Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama Girl, drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 2: And our comic girl shared for the right teams, Drama Queens, My off.
Speaker 4: Girl Fashion, which your tough girl, you could.
Speaker 5: Sit with us Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back to a fun surprise Q and A with you guessed so joy and myself.
Speaker 3: Hello, ey wow, we have some fun questions here today. Thank you guys for being so proactive and writing in. I love these.
Speaker 6: Indeed, who wants to kick us off?
Speaker 3: I'll go Becky wants to know who is your favorite guest star? And why? Oh that's so hard nine years Okay, let's let's really limit this. It has to be a guest star. It can't be recurring like true guest star.
Speaker 4: Oof.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm going Jerald McCraney.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that feels nice.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so great.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I can't remember if Daphney started as a guest star or recurring, but in my brain I'm like, well, obviously we got Daphne and then we kept her forever, and for me, she was my favorite surprise five years in. But I don't actually know what she was hired for first.
Speaker 3: Or Juliet's Sharon Lawrence coming in as Julian's mom. Was she more than one episode?
Speaker 6: She sure was, But I again, it's that that classification is so hard, but god, Sharon was great.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Amanda Schule because she for sure started as a guest star. I love that, and then obviously became O recurring but proper, tried and true guest star. Only Jerry Rice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 1: It because it was Jerry Rice, and he also was really good at acting and so his stuff is all funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. That's good.
Speaker 6: You win the gold for that.
Speaker 4: That's so good.
Speaker 1: By the way, when when you guys write in fans, I love that. We have a lot of normal names, but maybe we spice it up and just like put your nickname. Oh you know those next questions from Nick, But like, Nick, wouldn't it be cool if you just gave us like your high school nickname. It was like instead of saying this next questions from Nick, it was like from Buzza. So I'm just saying, if you guys want to spice it up, spice it we could do.
Speaker 3: A little sleepless in Seattle too. You could be like, you know, nice in Nebraska. That's a bad one, but somebody else is funnier than me.
Speaker 6: I'm sure I really like that idea. And then you definitely know it's your question. Seasably, two people named Nick or Lisa could ask similar questions. So if it's your nickname, you really know that we're that we're reading you.
Speaker 1: Not to mention when you just put Nick, there could be fifty other Nicks whose girlfriend listens to the podcast and he goes, hey, guess what that was my question? Actually it's like, no, it wasn't Nick, but you can't prove it because there's no last name. So this next question is from buzzsaw a, Nick, what's the story from set that you'll tell your grandkids?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh my gosh, ten years of stories.
Speaker 6: The first thing that came to my mind was a hurricane party, but that was after work.
Speaker 4: Does that count? That doesn't count?
Speaker 1: It might have to from set from so specific.
Speaker 4: Okay, buzz.
Speaker 6: Okay, I had to I had to think about it. In terms of if a kid asked me, what was one of the coolest things you ever got to do on One Tree Hill, then I had an immediate first thought, which was when we got to throw the real USO concert in the base in Jacksonville, and just how cool it was to be filming something, but also to do it for real, to bring all those bands in, to do it for all the families on the base. That was that felt like such a privilege.
Speaker 3: That's a great answer.
Speaker 6: Well, I've taken it now, Joyce, So another.
Speaker 3: One, I know, Okay, Well I'll stick with the live performance thing though, getting to play Haley at her height, doing that We Belong, you know, singing Pat Benatar and doing that giant concert tour and all the I mean, I guess actually it's this is kind of a double answer because it was on set and off set, but it was for the show, and we went on tour, and I actually went on tour with Michelle Branch and Gavin de garrawe and Tyler Hilton, and we did this like thirty five city tour that they filmed some of. Yeah, that what a once in a lifetime experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then to come home and sing Pat Benatar with Pyro.
Speaker 4: Come come on, tell your friend kids about that.
Speaker 1: So good I'm going to say it was when we all went was it Colorado no Utah? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and we got to.
