Speaker 1: No one likes to talk about money. Am I saving enough? Can I buy a house? Am I paying too much in taxes? Will I be able to retire? What if you could unlock insights about your finances in less than five minutes, with a clear picture of where you stand today and where your money can work harder. Now you can visit facet dot com to take the free quiz and get your financial wellness score today. That's Facet dot com. This ad is sponsored by Facet. Fast Wealth in Corporated is an sec registered investment advisor. This is not an offer to buy your self securities or is it investment, legal or tax advice.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to move your career forward? Make your comeback with Perdue Global and get college credit for your work, school, life, or military experiences. With these credits, you may have already completed up to seventy five percent of your undergraduate degree. You've worked hard to get where you are. It's time to get the recognition you deserve and earn a degree you'll be proud of, one that employers will trust and respect when you take the next step in your life and career. Make it count with Perdue Global produce online University for working adults. Start your comeback at Purdueglobal dot edu.
Speaker 3: He'll forget about the video game you gave him on his birthday.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks Grandpa, but.
Speaker 3: He'll never forget how you invested in his future with the uns stapp.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks Grandpa.
Speaker 3: The units stap makes it easy for grandparents and family friends to give funds to a child's investment account for a limited time. Download the uns stap and use the code I Heart fifty at sign up to receive a fifty dollars bonus when you find your account. That's code iHeart fifty when you sign up at unest dot co for a fifty dollars bonus. See terms and conditions at UNEs dot co.
Speaker 4: Hey welcome everybody. We are so glad to have your tuning in. We loved you, We're praying for you. We believe that twenty eighteen is going to be an amazing year in your life, a year where God exceeds your expectations. Thanks for tuning in. I'm here with my beautiful wife Victoria, my friend Nick Nielson. Nick. Can I see that I've got a new book out. It's called Next Level Thinking. It's ten powerful thoughts for a successful and Abundant Life, and it comes out this Tuesday, but hope you'll pick up a copy and we'll talk a little bit about it. Today. I'm sitting here with a couple of hundred of the finest, most powerful anointed pastors and all of America right here. So guys and ladies, thank you so much for being with us. We're going to have a great time. But Nick, thanks for being a part in Victoria. Say hello, Dinbo, No.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about this webcast. We're going to have a great time. And who doesn't want to go to the next level in they're thinking, I know, I do.
Speaker 4: So we have.
Speaker 5: Amazing people here and Pastor Nick, you're always so great at like bringing out those great points and so you know, we're glad that you tuned in because you're really special to this webcast. We know that we pray for you, know that we are for you. We know that God has amazing things in your future. So thank you for tuning in, and we're all going to go to the next level.
Speaker 6: You know, we just want to have a conversation about this book, Pastor and I just I think it's a very relevant book, applicable book. But what what do you hope people grab from this book. I mean, what's what's the heart, what's the what's the biggest thing that you'd hope people receive from it?
Speaker 4: Well, Nick, that I believe our life follows our thoughts, and so so many times we're thinking defeating thoughts and negative thoughts or limiting thoughts, and it's not God limiting us. We're limiting ourselves worth our thinking. And so I'm encouraging people in the book to you know, let's take the limits off of God. My father used to say, you will never rise any higher than the way you see yourself, than what's going on in your mind. And most of us know. But there's a recording that's constantly playing. You know. The experts tell us that we talk to ourselves more than we talk to anybody else because there's something playing it. Sometimes we don't realize it, but the recording is negative. It's just how we've grown up. As you know what. I'll never be successful or Joey, You've got a big church, but I'll never do anything great. I'll never get well, I'll never break the addiction, or you know, I'm not as talented as my brother, I'm not as good looking, as my friend. As long as those thoughts are negative, we are limiting ourselves. And so I'm just encouraging us to turn on the right recording. And that's what God says about us. That we are blessed, that we are strong, that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, that we're not average, we are masterpieces. And even I think about sitting in this building, you know what one thing we had to do. When they told me the Compact Center was coming available. My first thought, I told the guy, said, there's no way we could afford that. That'll be two hundred million dollars. My first thought was, you know, I wasn't even going to pursue it. He said, no, Joel, the city only owes seven and a half million dollars, and that cost a little bit more than that for us to get it. But you know, when I heard that, I thought, you know what, I can believe for seven and a half million dollars. But you know what I had to take the limits off of God. You know, I had grown up here watching the Rockets play basketball, had season tickets right back over there. In my wildest dreams. If you would have told me, you know, twenty thirty years ago that one day we would own the Compact Center. I said, there's no way. That's not even fathomable. This is where the Rockets won two world championships. It's the premier auditorium in our facility. But you know what, only thing that limits us is our own thinking. I just said, God, you know what, I don't see how it can work out, but I know you're on the throne. I know you controlled the universe. So I took the limits off of God. And it doesn't happen automatically. But you know, when you think like God thinks, when you take the limits off of him, that's what allows God to do great things. So that's what the book is about. Wherever you are, God wants us to rise higher. He doesn't want us to be at this same level next year as we are right now. He wants us to go further. So I think the first thing we have to do is we have to take the limits off in our thinking and say, God, I'm goost start thinking at the next level. I almost start believing for bigger things. Yeah, God, you being good to me. I'm not saying, you know, you don't have to have a dediction or have some big kind of problem. But sometimes you know how I do. Sometimes life can just get routine and okay, I kind of reach that level and that's kind of as good as it gets and all that. But you know what, you take the limits off of God and you watch where God will take you.
