Speaker 1: Luka Doncic is out in definitely due to a left hamstring injury. He'll miss the remainder of the regular season and his status is uncertain beyond that. Austin Reeves is also expected to miss the next four to six weeks due to a Grade two oblique injury. Jesus Am both expected to be sidelined to begin the playoffs. Luca is expected to be at excuse me, Reeves at least through the first route. If the Lakers were to get past the first round, Wow, maybe he'll come back. But they're saying four to six weeks. And that's gonna put ay. They put a lot on bron Brand on it man. Yeah, by himself, take it back, Hey, take it back to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: He's gonna take it back to sixteen, seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Well, he acted get up twenty five thirty shots. He gonna have to do that. He's gonna have to do that for them just to even compete, just even be around. Yeah, I'm sure he knows that though he got what they got. I think they got okay. See, they got Okac again, and they only want like one one game, two games.
Speaker 2: One game.
Speaker 1: I think in front of the Nuggets, maybe two games in front of the Rockets. Yeah, they might get They ain't gonna lie. They might get caught. If they get caught, I mean they had that for they don't want that four spot.
Speaker 3: Hell no, who they gotta play.
Speaker 2: If they got this four spot, well then they'll probably have to play Denver or Houston.
Speaker 1: When they Houston. But hell, it ain't even there here. You get out of that round, you're gonna have to play, okayc in the next round.
Speaker 3: Hey, So if reeve, if reason Luca is out right, what the starting five gonna look like?
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh? Probably Canard? Okay, probably bron Canard. Uh what's the boy name? Uh d a, maybe Marcus Smart, Marcus hurt?
Speaker 2: You got an ankor dealing with an ankle injury. I think.
Speaker 1: They don't have to They don't have to rely on when of them young boys. Alrabia, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Larrabia, he's been he's been playing all right, he's been playing good ball. But this is I mean, guys to be healthy all year, and that's the worst time. Sometimes sports is are so lygiving, and that's why they say time and everything, bro, Like you gotta be playing great basketball at the right time, and only that.
Speaker 4: You gotta be every free gotta be helpy.
Speaker 2: Oh man, but that's all right, Lebron gonna show you all.
Speaker 1: Even at forty one, watch you average the next five game average bout thirty five. He's gonna have two on oh for five. Yeah, you have to shoot twenty five times. I mean, gonna have to change because he's like, He's like, let me put this thing in auto pilot. I'm only gonna take ten to fifteen shots. I'm the third option. I'm gonna get Hey, ain't no more ghost standing in that damn corner. He about to be on the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he back on, He back on the ball. Okay, he about to be on back on the ball.
Speaker 1: Joe, Oh yeah, he goa he he gonna rack up some assists.
Speaker 2: He gonna probably he gonna have to. He's gonna have to give you at least thirty plus a night for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luca averaging thirty three thirty two game AI averaging twenty five.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, man.
Speaker 1: A video went viral of Austar Reeves interacting with the OKC fan after Luca went down.
Speaker 2: Take a look at this video, Guys from shut the fuck up. Don't know. That's the give your swe.
Speaker 5: That's the that's some that'ssile s.
Speaker 2: That's the.
Speaker 5: His ass half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, some people are just so rude, bro. Yeah, they don't care. And you gotta be ugly sometimes, Okay, you know what I mean? You do, bro, you do like even when you don't, even when you don't really want to, like, you gotta be ugly just you know, damn man, we got we got our stop playing hurt and you hollering out These men come.
Speaker 3: On, bro, you know them fans feel invincible, Joe.
Speaker 2: And they be off the alcohol too.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, but they get the alcohol in their system. They finish say whatever.
Speaker 2: You're already doing, they do.
Speaker 3: I like, I like, I like the chirping back and forward though.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Like, man, Bro, the man hurt you up there, keying ain't nothing, ain't nothing funny, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the fan don't kill nothing, boy, that especially if they're not laking fans.
Speaker 1: Exactly how many times we don't seen somebody get hurt in the opposing.
Speaker 2: Crowd cheer cheering.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you basically expected, yeah war you you you basically expected? All Right, guys, it's time for our final segment evening, It's time for Q.
Speaker 2: Heamn. I thought we just started.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 2: We don't have a little minute. Joe almost.
Speaker 1: Before we get started in our super chat, we got some video discord. Let's take a listen, Let's take a list of what they had to.
Speaker 6: Say, Nightcap, Big Three? What's good with y'all? Man? My name is Isaiah calling from northern California. Man, I just want to give y'all y'all flowers. You know, two million subscribers. I'd have made a lot of burner accounts over the last month, but hey, we did it. I'm willing to serve whatever suspension YouTube throws my way. I did wrong, So Nightcap, can you know be right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: But hey, Victor Webbin Yama Defensive Player of the Year is a lock. Stefan Castle First Team All Defense is a lock. I don't want to sound like a greedy Spurs fan, but can y'all see Kelvin Johnson maybe winning sixth man, maybe Julian Champinni making that second team All Defensive team. Let me know something, when VP, when VP win VP and go Spurs.
Speaker 1: Go now winby may win defensive Player of the Year. But the Alexander Nicholas Alexander for the Atlanta Hawks. Yeah yeah, Man of the Year. Bro, Now he started, he winning most Improved. Yeah yeah, he win it most Improved. I thought Peyton Pritchet could win six Man of the Year, but he probably started too many games.
Speaker 2: Oh, because he did start a couple of games. Huh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Castle definitely should be on the first team all defense. Yeah, he gonna be on the first team with champion.
Speaker 3: Ain't a Castle the one with the dreads?
Speaker 2: Huh yeah?
Speaker 3: Eating nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, he was Rookie of the Year last year. Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. No, they all they all, all of them dudes defend, all of them the game gonna they all defend. They all defend. They all play at a high level. And when you got win me back.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: Six man they say Calton Johnson does have the best odds to win.
Speaker 2: Who's he in front of Hot Caves, Junior Reeed Shepherd, Peyton Pritchett, Peyton Pritchell ain't in it. No, he once started too many games. And what Kelton Johnson averaging.
Speaker 1: Probably about fifteen Because it's him that's the best off, is him Hotcads and Reed Shepherd from Houston. Yeah, he'll probably win it. Then Kevin probably win it. They playing great ball too. You get rewarded for winning too, you do, yeah, and you should. You should absolutely. Here's our second. Well, let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: What's so, what's the Ochoe?
Speaker 2: What's up? Ice sold?
Speaker 5: First of all, Ice Hold one of the greatest basketball players I've seen o choe best feeding the game. Should be in the Hall of Fame. Oh you are the greatest tight end they ever played the game. I know you like to defer to drunk and Kelsey all the time, but you revolutionized the game, my boy. You made the tight end position exciting to watch. And I only watch the Differ bron Coast because of you, because you see where I'm at. But anyway, congratulations on two million, and I'll be here with three million. And once again, Oh, you was a goat. You are the greatest go ahead on an embrace and let the world know that you as a goat.
Speaker 2: That's a two billion. I mean they were excited if we were to get two billion.
Speaker 1: Man. You know people with you know, two million and organically and we really appreciate that because none of that's none of this is what we've been able to do as possible without you, guys.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys again. And here's our third and final one. Let's take a listen. It was a nightcap family. Javon Brooks here wanted to give a question to Joe Man.