Speaker 1: Go all yes, park City and we all got to do that scene or we were all sledding down the hill or inner tubing down the hill. Yes, And it was just and it started it was snowing on us in real life while it was happening. It was just so picture perfect and fun. That's like all the reactions you see in that scene are us just genuinely having fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the best I had to do a scene. But an owl. Yeah, you were like, put your arm out and this owl's going to land on you. And I remember the owl looking at me and I was like, you are about to peck my face out. Oh my god, I'm about to lose my career right now, it's going to happen.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to be like the owl looked at me and I could see you are so wise, and you're like, no, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to die.
Speaker 7: I'm about to die.
Speaker 6: Okay, Lisa, who also clearly needs a nickname.
Speaker 4: Rob You've got any ideas, Oh, No, okay.
Speaker 6: Lisa wants to know what is a hobby you decided to try that surprised you with how much you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I take back Lisa's nickname the closer.
Speaker 4: Hey, okay, I like that poker.
Speaker 3: Is that a hobby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so long as you're not, you know, betting the mortgage on it, sure, it's still a hobby.
Speaker 3: No, just like a little dinner table I taught Maria, you know, we have a little fun around the dinner table playing poker sometimes.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Dungeons and Dragons, although I wasn't. I mean, listen, I knew I was gonna like it, but I was. I really loved it, Like there was a lot of nuance to it that I just was. I just love fun midtime. That's so cool. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've still never played D and D and I would like to sometime.
Speaker 3: Is this a computer version or a board game version?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, Like we found a friend to be a dungeon master and Jenny would cook up feasts. We'd put on the Lord of the Rings soundtrack on in the background. Yes, and it was like me, Jenny and one of my best friends and the Dungeon Master like put us through a proper campaign and it was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Whoa you entered into the domain?
Speaker 1: Yep, I mean your We're all storytellers, so it's our forte. It's basically it's just like theater. You know, you're just to create a character and then be that character, and it's just it's great.
Speaker 4: Wow, you need to meet sometime.
Speaker 6: Have you ever overlapped with Deborah and Wall from Truebau.
Speaker 1: She's so no, but I know who she is because I know she plays D and D. A.
Speaker 6: Yes, So Deborah and I made this really fun movie together during COVID ironically called Deborah. She's brilliant and like, genuinely one of the coolest people I've ever worked with, and she is like cream of the crop.
Speaker 4: Dungeon Master.
Speaker 6: People like die to play D and D with her, and she was like, I'll teach you and so we should do that.
Speaker 1: I would love that. I recently saw a clip of her, who plays the deceased brother on the Bear Super Pop.
Speaker 3: Yeah. John Barenthal, John Barenthal, I saw a clip on the podcast asked yes, asking him like, have you ever done D and Dan?
Speaker 1: He's like no, no, no, She's like, we're gonna do it right now, Yes, and she creates a scenario for him. And that was where I was like, oh my gosh. Not only does she play, she's like very very good at this.
Speaker 4: She's like an expert.
Speaker 3: I'm looking this up right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's be friends.
Speaker 6: It's really good. A hobby that I tried that surprised me how much I enjoyed it. Well, Joey, you know this, I sort of is my methodology to unwind slashed Eastress. After a long day, I for fun started to build like fictional houses on Pinterest and really found that I enjoy it so much so now I help people make like design decisions like Joy's checkerboard floor. We picked the direction. Thank you, Yes, in the office you're currently sitting in. I love helping people figure out their living spaces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a really good brain and an eye for that. It is I do not understand. It takes me forever. I love that you can see it. You can see patterns together, you can see the right colors, even though most people would probably look at it and be like, oh, those go together, And then you put them together in a room and they do, and.
Speaker 6: It's weird because it doesn't translate into other arenas that you think it would. But for some reason, it's like houses in my brain turn into trigonometry and I'm good at it.
Speaker 4: And I just really like it a lot.
Speaker 1: So great.
Speaker 3: Okay, Emily's asking what our favorite time of year to visit Wilmington is and why. Oh gosh, end of September so pretty, and we often have conventions then, so we get to do that.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, my favorite time is convention time because I get to see all of you guys and then meet fans.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's in my head because that one that we just did, wasn't it. It was like in the twenty the twenty first or twenty second or something of September, and it's that perfect time where it's still warm out but the humidity from summer has decreased. It's like it's warm but not hot, but you can still walk around in a T shirt and shorts at night if you want to, and you can.
Speaker 4: Feel that fall is coming.