Speaker 6: There's ten thoughts, so each of them are phenomenal on their own. Right there, there's chapter two years when I I'm gonna just read a sentence.
Speaker 4: That you wrote.
Speaker 6: It says you are fully loaded and completely equipped for the race that God's designed for. You talk a little bit about what that means to you, being fully loaded. So many people that we meet feel inadequate to do the certain things that God's designed to do, step up in the workplace, wherever they may be.
Speaker 4: It's exactly how I felt, nick when my father went to be with the Lord, and I knew down in here I was supposed to step up and pasture the church. I don't know how to explain it. I just knew that I was supposed to. But every thought told me, Joe, you can't pass the church. You never been to seminary, you don't have the training. You've ministered one time, and you're going to take over your father's church of six thousand people. I mean, everything in my mind said there was no way. And part of it was just, you know, I didn't feel equipped. I didn't feel empowered. I mean, I'm naturally more quiet and reserved. I like being behind the scenes. I was the one running the camera and doing all the production. And you know, I used to watch my dad and he was my hero. You know, he could get up there speak and so powerful, and you know he came out of that generation before me, and they were fiery and man, he'd give you goosebumps. And I thought, God, I don't have any of that. I don't have the personality, I don't have that fire in me. But I realized that God would not have given you the dream if he had not already equipped you and empowered you. And so many of us have things on the inside, gifts and talents that we've not yet tapped into their line dormant and even for me, I don't think I was supposed to be ministering those seventeen years. I was behind the scenes. It was all a part of God's timing. But I can say this, there are gifts in you that are dormant and at the right time, God's going to open some things up for you. He's going to open some new doors. But I think it's important rather than feeling you know, I kind of feel inadequate, not qualified, you know that insecure. You've got to change that recording again and know that, hey, I am equipped, I am empowered, I am fully loaded with everything I need to fulfill my desk.
Speaker 5: That's kind of the preparation part, isn't it. That whole speaking to yourself when that potential is calling out, you're scared, But it's when you start that recording going in the right direction. It's part of the preparation because you said yourself that. It took a little while and you had to look at yourself in the mirror and you had to just start talking to yourself and say, I.
Speaker 4: Can do this today.
Speaker 7: I have you know.
Speaker 5: So I think sometimes people think, well, what's happening when I'm doing this, or you're preparing yourself. When God opens that door, then you're going to be ready to walk through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've learned you can talk yourself into your dreams or you can talk yourself out of your dreams. I would have to go on Saturday nights when I first started, and look myself in the mirror and said, Joe, you can do this. You are strong in the Lord. You are well able, you were equipped. You've been raised up for such a time as this. If I hadn't done that, if I would have let those thoughts play that you know what, you don't have what it takes. You're not as talented, you're not, I wouldn't be standing here today. So I just encourage those of you and those of you watching, take the limits. Take the limit off of God, but take the limits off of yourself. Quit telling yourself that you're lacking or you don't have enough talent or enough experience. You may not, but God does. What He's put in you is what you need to fulfill your destiny. You are not lacking. You didn't get left out. God didn't make a mistake when he made you. You were not short changed. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: You talk a lot about knowing your value and knowing that your value doesn't come from you do or your paycheck, but just knowing that your value comes from your creator.
Speaker 4: Talk about that.
Speaker 6: It's here in chapter five, but just talk a little bit about recognizing your value and just where your value comes from, where it's based from.
