Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of charlamagnea god, and guess what. I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions Decisions, Mandy B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Flame Shoe Shoe.
Speaker 4: If you watch the Coffee Time the Baby you know the name Flame my Bro also known as my Roe Flame. Come in with Last and come in with Jim Love Lamb's baby.
Speaker 3: You better catch it when you can't drop.
Speaker 4: A knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 3: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: She ready shot towns one speaking to the grown a second. We gonna last cut him and kick it in at the end, we leave it with just a lifted spirits make you want to revisit, so.
Speaker 3: Your first take a listen.
Speaker 1: Young folks say it's slip.
Speaker 3: Old folks say we dig it. H ain't no fish. Do what you do? Pea do what you do?
Speaker 1: No kids do what I do? No kiss. This is Comedian and welcome to this week's episode of Last and Learn. Lead you out mixed up because we miss you are. I was on romelst week, but we are back this week. When I say we, I am not talking about Tahishi weed, which is me. I'm talking about me and my beautiful co host this Bobby Clifford, the Holly toots tuts. How you go?
Speaker 3: How you doing it? What did you do last week? I wont all the news?
Speaker 1: I uh oh, I had a baby. No, I was traveling with Tiffany. You know I'm still on tour with Tiffany Hattish go to Tiffany Hattie dot com for tour for ticket information and touring schedules, and we went to Knoxville, Tennessee and to Chattanooga, Tennessee. Two great places. Uh don't ask you the name of the theaters because I never remember the name of the places. But they were both great. Uh. Nxville was the audience was really really great. Someone's uh, Chattanooga. But I didn't realize that Chattanooga was the like the church capital of the nation. Bobby, Oh my God, churches and crosses and Jesus loves you and all everywhere everywhere. Bobby, I'm like, oh my god. I wanted to make a joke about it and say, I know what's going on in this city, But girl, I knew I wasn't at home. By the way, I had to make a Maga heckler at the shop Saturday night in Chattanooga. He said, he stood up and saying, you're going to Hell. I said, not before you playoff. Good Good for you.
Speaker 3: There was a full on that weekend, so you probably had all the crazies that came out.
Speaker 1: He said, God, I don't want your can I say? Actually? I talked to Guy yesterday and he told me what no MAGA supporters coming to heave because y'all keep up too much hell on Earth and he didn't want that bullshit up there. Beg That man was so mad at me, baby, he stood up. I picked up that boxtard with one hand and said, okay, this ain't this ain't the oscars. Baby. He ended up leaving. But iod I had a great time, and I'm gonna tell that third body to say this. That. On the way to Knoxville from Atlanta, because I had to do a plane change. When I got on the smaller plane because it was one of those smaller planes because it was a short flight, there was fifteen mega hats looking at me. Fifteen mega hats. Now, if it was any time that a black bitch wanted to sit on the back of the bus, that was the day. But they set me right with them, and I was looking like this, bobby, But I got these green nails on so clearly you could see that, you know. So I sat next to the one guy he seemed like he was the leader, and he looked me every down and he said, how you doing, buddy? I said, the leader.
Speaker 3: I love the leader.
Speaker 1: Not to mention boobs. I mean, let me finish my story. Good God. So I sat down next to him and he said, how you doing, buddy? I said, I'm good. How are you? He said, where are you going? I said, well, I hope I'm going to Knoxville's playing. They make a little stops in between. So he chuckled. He said, so what do you do? I said, well, I'm an entertainer. I said, what do you do? He says, I'm in construction. I said, okay. He said, well, what kind of entertain are you? I said, I'm a comedian. He said, well, tell me a joke. I said, well, the mere fact that I'm sitting on a plane with a bunch of MAGA supporters and I'm a black trans woman in America. Nigga, it don't get much funnier than that. And baby, when I tell you that really happened. We had a conversation from the time we took off to the time we landed, which couldn't have been no more than forty forty minutes, Bobby for real. But we didn't talk politics. We just talked as human beings and we got along. We just got along. You know, I'm not I didn't change their mind or their party. Not that did they change, man, But we got along because we remember, just like you and me, Bobby, that were just Americans trying to trying to get along. Now we started talking politics and they caught that hat, so it was clear who they support. I hope people can see past that. If they have us more divided than we have of us. If we actually talk to each other, we'll get along fine.
Speaker 3: I think all just mutual respect, you know, and sometimes you can you can support somebody. Everybody knows this already, and not by everything that that is said. I mean, the courts are saying no to stopping the military trans from entering the military. So we'll see the way that goes. He throws like spaghetti. He throws everything on the wall just to see what he can get to distract us from the stuff that he's actually not doing and accomplishing. You know, this week was we'll get into it, but sweet Mary, there were there was a lot of stuff, that crazy stuff that's been happening over the past week.
Speaker 1: And that's the celebration. First named Bobby. Congratulations for them finally getting those two astronauts from out of space after all of that being stuck up there. In Limbo. I can only imagine what kind of mindset they were in, Bobby, not to think that we could possibly just perish here. So a congratulations to the government for getting them back. Whoever was in re charge or responsible for that, thank you. I know they were good. God you think they did it up there, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Sonny looks like she's one hundred. No, not having a shower for nine months, she obviously didn't die her hair. She went from jet black here to like snow white. She literally looked like she at least coming down. We'll see what she looks like over the next few days. She looked to me like she aged ten to fifteen years. She looked older.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine it. Couldn't imagine if you think that you're going to be stuck in out of space forever, you know, just so I can only my god, they still have the human minds and haunts that would have aged me. To Bobby, she looked like she had the two turns of the White House, now, don't she? Because you know, they go into the White House with dark or whatever color hair. But after all the stress of that, she I think she.
Speaker 3: Needs a little I think somebody needs to give her that girl a little makeover. She needs to have a little massage, some chiropractic whatever to get those crystals back in her ear so the vertigo stops. She needs her hair done, put a few layers in there, and she needs she needs a big ham sandwich.
Speaker 1: Most people gonna need some therapy. Good god, I think that you could be lost in space for eternity. Most people are gonna need some serious therapy, biby, Good god. I'm just glad they get home safely, that they were able to get them made, because that was scary to think about that, and then we forget about it. It wasn't it wasn't on every day's news. It wasn't on everybody's mind all the time. We actually forget about it until they rescue them, and that the country right here.
Speaker 3: Well, every time, yeah, every time there was a delay, you and I would maybe personally talk, oh my god, it's terrible. And that's the only time I thought about it. You know, I'm not a big NASA person or a space per I think there's a cause for it. It's just not my get down. So I don't really pay attention other than i'd hear they were stuck up there for more time, and my stomach would sink because I'm claustrophobic. I kind of imagine being trapped. Imagine if they didn't like each other flame, you know, and they were just trying to get through the whatever days that they were supposed to supposed to be up there, sweet and marry that.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just gonna take a walk around the block. No, you're not.
Speaker 3: You're not going even gonna go around that. You're not even gonna it's not even as big as like a sell inside. I can't even imagine. Hopefully they got because they're always scientists, and hopefully they got exactly whatever data that they really were looking for. They were able to complete, you know, whatever they had going on up there, so at least they could come down here and have something positive. That's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: Here's the question I want to ask to you in the audience. After experiencing something like that, and you were astronaut, that was your natural passion, would you be willing and risking doing it again.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't wanted to do it the first time. I don't even like a roller coaster. I pray I do a novena to Jesus the whole time I'm on the and promise him everything that you can imagine when I'm on the roller coaster and do my time. To do it once would have been bad enough to get stuck up there for nine months is another story to think about doing it again. You must have a really bad marriage or a horrible family if you get back in that in that little.
Speaker 1: Would you would you? Would you? Guys? I would? I wouldn't. I'm with you, Bobby, I wouldn't do it again either, A baby and listen and then, which leads us to our next story. ELI must attempt with that space X as not maybe they keep imploding. Gail King, I love you, girl. Don't take that right, girl, you take that? No, I need you to miss this one, Gail. I'm just gonna need you to sit this one out and miss this one because don't do a girl. Oh, don't do a Gail. I don't do it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't blame her. I wouldn't either. I mean there he's working out the kinks. But yipes, I heard I don't know if it was on Fox today. I was just walking through everybody, So you'll have to google it. Yourself. But somebody was giving him credit for getting the people down out of space, and I'm like what, And I didn't spend enough time trying to validate it, but I'm like, how the hell? Probably Doge you fell under Doge or something, and he's trying to but those space are exos or whatever the heck that they He's he doesn't have it down yet. These people are still in door.
Speaker 1: God. Okay, I get it. I get it. Oh, so he can get him down, he just can't get him up. Oh, I get it.
Speaker 3: I had an next husband like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think he has that problem. He has thirteen children. I don't think that's his problem.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so either. Yeah, he seems to. Yeah, he seems to keep making the girls happy or at least producing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So not for me. He ain't got no damn astronauts down. Look, but we're glad that home.
Speaker 3: He's in trouble with. You know, there there are some federal judges that are saying the way he's dismantling us ai D and the firings and the layoffs, and it's not legal, it's against the constitution. So he likely has violated the Constitution in multiple ways, so they're looking into it.
Speaker 1: We'll see so allegedly according to media. Because I saw this, I don't want to call their own media, so I'm just gonna say on media on television in the news. The reason him Trump supposedly apparently allegedly made some kind of packed that they were banned together because they were both facing charges, including elon mush station charges from the US facilities that fell up under the U s A. I d well, this is why he made it go away so quickly, so that he is going after that because they were supposed to be suing him.
Speaker 3: Oh, for the love of Peter, who knows, Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 1: He LEI had a bunch of lawsuits coming in. So but now he got that position, so he may go that go away. Oh god, I can't even imagine. Will he's he's been. He's being looked at.
Speaker 3: So he might have made those other charges go away. I don't know about that, but he's certainly being looked at by federal judges for everything that he's doing. Now again back to the one of the first things we said. They're just throwing everything against the wall. They are They their whole purpose in life right now is they hate the government to try to dismantle, dissuade, break the government as much as they can, and they might not be able to do it, but they'll have all of our head spinning while they're trying. Where they're lying, you know, laying off all these poor probationary workers and you know they can't even get their unemployment and and other workers on probationary. I mean, excuse me. On administratively, somebody's going to figure it out. And I don't think it's going to I don't think it's going to go their way, it seems to me, and I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: A lot of the time that oh I lost my thought that they think that they're going to get away with stuff, but they're not necessarily going to. And I see that you and I have spoken about this. I see that romance kind of breaking under the weight of this because I don't think that the current president is going to accept that something could be his fault. It's going to have to be somebody else's fault.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who I have very respect for right now, out of the veterans, because the veterans that are not having it. The veterans have been showing up, speaking loud, making their voices heard of the disrespect that's coming to them. And we all, we all as Americans old, the veniments are great debt of gratitude for putting their lives on them, and they are being so disrespected and so pushed to the back burnder. But they are showing up at the town halls and they are showing up, and so we salute the veterans right here, at least them, because that is what you're gonna have to do. You're gonna have to get gangs. I told you all this before the election. You got to get into dirt with this food. You got to get in a dirt with him.
Speaker 3: You do it like, there's not a lot of things that we can do. So one of the things that we had under economy today is they're saying that spending is slowly. People aren't buying stuff. There are two places that we can be. We can stop them with our pocketbook. I mean, my god, there was a big yard sale on the White House lawn was it last week of the week before Hawk and Tesla's because Elon obviously a billion isn't good enough for him and he's not he's not selling enough. He's got he's got all sorts of workers in high level administrative people that are turning in their stocks and whatnot, and it's sort of plummeting. And the other place that we can do it is just like the veterans. We can go to these town halls. We can open our miles, we can tell them exactly how why we're unhappy and hold their feet account of whether it's your party, you know, it could be your representative, could be your party as well. They will bring that message back to the Senate in Congress, and trust me, they're going to and a lot of them, you see, some of the Republican senators and congressmen are a little shocked. I think they thought nobody was going to be upset when certain services were getting cut, and we're talking about other services potentially. We had that cr that just got signed for the funding and Schumer is under huge scrutiny, and I actually heard him on the view, and I have to tell you, I was a little dissatisfied that I wanted more pushback. I knew that we were only going to be able to push back so much because unfortunately, we don't have the numbers right. And one of the things that he said that is quite true is that he said he was handed basically two big piles of poop. Neither one of the piles was good. He didn't like the cr There are some things in there about Medicare or Medicaid and social Security, not big cut, but areas where there could be potential cuts. And he didn't like the language. They had no say in it, or he could have pushed back and they could have shut the government down. And he said, that's exactly what they want, because if they shut the government down, it falls solely to the executive branch to make decisions on departments that they consider non essential. He said they would, he said, not just Trump, but it really would be. It would be Musk and someone called weight that with Systematically, each day they would find another really important department that they would cut and say wasn't essential, eventually making its way down to the Social Security department, Medicare and Medicaid. But he said they would just that's what they're dying to do. He said, So I agree, we have to fight, he said, but with this crowd since the rulebick was thrown out, he said, we have to fight smart, and we're going to have to be a lot more clever than letting the government shut down. It'd be catastrophic. And the other thing that he reminded all of us this I knew, and you kind of forget. You have to there has to be a talk at the table to start the government, you know, reset it, he said. And once it's down the GOP, it will be the Dems that would have to come forward, and well, what do they have to offer? They have nothing, you know, they already have nothing, he said, So shutting that would we would have handed in our last chip if we went ahead and let the government shut down. And I sort of appreciated that. He reminded me, so again, I agree with you. The things we can do is they're going to try to fight for each one of those entitlement programs, Medicare, Medicaid, social Security. They're doing it each day. They have a different group, and it's up to us to be calling your congressman, man or woman, calling your senators, showing up at the town halls letting people here don't be buying these service are products that go against the DEI. You know, programs that are out there. Other ones. I'm not going to mention any names. Maybe some own car companies. You don't want to be buying those, and you know, giving him your money if you're unhappy with him.
Speaker 1: Graig Party, I just want to ask you, what the hell have we done? Oh my god, we have gave away all the secrets, all the keys to the door, the pan locked. Yeah, they gave away too much. So we are in a position where we have no weight. We have no weight at all. I hope in the next lifetime, the next generation don't get a chance to see this because you have no weight. The Democrats have no weight in this fight. No.
Speaker 3: The only way they get weight, and you and I have spoken about this since November. The only way we get any power of weight back is we have to package up messaging. We have to actually tell people what we stand for. We say it, but we're not really showing them. We have to use a language, whether it be dumbing it down. I know that sounds like we're like, you know, being more crass. We can't assume that people. We were always for the working man, and now all of a sudden it's flipped and they think that the Republicans are for the working man. They were always for the elite, and now all of a sudden they think we'rely so within the next couple months, because it's going to take a while to try to get all of the open seats to try to swing them. The only way that we get more power back is if we win. We'd be great to win both the House and the Senate, but to get one and or where it sort of makes him like a lame duck. I heard Bannon saying that he's going to run for a third term. He was on News Nation and he's got something in the works, and I'm like, what do you have in the works? The Constitution says no, So I don't know. You know again, I think it's going to be one of those they'll throw something on the wall what I'm pleased so far with and I'm going to be displeased at some point. Don't get me wrong. If some of the stuff it's going to the Supreme Court. If it's strictly based on what the Constitution says, they have come back correctly every time. If you give them a little more loophole room, you know where it could be. You know, they have voted more on the Trump side, but so far, Roberts is not happy with uh. You know, Trump sent all of those uh supposedly Venice Will and gang members out uh not to not to their own country, to be to be jailed somewhere else.
Speaker 1: You go. They only use the word the Constitution I respect for the country. That's the only way. They have no regard for that that they are doing all they can to fit it and change it right in our faces. They only use the word they go. They only use the word the Constitution I respect. They don't care about that.
Speaker 3: That's when he's sending stuff. He keeps he keeps sending everything to to you know, Supreme Court. Well, he wants them to hear everything because I think he thinks they're going to vote his way. And all I'm saying is, I think the system is working more than he expected it to. I don't think he expected it to work at all, but it's have a little more integrity than we thought.
Speaker 1: When they want to pass they by passed the Constitution. They just disregarded. They only use those words to appease the American people. They don't give a damn.
Speaker 3: But so far, so far, like what I heard Roberts say no to Trump, sent those send those immigrants off, and if they were in jail, I have to tell you. So that he didn't give a lot of information. Supposedly, a federal judge said, stop, don't do not land, don't go into international waters. I want to know who they are, where they came from. Everybody was vetted that they were in the country illegally, blah blah blah blah blah, and they kept going. No, who gave him the sign, Who told him to just keep going, you know, to keep moving the immigrants out, the gang members out. I don't know. But Roberts came and enforced and backed the federal judge when President Trump said no, you know, he has every right. The country will be it'll be failing if we don't get these people out. But Robert said no, and I kind of liked that, and he said, well he didn't. I heard President Trump after he said, well, he never used my name, so I don't know if he was actually speaking about me. In my case, there's another plane full of immigrants flying up the country. I guess you have to you have to actually, you know, tell for which plane when you're deporting. But I sort of liked it, you know, I think he's he's backing the federal judge. They want more information, and I'll be honest, playing what's the big deal? They have to have an itinerary, like when we get on a plane. So you were just down in Tennessee, right, anybody would know that Flame Monroe was on that plane if they So, where's the big where's the manifest? I don't understand what the big dealer is handing it over other than if you got the notice before you left the United States, like you did wrong things. So we'll see anyway, we'll see what happens. It was a James Boseburg.
Speaker 1: Don't be tracking my flights. Oh I'll flap under that name. I got an alienas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we we have come to a point of oh. I would say no return, But I still have faith that there are going to be some Republicans that are going to turn and be like, enough is enough. We can't do this anymore. This is just it's too much and gonna ain't gonna turn on them, but maybe not before his boy. His boy may turn on first.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be one way or the other. I cont decide if it's going to and they were going to El Salvador. I'm sorry I didn't mention that they landed. I thought they were going to go back to Venezuela with the gangs, but they didn't. They went to Elves and I don't know what the reasoning for that was. I'm sure maybe to keep them away from their other gang members. I cont decide, and maybe we should place a bet a quarter. I'll bet you a quarter. Do you think that Trump is going to turn on Moscue or do you think Mosque will turn on Trump? I don't know what you will.
Speaker 1: Be first, Oh, oh, that's the good. That's like the chicken or the egg. I can't make up my man, I'm not gonna give an answer because I'll have to think about that. I was like, because when you think, I'm like, ooh, ooh, I don't know. So that's like the chicken and the egg. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't either. It's you know, it's kind of crazy, but I'm wondering. I'm very curious to see. I think Mosque would never because he is not he's not a born here citizen. That he kind of likes the power and you know, where he can go like what he's doing, So I don't know if it'll be him. I mean, the crazy stuff that's happening. Did you see all the DEI stuff that that was happening today the Department of Defense, they got rid of all sorts of pictures. They got rid of pictures of this this one, Jackie Robinson. I know that made me. That made me upset. But one of the ones I thought was the most disgusting was Leonola Gay the plane that carried the atomic bomb, one of the atomic bombs and dropped it. And do you know why because the name Gay was in the what's in the which was a woman was in the title? But they got they got rid of that, So I think, you know, are you kidding me? Some of the craziest stuff that's happening. Yeah, But I don't know which one will turn on the other one. But they could do stuff like that again, I think all of this nonsense, yeah, And I don't know, it's still be able to get away with it, and they'll actually be able to delete this stuff. But it's all being put up for deletion. But we're not paying attention to the important stuff. We're not paying attention to what's actually happening in Ukraine? Supposedly they were ceasefire uh talks, right, he just spoke with him yesterday, but yet there are still drone strikes?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: But we're not talking about that when we're talking about the Ola gay getting getting. You know, he just throws everything up and to confuse us, and we're not paying attention to the big and the important stuff.
Speaker 1: That is the psychological proven tactic. And it has been done before and it worked. That's not let it work this time, y'all. Y'all better attention y'all the woke, the woke, the woke, Well, could y'all work the rest of their people? Love? Yeah, we're walking around with blinder zone watching this happened unfold in front of us. Bobby, and that is crazy because I dc him talk about the sea spot. I just still don't understand. How could you have two separate meetings with both those world leaders. Everybody should have been in on the meeting so everybody can have a cohesive We come to an agreement. I don't need you to carry because whoever carries the bomb will bring a bomb. And you already know Trump can't get the damn teleor prompt the right, so you know, he ain't to deliver the message right when he's right in front of his face. He go off the rails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, it's supposed to be a thirty day pause. Look at look at the Middle East Israel. Israel is bombing Gaza. Those people have just started to get a bit of a break. And he went in because you know, Hamas isn't doing whatever they're supposed to do. But what about the poor people that are there? You know, they just all they did was get up these these tent cities and stuff set up, and and they're being bombed. I mean, they've already lost everything. How can they lose everything again? Whatever is left? So you know, as much as he talks big and talk strong, he didn't. He didn't sort that Supposedly he's backing Israel. I mean, and I back Israel for a lot of things. But can't we try to get Hamas better or or some of their assets instead of actually going down and after the poor people of that of the country. I just my heart, my heart believe the whole situation is miserable. But to see the same we were supposed to have a ceasefire that didn't work, and now we're supposed to have a ceasefire that that everybody Ukraine certainly agreed to, and still drone strike. So how much are they actually taking you?
Speaker 1: Seriously, Donald, I'll leave down alone about the Clifford?
Speaker 3: Did you see to talk about leave somebody alone? So now poorge, poor sleepy Joe. He signs the exec the pardons, a whole bunch of them, because there were a ton of at one time, by something called an auto pen. I think it's almost like a stamp. Trump Hot, by the way, uses it himself, and it's the only parameters really around it is that the president be in the room, and so the president can be signing some stuff and their aid the b VP or whatever could be using the autopen And now it's again it's just crap against the wall. It doesn't mean anything's going to come of it. But uh, Trump is saying that all of the pardons that he had because they were signed by autopen aren't valid. I think really what he's trying to say, but he hasn't come out and said it, and at least uh perfectly clear, is that he's probably trying to say that he was too demented or something. We haven't gotten there yet, but trust you me, those are the words that will end up coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: He is particularly trying to dismantch how the car is one by one, as opposed to just not going the whole house down at once. But Bobby, here's the thing, whether they or not they allow once so much of this, some of this stuff would have never been they are. Yeah, that's up to us.
Speaker 3: That's up to us to say, are you in me? You know, they had Adam Kinsinger, who's one of the people that were was entitled, didn't want the pardon, but was entitled to it, and he was hysterical. He's like, bringing on, you know, I bring it. I don't care, bring it on. I've done nothing wrong. He says. Everybody uses the autopen, you know of some of some sort. I think they started using it with Bush, some sort of autopen. They definitely used it under Obama and nobody's ever had a problem with it. And now it's he's just talking about like like the Gulf of America. He's just talking about nonsensical stuff so that we're not talking about the important stuff. They released the JFK files. I don't know what we're gonna hear for that. You know, he turned he took over the Kennedy Center Honors. Now I cannot corroborate this. He wants to go different direction with the arts. He wants the whole place to have a new look. I'm sure there's gonna be gold toilets in the in the bathroom that will all be paying for the The Kennedy Building, from what I understand, is just a beautif building. I don't think it necessarily needs anything. Harvey Firestein says that he's been banned and his work's works have been banned because of the homosexual nature. But I have not been able to corroborate it. I tried to look, I keep coming up with Harvey Firestein says, but I didn't. I didn't actually see anybody else CNN or you know, like a news station actually corroborating that. But that would be awfully sad, well.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't know Donald Trump's view of the arts were that is this and this this is an institution. First of all, I think it's illegal for him to change the landscape of a building, especially if that building is a landmark. So ifmark, it's illegal to do that. But you know these laws are being for some strange reasons. These laws are being changed like that for them, just like that because we didn't vote local and they got too much juice everywhere we got. I'm like, we gotta keep But Harry Fierston have been involved with with that Kennedy City honors for many many years. A lot of people stepped away from that because they said they just didn't sit with them. So that it's going to be, like you said, a different landscape, whether the Trump regime, Well, no, I.
Speaker 3: Mean under under under Biden, we had Queen Latifah uh ll cool j we had all sorts of grow I mean, we had hip hop, we had everything, We had a little bit of everything. And well, I loved it. I loved seeing the new the new groups come in. It brought sort of new life. Uh. They they they had the Apollo like, they had all sorts of great places and great people. And so I'm going to be quite interested to see what what what under Trump. The funny thing is his first four years he never went to one event. He doesn't even know what the building probably looks like on the inside. But yeah, crazy just doing crazy stuff to do for the sake of doing crazy stuff. I think. I think that's really what's going on Social Security, so there's no fraud. He has elderly people either going on their computer. Can you imagine my mother can't even use your phone, or schlupping into these buildings. He's closed off of them. They gott to find a building, they got to find a ride, they got to find somebody to take them. I think it was like a four hour wait. They had it down to two hours prior. But now since all of these people have been let go, you're going to put old people in a room unless you got quota potties on every seat. I don't know what the hell you're going to do with the old people, but it's just crazy, please, crazy nutty stuff. He sent a Brown University Medical School professor over to back to with the valid visa. He sent them back to Lebanon because l A Waife I think that was the name of the person. They went to a Hesbelah funeral at one time. You know, it's probably a cousin or whatever, like I don't know who it was, but it was an open public funeral. It wasn't like, you know, you had to be invited. You's just crazy, just crazy, ridiculous stuff going on.
Speaker 1: And we virtually and we voted for this.
Speaker 3: A lot of people did.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are realizing the mistake they made too. But now you know, and we're doing. Michelle Obama, what you're going to do about it? Do something? Now, you have to do something.
Speaker 3: Now, you have to do something. We're never going to get I guess there's like seventy seven million, for instance, that voted for Trump. I don't think we're ever going to get those people. I know that some of those independence and maybe we will, but we have to remember that ninety million, nine zero million people stayed home because they figured, eh, what difference would my vote? Those are the people that we need to go after for this, for the midterms. We have to we have to light a fire under that group, get a message out that reaches those people. I mean, obviously to vote differently, but just to vote is important. So I mean, that's to me what the Democratic Party is going to do. I think they have a lot of people that are on the bench. I mean, I really do. I think there's a lot of good talent, but I don't know who the voice would actually be somebody has to kind of rise above and show us.
Speaker 1: Uh being part of the Democratic Party. They need, they need, they need to step up now. They need a face now because the person who's going to pick them aparty first. First of all, it is us. But we need a representative now, whether whoever Y'allking, y'all ready to get him out there, because they're trying to pull up any kind of dirt they got on them. Show y'all gonna have to dig real deep, defensivebody, real clean like Obama was.
Speaker 3: It's true, and I bet that there are some people that are out there. I can't even allow the news. As you said, it is an ever changing time. What was what I was putting down to report on yesterday? It was already resolved or something else that happened today you can't even follow. Yeah, please, so they do, They're gonna find somebody. They gotta kind of stick with them. They got to give them time to create their message. You know, Kamala Harris did no, she only had so many days, right, sixty to seventy days. It wasn't enough. So they need to be they need to be on this now where they have, you know, a year and three quarters still to go because I think we're all going to be bald. I'm gonna have wrinkles all over my face. I already have like t r U M B over my mouth. I must be going, I must be making a sour face. But we've got to do something. Is where are you? Where are you? It's not next week the week after the last week of May, I mean March. Where are you?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're in the Carolinas. We'll be in Charleston, South Carolina on a twenty eighth, and in Raleigh doing them on the twenty nine. Go to Tidney Headers Dot time for tick information. But Bob, you just made a point. You threw my train of thought off when you took me to the damn well. Sorry, what were you talking about? Because my man just went there talking about the damn show? Bro? Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Sorry? All of a sudden I could, now I can't. It popped up all of a sudden, and I said, Oh, I better me. There's a sign from God that I need to mention that show.
Speaker 1: A sign from God is a good sign of clothes asign from God. Y'all better go register and take you ask the poet. It's those ninety million. Like Bobby said that you stayed home and you just gave it away. You gave it away without a fight. That's that you just gave it away, even whether it affected you or not, if it affects other Americans. If you are the high hunt show of your neighborhood, because there ain't no kings and queens in America. I'm the only queen in America. Shit ain't no kings and queens in America. If you are the high hunter of your neighborhood and you don't want to do that because you got enough money to pay people to do things for you. Who who you're gonna pay If you don't get rid of everybody, because how unhos ain't gonna work for how hunchos? You will be the low huncho to somebody to somebody, And y'all, we we're in a lot of trouble in this country. This ship is headed to a brick wall.
Speaker 3: We are in trouble if we don't help each other. It really comes down to us. If you're somebody in a neighborhood and you've got neighbors, find out if they voted, like kind of see if you can easily get in there, and if they didn't say, well I would I I would drive you, I would.
Speaker 1: Vote.
Speaker 3: That's all right, But you know what, I want to get to that ninety million flame. So if you've got two or three people in your neighborhood, maybe they didn't have a ride, maybe they didn't think it was important. I'm not telling you who to vote for to see which which group that you were better under, but offer them a ride, you know, I mean, we used to help each other. You know, that's another thing that's kind of lost by the wayside. We get to get back into that. It's going to be up to us to make the changes. If we don't like what we have right now, we don't like the crazies. If you feel like you know your lithium prescription is, it's going to have to be renewed. I'm going way back with lithium, I think, or prozac, then you need to do something.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I never care if it's one side or the other. I have to say I have I've been then with this one particular president. For whatever reason, I have never felt unsafe. I don't know about you. I might not have liked people's politics. I thought I might think that they could do more or I, you know, I'd like to see more services or whatever. I'm trying to think of the differences between us. But I've never felt unsafe, even during nine to eleven, you know, when Bush was in during all that didn't I felt like he had our backs and I didn't feel unsafe. I feel absolutely my knees knocked sometimes thinking about the crazies that we're getting into because he just doesn't. He thinks he knows on Parlsley, but there's nobody in there. He's got rid of anybody that had any type of knowledge or historical knowledge or let.
Speaker 1: Me get you with a double power. Wow, Bobby. So do I I feel very unsafe, not only just as a black person, but as a trans person, you know, because they didn't let the dogs out. They have let the dog though, and that's unfortunately. I've been in a comedy game for twenty five plus years, and I was up at the comedy clubs long before we were Transparent on TV. And I was up in there, and I'm not gonna say that I was afraid, but I wasn't afraid that someone was going to hurt me. That's what I wasn't afraid of But now because of all these dogs whistles, are you saying that with this or with that? And you're talking about everybody. People are not going to receive me. People could be afraid of me to where they would like to harm me. I've never used to walk around looking over my shoulders, but you've been dancing better know about me? Did I look my shoulders now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't blame you. I'm a white American and I look over I make myself when I'm in anywhere. I kind of did this anyway, but I always face the door. I want to see what's coming in. I'm always looking over my shoulder. I find myself going out even less at night, like anywhere that I'm a little unsure of what my surrounding is going to be. Or some cook could be could be out just because they can, because what trouble are they going to get into? Yeah, and I don't like that. And this is only under one hundred days in. What's it going to be like when we're at the midterms. So I kind of imagine being someone of color, being someone of the trans experience and the Americans. You've got my stress plus the other two stressors. I'm sorry about that. I wish there's something I could have done. It'll be different.
Speaker 1: Look if push coming ship, I don't put on my dark redly blonde chipped hair and painted a little lighter, and I'm gonna go for the low white woman. My name is jong Go being joined him David, absolutely, but I don't know it is. It is mind boggling to think that so many rights that we fall for as a country's uh, a race of sexuality of women and men, women's rights and everything could be taken away with the stroke of opinion, just like that, right, not even fifty sixty years Yeah, not a.
Speaker 3: Thought like if you if you ask him, or not even him, you ask his cabinet or you ask his press secretary. They all sort of have a party line, but nobody can actually explain because sometimes who knows. I'm gonna I'm gonna try to do half class full and I'm gonna try to give credit. They might have an actual reason. Like I told you, I was really upset with Chuck Chuck Schumer, and then when I heard him talk about how it will be, you know, each one of the departments would systematically have been and he sort of had no other, no other where to go. I went, okay, I get it. So if Trump has a rationale or his cabinet have rationale, I want to hear it. But it's just like because I said, so, you know, remember transparency. That's all we were going to have is transparency. I am I'm sorry to say a flame. I don't feel like anything's really transparent.
Speaker 1: Oh it's transparent now, which way headed I don't like, but damn no transparent. We see it, and we were warned that it was coming by so many, with Hillary Clinton down to Kamala Harris, down to Obama Townsend, so many.
Speaker 3: We were wed and they didn't listen, YEP, but we.
Speaker 1: Were distracted by something shiny and orange and we looked away, and when we looked away, the rock came rolling down on us. And then we've been hit by the rock YEP distractions. I mean.
Speaker 3: Always his own people, Chris Christy, Liz Cheney, you know, like I could go on and on. Alissa Griffin Ferrar or Farrah Griffin who's on the view. She worked under pens and she said, this is dangerous people, you know, our democracy. People just did not they did not listen. They were more worried about what was coming out of their pocketbook. And I understand, don't get me wrong, being somebody who recently got laid off. You know, I lived paycheck to paycheck to begin with. Never mind, but it's still my democracy and my safety and my dignity as an American. You know, I'd like to be proud of my I don't think there's been anybody. Well, when Clinton got the blowjob, I was a little embarrassed, but I don't think anybody but he went out strong that I was actually embarrassed about. You know, you know, like I have some family members and I don't tell tell people that I'm related to them.
Speaker 1: Don't do that bot me. Listen, that's what got me into politics. I never voted until her planning to get the head and the oval. I said, Okay, that's my type of dude. I'm going to stop voting to now. Maybe that's what really made me get into politics. That's so funny. Anybody who's like a little okay, this is another kind of show. Okay, go shout out to Bill Clinton. When getting when you can get it, playing get it when you can get it. Uh, listen, Bobby, I don't know if people really took it seriously and I steal it on them. I think they're so infatuated with the with the popping circumstance of it all the explode. He's so explosive, he's dynamic, you know. He he's launched in life. And while all of these explosions are going off and the fireworks are sparkling and twinkles and the diamonds and a glistening, a bund of the ship is mounting up and the ship is going to land on you and all because you were distracted by the shining. You better catch up with the dole because you're about to be in the poop. Yup, yeap.
Speaker 3: He told us. We've talked about this. He told us exactly what he was going to do, exactly. How as far as the crazy stuff, he's done the crazy. What he didn't do is bring prices down. But once he got elected, remember he started tap dancing on that. Because no president, it's not up to the president. Unless we are into a recession and they have to hit like a reset button, prices don't come down. It's a world market. It's a global market. If we are willing to pay twelve dollars, friggs. Now that's of course the bird flow. But if we're willing to pay that twelve dollars, because we were, they're gonna leave it at twelve dollars. So that's sort of up to us too. If we want to see prices come down on certain things. Say you know that the price is too dear, I can't do it. Well, you know we we're going to let that pass right on by. But we don't do that. We as Americans, we like it now, we want it. We don't want to wait, we don't care. We like to bitch a lot, but you know a lot of us don't like to actually do make the sacrifices like our forefathers dead, to make change. And I think you know where we fucked around, and now we're going to find.
Speaker 1: Out flame I'm going on an egg diet, by the way, No I steel like my eggs. I go to cots, go and get them. But they do have a living Now you can only buy three dozen or three eighteen does breakers does or whatever you call it. Anyway that that is the least about words. When I see all the other players that he had put in position, they really did play chess. While the Democrats was playing checkers because some of these people that he had put in these appointed positions that damn show had no experience and have no experience. Dangerous starting from the zar to head set to a few more. But they are dangerous by their mouth and reckless, and they really are with no impat because they know they won't have any consequences there and they don't.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you what they are, which we're not. I told you, I've said this two million times. We're very messy in front of company. I remember my mother, I've told you she used to give you the fist. She'd hold that down by your side, and you knew behave if company came into the house. We don't do that. We tattle on each other, We tear each other down in front of others. We don't stick together. We don't follow a party line. The one thing that I'm going to say about President Trump that he did well. He his cabinet is as loyal as they could be. Even if they look like jackasses, they are as loyal as they can be. RFK is talking about the bird flow and how we should just let it run rampant in these chicken farms and see who's susceptible to it. We won't have any chickens left, they'll be extinct. But they're loyal. He's he's reporting back. He's you know, they talk crazy mess and that sounds very much like, oh the bleach gets rid of COVID. Maybe we could do something with that, you know, the same type of thing. Let's see if we can see who has heard immunity in the chicken farm. But he's he really does. He incites loyalty and he gets it. God bless them. I wish we had that. Well, now, this infighting with Schumer, all right, if you're upset with Schumer, go and speak to Chuck Schumer and let him explain, like he did on the View, exactly why he didn't like the decision he made either. But he works for the people, as he said, he doesn't work to just have opposition against the other side. And here's an insight conversation.
Speaker 1: We have given them all the cars to play and left ourselves with nothing. We would, like you said, by too much infighting. We so they picking each other that we missed them going around us while we were fighting, which is what happened in America. So busy fighting each other over race or stature that we won't even see when the enemy is surrounding us, because now we didn't did to each other. Y'all going to pay very close attention to where y'all setting y'allself up for, because when they see us being weak, that's when they're going to get strong, right, And we damn show looking weak from the outside looking in.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. We we absolutely are looking and they I want to say that the country hates us. They don't hate us. They hate our leader right now for being so divisive. You know, we had these great alliances and these relationships like our trading partners for hundreds of years, and he's systematically breaking them. But it's making us as the people, look weak, Like why the hell did you let it be in.
Speaker 1: The first place? It should Bobby, because he wasn't boiling. This is not in his bloodline, he wasn't boring into this position on America. Y'all born for this, y'all. So they're like, Okay, so y'all voted for this. This is a royalty.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 1: He didn't inherit that position. They look it looks like we voted for all this foolishness, and there's a lot of foolishness. Bobby, Who's you vote for? And now I'm just joking.
Speaker 3: You know who I voted for? She looks good in a pants suit. I saw Tim Walls on a podcast. I'm trying to think of whose flame it was. I heard him on Gavin Newsom's, but I don't think that was That was the one I heard. And he gave a great he gave it was a good podcast. He said that, you know, they were quite surprised that they were going to win, but we don't have a clear message. And he kind of went everything that we've everybody has been kind of talking about, but we certainly better get it together because midterms are around the corner. Like he said, two years to get ready for an election. He said, we're remember that's what Trump did. And it was like a blink of an eye. We all thought, oh my god, he's starting. So it wasn't bump, it was here. He said, So they better be getting their message together and kind of cleaning cleaning themselves up. And I thought, oh, you go to him. It was kind of interesting to hear that that he was, you know, being a little critical in a good way about their own side. But the Gavin Newssen I listened to a few. He's trying to get conversations. He's trying to get hard conversations going. He's had a lot of he's had a lot of criticism about because he had Bannon on, but he's trying to Sometimes when we want to grow ourselves, you have to kind of reach out and have conversations with people that maybe you wouldn't want to and maybe they'll teach you something or at least how to how to put a good defense at least the next time around.
Speaker 1: Right, we have strong candidates. We got we got Shapiro, We got to do some you know, it's just the way they're going to play this game, because yeah, we got uh.
Speaker 3: Illinois, Illis Illinois, Fritzker, Yeah, baire, So they got candidates.
Speaker 1: It's going to be how they play the game. They so afraid to get in the dirt. They're so afraid to get in the Yeah, oh are you okay? What man? Damn sure that nobody's kids, whoever, whoever it is. I don't know the strategy. I don't know the other side of politics like that, But you got to come in like a train with no breaks, because he got all the players already in position to fight you. You will not just be running against him, you will be running against that team they got. They got to. They don't have to be real pristine with who they bring in, Bobby, and we need to start liking them now.
Speaker 3: I agree, that's it, and vet it all now. I don't want to see it on the news. I still have said to you, I am angry with the Democratic Party for how they got rid of Joe Biden, who had done so much. Those should have been conversations that we had two years ago. Remind him it was a transitional president, and they should have had him involved and had a hand in who he wanted to pick, you know, a primary, a solid primary. Let him because he was getting stuff done left and right, as you know. Let him keep his nose to the grindstone, push those extra two years out, get as much accomplished as he possibly could have. But they didn't, and I don't like that. So they need to have whatever uncomfortable conversations first, and they need to find their people and then put them out there so we can get used to them and get comfortable. If it's a woman, let us know, because you know we don't like I heard. I've told you. I watched a whole John Lemon went into a salon and women of color were against a woman of color being a president. I almost fell off my chair. I'm like, you've got to be kidding me. Just because she's a woman, you should be supporting her, never mind anything else. But so let's bathe. Let us bathe in it right now. Let us get used to whatever it is that you want to that you.
Speaker 1: Want to the color being the president. Latinos voted for Trump, White white women voter for Trump, who said, who take you away your right of choice? And girl, they'll get me started, Girl, get me started. So a lot of y'all really have not drake the kool aid, but whatever it was slowed in the air, y'all sniffed real hard. They because it is to vote against yourself, it's preponderous. Maybe I gage for Trump.
Speaker 3: It is to me. I always support me. I support me.
Speaker 1: Like that. Ladies and gentlemen. You can follow me on all social media platforms that flame Monroe or Monroe flame on Instagram and she's catching me on tour with Tiffany had to go to Tiffany Haadis dot Com Tickets North Carolina. You up next, Bobby Clifford. Where can we find and follow you? Please?
Speaker 3: Dear Instagram, Laugh and Learn Podcast Clifford, Bobby of Facebook, Bobby Clifford, Bobby Glifford.
Speaker 1: She said that without me reminding her. Oh, Bobby, you almost you're a grown woman this week. You're growing up, little girl. I'm proud of you. Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you guys for following us here. Thank you Big Aaron for calling us here. That Learning season four. I think this is episode forty, right, Bobby, keep your head on swooling the words of TJ and and here that for learning. The message has not changed, will not change until you change who you are here that we're not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby, So don't waste your mind and pay attention to what the hell is going on around you. Stop fighting them small fires when that big one is burning the rest of the goddamn country down. If your house is the only house standing, you're gonna be real lonely. Remember that. Okay, have a great night, Please, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 5: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, This is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn