: Right right, I do it just to have fun.
Speaker 2: Which would you choose first.
Speaker 3: Dance the Stars.
Speaker 2: The Stars, I like.
Speaker 1: Some of them that were on there and that couldn't dance at all, right, just saying they've never approached you.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I never put myself out there in that way. Like I was always you know, trying to you know, pick projects that focused on sharing my story. So it's like I never kind of dove into reality to be other than that.
Speaker 2: So well, she text the producer, go for it really.
Speaker 4: Now, like, I mean they're starting this season, so I'm sure, but next season? Yeah, on do you do you know who Anna Delvy is?
Speaker 3: The name sounds familiar, She to google her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very complicated past, different situation, but people either love her or hate her for what she did and.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay, that's all I know. I'm like, all I know is so so yeah, everyone was like.
Speaker 4: The preconceived notions about what someone did and whether you agree with them or don't agree with them came into play when I did Dancing with the Stars with her, you know, everyone was like the noise, the outside noise, which it's hard not to let that get to.
Speaker 2: You, you know.
Speaker 4: And and yeah, so anyway I met her, and I'm like you know what, I'm just gonna go into this innocent and accept her for who she is. We ended up becoming good friends, Like we're still good front and people are always like to this day, like, you know, is that a good look that you're friends with Annadelby? And I'm like yeah, because people's past are their past, and it's like right, it's up to them to create the future and we can't define their past by how we feel about them.
Speaker 2: I really like her, like yeah, so yeah, okay, so you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Do Dancing with the Stars. It's a pass on mass singer.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Don't you love that you like to cook? You enjoy cooking. I love cooking. I mean I know you love baking. I think cooking first.
Speaker 1: I used to watch your reality show with you and Dean, Like I said, I'll watch everything that you've done. Maybe I'll should get it together and cook something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Do you have a cook cajun?
Speaker 2: No, but we can teach you.
Speaker 3: Oh we need to make you. Have you make a gombo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gumbo not turtle soup, though I don't want to no, no, no.
Speaker 3: None of that weird stuff, Like I he's like a gombo. But Yeah, do you guys bake? I like to make. I like to make cupcakes, not from we don't go from scratch. I like to make them the box.
Speaker 2: The boxes are good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, made a career out of doing part you know, already made and part homemade.
Speaker 2: But she good icing, so everybody loves it. Yeah, I in it.
Speaker 4: Well not real extract extract. Oh I make a wine cake again.
Speaker 2: The alcohol always cooking. It doesn't really count. But yeah, okay, we'll have to. We'll have to. Okay, so we're gonna bake.
Speaker 4: We're gonna cook. This is going to be a fun and fruitful relationship. I can already feel it. Did you ever do voiceover work? You have such an engagement.
Speaker 3: I would my sister.
Speaker 4: There's huge money in that, like if you can nail that market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: Say though, when I recorded my book, that was the most stressful process I think that I have ever underwent, because it's like reading in studio. I realized that, you know, you have to read exactly word for word how it is printed in the book. And there's so many times that we just kind of, you know, talk how we want to talk, and sometimes the way we talk is not grommatically correct. So I had to do line for line again and again and again a good hundred one hundred and fifty times, and I cussed so much in the booth. I was in the booth for five days and I cussed every bit of it away because I'm like, this is so difficult. So I give mad props to all the people that you know, do audio books for a living.
Speaker 4: It's not easy. Was there video recording you doing this? Even just the sounds? Wouldn't that be a fun blooper thing.
Speaker 3: I'm sure my editor has it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, I've written books, and every book I did, I had the same exact thing.
Speaker 2: I'd say it wrong the line even.
Speaker 4: Though I wrote it, I just got going same as what you're saying and then I'd be like a fu fuck and it was just like over. And no one understands that process.
Speaker 3: They're probably so.
Speaker 2: Used to it in the editing book. Yeah, I think there was a good therapy for her, another form of you know.
Speaker 1: Cathartic the words, but to say them out loud when everything was like in order and just going through it. It was emotional for her. But I was like, it's a good form of therapy.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud to say it. It's almost real, more real than when you just write it down. I understand that. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I have one last question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, people have asked you this in the movie the act, How did you feel about Joey King?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: I think Okay, So I did not watch all of the act. I watched probably about thirty minutes of it when I got out. She watched it all. But I think Joey King did an amazing job playing me. I even dmmed her like last February January February, and I told her, congratulations, I think you've got my stampard approval. You did a wonderful job, and so that she respond yeah, yeah, she said that, you know, she hoped that she portrayed me to the fullest extent that she hoped, you know, it met my approval. It was a huge undertaking, but it was a great exchange, and I really like, I really appreciate her courage for taking on such a complex role in story.
Speaker 1: So for her not visiting with Gipsy, you know you normally meet it, yeah, think uh, because Michelle.
Speaker 2: Dean didn't allow it. And that's the produce.
Speaker 3: One of the producers that's a whole story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And but I even was like, Joey King nailed it, you know, the voice and everything that.
Speaker 3: She's going to visit you No, no, uh, there's a lot behind uh the act that nobody talked about, and that was you know, And essentially Hulu and the producers stole my story and made a huge successful show out of it. Didn't pay me, life rights, didn't come to talk to me, didn't have any conversations to know what was accurate what was not accurate. So to this day, a lot of people are like, you know, they will go off of the events that they've seen and the details that they've seen on the act, and they are incorrect because it was filler. It was filled in by producers.
Speaker 2: Af sure, but that's a whole other story.
Speaker 3: But something like that. But essentially I spoke out from behind bars and let them know I don't support this, like this is wrong. You're taking a tragic event and you are hollywooding in on up and now people when they write me, they're confused because they don't know fact from fiction. That's why I encourage So many times people are like, I've never heard of you, you know, I tell them go watch HBO documentary Mommy Teddy instead of saying go watch the act, because you know, one is factual and one is Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the act was so over dramatic when there's so much drama already.
Speaker 3: And my life.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, why what did they over dramatize? What didn't they over dramatize? Really some stuff. I just tried to roll my head.
Speaker 1: And it's been a while, but what I did, what I did was in touch. I debunked the things that were wrong, and yeah, I wasn't gonna allow them to just say, yeah, this is how it is. No boot, that's not how it was, you know, So I got to say a lot of things, but it was you know a lot of people are like the guinea pigs from what we were told, because like I had guinea pigs like I had, but I think Joey King was allergic to cats.
Speaker 2: That's why they chose guinea pigs.
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh she did leave them all at else there wasn't any stilling.
Speaker 4: Wait, sorry I heard that you didn't have guinea pigs.
Speaker 3: I didn't have guinea pigs, no cats, So.
Speaker 2: There was just like, what is that something they would know, like who did they talk about? I think Joe was allergic to cats.
Speaker 1: Oh see, Michelle Deane had called Rod and I and did a great article one of the story, and she called us and was like, oh look, Hulu has reached out. They really loved the article, you know, and we had our conversations, and you know, she was like, I'm gonna promise House anything they give me, I'm gonna cut it, you know, down the line.
Speaker 2: Just's gonna get half. And then she ghosted ghosted.
Speaker 1: Then I was like, me and Gypsy had to talk on the phone, and I reached out to her again.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, you.
Speaker 1: Know, what you're doing is rome YadA, YadA, YadA, and and.
Speaker 2: She was like, well, I was the press. It takes two seconds to say how you doing, you know or whatever. And at that time I was so frustrated with it.
Speaker 1: All because there was no promises, you know, like I was like, can I have it in writing? And oh no, I'm good, it'll you know, it'll be good. I'm gonna give Gypsy half of what I made off of it, and she didn't, so like she blocked me on everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I was a little more ruthless witter, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: I was pissed, to say the least.
Speaker 3: And I was just in prison and didn't have control over anything going on.
Speaker 1: And that's why story she didn't want any of them to talk to anybody they were playing, because they knew I was going to say something, you know, out of sets, you know, oh my hair talking. We know.
Speaker 3: She just wants to say she has at so good she is. She's just looking at us and kicking away in her little chair there and eating HER's.
Speaker 4: Was there any portrayal of any character character to your life? But you know me anyone in your life that it was a character in the movie that they did get right?
Speaker 2: Do you think no?
Speaker 1: They got they got Aliyah all wrong. She was her name was Lacy and the show they played her as a disrespect to, you know, to her mom and everything, and she's totally opposite, totally opposite of what they portrayed her to be. I wasn't really in it so much except for one scene.
Speaker 2: But they get the story of Nicholas right at all.
Speaker 1: Watch it pretty much, you know, I think there was He was the only one that I think that I saw was that Okay, there's not too much, you know, to complain about. But then there were, and I felt sorry for the actor because I'm like, oh, got it.
Speaker 2: Do I just notice you? You? You know, they're making you look like an idiot? Yea, there really are. I mean I'm a blunt person and I just say it like it is.
Speaker 1: But you know, as far as you know, dedity, I think they did really well. When Rod watched it, he only watched about the same amount as her, and he was like, is that Patricia Arch kid? And I was like, yeah, He's like, oh my god, I'll never look at her same again, because I mean they did. You know, she didn't look nothing like herself.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm going to go.
Speaker 4: But it was so nice to me, so pleasure, meaning you. I hope to meet you in person one day, but.
Speaker 2: Let's make that happen. We will, all right. And I have a very ice bucket challenge. I know, yes, I can't wait to watch it. And it was my extensions. Okay, it was cool.
Speaker 3: You really quick, you just hop in the hot shower, you get really.
Speaker 1: Agh.
Speaker 2: It's popular.
Speaker 1: Go get really hot first outside and then it's gonna feel do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm having to do a change.
Speaker 2: That's changed.
Speaker 3: But I mean after I watched probably about thirty minutes of it, and I started to kind of be really nitpeaky about, you know, the trailer of my Mom, and I was just kind of like, she wouldn't have done that. Notice that's not how she would have said it or anything like that. So I feel like, because I lived with my mom day in and day out, I definitely was more critical of her portrayal of my mom. Then then Joey's portrayl be.
Speaker 4: So if you had it to do over and you were in control, who would you cast as you?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel like Joey did a really good job. I always thought maybe Millie Bobby Brown. I always liked her, so I definitely, you know, I think that Joey though, did a really good job. And I mean it's one of those things. It's kind of like whenever you look at a show or a film and you're like, I can't see anybody else playing that character once you know, once you see it the visual, you can't see anybody else do it.
Speaker 2: So I understand, well, thank you, go be with the Aurora. The feet, don't you just love the feet? No?
Speaker 3: It was so squeaky.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I used to just like sniff all my baby's feet and like kiss them and like they're so soft. And I always said I was going to like do something, do craft. I craft a lot dy So I wanted to do something with the baby's feet. And I said this with every baby, and then of course all of them got big, and now my eight year old his feet are like huge, and I'm like, oh, I never did anything with the baby feed like because you can't get that back. And that's the thing, like you'll see when she gets older. You missed the baby feet so much.
Speaker 3: I know I want to get I have a few tattoos on me, but I want to get something to represent her. My cousin is a preessional tattoo artist and he's done all my tattoos, so I want to get something to represent her, and I was thinking maybe the feet.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I just found this insanely beautiful artistic tattoo artists online. That's something totally different, but fine lines. I'm toscended to you. I know you want your cousin to do it, but this person is like I'm like, oh my gosh, it's like getting the essence of the person without like it being their face or it being like their exact foot. It's like an outline she puts into flowers kind of. It's really cool, like something i'd be interested in. Yeah, I'd never seen it before, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would do it for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, my friend, thank you for taking the time with from your baby to do this. And I look forward to that whiskey stour video doing the ice Bucket challenge. We're going on vacation together. I mean, we have lots to do in the future. I'm getting you on Dancing with the Stars, although you can get yourself on Dancing with the Stars, but I'm just going to advocate for you.
Speaker 2: We have lots to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh my gosh. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You have a whole life ahead of you, and you know, things can only define you as much as you let them define you. And it looks like you're really taking that step towards making you your own world, with your own man, with your own baby, and with your own power inside. So thank you, so much, Thank you, and I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: All right, have a good rest of your day, you too.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.