Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: I am saying this because I'm really afraid that my country's going to be further weakened by this. I think we're going to see the end of American empire. Obviously other nations would like to see that, and this is a perfect way to scuttle the USS America on the shoals of Iran. But it's also going to end, I believe, Trump's presidency and effectively end it.
Speaker 3: So there's Tucker Carlson on his very very viewed and influential podcast, and then he goes on Bannon Steve Bannon's podcast, and Bannon, who was, you know, a major advisor to Trump when he got elected first time around. I don't understands politics. I don't quite get that. Maybe we can talk about that more. But to that comment that war with Iran will destroy the American empire and Trump's presidency, Trump was asked about that on the plane flying back to the United States last night.
Speaker 4: Were Carlson criticizing You're saying that you're complicit.
Speaker 1: In the war.
Speaker 5: I don't know what Tucker Carlson is saying. Let him go get a television network and say it so that people listen.
Speaker 3: You let him go get a television network so people listen. There's an old man who doesn't understand times have changed. Ah, yes, exactly. Yeah, Tucker Carlson has more viewers than practically every single show on every cable.
Speaker 1: Channel combined at once, combined at once.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, name the Host or Meet the Press or any of those shows on the major networks. Tucker's audience is way bigger than Meet the Press.
Speaker 1: Sure, or even the you know the alphabet networks Evening news is Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's just a guy who surprisingly or he's just trying to be because he understands modern media better than most people. He takes advantage of it all the time. See the fact that he announces things on Twitter. But uh, maybe he's just poking Tucker, which you know he has, he has a want to do. What is the Tucker Steve Bannon worldview? I used to watch Tucker was on Fox before he left. I'd watch every night, every single night. I often loved his opening segment, often loved it. Yeah, but I couldn't figure out his worldview, like a consistent state his worldview.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I have the energy to get into this, but I think there are certain people who have, uh have had crystallized in their mind. What does the approach look like that gets the attention and money of the clicks of the young, online, angry, hyper confident America first, but in an isolationist kind of nationalist, hypernationalist way. They've they've just crystallized that approach and it's been very, very PROFITGA.
Speaker 3: Well, so you think that's an act the world a large I figured out a niche to make a lot of money for both him and Steve Bannon. I feel like they believe it, and maybe Tucker is Tucker just really what huh believe what?
Speaker 1: Though? That's the problem.
Speaker 6: I can't, like you started, I don't get what they're pitching exactly, I think, and I don't know. Bannon is different from Tucker, is different than Candace Owen's, is different than you know, Matt Walsh, who intersects a little bit with that community.
Speaker 1: For instance.
Speaker 6: There are a bunch of names out there and they all have different approaches. They overlap a little bit. But yeah, there's there's a lot of grift there.
Speaker 3: Really. I I go back and forth on that. I've watched a fair amount of Tucker since he left Fox watching he seems sincere to me. I don't know if you went crazy or his claim is. I saw a great long interview with him where he claims that everything changed when he feels like he was lied to about the Iraq war. He pushed the war in Iraq really really hard, the weapons of mass destruction thing, on whichever show he had, and he's had a show on every network. He had a show on MSNBC, he had a show on CNN, and obviously he had a very successful show on Fox. He pushed the Iraq war hard. He feels like he was lied to. That kind of like broke his brain and then he went a different direction after that. Yeah, but he seems sincere to me, or he got so cynical he thought, these people don't care. I don't care anymore. I'm just gonna get rich. But man, he's good at it.
Speaker 6: Although the Iraq thing was in two thousand and three, and he changed completely again when he left Fox News.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: And again, just to make it clear, there are some of the list of ten or so of the people who are like the leaders in this thing that are probably ten percent grift in ninety percent and sincere. There are some that are ninety percent drift and ten percent sincere, some that are half and half. And y'all have to remember it's possible to be completely sincere. And your worldview is either just wrong the world doesn't work the way you think it ought to, or it's incoherent. Your prescriptions for the world are incoherent. So I don't know. It's a grab bag. For instance, Candace Owens saying, get ready, white American men, it's time for you to go die for Israel again. And then there's Tucker Carlson's favorite non historian, historian Daryl Cooper, offering prayerful words of consolation to his followers.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, don't worry, friends.
Speaker 6: As arrogant and invincible as he may seem, the end, the devil and all his children are cast into the lake of fire.
Speaker 1: He's talking about this the Jews, I guess.
Speaker 3: So I agree with this critique that I've heard many times. A number of the America First crowd seem to be America last. Really, they think everybody's better than us, and their decisions to do evil things is okay, but we shouldn't ever do anything right.
Speaker 6: Well, that's why they call him the woke right in some places, because the woke left says America's irredeemable. It was founded on racism. It needs to be terror torn apart for a brave Marxist future. And on the woke right it's America's irredeemable. It's become run by the Jews or the immigrants or whatever.
Speaker 1: There are all sorts of variations.
Speaker 6: Therefore, it needs to be torn apart and usher in a beautiful ultranationalist something or other future. So here you have one more. Here's Dave Smith, who was a comedian. Allegedly he's big in these circles. He's big on Israel committed genocide in gaz He was on Joe Rogan's podcast There is no bigger media in America than Joe Rogan's podcast. He referred to Trump reports that Trump is fully supporting Israel's action. He called Trump a trader to his own movement quote, if this is true, Trump is the most impotent bitch of a leader imaginable. He is allowing one side of a war who clearly wants to drag us in to lie about our involvement, while not correcting the record. Either way, Trump is betrayed MAGA and every principle of America First. He is no longer worthy of any of our support. He probably never was.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So is this Trump's kind of weirdly sister soldier moment? Yesterday? He told The Atlantic we repeated this. He said, I invented American America first. It's my phrase. I get to define what it is. I'm I'm the definer on This is basically saying which is true, and you don't get to.
Speaker 6: Tell me it's true until it's not. Many a leader has been eclipsed by their own movement. But I'm betting on Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is not going to be eclipsed by his own movement.
Speaker 3: He's going to lose a chunk of it, Certainly, he's going to gain a whole bunch of more people. Though I think, I mean this makes Trump look more sane then than it doesn't, more help than harm because obviously letting a ran get a nuclear weapon, how is that America first?
Speaker 1: That makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 6: I think some of these people indulge themselves in a fantasy that if we just keep to ourselves the rest of the world, we'll just keep to themselves. I don't know, just be lied by every moment of human history. Right in, the world's smaller. The world's smaller than it's ever been in terms of our ability to reach out and touch someone and everybody. Else's one final note when Trump does leave the scene, whether to go to heaven or hell, or when he dies in short or just when he's through as a president. And you know, he's an old fella, so he might be a quote unquote kingmaker for a while, but not indefinitely obviously, But as soon as he is no longer the north star of Maga, it's going to be complete chaos.
Speaker 1: In my estimation.
Speaker 3: Well, since you're talking about the end of the Trump era, let's revisit the beginning of the Trump era. We missed this anniversary yesterday. It was ten years ago yesterday. He comes down the escalator.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially running for president of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again.
Speaker 3: Not a person on planet Earth had any idea, how consequential that was going to be for a decade or more, as you were just laying out one of the biggest moments in political history, maybe in the world, depending on how things turn out, certainly in the United States of America. Yeah, And I'll always remember watching Fox Brett bar that night back when he used to have the amazing panel that included George Will and Charles Crodammer and Brett bhar asked them both played this clip about Trump's announcement. Kroudhammer said it was a stunt and nothing more. George Will said, I will not dignify it with a comment. That's how little they made of Trump's announcement. He took over politics in every way. He took over both parties. You're right, because everything the Democratic Party does is a reaction to Trump. He took over both parties for the next ten years.
Speaker 6: Right, And the Middle East at the least will be remade, I think in the next few years. And what's going to happen in Europe still mystifies the hell out of me. We haven't even gotten to Trump's just unhinged comments about Putin at the G seven yesterday, about he shouldn't have kicked him out.
Speaker 1: I can talk to him. You can't know. You can't talk to Putin.
Speaker 3: But anyway, obviously the last ten years he has dominated both parties. He's got three years at three and a half years left in his presidency, and as you just pointed out, he'll have some sway afterwards, depending on his health and everything.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm just I'm talking less about politics than the trajectory of world history. Sure, Middle East one hundred percent has changed. What's going to happen in Europe? I kind of derailed myself making the point what's going to happen in Europe is still utterly unclear to me. But he is an agent to change, no doubt.
Speaker 3: If you're a person that lean's Tucker Steve Bannon, what's your Let Iran get a nuclear weapon because it's.
Speaker 1: Not our war, not our job.
Speaker 3: I mean, canis owns suggesting white guys are gonna go die for Israel, gonna die to stop a rent The number one enemy of the United States for decades, has killed so many of our soldiers, has vowed to kill.
Speaker 1: Us all forever, my whole life. They want a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: That's why we'd be going to war if indeed we do, and I don't think we'll end up with a you know, American soldiers fight in a war anyway, right, well, anyway, I just wondered what your thoughts on that are on that text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 6: Yes, Joe, I was just gonna say, we've got to play the Israeli ambassador clip again.
Speaker 1: Oh when we come back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if you haven't heard this, Holy Cows is not getting more enough attention, stay tuned.
Speaker 8: During a bill signing ceremony last week, President Chun said the quote, Unlike Biden, I stay awakened and I thinking about how to save our country. And as everybody knows, all the best ideas come from a seventy nine year old man.
Speaker 1: On no sleep.
Speaker 3: Dude doesn't need much sleep, as is a famously known. Can you imagine being almost eighty years old and dealing with all this stuff, as a Mark Alpern wrote today, he's in the midst of making the biggest decision of his life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's easier when you're that age. Maybe I don't know, Maybe it is a couple of different things.
Speaker 3: But first, this, uh, this is the Israeli ambassador to the United States in an interview yesterday.
Speaker 4: When the dust settles, You're going to see some surprises on Thursday night and Friday that will make the deeper.
Speaker 1: Operation almost seem simple.
Speaker 3: So the pagers exploding and killing everybody in hes Bla at once, which is considered one of the greatest logistics, military ingenius legence, Yeah, intelligence tricks in the history of the world, is going to pale in comparison to whatever Israel's got Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 6: The imagination runs wild. Is it going to be something incredibly clever like that? Will it be a preview of what I've been talking about a lot when China decides to bring the Great Satan to its knees us and China flips off all of our electrical systems and water systems and credit card processing and banks and the rest of it. Is it going to be something like that? Now Israel has implanted in Iran systems.
Speaker 3: We made a bunch of childish jokes earlier in the show about exploding.
Speaker 1: Beards and what you did place.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of constricting belts. All of a sudden, your belt just starts squeezing you like a python.
Speaker 1: Thinking outside the vibe.
Speaker 3: What if you know you hide a monkey in their treurban. There's all kinds of things you could do. But wow, if all the electricity just get shut off in terran cell phones stop, I'd be pretty big.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again, and water and payment processing and banks and anything necessary to pump gas.
Speaker 3: I mean, ultimately I want them to not get a nuclear weapon. But in terms of just viewing the monkey in the turbine seems like pretty entertaining stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow, you see what I gotta work.
Speaker 3: How did they sneak the monkeys into their turbans without them even noticing they do that?
Speaker 1: Overnight?
Speaker 6: They took over a turbine manufacturer, right, found ways to crossbreed monkeys with those weird lungfish.
Speaker 1: That can be like dead in the dirt.
Speaker 6: For do you remember learning about African lungfish when you're a kid. Fascinating Google it folks, if you I'm.
Speaker 3: So they got their brand new don't look a new turbine, honey, and you put on your turban not knowing at all there's.
Speaker 1: A monkey and evil monkey hiding in there. It houses a dormant monkey, that's right. AnyWho, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Thursday or Friday and I was reading the National Review Andy McCarthy writing, He's his prediction is a quick US strike to destroy Ford, Oh, with the rest of the war war making left to the highly capable Israelis. That would be perfectly consistent with Trump's history, willing to act decisively but resistant to long term engagements. So we do the big stuff, bomb the crap out of that thing. Then we're out, and it's up for you. It's yours now, Israel.
Speaker 6: Trump has not shied away from the big traumatic hit and run. Solamony the obvious example taken out that general. Hey, for what it's worth, side miss this Trump truth doubt. Somebody please explain to Kookie Tucker Carlson that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. KOOKI why ayana uh so yew? That fracture continues to be very interesting. Coming up a couple of stories about the United States military that you may find interesting. For instance, Silicon Valley suddenly has rediscovered their patriotism in large measure.
Speaker 1: Love it, Bengetti.
Speaker 4: There's news in the case involving the death of actor Matthew Perry. You'll remember he died of a ketamine overdose in October of twenty twenty three, the Justice Department now saying doctor Salvador Placencia, one of two doctors accused of supplying the actor with the drug, has agreed to plead guilty to four counts of distribution of ketamine. To charge carries a maximum sentence of forty years in federal prison.
Speaker 3: Whoa maximum of forty you won't get the maximum, but even if he gets a percentage of that, that's.
Speaker 1: Quite a bit of time in jail.
Speaker 3: But then, you know, don't give drug addicts a drug that they obviously are using to get high, doctor.
Speaker 6: And don't give people drugs that you know might kill them. Drug dealers all over the world giving people of for instance, you kill somebody, you pay for it. So I keep thinking, all right, let's get away from the Iran thing. I just saw the headline in Washington. Lawmakers are continuing their efforts to limit Trump's authority to use forces to engage in hostilities against Iran. But it's like ro Kana Democratic California and Thomas Massey, Republican of Kentucky introducing a measure. There's a couple of senators who are down with this idea too, of essentially recapturing Congress's role in declaring war right, and I'm not hostile to that idea by any means, but the concept of declaring war has become so muddled in the last seventy five years.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what it means.
Speaker 3: Every president since nine to eleven is still using the same authorization for all this.
Speaker 6: Stuff right right in a way that you know, you look at it seriously.
Speaker 1: It's just it's silly.
Speaker 3: There is some breaking news Bloomberg is reporting Russia has said they will not help Ran.
Speaker 1: Wow. So that's interesting. Yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 6: If Trump was working that angle when he made those statements at the G seven. Very soft on putin. You know, we've mentioned this a couple of times. Why don't we go ahead and hit that, uh put the play thirty one for us, Michael, the G seven used.
Speaker 1: To be the G eight.
Speaker 5: Barack Obama and a person named Trudeau didn't want to have Russia in. Then I would say that there was a mistake, because I think you wouldn't have a war right now if you had Russia in, and you wouldn't have a war right now if Trump were president four years ago. But it didn't work out that way. But it used to be the G eight and now it's I guess what's that nine years ago? Eight years ago and switched over the They threw Russia out, which I claimed was a very big mistake, even though I wasn't in politics and I was very loud about it. It was a mistake in that you spent so much time talking about Russia no longer at the table, so it makes life more complicated, But you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have had the work.
Speaker 6: That's just an odd, odd statement. The G seven is a group of industrialized Western countries that see the world and trade and civilization more or less the same. And then you've got Russia annexing parts of Ukraine, invading crimea, taking crimea annexing.
Speaker 3: It's too soft a word. I know, it's the word everybody uses. But he invaded a country and took part of their land, and so yeah, I get to be in the G seven anymore. So yeah, you kick him out of the we follow the rules group. Yeah again, I don't know what Trump is doing there. I hope it all becomes clear at some point. But this is so interesting. This is another aspect of this that I didn't see coming. Neither did anybody else.
Speaker 6: And it's the Wall Street Journal editorial board talking about how recent events, including the current mayhem in the Middle East, just haven't really shaken prices that much.
Speaker 1: They call it the oil price spike that wasn't.
Speaker 6: And the longest short of it is, there's so much production of oil and it's so dispersed that it's well, it's like a free market economy is supposed to function. Something crazy happens here knocks this amount of oil production offline. These people over there say, no, we'll crank out more of it. It'll be fine, and they go through all sorts of different examples and sanctions and Russians selling discounted oil to the Chinese. But the Chinese have the option of blankety blankets. So there's too many moving parts for everything to go nuts.
Speaker 1: Probably at this point.
Speaker 3: Wow, So is that era over the idea of you know, a problem in one spot causes people in California you have to wait in line for gas.
Speaker 6: Barring a catastrophic disruption, as they point out, Yeah, there just won't be that much instability.
Speaker 1: Like there used to be. Interesting.
Speaker 6: If you want to geek out on that, we can post that at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. So this is a really good piece from the National Review talking about how in politics and government, clever is not always the same thing as good. Sometimes you use cleverness to deceive and to pull off crap that shouldn't be happening. They're talking about the Trump administration, the Department of Defense renaming nine major military bases. You remember, back in twenty three, the Biden Department of Defense changed the names of all of these forts because they were named after Confederates.
Speaker 1: So that happened in twenty three.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because that happened It started under George Floyd, where all kinds of things were getting taken off schools and rivers and statues and everything like that.
Speaker 1: But it took the twenty three that they changed the forts.
Speaker 6: Well right exactly, and so they named they renamed Fort Benning, Fort Braggfort go Jordon, Fort ap Hill, Fort Hood, Fort Lee, Fort Pickett, Fort Polk, and Fort Rucker. And then some of the new Biden era installation names were worthy individuals General hal Moore and his wife Julia Compton Moore, who were the same namesakes of Fort Moore, and some of the other ones they named for some pretty good people. Others were less inspired. Fort Bragg merely became Fort Liberty, whatever that means. I mean, I'm in favor of Liberty, certainly. But so now the Army has announced and this is the clever part. And I want to dislike this because I think the editors in National Review want to dislike it too.
Speaker 1: But I think I like it.
Speaker 6: The Army has announced it will redesignate these installations back to their previous names, but with a twist. Fort Benning is going back to Fort Benning, but this time it's named for Corporal Fredgie Benning, a first no you idiot, Fred Benning, a First World War hero, instead of Henry Benning, a general in the Confederate Army. Fort Gordon is back to being Fort Gordon. It's now named to Honor Master Sergeant Gary Gordon, a Delta for sniper, awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously for his actions at the Battle of Mogadishu. It's her Blackhawk down Mayhem. So they've found great admirable Americans in the list. I mean, it gives you a chill, it warms your heart. Distinguished Service Cross the recipient Colonel Robert B. Hood, who showed extraordinary heroism in France during WW two. Oh I'm sorry he was WW one. Fort Hood is now named after Robert B. Hood, So they found great loyal Americans with the same last names and changed.
Speaker 1: The fort's back.
Speaker 3: Fort Lee now named after Peggy Lee, Who's sang?
Speaker 1: How much? Is that Doggie in the window? A timeless classic, no doubt? All right, So Jack, come on, what do you think of this maneuver? Don't make it.
Speaker 6: Seems jyvy as hell if but Fort Bragg is now Fort Bragg again.
Speaker 1: But it's a different brag.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I guess I have to start at the premise that we need the forts to have the same name, because I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'd buy that. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: And then but if I accept that, it still doesn't it still doesn't it change the fact that if you are an actual racist and or fan of the Confederacy and believe something should be named for Robert E.
Speaker 1: Lee, that you know. Okay, I know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: You got to say this for the other people, but we know, we know that you named him after the Confederates.
Speaker 1: So cool, cool, We're with you, I mean, is it? I mean?