Speaker 4: You know, Nick, just what you said that sometimes we're trying to get our value out of what we do, or how big my church is, or how big the you know, out of people as well. And you know, I think that's a hard way to live because you know, when you try to get your approval from people, the problem is people can change, you know. You think about Jesus. One day, wasn't Jesus coming into the town and they were all saying Hosanna. It seems like it was three days later. A week later they were saying crucifying. And if you try to get your value out of other things, even people. As much as I love Victoria, people can't fill you with everything you need. So you've got to go back to know that, you know what my approval comes from the most high God. People may not approve me, or you know, those thoughts try to push me down, but you know what, it's not. I love that even about Jesus here you know this, all these pastors, but Jesus when he was baptized in water, when John the Baptist baptized him, Jesus came up out of the water, and the voice from heaven said, this is my beloved son, whom I am well pleased. But when you think about it, at that point, Jesus hadn't done one miracle, he hadn't turned the water into wine, he hadn't opened a blind eye. His father was pleased of him because of who he was. And sometimes we think, well, God's not pleased to me, Joe, I've got an addiction, or I've wasted years of my life, or I've made these mistakes. Listen, that's what you did. That's not who you are. God is smiling down on you right now. He's made you in his image. And if you'd get those thoughts out of your mind about you know what, God's not pleased with me, And you know what I'm not. I don't I don't measure up to other people. Well, you don't have to measure up to other people. You are uniquely made in your in who God made you to be. So turn tune all that out and know again that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, that the creator of the universe breeds his life into you. He knew you before you were formed in your mother's womb. He didn't have you here in this by accident. And if you'd turn off that that old thinking and put some new thoughts that you know what, I'm approved, I'm valuable, I'm accepted. I am a masterpiece that's going to cause you to rise higher and become who God's created you to be. So Chester Charles used to leave us off. My friend, Pastor Charles Nieman. Pastor's a great church, abundant living in el Pastor, I've been there with you and we're very honored to have you here. Pastor Charles, here, go ahead, Pastor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my uh. As you were talking today, and as I was reading the book, and in particular I kind of got caught up in the fifth chapter as you were just mentioning there about value, and I couldn't help but think about speaking of your dad. An incredible series of teachings he did that really impacted my life years ago, called thinking the thoughts of God and bringing that idea I think is coming full circle in your book, this idea that you know we all.
Speaker 4: Have these thoughts.
Speaker 8: But how do people hearing what you just said, how would you say that people need to move from this life of negativity or a moment of negativity that is now taking control of their thinking. And you know, as you know Solomon said, as a man thinking in his heart, so is he. But where do they go? How do they get the thoughts of God into their mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pastor, you know, I believe they go back to this scripture. They find out what God says about them. And I think you do it one, one thought at a time. You know, some people were, as I said, they're just naturally negative. That's just the way they grew up with. But I don't think we always realize that we don't have to think whatever comes to our mind. You know, you can get up in the morning thing, oh there's gonna be a lousy day and I don't feel like going to work. You don't have to think that. That next level thinking says, No, I'm wanna tune that out. Lord, I want to think you this is a great day. I'm grateful to be alive today. It's just taking control of our mind. Even the scripture. You know, y'all teach it better than me, But just about guarding your mind and what's playing all day and again going back to what God says about you and That's that's why every service I tell the congregation, here I go, I want to go over them all. But I am blessed, I am prosperous, I am redeemed, forgiven, talented, creative discipline, focus, accepted, approved. That's what needs to be playing in our mind all through the day. And just because the thought comes doesn't mean you have to think it.
Speaker 5: You know too, it's a habit. When you start to start thinking the right thoughts, you start recognizing when the wrong thoughts come. And it's not a matter of you know, you just stop, you say, oh, that's not the thoughts I want to think. So I think the more you do it, it's like you said, just a thought at a time, you can catch when the wrong thoughts come. And that's so important.
Speaker 4: I like to think of it. I've heard the example of it's like a river bed. Maybe that river bed has been flowing one way for forty years, just negative thoughts. Well, one thought at a time. Every day you think the right thoughts, you think positive faith, field, think on things that are truth. Well, you're digging that riverbed the other way. May not turn around overnight, but I believe over time, and I've talked to people that have been negative their whole life and just doubters and just down on themselves. Insecure, you start turning it one day at a time, one thought at a time, that riverbed is going to start running the other way. And two I think, you know, God's given us all different personalities, and I've naturally been optimistic and positive. You know, other people have a friend tell me, he says, I can take a positive message and preach it a negative way. I'm just negative, you know, But I think you can naturally. You can naturally change. And I think it's you know, so much of life is is perspective. You know, it's what we're looking at today. We're looking at what's wrong or you know what I'm looking at what's right, looking at what I don't have, or looking at what I do have, And it's just back to our thinking, and you know, thinking those right thoughts.
Speaker 5: You don't even have to be a negative person per se. I'm not a negative person. I would consider myself a positive person. But I know when I think positive thoughts on purpose, it changes the atmosphere of my mind. It takes and elevates me to that next level. So it's not that you can be saying, well, I'm not necessarily negative, but are you thinking positive thoughts on purpose? And I think that's that's a great key as well.
Speaker 6: I just like how you alluded to it's a journey. It's a process that we don't have to get this thing right away, that it's one thing at a time. Maybe maybe you think better right now than you did a year ago, and it's just a journey for people. Some people expect to be so perfect in their thought life right away, right around the corner, and it's like, this is a process, this is a journey beginning habitually do it.
Speaker 4: So that's awesome, Pastor Torey Roberts One Church LA One Church is what Potter's House Denver, and awesome to have you, tore.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, and thank you for writing this book.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 9: It's next level thinking. And we all know that our insides determine our outsides, and so a lot of times the barrier, as you so eloquently wrote about in this book, the barrier is not that the opportunity isn't there, it's just their restrictions in our thinking. One chapter that really stood out to me was a chapter where you dealt with shame because a lot of times the opportunity is there and we want to think positively, but there's almost like a cap on what we believe that God can do for us because we've got shame about something that happened.
Speaker 4: How do you if there's.
Speaker 9: Someone out there that's dealing with shame, how do you attack shame? Get that cap off of your life so that you can move forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Torey again, it goes back to that thought of you know, you are not what you did, You are not what happened to you. You you were a child of the Most High God. And I think even you know, from when we were little children, sometimes you know, shame on you. You shouldn't have done a shame on you, But you just got to rise up and say, you know what, shame off me. I am a child of the Most High God. I'm going to I'm not going to live beating myself up. And you know it's funny how people beat themselves up and it wasn't their fault, you know, it's just a natural tendency. And so these are decisions we have to make. It starts in our mind and life is too short to live it. You know, full of shame and guilt, and you know whether you messed up or whether somebody didn't treat you right or whatever it is. It's a new day. God's mercies are fresh and new every morning. Why don't you, you know, shame off you and start saying, you know what I'm going to be who God's called me to be. There's no mistake you made that has to keep you from your destiny. And I really believe there's nothing somebody else has done to you that has to keep you from your purpose as well. It may not have been fair, and I'm not saying that life is always fair, but God has that way of giving you beauty for ashes take and what was meant for harm in using it to your advantage. Pastor Keith and Sheila Kraft pastor Elevate Life Church in Frisco, Texas, and been friends of ours for many years. Thanks for being here and go ahead.
Speaker 10: Keith, thank you. It's an honor. I love the title of your book because we believe in you elevate your thinking, you elevate your life. So it's masterful.
Speaker 8: Really.
Speaker 10: In the first chapter, you tell a story about your dad and that he really did you a great service by taking you to the place where he was born and to the neighborhood where he was born, to know the house that he lived in wasn't there. There was a neighbor who had lived there his whole life. Was actually sitting on the front porch when you guys drove up and your dad addressed him. And one of the things you say in your book is you say, when you break a barrier, you make it easier for those who come after you. And so talk about that because just about thinking a certain way, but it's understanding the way that you think, your next level thinking is going to determine how those that come after you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a powerful point, Keith, You're exactly right. And I want you to tell that story about your dad too, real quick in a second, because that's real powerful. I've used that. But yeah, So my father was raised in poverty. He grew up during the Great Depression and his family had lost everything and just there were great people, but they were poor. He barely had enough food and you know, clothing to go to school. But at seventeen years of age, my father gave his life to Christ and the first one in his family and he you know, he felt like God called him to preach. He hitchhiked and he started preaching. And his family thought, you know, he's crazy. Why would you leave the farm. This is all you know how to do. But my dad went on, obviously to found Lakewood and pastor great churches all over the world. But one thing that what he told me, He said, Joel, I when I gave my life to Christ at seventeen, I made a decision that my children would never be raised in the poverty that I was raised in. So my father he rose up by the decisions that he made and by the grace of God, and he broke the curse of poverty in our family. And you know, today, you know what, we're blessed because my father took a stand. So I am. I mean, I'll be the first to tell you I'm reaping seeds because my mother and my father have planted and sewed, and you know, broke that curse of poverty. But later in life, my dad, you know, he loved to reminisce his Joel Victoria drive back to Paris, Texas, where he grew up. And so we went back and we found the old farm where he lived on the house was gone, but we found the well was still there. And he used to tell me he had to walk two miles to school. And we looked in this school was like one hundred yards away, not so big in your mind, but he could not convince the guy said, no, that was the school. No, it was two miles away. But anyway, so we got there, you know, then we drove around. He went to find some friends and this guy sitting on his front porch and house had a whole, you know, roof had leaks in and it was one of even hardly a house. It was a shit. And the guy was out there without his shirt on, just kind of killing time. And I said, you wasn't a good person. But my dad walked up and said, you know whatever his name was, and he said, hey, this is John Ostein. Hadn't spoken to him in like sixty years. And you know, my dad got to talk and what did you do? Sh worked at the boat shop a little way, and I did this for a little while, you know, and got laid off back then. My back's been hurting, but I just thought, man, what a difference when somebody raises up and sets a new standard. It didn't you know what, nothing against the gentleman there. You know, he didn't do it, But I thought, look at the two My dad had touched people all over the world, had a you know, a family that was doing great things. So it's so important that man. You can become a burier breaker, you can rise out of any dysfunction or just out of the I believe God wants every generation to increase. That's why when my dad went to be with Lord, people used to ask me, do you think you can continue on what your father started? And here I didn't have any experience, but something down in here. I would tell them, not arrogantly at all, I'd say, you know what, I think I can not only carry it on, but I think we can go further because it's the way God designed it. He didn't want us to go backwards. He wants every generation to increase. We want our children to go further as well. So why don't you go break some barriers for your family. You know, nobody broke the four minute mile for you know, forever in history. Then the guy broke it, and then after that, within like six months, forty three other people broke it. And it's like the burial was in our mind that we can't break a four minute mile. I can't be successful, I can't break this addiction. You know what, you have the power of the most time God on the inside of you. You'd be amazed at what you can do. Keith, tell us that story. It's really powerful.
Speaker 10: My dad. I was about eleven years old, and my dad said, hey, come get in the car, and I had no idea where we were going. Three hours later, we were in front of a house that was very similar to what you described shack. No wind is on the on the on the you know, no glass on the wind is the door is broken down going in the house, and we walk in the house and this floor was dirt. There was a one piece of furniture, and there was an old man sitting over in the corner. And we walked over there and I was holding my dad's hand, and he said, hey, Dad, I never I'd never met my grandfather. And my dad had a bag of money for him and some candy and my grandfather, which I didn't even know that's who it was, but didn't really if you acknowledged me, didn't say hello, but my dad just talked to him for a minute. I kind of walked away, and we were there for about ten minutes and we walked out of the house and I remember looking up at my dad and I said, Dad, I never want to go back there, and he said, that's why I brought you here, because this is where we're from. But this is not who we are. And it's so impacted my life that I said, you know what, I can be somebody. I can be somebody, And not that that my grandfather that I never saw again, never met again, never talked to him, Not that he wasn't a good man, that's not the The point is is that where wherever you come from, that doesn't have to be who you are.
Speaker 4: You can break a barrier.
Speaker 11: Yes, So right, wow, Tester Chad You up next, Sir Pester chad Row from Destiny World, Outreaching Colleen, Texas ministers to a lot of the soldiers and people that have away at the military.
Speaker 12: Largest armored base in the free world there in Colleen. So almost all the soldiers of military are come from there. And so we've taken an honor, you know, pastor Joe in your book next level thinking, it's just so amazing. And I noticed in the chapter two about being fully loaded, and how what I took out of that is about running your race and staying in your lane and not trying to run other people's races, because it's easy, I know in my life, to get caught up and seeing what everybody else is doing, how great everybody else is, and you might try to get in that race and run their race and their lane instead of being fully loaded and annoying it. As you've said, for the race that God has put in you. I grew up to honor vessels men of God. But one thing I noticed in reading your book, it's not so much the vessel but the anointing on the vessel. And that's what I loved about that is how how does somebody recognize that and stay focused on their race and in their lane when there's so much other things going on around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's such an important point, Chad, it really is. Let me get to that question a minute, but it reminds me that I think I used the analogy in the Book of you know when King Saul killed thousands and then they started, well, yeah, the people started singing after this great victory. King Saul has killed thousands, and David had killed tens of thousands. I can only imagine when King King Saul has killed thousands, they're singing about me. Man, that's great. Everything was fine, I can imagine until he heard what they say David's killed tens of thousands. His whole attitude changed. He wasn't content with being one thousand person versus ten thousand, you know, defeated person. So you know, sometimes you have to accept, Hey, God, this is who you made me to be. I may not have killed ten thousand, but I've killed a thousand. I'm gonna be happy with with what you've given me to do with the gifts you've given me. And I really believe Saul missed his destiny because he was jealous of somebody else if he could have just celebrated them. And I think it is. And when you're talking about being fully loaded and totally equipped, hey, you may not be I may not be Tdjake, so I may not be somebody else, But you know what, You've got to be the best that you can be and celebrate somebody else. That's what I love about it. I've got a great team around me. I've got brothers and sisters and brothers in laws. You know what I'm the younger brother, the younger than some of them, but they all celebrate me. But when you recognize who you are and you're content and who God made you to be, I think it's so important. You know, Chad, it's the distractions. It's looking at that and you know somebody else, Well, God, why didn't you give me that? Or God, why am my church bigger? Well? God, why can't I? You know what, you got to tune all that up out and be content and be happy with who God made you to be. The fact is somebody would love to have what you have. Somebody would gladly trade places with you. And it's easy to be happy until you start comparing and competing with other people. I remember one time I was running through my neighborhood and I have this path I run. It's two mile path, and when there's this long boulevard, probably a mile, and I saw a guy about all two blocks in front of me, you know, a few hundred yards, and I just I just you know, I'm just feeling competitive. I want to raise somebody. I thought I'm gonna race him. And so he's running up there, and man, he's going pretty good, but I'm gaining on him and gaining on him, panting I'm just trying to beat him, and I finally just kept going and going and going. I finally beat him. Now he didn't know we're racing, but I beat him. But you know, the funny thing is when I finally beat him, I looked up and I thought, oh man, I'm this my turn. It was way back there. I was supposed to turn it three blocks before, but I was so focused and I'm gonna beat this guy that doesn't even know I'm racing him, but you know, you know, and I just turn. But I think that's what we do in life. A lot of times. I'm not racing after any of y'all. I'm not racing after anybody else. I'm racing against myself to be the best that God's called me to be. So I love that scripture. Don't look to the left nor to the right. Be who God's called you to be. Celebrate somebody that's ahead of you. God blessing them doesn't stop God from blessing you. Like God ran out of favor because he gave them so much, God has favor, and really, unlike Saul and David, God can do for you what he did for the others, God can take you further. We talked about earlier. I think off camera that did a lot of those times. It's just a test. I wonder if Saul would have celebrated King David. I don't know, but I just encourage you to be content with what God's given you. You're not lacking, but God's given us all different gifts and you have to be we have to be wise enough and contend enough to accept it. How you Joe Evan Connor, pastor of Tell Then of your church.
Speaker 13: We're a truth family church. We're in Arlington, Texas.
Speaker 4: And you got your new building opening up this in six weeks. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: We're excited about it.
Speaker 4: We are so happy for you. These guys, Evan and Sarah are great pastors there and just faithful people. And I love what God's doing. And you know, thirteen years being in a mobile church, setting up, tearing down a lot of people would have gotten discouraged. But man, I admire you guys.
Speaker 13: Almost seven hundred times we've had to do that. Wow, but God's been faithful.
Speaker 4: Well, we're blessed to have you here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm excited about your new book. I'm just excited that you let me read the pre released version. It's so good, I'm going to buy the real one when it comes out.
Speaker 4: I was reading.
Speaker 13: Chapter eight and Approve Yourself, and you said something I thought was powerful. You said, the problem with not liking yourself is that you're the only person who can you can never get away from.
Speaker 6: And I thought, wow.
Speaker 13: I think that's one of the biggest things that hold people back, is that we.
Speaker 4: Don't like ourselves.
Speaker 13: And I think it's because we think God doesn't like us. And in your book, you really help us understand. One of the things you say in the book is God said about Jesus, this is my beloved son and whom I'm well pleased. And Jesus hadn't done one miracle.
Speaker 4: And I think if we.
Speaker 13: See through God's lenses like he sees us, then we will accept ourselves.
Speaker 4: He's not looking for perfection.
Speaker 13: Jesus already done that. He's looking you know, maturity is the life that we are to live and not perfection. And maturity is a destination.
Speaker 4: It's not a journey.
Speaker 13: It's a journey, not of destination.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited.
Speaker 13: About your new book, and I do believe it's going to bless a whole lot of people. My question would be, how important do you feel it's necessary for someone to approve of themselves?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think Evan, it's incredibly important, because you can't if you go through life you got enough people, and we have enough people in life against us. You can't go through life being against yourself. I mean, I think the reason we don't have healthy relationships and a lot of times and not because somebody else, is because we don't get along with our selves, so we can't get along with somebody else. So again it goes back to what we've been talking about turning off the negative recording. Hey, you have some flaws and weakness, say so do I soor to Victorian more than me? So you all got we all have put we all have plenty of these. Why don't you turn off that recording and put beating yourself up? My goodness, life is too short to live beating yourself down and just being against yourself and thinking how everybody else is greater. But I just think you know everything you said, Evan is so important that you know when you're against yourself, you're not going to reach your full potential. Well, I'll explain it better in the book. But you know, I think the key is turning off. Get the right recording in your mind. Our thoughts are limiting us. It's not the enemy, it's not others. It's people like you.
Speaker 5: I like that you look at people like they all like you.
Speaker 4: You see people the way you see yourself. So you see your self defeated, you see yourself insecure, you see yourself unattractive. Then you're putting that out everywhere you go, even bodyline, you know, and this I don't measure up and stuff. You got to see yourself differently. And the story of the Ten Spies. They came back and they said we were in our own sits as grasshoppers as we were in their sights. They didn't say those guys over there in the Promised Land they called us grasshoppers. They said we felt like we were grasshoppers. And I think there's a lot of people living with that grasshopper mentality. When you're a child of the most taied God, when he's breathed life into you, when he's crowned you with favor, when you have seeds of greatness, imagine God, or imagine you know, an analogy of imagine your child coming up and oh Dad, please can I have something to eat? Please? Can I do this? I'm not worthy man. We would think, who are you? You know? Stand up tall, You're my son. And that's what God said to all of us, Stand up tall. I made you, I created you. Yeah, we've all made mistakes, we all have weaknesses, but I can't find hardly, hardly anybody in the Bible God's used that didn't have flaws and weaknesses, you know, that didn't make some mistakes, but that didn't disqualify them. God used them in spite of that. But you have to turn off that recording. If I'm not good enough and the insecurity and God could never use me, you turn that off. And that's what allows God to do great things. It's not that God's holding us back. So many times, were holding us back with the wrong thinking. Pastor rich Wilkerson from Trinity Trinity Fellowship in what city, CA? You? Miami? Yeah, I been friends of mine for friends of ours for so many years. Rich and Robert, your son Richie pastors in.
Speaker 7: About ten miles from us.
Speaker 4: Ten miles from you have another son pastors in New York.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hard with him the other day and I got another one pastoring in the Seattle area.
Speaker 4: Well, so we're real blessed. Well thanks for being here.
Speaker 7: I was really impressed with the chapter on Live as a bold Son. I just thought about your family because it was in nineteen eighty five and I was just about bleeding to death in the hospital and your dad, I don't even know how you got my number in a hospital, and brother John called and said, brother Rich, this is brother O's thing, and he said, Dode, he's got something to tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm like bleeding, you know.
Speaker 7: And your mom got on the phone said Rich, get out of that hospital.
Speaker 4: Now, that place may kill you. Get out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna pray for you right now. She started praying, quoting verses over me. And I really I checked out that day. I literally checked out that day, and God heal me of a blood disease. And I think about that legacy that's on you. And I was just in Brooklyn and saw Jonathan and Alexandria on the stage and Jonathan got up and just started kind of preaching and everyone's just gonna go WHOA. And it just seems like it was a generational thing. And I want you to talk to that. But the chapter that got me was move up to next level thinking. The book is called next Level Thinking.
Speaker 4: But the chapter that I like, do it? Yeah, now do it?
Speaker 7: I mean, and I think that is where so many of us kind of have a roadblock. Yeah we want to have next level thinking?
Speaker 4: But how do you do that?
Speaker 7: And and in that chapter you just talk about, Hey, let's let's make the let's make a decision. Let's still talk about that, Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Rich just what you said, It's just a decision we have to make. It's not maybe not going to fall on us, not going to you know, something supernaturally happened, but just by the act of your will to say, you know what I am going to you know, talk a lot about in that chapter about it is finished. This, this function is finished. This, this mediocrity is finished. This bad attitude is finished. This living negative and not enjoying my life, it is finished. Well, you've got to just like Jesus said on the cross when he said it is finished, he wasn't just talking about his life. He was talking about all the shame, the guilt, all the stuff that's trying to hold us back. Doesn't do us any good though, unless we get an agreement with God and say, Okay, tonight is going to be a new night of victory in my life. You just draw that line in the sand and you decide to make you start making better decision. But when I've learned this, when you do your part, God will do his part. He will kick in. But sometimes we're waiting with Joe when I feel better, or when I get a break, or when my husband starts treating me better. But you know what, you got to say, No, I'm gonna make the first move right now. I'm going to you know, change the way I'm thinking. I'm gonna look at things from a new perspective. I'm gonna thank God for what's right and not what's wrong. And really rich is a lot like my father when he gave his life to Christ. You know, I don't know what came over him, and maybe just the decision he made, but he said, you know what poverty has finished in my life. Seventeen years old, in the Great Depression, no money, no education, his parents telling him, don't leave the farm. But you know what, he made that decision. I know God gave him the grace to do it, but he had to step into it and Again, it's not like he had a big Oh I got a scholarship now to go to school or something. He hitchies and started preaching in prison and on the street corners and things like that. But again, when you make that decision, it's amazing what God will do. And I like that. I think that's part of that. I talked about that son or a slave, and it reminded me because because so many times, you know how the Israelites, God brought them out of slavery, but as they went toward the Promised Land, they never got rid of a slave mentality. God had called them a son. But it's like the enemy kept calling you a slave. And so it's like, you know, God is calling you a son, the enemy is calling you a slave. Who you're going to say you are a son or a slave? Well, we are sons, we are daughters of the Most High God. But as long as you have a slave mentality, a defeated mentality, look what I've been through, Joel, or look look at these giants on my promised land. Listen, God has brought you through in the past, He's going to bring you through in the future. Don't have a slave mentality. Have a son mentality. Stephen Hayes, pastor of Covenant Church, with his mom and dad said next to them, great people. And Mike and Kathy Hayes have passed there how many years forty years they transitioned to Steve and he has not run it down yet, but he's doing great. But these guys have pastors. Mike and Kathy are just great friends and great leaders and just been friends of ours and Steve. I love. We were talking even last night about how the church you've transitioned the last couple of years. The church is strong, and I love to see healthy transitions. That's what happened at Lakewood, and I believe that's what's going to continue to happen with our church and other churches. But thanks for being here, y'all. Great blessing to us.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, And just as you wrapped up your last point, Pastor Joel, while it's so clear from what Pasor Keith said and others on breaking barriers and blazing new trail, what he's done now for his children, what you're doing for yours and in your church. I told you last night that just what you've done as a son, succeeding your father and doing an amazing job. Taking it further has helped to blaze a trail for me as well as a son coming in and thank you for that. But as much as all that's so important, in the next level thinking the chapter chapter six, it stood out to me that you just alluded to not thinking like a slave but thinking like a son. It comes back, I think so much to being able to really connect to what's possible is knowing who you are. You know, you can have good strategies about loving yourself, that's all so important, But if you don't know that you are a son and a daughter of God, and your approval is not based on your performance, it's based on His greatness, his goodness, and until you can really connect to that, I don't know that any of the other stuff's even possible. I don't know that I can really fully even love myself if I don't know that He loves me. And so that old chapter really got me, and specifically the story you told about the maintenance guy coming to your house to fix an air conditioner, and he said, you know, maintenance guy shows up, He's not going to go to the fridge, He's not going to go sit down and watch TV. Because it's not his home, right, He's going to go and do the job I hired him to do. But when Jonathan comes home from college, he's not going to ask permission to go to the fridge. He's not going to ask permission to watch TV. Because he's a son. He knows who he is. And I was talking to Pastor Phil before this, and he reminded me of a story I shared with him back in high school. My parents told me, Steven, your job is to be a good student and be an athlete and be faithful at church. And and so they helped me get my first car. But I worked to raise some money and they made me put my you know, put my money forward for it and raise money. Well, then when I got the car, I was the only one of my friends that had a car. So I became the car pool guy, right. I took everybody to practice. And so then my dad got me. He made the mistake of giving me a Chevron gas card, and then all of a sudden, any of my friends that needed some snacks were buying Gatorade after practice. I the first month, the first month, it was like one thousand dollars I spent at Chevron I got creative. You could you could feed a few guys at Chevron, you know. And they sat me down, said Steve, when we understand what you're doing. But listen, you can't just feed everybody at the gas station. But I recognized I ordered it, but my dad's covering the bill, Like I know who my dad is, and he's paying the bill. And it taught me a lesson later in life that not everyone that was raised with great parents, but I was, and I had a father and mother that were providing for me. And because of that relationship, I was able to walk into boldness and a faith that otherwise I've seen people not be able to do. And your analogy with the Israelites having been rescued through miracles of the plagues and then even the cloud by day, fire by night, incredible red sea parted, but then they forgot who they were. And I've heard it said before that Jesus or that God took them out of Egypt, but it took forty years to take the Egypt out of them. I feel like a lot of people I experienced at a church where or people will leave a place because they think the place was the problem, but they wherever you go there, you are. I think that mentality is a big limiting factor. How do you help encourage people even when they come and they're excited to be here, but you recognize they still got some Egypt on them. How do you get them really to get over the fact that you know, you left and that may have been good, but you still brought some of that with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think what you're saying is true. It's just a day at a time. Keep teaching them, keep encouraging them. And you know you said it so beautifully. But knowing that we are I like going back to that bay, knowing that we are children of the Most High God, that we are approved, that we are accepted, knowing that we are loved, knowing that we are masterpieces. That's that foundation for the next level thinking. So Stephen, thanks for sharing that. Thanks for all of our great pastors here and Victoria, Nick, and thank you guys for watching. Nick. Can I see a copy of my book one more time? I know it's out in a hard copy now, but next level thinking if you'll want to pick up a copy, But we loved you. Thanks being a part of our webcast, and we're going to be praying that you know, God's going to take you to new levels. As you think better, you're going to live better. You're going to see God's goodness in new ways. You're not watching this by accident. God had you hearing this. So why don't you take some principles, take these principles to heart, and let it be a new beginning, and just kind of reevaluate and say, God, I'm taking the limits off of you tonight. I know you've made me, you breathe life into me, and just kind of like that computer. You've got to get all the viruses out of your brain and all the wrong things people have said. You're not who people said you are. You are who God says you are. He says you're blessed, you're prosperous, your redeemed, You're forgiven. You're a child of the Most Time. God, Thanks so much. We'll see you next time. One touch of God's favor can catapult you to the next level.
Speaker 2: Number one New York Times bestselling author Joe Loastein delivers his new book Next Level.
Speaker 4: Thinking you're about to take off to a new level and start rising high. You'll see God promote you and take you to a new level of your destiny. I'll show you how to recognize any barrier that's holding your back, so you can rise higher and become all you were created to be.
Speaker 2: Next Level Thinking now available.
Speaker 3: Pick up your copy at Joeloustein dot com.
Speaker 15: Nice funs, soft, fluffy and ultralow net carbs Discover Hero Bread the delicious ultralow net carbread with incredible taste and texture. Hero Bread has zero grams of sugar and is under one hundred calories per serving, plus high end fiber and up to tens of protein per serving. Available on Amazon dot com, Walmart dot com.
Speaker 4: And Hero dot co.
Speaker 15: That's Hero dot Co. Order from Hero dot Co now and get ten percent off your purchase with promo code IHM ten.
Speaker 2: Enhance your child's reading journey with the Good and the Beautiful's Reading Booster program. Choose from three all in one kids for kindergarten, first or second grade at reading booster dot com. Each kit includes reading cards, books and games designed to create fun ways to learn phonics, site words, and vowel sounds. There's even a free, ad free app with additional games and KidSafe content. Bring home a love of learning with the Good and the Beautiful visit reading booster dot com.
Speaker 1: Today, more than ever before, people are turning to the church for their mental health struggles. Unfortunately, the church has largely been ill equipped to help.
Speaker 10: That is until now join yourly fifty thousand people just like you who've enrolled in the Mental Health Coach training program and becoming equipped to health for a limited time.
Speaker 1: Apply for a full tuition scholarship and only pay a one time tech fee of fifty four dollars if accepted.
Speaker 4: Apply now at mentalhealth coach dot org. Again, that's mentalhealthcoach dot org.