Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, You're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sundays, three Pacific, sixth Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show, and you know what that means. We got a lot to talk about here today. Filthy Tom Lawler is gonna join us as we get in all of the news. And tonight is the follow up show to aw's All in pay per View, their version of WrestleMania. This is their version of the Raw after WrestleMania. And we have a lot of segments, well, we have three segments announced for the show. Two of them are victory speeches, and then we've got a We've got a match. This is the first of I believe six shows. They're doing a Chicago residency, and I want to talk about that because a lot of people I've seen a lot online, so I want to address the Chicago residency, so we'll get into that here today. We also have NXT from last night, which was a go home show for a TNA pay per view which is coming up on Sunday. TNA Slamiversary is Sunday, and the main event is an NXT wrestler defending the TNA title in the main event of a TNA pay per view against two TNA wrestlers, so we'll tell you about that. There's also a NXT versus TNA Women's title versus Women's title match where someone's ending up with both of the belts, so that's interesting. And then of course we got all of the news, including more on Seth Rawlins and Adam Cole and Roman Reigns and Tony Kahn did a big interview talking about a lot of different topics. Goldberg not happy about everything involving his retirement match, really finds out about what's going on with Seth, and then Jelly Roll and Suri is getting ready to get surgery. A lot of stuff to get into here today, so we'll kick it off after the break. Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 4: I'm holding in my hand the American Silver Eagle dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history, and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh six Team twenty four. Keep listening for an exciting offer from US men. If you're living with diabetes and using insulin. You know the pain and inconvenience of pricking your fingers over and over again. By wearing a small remote device called a continuous glucose monitor or CGM, you can reduce the pain of pricking your fingers right away. If you're testing your blood sugar four or more times per day, injecting insulin three or more times per day, or using an insulin pump, call today and learn about the latest CGM technology. Call eight hundred two two three four nine seven nine. Eight hundred two two three four nine seven nine. We'll tell you all you need to know about cgms. A CGM can immediately reduce pain, it's accurate, easy to use, it helps you make better diabetes treatment decisions, and with insurance, you can get a new CGM at little or no out of pocket cost. Call now to learn more eight hundred two two three four nine n nine eight hundred two two three four nine seventy nine Plus get free shipping and we'll bill your insurance company for you. Cgms are the newest in diabetic technology. They can help you stay in range and manage your diabetes better. Call now to receive your new continuous GLUECOSE monitor at little or no out of pocket cost, and delivery is free. Remember if you're testing your blood sugar four or more times per day, injecting insulin three or more times per day, are using an insulin pump, call today and learn about the latest CGM technology. Eight hundred two two three four nine seventy nine. Eight hundred two two three four nine seven nine, eight hundred two two three four nine seventy nine. Copes and deductibles may apply. Call eight hundred two two three four nine seventy nine. That's eight hundred two two three forty nine seventy nine sponsored by US Medical Supply.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back of the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive. Filthy Tom Lawler is joining us here today. What's going on Filthy?
Speaker 3: Not too much? Packed week as always never ends wrestling last weekend. Huge week of fight sports for me this weekend.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, what's going on this weekend?
Speaker 3: Dustin Poitier's retirement fight for the BMF title against Max Holloway UFC three eighteen, Alexander Usik defends the World heavyweight the undisputed World heavy eight title in boxing against Daniel du Bois and Manny Paciao also fights Saturday. There's a big KSWMMA event in Poland, and like I said, just keeps going, never ends, which hey, I'm cool with it. Nagoyo Sumo bas show is going on right now. Turkish Oil Wrestling three times a week? Can't get enough?
Speaker 1: Is there really three times a week for this Turkish oil wrestling.
Speaker 3: Brother there were like fifty Vaspelavan's head wrestlers going at it today in the ninety five degree heat in Turkey.
Speaker 1: Three times a week is as many shows as WWE's running. Is there like a Ross SmackDown or an NXT of Turkish Oil Wrestling?