Speaker 3: I hate the term dog whistle. I think of the time when I heard dog whizzle. It's inaccurate or over bolown, but smitcho actually be one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. They mentioned in the National Review that very few Americans who resisted the changing names in twenty three did it out of affection for the Confederacy.
Speaker 1: Right. They resisted because of the.
Speaker 6: Spate of renaming seemed to be part of the whole woke cultural recruit.
Speaker 3: It all came with taking Thomas Jefferson's name off of the school and everything.
Speaker 1: It was all happening at the same time.
Speaker 6: Right, which is why at the beginning of the show I think it is, we have a recording saying from the Abraham Lincoln Studios that the George Washington you know, broadcast complex. That was a reaction to that, and the idea was that no, no, no, if we let you start with the Confederate generals, you're gonna end up turning the Washington Monument into the transsexual Monuments or whatever.
Speaker 1: Sure, just's a next thing, you know. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. This is clever, but is it smart? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just yeah, they'll just go you know what, Yeah, that's that's kind of a head scratcher.
Speaker 1: Different people have different opinions.
Speaker 6: Do you want to email us about this mail bag at Armstrong e getty dot com or drop us a note four one five two nine f KFTC to the idea.
Speaker 3: That it wasn't actually you know, fans of the Confederacy or racists that were fighting this. How many people ever thought for a second about who Fort Bragg was named after?
Speaker 1: He just referred to it as Fort Bragg because that's what you knew it was called. I mean, it's just I didn't do they look back on it?
Speaker 3: And then how how many buildings, bridges, whatever do you encounter every day in your life?
Speaker 1: You know, across the Robinson Bridge? As back up today? Robinson? Who Robinson? I don't know why it's the Robinson Bridge? Nobody ever asks or cares.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, Judy and I'll actually occasionally search on that sort of thing when we're taking road trips.
Speaker 1: Well, the John G. Robinson Bridge, Why don't you figure out who John G. Robinson was?
Speaker 6: Just to make the miles go by, And it's kind of fun. Actually, here's another fun thing. You're you're driving through a town, it's got like a big gaudy water tower or something like that. You search on that town's name, and and we've done this a couple of times, and.
Speaker 3: I must stay in bed. Now, that's with fortune cookie.
Speaker 1: That's your porn name. No, no, totally different thing.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And and usually the Wikipedia entry has notable people who've come from that town. And it'll be a couple of running backs in the NFL, it'll be a Supreme Court justice, it'll be a mass murderer, a porn star. And and you know the guy who invented the penicillin or something.
Speaker 1: That's a heck of a town makes them up.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the virtually every town in America, honestly cool. It's a it's a great way to make the miles go by, go bye. Speaking of military acts, and oh, back to your point about the whole Fort Brawd thing.
Speaker 1: Two things.
Speaker 6: It's worth reminding people over and over again that a lot of that stuff wasn't named that in eighteen sixty six. It was named that during the nineteen tens and twenties, when pushes for real civil rights for Americans, ending the Jim crowe are African Americans was being pushed, and a lot of avowed racists wanted to celebrate the Confederacy. A lot of that stuff was born for the worst possible motives. Second thing is, you know, to your point, nobody knows what Fort Bragg is. Anyway, I had another point that got me back to fifty one forty nine in favor of this. Yeah, it doesn't matter, let's move on. Well not, I got distracted by my own Yeah, yeah, what was it going to be is for bragged and named after?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I'm back to that. This is unequivocally good. I love this.
Speaker 6: Executives from a bunch of big tech companies have joined a new innovation Corps in the Army Reserve. It's a new Army Reserve unit that enlists Silicon Valley executives to upgrade the technical capabilities of the American Armed Forces.
Speaker 3: It's a great idea, and you know, now that you say it, it seems like OBS should have done this a long time ago.