Speaker 6: Oh it's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I love that in New York. But for Wilmington, I like when spring is turning into summer. I think because when I first landed in Wilmington. It was so hot, and that was just my It was like the welcome, welcome back to the East Coast because I had been living in la and it was just welcome to that hot, wet summer feeling that I had known in I mean, my childhood in Texas, which is definitely not East Coast, but it was hot but I miss But then in like my teen years that adolescent like time on a lake and it's hot and humid and you're by the coast, and I just loved it. So when I arrived in Wilmington feeling all that, that's it's in my bones about that city. And I'd still love going back and getting off a plane and feeling like I'm in Asana.
Speaker 7: I feel.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: It is weirdly nostalgic. You're like, God, I'm so hot. Yeah, I'm happy about it.
Speaker 3: And early gardens is so beautiful in the spring too, Like all the flowers are just up everywhere all over that city. Yeah, that's fun for me.
Speaker 1: I like that. Alley writes, if you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Is it really cheesy to say?
Speaker 4: I want to be right where?
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 3: I was going to say the same thing. You and I both have been moving around so much that to finally land at home, I'm like, I don't really want to go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to do oh that. I was going to say home, I'm in a hotel room right now, but I'm going home tomorrow. And I was going to say, yeah, I've been away for three and a half weeks. I'd like to be home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's such a sweet stage of life because I think back when we were in our you know, early twenties, we were like, okay, well, if we're going to be off on Saturday morning by four am, I could just go straight to the airport and get on a five thirty flight.
Speaker 4: And then fly.
Speaker 6: And now I'm like, absolutely, there's no I want to go home. I want to go home and get in bed. I'd like to be in bed by nine thirty.
Speaker 3: You know, I will say, if I had to come up with a runner up those Belmonte trains through Europe, yes, Orient.
Speaker 4: Express, it's my absolute dream.
Speaker 3: Yeh, yes, that that is absolutely where I would love to be if I if I didn't have a million things to claim and organize and really just enjoy soaking up being home. You can just put me on one of those Belmont trains any.
Speaker 6: Time, Okay, I will start forwarding you the videos because when I'm too tired to build a house, I don't own on pinterest Ednie, I go on Belmont's Instagram and I just watch all the train videos for like fifteen minutes, and then I go to bed less. Yeah, and I keep hoping that doing that will make me dream about trains, but normally high dream books nonsensical things.
Speaker 3: But that's gotta be the best way to fall asleep, my Belmont train, don't you think.
Speaker 6: Just being chently rocked like a baby, like a fancy baby.
Speaker 3: A bucket list item for me for sure, Like one of those nine ten day Belmont train Just yeah, rock me, mama, like a wagon. That's a bit sorry.
Speaker 1: Does anyone else have this? Like it's so there's something so comforting to my brain about knowing I have this little fixed space, this little room that is my own world, like with a view of the outside. There's something like the idea of being on that train and just watching the world go by, and like this is my safe space. This is my bubble that my brain is like, that's so romantic. I want to do that.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's because we grew up watching the Polar Express Is it like deep childhood nostalgia?
Speaker 4: It might see it.
Speaker 3: I grew up on Agatha Christie. That's why I love those trains.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because there's a mystery foot that's right. But here's the thing, if there was, Okay, this actually might be a movie we should make because think about it, if all of us, for someone's let's say, I don't know, fiftieth birthday or something, decided to take a train trip and then there was a murder on the train, you know we would manage to solve.
Speaker 3: It one hundred thousand percent, don't. I have no doubt in my mind that our collective brains could solve a murder?
Speaker 4: I agree?
Speaker 3: Is that just hubris?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Am I crazy? Or I've watched so many and read so many murder mysteries. I feel like, Noah, I got this.
Speaker 1: Only one way to find out? We have to do an escape room together.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, next podcast tour. Okay, Actually, friends, if you could tell us if you have a particularly great escape room in your hometown, can you send those tasks, because then we can plan where we're going next.
Speaker 1: Guys, hear me out. What if we did a show that just followed us doing escape.
Speaker 4: Rooms the reality show?
Speaker 1: It would be hilarious. It usually takes about an hour to solve when anyways, we'll for sure have for.
Speaker 3: Just Mike us put up some cameras in the room.
Speaker 1: Guys, did we just become the mystery solvers? P?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's happening.
Speaker 6: Like the way I miss MythBusters.
Speaker 3: Right, so we have guests every episode, we could bring in the MythBuster Guys, we could bring in like a Brene Brown. She know she's got her own unique set of like problem solving skills.
Speaker 6: This question feels like it was made for you, guys, Hannah, if oth ran a summer camp, please please?
Speaker 3: Can we who would be in charge of which activity? That's a great idea for the next convention. If those if w Yes is just doing like a Sun Camp version and we are all camp counselors, it's.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing.
Speaker 3: Sophia, Yeah, you're the ultimate camp counselor what what activity are you in charge of?
Speaker 6: I don't know, I kind of feel like i'd be I'd be like.
Speaker 3: Running manager, yes, camp manager, and then.
Speaker 6: And then everyone gets to do like their highlight, like joy. I feel like end of camp. Let's say, you know, two weeks to boy camp, like the end of camp jamboree that happens at night that goes into like the campfire and everyone performs and does songs.
Speaker 3: You're the leader, yes, I'm you're the doing. Yes, I'm the talent show talent show director.
Speaker 4: That's rob.
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 4: What are you teaching?
Speaker 6: Are you doing like an activity? Are you leading a sport?
Speaker 1: I could do a sport, but I feel like Antoine and James are probably better suited to just do like a really cool basketball camp.
Speaker 4: Or do they run like capture the Flag could be.
Speaker 1: I think I'd be better suited doing like D and.
Speaker 4: D and snacks.
Speaker 3: You could teach jim prov.
Speaker 1: I could teach jimprov. I'm just saying, like, give me all the indoor kids, and I will set up a massive game of D and D complete with theme snacks.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know what I would also do. I'm realizing because yes, I would be a good director of said camp. But everyone has to contribute. Would I would be the one like leading the trail rides. That'd be my thing. Yeah, all the kids on horses. Yeah, and I would do the daily trail ride.
Speaker 1: I could also see you planning a really good murder mystery type event, because you're very detail oriented and you're a storyteller. I could see you orchestrating that very well.
Speaker 6: That's a really kind way to say. You're very long winded, and I cherish our friendship.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, you read between the lines incorrectly. Friend You are perfectly winded.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, bless you.
Speaker 6: Every once in a while, I'll be like, and then this thing happened, and then and I look at people, I'm like, I'm still talking.
Speaker 4: I'm almost there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I like that we keep coming back to this murder mystery theme.
Speaker 4: I really. I know they've made a movie of Clue, but don't you.
Speaker 6: Think maybe it's time that we do another one that feels like an evergreen film, Like every ten years there should be another Clue, because every time you play a board game, it's different. So maybe we need to do like a one Tree Hill meets Clue overlappy thing.
Speaker 3: I think that's great. I mean that's the time for it. You know those the murder mystery one with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler was so fun and love to onion and they're so good. It's definitely a genre that's coming back, the campy murder mystery.
Speaker 1: And we get Tim Curry to come back and play the Butler again. God, as many of those people as we can get, absolutely, because that whole cast was so good.
Speaker 6: Yes, so maybe maybe summer camp is like dress rehearsal for our film.
Speaker 1: Okay, did we just come up with our own sun Dance film Labs?
Speaker 4: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: Oh God, this podcast finally ends and there's seventy eight new projects in its way.
Speaker 4: I honestly can't wait. It's a dream.
Speaker 3: Okay. I want to bounce to this one because I think it's good. Ray is asking, Rob, are there any current athletes that you think Clay would try and recruit for Fortitude? You who are you paying attention to right now? In sports?
Speaker 1: Oh? My goodness. The problem is I don't follow any college sports, so let me just pretend that they're all brand new. There's this up and coming high school player named Lebron James that not a lot of people are paying attention to. But I really think could be something great.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone. I don't know anyone new.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't either. So if you plant pantent, you've you've you've got tapped in on sports? Who are you? Who's exciting to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But the thing is is, I'm like, I don't know everyone I follow in the league.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, okay, who.
Speaker 3: Is Brook pitching to Clay right now?