Speaker 3: No, it's largely the same guys.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot of oily wrestling. Well, listen, Tonight is dynamited as the follow up to the to the All In Show, and I'm pumped. Hey, it looks like we got we got a hangman. Page is gonna open the show with a victory speech. You've got a victory speech from Tony Storm coming up and then man, this, I thought for sure this John Moxley was gonna take some time off, but nope, John Moxley, Claudio, and Wheeler are gonna be facing Hangman Hobbes and Mark Brisco. So we're just barreling on through to see what's next. And they are the first of I believe six shows. It is a Chicago residency. And you know, I got a tweet today which I want to read here because I don't respond to these on Twitter at least, but I want to respond to it here because it's kind of funny. S guy here goes, wonder what WBD shareholders are thinking? Did they pay a hundred eighty million you see a wrestling by a studio show producing a ballroom? Imagine if WWE took the Netflix money and produce shows from the PC. Gotta be something with this, Okay, So first off, I'm pretty sure the WBD shareholders are not gravely concern with where AW is running tonight. And second, do you realize what like you're a shareholder of some things, aren't you, Tom?
Speaker 3: I am okay shareholder in TKO over the tkoh in fact, yeah, so so like if you're a shareholder in TKO like, what is your concern where raw runs, or is your concern about whether or not TKO makes money, because then you, as a shareholder, make money. My concern is with them making money. If you're also in this situation, if you're WBD, right, your concern is the television ratings and getting advertisements. It's not necessarily how many people are in that arena. Sure, it's better to have more people, But if there's two thousand people and it's packed and it looks great on TV and it brings in more viewers, more advertisers, that's better than having, you know, five thousand people in a worse atmosphere that doesn't pay off.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say that it is. It is. It is somewhat concerning that they are running a eleven hundred c building that isn't sold out yet for the first show after all in, that is mildly concerning. You know, you should have sold that thing out like instantly. This is the all in post show. But the actual building itself is like, I mean, that's an incredible looking building. I don't know how anybody could like listen, we saw when AW was running large buildings and there was nobody there. Okay, we watched that. Okay, then they started moving to smaller buildings like cool, unique buildings, and yeah, there's less people in the buildings, but dude, it looks way better on television. The crowds are way better on television. Like, I can't see how you can see this as a negative other than well, if you're if you're running an eleven hundred and seventy seat building, you shouldn't have only eleven hundred tickets sold like it should be sold out. Other than that, I see no issue whatsoever with running smaller, cool looking buildings, packing them and having like a cool react, a cool reacting Brian.
Speaker 3: I can almost guarantee you one of the talking points after this show tonight is going to be how awesome this place looks this Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom. Dude, it looks like nothing else you see on TV wrestling, any sporting event really. I mean, we watched guys fight in Spain and like you know, out in the street and like Colisseum area and that's pretty wild, But you don't see that on WWE. It's the same thing over and over. It's the same homogenized product, no matter what arena they're in. It looks the same and aw separating themselves by running at these cool places is a great idea. I'm telling you. People are gonna see the show. They're gonna be like, we need more venues like this.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we've also got Well we'll talk about NXT later on tonight, which, by the way, also is in a small building every Tuesday. I've never heard concern from shareholders about the small building they run NXT in every week.
Speaker 3: No, you would hear concerned, Brian if they were out on the road and there'd be nobody in the crowd.
Speaker 1: Well, sure of course that would be that would be a big concern.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So seth Rawlins guest hosted The Rich Eisen Show this afternoon, and he had an update on his knee. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 1: He said, I was in Birmingham, Alabama, on Monday, but there was too much swelling in my knee, and so in a week or two i'll be reevaluated in Los Angeles. Hope to have a clearer picture, but I think I'll be on the shelf for an extended period of time. Okay, I still I still will go with the idea that his knee is not great, okay, like he's maybe something needs to be scoped out whatever, Okay, But I am now firmly of the opinion still that what happened on Saturday Night's main event was a work and that they essentially lied to everybody and are still lying to people, and that the whole reason and somebody like yesterday were like, well, what was even the point of this work? Why was this even done? What was the point? Well, the point is because this story is going to be, and literally he said it here in this interview, the story is going to be that because he was injured injured on Saturday Night's main event, he will be out an extended period of time, and in fact, he will be back sooner than everybody expects to do a cash in now, because I think this has kind of gotten out. I don't actually think that he's going to cash in its SummerSlam, because my presumption is everybody now figures, well, you know, they're gonna say he's out for a long time, but he's going to cash in it, Solam. That now seems too obvious to me. So I'm thinking that the cash in will be maybe shortly after Summer Slam, and not on summer slam itself. But we'll see. You know, you mentioned Tom that this was the same knee that he had injured before, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it was the same one when he remember he came off the top with like a power bomb attempt on Cain, I believe of all people years ago.
Speaker 1: By the point is like he he explained very much what happened to him at Saturday Night's the main event. He he heard his knee buckle and pop and then he went down. And I mean the point of this is he is he has legitimately seriously injured his knee before, so he knows what it feels like, he knows the symptoms, he knows the post uh you know, the post injury swelling and everything. We can confidently talk as if he injured himself seriously this time. But I think I think what I can say is because hey, listen, I'm not I'm not i'm not a doctor, i'm not i'm not analyzing, I'm not you know, in there looking at his actual knee and looking at MRI results or whatever. But I will say I would bet you dollars to donuts he cashes in long before nine months to a year I think that's abundantly clear by what's going on here. I'll just leave it at that. We're gonna do a break back in a mom with more news, and then we'll do the NXT reports. Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back of the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Filthy Tom is joining us, and yes, there is no After Dark Radio today. It's a replay. But as Tom noted during the break there is there is paranormal news out there. Dan Rivera, a paranormal investigator, died unexpectedly during the Annabelle the Doll tour and I believe that Old Dom brought this to my attention as well. You saw this today.
Speaker 3: Dom.
Speaker 1: It's all over the news, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fifty four year old he's here somewhere, Tom, isn't there fifty four year old Dan Rivera. Yes, the New England Paranormal group there. I mean, looks like he was in good health before this unexpected passing.
Speaker 1: So police really found nothing unusual at the scene, I mean, aside from a guy dying and nothing unusual doll at the scene. So Annabelle the doll was a doll it was given to ed Lorraine Warren that was claimed to be haunted by like a six year old girl, and so they put it in their little paranormal museum and then they were like stories that, you know, the doll had caused people to bleed and everything like that, and so they woul end up going on. They were taking the doll on a tour and the doll allegedly vanished, but it turned out it was a It hadn't vanished, it wasn't actually missing.
Speaker 3: It was viral marketing.
Speaker 1: It was viral marketing. Basically the doll had escaped or whatever. But now this paranormal investigator on tour with the doll has died. So now this is I mean, this is everywhere USA Today, The New York Post, the Today's Show, news Week, I mean, Eonline, everybody is talking about this story. But yeah, haunted dolls. Haunted dolls like one of those things. You know, you probably will disagree with this, Tom because you know you're normal, but haunted dolls are one of those things where like, I don't believe in haunted dolls at all. However, if there were a haunted doll in my presence, I would be on my best behavior because it's like the old saying, like you don't believe it, but just in case, you know what I'm saying, just in case, you know, don't mess with those haunted dolls.
Speaker 3: I'm certainly not going to tempt Anna Belle with putting my fate in her hands. So keep me away, all right?
Speaker 1: We had back to actual wrestling news.
Speaker 3: Well can I get it? Can I get in this story? Because this one's equally as bizarre? What's that to me?
Speaker 1: Do not about Connor No?
Speaker 3: Last month KFC, one of My Guilty Pleasures, announced that they had released their bantamweight champion, and today it came out that the reason why is because, according to mm A Mania, I believe this is Alex Bouhennon. According to video that was obtained, there was a verbal altercation between Alberto Bloss, who was the champion, and Joel Romero, an American top team. This argument escalated moved to the parking lot where Blass allegedly attempted to strike Romero with his car. After missing him twice, he exited the vehicle retrieved a sword from his trunk, excuse me, and struck Romero twice in the arm in hand, so he dropped him with his sword. Correct. Romero was hospitalized. He attended all the court dates, did not test to fy and bloss ultimately acquitted by a jury on all He.
Speaker 1: Was acquitted of sword stabbing.
Speaker 3: Ultimately acquitted by a jury on all charges dating back. It was a jury December twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: My god, when did this allegedly happen?
Speaker 3: I believe December twenty twenty four or okay filed They filed twenty twenty two, so.
Speaker 1: Nobody had There were no witnesses, nobody had videos.
Speaker 3: Urol Romero fought multiple times in twenty twenty two. He kept it to himself. Wild what a story?
Speaker 1: How about that? Don't mess with a guy with his sword. It's it's a more effective weapon than a car.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, maybe maybe Yowell had a paint pen.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Tony Kahan was on the Good Karma Wrestling podcast and he had a couple of things to say. It was asked about Adam Cole and he said he disagreed with Adam Cole saying in his all in promo that he let people down He said if Cole could have been out there, he would have been. He made the call early Saturday after the Ring of Honor Supercart of Honor show wrapped. It was a hard conversation, but he was glad Cole was honest with him, even though we are all sad we don't get to see Adam Cole wrestle for a while. Hopefully he will be able to return in some capacity, but definitely he needs time off. After talking to him, he was asked about all In. He said it was the best week ever on Amazon Prime due to a ten dollars Prime Video credit promotion they ran. He only has digital buys, which he said were through the roof, and he expects cable and satellite numbers of all I actually expect that all In did like a really good number. I think it probably it may have even done the best number they've done all year, because they really did do a good job building it up as like their WrestleMania. And this will be the end of this death writer's Hangman story line. He was asked about Michael Oku, friend of the show. Michael Oku. He was on Supercar to Honor against Etchi Sero, and he said, we will have Michael Oku back very soon, and then he plugged Forbidden Door in London. Aw's going to be in Glasgo, Scotland for the go Home edition of Dynamite Collision, so he might be part of that as well. And he also said that he attributed the resurgence, the creative resurgence in twenty twenty five to taking less of a quote committee of play callers approach and now he's more hands on as a play caller. So basically, you know, every time there's something that people like or don't like in AW, I always say the same thing. If you like it, it's Tony. If you don't like it, it's Tony. Does a person like Mercedes have some influence or a Moxley or a Jericho or you know somebody like that, Well, yeah, of course they have some influence. But at the end of the day, if you like it, it's Tony Khan. If you don't like it, it's not Tony Khan. Now that's not to say that he is one hundred percent responsible for everything, because guys approach him with ideas all the time, and guys will argue his ideas and sometimes he will say, okay, you know what we'll do it your way. But still that's his call. So at the end of the day, if you like something in AW, it is Tony, and if you do not like something, it is also Tony, and then you can go into semantics from there. But that is that.
Speaker 3: Brian. Do you think that this pay per view broke two hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, I would bet. I would bet. I think normally they're doing in like the one thirty range, so I could see this one doing one fifty five, one sixty something like that. I don't I would be surprised at two hundred.
Speaker 3: I mean, all in twenty twenty four did a year ago did one hundred and seventy thousand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so we're very different, dude. We're still down. I mean, even though like there's been a resurgence of AW. I mean if you look at year over year, I mean, they're still down a lot, especially in eighteen to forty nine, eighteen to thirty four. So they may hit one seventy one, seventy five, but I would still be very surprised by two hundred. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, obviously, but I would be pretty surprised. Goldberg, Uh, he's got some stuff to say.
Speaker 3: Well, we gotta wait two weeks.
Speaker 1: He says, he will have more to say in two weeks, and Ariel asked if he had signed an NDA that expired in two weeks, and he responded, yeah, let's just say that. So what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Did you see his comments about obviously? So did his comment about taking the chop from Walter or gun.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read some right here, he said he was. He said he was pissed off with many aspects of his final run. He mentioned not being happy his final match was on live television rather than a pl where he could have more control over his time. He said, Ultimately, to have a little more control over the time and the space would have been preferred. Let's just put it that way. But to be given the opportunity on such a special show with the leaders of the show, to be able to go up against the world heavyweight champion and Gunther again, it was an honor and a privilege to be given that opportunity. I had to make the most of it, he said. They cut me off after freaking twenty seconds with a microphone in my hand. For God's sake, I have two weeks where I can really spill the beans and make my feelings known about the entire rundown, from the inception of the idea to his delivery. It was a little lesson to be desired. But again, not gonna complain as he's complaining, because not many people get that opportunity. He praised Gunther. He said it was awesome. I had a good time. I was laughing. I actually had fun. He said. There were moments in the match where actually enjoyed myself, and I can't say I've done that very many times. He said, I would have loved for them announce in January, have a build to it, do something I thought was worthy of my career. But let's just say they chose to do it with three weeks. Notice it's part of the meal you get dealt. I think it's more of the hand you get dealt. But anyway, he says it was a shame. Let's see if he's got the thing about the chops. He did say he laughed about the chops. I think he said that he thought they would be harder, and so he.
Speaker 3: Laughed and he didn't mean to. He broke character. Yeah, he apologized for breaking If you watch it's he's in character the whole time. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing with chops I think I talked about this here on the show is you know people are always like, oh man, I'd love to see Brian against Gunther just getting chopped, like it's like the worst thing that could happen to me, or they'll go, who was it. I feel like somebody just mentioned this the other day. They were like, you know, the one thing I just wouldn't want to take in a match as a chop, like chops have been built up is this thing that's like so scary and violent and dangerous and like the worst thing that can happen to you. And it's like, bro, I'd take chops like, I mean, dude, they're not that bad. I mean, Gunthers are I think, stiffer than most. But you're just getting chopped. I mean, there's a lot I wouldn't take before I, you know, say no to chops back in a moment Observerlive.
Speaker 2: Hey, hear that.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know I do, that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine life, or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield, get our best protection ever. Call now. You'll thank me later. Eight hundred two four seven sixty one three five eight hundred two four seven sixty one three five. That's eight hundred two four seven sixty one thirty five.
Speaker 6: I am a non attorney spokesperson representing a team of lawyers who help people that have been injured or wronged. If you involved in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or injured at work, you have rights and you may be entitled to money for your suffering. Don't accept an offer you get from an insurance company until you talk to a lawyer. And we represent some of the best personal injury lawyers you can find, tough lawyers that will fight to win your case, and they're so good they stake their reputation on it by only getting paid if you win. So if you've been in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or hurt on the job, find out today for free what kind of compensation you may be entitled to.
Speaker 3: Call the legal helpline right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three. Eight hundred four oh one five one sixty three, eight hundred four oh one five one sixty three. That's eight hundred four oh one fifty one sixty three.
Speaker 7: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published, make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eighty five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: My connection is a little bit weird here, so if I disappear, Tom's gonna take over and talk about jelly roll and NXT. Oh god, hey, No, Dom had a good question during the break. You want to ask that question here? Tom?
Speaker 8: All right, Yeah, you talked about there's a lot of moves you wouldn't take and chops were fine. So I'll ask both of you. Was there a move that you both enjoyed taking, whether it was the setup or the process of doing it.
Speaker 1: Tom doesn't want to answer because he's a coward.
Speaker 3: No I said I was gonna answer.
Speaker 1: You said you weren't gonna answer.
Speaker 3: You don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well no could I dropped all right, here's mine. Okay. I liked any move where I could either take my own bump or there was no impact. Those are all great submissions. There's no submission. That's a problem. Backbreaker, the old shoulder breaker, all that kind of stuff, like there's no impact. It's all, well, it's all you know, it's easy. I uh, the move I liked taking that involved an impact. I loved taking backdrops, but you're taking your own bump. You know, the guy starts to lift and you push off him and you I loved taking high backdrops, but I hated power bombs or Alabama slam or you know, moves where the other guy has to make sure that they put you down right and if they don't, you land poorly. So those were the moves that I hated. But you know, I didn't mind getting shopped. I didn't mind getting like clobbered with a forearm in the back. I didn't mind getting, you know, super kicked by a guy that knew what he was doing.
Speaker 3: Or what about the old stump puller?
Speaker 1: Actually, dude, god, you're an idiot. Hey. By the way, remember that match we had where you'd gave me the stump puller. Yeah, okay, so not one time did I say I'm not sure about the chops. Not one time. I didn't even question it. Did question was when you wanted to give me that what was it, the kudo driver or whatever. I don't even remember that tombstone thing that you do. Oh, a Tensen driver, a Tenson drive, tens on tombstone driver. Yeah, I wasn't so sure about that one easiest move you could take. Uh yeah, I was not so sure about that one. But uh but yeah that stumpler. Guys, go back and watch when Tom puts me in the stump puller like you are the worst wrestler. Dude. You sat over me and like you pulled my stump for this the normal stump poler, And then I guess you figured, oh, this guy seems flexible, and so you rolled all the way to her back. I'm doing the splits in this move. I'm doing the splits. You almost killed me this guy.
Speaker 3: This guy just accused me of being a bad pro wrestler because I make fans exactly what they wanted to see. Yeah, the killing your a poet, go there to see behold your legs, God in a comfort position.
Speaker 1: I want to still frame of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's stump right off the stump.
Speaker 1: I have a still frame of that stump puller and like, if you watched it, you'd vomit. And what you did to me in that match.
Speaker 3: God, you want to know Dom, since you asked, I want to know what moves do you like? What move do I like? Giving and taking? My favorite? The superplex, the good old vertical style suplex superplex. I love it. I love that feeling of floating through the air. You know, usually I'm wrestling people that aren't you know, they're professionals, so we could pull it off properly and no one's getting hurt. There's very few things I enjoy in that ring more than going up there, having the guy hook me and then none, we're gonna go on three? You ready, let's go? Oh? Never so funny alive is is?
Speaker 1: Uh? It was probably twenty eighteen or whatever I had that match with jungle Boy, and he wanted to do something off the top rope, and I can't remember what it was, but I'm pretty sure I said, how about we do a superplex instead? So I don't know if maybe you want to do like some tombstone or something that I wasn't sure about, so I was like, let's just do a superplex instead. So I hadn't had a lot of matches when I came back for that one, and and I remember we're like doing the match or whatever, and then you know, I climb up to the top rope and he's gonna do the run up the ropes into the big superplex, and I remember I got to the top and this dude starts. I mean, he's running at me fast to run up these ropes and super kick me. And I briefly had that thought.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 1: What did I just agree to do? Like it's a long way down, and dude he runs up and he grabs me and he lifts me, and I'm way up in the air, upside down and I'm old and I'm like, oh, oh my god, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like I was.
Speaker 1: I was sure I was gonna die. And man, we hit that mat and it was nothing. It was exactly like you described. It was like it was so much fun to just float through the air and then I was expecting doom and it was like, woo, that was it. It was great. So yeah, Superplex is fun as long as you land right. Should we talk about NXT hey?
Speaker 3: It was I enjoyed some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Lance is mad that I flinched when he threw a superkick at me. Well, yeah, Lance, I mean I didn't work with Lance storms my entire career. You many guys kicked me in the face on that move. Of course I'm gonna flinch, all right. Yeah, this was a There was one thing. I'll put it this way. The show was much better than last week. It wasn't like the best show I've ever seen, but there was one thing on this show that, like everyone in the world should probably go back and watch because it was so awesome. So we got a fatal influence opening segment, No Blake Monroe and Masha Slamovich comes out and a bunch of women get in an argument everything. It sets up a thing for the main event six person for later, and it was it was fine. Then we had Dark State against the first half hour this show sucked Dark State against Trick Williams, Mike Santana, and Joe Hendry. So I don't know how long they went. It wasn't that long. But all of a sudden, Trick starts yelling at Joe and Santana, so they punch him and then they throw Dark State, all four of them into the ring in a three on three match. They suddenly realize there's four of us, and there's two of us and four of them. But then out comes the System from and we just have a wild brawl for the DQ. I was like, what, So that was stupid. It settled absolutely nothing, and it was a terrible finish. So then we had Kellie Armstrong who's the Evolved Women's Champion, and Carmen Petrovitch for the Evolved Women's title. I swear to god, they go thirty seconds in a title match and Jordan Grace hits the ring and attacks Kelly for the DQ.
Speaker 3: They may have gone a minute because Kellie Armstrong, while she was in there a very short amount of time, may have thrown the best punches I've seen in current WWE. She rifled them off at Carmen Petrovick. I was so so impressed.
Speaker 1: Maybe she just punched her in the face. I mean there's been a lot of that here in NXT of late. So then uh, mister Stone Stevie Turner came out and Blake appeared on the big screen and uh, she said, next week, Jordan, you're invited to sit front row for my NXT singles debut. So that's coming up.
Speaker 3: She said Jordan wasn't fit to hold her slippers.
Speaker 1: Cool. What So then we had Team Undertaker backstage and Trick Williams shows up a trash talk some which leads to the announcement the next week Undertaker is going to be on this show to confront Trick Williams. Okay, all right, And then we had the best thing on the show. It's Tony D, Luca Crucifino, and Stax.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So to build up to this match, at the top of the hour, before every commercial break, they had like recaps of the storyline of Tony D's family. They did a very good job building this up. The only thing that was weird is I could have sworn Rizzo said I'll be there next week, and she was nowhere to be seen anywhere here on this show. So I hope that's not bad news for Rizzo. But anyway, they do this match and it's just like a three way like it's fine, but dude, the last minute of this match, it's like so awesome. So you know, Tony's selling doing whatever, and Stax is getting heat on both these geeks. And so finally at the end of the show, Stax goes for his crowbar, Luca stops him, he throws him outsideither having this brawl or whatever. So Stax gets the crowbar and he misses a swing on Luca. So as he misses this swing, Tony d flies in out of nowhere and he spears stacks all the way through the wall. Place goes wild. So every time Goldberger whoever does a spear and puts somebody through a wall, they always sell it like both guys are dead. So Tony he spears this guy through the wall. The ringing now like the announcer like, oh my god, get somebody out here. These guys are hurt. So like five seconds passes and all of a sudden, Stax flies out through the hole again belly first, he's dead. And then Tony boom, he powers his way through the wall like he's the Shockmaster, but he doesn't fall down. He was like the kool aid Man, dude, this place goes wild. So then the kool aid Man goes over. They're already going wild. He grabs Luca and he gives him his big choke slam finish. The whole announced table just explodes. Now the people are going wild. He grabs Stacks, throws him in the ring, picks him up, Boom, choke slams. This guy swams him whatever.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, this place is going wild. Like it was so good that I almost thought, is this guy beaten trick for the title? Because this is what you do to make guy all of a sudden the top guy in the entire promotion. I mean, it was the best one minute of just rampant destruction that I have seen in forever. And he gets his pin and this place is going wild, and he leaves and he looks back and he sees his hat on the ring post, but he walks away from it. So I think they're like repackaging. Tony d is like just like the baddest dude in the world, because that's how he came off at the end of this segment. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sad to see the family go But what a way to go out? How asome Tony dB and we haven't seen this type of domination since Roman Reigns was stacking people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, gord Wood and Pin both of them at the same time. I mean, yeah, this was I mean, this was so perfectly done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was expecting, like after he hit that the one on Crucifino through the table, I'm expecting like just something else to happen, and it was like, Nope, this guy will put a stamp on this. He is throwing these guys into the ocean with concrete on their feet.
Speaker 1: Yes, tall, Like if I found out tomorrow, I don't like to see when get fired, but like if I found out that, you know, they got rid of Stacks and they got rid of Luka and like their careers are done. Awe. It's like I should have seen it coming with this finish Call Lee. He just what's the term? Body them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mrk them something Call Lee. Then we had some segments backstage. Ren Sinclair will be uh facing Blake and her debut next week in Ren's like home state, so that sucks for her. We had a Josh Briggs deal where you know, he's turning heel, and they set up a three way with Obafemi, Josh Briggs and in a murah for the title, I believe, even next week on television, and then the main event was Masha Slamovich Soul and Tzaria versus Fatal Influence, and Masha ended up in the ring with j C. Jane and pinned her. So this was actually what they did on the Great American Bash, except they had Mariah May Blake Monroe, she pinned Jace and like that led Like I'm still baffled as to why they did that finish, because you know, Jace retained the title the next night and Blake turned heel, So it's not even like they're setting up Blake and JC. So I presume Jace is winning both titles at Slammiversary, and I don't know where we go from here with Blake, but we'll find out. So back in the month with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Bryan Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Philthy Tom Lawler is joining us here today, and at this point it looks like tom I will be here on Friday. It's tomorrow, I may not be around, oh boy, so we'll have to make some plans, see what happens. But tonight I will be back for wrestling Observer Radio with Dave. We'll have a lot to talk about with his Dynamite show, and then uh, you know NXT and all of the news as well, and then Friday will be back for Fun Friday. So the st Collision.
Speaker 3: What is Collision this week?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 3: I think Saturday back to its all time Huh?
Speaker 1: I think so. Does anybody in the chat know when Collision is this week? It's kind of one of the problems with Collision is like they're moving it to all of these different you know this channel at channel, follow this, follow that, blah blah blah. But at the end of the day, it's like it's good to try to find which one does the best. But also like if we're viewers, like we have no idea when this show is half the time. Luckily I have YouTube TV and I just hit that plus button and it records it whenever or wherever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: And yes, there's no after Dark today, but it is a There will be a replay up on Sports Byline and we will be live for next week's show. So that's the plan. We're week gotta do traveling and doing my best.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Anything else, Tom, anything you want to plug?
Speaker 3: No, Nope, nothing at all. I hope everybody's having a good week.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for listening everybody. We'll see you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.