Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 3: The air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny G. Sliding into a day that is forgotten. Always feel bad for the third of July and the fifth of July today being the fifth of July, because it just does not get the same level of love.
Speaker 1: But we're hanging out as always with Dany G radio.
Speaker 4: The microphone throttler in the middle of a four day weekend for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you had a fourth you survived, which is.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of the Fourth of July, Danny is survival.
Speaker 4: Not sure. You haven't seen my left hand.
Speaker 3: My right hand was getting a workout, that is true, So I just wrapped myself what I do at the Mallor House every year. Danny, I don't know about you, but I'm more patriotic to you. I wrap myself and old glory, red, white and blue. Wow, And that's what I do. That's why I've always done that, going way back in time.
Speaker 4: I light eighties with my right hand, holding them in my left hand, and then I play a game to see if I can get it out of my left hand in time before it explodes and.
Speaker 2: Boom goes to dynamite.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you we call that the we call that the New York Giant. I think we call that, right, that's what we call that. It's it's a real blast, it really is. But I always I flashed back to elementary school this weekend. I know today's the fifth digitally, but we didn't do this podcast on the fourth edd of July because we had the race show.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: So when I was a little kid, it was John I remember hearing about John Adams said.
Speaker 1: That they had this celebration that he wrote to as well. But it was on July third of.
Speaker 3: Seventeen seventy six. It wasn't like July fourth. While a obviously a big day, right, that was the day that they had celebration and all that stuff. But it was the weeks prior to that that this thing, the Declaration of Independence and all that I got got taken care of. But big weekend, Big weekend, one hundred and fifty million Wieners will be consumed. People love their their sausage. A lot of Wieners being consumed. I like the extended Wienner three hundred million dollars this weekend of flags, banners and stuff made in China with the USA flag that that also will be passed around.
Speaker 4: And there you go. Yeah, I get kind of confused with the red, white and blue speedos. I don't understand that move Like I'm gonna have the flag on my junk?
Speaker 1: Is it what's in it?
Speaker 3: Or is it the Because I don't mind the bikini, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like I know, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, but the speedo that's on a guy, and that is kind of weird to have a flag on your balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you bring that up, and it's it's almost like your intuitive Danny, because today, July fifth, you talk about having a bad day to have a holiday. Today is National Bikini Day today. Yeah, it's National Bikini Day today. Very exciting. Now, When I look at photos of people on the beach from the early days of photography, at least when it kind of became a thing.
Speaker 1: They were wearing like burkas on the beach.
Speaker 3: I think they had a lot of stuff going on, right, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Going on there, and they weren't really concerned.
Speaker 3: About not uh you know, I guess we're worried about the sun because they were cold up. And I bring this up because it is an actual bikinni day and according to.
Speaker 4: History. We're all about history. The song that.
Speaker 3: Helped push the bikini revolution it only it's not that old. It goes back to the to the nineteen sixties and Brian Hyland song it'sy bitsy teenyweeny yellow polka dot bikini, that is what pushed the bikini.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a bad song too. I think it was probably cheesy back then. It's really corny when you hear that song now.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of music around that time that if you listen to it now, it's like, well, that's a little hokey.
Speaker 4: In the recording studio, was a producer really like bobbing his head like, yeah, this is gonna be a hit.
Speaker 3: Well, some of it is so ridonculous that I actually listened to it. Some like the bebop stuff, which I think nineteen fifties, But there's a song where I usually don't even listen to the lyrics. I just listened to the beat, the rhythm.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I like the rhythm, so that's that's my thing. I'm not a big music guy, but I like the rhythm. You're the music guy, but I'll listen to the lyrics on this one song. It's a bebop song. It's like and they're singing in this it sounds great, but they're like, man, your wife is ugly, and you're like, you better marry an ugly and they won't. They're advising you to marry an ugly woman because you'll have a better life. Sexist, but it's hilarious how they do the song.
Speaker 4: I forget the name of it, but it's.
Speaker 3: It's pretty funny now the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini. That song inspired women to get the bikini. But to me, Danny, the key point in all this, and I think you'd agree with me, and I know the Kardashians would agree with me, is the thong bikini that did not pop up until the nineteen seventies, So that was really the point of demarcation for the bikini. And we can thank our friends in Brazil. That's where the thong bikini originated. And it was I remember I was a kid and we'd go to the beach and we'd see occasionally someone in that and my mom would say, wow, they're from you know, from wherever that came from, you know, some country where that's popular. I guess you was talking about Brazil. I have one other fun fact, Danny about the bikini.
Speaker 4: You ready here?
Speaker 1: So it started, I mean, the beginning been around before that.
Speaker 4: I'm on the edge of my boxers right now.
Speaker 3: The song, the song really got to go in nineteen sixty and then you had the thong bikini pop up or pop in in the nineteen seventies. But then in wait, there's more in the nineteen nineties, all right, the Olympic Committee, realizing we can get ratings on television, they said, you know what, We're gonna make the bikini the official uniform of women's beach.
Speaker 4: Volleyball white women.
Speaker 3: And has there been anything that has done more to help women's beach volleyball than the bikini and at the time people complained, they said, this is not right, you're sexualizing women.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: And it's still a thing, dummy.
Speaker 4: That's all my material on bikinishing, and I would argue that better than the beach volleyball are the little hot shorts that the indoor volleyball girls wear.
Speaker 3: Oh the short yeah, not bad either. I don't have any fun facts about the short shorts though. I don't, damn it, have any information. When is National Short Shorts Days? Do we know when the National Short Short Day is? We can celebrate that.
Speaker 4: Sure it'll be coming up on that corny calendar. Yeah, we have all that.
Speaker 3: It's also Comic Sands Day today. There's a day to celebrate a font. What why would there be a day to celebrate a font? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Apparently there is.
Speaker 3: You can celebrate the history of the Comic Sands font, which that typeface goes all the way back to the nineties, so they certainly need a day.
Speaker 4: I guess didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't have anything like that before the mid nineteen nineties pencil. Next on this podcast, we've got extra Cheesy Bread, The Big Impulse mallor meet and greet the hogi hodown phrase all the week. We might even mix in a fun fact though, So let's get right to it. So wrapping up putting a bow on recent events, as this podcast.
Speaker 4: Serves as therapy.
Speaker 3: So my wife's birthday weekend two point zero, we continued the celebration at last weekend. It wrapped up the main event on that Sunday. Sunday. Sunday, we started the final weekend going to Burbank. As our friend like occasionally call the show says, we went to the Smokehouse in Burbank. This is I've been there a few times over the years. I used to work in Burbanks, so I went there somewhat more often. I don't live in that area anyway.
Speaker 4: That's a famous joint. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, my mom, we would communally get together the family and watch the Tonight Show. There's this guy named Johnny Carson who was very popular Tonight Show who I don't know, he's dead, but we would watch it on a regular basis and Johnny Carson would occasionally do this bit where he'd go into the audience and ask them questions, goofy questions and if they got it right, or even if they didn't get it right, he would make a joke that I'm giving you a gift certificate to the most famous restaurant in Burbank, the Smokehouse, And he'd always like mock he liked it, he said, he liked it, but everything else was like terrible in Burbank. So we went there, and this place has been around since the nineteen forties, I believe, So it's been around for a while. And it was place right across the street. If you're not from the area, it's right across the street from Warner Brothers. And so it's one of these places because back in the old days there was nothing in Burbank other than a few houses in a movie studio. And so people from the entertainment business when Hollywood was the greatest thing in the world. I have big movie stars, they would go hang out there. Producers and directors would hang out and have lunch and dine at the Smokehouse. That was that was the thing. So it's known for their their garlic bread, their their cheesy bread. And so we my wife I we have been there once. You wanted to go back. So we went out there, had the garlic, cheesy bread, the French onion soup which they only have on the weekends. Can't serve that Monday through Thursday, only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And while I enjoyed my meal for the most part, a lot of bread weigh too much bread, gained a couple pounds because of that bad job by the bread. I had a yeast infection. I guess you could say too much yeast. But we had what I call carmageddon that took place. Now we went in the afternoon on on Friday. You want to take a guest, Danny, how long you know where I live? I don't say where I live, but I live in the Malor Mansion on the north Woods. You want to take a guess how long door to door there and back? Just in the car it took to get extra garlicky, cheesy, delicious bread, French onion soup.
Speaker 4: And what else? I hate something else, but that was the main event. Let's see. You live on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Dana Point. So yeah, I'm gonna say from there to Burbonk two hours and thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 3: All right, So two hours you think total? Both there and back to all there and back. Oh, no, there and back. That's three hours and thirty two minutes. All right, pens down, reveal answers, reveal answers, and the survey says, you'll be happy to know Daddy that on my day off other than this podcast is how much I loved my wife. I spent four and a half hours in the car door to door. Say what, Yeah, took two hours to get there. Took two and a half hours to get home, bumper to bumper to bump.
Speaker 4: Wow. In other parts of the country, you could have been like four states deep.
Speaker 3: Oh true, yeah, I know exactly. I could have gone from outside Boston. I could have driven to Maine. I could have gone obviously New Hampshire's before Maine. I could have gone down to Providence easily, Rhode Island, got over to Connecticut. I could have gone on a plane and flown to Chicago. In that time, I could have made it most of the way to Hawaii. And one of the advantages I had. People often will ask me, so, why don't you do a daytime show? You can, you know, it's the daytime they pay more money on that you do. But then I have to deal with traffic. There's really really no traffic when you do the late night show, and there's one day a week where there's a little.
Speaker 4: Bit of traffic.
Speaker 1: That's Sunday and the Monday people are coming back from.
Speaker 3: Holiday, they're weekend away. But other than that, I don't deal with traffic. I used to deal with traffic all the time, but I hate traffic. Can't stand it. The other way to me to function living here where the taxation is insane and there's a lot of problems, but at least I don't have to deal with the traffic. That's one less problem I have to deal with. But I got home from lunch and I was completely gassed. I passed out. I don't nap. I had to take a nap. I was just a beaten human being from the highways and byways which were clogged up like a toilet that was poorly you know, with bad plumbing, bad plumbing, so man, it was.
Speaker 4: It was wild. But the cheesybread was good, So there was that. The cheesy bread made thirty seven minutes of the drive worth it the best cheesy bread.
Speaker 1: That's about right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the other four hours, you know, they really sucked. But that was all right, really quick, would you like a fun fact about Burbank?
Speaker 3: Oh do I of course I want a fun fact. Come on, I'm all about the fun fact. Please give me the fun Hit me.
Speaker 1: With the fun fact please.
Speaker 4: I lived there for thirteen years, so I found out some things about Burbank. Now, you mentioned back in the day, the glory days of Hollywood, when the guys wore debonair suits and hats and the women of Hollywood were very glamorous. You said it was just studios in some residential streets, some houses, and which, man, too bad our grandparents couldn't have invested in those properties, right, absolutely, And then a horse trail was added in Burbank. You could ride horses through Burbank. And it's because of a movie star.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, the most famous star that lived in that area. I don't know if this is right, but he It was actually technically to Luca Lake, which is in.
Speaker 1: Is that Burbank proper or I don't think it's that's second that.
Speaker 3: As a different city to Luca Lake. Like I remember, Bob Hope was out there, was it, Bob Hope?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, Well Bob, Bob Hope probably slept with this actress. I'm guessing he did movie star Barbara Stanwick. She and two others got that horse trail going there, and it runs Burbank, maybe even stops at to Luca Lake, because I know it runs for a little bit. Uh, But yeah, I went there. I read a plaque that's over there by one of the parks where the trail goes through. And it's just really interesting because you're in the city, you see the studios, and then suddenly you smell horse poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is the whole to Lucal I live. I did live in Burbank, but I worked there on thirty four hundred Riverside Drive in a building which I believe has now been taken over completely by Warner Brothers. But it was right across the street from the Warner Brothers studios and Kitty Corner to what used to be my favorite restaurant at the time, Dults, which was amazing. And I never got to go to the actual te Luca Lake. There's an actual lake. It's a private lake. Bob Hope, the famous actor who's been dead for over twenty years, but he lived right on to Luca Lake and it's like a block away from in fact, I'm pretty sure on the street I was on. I'm not part of the Teluca Lake Chamber of Commerce, but the street I was on, which the smokehouse. I parked on this little street and there was a gate. I think it's a gated area. Am I correct? On that day to Luca Lake is a gated community to keep the riff raft out.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I've never even seen that lake because of the fact it's gated and back in the day it was during COVID. I read a biography on Bob Hope. He shagged more starlets than all the Hollywood stars in the rest of southern California combined, besides maybe Johnny Carson. A little later, speaking of Carson, Bob Hope was a pimp.
Speaker 3: And did not have to worry about social media, did not have to The story I heard about Hope was, and I don't know if this is true or not, but I'll just repeat it because he's dead and can'tssume me. But one of the reasons that he enjoyed doing those tours to visit the troops, Danny was because what happens in the tent stays in the tent.
Speaker 1: When you're out at a.
Speaker 3: At a military concert somewhere in Germany or whatever. You bring all the hottest young starlets with you, and whatever happens happened.
Speaker 5: But we were bombed in Bizourdi, and we were bombed in Palermo, and it's in the book.
Speaker 4: I tried to get under the bed.
Speaker 5: I didn't where they get to between the spring or the mattress, because they were bombing Daddy and I I'm just laying there saying, my whole life passed before me. And actually it was my lunch.
Speaker 4: But he's giving from the heart. He was giving some other things. Yeah, he was doing it.
Speaker 1: So I found this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's true or not, but.
Speaker 3: It says Warner Brothers opened their lot a block away. This happened to open it up a block away from Teluca Lake nineteen twenty eight. And that is when the elites of Hollywood in the nineteen twenties, early Hollywood, they discovered te Luca Lake and immediately became the most expensive homes in that area. And of course they said, we can't allow the unwashed to be here. So they said, it's not public, that's it.
Speaker 4: It is a.
Speaker 3: Tranquil, private community. But you can't in that area. There's the Great the Bob's Big Boy. There was a I.
Speaker 1: Think they I don't know if the ihop is still there.
Speaker 3: The first International House of Pancakes actually opened up into Luca Lake. Yeah, that's a fun fact. That is man, is that fun? That's a bonus fun fact. Moving on from that, we have the the in Pulse Malor meet and greet. So driving back from Carmageddon, Malord travelog wife birthday weekend two point zero so the Friday four and a half hours in traffic, had to take a nap, but we had last minute plans. My eighty six year old cousin Jerry and my lovely eighty one year old cousin Lynn, his wife decided, you know, we're gonna show up to La We head to southern California and we want to see you in town.
Speaker 4: They live in the Valley of the Sun.
Speaker 3: And you might remember we talked about them in a previous episode a while ago. But Jerry and Lyn s your daddle out of Arizona in late June and they don't come back until sometime in August. Because it is the Valley of the Sun and when you live in Phoenix, you're living in a frying pan, and they're at the age where they're like, screw that, I ain't messing around with that. And so they travel around the country in their car and visit family and friends, and they're retired obviously they're in their eighties, and so they're in good health. My guy Jerry was telling me he did get a pacemaker, but everything's good. And when they're in town, you stop what you're doing on a dime and you make time for family. That's important. Royalty, right, family, royalty. So I ended up going out to a nice dinner with my cousins.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Italian was on the menu.
Speaker 4: That's some Italian on the menu.
Speaker 3: We went to a very bougie restaurant, which I would never have gone to unless I was invited. Got the VIP status, not because of me, not because of me. Ended up sitting at the chef's table. You ever sat at the chef's table?
Speaker 4: Danny? Just once in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd only done it a couple times, and normally I did it. I think the times as I remember, I might be wrong, but as I remember the times I did it, it was when I was with a group of athletes who were famous and people knew they were famous, and so they were like, hey, you want to sit in the chef's table, which is basically in the back near the kitchen, private room that type thing.
Speaker 4: So at a private room, Like, what the hell do we need a private room?
Speaker 3: It's Italian anyway, Benny the Baller, We went there my other cousins. I have a couple of cousins living in the area. They showed up, Gavin and Beth. Their names were you want to say hello to them? And they brought their son. My other cousin, Miles, who happens to be one of the smartest people I know. He Danny was telling me, and I don't know him that well. He's younger, he's a young guy, but he's a literal rocket scientist.
Speaker 4: He worked for NASA. He had worked for NASA.
Speaker 3: And then they laid they laid off a bunch of younger employees and he was part of that. But he was he was a rocket scientist.
Speaker 4: And now that that's awesome because when somebody's sarcastic and they're like, what are you a rocket scientist?
Speaker 3: I say no, But my cousin is. I stayed at a holiday and express with my cousin, and uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if somebody says that to him, he can just be like, you know what, actually I am mother sucker. That's right.
Speaker 3: Well they're not These people are not sports people. The Malord relatives don't have the sports team. Sure, yeah, my now, my my guy Jerry though, did have seasoned tickets to the Phoenix Sun, so he'll ask me about the Sun sometimes. But that goes back to when Charles Barkley was playing there and he was a younger guy. He's a big sales guy. He could sell ice to an Eskimo like that whole thing, right, you know, I could sell the Brooklyn Bridge and get somebody to buy it who lives in you know, in Seattle or whatever. But so he's great. He was a great salesman, made a lot of money and he's been retired for a while. But he had Sun season tickets, so it'll asked me about the Suns. He did actually say he doesn't listen to the show, but he'll watch the YouTube videos that they post sometimes on social media, so it's kind of like yeah, kind of and so yeah, he says, you were right about the Suns, you know, because it is sucked in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: You were right.
Speaker 3: It sucked, It stuck, but it was fun. We ate Pesto. He told stories about life. They went to Seattle on their hunting moon in nineteen sixty two. Now why did they go to Seattle in nineteen sixty two for their honeymoon? They went to the Seattle World's Fair, and that is I think they still have this. We discussed this in a previous episode of The Potast like they still have it, but it's not the thing that it used to be. But the World's Fair was like a assive event where they introduced all of the new technology that would eventually change the world. And in nineteen sixty two they drove to Seattle from Arizona to the World's Fair and that is where that event. Some of the groundbreaking gadgets that were unveiled included at the nineteen sixty two Seattle's Worldfair. A pager this was the pager is going to come to the World Wow. A cordless phone debuted.
Speaker 1: In a nineteen sixty two World Fair.
Speaker 3: And I would argue that this would be the most important thing that came out of the Seattle of the World Fair, which is now part of pop culture and part of the world and globally without this particular device, I don't believe the world can function.
Speaker 4: You know what it was, Danny?
Speaker 5: What about to witness the greatest miracle of the machine age computer?
Speaker 4: Something called the computer popped up in the nineteen sixty two the super computer back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, those evil political not political the educational Academia u c LA.
Speaker 4: Isn't that where they invented it?
Speaker 3: You see LA the computer? WHI people though, i'll Gore invented it. Yes, yeah, he invented weather. I'll Gore invented weather. Yeah. He told us all we're gonna die twenty years ago. All the cities will be flooded.
Speaker 4: And look at us.
Speaker 3: Now, let's I'm gonna I'm gonna hold off on the hogy hodown. Can I hold off on the hogy o down?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Please hold your hold your HOGI.
Speaker 3: I'll hold my HOGI. I'll hold it firm. But I didn't want to get I have a fun factoid. You ready for my fun factoid? Fun factoid? Fun factoid? Yeah, not a fun fact fun facts on the radio show Dan it is a fun factoid.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need, ohiou to do a fun fact jingle.
Speaker 1: Just a little quick booms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but facts, but Ben and Danny, you know something like that. So high heels originally were not for women. Yes, fun factid high heels were originally for men. Yeah, they came into the zeitgeist of the world. They came into fashion in the tenth century. But when they debuted, they were designed for men.
Speaker 4: It was not.
Speaker 3: Until the eighteenth century, eight hundred years later that women, more and more women said that's our thing.
Speaker 4: That's our thing. We're into the the high heels. So that is my fun factory.
Speaker 3: Now you could argue, if I wanted to be sarcastic, that that's con full circle, Danny, that we it started out for men, and here we are in twenty twenty four and I see a lot of dudes wearing them, So I guess said, we've completed We completed the circle.
Speaker 4: One day it was going to wear those to the Olympics. Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 3: Well that's just just great, just absolutely wonderful. As far as the foody fun stuff, it's a holiday weekend, so it's not there's not too much going on. I saw Taco Bell introduce the new jalapeno a ranch nacho fries that'll be available for a limited time starting July eighteenth, so not yet, and they're bringing back their nacho fries lovers pass on the app that's in.
Speaker 4: A couple of days through July night. They're just too heavy. They sit in near stomach like a rock. Yeah, I've only had them a few times.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, we lived near Taco Bell headquarters and they had a Taco Bell where they tried all the new food they were thinking.
Speaker 4: About putting into Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: And when I was in high school, I ate what became nacho fries in high school and I loved them. McDonald's is giving out free fries for the rest of the year every Friday until the end of this year.
Speaker 1: Free fries Friday.
Speaker 3: But of course, as you know, Danny, only if you have the app so they can track every everywhere you go, all these apps tracking you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the McDonald's app is worth having. That's one of the few fast food apps I do have on my phone.
Speaker 3: We learned more about McDonald's five dollars meal deal that they actually they started it a year before they launched it in Upstate New York. It took them a year of market research one year of market research to decide they wanted to go with the five dollars meal deal, which is at nine hundred locations.
Speaker 4: Come on seven. Last week, I tried to get one of those five dollars meals on their app. It's a bunch of bullshit. It starts at five dollars. To actually get a burger, it's a six dollar. Yeah, it's one of those. So the five dollars one is the chicken, which is over fried, way too much mayo on it. It's like a slimy overcooked, like a huge chicken block. Well, yeah, I did hear that.
Speaker 3: It's on a case by case basis of like the franchisees of these, like different wrestlers, McDonald's, Windy's, and Taco Bell.
Speaker 4: They can charge whatever they want, okay, so they can adjust it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like they have a cravings box at Taco Bell or whatever, but that it's supposed to be like five bucks but it ends up being nine dollars. And the Windy's they have something called a biggie bag, I guess, and that ends up being more in the meal. Yeah, so they big big biggie Yes, wonderful, absolutely great, And I think that's that's all.
Speaker 4: We don't have other stuff. But it's like a Fourth of July hangover, not for us, but for a lot of people around us. I know you and I both worked during the week right into the hall. A lot of our coworkers were already away, and no, we were here like the cockroaches who never leave Sherman Oaks, California.
Speaker 3: The cocka roaches absolutely all right. One other final final thing, I was.
Speaker 4: Oh, believe please tell me it's a fun fact.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's the phrase of the work.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This comes from blind Jake, who sent this request. He said he's curious but also too lazy to do the leg work. He wants to know where the phrase shits and giggles came from. Shits and giggles, So I did some investigation. I activated the malor Investigation Arm. This term goes back seventy plus years, but the actual origins a bit gummy.
Speaker 4: Here's what I found.
Speaker 3: Four kicks or just for fun or just for pleasure, that took off after World War Two, so that's like the.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifties ish.
Speaker 3: But shits and giggles is believed to have started as a slang term in the military during World War Two. But here's a fun fact for shits and giggles, had a renaissance, a resurgence. It fell out of the zeitgeist sometime in the sixties and the seventies and the eighties. But it was Austin Power's International Man of Mystery in the nineties that brought back and popularized that term. That's already been thirty years, but it started in the military. That was a military slang term, and then it died off and came back in the nineties with Austin Powers International A Man of Mystery.
Speaker 1: That is the phrase of the week.
Speaker 4: That was cool. Those are classic movies.
Speaker 1: I have a plan.
Speaker 4: That's called black Man.
Speaker 3: Absolutely right, we'll get out. Thank you, Danny. It's fifth of July. No work for you today on this Friday. Yes, you're done.
Speaker 1: I already worked.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Radio show. Yeah, finished on the Dan Patrick Grand Slam four of his shows in a row on Thursday. And so yeah, today is a day of rest, finally, a day of rest.
Speaker 3: Have a wonderful rest of the day here on then we'll be here all weekend Long Fresh Podcast.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to you. Then enjoy your holiday Friday. If you're not working later skater gotta murder, I gotta go