Speaker 1: This is a great idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're referring to it as the nerd Corps. I think is that what they're calling. Yeah, Executives from Metapallaneer open AI are set to join the new Army Innovation Corps bringing tech upgrades to the military. These tech reservists will serve one hundred and twenty hours a year as lieutenant colonels advising on AI in commercial tech acquisition. And there is a real vein of patriotism and up with America running through some of the higher reaches of Silicon Valley right now, and an understanding that they're good buddies from China, aren't their buddies whatsoever? Let's see, you know, I could name these people. If you know them, you know them. But here's this forty three year old guy who wanted to be a fighter pilot.
Speaker 1: He was too tall.
Speaker 6: He went off to do other things, but he's never lost his desire to serve the country. He's the chief, the tech chief at Meta. Zuckerberg's going wow. He says, there's a lot of patriotism that's been under the covers that I think is coming to light in the valley. And these guys will have to do.
Speaker 1: Some physical fitness tests.
Speaker 3: Indicating this for a while. Don't make them do a certain number. Keep the guy out he can't do enough push ups fast enough. Who freaking cares right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: For the army, the deepening ties can help it prepare for the wars of the future. Obviously it's all going to be technology.
Speaker 3: So I mentioned this was a mom of one of my son's friends. They moved to Austin, Texas, like so many people I now have have left California for the obvious reasons. But anyway, she had been in the military. I think she's FBI since then.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she had to do all this physical fitness stuff.
Speaker 3: She was a computer person like this that she was super smart with computers, and that's what she did in the military. And she never could understand the physical fitness stuff or being able to shoot a gun. That's what she talked about. If it ever gets to the point where I need to shoot a gun, we're screwed. I mean just sitting sitting in a building somewhere running a computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get. We got to change the requirements for some of these jobs.
Speaker 6: A lot of folks listening in Silicon Valley, you want to keep the freedom that's given you the opportunity to innovate, Like y'all, are you gotta protect this country. I love this trend. Love it, love it, love it. Let's see more of it, more of the way.
Speaker 1: Here's our first one.
Speaker 9: Peloton seemed like a good idea during the pandemic. Baked Lays, you're gonna want to lubricate these things somehow.
Speaker 1: That's true, Taco Bell. They don't have to be drug but like.
Speaker 9: Big loss, like if a giant picked up a target and shook it, like a game of boggling. Grape nuts because breakfast should hurt and finally funians. There aren't enough listerine.
Speaker 3: Strips in the world to say to you now, baked lays, you do need some water handy.
Speaker 1: They are a bite full of the sahara to grape nuts.
Speaker 3: Breakfast should hurt my son because I hate grape nuts fairly regularly, and they're pretty healthy cereal. I mean there's no sugar or fat in them or anything like that, and lots of fiber, which I need incredibly bland, like most healthy stuff is. My son had his first bowl because he sees me eat him all the time.
Speaker 1: He said, do you eat these things? He said, I gotta throw them away.
Speaker 3: I said, make a small bowl because you might not like it because it is eating a little box or a bowl of rocks.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's dense as uranium.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, very filling. That's the other thing I like about it. A couple of spoonfuls and I am full.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the Peloton thing, which the crowd laughed at for quite a while. I guess a lot of people did that, but butcher exercisements.
Speaker 1: Did you do that, kiddie? You're one of them? Yeah, guilty. What is a Peloton? It's just a brand?
Speaker 3: Or is it the recumbent bike that has the screen and you can go on and take classes with people?
Speaker 6: Well, and the poor folks at Peloton Peloton said, we're growing like crazy and it'll keep happening, so let's expand like crazy and invest.
Speaker 1: All the money we're making into growing even more. And then it all went kurb bluey.
Speaker 3: I'm not mocking it because I've done it myself, but it's amazing our ability to convince ourselves that if we have the right piece of expensive equipment, we will exercise regularly.
Speaker 6: That's the multon was pretty good good. It had some real appeal to it because you'd take classes with the screens and all sorts of stuff and have landscapes go.
Speaker 1: By A missing link.
Speaker 3: Is not my ambition or getting over laziness or I just don't want to. Nope, it's the right equipment. That's what a lens of that, So we'll fix it. We do four hours every single day. If you miss an hour or a segment, you could get it in podcasts for them. You just subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty