Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: We've been talking to Tom McLintock for twenty five years something like that on The Armstrong and Getty Show, going way back to when we were all much younger, and he was a just a California Assemblyman and then eventually making it into the Congress of the United States of America, currently representing the fifth District of California. He's the chair of the Immigration Subcommittee. Tom McClintock, welcome back to The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for having me back. And you realize it's been closer to thirty years.
Speaker 2: Now, Jack, Really, man.
Speaker 1: I hate doing that math, but there it is.
Speaker 2: I know. The waytime moves when you get older is shocking.
Speaker 1: Very Goldwater Junior once told me that life was like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you got to the end, the faster it goes.
Speaker 2: That's certainly true. I'm gonna give you a little warning that you can work on in your subconscious before we do these other topics, because it was driving me crazy over the fourth July two hundred and fifteth anniversary, some of the stuff flying around on social media and on cable news of people that hate this country and think it's, you know, a force for evil because you're so good at your up with the United States and why we're a good country. Stuff. I'm going to hit you with that before we let you go today. But starting here, DOGE, I guess officially wrapped up Elon Musk and other's efforts to try to rain in government spending and waste and all that sort of stuff. Is How successful were they? Why was it so hard for them to do anything about government waste? We've had stories exploding just in the last couple of weeks in the California Post and other places about the amount of waste of federal dollars in California. Where are we on that story?
Speaker 1: Well, well, again, that's largely because of the work that DOGE did turning over rocks and shining the light on on the bureaucracy and watching the bureaucraft's scurry for cover. It was always slated to expire on July fourth of twenty twenty six. It was never considered to be a permanent agency you know, Musk thought that they could eliminate a trillion dollars in waste. And it's possible when when you look at the Medicaid, hospice, daycare, student Aid, DEI and other frauds that are now being fully investigated by the Department of Justice. I think using the ballpark, they documented savings about two hundred and fifteen billion dollars. That's nothing to sneeze now, it is not seventeen hundred dollars per household, but the work they did is now being carried on by the Department of Justice and all the other agencies. And just to give you one example, mement Oz told us recently that when Biden entered office, there were just eighty fraud investigators in the entire Medicaid program. That's nearly a trillion dollar.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is incredible.
Speaker 1: It gets worse. Biden's HHS secretary, one Hobby or Bicero, who's now waiting to be anointed governor of California. When he came in, he cut that number to just eight. Well, Oz's.
Speaker 2: Just gotta go. We gotta spend a little time on this. There were eight people overseeing the spending of how much money to make sure there was no fraud out.
Speaker 1: Not overseeing investigating fraud. Eight fraud investigators.
Speaker 3: That's amazing eighty but now.
Speaker 1: That's being amped up to about twelve hundred, and they're currently estimating that for every dollar that they're spending on fraud detection, they're producing about twenty two dollars in savings. And by the way, guess who's heading up that effort at CMS doje's former acting director, Amy Gleason, So Dodge is leading off is living on through these agencies.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. And conservatives know this and also know that the only way to keep government from wasting money is to not give it to them in the first place. It's really your only hope. But it's amazing how freely governments at all levels are willing to waste taxpayers money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's bureaucratic behavior. It's in the system itself. And as you said that the founders had it right. The best way to deal with it is to provide for limited government and to a trust of the people with the judgment over how to run their own lives, rather than having the government try to run their lives for them. I mean, you know, I've been in this business a long time. And you know, these these leftists who think they're so good at running their own lives that they're also entitled to run everybody else's. You get to know them, you realize they're not very good at running their own lives either.
Speaker 2: Is often the case. Yeah, and you know, when the story exploded in Minnesota with the waste, a lot of people knew and it turned out to be true. California was saying, you know, hold my EBT card. It turned out California is going to be once we uncover all this, and federal taxpayers should be angry all across the country about this spending.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, because if there it's their money, and it's it's disappearing into this gigantic kleptocracy. And and for no, there's no excuse for it. You know, California's state auditor looked at all of these fraudulent hospice programs. They actually produced a map of this huge concentration of hospice agencies in the Los Angeles. Took that to Governor Newsom and nothing happened. Same story with the whistleblowers in Minnesota. I took it to Tim Walks. He did absolutely nothing. Now I will say in defensive the hospice providers in Los Angeles not a single hospice patient died, So they're that good.
Speaker 2: Fantastic switching topics because I know you have a limited time. Twenty first Century Road to Housing Act, Affordability is the word that's on everybody's lips. It seems to be in both parties. What is the twenty first Century Road to Housing Act and how could that help people?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's going to help people. In fact that Wall Street Journals had done several editorials against it, pointing out that all of the additional of BUAUGA. You see that they're creating all the additional regulations that actually uning to cost drive up the cost of housing. The most popular feature of it is that it prohibits corporations from buying homes and then renting them out. Well, that's about one percent of the market. And it will slightly reduce the price of housing. But at the same time, it will slightly increase the price of rentals because you're reading reducing the supply of rentals, increasing supply of housing, decreasing supply of rentals. That doesn't accomplish anything. Look, if you want to know everything there is about what's wrong with housing prices and how Reagan was right. Government's not the solution of these problems. Government is the problem. But one statistic tells you a lot. There were more housing permits granted in Dallas and Houston last year and were granted in the entire state of California combined. The median price of a home in Texas is three hundred and sixty thousand dollars. In California it's nine hundred and ten thousand dollars. We've done it to ourselves by imposing expensive mandates on construction, limiting the permits to be issued, charging exorbitant fees when they do issue permits, restricting the land that's available for housing, flooding the market with subsidies. And by the way, the demand pressure of adding ten million illegal aliens to the market during the Biden years didn't help either.
Speaker 2: Since you brought up illegal aliens and illegal immigration, where are we on sanctuary cities, because I know you're on the Immigration subcommitte or the chair, Actually, where's the whole sanctuary city story.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a bill that will preempt sanctuary jurisdictions and allow the local sheriffs who desperately want many of them desperately want to cooperate with ICE, but are forbidden by state law. We preempt those state laws allow them to enter into direct agreements with ICE for enforcement. And it also allows the Angel families to sue ICE jurisdictions who recklessly released criminal aliens rather than turning them over to ICE for deportation. I mean, people have to understand, these sanctuary laws do not This is not general immigration enforcement. They're specifically aimed at protecting criminal illegal aliens from being deported. So instead of turning over prisoners in their custody to ICE for deportation, these sanctuary jurisdictions instead release them back into our communities. And you know, you've heard of the countless tragedies that resulted last year sanctuary jurisdictions in the United States refused to honor seventeen thousand, eight hundred and sixty four ICE detainer requests. Wow, and a quarter of the releases. By the way, we're in California now, these were criminals in custody from federal law requires me deported. Instead, the sanctuaries released them back into our community.
Speaker 2: That's unconscionable. I don't know how you sleep at night. That's the weird thing about ideology that I don't quite get that you can like trump your common sense where you think you know what. I believe in diversity, so I'm gonna let criminals back on the street. I just I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Well, we just had a peer before our committee of the mother of Sheridan Gormer. She's the eighteen year old college student in Chicago. She went out for a night to look at the northern lights with her friends. She was a shot in the back of the head by an illegal alien who had been arrested in Chicago. Should have been turned over to Ice, instead was released back in the community. That's the reason she's dead. Her mother came to testify. It was heartbreaking testimony, but the ranking Democrat on our committee told her to her face, and by the way, there are probably a dozen other angel families in the audience, told her to her face that we had better things to do than another hearing on the sanctuary policies that killed her daughter.
Speaker 4: Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: It's just It's like I said, I don't know how some of these people sleep at night. I don't know. I don't know how they justify this to themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, we had another hearing. The mother, Stephanie Mencher was there. She was a young lady stabbed to death by an ill legal alien that Fairfax County had in custody for other crimes. Had an ICE detainer a request to turn over the Ice instead released this murderer back into the community where he murdered Stephanie Minterer. The woke sheriff who had released her said that, well, they just didn't have money in their budget to cooperate with ICE. And I said, all you had to do was make a phone call tell Ice you had this guy in your custody, so they come pick him up. They've got an eighty two million dollar budget, but she couldn't spare a dime to call ICE to pick up this dangerous criminal. She released him back onto the streets, and Stephanie Minner is dead as a result. I mean, these stories keep piling up, and they're going to pile up until we deal with these sanctuary jurisdictions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Making the transition to final topic here, I'm starting to believe that there is something like to this idea of a woke mind virus that fits in with Marxism or something where it just it's like a mental disease. Speaking of which, I was following the national debate over the last weekend two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of Independence Day, all the great stuff that I was coming across with our history and our founding and why America is an exceptional country. Then you had the pushback from some people in the crowd, whether it's may Or Mamdani in New York or others floating around on Twitter or whatever, on how the world would be better without the United States and we're a force for evil inness and that, And you're one of my favorite amateur historians when it comes to the founding and what's good about America. Hit us with a little spiel of why America is an exceptional country and good for the world.
Speaker 1: Well, what we're facing is is a fundamental question between two anathetical principles. It simply can't exist freedom and socialism. We had that problem before more than one hundred years ago, when the question freedom or slavery, And if you think about it, slavery and socialism spring from exactly the same rotten principle that Lincoln described as the same spirit that says you work and toil and make bread and I will eat it. So you hear from people like Tim Walsh, well, one man's socialism is another man's neighborliness. And you hear well capitalism that's just dog eat dogs, selfishness, looking out for yourself. Socialism is sharing and caring. They have that completely backwards. The only possible way to succeed in a free capitalist society is that you have to figure out what somebody else needs and how to get it for them better than they can get it for themselves. It might be mowing their lawn, it might be doing brain surgery on their child, but you have to help somebody else. Socialism is taking what one person has earned by helping another and giving it to somebody who has it. It's true, if I take a dollar from Peter and give it to Paul, Paul's got an extra dollar. It's been Paul's better off. We've now hurt Peter to the same degree what Milton Friedman wore. You can't say government's going to help one person without the same bread saying is going to hurt somebody else. But what you've really done is you rob both Peter and Paul of a dollar's worth of incentive to help each other. Paul no longer needs to help Peter. He already has his dollar. Peter no longer has to help Paul because he doesn't profit from it anymore. And the glue that holds the civilization together breaks apart. And the other thing is you need tons of course in a social assystem, because you have to compel people to act against their own interest. In judgment, capitalism requires no force because people make their own decisions. So that's the great question that we're facing, and that's the question. It's going to be resolved, I think over the next several elections.
Speaker 2: I've heard that story before and I love it from you. The Peter pay and Paul thing. I wish you could get into every school, and you have everybody here that at least once before they graduate high school. He's from the fifth District of California. He's their youngers spend Tom McLintock, thanks for your time today.
Speaker 1: Tom My Pleasure, Jack, thanks.
Speaker 2: For having me well. And that stuff about the force required to make socialism work, that's where you end up with the millions dead. But anyway, we'll be plenty of talking about that plenty over the next you know, days, weeks, years, and centuries. Probably you want to tell you about rough Greens, which is a good idea for your dog. It's something you sprinkle on your dog's food. You stay with your dog's food. You just ask add more nutrition to it. All natural Magna USA and over twenty vitamins and minerals. We're gonna get to get live probiotics, enzymes, zomega, oils, that sort of stuff. Why not try it? It's free. All you do is pay the shipping. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. When you cover the shipping, go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code to Armstrong. That's our u ffgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens makes any dog food better. A new Tom would be good on the whole. What's good with America versus socialism? Et cetera? Again, you can graduate high school and never hear a spiel at all about why socialism is bad and capitalism is good, even though that's the system we have. Stunning Okay, a lot more on the way, stay here. In my mind, Tim Sandifer is America's foremost proponent proponent. Uh, somebody in favor of let me say that because I can't get out more than two syllable words his book Proclaiming Liberty about the Declaration of Independence, and Tim Sandffer got to give a speech about it the other day, standing next to the actual declaration of Independence, which he said was one of the favorite things he's ever done in his life. We'll talk to him about that, among other things coming up in a little bit, A few things, kind of a breaking news thing. Trump just redeclared that the ceasefire with Iran is officially over. He also said that Iran has asked to continue talks and has agreed to the talks. How those two things square. I have no idea whatsoever, but this news breaking fits in with that a little bit. The Secret Service has up to the protection around jd. Vance and his home, which I assume fits in with the Wall Street Journal story today of new threats from Iran on Trump's life, some sort of specific plot to kill Trump from the Ranians, and they're up in the protection on JD. Vance. I have no idea what the Iranians are up to. It makes no sense to me. They had such a good deal going. The money spicket got turned back on they were dragging their feet on the nuclear talks and nobody was complaining about it. Why did they fire on those ships? I'll tell you why. I think. I think because Trump was right when he said they're crazy efforts. They're crazy efforts, like why would you want? Do you think you're going to get what you want by assassinating Trump? That would be insane. But they're insane people, and it's tough to deal with crazy people. Wow. Oh, Katie, Katie the Newslady with her new baby, tried to join a mom's group on Facebook. What happened will shock you. We'll get to that in the next half hour. Also stick around if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty. So I mentioned earlier that I feel like it's an advantage. I've reached the age now that if I have a problem, people help me willingly because they think, look, that poor old man is confused or lost or something, and they helped me. One of the downsides of getting older. I now have to deal with my eyebrows on a near daily basis. I had never thought about my eyebrows and my entire life. They needed no care or attention my entire life, and now it's a near daily struggle to keep them under control. Aging who knew. So I think if you're going to read one book ever about the Declaration of Independence, it ought to be Proclaiming Liberty by our friend Tim Sanderfer John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence. And Tim joins the show. I'm about to say something, Tim, welcome, thanks for coming on again.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I saw your tweet about what you said of all the cool things you've got to do in your life, you did maybe the coolest thing ever the other day. What was it?
Speaker 4: I got to speak about my book at an event at the National Archives in Washington, d C. Which, of course is the same building where the Declaration of Independence itself is on display. We had there's an event there for school teachers that the Cato Institute organizes where it helps teach them some of the things that they might go on to teach their students.
Speaker 3: And so we did a presentation about the book and then went.
Speaker 4: Upstairs and had dinner right there in front of the Declaration of Independence itself.
Speaker 3: It was really great.
Speaker 2: That is cool. I rewatched, so I got on a big founding kick, like lots of people did, especially people who love the country did, over the last weeks and months, and it continues. But I watched the first seven episodes of the John Adams series where they get into the debating the declaration and then the voting for it. Man, I've seen that two or three times, and it's powerful each time. I really feel like it gets high school teachers often do such a bad job of telling this story and taking all the fun out of it. These guys who had rich, most of them were rich and comfortable, and they signed onto something where they were gonna be hung if they lost. They were gonna be hung, no question.
Speaker 4: They're and they're facing down the most powerful empire on the planet at the time, the largest imperial government since the days of ancient Rome. And here they go and they they say, we are no longer part of you, and we're willing to fight to the death for our freedom. It's a dramatic story, and it ought to be told dramatically. And you're right, that HBO series is easily the best movie ever made about the American Revolution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the you know, I guess we already got to the sixteen nineteen project. I didn't mean to get there that fast. But the idea that these founders, you know, it was all about coming up with a way to keep the black man down and perpetually enslaved. Was why I risked. The fact that I'm a rich farmer with a great life and I'm going to get hung if i don't pull one of the maybe the greatest upset in history by defeating the Brits, I'm going to be hung. But it's you know, it's worth it to make sure black people are slaves.
Speaker 4: Now, it's absurd. This idea that the Revolution was fought to somehow preserve slavery is insane. The founding fathers are amazingly candid about the fact that they knew that slavery was inconsistent with their principles and that they would have to do something about it. And I don't know that there's any precedent for that in world history where you have this revolutionary revolutionary cadre that says we're going to break with the mother country on the principles of liberty and equality, and we know that we are currently violating those principles in a practice that is the foundation stone of our very economy, and it goes further, Jefferson says, just a few years later, he wrote, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and his justice cannot sleep forever. There is no attribute of a just God who could side with whites in a race war. And so here he's saying, we deserve to be slaughtered in a race war because of the crime of slavery. Who else has been so candid about the basis of their entire economy. Now what they knew that they couldn't abolish slavery overnight. That would take a great deal of work in order to avoid, you know, indiscriminate mask slaughter. And so of course they didn't abolish slavery immediately, but they did something that was incredibly important by proclaiming equality and liberty at the centerpiece of the new nation, and thus, as Abraham Lincoln later said, putting slavery on the course of ultimate extinction.
Speaker 2: So I got sucked into the whole America is an exceptional nation or not thing there for about forty eight hours, and it was really making me angry with the Mayor of New York City pushing back on the idea that we're exceptional, and a number of other jackasses who are offended by the idea that this is an exceptional notion our country. Can you give a little pro exceptional?
Speaker 3: Oh, of course America is exceptional.
Speaker 4: America is exceptional insofar as it pledges itself to realizing the principles of the Declaration of Independence. And of course those principles, of course, those are just words on paper. It's up to you and me to put them into actual practice and make them part of our nation's life. And of course we have done terrible things that in the past that have violated those principles, obviously, as has every other nation in the world. What sets us apart is our recognition that those things are unjust and ought to be cured, and the amazing, amazing progress we have made to abolishing those things and curing ourselves of those things. You know, there's a line Martin Luther King once said, we ain't what we ought to be. We ain't what we want to be, we ain't what we gonna be, but thank god, we ain't what we was.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. You're a lawyer and a founding expert, and all the things that people have been listening to you over the years. No, you are, You're not a psychologist. But I'm starting to think that there's some sort of mental illness that hasn't been named yet that needs to be in the DSM around this need to exaggerate the flaws and downplay the good stuff about America. It's weird. I've been using the analogy of on your fiftieth winning anniversary, when everybody gets together and you're having cake with the friends, you just keep talking about the four bad things your husband of fifty years did over the years. Yeah, rather than look at the totality of the marriage that you've stayed in because it's good. There's gotta be some sort of mental illness there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's a form of resentment. It's a form of soul destroying. Resentment goes much deeper than envy, and it's a hatred of the good for being good. It's a hatred of good things just for the fact that they even try to aspire to look upward. I'm often reminded there's a play called Chantaclair. It's a one hundred years old and it's a cute little play about a rooster who thinks that his crowing causes the sun to rise, which is amusing, but it's also in a deeper level, it's about idealism because what happens in the play is the other barnyard animals conspire to deprive him of his belief by dropping a flower pot over him so that when the sun rises, he's unable to crow, and then and that'll prove that his ideals are nonsense. And in the end, when he's confronted by this, he has this wonderful line where he says, I knew that my crowing caused the sun to rise because the forces of darkness rejoiced at my silence.
Speaker 3: And that's what people like that are.
Speaker 4: They ridicule and condemn the forces of light because they can't really come to believe that there's something in them that resents that goodness and.
Speaker 3: Thinks it's a virtue.
Speaker 4: They think they're being virtuous by hating the accomplishments of the past.
Speaker 2: That's what's so annoying about it.
Speaker 4: And and it's and I think it has to do with a sort of dis a need for discontent that I think is generated by resentment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said, I think there's some sort of mental illness there that's going to be in the DSM at some point because it's.
Speaker 3: It's also very liberating.
Speaker 4: It's also liberating if you think that all of the injustices in the world are created are social constructs. If everything is social constructs, there's no real truth to things like equality and liberty.
Speaker 3: Everything's just a social construct.
Speaker 4: That feels really liberating because that means you can remake the world tomorrow and you know, everything can be men, men can be women, and the poor can be rich, and everything can if we just believe strong them.
Speaker 3: That feels really liberating.
Speaker 4: But what you're doing is you're liberating yourself from the world, from the reality, and then you have only the freedom of the man who has suffered a shipwreck and finds himself alone in a lifeboat at sea.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of freedom you've accomplished.
Speaker 2: That way back to the Declaration of Independence on which you are an expert in your book Proclaiming Liberty could not be better. Thinking about the John Adams series and the scene where John Adams is reading what Jefferson wrote for the first time and he is like, wow, so you're not just writing a piece here on why we need to get away from England and declare independence. You're claiming a whole new thing here, that we have rights given to us by God or nature or how we want to put it, that exist. This is a new thing, Tom. So that was a pretty revolutionary idea, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's my favorite scene in the whole movie. It's just marvelous and it's so beautifully acted and everything, and I love how Jefferson responds by just saying, Wow, that's what I believe. Yeah, right, but yeah, and then it really is a radical dog And that's why we care some much, because you know, every society has had revolutions and over and over again, and most of them are forgotten in obscure books of history about some revolution on some Greek island a thousand years ago, or the revolution they had last week in South America and the week before that, and the week before that and the week before that.
Speaker 3: And they get nowhere and they accomplish nothing.
Speaker 4: What makes the American revolutions so fascinating two hundred and fifty years later is because these principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness really are true, and really are self evident, and really do matter.
Speaker 3: And of course because it's up to us to make them a reality.
Speaker 2: There are some anomalies of history that I know you're an atheist, so you can't credit it to God. I don't know. It's just amazing that these things happen. Like I was reading on a sideline about art, I was reading this last night. At the same time in Florence, in fifteen oh four town of fifty thousand people, you had Leonardo working on the Mona Lisa, you had Michelangelo working on the David, you had Machiavelli writing things. You had Rafael painting in a town of fifty thousand people. I mean it just how does that possibly happen? Same sort of situation with the founding in these quite small towns. How did you end up with the talent of Jefferson Adams, George Washington Madison, and a whole bunch of other lesson names that should be better known at the same time. It's just stunning.
Speaker 4: It is, and part of it is the Enlightenment era. That's the term that historians use for this period in the mid seventeenth to late eighteenth century time when reason and science and rational philosophy became prioritized to such a point that philosophers and statesmen were willing to overthrow even a practice like slavery in order to accomplish justice and to defend their positions. So rationally, it's really really remarkable. I'd like to think that Phoenix twenty twenty six is the same.
Speaker 2: There you go. I was surprised to hear I don't remember what podcast. I was listening to a book or something like that. Just when we had you on last time, you were giving me a reality check about you know, we've had a lot of periods in our country going back to the very founding, where there was a tremendous amount of polarization and people thought that the other side was out to destroy the country. So this isn't no, but man, some of the dealing, like in George Washington's first term, where people were hiding this information or lying about this or that. I mean, it happened very quickly, So that's just part of the deal, I guess.
Speaker 4: You know, there's this tendency of every movement to go from a point where everybody volunteers because they believe in the cause and they're willing to go the extra mile for it and everything because it's an emergency and it's kind of temporary, and so everybody's all yoking together, and then it transitions into a more stable position where people have to make a living for themselves and provide for their families and have a regular job and things, and they've become a little less interested in the cause and a little more self interested. And that transition is often the point where revolutions fail and people end up having their heads chopped off. And America was very, very fortunate that it was at that position that we created the Constitution and implemented the rule of law, which is really the most important principle at the declaration, I mean, at the revolutionary stage, is the idea that the Americans don't owe their allegiance to any individual. We owe our allegiance to the law, and all our liberty is liberty under the law as a disembodied abstraction. That's what's really unique and why we were spared a lot of what things like the French Revolution devolved into.
Speaker 2: I know, Jefferson's your famous founding father, and that would be for his ideas, but again, reading and listening to podcasts, it's hard to imagine that this would have worked without George Washington just because everybody respected him so much. If you didn't have one singular person that everybody was willing to listen to, yeah, we'd have been doomed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and who was willing to step back from which is just amazing.
Speaker 3: It's it is incredible.
Speaker 4: And by the way, have you seen the new Young Washington movie?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it just came out.
Speaker 4: It's about his early career when he's a soldier in this during the French and Indian War, and.
Speaker 3: It's it's really I thought it was pretty good. It you know, it's rough moments.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a cool show because what they show is they show one of the biggest mistakes of his life. And was impressed by how dramatically they demonstrate how how badly he screwed up, and then it shows how he learned from that and became a better leader as a result. And it's that kind of personality, you know, in some sense, the self made man made America and that's why that's why.
Speaker 3: We are a different society than these other places.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, as always, Tim The lawyer Sanda for vice president for Legal Affairs of Gold Institute, in his book is proclaiming liberty and it is worth owning and reading. Thanks for your time again, Tim, Thank you so much. You bet Yeah, that John Adams series. If you don't want to watch the whole thing and you're just interested in the declaration stuff, episode two, just just watch episode two on HBO Max. It's fantastic. Okay, we got more to come staring.
Speaker 5: Hey, we could send a humanoid into that same situation and accomplish the same things. Hastas negotiation, reach the door, go inside of the house, do all the talking and recording. I can program it to do whatever I want to do. Hit buttons. As you saw, I started fighting and started dancing. It talks any emotion that I wanted to do. I can program it to do.
Speaker 2: Sheriff Unveil's humanoid robot for hostaging negotiation purposes, I can program it to do anything I want to do, start dancing. Is that going to help in the hostage negotiation? At some point? Do the running man see if that makes him give up the hostages? Yeah? I can definitely believe that that's a future. Though I don't know about the robot actually doing the negotiating, but certainly going in there and maybe you talk to it through a microphone.
Speaker 5: Or so.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we're just talking about the founding of this great country, and I was talking about the John Adams series on HBO Max based on the book by David McCullough. And one of the things McCullough did a good job of is making Abigail Adams, john adams wife, front and center in the whole story. She is definitely she should be considered one of the founding fathers, if you're okay with that term. She played such a role in John adams decision making and support so that he could do what he did. And it's really really interesting. A political marriage not as good as John Adams and Abigail Adams. Christine Nome and her husband Brian, and this sad news. Christine Nome, the ex director of DHS, is divorcing her husband Brian after the cross dressing bombshell. Some people are seeing this as a tit for tat move. That was Michael's joke, which I thought was very very funny. You know what's funny about the term tit for tat, because obviously the joke is, you know, her husband those giant bazoombas, he's some sort of weird cross dresser online thingy. You can say tit for tat as long as you got the for tat at the end of it. You can't say the first part of it without the for tat, or I get in all kinds of trouble, like I could get sued or lose my job. I can say tit for tat, but I as long as I say for tat, even though he had enormous tit for tats right there on display with one of them pointing that way and one of them pointing that way. We're gonna talk to Katie Green, our newsperson who is a new mom coming up an hour four. She tried to get on Facebook on a mom's group and what the mom's group thing said is hilarious around the whole woke issue, just ridiculous. Also got clips of the week. If you miss anything from hour four, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Subscribing you'll get lots of it. Armstrong and Getty on Demand Armstrong and Getty