Speaker 1: I am all in you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast Pop Culture Episode twenty one, Driving Miss Gilmore. I am joined by Mine Trevidru, Suzanne French, Danielle Romer, Amy Sugarman, Susanne French. Please I was leading off. Yes, I just thought us off my pleasure.
Speaker 3: So the episode title references the film Driving Miss Daisy, which is a nineteen eighty nine American comedy drama film based on Alfred Yuri's nineteen eighty seven play of the same name. The film stars Jessica Tandy, Morgan Freeman, and dan Aykroyd.
Speaker 2: I never see this, but I need to. I heard. It's like, it's a really good.
Speaker 1: That Jessica Tandy was a handful.
Speaker 2: Didn't you win the Oscars?
Speaker 1: You sure? Probably she was a handful.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 3: Did you work with her?
Speaker 1: Jes Jessica Tandy? No, now in the film her character?
Speaker 3: Oh he meant the actress?
Speaker 2: No, I did too. I was like, Wow, way to call it out.
Speaker 3: Did you know Catherine Hepburg.
Speaker 1: But I do have many stories. I have many stories of others.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all Lauren becall, I'm just gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: Two handfuls. Hepper was two handfuls.
Speaker 2: They were all alive in eighty seven, still Katherin, Hepburn, Betty Davis, Lucilla, Lauren Butcall and Angeline. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They I didn't realize this. They were all interested in playing Miss Daisy. I didn't realize they.
Speaker 2: Were all would have been great.
Speaker 3: Studio executives also considered Bett Midler and Eddie Murphy Perry.
Speaker 2: Which I also like totally different times.
Speaker 1: But movie wow, give me Eddie Murphy anytime.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to do the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Emily announcing, let's vote on that.
Speaker 2: Emily announcing it Friday Night Dinner. She's getting Lasik surgery. Three of the girls in my DAR group already had it done. I'm actually very excited. I got doctor Morris, the lasick man from doctor Sugarman, who's my ear nose and throat man. And he said doctor Morris is brilliant and very very handsome. So, as we mentioned in the episode earlier this week, doctor Joseph Sugarman is a real ear nose and throat doctor in Beverly Hills. We know that KTLA is Sam Rubin and many other celebrities go to him when they are sick, especially a lot of celebrities that use their voice a lot, because he's known to cure you of a throat issue. We are not related, although people ask me that all the time.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they ask him if he's related to you.
Speaker 5: Richard and Emily have Lorelei and Rory over for dinner and Emily announces she is getting lay sick, and then her doctor is very handsome. Richard says, everyone knows ugly men make the best doctors. Emily says that's absurd. Richard said, it's a fact, and Emily goes Marcus Welby was handsome and George Clooney Marcus Welby is a medical drama that aired on ABC from nineteen sixty nine to nineteen seventy six, and Welby was played by Robert Young. George Clooney is an actor and filmmaker best known for Ocean's Eleven Up in the Air, The IDEs of March, and Michael Clayton, amongst their movies.
Speaker 2: Paring Marcus Welby to George Clooney is a real stretch.
Speaker 1: Well, Marcus Welby, it was a little older, wasn't.
Speaker 2: He I'm not sure. I'm thinking Marcus Welby is really all that handsome.
Speaker 3: He wasn't the heart throb type.
Speaker 2: No, James Brolin was in that show, and he was real handsome. Tom Selleck and William Shatner were also in Marcus Well Be MD.
Speaker 1: Just like Yeah, Robert Young. I think it was like middle age or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, James Brolin was sort of the honk.
Speaker 1: But what else the hell she's talking about it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else did you know?
Speaker 5: During the nineteen nineties, Clooney often publicly asserted that he would never get remarried or have any children, but Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman both bet ten thousand dollars each that he would be a father before he turned forty. They are both wrong, and each sent him a check. He returned the money, betting double or nothing that he wouldn't have any kids by the age of fifty. At fifty three, he broke his vows to never marry again when he wed human rights lawyer Maul Clooney in twenty fourteen and in early twenty seventeen, and news broke to the couple were pregnant with twins.
Speaker 2: Good stuff sorright?
Speaker 1: Let me? Can I do one? Guys? Is that okay? Richard Emily shared that they had lunch with Christopher the other day and Laurel I asks why. Richard says, because there's been a lot of ten between us about the tuition incident and your mother and I thought it was time for a sit down, and Lorla says, sit down. What did you get Clemenza to hide the gun in the bathroom? First? Peter Clemenza, It's a fictional character was played by Academy Award nominee Richard Castellano and Francis Ford Copple's nineteen seventy two film adaptation of Mario Puzo's The Godfather and by Bruno Kirby as a young man and Godfather Part two nineteen seventy four. Did you Know? Francis Ford Coppola says that Richard Castellana was not in The Godfather Part two because he wanted to have someone else of his choosing rite his dialogue. But according to Costellano's widow, Costellano was dropped by Coppola because he refused to regain the weight to play Clemenza due to health reasons. That's very interesting. Didn't want to put on the tonnage for Francis interesting. I'll tell you lose a job anyway. I think you're up with the calisthenics.
Speaker 3: Yes, Michelle is running in place in a kitchen while on the phone, and he says, you know, you wouldn't treat Nicole Kidman like this. Nicole Kidman, red hair tall, Okay, Then Julia Roberts, you wouldn't treat Julia Roberts like this, red hair tall?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Then Scarlett Johansson, what are you a shut in? Nicole Kidman is an actress and producer. She is consistently ranked among the world's highest paid actresses. Julia Roberts is an actress known for her roles in Pretty Women, Notting Hill, and Aaron Brockovich, among many others.
Speaker 1: Now she's no slouch, you know, come on, shey't tell her a lot to.
Speaker 3: Scarlett Johanson is an actress known for her role in the Avengers franchise, among many other films. Time named her one of the one hundred most influential people in the World in twenty twenty one. Did you know that Julia Roberts personally hand picked Nicole Kidman to be her co star in Secret in Their Eyes, She sent her an email with the script attack that read, will you do this with me? Nicole also publicly said she really wanted Julia Roberts role in Nodding Hill, but since she thought she wasn't well known enough or talented enough to do it at the time.
Speaker 2: Wow, Shechelle is still bouncing after finding out he's been drinking two percent milk instead of non fat milk for the last two weeks. He's burning off the calories. Isn't this bouncing bothering you? It was, but now it's like having a Beyonce video on Beyonce Noles Carter is an American singer, songwriter, and businesswoman. She is married to rapper Jay Z. During the Super Bowl she released two country songs. Her song Texas Hold Them debuted at number one on Billboard's Hot Country Songs Chart. Did you know? She competed on the competition series Star Search in nineteen ninety three. This seems like the right time to give a shout out to the Today Show and the Dressing Room Drama with former Destiny's Child co singer Kelly Rowland. And There's nothing I want more. I want to know what really happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the deal with that?
Speaker 2: Like, what is going on? I can't really give a take until I hear all.
Speaker 1: The sides, So so what's the what's the allegedly what's the controversy? She should like? Savannah Guthrie was asking her about Beyonce all the time.
Speaker 2: I like your tidbits of knowledge here, Scott, so thank you.
Speaker 1: I guess I try.
Speaker 2: Kelly Rowland didn't interview. She looked beautiful, by the way. I did an interview with Savannah Guthrie about whatever Kelly Roland was promoting, and then Savannah asked her some questions about Beyonce whatever. Allegedly it's fine. Other sources say she wasn't happy about it. She was supposed to co host the third hour. Jenna Bush was off for some reason and with Hoda and then suddenly what we know is she walked out and didn't co host and they had to grab Rita Aura with one minute to spare to co host the hour. Shout out to Rita Aura for really stepping up. Alleged it's about the dressing room. That the dressing room was not sufficient. That seems weird.
Speaker 1: You mean you mean Kelly Roland got stuck in a closet, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Didn't like her dressing room, so she bailed. But that just track for me.
Speaker 1: But I'm just speaking out, just hanging around.
Speaker 2: The was probably on the Today Show and they just said, can you please help us? And she sure did. Wish I would have been there. I would have co hosted that third Hour without I don't even need a dressing room. I'll get dressed in the bathroom. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't get anybody's names.
Speaker 5: Right, But I just don't you feel like Kelly Roland wouldn't even care.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm like, I need so chilled to me too.
Speaker 2: I need more information because kids aren't notoriously not great. Like I don't know if you've ever been backstage at any concert venue, but I've been to a lot, and the dressing rooms are typically pretty gross but not fancy at all, but basically like practically just cement walls.
Speaker 1: But I think it was probably I think she's probably just annoyed that she can't get out from under the shadow of Beyonce. And that's all they do want to do is talk about.
Speaker 2: That's what they're trying to make it seem like but then they deny.
Speaker 1: I would say she's legit irritated by that, because I'm sure every interview she does, they all they want to do is talk, well, what do you think of Beyonce's success? And do you think it hurt your career that they broke up Destiny's Child and on start and look at you.
Speaker 2: Now you know allegedly it is about the dressing room, but my things like like, I don't know, we don't even have a dressing room.
Speaker 1: We literally don't.
Speaker 2: iHeart. You're getting dressed in the bathroom. We might have one dressing room, Danielle, don't they do we have one dressing We have one dressing room?
Speaker 1: You have one where over there at the offices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the corner, and it technically belongs to somebody else, but you can use it when I get dressed there, I get dressed in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I thought the dressing room with the iHeart Radio theater was fantastic.
Speaker 2: That is a nice dressing room. Actually, I'm not gonna lie. We have three nice dressing rooms there.
Speaker 1: And that was a nice green room too. We're a rock in the green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten dressed for things in my car, literally fully dressed, makeup, hair in the car.
Speaker 1: Fine or Denny's bathroom.
Speaker 2: I have a camping toilet in the car, and if I need to use it, I will.
Speaker 1: Easy peasy, We're easy, thanks for We'll get changed anywhere you need us. Thanks.
Speaker 5: Jackson anxiously runs through the kitchen and pulls Suki away to talk in private, and Suki says Jackson, why do you smell like marijuana? Jackson goes, you know that back half acre that I haven't planted for a few years, up on the slope, out of sight, out of mind. Well I went back there and this morning it is a giant field of pott every square inch, hundreds of plantings. It looks like hares in boards backyard. Harrison Ford is an American actor. Some of his popular movies include Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Fugitive Indiana Jones, and Witness. Although Harrison has never publicly spoken about being a marijuana user, it is widely believed he is a pot smoker.
Speaker 2: Where's air Force one? One of my favorite Harrison Ford My first of all, everybody loves Star Wars, everybody loves Raiders of the All Stark, Fugitive and Indian Jump. Well that's Raiders of the Lost Fugitive and Air Force one.
Speaker 1: No. My go to for Harrison is Frantic. Sorry, Oh, what.
Speaker 2: About the one where he's with Michelle Pfeiffer and he's like an evil murderer. It's scary. What was that one called? Somebody name it?
Speaker 1: I missed that one.
Speaker 2: It's Michelle Fiver Harrison Ford and like he's a murderer. I think he's a murderer.
Speaker 1: The darkness in the bathtub or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, and it's the move. I know a little trivia about this movie, but I can't think of the title. Castaway was being filmed. Tom Hanks had to pause to lose all the weight, and they went and did this movie? Whoever made Castaway? Zamechis maybe and did this Harrison Ford Michelle Fifer movie. So then when he finished that, he came back and Tom Hanks was them. But I need the title. Anyway, people are banging their steering wheels while driving right now going it's blotby blah uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, finish up on.
Speaker 2: Your Yeah, did you know what? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Give me give me one second.
Speaker 2: Oh, Danielle's got something going, and while she does, I like to get a shout out, thank you, Jackie. It's called What Lies Beneath, And I'd like to get a shout out really quickly to two people I don't know, Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart, and just say I love your love.
Speaker 1: I love your love, we love your love.
Speaker 2: And I used to see them around Brentwood all the time, but I think maybe they moved.
Speaker 1: You know, Calysta Flockhart grew up in the town one town over for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to say?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 1: I have Calista Flockhart from Maple Shade. I've got Bruce Bruce Woodbury, I've got Patti Smith from Love I was surrounded by.
Speaker 2: Really were I think I might start rewatching Ally McBeal tonight tonight, maybe.
Speaker 1: The night Ali Ali Larder from Cherry Hill, Natrich.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's from there too. I have a funny Ali Larder story. I will tell you.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember Harrison Ford's like plane crash in course?
Speaker 2: Do you also remember? Yes? But do you remember when Harrison Ford saved some people's lives? He was like somewhere where he lives Montana. I can't remember and two people were like trapped, and Harrison Board's like, all go get him and like flies his plane in like he's Indiana Jones and saved their lives.
Speaker 5: Okay, On that note, this is the last little tidbit for this pop culture reference. But he scared director Steven Spielberg and the crew during Indiana Jones and then Temple of Doom when without warning, he ran out across the rope bridge used in the film's climax to test its safety. Spielberg later equipped, what can I say, Harrison really is Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm telling you if you want to spend some good quality time on TikTok, just TikTok Harrison Ford and Callista Flockhart's cuteness and you'll just see the cuteness.
Speaker 1: All right, who's up talking to me? Is it me?
Speaker 2: Sure? You know? Because I just rambled on on? Is that the Almond Brothers ramble on?
Speaker 1: Is led Zeppelin?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Okay, let's all, let's all just pray anyway. Same scene, Jackson tells Suki about the marijuana. Suki, they were always listening to the Almond Brothers. We should never hire guys that listened to The.
Speaker 2: Brothers, Oh my God.
Speaker 1: The Almen Brothers Band is a legendary rock band formed in Jacksonville, Florida, nineteen sixty nine by the brothers Dwayne Almond and Greg Almond and inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in nineteen ninety five. Did you know The Almond Brothers Band has become the latest music group to create a cannabis.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: They launched a strain of flowers in Illinois called Chocolate Chunk. Did you know that Cher left David Geffen to be with Greg Ollman?
Speaker 2: I knew she was married to one of those dudes.
Speaker 1: Broke David Geffen's widow heart and uh wow, they were chiefly in love and Dwayne Alman, Well, anyway we can. I could. I could tell you all them Brothers stories till the cows come home. But we have a show to run here.
Speaker 2: Right of the next one, because I love this one.
Speaker 1: Let's take a vote. Let's take a vote. Uh okay, yeah, Hey.
Speaker 2: Logan calls ry to get rid of Parrison. Doyle, you got to call off your sentries, which, by the way, I didn't know what sentries meant.
Speaker 1: They're there guards, their guards, Oh.
Speaker 2: Guards Okay, they're there for a reason to reenact their favorite scenes from Misery. Oh that was so I loved that line. So funny because Misery is an amazing movie and if you rewatch it, it really holds up. It's a nineteen ninety American psychological thriller directed by Rob Reiner Love Him, based on a Stephen King novel. A nineteen eighty seven novel of the same name. Misery stars James Cohn, Kathy Bates, who's iconic in it, Lauren Bacall, Richard Farnsworth, who's also amazing, and Francis Sternhagen. The plot centers around an author who was held captive by an obsessive fan who forces him to rewrite the finale to his novel series. There is no scene scarier in a movie than when she comes in because he accidentally knocked her little figurine and says, you've been out and takes the you know what to his ankles. Oh my god, has none of you seen the movie? The faces I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: You guys, I have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he got hobbled.
Speaker 2: When she says you've been out, I could just vomit.
Speaker 1: It's so my god, did you get that out of the cocka douty car.
Speaker 2: She was great, Thank you, Scott. James. Con once showed up to the set hungover and all of the scenes he shot that day were unusable. I have read this, Rob Rodnertn. He had to do the scenes again because there was a problem at the lab. When Con learned it had nothing to do with the labs, he offered to cover the money he lost the studio. It's a great movie. It's a great scary, creepy yeah movie.
Speaker 1: Suzanne, You're uh, You're up all right.
Speaker 3: Rory gives Logan the go ahead to get out of bed, and she says, so, I guess, get up, but super slow. It should look like a Monty Python routine. You're moving so slow, and Logan answers, I'll make John Cleees proud. John Clees is an English actor comedian, and is best known for being one of the founding members of the renowned comedy troupe Monty Python's Flying Circus, and as the writer and star of the popular television comedy Faulty Towers.
Speaker 2: Did You Know?
Speaker 3: He reached an adult height of six foot five by the age of thirteen, and he was already six feet at age.
Speaker 1: Twelve, which Jesus, oh fair.
Speaker 5: Danielle Logan puts Pears on the phone and Rory tells her to stay down. Rory says, thank you for sitting with him, but I think he needs a little less hovering right now, and Paris goes. Warren Beatty, smooth, talk you. Warren Beatty is an American actor and filmmaker. His career has spanned over six decades, and he has received numerous accolades, including an Academy Award and three Golden Gloves. Did you know? He was rumored to have been the subject of Carly Simon's nineteen seventy two number one hit single You're So Vain. After forty three years of speculation, Simon finally confirmed in twenty fifteen that the second verse of the song refers to Beatty. Warren things. The whole thing is about him, she said.
Speaker 2: And I more say Batty, Baty, Warren Baby.
Speaker 1: Warren Beatty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is my favorite? He was a real hunk in my younger years. And you know he's married to names out of my head Annette Benning. Who if we care about my favorite Anette Benning movie? It is The President one with Martin Sheen. Oh, so good. That's a great movie.
Speaker 1: How about American Beauty? She was better? She was?
Speaker 2: Oh, I still like the one where wait is Martin Sheen? No, Martin Sheen is in it? Excuse me, but the president is Michael Douglas in it? But it's written by Aaron Sorkin, hence the the men.
Speaker 1: No, it's uh no, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It's Michael J. Fox. Yeah, I know, Samantha mathis written by Aaron Sorkin. It kind of was just pre West Wing. What was that movie called Jeff it was?
Speaker 1: It was a real cheese Paul Roman.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it was so good. Michael Douglas is the president. He's single, he's a widow and the president. Oh yeah, it does have sort of a cheesy ending.
Speaker 1: Right, well, the whole thing is.
Speaker 2: The American President, right right?
Speaker 1: Would you like to go out to dinner with me?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and he can't. He's a credit card to pay for the flower. I mean, it's the whole thing. So good, so.
Speaker 1: Good, All right, let me I'll do this one. Laura. I arrived at Emily's while she's lays in the dark. Laurai, Mom, I'm here. Oh, I'm sorry, missus essas I was looking from my mother. Jacqueline Jackie Lee Kennedy Onassis was an American writer, book editor, socialated served as the First Lady of the United States from nineteen sixty one to sixty three. Was the wife of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Did you know Jackie was briefly engaged to Wall Street banker John Houstead before Wow, she met jfk. She only broke off the engagement two months before meeting Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Now, Daniel, am I getting this right? That Carol Radziwill.
Speaker 1: Lee Radiswill, Lee Radiswell.
Speaker 2: Is that Caro? That's missus Kennedy's sister, right? Yeah, so Missus Kennedy Onassis, Jackie Kennedy Onassis, her sister is Lee, and the daughter is Caroline, Carolyn, Caroline whatever wit it is. And she became Carol, Oh, Carol, pardon me, Carol with an E. She became a real housewife who became a real housewife, Carol Radziwill.
Speaker 1: The sister of Lee, the daughter of Lee Radswell, Yes, real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, Jackie Kennedy married Arista Shipping Greek Shipping magnet, Aristotle Onassis and what the seventies something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that long after ish long, but not that long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, who's up?
Speaker 2: I think about John Junior m Maybe not on a daily basis, but on a maybe a weekly basis.
Speaker 1: You think you do think about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do, I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll do the next one.
Speaker 5: I think there's an update here. Carol's ex husband.
Speaker 2: Give it again. I don't think.
Speaker 5: Carol's the daughter, it's her ex husband is the son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. Fine, that's fine. We'll go with that update. So Lee Radziwill's son. That makes sense. With the last names married Carol, they've sensed divorce. But that's how Carol was so close with John and his wife because they were cousins ish cousins in law. I'm not sure something like that.
Speaker 3: Emily does not want to use lorealized car for errands because she rented a special one and Laurel I says, what other car? No, Mom, that's not a car, that's a wrap video set. Emily says, I ordered it specially. It has the darkest windows available. They say it's the car Jay z uses when he's in town. I assume that's an entertainer of some sort. Sean Corey Carter, known by his stage name jay Z, is a rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur known for his involvement in the success of other artists. He was named the greatest rapper of all time by Billboard and VI.
Speaker 2: Sean Corey Carter, Wow, did not know that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: Don't him not know that? Say hey, Corey, what's up? I don't listen to a ton.
Speaker 3: He is the founder and chairman of entertainment company Rock Nation, and was the president and chief executive officer of def Jam Recordings from two thousand and four to two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Is he all York? The one that Alicia Keys does Yorkjeez?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Man?
Speaker 2: Isn't jay Z? Wrap on that? Am I crazy?
Speaker 5: Don't think Jackie so yes?
Speaker 3: And Jackie knows all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 1: Just don't call him Sean.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, you're right, Thank you so much. And don't call him mister beyond what mister Beyonce Empire state of mind? Jay Z is on that track?
Speaker 1: Go on, Who's Who's reading? Who's reading?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm trying to but you guys keep interrupting me.
Speaker 1: Okay, what we do here?
Speaker 3: I know I do, so let me finish this last bullet point and then you can roll on to someone else. Did you know that jay Z threw his lyrics from the song you Must Love Me blamed. He shot his older brother in the shoulder for stealing his ring. He later spoke about the incident in an interview, seeing he thought his life was over and he'd go to jail forever. This confirmed the song. This confirmed that the song wasn't just about rapping and writing.
Speaker 5: Wow, I needed him to do another tour with Justin Timberlake. That was that was whoa.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that until just now.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 5: I saw him at the Rose Bull.
Speaker 2: Well, I was there. I think I think I went too.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to bring sexy back. Darn it, who's going to ringing it back?
Speaker 2: So back?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go back Justin Timberlake show, somebody bring it back.
Speaker 5: Danielle, you're obviously going, yeah, it's kind of like I'm into it, but I'm not gonna fret over getting tickets. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Well, fret overgiving tickets? Your husband, Danielle is so full of it right now. Her husband You guys, I'm not gonna say names or venues, but her husband like runs like the biggest venue in La. So Danny like, hope I can get tickets to that? What?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know if I want if I like need to go, Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'm definitely going.
Speaker 1: Who is it? Is it justin Timberlake?
Speaker 2: And who just just being awesome?
Speaker 1: Is he bringing sexy back?
Speaker 2: It's already been broughten.
Speaker 1: So when he brought it back, it stayed. It didn't go away.
Speaker 2: No, he lost it for a bit, he did.
Speaker 5: He still has lost a tiny thing.
Speaker 2: He's got it back.
Speaker 1: When he brings the sexy back, it stays, right. That's what his publicist wants you to believe.
Speaker 2: I'll bring in sexy back.
Speaker 1: My publicist said, it's still there, still there.
Speaker 5: I'm in the mindset that it's in sync or bust for me, like I need.
Speaker 2: I totally agree. I totally agree.
Speaker 1: That I'm waiting for the Cowciles to get back together.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is, but that the world needs an instnct to her. I think I think it.
Speaker 5: Played with our hearts and now I just I need to take old tight.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to get it. I think Who's.
Speaker 3: Castles are the group that Partridge Family was based on?
Speaker 2: No way, y. Do you guys know what Up with People was?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I don't even explain how I learned what Up with People was?
Speaker 3: But they mentioned it on you girls.
Speaker 2: I forget which episode. Yeah, I kind of remember that.
Speaker 3: Somebody says, is up with People know about you?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I think I told my Up with People's story when they when that apps?
Speaker 1: All right, who's up? Danielle? I think you're you're primed and.
Speaker 5: Ready to get I'm ready to go, Emily and assist on Lorlai driving her special car, and Emily says, Lorlai knnot write in your jeep. It's completely exposed to the elements. You remember, I'm recovering from eye surgery, don't you. Laura Lai says, no, really, I thought you were just doing your best Mia Pharaoh in Broadway Danny Rose impersonation.
Speaker 1: Heck yes.
Speaker 5: Maria Farrow is an actress. She gained notice for her role as Alison Mackenzie in the television soap opera Peyton Place, and gained further recognition for her subsequent short lived marriage to Frank Sinatra. Woody Allen and Mia Farah began their twelve year relationship in nineteen eighty, during which Pharaoh started in thirteen of his films Broadway. Danny Rose Is in nineteen eighty four film starring Mia, Pharaoh and Woody Allen. And did you know when Pharaoh first met husband to be Frank Sinatra in nineteen sixty four? She was nineteen and he forty eight, a fact that prompted Dean Martin to quip that he owned a bottle of Scotch older than Pharaoh.
Speaker 1: Lucky a lady to night.
Speaker 2: He already ate what?
Speaker 1: Who already ate?
Speaker 5: Alma?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought, she said he I misheard you there if misheard something.
Speaker 1: So she was nineteen and he already eight. Yeah, that's wow.
Speaker 2: And he forty eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was nineteen. No, she was chewing dentine and.
Speaker 2: Oya, so good.
Speaker 1: Just take another hit off your bong, dude.
Speaker 2: So this is the same scene where Emily is insisting on Laura I driving her around. Laurai, I need my prescriptions. If I don't get my prescriptions, infection will set in. I will lose my eyesight completely, and you will be doing this more than just today. Now, what's it going to be? Laurai opens the door? Ridiculous Sarah Bernhardt over dramatic Sarah Bernhardt, who I had not really heard of a little bit. Maybe it was a French stage actress who starred in some of the more popular French plays of the nineteenth century and early twentieth century, which was what nineteenth century is, the eighteen hundreds and twentieth centuries the nineteen hundred's. It's weird how that works. She was known to have many dramatic death scenes. Bernhard played seventy roles in one hundred and twenty five plays. Wow Male, and most popular were her dramatic death scenes. She played nineteen year old Joan of arc when she was forty six.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so they lit her on fire? Wow Wow, amazing. All right, and that's going to wrap up our pop culture. Well, I got to take a knee on that one. That's I'm sweating. Next episode seas six, Episode twenty two partings. And remember, I'm going to be at Tupelo con in Tupelo, Mississippi, the birthplace of the one and only Elvis Presley. I don't think Elvis will be there. He will be there in spirit.
Speaker 2: He might be all. We don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read the book. I read the book March sixteen through eighteen, and then I'm hustling on over to Nashville to write some songs.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool, cool, So.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty excited about that anyway. Also, you can get Luke's Diner Blend, Stars Fallow Signature Blend.
Speaker 2: And my friend Kim. Shout out to my friend Kim who said the Diner Blend is the is her favorite. I don't really it's the best one, but she emailed me to tell me it's her favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'm so happy. And I think that's a medium roast. And you've got the the the Dragonfly in Talk Fast Blend, which is a two x double calf blast for you so you can talk as fast, Laureli. And we've got a Star's Hollow Signature Blend. I think it's a Hazel not you guys.
Speaker 2: We have one more episode of season.
Speaker 1: Sex and you can get that at the Warner Brothers Studio store in Warner Brothers Studios exclusively.
Speaker 2: One more episode of Sex.
Speaker 1: And Scotti Peace, Big Mud Coffee.
Speaker 2: Nervous, I'm nervous, Please.
Speaker 1: Please Uh, we're going to go back online. We're coming back. We're opening the Amazon store backup up and running.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Great Scotty Peace, Big Mud Coffee. If you want to want a bulk support at Scottie p No, I'm sorry, yeah, support at scottipea dot com and we'll get your bulk order, your wholesale order out to you anyway. That's going to wrap it up for this pop pop culture episode.
Speaker 2: Good one, good pop culture in this episode.
Speaker 1: Look good on you guys, Good on you guys. Suzanne, you were extra special. Great Danielle, you were fabulous. Amy, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the common reaction. That's fine.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Stay safe, everybody again.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com