Speaker 7: Joe around two thousand and seven two thousand and eight used to always do a charity event in the city of Atlanta, and one year you did a charity event at the Bowling Alley. Not sure if you remember, but you did it for all the members in the Boys and Girls Club and I was one of those members, right, And I want to know what made you do that? Because when you threw that event, you have no no cameras, no media, no security.
Speaker 2: It was literally just you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: You just showed the most love ever and you didn't know this.
Speaker 2: But by you doing that event, bro, that inspired me to do the same thing in my community. Bro.
Speaker 7: So I want to just say thank you, But again, what made you want to do that, bro? Because you didn't have to do that, and you brother, you already know the time of it. But yeah, peace out.
Speaker 2: For me, Man.
Speaker 1: I grew up in a boys and Girls club. My mother my mother worked at the Boys and Girls Club, so I was in there all day from the time we opened up to the time and clothe thrashing Boys and Girls Club in Little Rock, Arkansas. Uh, man, that's why, that's that's why I learned how to play. That's why I learned how to compete. I mean, that was everything for me. So when I got a chance to really pay it pay it back. Yeah, I always want I always want the Boys and Girls Club to come out, and I always want.
Speaker 2: To do event like that. So yeah we should. I should do event every year.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We should have a lot of fun with it. Might even bring it back. That's good. Yeah, it's always great when you give back. Man. Ah, pay it forward.
Speaker 1: Uh. Desmond Williams Arizona couldn't buy a shot if bricks count of his currency.
Speaker 2: They definitely struggle. They definitely struggle shooting.
Speaker 1: Hell, you gotta get Michigan credit though, Like you know, they them dudes playing.
Speaker 3: Harding all these shots.
Speaker 2: You know, they weren't giving them dudes nothing easy, No no alphabodies. Oh yo, got that princess peach crown on? Man, Stop, what do you what do you say about my crown? They ain't rolling. That's what he said. They say they ain't rolling. No, that's one person. That's one person. They say they ain't rolling.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, listen, that's one person, Joe. We can't be worried about one post. Hey, as of right now, King O Joe.
Speaker 2: And still what you talking about? It ain't it ain't got it ain't got the same ring. It ain't got the same Bob. Come on, you know it ain't got the same ring. Chad know that chat. You know the ain't got the same ring.
Speaker 3: I don't try to get the chat. In a matter of fact, you know what, it's one thirty four two one. It's one thirty four a chat. I hate to do this, Uncle Joe. I just want a quick moment of silence for a very good friend of mine, Chinese man who invented the camera lens. He passed away, So rest in peace to zoom In.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying, Hey, Joe, you get it zoom in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, already I already knew he was on some bulls jibs. Last here we go, Rod for me, not cap crew, come do a live show in Memphis. I'll put up ten k and we'll work out the deal. I'll get you all some good barbecue. Let's make it happen.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You know, men for closer home, bro, it ain't nothing but to hop in the skill, hear me. Yeah, yeah, they got some good barbecue. I've got some old dry rub from Charlie bear Rows. Oh what do you know about that drive rub Man? I loved a I love some drive rub now man, I always wanted I just want to try some Memphis barbecue. You know they got some Axis done had South Carolina than that, you know, obviously Georgia, Kansas City. I ain't never had no North Carolina barbecue, but you know you gotta have some Memphis. They gotta get Memphis. Boy, Dallas got some good barbecue, dudey oh yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: The only time I've been to Memphis, I flew into Memphis.
Speaker 1: I flew to Memphis twice, flew in Memphis, and I drove down to Behley, Mississippi, pick up a puppy.
Speaker 2: Oh did you yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yoga, y'all haven't been every damn well, man, I ain't think I had been to Memphis, Joe.
Speaker 2: You ain't never been, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, Memphis ain't bad Bro, I'm bad.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know, I just ain't. I just ain't never been, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Ts cardboard detailed service. I saw got that Richard prior fro Bro jokes Jokis from m v P.
Speaker 2: Easy whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: I thought s J was winning it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's he, that's that's who he believes should win it easily. But I think I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he's gonna win it. I think he's gonna get some votes. I think it's gonna be close. Yeah, he's gonna be definitely, he definitely gonna get some votes. But I think sha yeah, yeah, man a. Back in the day, Joe Biston had one of them big currently fro. You know what I'm talking about, he said, one of the big currently fro back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he said, Curly you had like like like Jerry Curle.
Speaker 2: Like that activator and all that. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: Had it right, Hey, Joe should activate that thing again for the show one time, Joe, you had the proofs and bears up in there by what but my mama didn't play?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hold up though I was tender headed us, I don't know what you hear me. I'm talking about she used to brave my hair, but she had to do it while I'm sleep because I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't take it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't take it, so she had to had to preak that water bank cut of Faby Poppet boy. Hey, hey, she had it right, boy, Yeah, you used to have me right.
Speaker 2: Uh it's Mattic prayers.
Speaker 1: Uh just to oh Joe never gonna be our king with a t bow crown and still king aso.
Speaker 2: What's your top three favorite movies ever? And oh that's easy ship for me.
Speaker 1: Boomerang come on, well, hey, I love me some Boomerang now, yeah, hey Boomerang, Hey boy, Boomerang one of my favorite movies. Uh, it's so many, bro, I could go. It is Oh, I could go, I could house party, I could go.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for this.
Speaker 2: This is go Love Jones, Poetic Justice, I mean I love Jones.
Speaker 1: They say I'm hopeless getting with a hole Leadue, Dionn Ferris, yes, rush over her and Marcus Miller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I like I like this question. I like this question because I'm a movie head, right, so I'm gonna give I'm gonna give you my three favorite movies. But I'm gonna give it to you in three sets of three separate, three different sets of genres, of different types of movies, Life Coming to America and Harlem Knights. Right, that's one set of comedy I want to last. It doesn't matter where I catch it on the TV. I'm watching it every single time. Then my grandma introduced me to my favorite three Stormy Weather, Cabin in the Sky and Green Pastures. I'm not sure what the age group is. Are some of the people in here.
Speaker 2: Some of you might know those movies More You seventy five and up. Yeah, Hey, three More.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Love Love anytime I catch it on TV, I don't care where it is in the movie. I'm watching Troy, Braveheart and Gladiator. Man, Listen, man, listen.
Speaker 2: Boy, you got.
Speaker 1: If we're doing comedy, i'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Life, Harlem Nights and Friday Friday. Uh.
Speaker 2: Then I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Silence of the Lambs, a Few good Men, Yeah, and uh Malcolm x mm hmm and Zilla killed that boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like anything well, I like anything with.
Speaker 1: With Jack Nicholson in It Cold He Cold with It man, and y'all ever seen the movie The Goonies.
Speaker 3: Yeah about.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey you guys, Hey Chunk Chunk my favorite movies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Goonies was nice. Boy, I used to Uh, I bet I loved them. I mean everybody ever since COVID, I ain't really. It's hard for me to get back into the movies.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I used to go, Man, I love them, Joe. When I say I used to love the movies, I mean I saw six movies in one day. That's how I love the movies. Two was two was nothing. I ain't got the patience. I couldn't sit down there by my knees in my back, everything that hold me about it now? Uh, but they usually love the movies. The popcorn. Get the popcorn, Twizzlers and coke. I'm straight want nothing like it. Ain't nothing like it, man, I like them ices boy, them o ye, that straw bear, the cherry ice and.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't make some, Joe, you don't mix some, you don't make it.
