Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Well look what they did.
Speaker 2: They bought the old krusty scout out the.
Speaker 3: Draft Show here. How about that, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian brought us here. Nick Harris, Aisha Morrison, Bobby Belt soon to be on his way. Bobby's got like a morning job he has to take care of, so hopefully we'll hopefully we'll have him on board here. But yeah, you got us today for the Draft Show. We're excited to be back.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Derek posted a picture.
Speaker 2: I saw me and looked like that picture looked like from like nineteen sixty three, you know, but that was the old Valley Ranch days. Those are the first days of the Draft Show. Super super excited to for where we've come. It's nice to be back in this chair again. I'm not gonna lie to you. I love everybody that hosts here, and I think it's so cool. But to be able to run with one of these shows today with you guys, especially on the day of our Draft one oh one right by the way. And I also want to say to this show, the Draft Show is presented by Miller Lite. That's taste you can depend on. So I love me some Miller Lite too. But yeah, we got Draft one on one tonight. You guys excited about that? Kind of nervous for your first one.
Speaker 5: I'm a little nervous because all the humans, But I can't wait to meet some of the fans and take some of their questions and see, you know, just kind of see. I think we just get an opportunity to see what the fan base feels like and some of theirs and what they think things are going to be like, and yeah, and kind of prepare for next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be a little bit of crowd controlling, because then it's gonna turn into like a town hall type deal where they're just airing out their grievances and we're like, well, I don't need a gabble, but no, no, no, it's gonna be fun. I'm excited about it come out and yeah, let's let's have.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, it's a it is a it is an invitation only. It's kind of like the Masks.
Speaker 6: Sorry, you gotta get to qualify it and to invite yourself last week but didn't.
Speaker 3: But there's a couple of ways of doing this though.
Speaker 2: It's going to be on Dallas Cowboys dot Com on the platforms UH and it's also going to be on one O, five to three the Fan on their website as well.
Speaker 3: So if you're.
Speaker 2: UH, out of the out of the the area, out of the country, wherever, please give us a listen to night. It's gonna be a couple hours of really taking It's gonna be like Twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 3: You know, you're gonna get a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: UH. We're gonna have an opportunity to have some opinions on some of these players. It's really really a fun night. It's one of the favorite things that we do. And I'm thinking thank Miller Lite for helping out and thank the Jones family for hosting UH here.
Speaker 3: This is a unique opportunity.
Speaker 2: We've had it over at our place at over at Odyssey, and now to have it at the where the players the auditorium, Man, that is super super cool. It will be cool, So look forward to that tonight. What I want to do today. I want to start this show about Okay, there little hiccups.
Speaker 7: Nervous about what's going on.
Speaker 3: Get to the hiccups.
Speaker 5: Okay, it off.
Speaker 3: Until I brought it up. I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't talked much about And this used to be a responsibility of mine when I was with the Cowboys back all the way back in two thousand and five. And now Todd Williams and out of Pacific and those guys, they do a good job of this. And this is the trading up and trading back. You've heard about the trade charts and stuff like that, and I've worked up some as here where I've taken the chart and I'm going to try and take you back to a couple of places. I got a few places I want to take you back to. First off, Nick, you're interested in going back, aren't you? Right? Very much?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So going into this draft for you, if you were sitting in the war room, you would be let's move no matter what.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 7: Not necessarily. There's two guys.
Speaker 6: I would take a twenty four okay, Graham Barton if he were to follow twenty four.
Speaker 7: Okay, and Troy Fatanu if he were to follow twenty four.
Speaker 6: Okay, if either of those guys or if both of those guys are off the board getting on the phones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I show you interested in you. You're kind of the same way. It has to be maybe a guy or two that you really like, or are you interested in trying to recoup a pick or two as we go along here?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I agree, I think it has to be a guy that I really like. But also too, I think if you have the opportunity we've talked about, if you have the opportunity to get into that fourth round and any way, then.
Speaker 9: That you need to do it. It's just the way this board is and how top heavy it is.
Speaker 5: It's just hard to believe that there's not going to be so much value there on some players we really like in that fourth round.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. I think. You're both right about this.
Speaker 2: I my plan would be going in I would have if if I was running the draft, I would have my pro guys on the phones right now, throwing chum in the water. I'm trying to get people interested, like listen, hey, we're we're here for business. We're open. You got my number. You know, if you're thinking about moving up, come on here we are you know, don't don't don't feel like you have to go ahead of us, you know, if you need if your guys there, But let me ask you another thing. As we look at this draft, and another reason why we might need to bail other than getting the picks, I'm getting a vibe that all these offensive players are going to go early.
Speaker 3: In this draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, is the best player on our board potentially going to be a defensive guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's that's what reality thinks.
Speaker 6: So you look at you look at the edge rushers that you could probably probably expect to come off.
Speaker 7: In the twenties. Yeah, if li all to Law two falls.
Speaker 6: To that shut range, you got Chop Robinson, you got Darius Robinson. There's a lot of different guys that I think could be there in the twenties. But do you are you saying would you take that defensive guy if.
Speaker 2: He is That's what I'm That's what I'm asking you, guys. Yeah, because you know, you guys have told You've got me convinced that you know, hey, we've got to fix this offensive line one way or another. We've got to find a way a tackle. We've got an option to tackle. We can move our guy. You know that's not you know, not very good. You're not a fan of that. Yeah, but you know you might get over voted in the room.
Speaker 7: I'm okay with it. It's just not my preference.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we're so we're but you know that might be a possibility. You know, we're all kind of thinking about the center. Our centers are a little banged up though, you know, but we're looking at him. The thing that I'm starting to hear more and more and more is all these quarterbacks go, some of these receivers go, these offensive lineming go. We might be at twenty four looking at a defensive player that that all of a sudden, now we're comfortable taking our BYU offensive tackle at twenty four. You know, we that might be where we're at. We might be stuck. We might be stuck where all those all those offensive players are gone and now we're looking at defensive guys as the best player, right.
Speaker 9: I mean, for me, listen, I know, like I know.
Speaker 5: Bobby feels feels very strongly about not getting another DT. Yeah, early, but just the way that DT typically falls where you know, they typically aren't off the board into some of that that twenty range or whatever. If I see Byron Murphy is there, I don't know if I'm not gonna skip over that.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I'm just.
Speaker 5: Gonna be like, no, I'm cool on him or whatever. This d you don't have depth at the defensive interior right now.
Speaker 9: It's a problem. Even on the offensive side. You've brought it up. You have brock k Hoffmann, you do have a TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass, you do have an awesome Richards that maybe you just don't know everything from you just yet, but you do have guys on the offense. Maybe you ain't got that over there on defense right now, and you've lost a lot of depth at edge. To you guys's point about there maybe being a defensive player there that you're interested in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I understand Bobby's points to the fact of Bayern Murphy being a three tech and you don't need a three tech necessarily in this draft overall, much less with the very first pick that you take. So with that in mind, would y'all be okay with Darius Robinson. I mean, he's a guy that I was about to say him He's a guy that could play from three to seven. He's very versatile, he's two hundred and eighty pounds, he's a great run defender. If that's what ends up happening, where all the offensive linemen are off the board, you don't feel comfortable with who's available, maybe you've traded back into that twenty eight to thirty two range.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you take Darius Robinson. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Compan Yeah?
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm with you. No, go ahead, quick, No, I.
Speaker 5: Like it because to your point, the versatility, and I think you do need that on the defensive line right now, especially with some of the losses that you've taken at the edge position and things like that. Now, I understand that Byron Murphy is considered a three tech.
Speaker 9: I also think.
Speaker 2: That you've seen him play some one two haven't.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think he's capable, But I also do consider who these guys are playing next to. Yeah, and when you're playing next to Homie Jesus, Like, when you're playing.
Speaker 9: Next to what is the guy playing next to him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean you're gonna be able to do some more three techy things because people are having to commit to double team in him and having to deal with him.
Speaker 9: So I do think I.
Speaker 5: Would be I was literally about to just bring him up. I would be okay with Darius Robinson as well, because of the versatility.
Speaker 2: All Right, potentially with all these keep an eye on this, with all these offensive players, maybe going ahead of you, you might be wiped out thinking about that. You know, you might be looking at when they's so let's trade back, Let's try. Okay, Tampa Bay is on the phone with us right now. Tampa Bay currently sits at twenty six. Tampa Bay's picked that we would pick up just for that small two slot move that they made, we would pick up their one tw twenty five, which is a fourth round pick. Again, this is working off the Cowboys charts and stuff like that. Okay, So just to start it off, that's maybe an offer that we look at. Right there, we pick up one twenty five, So we cool with that. We got our fourth round pick.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, I'm cool with a nick.
Speaker 6: It's only because I'm looking at the other offers out here, so I'm gonna wait until you're you're finished going through them.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, that's that's what get That's where we just start that's our start. Yeah, Arizona now calls us at twenty seven, we pick up one thirty eight and one sixty two, both fifth round picks. We interested in that one at all. We didn't get our four. Yeah, but now we're now after the Arizona. If we did the Arizona trade, we pick up their picks. Like I say, you now would have twenty seven, fifty six, eighty seven, one thirty eight, one sixty two, one seventy four, two sixteen, two thirty three, two forty four.
Speaker 3: That would be your draft haul.
Speaker 2: If you traded by picking up both fifths from Arizona, that would be going from twenty four to twenty seven. Now I'm gonna I'm gonna throw something out here. You give me these multiple fives. Yeah, watch me try and move these things going back up. Yeah, okay, and we'll get into that.
Speaker 3: Okay, We okay with that deal? We would would we consider that deal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely, because as it sits right now, eighty seven is your third round pick, right, and you don't pick until one seventy four in the fifth and you can kind of divvy that in half and you get two picks in between.
Speaker 7: I'm okay, with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pick I issue. We get picked one thirty eight, which is a fifth, and pick one sixty two plus our own fifths, so we're gonna have three fifths, is what we're gonna do with that Arizona traite.
Speaker 9: You said you're gonna try and flip them.
Speaker 7: Watch me, Okay, well watch me.
Speaker 5: I mean I would definitely be I would be willing to listening to it because to your point, like the way the way that I really do think that the start of that day too is going to be crazy as far as the fourth and the fifth round, because I just do.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 5: I think some of these wide receivers are gonna fall, are gonna be there, and then when you talk about some of the offensive line value, I do think that some of those guys are still gonna be there too. So I would I would flip the fifth. I would be open to that.
Speaker 9: I like the Tampa Bay situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what it's gonna ask. That's what's gonna ask.
Speaker 2: The Tampa Bay situation still is the ones that's intriguing to us because we get the fourth round pick.
Speaker 5: Right, but the fifths are to your point, though, you can do something with the fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we could Nic will find me some players in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of value there.
Speaker 6: No, there is, there is especially there in the fifth. It depends on what you need going into day three. But I also like the idea of packaging those and moving up in the third or something like that. I personally like the Arizona went a little bit more.
Speaker 2: As of now, I shued Buffalo's on the phone now at twenty eight. If you trade with Buffalo, you're gonna go from twenty four to twenty eight. You're gonna pick up a fourth. You're gonna pick up pick one twenty eight fourth round pick and pick one forty four, which is a fifth. You make the Buffalo trade, you're now looking at twenty eight, fifty six, eighty seven, one twenty eight, one forty four, one seventy four, two sixteen, two thirty three, two forty four.
Speaker 3: That's after the Buffalo trade.
Speaker 2: So you pick up that middle, you pick up that fourth one twenty eight and pick one forty four. That gives you your fourth, and then now you're looking at two fives.
Speaker 6: Quick question, how comfortable are y'all? Where's your comfort level as far as where does it end. Whenever you're saying, okay, cowboys are trading back, how far back do you want to go? Before you started getting start getting uncomfortable with it?
Speaker 2: The problem I'm the problem I'm running into is right now is if I'm starting to feel like that that maybe my guy's not going to be on the board at twenty, I mean I might have to really, I might have to. I'm willing to really bail. I'm going to take this thing all the way to Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at thirty two.
Speaker 7: I'm okay with taking it to the second round even Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I did for our exercise. I did it just to get to thirty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Can I explain what that means? What I'm saying right now?
Speaker 2: When when you when like when you're taking this thing back, like maybe your player's not there. I'm comfortable going, I think Nick as well as comfortable going all the way back to Kansas City's pick at thirty two and trying to pick up as many of these picks because like to see the Buffalo trades inviting to me just because of the fourth round pick we pick up and the fifth round pick as well. So I'm not going too terribly far. I'm going four players back, So okay, and that's a really good question. Are you worried?
Speaker 3: How far back are you willing to go? Are you? Because?
Speaker 2: To me, I think there is some value after say and that's why some of these trades, like twenty six, twenty seven to twenty eight, I feel like going back that just that little bit you still pick up good but I still feel like I'm going to get a really good player there. Ye too, Yeah, I feel like that, you know, And I feel like I could go all the way to I think I could go all the way to Kansas City at thirty two and potentially grab the right guy that I want. I mean, we are we agreement on that or agree?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There is see to me, I don't feel like so far that we've had a trade that we wouldn't accept.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 5: I'm interested in all of them. The Buffalo one is really appealing though.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, do you have anybody in mind when if you were to go to twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Do you have somebody in.
Speaker 7: Mind to twenty eight? Specifically?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would that would be a Kingsley Suamatia situation. And Morgan situation. Sure, Tyler Guidon's still there twenty eight. I mean, you're still gonna have offensive lineman there. Let's say the offensive linemen are off the board A or B. They don't like those guys sitting there on the board at that at that time, then you have the opportunity to take Darius Robinson or if you want to go ahead and get that linebacker just grab Edgeran Cooper.
Speaker 7: That's why I think I would.
Speaker 6: Be okay with if they ended up going all the way back into like the first five picks up the second round, even because they can still get that linebacker to open up Day two and then they're probably picking up two to three picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that would be That.
Speaker 7: Would be fascinating.
Speaker 9: If the isn't just go receiver.
Speaker 7: Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's a it's a thought, it's a thought.
Speaker 6: I will say there's gonna be a lot of hype around Brian Thomas Junior and Xavier Mitchell and potentially at excuse me.
Speaker 7: Mitchell.
Speaker 6: I think there's going to be a lot of hype around those names. As as the night one starts to kind of slide slide off and the slide off the board. There's gonna be a lot of talk around those guys. Somebody's gonna take a take a swing on one of those guys there late in those late in the first round.
Speaker 9: Have a Do you have a one on lab Maconky.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: I have a two?
Speaker 9: Have a two as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've seen him at the end of the first round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen a lot of San Francisco, Kansas City, those those teams are kind of talking about. Okay, Baltimore's on the phone, Aisha, they're gonna a lawst I'm skipping Detroit because Detroit doesn't have the capital to do it. Detroit would have to give next to your pick, So I'm gonna skip them. Okay, if you go now to the Baltimore trade of this, Baltimore's on the phone and uh, Baltimore, they're gonna give you. They're gonna give you just pick. They're gonna give you a third round pick. They're gonna give you pick ninety three. So now what you do is you have your current configuration, but you've added another three, so that gives you you're going to thirty, the fifty six, the eighty seven, ninety three and one, seventy four, two sixteen, two thirty three, two forty four. Okay, the key with the pick ninety three, that's the end of the third round top one hundred. That gets us in the top one hundred, but it also lets us since we're missing out on that four for the next day, we get first crack. We get first crack at that, right, Yeah, So how would we consider that? Is that important enough to you guys? The Baltimore trade, we're gonna go to thirty, but we're going to pick before the start of day three. Where's that on the level of comfort for you guys?
Speaker 6: I think I like the Buffalo trade just a little bit more, just because there's more capital there with fourth and fifth as opposed to just getting the third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'd be just.
Speaker 6: Fine with it at the end of the day picking up another top one hundred pick. That's that's a huge value in its own right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm one of the people that thinks that, you know, do they have the ability to go tackle?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I think the guard class is that that's where the third round is where the third the guard class to me is rich, still kind of rich in that area. So if you ended up grabbing like I don't know, I don't know, if I don't know, if Homie mixing in the third round, but if you end up grabbing like a Christian mahogani er, yeah, that too, you can you can tackle that in the third round. And then also two from even a linebacker perspective, if you were to go linebacker the third round and now's later third round area, that's where it's still kind of it still still has some value, Like there's some guys there that maybe you if you have if you have the opportunity to double dip, you can kill two birds with one stone by having that third So but I do I think the Buffalo one is the best one so far too.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna take our break here, and when we come back, I want to finish up because San Francisco and Kansas City also call.
Speaker 3: I want to finish this up.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna then we're gonna turn around and we're gonna trade back up. We're gonna take this draft draft capital, We're gonna pick which one of these things want. We're going to talk about trading back up and see if we can and can get back into this thing and and and do some good things.
Speaker 3: And then when that's all.
Speaker 2: Done, we'll we'll move the Twitter questions to the back end and catch all that. So you got the draft show, We'll be right back after these words.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll love flu first.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 10: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 11: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Shop.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's twenty twenty four draft mean, we're a week away from doing this.
Speaker 7: Let's go Wow.
Speaker 2: Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller Light. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth at six thirty pm. Enjoy life. Enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more.
Speaker 3: On Friday, come.
Speaker 2: Back for Draft Night out with alumni Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders appearances at the Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White. For more details, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft.
Speaker 7: Enjoy life too. Come enjoy some life out there.
Speaker 3: Enjoy some life.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what, that party will be very interesting if they trade out of the first round.
Speaker 2: Party go, it's never it's never a good never a good look back up like that.
Speaker 5: Claire out, hurry it will ye Yeah, Yeah, it's going to be tense man, Like I was talking about on our show. It's just how much pressure is on this team to get contributes. Yeah, these guys immediately like, yeah, they can't play around, they can't play around.
Speaker 3: No, you're right about that.
Speaker 2: That's that is aha, Morrison, Nick Harris, Brian brought us here on the Draft Show Chris Beam in the back handling things. Uh, the Draft Show is brought to you by Miller Lite and we're excited about that.
Speaker 3: By the way, Draft Show.
Speaker 2: All next week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all every.
Speaker 3: Draft Show every day.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 3: About that.
Speaker 2: How about that Draft Show every day next week? You're ready for this one?
Speaker 3: Ia?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: I so, y'all, Like I struggle with like, you're great hypotheticals.
Speaker 9: I'm ready to get to the.
Speaker 5: Ready from the start, Ready for the real thing, the real deal, Holy Field.
Speaker 2: All right, let's trade a couple more of these picks if we can. All right, We've we've talked about all righty. We traded with or talked about trades with Tampa, Arizona, Buffalo, and Baltimore the before I went to break. The Baltimore and San Francisco deals are very similar because Baltimore traded you picked ninety three, which was a third round pick, and now San Francisco is offering pick ninety four, which is a third round pick. So if you're considering the Baltimore or San Francisco trades, they're virtually the same pick, with the exception of one spot different both third round picks, So that something to consider.
Speaker 3: You get Baltimore on the phone.
Speaker 2: You get San Francisco on the phone, you would probably take the Baltimore trade because it's one pick better in the third round.
Speaker 5: Ye, not doing nothing, not helping you, sanfrid.
Speaker 2: Not helping, not helping at all. All Right, Kansas City's on the clock. Or excuse me, Kansas City is going to call Yaisha, They're going to offer you. They're going to offer you pick ninety five and pick one thirty one, which is a fourth round pick, so you get you're in that range. We talked about ninety two, excuse me, ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, which again ends the ends the second day, which I think is key because but Kansas City's called and they said, hey, we'll let you in the second day, but we'll also let you in the end of the fourth round.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now by going from twenty four to thirty two, all right, Nick, tell me you still got some players in range for you.
Speaker 9: Yes, he got excited.
Speaker 7: Ok, I'm your trade. You want to trade second round?
Speaker 2: You keep saying that, Okay, we'll work on that another day. No, but I'm okay with this. I think this is the best commander's trade. Sound like a good one too. If you want to pick up a bunch of picks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no kidding, you talk about capital and top one hundred picky, then get dan Quin on the phone and strike a deal. But I think this Kansas City trade, if you want to stay in the first round, I think there will still be some good offensive linemen available there at thirty two, and you also kind of have the freedom to take again the linebacker or an edge rusher, or if you want.
Speaker 7: To jump on anything else.
Speaker 6: I think thirty two still makes to be able to do that for the guys that you would expect to be available from.
Speaker 7: Let's just stay at twenty two.
Speaker 6: The guys you would expect to be available from twenty two to thirty two. I feel like you can get any of those guys in that range because you look at the teams that are picking in that range. Right you look at the Tampa Bays and Detroit. Those guys are going to be focusing on defensive lineman. Sure, if you want to get a defensive lineman, then maybe you pick somewhere in between them. But you look at Baltimore, San Francisco, Kansas City, Detroit, even you can make the argument receiver hunting. These guys are receiver hunting, and the Cowboys necessarily, I know there's some mocks out there that have them taken a receiver here in the first round. I don't think the receiver hunting in the first round. So I think you could still slide back. Those teams are taking different positions and probably what you're expecting will maybe one or two offensive lineman can come off the board. Yeah, but I think you have to be comfortable in doing that, and I think you would be yeah cool.
Speaker 5: I mean to Knick's point, I do think there's gonna be some value there. So it's just these quarterbacks are going to go. We're going to see a run on tackles. I'm sure there's going to be some value there, especially if you're talking about from an offensive standpoint, right, I think that offensively a lot to you point to your point, A lot of those guys are going to go. If you want to go defense and you have a first round round, great on a guy. I venture to say that they're going to be there towards the end of these rounds.
Speaker 9: So yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, of all the ones that we dealt with, and let me let me let me just maybe put in put into perspective what the situation. We look at point point totals on our chart, and each pick is a signed of value. If you were to make the Tampa Bay trade, your total draft haul but everything that you had would be four hundred and two points. The next most positive trade for you would be the Kansas City trade at four oh one. If you added up all the points, the value of all your picks, the Kansas City trade would make you at four oh one. The next two tie that would be Arizona at four hundred, Buffalo at four hundred, the one that has the next most value to it with Baltimore at three ninety seven, and the San Francisco trade only gets you three ninety. So if you just added up all the draft of the trade, the Tampa one makes the most sense. You don't get the most draft capital, but you get the fourth round pick you were hunting, Okay.
Speaker 6: And you're picking six spots earlier than Kansas City? Who would be the right next?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: So is there any is there all the trades we've gone through, is there anyone that really you'd say, Okay, get that GM on the phone, and let's make this trade Kansas City.
Speaker 5: I was about to say it would be I just think there's just so much we're going to look up in that third and fourth round, and we're gonna be giddy about the players that are still there and are still available in those rounds, and I think being able to take advantage of that would be really I think it would be very helpful going into that last day of the draft and knowing what the heck you got.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys are interested in going all the way down to the thirty two?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, sure?
Speaker 2: Any any you're not sure you should?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I'm sure, but I still really I still was really intrigued by the Buffalo thing too, though, And I know that it's not like the best on the points system, but I just.
Speaker 2: Let me walk you through. Then, let me walk you through this. Then all right, let me go through these various deals, and then we're going to take what picks we got, and I'm going to go through each team that we had an opportunity, and I'm going to try and trade up. And you guys, tell me if if it works out for you by using the selections that we had plus the picks that we got, tell me which which one of these deals seems to work the best for you?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: After the Arizona trade, I mentioned this Aisha, we got picks. We got one thirty eight, one sixty two, one seventy four all fifth round picks.
Speaker 3: I'm taking those and I'm calling the LA Chargers. The LA Chargers have.
Speaker 2: Two picks in the fourth round. They have picked one oh five and pick one ten, both fourth round picks, both early in the fourth round. Nick interested in moving one thirty eight, one sixty two, one seventy four all fifth round picks for one oh five or one ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, uh well it's one O five or one ten. I was right, it's one, O, five and one.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's one or Yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 6: Be probably staying home. I'm probably staying home there. I don't I don't love three for one in that situation. Just to go up one one round on day three. I think you could still get value there in the fifth with with those three picks.
Speaker 7: It'd be tough, but I'd probably say.
Speaker 12: No to that.
Speaker 2: I ashual, I get you your fourth round pick, but I got to give up three to get there. Three three draft picks.
Speaker 9: No, but you ain't. You ain't got the luxury in this draft. You can't be playing these games all right?
Speaker 6: If if that were to happen, Let's say you get one oh five, Yeah, you're not picking again until two, two thirty three to sixteen.
Speaker 5: You know how painful it's gonna be to just sit there and wait to see what happens.
Speaker 7: We're gonna be doing that on day three regardless.
Speaker 2: I think think, but think about think about the think about the situation though, with the number, the first four picks that you get.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's fair.
Speaker 5: So you could be so you think they would be chilling if they get they get some guys that they think are potential starters right away, and.
Speaker 2: Then you just you got a shot to get four players before one o five, by by by one oh five.
Speaker 6: I think it depends how much value put into quantity over quality or vice versa, and the.
Speaker 3: Strike r eves get big becr.
Speaker 5: That's a lot. First of all, that's a lot of people to be able to pick up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in the top one hundred.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're not interested in that one buffalo. If we did the Buffalo trade, we would we would take we would take pick one twenty eight it's a fourth round pick. We would take one forty four, both those picks we got if that's a fifth, so we take a four and a five. We call New England for pick one oh three, which is the top of the fourth round, or we can go back to our buddies at the Chargers at one oh five or one ten for a fourth. So we're taking our fourth round pick one twenty eight, and we're gonna dance that thing up to one oh three to New England, but the price of it's going to cost us our fifth interested in that guys, or we can go to the Chargers with the same deal.
Speaker 6: Question, are we comparing this to all of the trades or is this like a very like individual in a vacuum type type situation with Buffalo?
Speaker 7: Yeah, which one?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 3: The vacuums?
Speaker 7: Vacuum?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, if it's in a vacuum, because I'm not gonna have to Kansas City trade.
Speaker 7: I'm like, well, you have a third and fourth.
Speaker 6: But if it's in a vacuum and Buffalo is the only one that's that's made that call to you in the first round and you're trying to pack your those around, I'm okay with I'm okay with it because you're you're getting an a top one hundred. Yeah, and sure you got to give up the fifth, but you're basically just moving up to the to one o three to grab a guy early on day three.
Speaker 7: I'm fine with it. I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna dance you from one twenty eight in the fourth to one oh three. I'm gonna take you twenty five spots up to start the day of day three.
Speaker 3: That's gonna cost you a fifth round pick. I have a feeling I know what she's gonna say.
Speaker 5: I mean, no, I'm I'm I mean, listen, I'm indecisive. I'm trying to think about the fifth round.
Speaker 9: Do they have it? They have a fifth round pick?
Speaker 6: Right, it still would you You still would have the fifth of one s so you.
Speaker 5: Still would have a pick even if you did this and move up to the right.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to get you higher up the board. I'm trying to get you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you twenty five spots up to take your guy to start Day three.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean yeah, when we started getting into that fifth round, you know, that's that's when it that U Dallas Day and Audus stuff coming. They started looking at the under after free just what they about to pay them.
Speaker 9: So I would be cool with that. I would be cool with.
Speaker 5: You because I think that they'll have some things figured out on the back end post draft to get some of those guys that maybe didn't get drafted, like a TJ. Bass, who I thought was a fifth round pick last year at the feast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: All right, this once again Nick, for you, Nick Baltimore, if you did the Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Trade, just say you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be you would send pick eighty seven, which is your own, and then pick ninety three that you got from Baltimore. I'm gonna call Green Bay and I'm gonna try and get their second round pick pick fifty eight or the Houston Texans pick fifty nine. So I'm giving my own third round pick and I'm given the Baltimore third round pick to Green Bay at fifty eight or Houston at fifty nine to get in the second round. So I'm giving up my two to go up into the second round pick fifty eight or fifteen.
Speaker 6: Imagine not picking from fifty eight to one seventy four. That would be that would be torture for us in here, at least think about the quality.
Speaker 3: Of the player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's where I'm thinking about here, because you get to you get three picks in the top fifty eight to fifty nine. Yeah, but yeah, nothing in the third, nothing in the fourth, and then you basically have to watch the entire fifth go by before you finally get that fifth round. Com pick ummm. I'm staying put with what I got, And that's the situation. Yeah, So we're not we're not interested in doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pick no, especially not in the second round.
Speaker 2: The same thing we could have done to San Francisco. It's the same trade we could if San Francisco. If we took the San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Deal, then hurry up and wait, it's gonna hurt all.
Speaker 2: Right, man, I'm glad you guys want to just sit here and pick. I mean, how is your bored? You're bored then by what you guys are telling me. Your stacks and your boards are deep enough that you're like, nah, Brian, and I can't. You can't entice me with a second round pick right now. You can't entice me with a third round pick right now. Do you have that much confidence in your boards that you were gonna just pick players and you're gonna help this football team.
Speaker 6: I have a lot of confidence until it gets to about one to twenty. That's that's kind of like where I'm pinpointing as far as Okay, I'd like to find value in one twenty, So what is that?
Speaker 7: That would be mid fourth round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you can pick up more picks in that range, I'm cool with it. And but if you're sacrificing you know, that sixty to one twenty range, I don't know. I still feel like there's some really good talent there on that back half. I would love to be able to grab.
Speaker 5: I think the early second has some guys that can come in and be difference makers right away. Even so, so I and also to this team just gets a little funky in the second round. So I don't want them doing a whole bunch of extra stuff if they ain't got to do.
Speaker 2: Me so at these adding the Green Bay pick in the second or adding that Houston pick.
Speaker 5: Don't over complicate ite, all right, we aim to everybody seems to like the Kansas City trade.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 3: All right, that's the one that we went into thinking that.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Kansas City called and said Andy Reid called us and.
Speaker 3: Said, hey, we were interested in doing this, this is what we would do.
Speaker 2: All right, after the kan Sea trade, we made it. We've got picked ninety five, which is a third round pick. We've got pick one thirty one, which is a fourth Okay, I'm gonna call Vegas at seventy seven, which is a third round pick. So I'm gonna try and go from ninety five to seventy seven or seventy eight, which is the Commanders in the third round. But it's gonna cost me my fourth round pick. Pick one thirty.
Speaker 7: One, say one more time for me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no problem, not the numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kansas City.
Speaker 2: After the kan Sea trade, I'm gonna move pick ninety five that we got it's a third round, and pick one thirty one, which is a fourth round which we got. I'm gonna call Las Vegas and I'm trying to get picked seventy seven, which is a third round pick, or pick seventy eight from the Commanders, which is a third round pick. Would you be interested in going up to seventy seven or seventy eight for R ninety five and giving up our fourth round one thirty one.
Speaker 7: What do you expect to fly off the board late round three?
Speaker 6: Is that probably where you hope that McKinley Jackson doesn't fall off the board, or if you're still linebacker hunting, you're hoping Trevin Wallace doesn't fall off the board. I think this depends on what you need there in late round three, because let's say it's gone to plan. You've got an offensive lineman and you right Jonathan Brooks in the second round, then you're probably you are going to be hunting for a run stopper, whether that's linebacker, defensive tackle. If you expect them to fly off the board they're late in round three, then yeah, I'm making this call. But if you're like, hey, there's a group of guys here that we enjoy, we feel like we're comfortable with getting any of them. Yeah, and I'm staying putting taking the extra that's a great.
Speaker 2: That's a great, great thought. What what position though, if we were to go up, what position at seventy seven or seventy eight do you have in mind?
Speaker 7: Linebacker? Probably?
Speaker 9: Yeah, linebacker for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is.
Speaker 2: We're dreaming if Peyton Wilson's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's definitely I think so, But I mean medicals who knows.
Speaker 5: You just never know, because I think we thought, uh Beemer told me last in my last show, like we're thinking, I'm over thinking to Andre Sweat's gonna fall. I and think Duke Duke Dane has him in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and and a lot of that is the whispers I think the Dane's hearing about the one I mean.
Speaker 5: And of course it's of course his behavioral stuff, but you hear some of the stuff about Peyton Wilson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's that scary too. You may be that nervous about it.
Speaker 2: Medical is very scary possible.
Speaker 9: I think for him to fall as well. What about I don't know. I think Corner's depths depth go a lot further.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I think to nixt point DT is probably the biggest thing because I think there's a distinct drop off after that third round on talent. There's some a few guys sprinkled in there, if you guys sprinkled in there, but you will see the difference in the guys coming off the board once that's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I interest you guys in the receiver at seventy seven?
Speaker 9: You know what, you might be able to twist my leg a little bit better.
Speaker 6: There'll be some fun guys there available in the third round. I feel like I've been banging on this table. The third round is going to be so.
Speaker 3: Much to keep an open mind here, don't we guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 6: But in that scenario where you're going offensive line Jonathan Brooks, then you go receiver and you have yet to address anything on defense going into day three, that's or going in not into day three, going into pick eighty seven, and that's where you're just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I just kind of feel like that if they could, if they can get in that first pick, if they could take care of that offensive line position, whether it's the tackle of the center, it would make a difference.
Speaker 3: I think I could.
Speaker 2: I think I could keep my options open. I know, I mean, I don't want to sit in draft for need, but you know, I'm probably gonna have to.
Speaker 6: Write yeah, yeah, yeah, you definitely one hundred percent until you get to Day three.
Speaker 2: I feel like, can I get my running back at seventy seven?
Speaker 7: You could? I think most definitely.
Speaker 6: So let's say in that situation they go ahead and take the linebacker in the second round. Yeah, there there will be some running backs that'll fly off the board there in the third. You're expecting guys like Jalen Wright to come off in the third, probably Bucky Irving to come.
Speaker 7: Off in the third.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to phone on running backs. Blake kram Marshawn Lloyd will probably come off in the third. So there's gonna be some guys there that are just flying flying from Braylan Allen audric estimate. And if you start seeing those guys really come off the board, yeah, get on the phone and go get that running back.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what I'm gathering here is you guys aren't excited about making this trade.
Speaker 7: It just depends. It depends what position you need.
Speaker 6: I think, going in the third round, like because you could you could sell me on hey, these running backs are coming off the board, we need to move up twelve spots and go get our guy.
Speaker 7: You could sell me on that one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: But if you're looking at you know, the linebacker, the defensive tackle class, it just kind of depends how the board's falling at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I appreciate you guys doing so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 2: That was a little trade up trade well actually trade back trade up.
Speaker 3: As you can see though, it's it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Come down to a lot of it had to do with trying to get either that pick in the late day two.
Speaker 3: Or pick up that fourth round pick.
Speaker 2: You know, and my scouts here are more than willing to go to Kansas City to if Kansas City wants to come from thirty two up to twenty four. My guys seemed like that they would be good with that. So all right, when we come back, let's get to your Twitter questions.
Speaker 3: We will do that next year. Got the draft show, We'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 8: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, If you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 8: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 11: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm Douk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and they snapper.
Speaker 7: The press dout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flipft. He'll look for a crunch down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands eleven they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Pres Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Isai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy, purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: How about this man?
Speaker 2: We got the Reliant home Run Derby, The eleventh Daniel Reliant Home Run Derby is back at writers Field and frist Go on May first at six pm. Come and see your favorite Dallas Cowboys players swing for the Fences to raise money for the Salvation Army. Admission and parking are free. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Reliant h r D to learn more. See you there, all right, We're back here at the Draft Show. This segment has brought to you by your Texas for Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas.
Speaker 3: You like that.
Speaker 2: I kind of moved the show around a little bit. We usually we'll do Twitter on the twenty in between, but I'm going to get to these questions. I just wanted to make sure I had time to get through all that trade stuff. And I appreciate you guys. Numbers give everybody a headache, you know, at times, and you're dealing with them, but I just had to see how committed you guys were to picking these players. Sometimes you think, you know, scouts have this this way of saying, gimme picks, gimme picks, give me picks, give me picks. But you got to kind of be able to navigate around to kind of get the players you want.
Speaker 5: So what's up now that I don't want to sound nothing to nothing but or we're Fabian love It from from Florida State is.
Speaker 9: A DT Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, correct, and he's draftable yet correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, because we were trying to figure out we were.
Speaker 9: Talking about size. Gods size, he's sixty five three three three.
Speaker 2: Thirty five, right, you're just you're looking for those big one. I just didn't see it.
Speaker 5: I just haven't seen. I haven't seen. I just haven't seen him. And I didn't know what y'all had him labeled as because some people look at him as some for some reason, despite his size.
Speaker 9: He could do some d and things. But I know that's random. I'm sorry. I didn't mean. I just I just thought about, like, looking at DT's that.
Speaker 2: Are talking about him to nine in draft one on one, Yeah, bring up them when people ask you, Hey, I should give you some big defensive tackles that are three hundred and thirty five pounds or plus.
Speaker 5: We're talking about size. It's not a lot of there's not a lot of guys that are over.
Speaker 9: Three hundred pounds.
Speaker 5: And he's tall and he's got a little way to him.
Speaker 2: So I was just no, all good man, All good, All right, let's get into in our last few moments here.
Speaker 3: Let's get into a little Twitter on the twenty Twitter.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, Beamer for Beamer, thank you for all these years of putting up with me.
Speaker 3: I really do appreciate you. Brother. You've been a big part of this too.
Speaker 2: It's all good, all right. We got h we got red Man red his He's got a hypothetical for you guys, yusuh, I know you love hypotheticals.
Speaker 3: Let's say the Cowboys are able to pick.
Speaker 2: Graham Barton as Nick Harris just cartwheels down though. Yeah in the first yeah, but but they drafted me in the first but they're not able to add a tackle. It's the fifth round and Limmer and Norzad are there. Would you be willing to pick another center and play Barton at garter tackle?
Speaker 7: I like what you're thinking, Red.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a great question.
Speaker 9: Fantastic question. Go ahead, like what.
Speaker 6: You're thinking, Red, I think this would be uh, this would be Armagh and in the fan base if you didn't get a tackle in the draft, but it would. I think there's some there's some options there because you can it was either Lema or Norzad there in the fifth Yeah, you could. You could try to work those guys in at center and you could throw them in for competition at center. And understand that Graham Barton does have guard flex as well. But if you're if you're looking at Graham Barton and you're seeing a guy that is probably going to be one of the smartest players on the offensive line. I can't say the smartest because you have Zach Martin still in the building, but one of the players in the smartest players on the offensive line. Do you want him manning up that center position and calling out things from from the line or are are you okay him doing that at left guard and helping the guy next to him and then kind of doing that in a combo deal you also got Zach Martin there, then it would kind of be a committee job. It depends how how comfortable Solari is with pre snap communication and who he would want being able to being able to call things out pre snap.
Speaker 9: Now that's interesting.
Speaker 5: The whole scenario is, and I know we know that Graham Barton does have some but to your point, the fact that when he plays center, you see how much he's talking, how communicative he is, how how much command he has, and so it would be different if he was just gonna play that guard. And I know the fan base would be pissed if if you didn't gave a tackle, but you got one of the best ones in the NFL right now technically, so it's like.
Speaker 3: The best guards in the league too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know, so interesting scenario. It would be an interesting scenario. I will say, I know, Brian, you brought up last week when we were talking about uh maybe it was earlier this week when you're talking about center, and that you know, some of those guys that are later you don't really have much of an upgrade. I think bow Limmer fires off the ball better. I think his his attitude and also to I think his anchor is stronger than what Tyler biadises was because that was one of the biggest things is that you just you couldn't see him get to the second level and control blocks. But then also too, he just was like losing at like initially on the snap. So I wouldn't mind a bowl Limmer either if you're gonna go on those later rounds.
Speaker 6: So if they drafted bow Limmer, then they would be replacing Tyler Biattish with a native of Tyler, Texas.
Speaker 7: So let's go Bolimmer. Let's to bring him in. Let's bring him in.
Speaker 2: He knows way too much, he does way but you know what, you know what, in day three we're gonna be damn glad we got him.
Speaker 9: Here to shine.
Speaker 7: This kid from Roswell Geordan.
Speaker 3: All right, this comes from Ben Done, Ben Done ask, which sounds fake.
Speaker 2: No, it's a real Twitter guy. He's got He's got a nice picture, been done. He's got a nice Twitter picture. Yeah, I've been done. He asked which draft prospect not on the Cowboys thirty visit list? Would you want to see the Cowboys draft in the first two rounds that also fills a positional need?
Speaker 7: Oh, this is a fascinating one unless you first Nick. Yeah, yeah, I'm going through. I'm going through the list. Right now. Zach Frasier. Yeah, Zach Fraser would be an interesting one.
Speaker 6: If he's there at fifty six or if you're trading back into the early second round, that wouldn't be a bad guy to pick in the thirties.
Speaker 7: So Zach Frasier, that's.
Speaker 3: The first name that came to came to my mind. Really, it was Zach Frazer. Yeah, Zach Frazier. I am like, I've got this.
Speaker 2: This center thing in my head that I can't once once the first round gets passed, I've got to kind of figure out, like, Okay, now what I'm gonna do the rest of the draft. I gotta try and do that.
Speaker 3: I do have a center, have a center block, I guess is what I'm doing here.
Speaker 9: You have a problem a little bit.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I think that I think that that Fraser would would make a lot of sense for me.
Speaker 5: I mean, no, they've met with all the linebackers that I was even interested in. I don't know, it's gonna sound ridiculous, but and again, I don't think that they're gonna go corner. But if if if a key On Mitchell was there, well Quy Minchell was there or one of those guys or Cooper Dejan.
Speaker 9: Was there or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I would just be super like no no, no, no, no, no, no no about it, because I think it is time to replenish that corner room.
Speaker 9: I think, I really do think it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, with the loss of Stefan Gilmour, which is gonna be huge or whatever the case may be. After Trayvon Diggs and dron Bland, I mean, you're you're sitting up here and then a guy like Cooper he has that flex, so you might be looking for a nickel for next even next year, right, So yeah, I think honestly enough, we haven't talked about corner a whole bunch, but you've mentioned how much you think corner is going to be important at the top of this draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: You know what's unfortunate that was like a late Day two, early Day three corner that I was I was kind of pounding the table for early on here in this draft show cycle, and it was Kyrie Kyrie Jackson out of Oregon Player. I've loved him the entire process, and then I just saw mock earlier this week that had him going at thirty two and I was like, well, damn.
Speaker 3: People are figuring it out.
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 2: He's got some length and he can cover and he's sticky. I could I ask you this one's for you. This comes from Shannon Washington asked this question. If brock Bowers were to fall to us within re are we taking him along with ferguson the tight end from Georgia brock Bowers.
Speaker 5: I think because he can do so much and you're talking about in fairness, you're talking about you need like an extension of your backfield is from like the running back position.
Speaker 9: He's not a running back. He can do some running back.
Speaker 5: Things out the backfield and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I struggle with taking a tight end that taking a tight end that early, But somebody's gonna grab him and he's gonna piss us off every years and see him.
Speaker 9: You guys have a first on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he's slipping to twenty four and he's there at twenty four, then I'm gonna force a team to overpay and come up.
Speaker 9: And That's that's what I was getting at.
Speaker 5: More so because it's like, as much as I would love him on the team, how much is he gonna help and also to.
Speaker 9: Do we have the step respectfully?
Speaker 5: Do we have the guys that are gonna be willing to help him do the things he does best because he can do so many different things.
Speaker 9: Like I don't want a guy to come in here that can did a whole.
Speaker 5: Bunch of college and then he comes in and he's just like a one trick pony. He's not, so I would try.
Speaker 9: I would.
Speaker 5: I would hold him hostage for ransom and figure something out at that point.
Speaker 2: All right, last question here before we wrap this up, Eric Broxton, I think I got that right. Eric Broxton says, NFL draft gurus keep predicting splash players like Xavier Worthy and Anidi Mitchell at twenty four, which makes no sense to me? Do you get the feeling that this might happen?
Speaker 7: Run that back again.
Speaker 2: He's saying that the he he's he can't understand why all the draft gurus are predicting that the Cowboys are going to take Xavier Worthy or Enodi Mitchell at twenty four.
Speaker 3: He says, this makes no sense to me. Do you get the feeling that this might happen?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: I don't feel like this will happen. Yeah, I don't feel like it will. I feel like the only receiver they might take at twenty four, And when I say might, I'm taking with a very much a grain AsSalt five percent Brian Thomas Junior. And that's if he's there. But other than that, I don't feel like there's there's a there's gonna be a guy kind of swinging there at twenty four receiver.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, to your point, I know that there's like a lot of receivers that we think are going to be there early in that second round or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 9: But if it's a guy that they really like, I just don't.
Speaker 5: If somebody that is a star falls, I think that they might do it. Like I know this sounds ridiculous. I swear I didn't think they would take C. D.
Speaker 9: Lamb when they did. But if that's the best player on the boys, best player on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you guys good today.
Speaker 5: Where's uh, where's Meliko Corley on board a second second round?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 6: I had a third on him, but I'd be okay with taking him in the second Yeah, That's where I'm at with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, how's your boards coming along? By the way, pray for me.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a long weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Putting these things together.
Speaker 2: Man, I think I've got two hundred and fifteen players on my board and I'm at the stack. Yeah, so I'm working on it. I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Look forward to working with you guys tonight again. We got Draft one oh one at the start. It'll be on dallascowboys dot Com. It'll also be on one to five three the Fan. Those will be streaming on both. It should be a really fun, entertaining night for everybody answering questions for my guys, for my scouts, for Nick Harris, Iusham Morson, for Chris Beaman, the.
Speaker 7: Drive the bus today, Brian, Thanks, I.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys, and I always, as always do I want to thank Ed Cahill for coming up with the idea about the draft show, Derek Eagleton and the Jones family for allowing us to do that. We will see you starting next week every day leading up to the draft, so check your listings for that and keep scouting, keep working on it, and we're going to keep investigating and educating as we do here on the Draft Show. You guys have a great meeting.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.