Speaker 1: You seem angry eminemly and then and then he stopped being angry. It's like, hey man, you gotta get angry again, because this.
Speaker 2: Is way worse.
Speaker 1: You are mad at being on drum, now you're now you're rapping at Trump. This this feels, this feels like a mistaken.
Speaker 2: And listen, we all wanted to do it, yeah, we all. We all thought about it. You know, you know, you and y executed.
Speaker 1: And everybody was proud of yeg for it.
Speaker 2: I really wasn't mad at that song.
Speaker 1: Because he could have been out wearing dress shoes and murdering people. But yeah, I'm scared of I terrified white g I didn't even like saying that joke.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, when you put the dresses on your life, I'll let you do it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna say nothing doesn't.
Speaker 2: Chips in your.
Speaker 3: Quality is racist. The money.
Speaker 2: Turney stuff, I can't tell me.
Speaker 1: Bang bang bang skeep skeep skeet. There it is there, it is. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another phenomenal episode of Ma Mama told me.
Speaker 2: The podcast will be died deep into the parkings of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: And we finally worked to prove that when Kevin Hart got in that car accident with his side piece and then he ran away, it wasn't an accident. It was, in fact an assassination attempt because he was on his way to buy the rights to think like a man. Three. That's right, the man was gonna own it all. And Hollywood stepped in to trying.
Speaker 2: To ra the truth of TM three. I didn't know what to do with TM two.
Speaker 1: They were terrified.
Speaker 2: They were terrified. They couldn't they couldn't have that again. They beat an uproar.
Speaker 1: They were like Kevin Hart and Michael Ely in a single film. This is this is Crazy Turtle from Entourage.
Speaker 2: Now we have real stark power.
Speaker 1: Terrence J acting.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was acting. I think he thought it was a documentary.
Speaker 1: Darren J kind of being himself.
Speaker 2: Like, what's he gonna do? Was he talking about He's talking about fraternities and ship what's he j?
Speaker 1: Really loves that fraternity, Darren Jay. He loves accused man. He's really committed. He's committed more than he is to any version of working hard or being talented.
Speaker 2: So you don't think Terrence Jay is talented?
Speaker 1: I do not I I'm going to go I'm going to be very direct and passionate about this, and I know, listen, look, I get it. Hosting is a talent in and of itself, Like there's a skill there that I fully acknowledge. Everybody cannot be a great host. That said, we all could do better than Terrence J. I truly believe that with all of my heart.
Speaker 2: Is it that you don't find him charming?
Speaker 1: I I'm not sure anyone finds him charming.
Speaker 2: Do you think Roxy was doing all the heavy lifting?
Speaker 1: I think that him and Roxy were well. I think and I think this is now known, him and Roxy were fucking at one point, and I think that that that meant that there was a complicated tethering of their their persons.
Speaker 2: I will say that was one of my least favorite. That was least favors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, the bow Wow era was better than you know who.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 1: I like DJ, and everybody loved AJ and Free and he went on to be on the E Entertainment Network and Ship. Yeah, he cut his dreads and he became like a very like I I talk about E Ship okay, like he's on the suit. No, he's not that fun he's more like, uh, he's more like Oscar recaps type. Okay, No, he's getting a bag as Aj is still cooking Free unfortunately, I don't know is necessary. She tried rapping for a little bit, and then.
Speaker 2: They always try rapping. It's like nobody wants to hear you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no this is you can go ahead. Shut that off, sister.
Speaker 2: We don't like it, so Freeze gone, man, I want Free to be ok.
Speaker 1: The only thing I know about Free after one oh six in part is that that ass day fat you always check on that and uh, and that she was on a Whisper song remix that was Free she was and she was being nasty. No, Free was being downright disgusting on that Whisper some remix.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. I did not know, man, dog, I just you want to feel old. I just googled it. Twenty three years ago.
Speaker 1: Was when one O six and Park started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was when A J and Free were on one of the fun that can't be right. No, yeah, it's right. I was in high school. I was watching that ship and maybe it was middle school even to school. Oh nine, No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I was like, WHOA, I congratulated on, fine, damn, let's your hell.
Speaker 1: No, let me be clear. I'm old enough to forget.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I'm old enough that like my twentieth is coming and I'm like I got a book, like two more TV gigs and.
Speaker 1: Then I'll go can't show up like I am right now?
Speaker 2: No, no, I gotta be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did reunion I went to my ten year It was It was actually really fun. There were some weird elements to it, like there was like three girls that just weren't invited because the people organizing it didn't fuck with them. And it was like, hey, y'all, I don't know if if this is right, but.
Speaker 2: Did I get come? Did they crash? Now?
Speaker 1: They didn't crash, And I get why they don't fuck with them, like you know what I mean, Like it's not like I'm like oblivious to why there's infighting happening here. But then at the same time, it was like, I don't know, legally, this feels, this feels a little.
Speaker 2: You gotta get you gotta keep everybody a shot. Yeah, you know, like come on, man, that's I get it. Like, were they like problematic girls like jail time or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't It wasn't as far as jail time, but it was like a lot of like still trying to fist fight in their thirties type shit.
Speaker 2: I get it, but you gotta give everybody a shy because there's probably fades they've been wanting to run until Fine.
Speaker 1: No, let's let's be clear. There there are people who wanted to beat me up that that were still a part of that, and vice versa. There were people who I wanted to give a knuckle sandwich or too this that I still had to be like, oh man, that's cool. You you selling shirts? Now that's crazy.
Speaker 2: See. Yeah, I didn't go. I had a I was gonna go, and then I got this is how walk ago. It was, I gotta show up the copy store that I felt like I couldn't miss. I know, I know, it's embarrassing, it's amasion, and I was like, I gotta I gotta stay in LA and work on my dream.
Speaker 1: Man, this is my first time in the belly room.
Speaker 2: I can't It's the belly room that's two rooms away from the big wigs. So I didn't go. And then but then I start pictures and I was like, I've got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't have to, like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Really like anybody. We're gonna take a We're gonna take a class of five football picture. I don't give you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should get into our conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah's sorry.
Speaker 1: No, what do you apologies? This is our chaos, this is why. Yeah, this is what we do best.
Speaker 2: I think there's probably somebody out there deciding whether or not they're gonna go to their.
Speaker 1: And if that's the case, I would say go and and maybe be the person that causes chaos, be the person.
Speaker 2: Be the one who fucks people. Yeah, show up and just fuck people.
Speaker 1: Show up and show up and make a married couple question everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get hot. Yeah, the next six months just in the gym, no cards, and then show up and just fuck on everybody.
Speaker 1: They they do. Now publish the crash diets that that celebrities go on to be like sexy Marvel. Motherfuckers. You you can access that ship. The workouts are are a lot, but you can handle it. Get sexy and destroy a family at your ten year reunion.
Speaker 2: I did see that from the pictures of my ten year We had a couple of snipers, a couple like couple like a couple of snipers a couple Oh you were quiet, yeah, class, but I always knew you were sitting on that.
Speaker 1: I showed up and everybody looked like Lieutenant Dan. It was a truth. It was a true who's who of survivors, real ves, just just limping their way through.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we had a couple of people get nope, damn said dope.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen for me. Everybody I had a crush.
Speaker 2: On, were you then? No?
Speaker 1: I was. I was fully married. Yeah, but my brain ain't uncalibrated to to like, oh ship, it's such and such got bad and and my brain.
Speaker 2: I've been on TV. Now what's up?
Speaker 1: I'm saying, I can still see it. I don't. There's no part of me that's like questioning, you know what I mean. I'm not like married brain where I'm like, I didn't even notice there we're bitches here. I thought, okay, yeah, yeah, I'm like, I'm scoping. I'm trying to see what's happening this way, and and Buddy shut it down. We can go ahead and turn down the factory for the night.
Speaker 2: Oh five, trying to survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a conspiracy today that that I would say, h Olivia pitched Olivia is safe to say uh, sort of prompted this conversation and and then introduced a few deep dive parts to it that we were both excited to talk about. If we can find the right phrasing for this, I would say, and feel free to correct me if there's a better way of saying this. I think it would be like my mama told me that that the super Bowl was demonic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's like, yeah, I think that's his closest. I think it's just any type of like major concert. It feels like there's like an outpouring of demonic shit that happens all the time. Yeah, Like I'm sure people were throwing it up at All Star Weekend, which was in Utah, weirdly, and then a white guy was dunk contest. What's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a white guy went in the dunk contest and post Malone is like your your headliner. It's all. It all feels very uh uh intentionally white in a way.
Speaker 2: Now they take basketball from us, I have a gun and I'll go to the streets.
Speaker 1: You know what. I also have a gun and I'll join.
Speaker 2: You if they find a way to take I'm not. I can't live here like that.
Speaker 1: I'll join you. I yeah, I can't. You know what, what's gonna be crazy if they if they do somehow find a way to become champions of basketball, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Luca truly becomes what a bunch of white guys have dreamt Luca could be. Because Luca's a phenomenal player.
Speaker 2: For my team, I get it.
Speaker 1: They they want Luca to be Lebron's like, uh, the man who Lebron will eventually have to handle basketball to and say you are the greatest scorer, not me, You're the best.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have it, he doesn't have a personality.
Speaker 1: They want that for him.
Speaker 2: And if no, but he you see, that guy sucks it.
Speaker 1: It feels like a very like uh, if that happens, we're then gonna have to deal with all the ship with like, oh, maybe you're not that athletic, and maybe y'all ain't like real motherfuckers. Maybe maybe you're just clowns. It feels like it's gonna be bleed into every cult part of our culture.
Speaker 2: I see it coming down the pipe. I'm nervous manage what it's gonna be for basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, they're they're gonna question everything. They're gonna be like, is growing up in a black neighborhood even that challenging?
Speaker 2: Yeah, start rapping more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when we wrap, they're gonna be like, he ain't even You.
Speaker 2: Know what I noticed about them. They just like fast rapping. If you could just wrap fast, they're just gonna all come out wrapping off fast, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, they they love multi syllabic fast raps. That's there.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Was Eminem great? Yes? Did he also kind of rapped like a weirdo who like he was a weird He wasn't wrapping up killing his mom.
Speaker 1: That's not Yeah no, And if it wasn't his mom, it was it was his wife.
Speaker 2: The bars I need to give me through my youth.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, I mean Eminem's old like rap career is like Bob Hope set, you know what I mean. It's just being like, yeah, get me out of here with these roads, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, I think he hates I think he hates women. Yeah, cartoon is violent. That girl ate my whole leg like an egg roll. And you're like, what, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That I will say that the initiation of this conversation came from Rihanna. Rihanna's performance at the Super Bowl and and a number of articles that Olivia sent us that basically suggests that she was connecting herself not only to devil worship and sort of demonic imagery, but also the Illuminati simultaneously. There were a lot of Illuminati suggestions. It's a real, uh fucking fruit salad of crazy demon shit that they're saying she's a part of.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do think the one thing is just the rock. I think, yeah, she threw up the rock, and I feel like for years people have been trying to say that the rock is I don't. I don't think that thrown up the rock is demonic. I think some of the other shit could be. I think it was just that was what they were doing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it just happens to be a triangle above your forehead. It was a diamond.
Speaker 2: It's a diamond.
Speaker 1: There is supposed to be a diamond, although hers was very triangular for the first time in a weird way that that felt like confusing if nothing else, because.
Speaker 2: She did do a triangle. Fu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rock because that's what I was on. I'm like, oh, she's throwing up the Rockefella ship. It's like a rock Nation I guess now, right, but but Rockefella ship and maybe rock Nation is is a triangle. Maybe he like he brought it in a little bit and he was like, yeah, we were on that triangle ship now, but it used to be a fucking diamond. If I'm mistaken, it.
Speaker 2: Was a diamond. And she did. She did. She didn't throw up a triangle wearing already. Also, why was she wearing all red?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt like delta ship. Like I didn't understand if like Rihanna pledged and you know what I mean, She's like, this is my probate. I'm coming out as a DST.
Speaker 2: But like it was like because it was like why none of those I guess the chiefs have read? Was that like her silent? Her silent going for Mahome No, because I can't imagine she likes Patrick.
Speaker 1: I don't think she likes Patrick Mahomes. I think she likes Lebron. Yeah, but Lebron ain't Patrick Mahomes. Lebron loves black people. Patrick Mahomes is like, yeah, yeah, I feel like Patrick Mahomes did that one commercial with Jake from State Farm and he was like, that'll do Niggers.
Speaker 2: That'll his dad's black as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dad's black as hell. But you ain't never seen them interact too much.
Speaker 2: I saw after the super Bowl. It was amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's like how you hugged the other team, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, you really want this guy to not be close to his father.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I think his father's terribly close to him. I think he wants to be in his son's like, But I don't think that Patrick Mahomes is like turning to his father for advice, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think his father's not like it's not like Lebron's dead his father.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. His father very much in his life. His father played professional football. I think I think all of the reasons for Patrick Mahomes to be connected to his father are there. I think he just knows that nigga. It's like, I'm okay, he is mad niggers.
Speaker 2: He was smoking at Philly Blood. Yeah, like what do you what are you doing? He's like, we're smoking out a Philly pack. How does he even.
Speaker 1: Know Yeah, no, he shouldn't even know that lingo because he's sixty. But but that didn't stop him.
Speaker 2: All right, well, all right, that's fair. Uh but back to the Rihanna, I do think that if Okay, here's what I'll say. Yeah, if there was a Pops if there was a pop star, a black pop star, who I think would worship the depth? I think it would be Rhianna WHOA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying, you're saying one you get one that you're like my first guest of who worships the devil in the black pop space and your first thought goes to Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's cool. I think the devil is sexy. She's very sexy. I think the devil is well dressed, she's very well I think like, if it wouldn't be be I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You don't think Beyonce would ever worship the devil.
Speaker 2: She's a social for the Lord for sure.
Speaker 1: Question you think Beyonce is like like tending virtual church on Sundays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's from Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, Rihanna's from the island that's where they made up voodoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Barbados, she's from She's from a very uh I dare say, the most voodoo of the of the islands where I'm like where I'm like, I bet they'd be doing voodoo down there, because the stereotype would be like Haiti or fucking Jamaica or whatever the fuck it is. It's more Haiti, I guess, would be the maybe the most like stereotypical. But I bet that those off those like little smaller islands, that's where they really cook.
Speaker 2: That's where they really get. That's what I'm saying. And she just like, you know what I mean, she smokes weed.
Speaker 1: Stay off the damn we.
Speaker 2: She smokes weed like Beyonce doesn't smoke weed. Beyonce I think has maybe a wine problem that we don't talk about. But she's not you. I'm saying. I just feel like Rihanna seems more in tune with the devil than any other pop starlet that's black that I can think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I yeah, fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see it now that you think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want it. I don't want it to be true. I want, but hey, I don't. I don't mind my Rihanna a little devil worship be I don't know better. Yeah, it's not bad. It in my mouth. Yeah, I like that. She she truly is just bad girl. Re read all the time. Uh. And this isn't just like a haircut and a character.
Speaker 2: No. No, I think she put its rocky on the devil.
Speaker 1: M You think that's how they hit it off. That that He was like, yo, you opened up, my my, I.
Speaker 2: Think they hit it off. And then they were laying there afterwards, she lit up a blood and she said something kind of like, you know, dark energy is the same as light energy or something. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and he was like what you say. She was like, oh, nothing, rocky and then rolled over and he was like huh yeah. And then in the morning pancakes, they're chilling. He was like, I want to talk a little bit more about that dark light thing. And she was like I'm glad you asked. And they killed the goat yeah, and she she like stood behind him like Patrick Swayze ghosts while they killed the goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she made him kill the goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really but it was like they did it together and there's this weird bonding in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And she was like whispering in his ear while he was cutting it on the falter and then yeah, and that's how she got pregnant.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I don't know, you could drink the blood if you like. He was like, it's like for real, it's like, yeah, no, it's not gonna hurt you or anything. He's like, all right, try it now, look at the beauty like, I'm from New York. I'll try then once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was already he was already open to it. He was already open to it. Yeah, and now look at him on the cover of British Vogue.
Speaker 1: I will say that the harrowing amount of accusations being thrown at him of being somehow gay for for uh.
Speaker 2: He put to it. Dare you talking about?
Speaker 1: For having sex with the most beautiful woman on the planet is somehow making him like a cup is the is the wildest funniest thing.
Speaker 2: It's haters, bro, It's all really like, I don't like to like, I like to chop shit up to haters. I'm not one of those people. Yeah, but that's like that, what else could that possibly be?
Speaker 1: It's it's not love and were.
Speaker 2: Back to back and you have the nerve to fix your mouth to say this guy is gay. That's the least gay ship. I've never heard of anybody doing it. Started her career. She can't work. She can't work while she's got babies in him.
Speaker 1: She can, right, she can't do it forever the way that she normally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also she's a billionaire. She's probably not coming back.
Speaker 1: I had I had a pretty uh lengthy debate with with my wife and a friend yesterday because they were saying they didn't want them to get married. They were like, yo, I don't want I don't want them to get married. She's a billionaire. It just feels like he's coming in and it's like, y'all don't get to do that.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get to do that. You didn't want to be happy? Were they married? When was your wife? Was the other lady married?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was my wife and the other lady was not married.
Speaker 2: No, it's just happy.
Speaker 1: She is happy. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna she I think she's a very happy person's whiler. But but I think the suggestion felt terribly like some shit that like we men used to say in two thousand and four, where we were like still accusing women constantly of being gold diggers. And just marrying for money. And it's like, no, y'all, don't get to like go through the same eras we went through and pretend like it's progress. You know what I mean? Every black woman I know is having sex with the white man and accusing people of like trying to take her money. And it's like, hey, bitch, we evolved, y'all. Y'all gotta get past the ship too. You gotta grow up and know that all this stuff is they they should be married if that's what they want.
Speaker 2: Wasn't light coming in? No, he didn't show us like he's a billionaire, but he's still a.
Speaker 1: Millionaire, multi multi millionaire.
Speaker 2: And I would say at some point the difference is negligible, Right, it like becomes it's not a difference in lifestyle as much as it's just like numbers on a computer screen. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And more than anything, he didn't show up with a fucking bendo on a stick. Right, he's a he's a a mega platinum performing artist.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We're nearly as thirsty for new asap rocky music as we are for not for Rihanno music. But yeah, but we all like his music quite a bit. I'd say it's it's well received.
Speaker 2: He's a model. He was he was doing well. He was doing well.
Speaker 1: He hangs out with Tyler the Creator and Frank Ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing it was cool for him. It was like he's not. I think they should get me. I think I think it's I do think if they get married, though, I don't think she comes back. I don't think we get a lot of Rihanna ever. Again, whoa Why would.
Speaker 1: You think you think she's you think she's gonna Do you think she's gonna do something before she goes there? Then is she gonna?
Speaker 2: I think she's gonna Lauren Hill, I think she's out.
Speaker 1: She's just gonna make an acoustic album and then like I'm done.
Speaker 2: I think she likes having kids. She married her version of a Marley, and I think that's how she's gonna live. Why would you you're a billionaire, she's not old, right, she's younger than us. Why wouldn't Why would you just go off with your billions and run savage fancy? Why why would you? Being an entertainer? Is Dante? Yeah, no, seems like it sucks like she got a bill Who cares?
Speaker 1: I have to imagine there's a part of her that's sort of going through that, uh, that Eddie Murphy ship where I he I. For those that are unfamiliar Eddie Murphy at the age of I want to say, like twenty seven basically said like, yo, I every time I perform now that it's it's not fun because I'm doing too well that like people scream so fervently throughout my entire thing and and laugh at every joke so hard that that it truly lacks anything like it. I don't feel shit anymore because it doesn't even feel honest. And then he just walked away from comedy maybe forever. You can't really go back.
Speaker 2: Would I get that? Man? You see Serry Seinfeld do comedy, it's trash.
Speaker 1: Bro, No more painful things I've ever witnessed.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep watching this dude Judd Appata one time, like that shit sucks, but like people like I get it. Man, I I give me on two more TV shows you never see me again.
Speaker 1: I Yeah, I don't know what I would do after one special. I think if I get like a dope hour that everybody is like that's a heater, I might just call it quits.
Speaker 2: Bro, you think I want to keep going to Great Falls, Montana forever forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's too much.
Speaker 2: No, man, I'm gonna write a book or some whatever you do after this.
Speaker 1: I okay, So let's return to this devil worshiping conversation because I do think a few things need to be addressed. But one of the things you brought up was the fact that she's dressed in all red. And I should note that I think, and I'm not one hundred percent sure, but certainly Twitter seems to be of the belief that the allred was at actually an homage to Andre Leon Tally, that she was wearing a very iconic jacket. Yeah, the big guy, Yeah, the now dead big black designer who a big, old puffy red coat in a very iconic picture of him, and she then was wearing that coat for the performance.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I always thought he could fight.
Speaker 1: That guy, all right.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, just because he was huge, Yeah, and just in interviews he always seemed like there was a low He always just seemed like there was a like he was just holding it back, but there was a high capacity for violence. But okay, so it's when did he die? Though he died I was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was like a year and a half ago maybe something like that.
Speaker 2: That feels like a long time to do that.
Speaker 1: Here's what I will say though, in relation to Andre Leon Tally, Drey Leon Tally did spend the bulk of his life worshiping white women specifically and a winter or who some could argue is in fact the devil, and what is devil worshiping could be some sort of like deep third sort of like off the beaten path reference to Rihanna's worship of the devil, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing though, to me, I don't believe that Rihanna worships white women.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I do think she acknowledges that they are the devil like or devils, rather that that they are part of the grander devil universe.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think she absolves them from their their existence in this ship.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that we need to go right now to do we think the devil is black or white? Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm this is part of our debate even the other night. Yeah, you sort of were taking a very hard stance that DeAngelo is the devil, and I've only seen the devil as a white man I've never once in my mind, even even entails from the crypt when when they end up making the Devil a black man, I'm like, oh, y'all just being silly. That's like Hamilton, okay, cool, Yeah, this is this is devil Hamilton.
Speaker 2: I mean, now this is gonna I'm gonna go with this too. I'm gonna say I'm with Rihanna Wortz, like I don't even know if the devil's all bad.
Speaker 1: Mmm. You know you don't see the devil as a white man?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. No, No, I don't see the devil as a white man. Yeah, which, saying it out loud sounds coonish for some reason. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't have said that. I wouldn't have said that. Certainly does just made me feel so bad. You might as well have picked up a music box and started, uh uh doing a jig, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I said that. Yeah. The only person who doesn't think I feel like the Devil is a white person.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna get a this is no this is I'm not over there with you, bro. This is for me. The devil is a big, old, sturdy chested white man, like a like a type I'm thinking more like the deep voice dude from Seinfeld, you know what I mean. Yeah, he's all the cartoons. Yeah, he's the devil to me. That's that's where that's that seems about.
Speaker 2: Right. Damn, this is fucked up. I gotta do some I gotta go. I gotta do some reading or something.
Speaker 1: There's some soul searching inside. Yeah, you gotta explore.
Speaker 2: I guess I gotta go back to Bellhooks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're demonizing your own people. This is this is bad.
Speaker 2: I know. I told you that I don't think the devil is bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, you don't think he's bad.
Speaker 2: But but that's that's that needs to be understood and unpacking.
Speaker 1: Sure, I I think that we are all complicated individuals filled with nuance. I don't think that you.
Speaker 2: See you're not saying that you in your voice.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're just a cool you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe the don't don't do that, don't do that to me, Terry Crews nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe the words coon each letter stands for something more elevated.
Speaker 2: What do you say, like cool outside?
Speaker 1: But it's a hard R on that name. Yeah, it's a hard r. He knows he knows this place.
Speaker 2: In the house. Huck, damn, this that hurts.
Speaker 1: I will say that to your to your larger point, and we actually expe or this a little bit on pause with Sam Jay. Al Right, p uh. I will say that that one of the we actually sat down with a self identified devil worshiper and one of the things that he talked about was that the suggestions of the Church of Satan and and sort of like being a devil worshiper being negative is really just some Christian propaganda more than it is like what they believe in.
Speaker 2: It's about being self sufficient, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's really truly about like finding happiness. Uh, and sort of like creating happiness and that happiness perforating to everyone around you.
Speaker 2: So ultimately me thinking that the devil is black is sort of like I'm the most free person ever. Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, that's the starting to sound a little Kanye. If I'm being honest, don't do that.
Speaker 2: I do not think slavery was a joy Anti Hitler, just the devil.
Speaker 1: It was black ass, Yeah, big lips, devil lips. So to me, if the devil was even like pretending to be black, it like looks like when Adrian Brody did that Jamaican accent on Essenet or not. Yeah, Adrian Brody did that. Yeah he Oh you've never seen this.
Speaker 2: I never seen this at all. Oh.
Speaker 1: It's the reason he got banned from Saturday Night Live is because he came back from I believe he was throwing to a musical guest and he decided to put on a a Bob marleywig and a wife beater and he throws to the musical guests in patoa. No, he does a full Patois accent and and throws to the musical guests. And then Lauren was like, you'll never come back here ever again.
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 2: Was it a Jamaican musical guest?
Speaker 1: I don't believe it might have been Sean Paul. Yes, yes, I was right, it was Sean Paul. But here's what's so phenomenal about it. When they normally do the throws, they just say ladies and gentlemen, Sean Paul. But instead Adrian Brodie goes.
Speaker 3: Waguan and like goes for like, what step now it's Pop's let time.
Speaker 1: He like truly does a full fucking run and then goes Shuta Paul and then Sean Paul just has to perform like his culture wasn't destroyed by the in this yo.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I missed that. I usually love watching white people out themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's truly one of the more choices.
Speaker 2: Quentin Tarantino on Park Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't have a great memory of Quentin Tearror. I don't remember it was he was promoting. He was promoting, you know, it was like it was like him, and it was like him and Jamie Fox was up there and I think Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson and he just like bro.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened, but he was like doing that thing that uh that the football dude is doing right now? Was Matt Kelsey? What what he's where? He's like code switching at all times.
Speaker 2: But they are Matt. I think they grew up around black people because his brothers like that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his brothers that like.
Speaker 2: I think Travis Kelsey is dating a black woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you didn't see him. Did you see him on foulon this past week?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, he cleaned that up real Yeah, I know, the Philly one. He's more like a big old down home white Boy. But Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: Where are they from? Though they're from like Ohio.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, But Travis Kelcey sat in the sat across from Jimmy Fallon and Buddy. He sounded like Clay Ak in the entire time. He ditched the whole. He ain't call him fam or nothing. He ain't do no cool dapts. It was just a dude with a fade, talking like a governor. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Listen, I mean code switching is complicated.
Speaker 1: You're a fan, You're like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot going on here right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I want to he's lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Quentin Tarantino on one of six and parks looking up. Oh, he was talking about rick Raw. They were like, oh, the soundtrack is really good, right, and then and then Quentin Tarantino's like, yeah, you know, we got my man Ricky Rose on the track.
Speaker 1: Oh No, And then like even.
Speaker 2: Jamie Fox is kind of looking at him. I'm like, yo, what's just do it? And he just like he just got he got carried away. He got carried away.
Speaker 1: Ary way through.
Speaker 2: And listen, I'm not gonna lie like I haven't been drunk and then started speaking a couple of Spanish words and got Cary, We've all done that. We've all done that. You know what I mean? You had too many margaritas and now you're up in there.
Speaker 1: Like you know what.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That's why I can't be too bad at it. It's like we've all been there. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I I it's hard to vouch for uh, for Quentin Tarantino in any of this because Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: But you've never been in like a Mexican. You've never been in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm fully identifying with you, And no, I haven't done it in Mexico.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a piece of shit. I've done it. I've done it to people who have at least consented to be amongst shitty Americans. I didn't go to somebody else's territory and then do the fucking accent like a piece of garbage.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a piece of garbage. It was like you're you're on the resort. It's all My man was getting married, like we're drinking. There's another wedding there, and then you just start saying because I was pretty good at Spanish at high school. I wasn't doing I wasn't like, I wasn't like I ain't like. It wasn't terrible, but it was like you get excited, you get excited. I was using the O instead.
Speaker 1: I was using the I got you. You're you're trying to go crazy with the with the ships.
Speaker 2: I was like, twenty one, this wasn't like.
Speaker 1: Recently, I do think that, uh, that I have found myself certainly feeling like a looseness around a culture that I probably shouldn't have felt, yeah, and being a little too liberal with the ship that sure. I I'll be honest, I feel like if you've ever been to any of like the Caribbean islands, they are constantly putting on more of an accent than than they actually have on the resort. Specifically, they are very like everything is yah man, yah man, yam, and it's like, bro, there's no fucking way you talk like this in in the real world. And I know that because I'm an intelligent, experienced person who has been around Jamaican motherfuckers and people from Saint Lucian Ship that said, if they do it, hey, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: No man, It's like because when you're underwe like even like when I went to cier Leone, there's like no other I'm the only one who even kind of talks like me. It just gets in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You just start, you start taking around with birds and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then I didn't come home speaking patois. I came home and I went to high school, and I was normal. Think maybe that's what happened to Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: I got you that that he knows, he knows a different way. But but he's he's been on these resorts with niggas for too long.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Bro, He's been it's all inclusive, getting a little too comfortable for a little too long.
Speaker 1: And they just keep playing Project pat around here. Yeah, and he's just like he's just in it, you know, He's like, Yeah, I don't know. That's how I talk, Fam'.
Speaker 2: Jesus dope, It's all I know.
Speaker 1: I do think to your grander point about the possibility that Rihanna is a devil worshiper, that I think these negative associations of the devil really are more part of the propaganda than we like to acknowledge it, especially for black people. I think our deep rooted relationship with Christianity, certainly black people in America, makes it feel like the devil has to be like this evil, looming, awful thing. And maybe the devil is, like all of us, a little more complicated than we'd like to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: I think so for sure, I think he definitely code switches because I also think that, like, what has Jesus done for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Grandma, well I get that.
Speaker 2: I get that with my family because they're my family and Africa is very Christian. I'm like, bro, this man has not been showing up for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not nailing it for a big part of the I would say, just the fucking global South, you know what I mean, like truly, like the the fucking everything south of the Equator is getting fucked because of Jesus largely, and and then not questioning everything else that happens in relation to Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, so it's like it's less than it's I think that Jesus is a white man, if that's if by the way to go back, Oh, I think Jesus is white.
Speaker 1: So for you, Jesus has a a white almost evil upon him that.
Speaker 2: I think that Jesus that they all worship will look just like those pictures they paint him. Yeah. I think the one was a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. I think that that the the story they needed to exist could only exist with a white man. I don't think that that it holds value for the level of control and manipulation if that's just a dark skinned Arab guy exactly.
Speaker 2: I think all the things, all the terrible things they did in his name, that was of a white man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and that's the motivator you need, is a lanky little white man. Yeah, that's to fight for.
Speaker 2: That's who did it. That's who did all that shit. It wasn't It wasn't like an enlightened Arab man. It was a lanky little white guy. I'm not fighting that. See, that's what I'm saying. So I'm all about the devil code switching and Jesus was white.
Speaker 1: Dark skinned devil light skinned Jesus Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah. And if you, if you did your googles, you would know that I'm actually the freest person. You know?
Speaker 1: Is you and Kyrie Baby?
Speaker 2: You both?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, different documentaries.
Speaker 1: I agree with some of what I'm hearing here, I will say that I think and just to circle it back to the sort of like root of this conversation, I do think that even the depictions that we've seen in music and in culture, for like musicians and performers relating to like devil imagery and like connections to it, Jehovah is secretly him calling himself Jehovah because he's God, which is demonic. All that bullshit is to me part of them just having fun with the fun of the devil. They're just that's silly billies with stuff.
Speaker 2: That was my question de monic, because I do wonder if there is a level of them doing this stuff on purpose, because they know it'sallation, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, and I don't know enough about rock and roll. I always hear about rock and roll people being like rock metal, they love the Devil. Is it like, at what point is it like, is it is it done on purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so. I think it's it's it's to me.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it's like a it's like a gimmick. Is as much aster or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say that, like, look, all right, if we break it all down, right, how I think anytime you're performing your religious faith, you're you don't you're not really in the in the middle of the faith, right that, Like, my relationship with whatever I believe in is often a very private, sort of like intimate thing. At the point that you're like putting on a costume, it's just being like, ain't this kind of fun and silly? You know what I mean? And that would be true of God it fro or yeah, exactly, that's true of God, or that's true of the devil. And so I think they're just being like, let's just do some wild shit and be silly. And sometimes it's putting on angel wings and sometimes it's putting at little tail in you.
Speaker 2: But okay, I'll take that, like it's all done in the spirit of entertainment more than it's done in the spirit of actual spirituality or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I think that that. I think that that aligns with what I know of entertainers. Weah, I think entertainers in general are very quick to put on different lifestyles and ideologies. Yeah, so I think that, like I think the devil, what's the difference between Rihanna having a set where she's fucking with the Devil or Ashton kutsher being to Kabbala for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they're just they're just performing a little fuck around and being like, hey, I'm I am. I make enough money at this point that I could explore something outside of all the things that that I was buried under when I was in less control, be it less wealthy, or you know, whatever the fucking circumstances. So yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go get fucking painted on on my arm and call that religion for a while and then walk away from it.
Speaker 2: And it's like there's so many things that like I see entertainers embrace so many things when it's like you couldn't have done that if you were poor, Right, being a Buddhist as a poor person, which arguably is kind of how you should do it, is a lot more difficult of a thing than to be a Buddhist. Volume needs a man, you understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'd say that's true of nearly every religion, right, Like, yeah, it it's like so much harder to be any of this ship if if you are hungry or fearful of where your next paycheck is gonna come from?
Speaker 2: All exactly. Of course, Russell Wilson believes in God. I would too if I if my life was that, if it was a world class elite athlete, always had been, you know what I mean, Like, of course you would he pay you. You're blessed.
Speaker 1: He's he's playing terrible football in Subway. Is still making commercials with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he doesn't. It's hard to feel like, yeah, I would. I would think that there. I would think that there was a God more than I would think that a genetic lottery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there's something. And that's what's also crazy with these guys is like, yeah, you hit a genetic lottery, but if you if you've been an elite athlete, you've seen people who hit the same genetic lottery you did that didn't make it as far. And so you trick yourself into being like, well, this is God's bless sing upon me, and not just factor in that like oh, y'all just worked insanely differently, or they like to drink more than you do, like or you had.
Speaker 2: All or you probably had a solid family base. They didn't. It's like they you know what I mean it's like you grew up. You grew up not in chaos. So it's a lot easier to like convert that because what is it to be an athlete or it'd be great at anything. It's repetition, right and not being like knocked off that day and day out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well we solved it. I think we solved it. It seems like, uh, maybe Rihanna was telling us that she loves the devil up there. Uh but who cares. She looked like she was having a great time, and we're excited that Asap got her, got her all uh all chubby again. He's an MVP. Yeah, good for you, a zap yo.
Speaker 2: I I can't believe they tried to slander your name. You.
Speaker 1: I'll worship whatever Asap worship.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, because it's.
Speaker 1: Working out, that's paying off. And his skin is incredible, incredible skin, incredible life. Come on, man, Yeah, you should believe in God. Yeah, you don't even get his braid's done that often and he's just killing. Never loose, never loose, and never lose. Can you tell the people where they can find you? And what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 2: H Yeah, I got a cartoon on an adult swim. Royal Crackers premieres on HBO Max April third. Then you can also come find me at Okay March twenty third through twenty fifth. I will be at Rooster t Feathers in Sunnyvale, California. March thirty first through April first, I will be at the Dallas Comedy Club in Dallas, Texas. And April seventh through ninth, I will be at the Before You Dive Festival in Anchorage, Alaska.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, go see Bory perform in some of the more obscure places that this country has the offer. He's doing all of them. Uh And as always you can. You can follow me at Langston Herman on all platforms. And if you want to send us your drops, your conspiracy theories, your own obscure locations where you'll be performing, you can send those to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. And please go and subscribe to the YouTube page. Go like, go watch the videos. We still have a lot of videos all coming up.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the YouTube page, yeah, how many subscribers we are?
Speaker 1: No, there's no reason to dig into that. That's not that's not here and are there.
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: And I haven't checked in a couple of days. Look, I think it's sober one thousand. Let's just address this now. At a thousand, I somehow was was forced into doing a nun chuck tutory, which I'm not prepared for frankly, Uh, but I will do it.
Speaker 2: I am just have to start now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start now. But you will get your nunchuck tutorial. I'm not going to back out on the word that I never gave. That said that Harmonica is coming up with Harmonica Harmonica Tutorials two.
Speaker 2: Thousand a lot more than one thousand.
Speaker 1: It is a lot more, but it didn't take us very long to get to a thousand. So I'm feeling good about uh embarrassing myself and you embarrassing yourself shortly after.
Speaker 2: Yes, be bad.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, go to moment dot co and download the live stream of the live my mama told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the live show was fucking great.
Speaker 2: It was. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd love for you to see it. We go to moment dot co uh slash, my mama told me, and there you will see the uh, the chance to buy the live stream.
Speaker 2: All the shit you want to have happen. It happened.
Speaker 1: It happened. There were people accusing each other of being Michigan Jay frogg as a as a result of their singing and dancing.
Speaker 2: It's great, some some people said other people couldn't read that rampant colorism.
Speaker 1: It is amazing and yeah, go go see it for yourself. At at moment dot co slash my mama told me, and that's that's all the stuff. Okay, bye, bitch.
Speaker 2: As racist turkey stuff I can't tell me