Speaker 1: They may put a little raspberry in that little rasp. Boy, I had it right when I to, Hey, I like I like it. When you go to the movie theater, it's like a dining. They got them big big oh yeah, yah yeah yeah yeah yeah, like Center Bestro you remember yeah we got ye yeah yeah, they got they got I picked in Cali they got I picked. I think a lot of a lot of places of going to that dining you could order food and stuff like that. So that that's kind of the the the approaches they're taking. You order wine and yes, uh that like a good moves them with the days. Man, man, you know, and you look at they got it? Did your boy Joe throw.
Speaker 2: And that's you and Gino.
Speaker 1: That's what because you know the sweater you don't Yeah yeah, hey that's what we get riding with the sweater on he bouy to get at the Memphis grizz I do it's retired?
Speaker 2: Yeah you retired? Yeah yeah yeah, just a bout look something pop off again?
Speaker 1: Oh man, yeah I still got this sweather people that hey uh the dude that made that's where Greg Lauren said, Man, he got an influence like everybody. So he was just like people was calling him said, man, you gotta see this, you gotta see this. You have to still have that sweater. Hey, that's that sweater. Boy, it's a classic now boy it is Hey, I remember, Hey, I feel like a superstar over your you know, how did were? They were outfit unsumber one time? Yeah at wearing no more, that's it. Look, I remember watching the game. I'm like, damn, what got going on? I see Big Adams coming over there.
Speaker 3: I was like, god damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but man, that was boy lord haveberdy? That was that was a blur.
Speaker 1: I must have been on that to Poortier, Yeah, there you go, there you go. Vonte Lewis. Can I get a shout out to me and my wife Tiana Louis. It's our second anniversary, almost ten years together. No arguments, no headaches, just lovelonte, Thank you for watching, thank you for your support. Tiana, Happy second anniversary, he said, no argument, no ten years together, no headaches. But that's a great relationship. That's a great relationship. Now I understand I ate ten years together, two years of marriage, but hey, if y'all been together this time this long, there's no there's no nothing you guys can't get from me. One second, go ahead, the goat twenty twenty two, Fellas, I went to the Conye show last night at SOFI. It was epic. It was an all time show. He was standing he was standing on Earth. If y'all had a ticket to see anyone live perform, who would you go see?
Speaker 3: I mean Kanye's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alive Alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kanye is one of them. I've been to most of Kanye Kanye shows, the visuals, the creativity, uh, the changing of sets that that he does, It's second to none anyone else. I would go see live and that that's about it. That's that's about it.
Speaker 2: Live Chris Brown, Yeah, I've seen him, the kids.
Speaker 3: Have, But I know what I get with When you go see CB, it would be no different than going to see Beyonce. It'd be no different than going to see Bruno Mars. You know what you get when you go to see those type of individuals that had that kind of stage presence and command the crowd at all times. I know what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I've seen c B. I've seen Drake.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell y'all somebody else I've seen who put on a show that dang on? R Kelly Man did he man? I've seen R Kelly in two thousand and one. It's my rookie year. Oo. Yeah, he came to Boston. He performed in Boston. You know him and Antoine Walker was super tight. So that's back when everybody was taking Limos to one had a limos about twelve us packed it.
Speaker 2: Now, I had never seen him before. I'm talking about here, talking about the show. Yeah, man, that boy cuddle fool, that boy cuddle fool.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen Bruno Mars, I've seen Beyonce. I've seen Bruno twice. I've seen Beyonce about three times. I've seen Dale, I've seen Usher. Yeah, that's why I see Bruno. I ain't seen Bruno. He put on the show on what what in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Hey? God, he don't play idy put on the mean demonstration all the way he gets all the way down. Hey, Bruno up there with with Beyonce and Chris Brown and Usher? Yes, yes, performer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get your money's worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna see he's coming out here. What is the Who do we have Bruno boy Jordan? Who do we have Bruno? Bars? God? What's his name? Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Anderson pa?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Bruno Anderson Pack coming to Vegas.
Speaker 3: Hey but two together?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care how much tickets are. I'm going to see them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, they coming they come in to Vegas when they got a residency. Well, you know, if I'm not mistaken, I think what you call them had a residency at the MGM.
Speaker 3: Bruno Yeah was it MGM or Caesars. Hey you heard about his little gam How much you old a casino?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well heard he was in him for about fifty mil. Damn that's what that's what. That's what the reports were. Oh no, I ain't gambling that money. Yeah, I'm trying to think who would I go see? Now? If you want to go to a concert and just sit down and just have a good time, take your lady to see Odell Joe. Yeah, I don't know what you're gonna be performing again, but Lord have mercy.
Speaker 2: Hey what about Leon Thomas? Ain't he nice? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The concert? But oh yeah, is what is one more? They had that same type of see what I see what you call about? Ten times?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Maxwell? Oh yeah, John, I've seen John Legend. John Legend got a nice one because John and Updelle is kind of cause they're kind of telling you that, kind of giving you, uh where they were what they were thinking when they wrote this song, what the song means.
Speaker 2: So they give you the backdrop of the giving the story of the song. So I really like that, you know what, you know what I want to go. I want to see my girl Cardi B. See Cardi B.
Speaker 1: I ain't heard nothing about that show. I'm sure she put on the means I heard that. I mean everybody saying that thing been really nice. Yeah, yeah, mmmm yeah Cardi, Yeah, I see Cardi. That's where I would go.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, what's your print? Oh Tim d Hey guys, what's your Prince Mount Rushmore slow songs?
Speaker 3: It's purple Rain. Purple Rain would be considered a slow song.
Speaker 2: Huh, it would be considered a slow song.
Speaker 3: Ak went to the HBCU. Joe, you got to hear Southern University play proper rain? Is like that, man, Listen, man, I'm sure every HBCU band can play prople Rain. But when Southern play purple Rain, Joe and I heard it. When they played it in the fifth quarter when they played Alcorn State, I forgot the year it was. I mean, for those in the chat that are watching, you go back and listen to the fifth quarter of Southern versus our corn State. It was a while ago, but once once you Joe Joe. You know I'm a music head. Yeah, Joe, It damn it brought tears in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Man, it was like that. Oh man, Joe, I mean you have to have you have.
Speaker 3: To appreciate music for it for you to get that kind of feeling, because you know, I love the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love music in general.
Speaker 3: So, man, Purple Rain would be would be my my top, my cream of the crop when it comes to slow song, when it comes to Prince.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you got? I know you probably got three off the dawn, right Ah? No, Man, A Door would be my first one. A Door, that's a good one. Oh my goodness, Man, that Joe got his catalog.
Speaker 2: He got too many, too many hits. Adoor. Lord, that merchant.
Speaker 1: I can't think her off the top of my head because I be like and I like when Doves cried. I like Erotic City. Yeah, under the Cherry Moon.
Speaker 2: Kiss. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Sometimes it's slows in April, but it's it's sad. Oh man, I was. I'm a huge, huge.
Speaker 2: Prince fan. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think his Prince ever made a bad song from pop Life The Sign of the Time. Uh, let's go crazy controversy international lover pop life.
Speaker 3: Hey what you know about Let's go crazy boy?
Speaker 2: That gets your hype?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Uh oh do you lie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ain't nothing like that. Purple rain no man, Yeah, hey to me, Purple Rna is up there. Joe with Lenny Williams because I love you, but lady, hey.
Speaker 2: Lady, Well, you know he listened until the TV went off.
Speaker 1: Back in the day when he was growing up, the TV went dark after midnight, the TV would go dark.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't not but just just staty, just black. Yeah, and literal said. He cried. Oh, he cried, Hey, hey, you know exactly where my hearts. And it broke up because they put that lady on.
Speaker 3: And why was just getting ready to say that and listen, I could be vulnerable with y'all. I'll never forget when a young lady left me one time. I was a little younger. I wasn't seasoned yet. You know, I didn't have an understanding that you know, she's not mine, it's just my turn at the time.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Two songs that I listened to when I got left that God damn Lenny Williams because I love you and Jasmine.
Speaker 1: Look Joe look at Joe on Hey, hey, Joe, get it right. Oh Lord, have mery this night cap. I have to get me a little swig for you know.
Speaker 3: Hold on you, hey, Joe, you're supposed to start that at the beginning of the show, Joe, No, no, no, I might get to talking too much and Joe the second song after a break up like when she leave you? Yeah, slay that goddamn Jazmine suling in love with another man. You get a better understand you get a better understanding on why she left.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that's your therapy right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lenny Williams Lenny Williams song because I Love You, Uh, Atlantic Stars send for Me.
Speaker 2: Love Train.
Speaker 1: Hey, what you said warm Nights came sleep to hurt? Two weeks I've been I bet I take you'll loud in some karaoke?
Speaker 2: That what we need.
Speaker 1: We need some good karaoke all the way to do karaoke. I bet I think, God chance you just let me hold up?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey Joe, I could I could do me some karaoke? Now you can do some karaoke listen. I might not sound like the person that sing the song. Yeah, but to winter kind of performing in stage presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you beat.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, you know you gotta gotta remember, Joe, I was a theater major now, but oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, See, when you listen to a song, you don't listen to the backdrop of the story of how the song came to beat.
Speaker 2: Like the song love Training. Yeah, uh, two guys was dating the same girl.
Speaker 1: They were in the same music group, and that's where he said he want to call over, he want to come over, but he couldn't because he was already over that band made was already over there. Go back and look into the back drop of the story.
Speaker 3: What song? What song is that?
Speaker 2: Love Training?
Speaker 3: Hold On?
Speaker 2: Who sing love Training? Hold On? Let me tell you, I'm gonna tell you I.
Speaker 3: Gotta find that hold on. I'm from the find it. I'm from to find it right now? No the old jas No, not that one.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, hold up, hold on, hold on, hell no, not that one. He said, shoot style hey comfunction, yeah, con function.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's the jam. Hey, I never knew that.
Speaker 2: If I chance, you just let me hold up.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Hey boy, I'm a moo on the karaoke have had a couple of shots in me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why ankle food up there, you and me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Oh I saw Earth, Wind and Fire performer about five times. They're still unbelievable. They still unbelievable in concert, Yes, hauling us, but you'll never see them again. They have a falling out. Haulering those was really good. Uh you know man eater. Uh, she's a rich girl. And you're gone too far because you know it, Sarah smile, I won't you smile a little.
Speaker 2: While for me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't know if this count. Because I was still young. My grandma took me to see the Mighty Clouds and Joy? Does that count.
Speaker 2: The gospel group?
Speaker 3: She made? She made me go, I've seen the I've seen the caned spirituals, and I saw the Mighty Clouds and Joy. That's that's that's that's my that's my claim to fame.
Speaker 2: No, I've never seen it. I don't think I've ever seen a gospel group. I would go. I would go see uh Ty Tripper and I would go see, uh.
Speaker 1: What's the other name? What's the guy named Kirk Franklin? I go see Kurt Franklin put on the front.
Speaker 2: He put on a showt on it on Kurt.
Speaker 3: Kirk.
Speaker 2: I have to go see I definitely go see him. Man.
Speaker 1: I ran and I ran into Kurt Franklin probably about a month ago at Lennox.
Speaker 2: Mama, did you Yeah, I ran right there and we probably right next to each other.
Speaker 1: You must have been, I mean, you must be early in the morning, because you are fool if you go late in afternoon on a Thursday, Friday, on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, like it's like some mid day. It was like some mid day three. What y'all know about LTD Jeffrey Osborne was the least saying l t.
Speaker 3: D Jeffrey Osborne the real deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because a lot of these guys were singers in the group.
Speaker 1: But you know, hey, it's like, hold on, man, were splitting this money, you know, five six different ways.
Speaker 2: Let me go do my own thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Teddy p was in Harold Melvite in the Blue Notes. He left, Yeah, Melvi didn't want to break the money off.
Speaker 2: He left. It ain't been no hal or no Belding or the Blue Notes. You know. Uh, l T D.
Speaker 3: Alna Richie was in l t D two, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He was in the Commodore's Commodore And I'm chirpping. They had the Commodore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all went to Tuskegee together.
Speaker 3: That music back then, it ain't the same. Oh yeah, yeah, it ain't the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The guys left the group. You know, remember.
Speaker 1: George Michael was a careless was Careless Whisper? Yeah, Wallam that was the name of the group.
Speaker 2: Wam. Oh he left Carless Whisper was the song Yeah he left?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, he said that was the solo. He's saying that by himself, that that's some good music.
Speaker 1: Back then, which I know about that better right, no pay no game, Betty right right, talk to y'all whole day.
Speaker 3: Barbara, Barbara, Barbara. This is Shirley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, well she used to get down boy. Yeah. Yeah, ever, you ain't got nothing here. But that was that was they bad. But you know what, they don't they're not.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they don't think that music could sell anymore, because but nobody really does music like that anymore. But everybody back then, I mean, even big bands were doing slow songs. The Atlantic Star was a band, yeah, and then you know they sung like that, huh. Cooling the game and earth winning fire stylistic of the Barcades Ohio player and.
Speaker 2: Y'all seen y'all seen Charlie Wilson perform. I did not want the play. I was on the playe with it. I told him I was on the play with him. It was talking.
Speaker 1: But I saw him when he was with the Gap Band. I've never seen them perform by themselves. When I've seen the Gap Band, I've seen Cameo, I've seen Fat Boys. I've seen run Dem seen the Fat Boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, outstanding girl, you knocked me out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Joe. As a matter of fact, Joe, you know what up that Miss Betty right from Liberty City and she yeah, she's from the crib bolly, Miss Betty right.
Speaker 3: Get down, boy, yep, Miss Betty right right out of Liberty City.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, but I wish, like I said, I never got a chance to see Prince. I had an opportunity, and the guy had the tickets and he wanted twenty five hundred dollars a ticket. I say, I see him at another time. A week later he had passed. Oh man, that's like, that's like when Michael Jackson passed. Boy, I was going I was gonna go see that the last shows he had. Yeah, oh for sure, Yeah, I want to see that. Yeah, yeah, some some things you just got to see, you know, Michael Jackson. I don't hey, I don't care if he was lip sinking. I didn't care if he it was in a wheelchair. I was gonna go see Michael Jackson. I laid eyes on Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, I got some cast that's a little older than me from the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Right. They was like, Joe Man, we want to see Michael Jackson. Ain't gonna lie, he said. As soon as he came out and there, I started crying.
Speaker 2: I said, what you crying for? He said, I don't know. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: My aunt went saw them. My aunt and uncle, well, my uncle and aunt. It was my uncle, my brother, my grand my, my mom's brother and his wife went to see the Jacksons. I think it had to be seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see y'all twenty three. Hey, please keep ice off for football season. You need the delusional cowboy fan. And do you guys say Lennonburg playing in the Whins shows he's going to have a negative impact on longevity.
Speaker 2: Hold on, why I gotta be delusion? Of those come on Bro.
Speaker 1: He speaking with my team. Man through the good, the bad, and ugly, we're gonna bounce back.
Speaker 3: That would be delusion, Joe Chill, I'm not I'm bad bad?
Speaker 2: Are you a delusion or two? If that's the damn king?
Speaker 3: I know you're right, you're right, I'm not the loser.
Speaker 2: I'm naive. Uhh yeah.
Speaker 1: But any time, like if Joe like Chastain, a lot of them groups come to Chastain. Joe, you right over there, yeah, im man, Look, I should take my mama every summer.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We used to go sit out there. There's literally two men's up the road. Like man, we have been out there. The food he drag, the colo she got, she got, our ice coolers and everything with us. Yeah yeah, heyt of out of saw REMI shing Boontie James or Indie I re Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh Seal, that's who does a great concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a young man Seal looking like huh oh.
Speaker 2: Lord have mer y'all probably got like the same like skin complexion.
Speaker 3: Were twins? Were twins? Were twins? Hey, that's that's mister Heidi Clumb. That's mister Heidi Clumb used to be Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know that's one thing.
Speaker 2: But that's dog for But we could pull them.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah you you like you like blurble, you black and purple like a hickory. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, I used to be darking this. I don't got the son so I don't lighten up a little bit, and I'm like a mocha. I'm like a Moka brown or yeah yeah yeah, Joe, yeah yeah, you know you know you see Joe. See back in the early eighties, Joe have been in style, o Joe, You and I wouldn't have been in style, get back in style until until Jordan Jordan here, then Wesley. Yeah, I've been at the top of the chart since. But then you need to be like Elder Bars.
Speaker 3: You need to be like you know, you need like yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's too like the Boyden Boys bruised too easy and see.
Speaker 2: How they don'e went out of style. We in style, jo Ojo, what you're talking about? Yeah? Yeah, I be yo, Joe. You I mean you lighting up, but you dark enough, so you know they like.
Speaker 1: My mama was like she was yellow. My mama was yellow. My dadd okay, my daddy he dark and crispy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I kind of got like you.
Speaker 3: Got in between Yeah, no, hey, no, no listen. And this was back in the slavery days. Joe wouldn't have been in the field.
Speaker 1: Joe, your house, the house he'd been telling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I like.
Speaker 1: Hey, I make sure old Joe at that doing the damn work.
Speaker 2: I know that. Hey, hey, you remember life like hoppy Bob, Hey, boss, he ain't working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would have been Joe. He was uh hey woman semeel Jackson name and Janey Joe Joe, Hey, Joe would have been Steve.
Speaker 2: Killed that role boy, you.
Speaker 1: And mean he should have got he should have got an oscar for that role man like uh and the what he did with a Matthew McConaughey. Yeah, when they when his daughter got raped and he went to the courthouse, and he should have got off for that road too.
Speaker 2: Hey that bore cold? Oh yeah, yeah, that that's what you call.
Speaker 1: Uh So back then, you know the al be Sure, the Elder bar, the Chico, the bars all, yeah, really looked really good hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, w ain't stand a chance? Whin instead a chance?
Speaker 1: Mike came along every since O Mike came along with the tug out this Wesley. It was Ray. We've been all good. Oh yeah, they Wesley boy. He yeah, yeah, we've been at the top of the charts ever since. Tyler Spence. Oh Joe, tell a joke. We wanted, oh Joe joke.
Speaker 3: I told, I told her already he missed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got us. You know, I got no chill.
Speaker 1: Cut cut one, cut one two, Okay, cut I guess keep uh, I guess hold on. He says, got keep cut one, keep one, trade when it's supposed to be right, cut one, keep one, okay, Okay, you got a belt, you gotta switch. You got the extension cord, the that you call it gone? That one gone, that's what you called it. That Hey, he gone, and she ain't doing anything else. I'm taking. I'm taking that belt over there, over that h that switch. Yeah yeah, I'm taking. I ain't want no part of that extension cord. That thing don't break. I tell y'all, listen, he's got teeth thinking you were like a dog.
Speaker 2: Of that.
Speaker 1: Listen, dog my aunt t shirt boy, that's how she was a switch. Yeah's your cord? Yeah, she put fear you hard boy, Hey, Hey, shoot, Hey, that lamp don't work no more. Hey they cut the cord. I'm like, hey, throw the whole thag away. What you cutting the cord off.
Speaker 2: Of walking around the house with it around their shoulder like this? Him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey should have had a heavyweight belt number one as cut him all time. Hey, waye seventeen. A whooping fresh out of the shower is the worst whipping you can get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn. I ain't never had one of them.
Speaker 3: Shower I know about I know about out to sleep because they tell you to do something before you go to bed, and you forget to do it and they come home and they beat you out your sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my grandma was notorious for that, so yeah, you know what I hold Joe. My grandma would beat me and my brother and then get on the phone and tell everybody or when they come on from four Sunday. Yeah, I had to tell that boy ass up. Ain't nobody to ask you that I be talking about church? You just out of church and talk about you had to tell the boy ass. Yeah, I shut down on his head.
Speaker 3: You're proud of that?
Speaker 2: You like, I mean, you had like you just want a thousand dollars granted that. Yeah, that's how it went back in the day.
Speaker 1: Boy, they called everybody. Yeah, he's over there being mannied. Oh lord, people ain't even ask you none of that, grant it. Ain't nobody ask you nothing about no whipping. Ain't nobody asked you nothing. I don't even know why you.
Speaker 2: Brought that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, by the old people that have no chill, they tell everything. Hey, don't you be speaking a My grandma said was don't speak a stop speaking behind people, which means don't repeat what you heard somebody.
Speaker 2: Say, keeping it? Why are you telling you speaking?
Speaker 1: Why are you taking out of this house? I should have cut that boy ass up there telling what happened in this house.
Speaker 2: You do it all the time. I should cut your hands. Did Yeah, that shuit was different back then, boy, Oh yeah, they can't.
Speaker 1: They wait till you get that shirt off, man, or my grandma shut down on you with Hey, you grabbed that, let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, you know I ain't gonna be do that. Great now, I'm gonna hold on a little while longer. We are a scar behind them. Many. Hey, boy, I don't know if my girl might have been the number one seed. But hey, she wasn't getting out of the top five. Uh niehr uh tall and brown skinned? Hey, big head?
Speaker 2: That would that would have been saying. That would have been saying, man, you already know it. You already know we ain't talking to him in a while. How they hit you? They slide in your d MS or send you a text? Hey, big head?
Speaker 1: All right, now, come over there. Yeah, I ain't hurt for you in the while. You told me not to call you no more. I be talking what you expect you tell somebody not to call you no more? He ain't talking about I ain't hurt for you the while. But you know I ain't really mean that. How am I supposed to know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know them girls? Did you know they want to chase They want them to chase them. They want us to chase them. Y'all know how it go, man, I said, I know how to have mercy.
Speaker 2: Coach you wrong. OJ's hope all is well.
Speaker 1: Thankful for another twenty four Above the ground y'all gave my pops a shot out a while back. Much appreciated what played from y'all's career. Do you wish y'all could get back.
Speaker 2: Play. Yeah, oh, I remember, like yesterday.
Speaker 3: The AFC Championship.
Speaker 1: Nope, mm hmm, it was a play we lost the regular seal. Was the regular season game. We'd had home field about if we win the game and we end up losing by like three points, we win the game. I dropped the testdown to side things on against the Raiders. We win the game, we get home field. We ended up having to go to Buffalo for the AFC Championship game and we lost ten seven. And I remember, like yesterday happened just like they drew it up. Starting tight motion out linebacker Robinson from U sailing number fifty seven.
Speaker 2: I forget his first name, oh man for me.
Speaker 1: My first year in Brooklyn, when I got traded to Brooklyn, we played the Bulls in the playoffs first round. Man, I had a pretty good series, but the game seven at home in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Okay ojo. I went to uh.
Speaker 1: I went to hot yoga at like two o'clock in the evening. No, I'm not going like five in the morning, so I give myself time to recover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get some fluids back in you, man.
Speaker 1: I went at two o'clock in the evening, had to go straight to the arena when I left there. I'm talking about I was depleted. You hear me, I'm talking about It's like I couldn't get out of the first gear.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I finished the game with four points and wet. We like our ass trash if I get that game bag board, Why you go that late? Because uh man, I had my lady in town. She had her friend there. You know, it's playoffs. I'm trying to and so I got up late. So I'm like, man, I'm gonna catch this two o'clock. I'll be all right.
Speaker 2: I got in the game. I felt like I was stuck in first gear. I couldn't even move o Jo, what the coach? You always tell us after Friday practice, Get off your feet?
Speaker 3: Get off your feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah right away?
Speaker 1: What about your Stomachause you're back. I will be on something. Ain't gonna be over feet, but I'm gonna be on something.
Speaker 2: About that. Mc robinson, Oh yo just paid on his money.
Speaker 1: You technically oh him twelve K on the college football playoff with Indiana beat Miami. It was double when you put fifty nine hundred on that game. Damn, I ain't I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: We ain't.
Speaker 2: We ain't that we ain't bet that. Yeah we did. Yeah, I came.
Speaker 3: Hey, who is that man there? Y'all sach well, I gotta stay withre, I gotta stay from around y'all.
Speaker 1: Man Vegas resident going our solo. I'm single. So you got three? Uh, you get three?
Speaker 2: Got advice on non creeper approach to going up to a woman? Three nine, Yeah, creeper advice. So you don't want to make it seem like you don't even need we need three?
Speaker 3: I give you one?
Speaker 2: What you got? Use confidence? That's it.
Speaker 1: Confidence attract There ain't nothing you can say that makes you sound like a creep, only when you don't find you attractive or interesting.
Speaker 2: Would you think anything that you say sound creepy? Yeah? Hey, baby, I got fifty grand for you. Oh you just think you creep? Get away from me, right right? You look good? Oh? How you doing? Hey?
Speaker 3: Even even if you don't look good, confidence will always win you. Got to be confident, got to be no stuttering? Hey, how you doing? Listen? I couldn't help but notice you from across the way. I don't mean to interrupt and being your personal so you.
Speaker 2: Stay at your creep.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what are you doing Hey, hey Joe, Hey Joe, one thing about it, boy, I got to give a gad I could talk you hear me? Yeah, hey man, listen, man, I could talk.
Speaker 2: They already heard he ben mouth of town. Yeah. Hey, you know what I'm saying. I wouldn't said the word out of the streets like word get around on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, one a one thing about it, Joe, yemm a word of my travel pass and everybody want that experience.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, yeah, hey that man talking about Hey man, he we are come over to the house. We gonna have a cookout. What you think I drank? Got that joke glass on you? Joe?
Speaker 1: Hey, I got to bring my own solo cook No, I got I got so cop you know I thought about I use him.
Speaker 2: No, that's wrong with it.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, you go to a I brother, you got.
Speaker 2: To go and care and drink after that joker.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, hey Joe, Joe, I'm just living man.
Speaker 1: Nah, you ain't no, No, that ain't much they boy, don't mind tossing the salady, dude.
Speaker 3: I mean you you want to you want to toss the sally? You want to eat him? Which one?
Speaker 2: I just came with you. Oo. I'm just asking. I'm asking a question. This man helped chat. I mean, he had lost, so he a lost call. He I ain't never been lost. I got GPS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you going? Huh, where you're going? We already know where you're going. Heaven, don't never go to the front door, always going to the back.
Speaker 3: I've always been a rebel unk just because they just.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Samuel Grand what he got upset about was a lie anyway, tried to say. She ain't shake his hand when it's clearly dead. Just take the l and move on. That's what it was, bro, That's really that simple. Gino expected to win. He felt he had the better team. He was the odds of betting favorite, he was the defending champ. He expected to win. And when he didn't win.
Speaker 2: This is what we got.
Speaker 1: No shaking, no hands about you waited three minutes that woman that shake shook your hand, and don't walk back to a bench.
Speaker 2: She did, she did so.
Speaker 1: I don't know what Gina was taking. I mean, and like I said, an apology you need to need it. It gotta include. You can apologize to South Carolina, you could apologize to the staff, but it to to to forward to hit. It needs to be personal accountability. Who did I offend? Who did I say?
Speaker 2: And do this too?
Speaker 1: Mister incredible, mister one incredible level O Cho King, I so please help me wish my daughter Scarlet a happy eleventh birthday? Sure well, Scarlet happy eleven? I know, I mean what a what eleven year olds? O?
Speaker 2: Joe? You got eleven year old? Which take to you?
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 1: Un?
Speaker 2: You got eleven year old? Where you take? Where do you take eleven year old? Young lady?
Speaker 3: My eleven year old? Their birthday? We went to horseback riding. We went to the jumping place, We went to Extreme action park. I let him ride, go cards, video games, and we did. We did a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: Joe. You have been to Andretta's in Atlanta? I did.
Speaker 1: I should do an event up there? What you talking about? I've been being on them go cars going crazy up there Andretti's Andred ANDREDI got go carts, they got the fans, go cards.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, ain't none of this play play? Yeah? Yeah, So if you ever want to smoke Onie, you know, I don't dust drive.
Speaker 1: Man't see because you can't see, Joe don't do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, I'm serious, bro Joe.
Speaker 3: There's nothing you can beat me in competitive.
Speaker 2: Oh till everybody have seen this on the night camp outside.
Speaker 3: What you mean you still talk about that show from three months ago?
Speaker 2: I can only go out what we done done well?
Speaker 1: I just beat I just beat you in marg Yeah you didn't, Now you didn't, you didn't Wine. How would it go if a player tried to get out of a contract like what Sisty did the Gucci allegedly now the d O j did brain charges said, Uh. Sisty allegedly reportedly to get out of his contract pulled a pistol on Gucci man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the boy Gucci Gucci. Yeah. Them boys in Memphis ain't playing, man, They cain't down nothing about being there.
Speaker 1: They were they I guess they came from Memphis the Dallas because the meeting was set up in allegedly, Oh Joe, Joe, we got to use Allegedly and reportedly is that people left from Memphis went down. There was a meeting schedule in Dallas, and when he got there, there's like, look, this is what needs to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't I don't know much about it. I don't get. I don't get, bro, you just did you just what a nickel of three or nick?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you but you got out and you're making money and to potentially put yourself back in harm's weight. Man, them dudes on them dudes gonna be thinking like that. They they they going for respect, homie. They like, hey, if you don't done me, file or done somebody in my family wrong them dude coming for respect.
Speaker 2: Bro, Oh that's the number one currency. Yeah. Yeah, they're not. They're not. They're not.
Speaker 1: They're not playing the ain't even thinking about going back to the fizz. He's like, man, damn this, you're gonna sign these paper, get me out this contract.
Speaker 3: That music business boy is dirty boy, All dirt is dirty.
Speaker 2: Damn idiots. I just.
Speaker 1: He came out and ran it up too, boy, poo Pool shikes that came out ran it up.
Speaker 2: But the first day out, yam.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna be get my interview. Now you better get it. Might be a little wild, might be a little wild.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Jay John Washington, what's up? Fella's question? What is something you wish you could go back in time and do again? But you can't say your sports careers. I can go back in time and do again.
Speaker 2: Uh, I bet go back and do it again and again. You know what I'm saying, Joe, run it up? Oh man?
Speaker 3: Can I go back in time and do again?
Speaker 2: You know what I think?
Speaker 3: For me it was it would took care of my business in high school the right way, so I could have went to a four year institution.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know I was mature enough to have of that situation. Being around you, you being around me. We went exactly where we were supposed to be. Yeah, yeah, it probably it probably would have been.
Speaker 2: I know mine.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I had some situation. I had a situ weal man, I probably should have been mad man.
Speaker 2: Damn. We probably all passed up a few, that's yes. But but you know what.
Speaker 1: To go in like a parking spot in the mall, just drive around another on open up. You know what I'm saying, don't, Joe? You don't like I think that power? Man, I missed it. Gove around there was right there, just got a car walk right in the mall. Yeah, but you got Joe. For me, I ain't gonna lie to y'allo. It'll be you know, not having kids with multiple women, Bro, I ain't. I'm gonna keep it real, d Dangel. I ain't worry like I sit and talk to my son he nineteen Ojo and uh you know that Testostrom jumping out his chest hear me, Yeah, yeah, he man that that ship just ain't it just ain't that cool to me?
Speaker 2: I ain't. It ain't cool to me, bro, because you have to deal with I definitely not have done it like that.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Joe, Yeah, because you gotta deal with too many different personalities attitudes, and it's just like damn like I you know, I kind of pinch myself sometime, like damn, like I could have been better than that in that aspect.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I just keep it one hundred.
Speaker 1: I agree, Joe. I think the thing is that my co parents did a great job. I think they did a great job of explaining to the child. Your dad ain't like me some of the things that I lets lie, your daddy gonna bust hell out you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and so there's a level. I've always had a level, and you know, kids, I've explained to them. I said, I've dynamic relationship. Won't ever change the dynamic of our relationship. Will ever change. They like, they looking at me, like, Daddy, what you mean? I said, I'm always gonna be to day and you'll always be the child. Yeah, we're never gonna be here. Yeah, so don't talk or behave in a matter where you think you're here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. As as they got older, I treated them more and more like adults, and I didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, we had we would have a conversation as opposed to when they were child, I told them what to do. But as they got older, I was like, I started showing them a little and they did not that I disrespected them as a child, but I.
Speaker 2: Didn't reason what a child. I said, this is what we're gonna do. This is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: If I say we're gonna eat, I'm going to eat here. This is where we're going to eat. If I say this is what we're gonna eat tonight, this is what we're gonna eat tonight. As they started to get older, I started to compromise more.
Speaker 2: But but let's stay in our prospective places. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never got down on their level, because hey, let a puppy lick you long enough in the mouth, you think you'll stand up to you, bite you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like. I'm with you on that, uncle. I don't do like.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with my kids, like we have a good time. But I ain't one of your friends. Bro, I'm not one of your friends. I ain't even trying to act like one of your friends. I'm just keeping on. Not like the way I the way I was raised, that just wasn't.
Speaker 2: That was a no go. Like your your your pants, your elders. They ain't play that, you know what I mean? So I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't play that. So it's like, for instance, me and my son we go play pick up. Oh ho, he got a potted mouth I'm talking about. He just out there cussing like I'm one of his homeboys or something.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no. I had to pull him to the side. I stopped the game. Say hey, hey, man, me watch your damn mouth out here. Man.
Speaker 3: I ain't want to I'm saying, yeah, I know, I know, I know what to do to you now.
Speaker 2: I know what the heat and then heat the battle. I get it. We competing, were playing pick up. You know things may not be going your way. Man.
Speaker 1: I stopped playing. I ain't man, I can't play with you, Brian. I beten fount you out here like man that Joe. I remember the first time I went with the kids, Uh, they grown. We go out to eat, like, what would you like to drink? They ordered the alcohol.
Speaker 2: I said, what y'all doing? They're like daddy, were grown?
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy the older the older kids, Brojoe, Huh, I mean my older girls. Yeah, them them three that's about twenty and up. They drinking, Yes, yeah, they drinking.
Speaker 2: Look and I know when they went to college Ocho and Joe, I know they drinking, but just not around me. That's all I'm saying. Bro. But I'm just like, I gotta, I gotta let it go. I'm like, yeah, but that no, no, no, no, no, all that, but all that, all that cussing.
Speaker 1: That more I mean, hey, I let hey, damn and hell and that I let that slipt sly more Ford.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: Now come on now, me and my me and my oldest son ain't played pick up in by three years.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm sid because of that, we gonna play pick up.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about, dude, just cussing like I'm just one of as potton as I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, bro, you like be I don't know what, Joe, I think something. I think that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Be raised up in the South and raised up in that environment because my my, my uncles and aunts had kids of their own. It wouldn't curse in front of my grad That's what I'm saying. I don't never curse in front of my mama, my grandma. No, no, no, I I mean we might say. I remember the time I said as in front of my grandma. My grandma said, what you said? I said, ass in the Bible? She said, not in that context. Today he said he rolled one into the city every talking about it. But the man, Yeah, I'm like, oh no, whoa wh hold on?
Speaker 2: Now come on now, yeah, I get it. I understand you grown. You know you've grown. I get that. Let's say, hey, I'm still dad. Now there we go. There we go.
Speaker 1: Kid nineteen fifty three, John Ojo. Have you noticed big punchers have suspect chance. For example, Tommy Hearns Clitchko hit the canvas multiple times.
Speaker 2: Boy, they were fighting some folks though them. Yeah, yeah, they were fighting some dogs. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Tomy the boy look here and you know, back then in the eighties, you wouldn't. It wasn't nobody dunck it no sub.
Speaker 2: Hearns and High and Leonard and Duran, I ran Barkley. Uh you know, man, you had to fight. It wasn't like it is now.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get You didn't get an opportunity to pick and choose. Well, I want to No, no, no, no, no, no no no no no.
Speaker 2: Uh Mike, Mike, what up Big three for while the next fight? Excuse me? How about him and Jake Paul?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, because I don't know if he goes, he'll play a ride with him like uh like uh Joshua did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I don't want to see that. I want to. I watched him fight Joshua. Yeah, I would too. I watched that.
Speaker 1: Rick Kwan, Howard, Hey, Ojoe King Io and still Hello one only uh ojo. Do you believe Herman Moore? She could be in the Hall of Fame? Alight sold.
Speaker 2: Did you ever match up against Flip Murray in the league? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I matched there with Flip Flip with my teammate at one point here in uh Atlanta. But I against Flip when he was flipped when he was playing in Seattle when he uh, ray Allen got hurt.
Speaker 2: This was two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: Five Ray Allen got hurt, flip stepped in and man averaging about twenty four twenty six a game. Damn y'all. He would get into that chicken. Ray he was get in the chicken. He wasn't playing flip flip that game. He could play. He from Philly, he got some game. Oh Joe, you believe Herman Moore should be in the hall. I don't do you remember her?
Speaker 2: Did you you remember Herbie Detroit with Johnny Morton? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Scott Mitchell buried the backfield. Brett Perriman also.
Speaker 2: Yes, Scott Mitchell was a quarterback. Yeah, Scott Mitchell came to you guys, didn't he? Yake, sure did yep.
Speaker 3: Before Carson got there was Scott Mitchell and John Kidnam. Yeah. I think I think you should.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is my first family Easter dinner after losing my mama last June. Every by since I know you guys have dealt with something similar. Keep up the good workfellas. I don't have any advice. At least my grandmother has passed. We ain't had a dinner My grandmother passed in twenty fifteen and we hadn't been together since, and there's a great chance we're not gonna get together again. Hey, it ain't the same, not now obviously if there's you know, funeral something like that. But just get together like how we used to get together.
Speaker 2: Don't happen no more. Nah, that's over. And I'm saying, I mean, but it is what it is. But I knew that. I knew once Granny passed because the connection, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're coming okay, grand grand you know, and everybody coming together. But that's there's really everybody's I done been away so long, Spanky's been away for so long. Yeah, it's kind of how it comes out. Yeah, it's just different. I mean, we used to get together all the time before Sunday everybody would come over to Papa's.
Speaker 2: Uh uh you know, yeah, man, it ain't. It ain't the same. It ain't the same, and it's never gonna be the same. You understand that.
Speaker 1: You just you hold onto the memories that you have, Yes, you had you realize how special that moments were. And I think you take it for granted then because you think this thing is gonna be forever. You think, you know, man, you know you think this thing gonna happen forever.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know. And they go fans too, by man, and you see how it was in life when the people got off and it just seemed like the years before you look. Yeah, and that's the thing it was, you know, granted, was the thing.
Speaker 3: That held everything together and.
Speaker 1: Together everything everything orbited around this boy when she went away, and thing just trying to just like drifted away. Grandma gonna call everybody where you at we down here, what you're doing while you ain't down here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sunday after church, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know about, child, man. I was in church for a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about nine o'clock in the morning till three thirty four o'clock in the evening.
Speaker 3: Man for three hours, Joe, three hours.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe were pulling shifts on me. My listen. My grandma was the lead singer in the choir. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm in church probably three four days out the week. Just keep it one hundred. I'm at Bible study, I'm at Choirhurst, Yep, I'm man, I'm in church. Yeah, hey, boy, I'm talking about. That's why I'm in That's why I'm in favor. Man. My grandma prayed over me, boy, since I was a little bitty boy. Yeah, had me in church all the time because the big Sunday was second and fourth Sunday, the third Sunday. And now you got the young kids leading everything. They leading devotional service, they leaving prayer service, they're in the choir. So you have all the junior deacons, the junior choir, all that other stuff going on. And like you said, you had the fourth every Sunday, and then you had a Bible study. Yeah, choir practice, Yeah, prep meeting at my grandma house. Everybody come over there. He got preer meeting. They talking about a little bit of everything. Oh man, something. It was something every day almost yep. My grandfather was the head deacon. Grandma granted, was the mother of the church. We cleaned the church, so we had to cut the grass at the church. We cleaned the inside of the church. So every every Saturday, that's.
Speaker 2: What we did.
Speaker 1: We go cut the grass and then we clean the inside, make sure all the trash taken up, do all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, my grandpa was an usher and a deacon. That boy did anything. He ushered you to you see, hey, hey hey, then he get up there with the pregat man. Listen, we was in church all day, bro yep, because you had Sunday school. And then you get like ten fifteen minutes the next day. You know they're singing till they're about to start church. Yo, Lord have burst. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We greatly greatly appreciate that. We know who will be playing for the national championship. It'll be the University of Michigan taking on the Huskies of Yukon. Thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up. That is the Bengal Ring of Fame Arnoie. Liberty City is own a form of Pro Bowl in and All Pro that is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. And the third member joining us a universe of Arkansas lum Little Rock, Arkansas native, a seven times NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks that is Iso Joe Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and do it a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support, because none of this is possible without you, and thanks to you, we become the success that we've become, and only because of you will continue to achieve.
Speaker 2: That level of success.
Speaker 1: So again, thank you for your support, and you'll continue support those look at the purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Head over to La Portier Kannak dot com to grab you a bottle if it's currently unavailable at a state or city near you. Remember it is a premium vessel p Kanyak, the smoothest, best tasting vessel P Kanyak on the market. Try it compared against others and you'll see. But remember we have the OG bottle, which is the seven fifty. But now we have the junior, which is the three seventy five. That's what Joe has. He has the OG bottle with the yeah yeah fifty. Yeah yeah, you got the big boy, So thank you. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. University of Michigan takes down the Arizona Wildcats by the score of ninety one to seventy three, even though the All American Lindor only played fourteen minutes, they will still able to overcome and.
Speaker 2: Suffocate the Wildcats.
Speaker 1: By eighteen, Michigan became the first team in NCAA tournament history to score at least ninety points in five straight games in a single tournament. They'll be taking on the Yukon Huskies, who top Illinois to advance to their third title game in the last four seasons. And if Dan Hurley is able to do this, he would do something really really special. Only if I'm not mistaken, only Coach Wooden, because when you go back Coach K, Coach Skrzyzewski, excuse me, coach K, Coach Smith, Roy Williams. There have been some great coaches, Coach Knight to do this three and four years in today's when you got the nil O, Joe and Joe and you got guys moving around.
Speaker 2: This is special. This will be very very special.
Speaker 1: So Monday night for the National Championship, the Michigan Wolverine takes.
Speaker 2: On the Yukon Huskies.
Speaker 1: Lady Game Cocks took down the Yukon Husky sixty two to forty eight. They will face the UCLA Bruins, who took that the Texas Longhorns, and so now u c LA takes on the Lady Game.
Speaker 2: Cops for the national title.
Speaker 1: Derek Deontay Water one over Derek Chizora be a split decision and a very entertaining fight. Yo kic Outdudes Wimby and a No T thriller. He had forty points, thirteen assists, and eight rebounds to overcome Wimby's tremendous night when Wimby had thirty four points, eighteen rebounds, seven assists, and five blocks. So again, thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'mun he's oh Joe, He's alright, so we will see you tomorrow. Thanks for joining us, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's I mud could be could