Speaker 6: Flage Johnson from LSU. She's an unbelievable basketball player and an incredible musician who just casually dropped a song with a Lil Wayne and she's in college. And I'm like, okay, okay, honey, yes, Plage, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: I meant, gone are the days when people are like, pick a lane so stupid.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad pick alane is a stupid thing to say to.
Speaker 1: Someone just driving all the say to someone. Yeah, And it's a great way of calling yourself out for being simple. It's a great way of saying, like I can only do one thing, so I'm limiting everyone else to that same standard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know what it gives me. It gives me like.
Speaker 6: Childish envy energy, like, who do you think you are that you can have two jobs? And you're like, well, if you want to have a side hustle, why don't you just go have one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Patrick, what's Patrick's nickname? Gang?
Speaker 3: I'm not witty like that. I have to take time for my comedy. It doesn't happen like yours.
Speaker 1: Patrick aka the comeback Kid. Right. What is something that's important for you to do for your own self care?
Speaker 3: HM?
Speaker 1: Love that question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Patrick.
Speaker 1: My most recent self care was I had one day off in shooting and I booked a massage and a facial yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, and a facial yes. Taking care of your skin that is really important.
Speaker 1: Although you know something no one talks about that caught me way off guard. Extractions are one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. And she didn't even give me a warning. She just went in for it. And I was like, oh, I'm sorry, did you just stab me in the face? He was like, Oh, I'm just doing extractions something. It's excruciating.
Speaker 3: I just put a membership to hot hot works where you go in and it's like there's ten private saunas that have screens in them. And you go do private workouts in the sauna.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's at like one hundred and eighty And.
Speaker 4: That sounds like my worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: I was going in the opposite like that sounds incredible. No.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be the worst because I've done hot pilates before and I hated it. But there's something about being alone in the room, or you can fit. You can fit to other people in the room. I would say maybe one other person comfortably. But I was surprised. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I've been back a few times and yeah, I'm into it. Hot works and like working out in a sauna. Who knew I went to there's this place.
Speaker 6: Next time you're in LA, I think you would really like this. It's a I don't know how you classified a wellness studio called Pause. They have cryotherapy, which you could not pay me all the money in the world to do.
Speaker 4: I won't do it. I did for Chicago Winters. I'm set.
Speaker 6: But they have similar to what you're talking about. They do contrast therapy. So there's a room you can go in alone or you can go in with like four friends, which is sort of a nice little you know, afternoon Kiki makes me feel like I'm, you know, like a Danish person who takes better care of myself than I do. And you do the sauna and the cold plunge. It's contrast therapy. Yeah, so you can like sit in the sauna and then somebody dunks and they stay under for the minute, and they get back in the sauna, and then somebody else goes and you just sit and chat. And it's like, you know, when you read about all the Nordic countries and why they're so healthy because they sauna, I'm like, I get it. This feels this feels like a way to hack living.
Speaker 3: What is the difference for you between the cold plunge and the ryotherapy.
Speaker 6: The cold plunch is quick and not a literal freezer, like the idea of voluntarily stepping into a freezer and having to wear like mittens and protective eye goggles.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 6: I can duck myself in cold water. I have friends who live in Idaho part of the year and they have this like beautiful piece of land and there's a little river and we'll go like in the snow and dunk and cold plunge in the river and run back in the house like I'm not averse to a little bit of an adventure, but I draw the line at an actual freezer. That sounds like the opening of a murder mystery to me, Like you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, somebody got stuck in the cry out.
Speaker 6: Like set, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: That has to have been done on one of the procedurals, right one. I know the tanning bed has been done.
Speaker 3: It's been Yeah, it feels like.
Speaker 6: A procedural or an snl Skit should do that one of the.
Speaker 4: Two, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks everybody, thanks for joining us for the Q and A. We hope that you're happy and healthy and finding your own ways of self care and all the other fun things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, have you got any self care hot to send us those two.
Speaker 1: Along with your nickname.
Speaker 3: Please and thank you, please and thank you Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can and also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens O t.
Speaker 3: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 4: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that High school Drama Girl, Drama Girl, all about them High School Queens forever. We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl cheering for the right teams, Drama queens, leise my girl, rough girl fashion with your tough.
Speaker 3: Girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 5: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens, Drama, Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens