Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Here we go, America. I see Texas, I see South Carolina, I see Alabama, I see Pennsylvania, Pensacola, Laurel, Mississippi, Spanish Fort, Alabama. Hell O, Heartzel, are you ready? Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend? North Carolina, Orange Beach is ready. Come on, everybody, everybody. Hello, Kentucky, the Bluegrass State is in everybody. If you're not ready for a good time today, that find something else to do. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Let's go. Oh, somebody would fry baloney, grits and eggs in South Carolina?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Woodsboro, Texas? How about it? Glory Glory, Oh Georgia?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: Head on?
Speaker 3: Mississippi.
Speaker 1: They're all here and building as we start a brand new day on a brand new week, coming off a long weekend. I hope all of you got some time to relax a little bit and had a meaningful Memorial Day reflecting on those who have given the ultimate gift for the liberties and the freedoms that we enjoy every day. And maybe when we remember what it cost, we wouldn't be so willing to be so haphazard and giving them up because we don't need to a lot of folks paid that lease. So anyway, thanks to all of you that have been keeping up with us over the week and been enjoying all the things that we put out that means so much to us. As we have one hundred shows men, one hundred shows that have been put up and we move forward now Lord willing, and hopefully there's so many more to come. We do have a lot to cover. We do have some you know, stuff we got to talk about in house, things you need to be aware of that are going on this week. Will update you on that little shocking because it was.
Speaker 5: A three day weekend.
Speaker 1: I hope all of you enjoyed the replay hours from from the past one hundred shows. Uh, but we got box seats. You know, Normally when we come and start a week, there's a day. We kind of gathered, get our feet under us. But we were right out of that weekend and right into the face of people coming from all over and they're going to come in here and there and they mean business.
Speaker 3: Fired up, fired.
Speaker 1: Up and ready to go. So, uh, we look forward to seeing all of you that are coming. That will be a burgess ball battle. We'll do that later in the show today. So we had five hundred dollars go out of here, Yeah on Friday, sure did, Sure it did. Now we we we showed a little grace because you know, if you remember, we we allowed it to We allowed an extra spend and whatever whatever happened with him, the couple.
Speaker 3: Got it was one hundredth day.
Speaker 1: It was we had to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was a celebration.
Speaker 1: It was so we had to.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So we will we will see what We'll see what happens today. A couple of things, Greg, I want to ask you something because you know you may be a lot of you there may be aware that Greg worked for twenty plus years twenty three years with the Alabama Power Company, part of the Southern Company, so he knows a thing or two. And I know all of you are the same way. So much of our country. It's not everybody, but so much of the country. We're in a weather pattern. This spring is just featuring lots of rain because we've had some droughts, so I'm sure that's good. Lots of rain and just pop up thunderstorms and then some of these things, unfortunately have led to tornadoes and all that. But a thunderstorm is pretty much part of your day right now. Oh yeah, at some part, at some point, and and but but then the big thing is, you know you got straight line wins and you have all this and we know a lot of you. Let me go ahead and say this, this is nothing. I'm just gonna ask Greg's opinion what some of y'all have been through and the death and devastation. This is not I'm not even remotely equating that with this. I'm just trying to get Greg to kind of I'm interested because it wasn't any big deal. But it is weird when you lose power. How you're so accustomed to having power you can't make yourself realize there is no power, and you can't realize looking how many things are tied to your power, And like I can't tell you. I got some mad at myself Sunday morning because our power went out in the middle of the night on Saturday night or in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I bet I walked into my closet and tried to flip the light on. Oh a thousand and I just stopped the bathroom. You're going right, So, so anyway, I want to ask I want to ask you this question because you may know who and no, it's interesting and it's fine. So you know how your security alarm will let you know if your power went out. Hey, just so you know, we got no power. We're not getting anything. Okay, good. Yeah. So so it woke me up. It was two thirty I think am in the morning, going into Sunday morning. And of course you know Sherry and I lead a Sunday school class. I'm teaching that day all that, you know, women getting ready for church, all that, and so so it looks and it says, hey, we already know about it.
Speaker 5: You know, they send you the text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're on it, probably back on in a couple hours.
Speaker 5: I thought, well, by the time, we're not even.
Speaker 1: Going to be awake yet because we don't get up as early, as we do in workdays, and I said, this is not big deal. Let's just go back to sleep. We were thankfully where we live it wasn't all that hot. You know, it hasn't gotten that hot. Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's humid, but it's not all that hot.
Speaker 1: So the house really never got stuffy, and I thought, well, we're fine, and so we we get up. Now, first of all, I panic my wife completely. We're supposed to be at Sunday school at nine am and then our Sun's shop class starts at nine point fifteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't have my glasses on, and when I wake up, I realized the power never came back home. So I'll go over to my phone and I look down and I don't have my glasses on, and I think it says eight twenty seven. Yeah. I don't know how I thought I could have ever slept eight twenty seven without wake it up one more time or anything like that. And I holler out it's a twenty seven, and she's like what, And she comes up out of the bed and we just start scrambling, and all of a sudden, my eyes kind of clear. I so, oh, stop, six twenty seven. I'm sorry, slow, I'm sorry. That's a man sleep, that's a six sleep. Sorry, that's all mad.
Speaker 3: She's a blurry six.
Speaker 1: She's all made. She's like, wow, So well we're waking down and I said, well, we probably need to get up anyway. Yeah, so we went that. So we had no power, and we went through the whole thing of trying to trying to get ready with no power, which is not that big a deal except for beard dryers for women. She he says, I guess I'm not coloring my hair to day. I said, wasn't not like I don't. You don't need to get that curdel now, iron I. Let's just have it wild on the top of your head, right, And then she then they had to put their makeup on near a window where light's coming in.
Speaker 5: You know, because the bathroom doesn't have.
Speaker 2: Any fight and uh, but the showers in the darker. Weird it is.
Speaker 3: It's just weird.
Speaker 1: It's weird. So so here's here's here's my question to you. So we're we get ready, we're coming out of the driveway and okay, they now say, we've reassessed it's going to take long. We thought as we come out, sure, goes, well, there's the problem. So I looked to my left. Because we didn't have a big storm overnight or anything like that, because I'm sure there was wind. There was always win And I noticed that sometimes the power company will come through when they think your power pos have gotten old and they're replacing with new ones or for whatever reason, y'all whatever, Well, they had left an old pole, just left it. Well, that old pole is what got pushed down, and it just takes the lines and comes to the ground, and and and it's late.
Speaker 3: How would it be tall enough to do that?
Speaker 1: It still was. It wasn't as tall as the others, but it caught like a bottom wonder it caught line you're saying it kind of fell. It fell, fell and caught some of the lines. It didn't catch all of them, So I don't know if that was I guess it was the power I break the pole.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the good one.
Speaker 1: No, But then there had to be more to it, That's what I mean. They drug it all the way to the ground and was laying on top of it. Greg still connected Greg, but like almost like you would be bouncing on it. Took it out.
Speaker 5: Could have very easily been telephoned and cable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well how come, but the power was no, no, because of what I'm talking about. So then he said, So then they go, what now your problem? Now that we've sent trouble man out, you, I guess used to be and we realize we need more resources. Yeah, so you're something else besides you're but that thing blocked the road and watching people try to turn around. Hey, can I tell everybody who was trying to turn around? Because my house was the last house you go by before you realize you can't get down the road. Hey, folks, I got a circle driveway. Just run through the circle and go out the other side. The attempts to turn around in the road, of course some of them. Rod ran over one of the sprinkler heads and destroyed it. People people getting in there with the grass is wet and everybody's getting your house? Was the turn around? I was the turnaround. Hey, it's a circle driveway. Just come through it the other side. Just come through the other side. Some of the attempts to turn around were the most outlandish attempts I've ever seen. And uh, but what do you what did the pole? What was the issue? Because when I finally got back from church. Beyond the pole they put they put like, yeah, like somebody had been murdered. They put one of those across the road. Then they put a bunch of comans. The other ones too besides that one, and then beyond that. Now there's three four big trucks have pulled up to where the line is where this is still laying in the road. But now to your point, I'm we go get home, and I'm we go out there and we're just kind of hanging out the pool. Well, of course, even the pump has has to have electricity. So as we're out there, all of a sudden, i'm out there of the pump, I hear water come down the slide us up. Power's back, so I look up. But then when I go up the driveway, all the power company people are gone, but the thing's still laying in the road. And now there's a spectrum called truck pulled up block airs. So do you think this is the cable? So yeah, so.
Speaker 5: That pole was nothing because it didn't pull everything to the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't think they probably just pulled the fiber and maybe something like that. What they do when you go on set a new pole besides the old pole for clearance or whatever reason. You transfer everything up on that and then we would cut it down below the neutral and then tie it off because cable and telephone now they got to come move theirs. Some of those will sit there for years so they won't get moved. So the one that got pushed down I guess by the wind after it got so saturated, and we probably did it hit the bottom stuff whatever the bottom stuff.
Speaker 5: Is, because they pulled the other one always. Yeah, that was telephone or cable.
Speaker 1: That's why spectrum was out there, But there must have been somewhere else on down was where the major one. Well, they pulled right up to where it fell and they started working beyond it, just beyond it. But they closed the road off. And that was out that long. That sounds like it was. It was out thirteen hours. M Yeah, But I think what you saw it was just one of them opos that where they had either telephone had hadn't transferred off of it yet or they were going to or they have. I seen them sit there for years. The two blocked us.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Bridgers show.
Speaker 5: Over the new book.
Speaker 1: And speaking of legends and icons, Phil Robertson went on in over the weekend and us, as we say, uh, in the culture we grew up in, you heard about having oldfield.
Speaker 5: And now he went on in. Yeah, he went on in.
Speaker 1: And boy, I tell you what a what a man we were, you know, discussing that. Sherry and I sat down and I put something out on the story on Instagram because the first thing that hit my mind when I heard this, the very first thing, was filled standing before our Lord Jesus that he revered and served so well and hearing well done, my good and faithful servant, because he was faithful and he was unapologetic about what he believed, but he was also gracious and kind to those who didn't believe what we believed. He stood on the principles, but he was always willing to talk to you about the grace that God was willing to give to anyone who would repent, and he'd take you out there in the lake and he baptized you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So he definitely got a well done. But you know when people like that just thought we were talking about with dad, you know, when when these men passed seventy nine years old, so it was a little younger than Dad. But Alzheimer's it's a tough thing. Greg and I and all of us were discussing. You know, honestly, he went pretty quick after they publicly told us he had Alzheimer's. And it's possible that they may have had some years that they didn't talk about it much publicly, so that may be. But you were also saying, there's a form of Alzheimer's that seems to shorten your life quicker than different different kinds. I don't know what kind he had, but you know Dad was ten years with it, right, I think when we figured around ten years. Yeah, yeah, maybe a little less but somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then, like I saying, the whole he wasn't to the bad part, just showing signs. Yeah. Now when you think about Dad's body, you know, he ultimately his life ended on earth because he actually fell in a memory care facility and had, you know, a brain bleed, so that how much longer Dad's body would have carry on? Who who knows he was still walking around find yeah he was, but h So anyway, the but it's a it's a it's a it's a terrible thing to see. And but Phil robertson what what a celebration of a life? And you guys had to know. We had him on the show back in the Rick and Bubba days. You know, I got to do some stuff with them on on some of their podcast and and uh and all that. But you guys got to sit down and and be and I got to go and do some events with Phil. But you can this this thing with you guys interviewed him was one of my favorite stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And you know Rock the South of the outdoor concert festival that we've what we've we've done, I guess on air stuff with them for years and it's it's known around the country is one of the biggest outdoor uh festivals there that there is. He was there with one of his sons, Alan and Uh. We were tasked with doing an interview with them on stage in front of the whole crowd. But but all you went on stage, all you saw were people for as far as you could sey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're sitting couches. Yeah ye if y'all not big on shoes, no, Now, we went in his trailer and he was in there in his bare feet kick back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one thing I remember we've discussed it is. We were briefed before we got to go on the trailer and then plus on stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or even you.
Speaker 1: Know when you he said, don't ask him because this is when the GQ article had come out.
Speaker 5: Y'all, don't bring.
Speaker 1: That up or see we walk in the first thing he says, as he's barefooted. Y'all asked me anything he brought it. He goes, doesn't make a thing called Gentlemen's Quarterly. I didn't know what that was, and he gave us the whole story. I mean, we couldn't ask him.
Speaker 3: About Greg and Greg and I looked over each other, like, well all that, all those prep in meetings on what we couldn't do. I guess that's out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: But it was really really cool to see him kind of laid back and just you know, out and it was really and he was always such a pleasure to be around and always so kind.
Speaker 2: And that was at the height of the Duck dynasty mania. Oh yeah, y'all interviewed him and like that article had just come out. Yeah, y'all remember, he wanted to kick it off early, Like his little interviewed. He was like, I'm ready let's go oh yeah, and the big guy didn't know that, and so a lot of times in between the acts, like the crowd would go, you know, whatever, get a hot dog or whatever, you know, and he starts early. He gets on stage, and I actually wasn't ready either, So I, along with the entire crowd, were running back to the stage. And the crowd went from like I don't know, a couple thousand to like ten thousand. Wow, at least like at least ten thousand people rushing back to this stage to watch a Q and A with Greg Burgess and Speedy on the couch with Phil.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, but it was kind of neat because you know, when you're interviewing someone, you kind of want to know where they want to go. And to Greg's point, He's like, ask me anything whatever, and I'm like, okay, so we're going on stage with whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he was. He wasn't afraid of stage with whatever, no restrictions. When uh, well, we may have talked, oh come, I'll hit one more thing. Have you ever heard the guys talk about the story? And I think we may have shared it on the show back then, but today it's a good time to do it again when they first started doing Dynasty and the A and E people were there when he when he asked the blessing.
Speaker 5: For the food. Have you heard about this?
Speaker 3: I don't know that I have.
Speaker 1: I think we may have talked about it, but it was hilarious and the response of the A and the people, They're like, Okay, why don't we try one more? But I'll tell you about that. But that was classic, classic Fiel because he was fearless when it came to the faith. We'll be right back, stay close, okay. So we talked about it a little bit on the show Friday. You know, my hearing is not what it once was. I'm not to the point of needing a hearing aid yet. I hope maybe I can avoid that. But if I do, I've already been through this with family members. I know where to go, and that's MD hearing. So many of you have responded to this, and it's a game changer when you have loved ones that where their hearing starts to go away to the point that they need a hearing aid. Many times, if you'll notice, you kind of start losing them in the family if they're not engaged because they can't hear what everybody's saying and get them back engaged by getting them a hearing aid. Then you're saying, well, we'd love to Rick, But have you seen the price of a hearing aid? Yes, but that was before MD Hearing. MD Hearing changed the entire industry by giving you hearing aids that are very, very affordable, over ninety percent less than clinic hearing aids, the Neo, which is fantastic. If it's inside your ear, no one will even though it's there. Plus, MD Hearing just launched the Knee S, the smallest hearing aid ever. Now we're gonna get you a pair for ninety seven. All you have to do is go to use this website. Okay, are you ready? Shop md hearing dot com. Shop md hearing dot com, use the promo code Rick, and you can get a pair of these incredible hearing aids for two hundred and ninety seven dollars. You heard me right, And also you're going to get a free extra charging case that's a one hundred dollars value just for listening to the Rick Burgess Show. So go right now to shopmdhearing dot com use the promo code Rick Okay, so we are remembering Phil Robertson. So I sent Adler this. This is when Tucker Carlson was interviewing Willie Robertson. And you remember, as Adler just pointed out, I mean there was the Duck dynasty heyday when they were they were huge, and they still are, but there was one time when it was why, I mean, they everybody knew who they were.
Speaker 5: Aren't they rebooting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I heard that next generation or something, Yeah, something like that. But here's Willie Robertson. You remember we always he would all Phil worked in his faith, even on A and E. And of course remember when A and E thought they would get rid of him because of the gqu article and Cracker Barrel was going to take this step would so stupid, And there were so many people that supported what a strange concept. There were people that supported them to the level that A and E kept them, and Cracker Barrow said, we changed our mind. But the first time that they ever filmed Phil Robertson giving the blessing and praying over the food, this happened, and here's Willie Robertson telling Tucker Carlson, here we go.
Speaker 6: Thing that ever happened dug nasty that never got shown. So we had this dinner scene every time, you know. So we're setting all the table up and it's a little young producers like, okay, mister Phil, you'll pray action. So we bow our heads, and Phil said, I pray for these bunch of heathens from Los Angeles, California, with their latte coffees and their filthy language. I pray you don't burn them all in hell for their sinfulness.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 6: We were fiping so hard because none of us knew that was coming. None of us realize and so we all look over and we're just like, look, what was that? And this this young produce he never missed a me. He was like, thank you, mister Phil.
Speaker 2: Now can we do another prayer that we.
Speaker 3: Can actually put on televison.
Speaker 1: Lord, pray for these heathens from Los Angeles, the Ltte coffees in their filthy language. You don't burn them all in hell.
Speaker 3: That was him.
Speaker 1: A lot of you are texting and emailing about Babylon B, Babylon B, you know, and I think Phil would love this. They put out something about the death of Phil. Robertson says, oh no, Phil Robertson greeted it heaven by twelve million angry ducks, and it shows him running from DUTs at the Golden Gate at the Golden on the Golden streets with the pearly gates behind him. So anyway, great man, great legacy. And you know the few times that and I got to see him preach more than once. Of course he was always preaching, but more than once, and every time we had him on the show back in the Rick and Bubba days, it was always huge. Everybody loved it. But I was at an event and I will tell you this it was and now this is this is quite a compliment, even though the difference is we never saw John the Baptist have the testimony that Phil Robertson had. But once Phil was redeemed, and as Jesus told us, those of us and I would include myself on that that have an incredible debt that we owed. You know, if somebody forgives you for ten dollars, you owe them, I mean, you're thankful. But if somebody forgives you for millions of dollars that you owe them, you're grateful. And those of us that have been forgiven of horrible amounts of sin. We tend to once we've been redeemed, you know, we're awful grateful. And Phil Robertson certainly was. But he reminded me of the things you read about John the Baptist. I mean, he literally always looked like he walked right out of the wilderness. He had a Bible that was gigantic, and it was tattered, and it had notes in it and things that he was inspired by, and he would just walk in I'm talking about you bit a banquet. That's what I saw, like a fundraiser or something, and I forget what organization it was, and everybody was dressed, you know, suits, and all I did was just introduce him that night. He still had his camo on and whatever, and he just took that huge Bible and just walks up and just goes wamn it, just puts it on the podium and he just starts talking about the Bible. And then when he's done, he just takes it and shuts.
Speaker 5: It and then just walks off.
Speaker 1: I mean, he doesn't go back to a seat. Done is all right, I'm out, and uh, I'm gonna leave it with you. And it was it was always a powerful thing to see. So he was really something.
Speaker 3: You've talked about it. And it's just known that men have such a tough time on finishing well. So many latent lives they just they just throw it all away or do something, and they just remembered for that last big, huge mistake and they didn't finish well. But he finished well well.
Speaker 1: He finished so well that you have to be told about the man he was prior to his encounter with Jesus, because the man after Jesus became so much more impactful that you you almost can't believe the man he once was. And that's why it's supposed to be. That's transformation, yep. And as we have said many times, if we haven't been transformed by redemption, if if we haven't been transformed by Jesus, Jesus is not the problem because he is in the transformation business, and the power that is available in him transforms all who abide in him, no doubt, and he was a great example of that. It was just it was an incredible run. And I know that when you see people who love the Lord as much as him, I just I just think about what it's like when they're finally standing in his presence, you know, and all this Alzheimer's mess and all the problems of the falling creation and our falling bodies have gone away. And like even the Apostle Paul said, is as much as we can with our finite minds, as much as we try. And I don't think anybody was pressing on and straining any harder than the Apostle Paul to know everything you could possibly know about the Lord that had transformed his life. And even he said, but even on my best day, I still can only see it cloudy because of the.
Speaker 5: I have limits right now.
Speaker 1: But one day, one day, when all this is away, it won't be dim to me anymore. I'll see him clearly and I'll completely see it and experience it all. And and boy, when when you think about when that day comes, that's a you know, like like Phil always preach, it's either going to be a day that you run to or it's going to be a day that you cower in fear and say, h oh, I mean one or the other. Yeah, what do you used to say, Greg, Turn or burn? Turn? Burn? I think that, yeah, you gotta turn or you're gonna burn. The one thing I love what time I saw when he would do little things like that. I always find it interesting that people don't believe that Jesus ever walked this earth. They're keeping time by him. Your time is based on a man you don't even believe in a lot of it's a pretty common sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember the first time somebody told me about their show and I'm like, what what are you talking about? That Like, oh, no, you need to check this out. Yeah yeah, And that's that's back in the early time when they were all just sitting around at their desks and they're all making them, making the calls, shooting the bowl.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, this is something else.
Speaker 1: Who was the guy we had on that was on there to probably like yeah, remember him? And he got I got to make.
Speaker 2: Fun of him talking about Mountain Man.
Speaker 1: Is that what he went by?
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, he is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I keep warning, I keep warning. I know things are going well. Have you seen the stock market today? Looks good. I know we're winning, I got it, but there's still a lot out there. And if you think the left is just going to give up of trying to turn this country into what they want they're not going to give up. And what do you need? You got to have information. Blaze TV is worth every single penny. We're talking about eight dollars a month for you to have access on demand to true and best negative journalism, own demand documentaries that put a little light in the darkness of the deep state. You have true journalism, you got the real information, you've got people looking out making sure the government doesn't overstep, and you can get it on your time to any device. At eight dollars a month. Blaze TV now more valuable than ever. Yes, there's some burds show stuff there. Yes, we've got a new podcast there, Strange Encounters. It's all there right now. We're going to get to twenty bucks off the annual plan for Blaze TV if you go to BlazeTV dot com, slash Rick, BlazeTV dot com, slash Rick, Blaze TV, Unfiltered, Unafraid and on demand. All right, So a couple things that we need to run down two. First of all, dealing with the war in Ukraine. It looks like that Putin has has gone to little bonkers right now. You know, he's getting funded by China pretty good. And boy, they're cranking out the drones. Now they say that they're now like they've they've financed Putin where he can crank out hundreds of drones a day. At one time, I think they were saying it would take him a month to do one hundred. Now they're cranking out maybe three hundred a day, something like that. I don't know if that's true or not. They've had a drone attack on Ukraine. They've killed some more people and launched that and now even Trump is going, hey, Putin, he's uh, he's out of control right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Puutine I knew I could, I could somewhat communicate with him. Now he's he's kind.
Speaker 1: Of lost it a little bit. So he's he's defying Trump now and and continues he refuses to stop with what's going on in Ukraine. So that that is a big story today.
Speaker 3: You know, in the drones, they're saying that that North Korea, China, and Iran are really helping him, all three of them, right, Yeah, push those drones out.
Speaker 1: So of course that has that feel of world war. But uh, but anyway, we'll we'll see where that goes. But that isn't up day today. Three more have been captured from the fugitives FuG fugitives ricks but it out there would chuck that. All escaped from the New Orleans uh jail. So ten of them got out, and now eight of them have been brought back. Two still out, two remain. I wonder what the two are doing that the other eight did not do. Uh yeah, they had a little better plan, it doesn't It doesn't look like that the two have much hope the way they're bringing them in. But there's still two out there. So eight of the ten have now been brought in from the original escapees. So we've captured everybody, it looks like except for and and Tone and Tone.
Speaker 2: Massy and Antoine and is.
Speaker 1: It Antwine Antoine t Massy And then it looks like Derek Groves still at large. Everybody else has been brought back in. Look out for Antoine and Derek. They're still out there. Antoine greg is surprising because he's the one that we thought would have the toughest time hiding because Antoine's got that stuff all over his face. Oh he's the one with all that again today's world, he can blend a lot of face tattoo. Yeah yeah, And they said one time that I believe that they you know, you look out and you see him. If he's blending in now with these face tattoos, you know, you just never I mean, you're right, maybe not. They arrested jelly Row and realized who it was. I'm sorry, you were looking at you, Yes, And they got post malone and put him in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, they said that they missed him. He was standing between jelly Row and Post. He just kind of blended in. Are they still saying that the inside job there's paper in trouble. Sure.
Speaker 3: I think there was one arrested and maintenance work I forget, yeah, away from last week. It was someone. Yeah, that that they have got into the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: They've arrested three people, by the way that are accused of assisting these escapees, including one of the Grandma's excuse me, grandmother of escape New Orleans inmate arrested. They arrested Connie Weed in fifty nine. She's accused of helping Jermaine Donald, who's still on the run at the time of this article. I think he's been captured at this point. She sent him cash on a on a cell phone app. They don't like it when you do that, they don't like it. That's a felony.
Speaker 1: So there we go. So Antwine and Derek still out there. Everybody else has been brought back in and like Adlers said and Speedy said, and people who helped him, everybody's in trouble.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they'll get to him.
Speaker 5: Look, you can't. You can't help people escape.
Speaker 2: You're not to do that that.
Speaker 3: They want you to keep them in because you know, I guess if you're looking for them, you start with relatives, people they know, and because I guess you would think, hey, they're going to contact somebody they know for help. Maybe these two remaining have not done that.
Speaker 1: Is it true? And this was early in the story that they got one back quick because he was posing on Facebook with like.
Speaker 3: That's gonna get you called buddy he went out today? Yeah yeah, either that or are they returned to gangs and they're kind of keeping them that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows. They could be. Also some some other things going on as far as world news today as you're getting getting started, So German, Germany's chancellor has said that they have ended weapons range limits for Ukraine, despite the Russians continuing to you know, rattle the old nuclear saber.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're saying that they're going to do no limits as far as range with the weapons they are providing for Ukraine, so that that's going to stir up a little bit. And then Trump UH is UH is going to gamble and trying to normalize relations with Syria in the face of Iran.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 1: He's calling this a high risk, high rewar ward attempt. So Syria is a mess. Trump has said that, but but now he's kind of changing. At one time said we should have nothing to do with it. Now he's thinking, because of all the issues with Iran and their influence that may be trying to normalize relations with Syria might turn out to be something good for the country as far as that ongoing conflict.
Speaker 5: But again, high risk, high reward.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the one of the bigger stories that's gone viral the French president they him and the French First Lady were visiting Vietnam over the weekend, and viral video of I guess it looks like the first lady hand pushing his face like it was behind the door, and it's like like some type of it looks it looks alter k of some kind double double pushes.
Speaker 2: Him in the Yeah, he realized what happened, and then he's like, oh, hello world.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's like it was some type of disagreement and now he has played it off to where it's not a big deal. Wasn't anything domestic of any kind, But it looks like they're in somehow argument and it's the very uncomfortable moment. He is really tried to go on the offense and downplay it.
Speaker 1: Boy, those of you that haven't seen it, you know, it's if you're married, you look at it in a whole different way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's happening. Things are very bad. Yeah yeah, that's never happened in my life. So that's very bad.
Speaker 1: I want to look happy because she's still mad. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't know who this is. That a security person, the woman who tries to ease over there and block too, but it's too.
Speaker 2: Yes, the flight attendant. People are like, hey, you awkward.
Speaker 1: It looks like he said something she didn't line and she was trying to push it back around. It looks just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it looked like it was a two hand push. Yes it was.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Shut your mouth.
Speaker 1: You shut up, you smart elect. You're just going out there and uh so there we go. Top of the hour, will come back. Speedy's trip this past weekend, will jump into that.
Speaker 2: Of course, she was almost forty and he was fifteen when they met.
Speaker 1: And wow, oh I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: That is weird your grandmother. Thanks for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: I'm very strong and wiry.
Speaker 4: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Right now in theaters everywhere. The last Rodeo was there. Neil McDonough, great actor. Do y'all love Neil? I mean, he's one of those actors. If he's in something, I'm gonna watch it. So he plays an aging rodeo star. It's about healing broken bonds, facing the past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people that you love. Uh he's coming back from one last ride to help save his grandson. He's a retired rodeo legend who becomes the oldest writer to ever enter the arena. Have you seen it yet? Great movie? It's out now, it's in theater, so if you haven't seen it, do it. It's it's raw, it's heartfelt. I don't know. I think i've seen the Little screening thing they send us, I think it might bring it to her. To Greg, you know, he is about the rodeo as long as George tra is not playing. So so go right now to Angel dot com slash Rick, Angel dot com slash Rick to grab your seats for the last rodeo in theaters. Now, that's Angel dot com slash Rick. Alright, he so speedy. You had an active weekend, our old friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all, y'all got everybody all'll just I'm talking about stressed out with you in your flight, worrying.
Speaker 1: It was awful. I didn't like well, when you're talking about commercial airline. Now, I was really feeling much better about it when I realized that, you know, American had direct flights to where you needed to go. That help.
Speaker 5: That's big. Yeah, that's real big.
Speaker 1: And if they could just take off, then you're you're pretty much okay. I was. I was where I really struggled. I thought you might make the game. I did not did not think you would make the hockey game.
Speaker 5: I did not. Hockey is it called a match? Is it a game?
Speaker 3: It's a game?
Speaker 1: I don't know this. You come back from one hockey game by one Jersey Sudden. You're an expert on hockey.
Speaker 2: The bulls come on right, cocky rink.
Speaker 1: I think you kind of mojo the stars, but we won't get into that.
Speaker 3: I did mojo. I don't think I did. I didn't say one thing about them winning the game.
Speaker 1: You said we're gonna fly on, They're gonna win.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you this, I don't know what's wrong with us. I don't know why we always have to get something on somebody, but we do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: J C had never flown before, and so and thank y'all for letting me just slide out a little early because that that was that was instrumental in getting us out on time. Because the only flight that I could find that would get us there that was non stop was American Airlines and it was their American Eagle smaller plane, which you had everybody worried about. And and so we get there and we're kind of pressing a little bit, and I tell j C, do you know the scanners that you have to like put everything in the bucket and and and it kind of goes through. I told him that you have to lay down and it sends you through the like, so you started climbing up on the So you get it. You get in line at the T s A line and you know those ziggs snake you through the line and your way back and I'm like, live there that they're the big m R machines are right there, and he goes really, I said yeah, And so his whole time he's thinking he's got to lay down. So they got a scan. I said, yeah, they got a scan. You make sure that nobody's got anything on.
Speaker 2: Great dad moment and then fantastic.
Speaker 3: And then as they got closer, he said, well, why is everybody why? Why why are they why are they taking their stuff out and putting it in in the in the little buckets. Well, they're not going through no no, I said, well, they they've flown before, it's just first time or so. And then gets closer he realizes he's got I've got him. Yeah, yeah, and uh, I think he never really bought it, but he was always suspicious of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But we get through T. S A no issues. We both have the had the star I D or whatever you call it another state mark and Alabama it's it's the storm you mean the mark. Yeah, and uh, and so we get in there and it's a little crammed. Uh for American eagle. Uh, it'll be crammed. And Jesse he's six fourish six three six four, he's a big boy, and said them knees, you know they oh yeah, but I was able to capture her.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's just the sound of of us, just nat sound inside the plane. But that a lot of this was from mom. Okay she wanted. Of course I documented, and so I videoed us taking off and his reaction language, Yeah, he's love it. And also I don't know what's wrong with me. I said, Hey, a lot of people pass out when they take off. And I said, I said, so you want to tighten him legs so that you know?
Speaker 1: Of course, did you look over and have squats all time? Love stuff like that first time flyer jokes is just a blast. Yeah, but it's your son.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is about j C. But remember one of his coaches shout out to coach Blake Lewis. He had shin splints one time and he coach told him if he slept in his shoes, way he started trying to sleep in his shoes so good. Uh so but no he he he enjoyed himself. So we we uh, we take off on time. You know, I would love to come here. I wouldn't love, you know, and go and dog the airlines. I gotta tell you, American was on time on this flight. They were on time going and coming back.
Speaker 5: What a blessing.
Speaker 3: And matter of fact, coming back that the pilot said, I'm not bragging. I'm just telling you this. We're leaving out a little early. They've given us the green line.
Speaker 1: I love. It never happened to me in a thousand years.
Speaker 3: So I have not really dove into the uber world, I guess just because when traveling we either always driving what haven't really needed them, you know. And and so I worried Adler a little bit about it because I was actually he locks in on something and conversation and uh and so we land and I was just asking him some things and and we land at Dallas Fort Worth, and the big discussion is, all right, what do we What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 3: You want to go back to the hotel and though check ins not till three, it's like one o'clock, or do you just want to go grab something to eat and uber there and then just make our way to the hotel, and we both agreed. It was lunchtime. We were starving and a good friend of mine, Ron Herring, suggested Hard eight Barbecue. Had Drake, a former friend of the still friend of the show, but he played anymore. Yeah, Kevin Drake. You know he played for the Cowboys. He played for the Cowboys, so he knows Dallas.
Speaker 1: And what do you say?
Speaker 3: He said, you ain't going wrong for heart with heart A He said you need to go there, and I mean go there immediately.
Speaker 1: By the way, Adam, I.
Speaker 5: Want you to know.
Speaker 1: And I'm so sorry, buddy, because I know you had a lot on you. I pretended to know nothing about Uber because I was afraid that that speedy would lock in.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's a conversation. It's just called a conversation. Have you ever used it? And that's all it is. Nobody's worrying to anybody. It's it's friends talking.
Speaker 2: It's friends talking. You feel a little bit like your travel agent, but that friends talking.
Speaker 3: Well, if I've done something, y'all have and I hope you can. Hey, what was it like?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll remember that, right, So you you told uber all Thanks to Adler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so easy. I mean, you're right, it was so easy. It was like, where are you blah blah blah, there's your choice up, here's your choices. I am four minutes out. Uh and and Adler. I even did what you did when we landed. I tried to see how long they were, and so I waited until we got out, because you don't want them waiting on you and all that.
Speaker 1: You got to watch that.
Speaker 3: So we come on out, we jump in. We even tell the driver where we're going, and he was bragging, y'all gonna love this, don't.
Speaker 5: You love a pleasant drive?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And you walk up and you get all that you want? Well, yeah, you can. You can get whatever you want to. I can get this multiple Yeah, so you know which one you're going after?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, boy, let me tell you that's quite a link.
Speaker 1: Look at the sages. What kind of soup is that I'm looking at? Potie?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I didn't o there, Greg.
Speaker 2: That's funny you mentioned that at the front of the sign at this place says soup of the day shiner buck.
Speaker 1: Okay, enterest shiner buck, which is a beer? Oh is it?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I'm yeah, it's all over Texas. Shiner is like we Ago Speed, it's everywhere Shiner. You were in the ninth grade.
Speaker 5: You were in the ninth grade and you left Texas. You shouldn't know about.
Speaker 3: The beer there everywhere, the brand Brandy and the hard eight is is Rodeo and and all that. That's eight eight seconds anyway. So they had all kinds of stuff. So you know what I gotta do. I can't just order. I got to add the ask the pitmask.
Speaker 1: Which would you do? Which one would you do? Hold? Yeah, well, don't tell me that. That's my favorite part of that.
Speaker 3: And he looked, he looked, and he said, I would get to bee rips and that's and I said, really he said, he said, yeah, can.
Speaker 1: You get more than one? I mean, do you have to go up? What if you want to surceage and.
Speaker 3: You can get whatever you can get? What I know you're going to get that connect of sausage about a foot long.
Speaker 1: I know you get that. That's dog.
Speaker 3: But you can get anything.
Speaker 1: You will look behind you. Oh yeah, I know, so I said.
Speaker 2: He said, here's brisket.
Speaker 3: He said, also get brisket and smoked turkey.
Speaker 1: What are you trying to be a you trying what kind of what kind of actually, what kind of is he from?
Speaker 2: What was he from?
Speaker 3: I guess he was from Dallas.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's where are you trying to?
Speaker 2: You trying to sound like what location? You trying from Mexico?
Speaker 1: He was from?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, because I thought maybe Ireland or Afghanist.
Speaker 1: Could have been. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He said, he said, you get meat here.
Speaker 1: Nice, uh, and so we got He suggested me to be the real you want.
Speaker 3: He was getting brisket. Yeah, and we got a little bit too blocked because then you go inside and then he goes mac and cheese inside and that's.
Speaker 1: The worst attempt at that accent i've ever You'll.
Speaker 3: Get coach law, but tato salad.
Speaker 1: So the.
Speaker 3: Meat, yeah, yeah, So you go in, you get your meat, and then you go inside and they.
Speaker 1: Just said.
Speaker 3: Meat is what you eat, right, Okay, So the Burgess boys don't have to look at it. We're gonna kicking each other and you get your meat outside.
Speaker 1: Say anything.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Closes. So speeding your trip to Dallas with your son for his college graduation. The flights went smoothly, You've ubered, You've eaten at this wonderful place. But I can't help but hear a cash register.
Speaker 5: In the background.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, And I mean, I know, I know how you are about money. Hey, I know, Okay, are you all right?
Speaker 3: N well, yeah, I mean it was the great. It was a great.
Speaker 1: You have to let your your cheapness go and just say this is my son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheap couldn't go on this on trip.
Speaker 5: People can't take this.
Speaker 3: I had to leave him at home, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: That make you uncomfortable? You just could you be peaceful about it?
Speaker 3: I hadn't looked just you know, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Right now I'm thinking that.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about Greg right now.
Speaker 1: We got flights, we got tickets to go see a playoff game Stanley Cume. Proud of them, so proud of Thember. And now we're eating at hard eight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now Uber, I mean, it's the Uber. It's the way to go, no doubt, because rental car with big hassle and go put you that and going in.
Speaker 1: I told j C.
Speaker 3: This this is an in and out trip. This is not I wish we could stay all weekend and enjoy Dallas and go see this, that, and this is in and out. We're on a mission, we're landing, we're going to a game, we're coming home the next day. That that's just the way it is. And so he knew that going in just the way it is. We I was. I was very surprised with how nice all the Uber drivers were. I'd heard stories about you don't get the wrong guy. What everybody seemed extremely kind tells you about that.
Speaker 5: That's everybody trying to be sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like if one guy wouldn't let in his vehicle, that's all. Yeah, it's like social media. They only show you certain things. And so when it comes to anything you're doing, no one tells you all the great experiences to have. They got to tell you that bad one about that serial hill. That's yeah, you get you get thrown in an alley one time, and you take all your money.
Speaker 5: Now, nobody wants to ride with Uber, right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So now we've eaten way too much, and we even get in the stomach. We even get in the car and we're like, oh, boy, probably shouldn't eat that much because we got.
Speaker 1: A long day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we so good. I'm not bragging.
Speaker 3: This is just the way it was. We time down the hotel, check in perfectly. As we enter downtown, we start small talking and is we were the whole the whole way a lot longer the boy Dallas traffic, good night Alive. We were doing the best we could and it took thirty five minutes to get to get to our hotel. But we're about twenty minutes prior to check in, and I'd talk to jac about, you know, you want to try to squeeze anything else in or is this all about the game or whatever. But as we as we're going to the hotel, I look over and I'm like, that's there's Daley Plaza right there.
Speaker 8: There we go here he goes, and the driver said, yes, multiple shooters, it's only a half moth and uh And I say, okay, well, well so do you want what Let's just get checked in and then kind of have an hour to to kind of take a deep breath and you know, drop our bags and all this kind of stuff, and then we'll kind of play it out.
Speaker 3: So we looked at each other and we're like, well, you know, if we're just going to uber around, why not walk down to Daley Plaza and experience that and just uber to the game from there. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 1: We we plan.
Speaker 3: So we got it. Now here's the here's the issue though, if you're going into a hockey game and that they not being not being it to a hockey game at the NHL level, but going to the Birmingham Bulls or the Huntsville Havoc or stuff like that. You know, it is cooler in there, and so you have to bring clothes or layer if you get cold, because if you're close to the ice, it'll get it, you know, fifty eight to sixty degrees the entire game. And so I had to kind of I'm like, well, I'm gonna grab a light hoodie.
Speaker 1: Rabbit brought it with you or bought one you no grabbed, I grabbed. I grabbed it. I packed it, No way packed it.
Speaker 3: So you know, you get a little you get a little warm on the wall. But we get to deal plaza and and and JC got to experience that. There was he stood, he stood, He stood on the first X and uh, Lee Harvey, the window for Lee Harvey Oswalt is right here.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so the trees uh. And even a couple of years ago when I went the trees had grown up a little bit, but they keep on getting a little bit higher, so it's tough to see the angle, but that there's two xes in the road. That's the first X. And so we're there and then we're hanging out and then we uber to the game, and we get to the game and we go to the uh the I think it's is that the hangar?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah here, yeah, I think I think Third Down is a video I took. It's kind of a three sixty of us standing.
Speaker 1: Now. Did j C like this part?
Speaker 3: He liked it because he was like, oh my goodness, dad, you know, and I kind of talked to him about it. We were focused more on the game. No, because we didn't stay. We didn't stay there long. Wed only stay there probably fifteen No, it's just I mean, it's just you're there, you see it. It's not you can't go inside. It's just you're there. So then you leave, you know. It was look, I would I would have hated to be that close and and and him never have got to experience that.
Speaker 2: When it's it's not one you stay for a long time.
Speaker 5: I bet if Adam had been there longer and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: We would be staying on the grassy knoll. I'd have you stay on the X. I'd see easy and.
Speaker 5: Then you're then you're gonna get a monolog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: I know about both the conspiracy of.
Speaker 2: It on right, military industrial conflicts.
Speaker 1: That phrase when that phrase comes out.
Speaker 2: Well intelligence, intelligence community.
Speaker 3: This latest was a congressman or senator that came out of that hearing was like, hey, the the the doctor said there was multiple yes, wounds from different angles and stuff. It just makes you think. But anyway, I took video of us standing there and then then now it's all about let's get to the game. Uh. And we knew when the he knew when the lawn, he knew when the doors were opening, and and everything and so full experience. Oh yeah, you kidding me. But the experience is something I have not experienced at a at a sporting event.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: With the sun celebrating the graduation. Son has become a big hockey fan, the Dallas Stars. His team Speedy of course is he says, he left cheap Speedy at home. You have to if you're don't make this trip happen and see, I know yeah, and don't even look speedy because we haven't even got to the to the game. Now, now you're at the game, and let me tell you, all of us know this. If you've gone to a college or a professional sporting event, they are they they're just waiting to grab every single dime from you they possibly can every They're playing on your emotions and your devotion to your teams, and they're ready to hit you as hard as they possibly can financially.
Speaker 5: And it is ugly.
Speaker 1: It's so, it is super super ugly, just absolute ugliness.
Speaker 3: Yep, you call them moment. You can't. You just can't.
Speaker 1: You can't worry about that, as Dad would say, No, yeah, so so you've you've oh my gosh, okay, he's just looked at it. Oh my, speedy, pretty bad flights.
Speaker 2: What you're looking at?
Speaker 5: No good?
Speaker 2: Non, so add that to it.
Speaker 1: I got so I got flights, including in that. Now it's just tickets, I say about flash tickets. It was a little bit there before that. But so we're looking probably at about but I know, I know, without you telling me anything, you step inside that arena, it's ugly in there.
Speaker 3: For cheap people, it is ugly. And I don't think I'm cheap. I just don't think I do. I'm wasteful spending, but like.
Speaker 1: You know, get y'all paint your face or anything like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I think he for some reason, I don't know why, but him and a couple of his teammates adopted the Dallas Stars as their their hockey team.
Speaker 5: We don't know why.
Speaker 3: I don't know why why.
Speaker 1: I do kind of be thankful they didn't grab some Canadian team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, and so here we so here we go, and this is that's that's it was the last spur of the moment type of trip, which sometimes are the best. And so we're in and out and and so we make it to the game and we're a little early. He wanted to go buy the Hangar, which is their pro shop, and start looking a jersey and yeah, and you know what I realized until and not till that point, is different sports adopt different things as far as merchandise and stuff like that. You know, you go to a baseball game, you're gonna buy a hat and a T shirt every nine and then you might see a jersey here or there, but it's not everybody. You go to a football game, it's very similar a hat, a T shirt, something like that, maybe a jersey or two. Uh, and that's it. But in hockey it's jersey, jersey, jersey. Get you put a jersey on, jersey, it is jersey. And if you are traveling in like Edmonton Oilers were, they all have jerseys on. There's no doubting who's for who. So if you got to have a jersey on, so uh, going in, he he knew that he wants ranting in is one of the guys that plays for the Dallas Stars. He wanted that jersey, and you can't find them. They stay sold out every time they have one. There's yeah, but yeah, he's he's one of the main ones. And so we go outside and sure enough they're sold out. They got a slew of other jerseys. And but he went over smart. He went over and and befriended one of the employees, just small talking and and they said, hey, there's a couple. There's six other pro shops inside the arena. There's one that has them. Because I know we just made some. So he said, when you go in, network, he said, when you go in, you don't look left or right, you go straight there they're going to be gone. So so we get in line, and you're the dad, you have to come through and get this.
Speaker 1: So we get his back like when he was little, and you're like, he's got to meet the bread barrel.
Speaker 3: It's like he became a little kid again. And so we get in line a little early. Uh, and we get in line with all the other fanatics and and they all start their chanting and stuff, and they're serious about it, and they'll call each other out like Edmonton Oiler's people were there there like in each other's face, like dogging each other and talking over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that means just that's the fun of it. Yeah, if you don't hate your opponent, why be there?
Speaker 3: Right, So we get in and the plan was is that he goes to one shop and he goes I said, there's no reason for both of us to go to say one, I'm going to the other one, and that they we had told had them. So we split up, and sure enough, he finds one and I'm like, okay, all all this could we found a jersey? So it hurt a little bit. They have three tiers of jerseys.
Speaker 2: Three tiers. They have the price tiers.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, So like they have the let's just call the hives, and I'm just kind of gonna the price is a little bit. Let's just say the one fifty version. There is no other verse one fifty. That's the cheapest.
Speaker 2: That's achieves, that's entry level.
Speaker 1: That's the chief Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're pressing on the number there, and we're pressing on the dame.
Speaker 2: You're paying one hundred and fifty bucks for an iron on tea.
Speaker 3: Correct, but it doesn't look I mean they're well made. The next version is about let's say two seventy five, and they're sown on. Okay, and then you've got the close to five hundred version, and that is close. We make these for the players, like these are like legit.
Speaker 1: What they wear on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now the others are good and and so the only version they had in there was the middle one. And so you are so glad, Yes, so you find the player he wanted, Yes, and so that he found the writing in Jersey, and so good you didn't you didn't entry level. If they would have had that, I would have I would have I would have looked for it. But really, because this is a gift to him. It was, Hey, what are you what are you looking.
Speaker 2: For once in a lifetime trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was actually in college.
Speaker 1: Pretty big deal. Yeah, that's what right?
Speaker 3: Not only that, hey, graduating finance already have a job.
Speaker 1: Come so we're celebrated, right right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Sure, and so we find that and then we make I'm gonna tell you when we got in there, I had not I thought I knew what it was going to be like. And I want to make sure I'm not over exaggerating here because I know how y'all are sure, guys, I had not experienced anything like it. And now understand I stateum, guy, not to say what a statement in the uf L. I mean, I know, I'm not. I'm not bragging. That's just I've been around some big sporting events. I know u f L now that that's hard to beat. Yeah, but I mean that's that's a blast on the college level.
Speaker 1: But your years with the Titans, you're saying, this is more electricity than the Titans have.
Speaker 3: It's when it comes to the Super Bowl, when it comes to sports. I had not experienced this type of energy.
Speaker 1: I hadn't.
Speaker 3: Wow, I hadn't. And this is this is I mean, and this is how they bring them out. I mean this is insane. I mean it's yes.
Speaker 1: JC just stoked.
Speaker 3: He's so excited.
Speaker 1: That's all you have to keep telling yourself.
Speaker 2: Thousand yeah, and they're ten thousand dollars worth of member.
Speaker 3: He is, he is, he is, and and this is just lasers going. They even had they had warnings, oh, crank this up right here, Rick coming, I mean I mean so that they started. I mean they're going nuts. He would shut.
Speaker 1: Stars and here come here come the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everybody's going nuts. I mean it is, it is crazy. And he said, he told me, he said, do you know Dad that the front line for the Dallas Stars, everybody is from Finland, the entire front line, the Fins, the Fins. But they come out. Of course they get shut out, and that hurt.
Speaker 1: Never never know that hype in the never Never your.
Speaker 2: Jobs didn't get to cheer on a school you talking about it, didn't have.
Speaker 1: Said, came up there and to spank that rear end three zo o.
Speaker 2: No, I cannot know that till this moment right now.
Speaker 3: Speed you cannot have one thing.
Speaker 1: You thought you could have something starts are gonna wina.
Speaker 3: So there's three periods in hockey. For those of you don't know, twenty minute breaks between each period minute. Yeah, so they go in zamboni. You don't understand the zamboni, the cardio and the stress on the bodies until you're there and you see what's going on when you understand the twenty minute breaks. Uh. And so during the breaks, everybody goes out and you know, if they're drinking, they get a beer, or they go and to get more merchandise, and or they just hang out and walk around. They sit in the seats and there's any entertainment, and I know, you see different things going on. Y'all were so.
Speaker 1: Full from Hard eight. You didn't you didn't concession at all?
Speaker 3: Well we did. We we went, We went concession and we just there was longlines. But they had a little section that was personal pan pizzas I knew, and so we went there and knowing it was about nineteen dollars a pea, I think I got. I got two bottled waters and two pizzas, and I think it was forty nine dollars. But cheap Speedy was in Birmingham be dead. Ye, yes, he was waiting on you though. So we come out a little dejected, because we just got shut out three nothing that pizza and everybody. Everybody's mad and and all that, and but we're home, but we're hungry, and it's leaning on eleven. I'm about to see sticks now. I'd gotten up at two three am the next yer prior. But I mean, I'm still going. I Am not going to get hotel because of me, because you're a hard roller.
Speaker 1: I don't we need we need to all take on the mentality. You got to be a hard roller, right And if this is a gift that the couple and got back at.
Speaker 3: It, this is a gift for my son. I'm not going to cut the night short because I'm toird. No, let's go. What do you want to do next? He goes, Man, I'm starving.
Speaker 5: Did you passed out?
Speaker 1: Can be hungry? Well?
Speaker 3: This is long game. The guy game started at seven. It's almost eleven, okay, And so he goes, how you feel about dead? There's an authentic Ramen restaurant around the corner. What do you feel about that? It's a I got I got to be honest, I don't really care. I'm hungry. Let's just go. So we go to an authentic Ramen restaurant and and uh do you think you think he had to order for me?
Speaker 1: What speed?
Speaker 5: He went into a Ramen place? You didn't know.
Speaker 1: First thing was, now, j C, what are you getting? I know, I don't know if I want? Yeah, what are you gonna get? Well, don't get down now. J C is in his element. So I said, I tell you what. I'm gonna go to the restroom order. I don't care what, just order for me.
Speaker 3: He goes, Dad, I think you just need to go some chicken because he knew Greg like Joe simple and and and he said, I'm just gonna make it simple for you. And this is him explaining it to me here he I'm like, okay, what what do I do?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: What do I do?
Speaker 1: What is this? Sun? It's real Robin.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately we've just been shut out three nothing, So this was the only win in the night. Yeah right, good, Yeah, worrying about forn of dolls and.
Speaker 1: But you know I didn't give that away.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'm not thinking about that, No, not even a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Chis's already going to bed.
Speaker 3: So now now we finally got back to the hotel for a quick nap, and I mean a quick nap and we're up and the next morning and you got me worried to death about getting back to the Stallion's game. We have a seven am flight, but will it be on time? I'm checking weather. I got to get back to go to work.
Speaker 1: You do, We'll be back. So, Speedy, did you get back in time? I did? The final phase of this recap, Speedy attempts to go to take his son as a gift for graduating from college and already having a job in finance, which was his major and his degree. They go to see the Dallas Stars fly over Friday. Got to get back by what time.
Speaker 3: Was the kickoff for the UFL It was at two pm Central?
Speaker 5: Two pm Central time?
Speaker 1: Yes, because Speedy is the hot man for the Stallions of the UFADIA three time champion. Uh and so did you You got up?
Speaker 5: And what happened?
Speaker 3: We got up? And again it was it was probably four hours, maybe four and a half. And I told in JC, I mean twenty three years old. I mean, it's not like he's had an experienced life. And he so he knew it was gonna be He's gonna be hurting a little bit, sure, I said, but this is this is this is the time of the trip where it's not fun and that.
Speaker 1: All the fund's over all, the fun is over. And Edmonton took a little bit of our fun, right and they made us like it. They did they and so did all the other.
Speaker 3: Fans that came from Madmonton. They really made you like it. And they'll get in your faced. Fans are not afraid to let you know how they feel.
Speaker 1: Now. Any any sport that includes fighting, yeah, there's going to have rowdy fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we had a couple of those in the game. Nothing nothing like major, but there was there was a couple of dust ups. But so it was like, hey, we got to get up and get there or everything else is thrown off. We can't have drama on the trip, you know.
Speaker 2: Did they at least win a fight? Like, was there a fight that they won on any good fight?
Speaker 3: No, there was not. There There was a couple of like and this is my video here, there was a couple of times I saw it brewing and and I'm like, okay, I'm want to roll this for the show so we can capture a fight, and and it just never escalated. There was a there was some of course, some penalties and some power plays and some four on fours and stuff like that, but it was nothing made to follow.
Speaker 1: Follow I could, and.
Speaker 3: I already I knew. I knew going in that I would. There might be a few things. I sing sometimes I'm a little confused on that offside. But I got the off sides. I got the blue line and all that. But but so we wake up and we we walked downstairs because I knew the Uber guy said it was only five minutes away, so I waited, uh, and here he pulls up. And when I got in, I knew he meant business, and I think it may be working that time of day. He knew we're going to the airport. I'm getting you there, got so there was no telling him to hurry up. Yeah, I mean we're like, here we go.
Speaker 1: He knows the deal. I gotta get catch my fly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Uber cars, I bed, Huh, you didn't press I didn't press the kind of I mean it was a it was a it was a five thirty pick up to get there by six flights at seven, and so we were what I was probably pressing a little much.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I hadn't been through Dallas for it worth in a long time. I don't know the airport situation.
Speaker 3: Here's what I did.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I woke up at four forty five and I checked I checked maps to see how long is it taken, and it said twenty five minutes to get to the airport. See, there was no major problems, and so jac slept about five ten and then and then I knew, you know, the Uber driver was about seven minutes away. So at five point twenty I ordered the driver. He pulls up at five twenty eight. We get in the car, and here we go, and we pull up at six o'clock, right on the game. But the other Uber cars I'd been in either the music was down or something just pleasant, really low. This one had Joe Rogan on and I think it's Amanda Knox, who was the girl that framed for the murder, and he was going to make sure you heard it, and he heard it and everybody heard it.
Speaker 1: Shocking.
Speaker 3: I'm well versed on that whole thing, how she was framed, and how she started a relationship with the prosecutor who ruined her life.
Speaker 2: The interrogation process, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So we get out up to date on a Man of Knox through Joe Rogan. But we go through TSA, no issues, get checked, You get checked through the gate, and we sit down and we don't sit there more than twenty minutes. They start boarding and uh, I guess maybe around six point fifty or so. The pilot even comes on and says the captain says, hey, I'm not bragging, but they've given us clearics to go ahead and start moving out. So I love We starts tagging head.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: And so I'm thinking, just please, no incident, no incident, no incident, Let's please, let's leave. Okay, We're up, We're up. We're in the air, okay, and it's a direct flight, so you're good now, right, And I'm thinking to myself, don't nobody act like a fool. Up to where we got to divert and turn around. He's taking a clothes off or something. Sure and uh and sure enough we land. Uh And Terry was at the mobile parking. She pulled up, and so she I texted her when we got out. She pulled up. We jumped in the car. I leave the truck here at the studio. Remember back on Friday, Long Time came by the studio. Uh, grabbed the truck, went home, had about an hour and a half to chill, and then I'm back out and I was at I was at Protective walking in get ready to get you up and uh ready ready yeah, and Uh. It wasn't until then that I talked to Taylor and UH and Davis and Ethan and Ellie and others a part of game day. They said, okay, we're gonna come clean. We were nervous we had followed what you had. And I was wondering why. Taylor texted me on Friday and said, hey, man, you good for tomorrow. She never does that sure.
Speaker 1: I said, well, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Why I'm come, I'm.
Speaker 3: Fine for you know. And and so I show up and we're ready to go, and and you made it. We Birmingham and Stallions and Birmingham and Stallions and and uh and it gets down to holding the Michigan Panthers out, uh for like I think four plays inside the ten, and the Stallions held them. And so they won regular season USFL Conference and now they have a playoff game on June eighth at two pm. They'll host Michigan again for the who represents the USFL and the UFL Championship game.
Speaker 1: I bet you're zankful for that.
Speaker 3: We are, We're very thankful.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So today May twenty seven, a lot of you know this. Of course, the guys in the room know this. This was the day, believe it or not, twenty years ago that William browner Burgess was born. With the year yeah, if you're new to the show, William Browner Burgess is my youngest child and number five of the five children that we have, and he of course died his earthly death at two and a half years old on January the nineteenth, two thousand and eight. So you know, today is the day that he was born, which was a day of incredible joy and incredible celebrations. I remember how much of a fun day that that was. And so you know, when you come around and these markers hit, you know, I can't imagine him at twenty twenty twenty if you can, I mean, so yeah, and there's been you know, for a child that only lived on this earth for two and a half years. You know, you have to you always as Sherry and I and our family. You know, Sherry said it best in her book about all this and if you never read it, I highly suggest that you do. Is that, especially if you've been through this. She has so much help in there from the source that matters God himself. He's never been silent on this kind of stuff, as Sherry researched and lays out beautifully in the book, and she's such a gifted writer. And so but anyway, one of the things that you have to is, and Sherry said this, I don't always like God's tactics and his plan, but I could never ever argue with the results. And we have seen that and the impact that it's had on us individually as people, you know, just crushed and having to be built back and going through just having to depend on God to Breathe probably brought us closer to God and strengthen our faith like nothing ever, nothing else we've ever experienced. It's not our only battle, but it was a very very hard one. And so you also have to trust. And this is something God has said over and over again. Some of you heard me say this. I said in the Bible study last Wednesday. When you think about Psalms Psalm one thirty nine thirteen to through sixteen, when there's an interesting comment here from David and what he knows about God. And as we know, David, you know, had a child that died also, And David is talking about where life begins and how God weaves us together inside the very womb of our mothers uh, and that while he's done that, he knows us fully and even knows the number of days. It says, every one of my days were written in your book before I was ever born, and you knew the number of them. So when you hear that, you're you realize that though Bronner's life might have been short on earth, as far as we're concerned, and God revealed this over and over and over again, it was it was perfect. We say it was short, but it was perfect. And the impact from this, this what happened with this child has I mean, it just continues, it continues to this day. I can't even wrap my mind around all God has done through this little life that wasn't here very long. So yeah, I think about him, and you can't help but go. I wonder what he would be like at twenty. But God has revealed to me so many times, and to Sherry, one of them was vivid. I remember, you know, whether you know this or not. And some of you that haven't experienced being a dad yet, I pray you get to. And one of the things if every dad was honest. I'm sure to moms to some degree, but always to dad's if we were honest, the first time you see your last name on the back of a little jersey, it's a big day. Yeah, it could be Tea baut but they're just something fun about it. And you probably experienced it seeing your grandson with the bird just on the back of his little jersey. Yeah, there's just something about that, you know. And so I was coaching and it was only a few months after Broner had gone to heaven, and I was it was that spring, and I was coaching coach pitch with one of my sons. It was it was Brodie. Yeah, And so I was on third and so Brody, you know, comes over from second and rounds at third and comes back to the base and he turns his back to me. So I see Burgess on the back of his jersey, and in that moment, and then these moments come and I thought, so I'll never see Broner play little ly, I want to experience that with him, and God, just, I mean, just in the comfort of the moment, just immediately in my spirit, I was reminded, well, if you believe what scripture says, and you have faith in the providence of God, Broner never was.
Speaker 4: Going to play little League.
Speaker 1: You didn't miss anything that was never going to happen. So and I and I thought, you know again, and I trust that what you do right. You know, I may never know to I stand before him the things and the grace and the mercy that God showed through all that.
Speaker 5: Who knows.
Speaker 1: All I know is that, as Job said, I my hope is only in him, and I trust what he does is right. And so but I'm also realizing that, you know, it was like I think. I think it was an interesting fine bomb gave me the chance to say that. And people sometimes will say, well, were you ever angry with God? And I can honestly say, and you for me say it in the past. No, I mean, I'm not just saying that because it's the right thing to say. Even though God's not afraid of our anger, He's not afraid of us, you know, asking questions that never that has never taken place ever. And the sad part that is sad is you know you think, well, I would have liked to have had twenty years with Ronner as of today. But I also know that if I want to be upset about anything, I'm upset that I as a as a individual, and this earth is so sinful that God allows these kind of things so he can get our attention. I hate that I'm so sinful that this is something that God knew I needed. So if I want to be upset about anything, I just have to be upset with myself because it certainly took me into places that nothing else would have taken me. And I've seen things happen through this that weren't going to happen any other way, and involving lots of people. So I have one of the things that we have been able to see, and they're all over the country, is all these different little boys named Bronner. And you know one of them, just Rees, is about six over six almost seven months old. That was if you do remember Fire Marshall Megan when she she worked here on the show. So she and her two sisters, they kept our kids.
Speaker 5: You know, they would want to get married. We go the next one that one get married.
Speaker 1: We go the next one, and Lindsey, the youngest one, said, if she ever had a son, because she took care of Broner and helped us with him. You know, we would go out on dates and all that, and they really connected. And she said, if I ever have a son, I'm gonna name Himronner. Well, she had two daughters, beautiful little girls, and they were waiting and waiting. So the years went by. Well, a little over six months ago she gave birth to their first son, and they named him Bronner, and she brought him. We got to see him right after he was born, but he actually came over to the house the other day and Sherry got to hold him and play with him. And I got home before they left and got to see him. And you know, I keep saying, one day, and we'll see when it is. I keep thinking, one day, if we can make it happen, how cool it would be. And I've said this before, but revisiting that to maybe have all these Bronners, of all these different ages, to maybe come down to the farm. I'd love to just have this big picture of all of them. And I don't know how many. I mean, we have somebody today I talked about their son named Bronner.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many there are, but it's a number of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, and so so it's that's a blessing too, just to watch that legacy of such a short earthly life that really reaches.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is continuing to have an impact. So twenty years ago today, that's uh, that little boy was given to us as an incredible gift, and I'm thankful to God for allowing me such a such a wonderful day twenty years ago. We'll be right back, Jake Tapper. It just must be weird the position that he's in. We prove over and over again that he was complacent.
Speaker 3: Uh and uh in.
Speaker 1: This false narrative that Joe Biden did not have any cognitive skills. Okay, Uh, and not complacent. It's not the word, is it, Juse, If you're complacent, I mean you're not doing it. I can't remember the word, but let's it complicit. That's the word going for. Yeah, And because complacent means you know, he didn't just kind of set around, so now who whatever? But yeah, I guess you could do either. But I know that all the English teachers out there will be sure we get it right. Jake Tapper now claims that Biden's health scandal cover up is worse than Watergate. I would agree that that the government has done a lot of things since Watergate that are worse than Watergate. It's just we've changed how much we care about these things. That's right. But he's now saying that does he does he think we're just gonna forget that he was involved in it? You were. Everybody keeps showing you this, even uncomfortably while you're on interview sometimes. So here here is here is talking about at the age of fifty six, and Jake Tapper talking about journalism.
Speaker 2: So this is like he's just woken up at the age of fifty six all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's saying what we've all been saying. And then he kept telling us we were wrong. Now now he just agrees with us and acted and acts like that never happened.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here we go.
Speaker 10: And I think that we need to be skeptical of everything that we are told by people in power. And I mean that obviously should be the mantra of being a journalist to begin with. If your mother tells you she loves you, get a second source. But we just need to remember that like politicians lie, white houses lie, power is an aphrodisiac, and we just need to all remember that and not take it face value anything that we're talking.
Speaker 3: Apparently journalists lie too.
Speaker 5: I can't even believe what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: That's like Nixon being like Watergate. This is nothing compared to Watergreate. You helped, you were in it. You shamed Laura Trump because she suggested that it wasn't a stutter. She said, you know, he might be declining a little bit, and he acted appalled and tried to shame her, and they perpetuated this lie. And now that Biden's out of power, he can't do anything to help them, and so they've turned their backs on him. It's all just phony.
Speaker 1: Don't don't forget. I don't forget the other little caveat there. I have a book to sell too and about it, and now I can make money off the very thing that I did. I'm now going to just I'm on shed light on the on what I was doing in my book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you believe this, I mean.
Speaker 1: So anyway, And it was Pierce Pierce Morgan that interviewed him that said that this this is this is a separate scandal, maybe even worse, maybe even worse than Watergate. So the cover up of Joe Biden's cognitive decline. And then everybody keeps playing I know there's a lot of clips of him, but they keep playing the clip of him getting upset with Trump's daughter in law because she said something about the stammering around of Biden. And then Tapper just makes up that Biden was a stutter all his life, which no one's ever said that, and no one's there, and it just gives her a hard time from me, even sce jesting that he's on cognitive decline and now has a book out saying that it's clear they were covering up the cognitive decline of the president. It's worse than Watergate. And and you know what, journalism is dead. We need to do journalism the way it was supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been trying to say.
Speaker 5: I can just.
Speaker 2: Like, whoope that clip from movies. Oh yeah, wooll be upset at journalists and the media for lying to her. You helped, you were part of that. You you you called anybody that was saying the opposite that you called us crazy, and conspiracy theorists and the White House called it cheap fakes. And it's just the gas lighting. Is I know that term is over us, Yes it is, but it is. I mean it smells like propane in here, the amount of gas lighting that's going on. My goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, and yeah, how about this, I'm gonna I'm done with being now upset about it. I'm just gonna say, well, thank goodness, now you're finally admitting And I understand all the hypocrisy of it and all that, but at least I gotta find some word to land. At least I can go, well, thank goodness, you find I feel better that you keep denying something.
Speaker 3: You're now admitting it, even though you're just trying to sell books. I get that's all right.
Speaker 1: Whatever it took for you to say it. I'm good with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know. Also a lot of people have been asking me speaking of things that are kind of intriguing right now. Of course, over in the podcast world, no one's bigger than Joe Rogan. Interesting to now watch this is the thing that I like about Joe Rogan. And you've talked about this before, Greg, And there's a lot of things that I disagree with, but that he's willing to investigate things like faith in Christ, and there seems to be you know, he's interviewed some he's sat down and listened to a lot of people say here's the evidence, because we do believe by faith, but that faith is also based on a huge body of evidence. Josh McDowell wrote a great book called Body of Evidence about that, and and you can see Rogan, you know, one of the people that he interviews quite often, gave an update that Joe Rogan as we speak, not that he's made some declaration of faith, but he's now attending which seems to be a theologically sound church on a regular basis. And he's never been been one that's gone to.
Speaker 5: Church or anything.
Speaker 1: So he's he's seeking And that was that was the story of the weekend too. That it's looking more and more, you know, he's starting to I've seen some of the interviews where he interviews people and they hit the hit him with things and some of these you know, discoveries that we have in Israel, the archaeological which is a tough word, where you find these things that kind of substantiate things the Bible had always said, and he's had some of those on and he's he's searching pretty intriguing facts that seem to have at least ignited a spark for him to go further and keep searching. So I have something to pray about that somebody with a platform that big, if they were to have, you know, a redemption story, Yeah, that would be a big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's been interesting seeing that kind of wing of people.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You've seen Jordan Peterson be more public about it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you've seen libertarian Dave Smith. He just did a Tucker Tucker Carlson appearance.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And this this guy is a hard line uh libertarian, And I agree with some of his stuff and some of it not. But he's he was an atheist until his child was being born. He was in the hospital. He told the story on Tucker talking about how in that moment, because he had no control over the outcome of his child and his wife felt so helpless, so powerless. And he talked about how in that moment he didn't think there was a god. He actually knew there was a God, and he knew what to say to God, to ask and he even began bargaining with God, Please God, I'll do this, I'll do that, And he knew how to quote unquote bargain. I know we can't really do mean, but he was. He was crying out to God and the notion of like, God, I'll live a good life, Please help my child. It's funny how he was like in that moment, and ever since then he's been radically changed, which is great to see it. Well in these hugely popular podcasts.
Speaker 1: Well, the next thing we got to do, and I've seen it some with with with Jordan Peterson, They've got to be discipled. They we can't just send them out with these giant platforms with bad theology.
Speaker 5: They got to grow up.
Speaker 1: We can't just say, oh, good, they made a decision and then leave them with no training. They got to be discipled.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Also, we have something going on that was a little bit uncomfortable. Uh, if we were all honest. Anytime family comes to work, it's a bit of anxiety, but angst yep, and so Adler's dad and his uncle are here. Hey dad, Uh, there's Michael Rabbins. Hey Michael, how are you, buddy? I'm great, good to see you. Thor thanks man. Ready to put these on if you can, Ye want to, and you just follow it if it's too loud to your headphones. But you're probably like most of us that have been around music. Here, ears are over, can I mute? Chris? So we we saw something that made us all uncomfortable. You provided for the new design of the studio a piece of cedar or something. What was that?
Speaker 3: Yes, cedar?
Speaker 1: It was post very nice and you you probably came in today, probably talking to your brother in law, excited about him seeing it. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually looked ready to gesture that direction.
Speaker 1: And when you looked over there, your cedar log is gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely gone. There's no sign of it.
Speaker 7: There's no no pieces of wood, no bark, nothing, just to steel post back in there, the one we took out.
Speaker 3: We worked really hard to take that out.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 3: Brackets, screws, the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hard. So uh so we didn't realize till we all were here, which is always awkward that maybe Dadler did not know what his son Adler had done. And I think you asked an uncomfortable question, where's my sleaedar log? I did?
Speaker 7: I said, where's the cedar log? Because I knew that the Chris sent me a picture of some some Okay, I'll give you this. There was some sawdust, a little pile at the bottom, and you recognize that as probably not my sawdust, because we cleaned it all up and something else caused.
Speaker 3: That saw up.
Speaker 7: You talk at the bugs you brought in here, there might have been some insects and in the in if.
Speaker 2: You're watching on YouTube when we're talking about part of the console. My dad helped me out. It looked cool. It was a nice log look, but at the base of it was good.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I noticed there was some dust when we first installed it out our.
Speaker 3: Out of our woods with you as in mind.
Speaker 2: And so that's perfect vacuum measurement around it. And then I look again, like and I realized, like two weeks later, oh, there's a whole nother pile of sawdust. And then so I take a closer look at it, and it looks like this. It looked like a cheese grater. The amount of holes that were in that in that bark because we brought bugs in here.
Speaker 3: We see there. There are two things you could have done.
Speaker 7: You could have eradicated it completely, the whole lag out and not tell your dad about it, or you could use in the sect deicide.
Speaker 3: People have a thing called insecticide. You just sprayed.
Speaker 11: Ok K would be very disappointed in you.
Speaker 3: So you threw the whole thing out.
Speaker 2: It was it had it was.
Speaker 3: You could what he said we could.
Speaker 1: I walked by one day and said, I did a double take because I remember the cleeder being there, because you know, we beautiful. Oh yeah, this smaller one, you know. I was fired up and I look and it was back to normal, and and I went and asked. He said, oh you had.
Speaker 7: Bugs, okay, the day you told me about it. I have a second one at the at the house in my shop, waiting because there are two posts spots right there, one just asking for an another post. I go back and I just soak that thing, just the one that's my house.
Speaker 4: Is you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I'm watching it now waiting for more little piles and there are none that.
Speaker 3: So you should have treated treated that.
Speaker 2: You should have done that with the first one.
Speaker 1: What did you do with it?
Speaker 2: I threw it in the It's probably still sorting right out here, Are you serious? It's probably still sitting out there. Look, I read Franklin The Turtles all hanging out.
Speaker 3: It's just a little pile of dust.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Down to a baseball bat, now, that's true. Or a toothpick. Yeah, okay, but look I told you about this.
Speaker 1: No you didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me. You just threw it to us.
Speaker 2: Speaking of RFK, my goodness, clear your throat. Do you need a drink of water? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I've been I've been breathing in sexticide.
Speaker 2: By the way, my dad's nickname. You know, you got gramp gramp and pop pop and all that stuff. My dad chose the name Thor. I love that, which is so obnoxious.
Speaker 1: You're the only one. You can bet you that exactly, Greg, What do you go to you?
Speaker 2: Poppy, Papa Papa?
Speaker 11: Okay, my dad's Thor, and my brother works for a tool company by the way, and they have all kinds of things under their umbrella, and Thor is actually one of those companies.
Speaker 2: And so that's why my dad has a Thor shirt on. He didn't just go make it.
Speaker 1: So it's almost like God knew what you were going to do.
Speaker 7: St I'm from Minnesota and I was, you know, and there there your name is grandpa Mike. I mean in the Midwest, people don't get flashy about stuff.
Speaker 3: So we come down.
Speaker 7: Here and all of our friends find out we're going to have we're going to be grandparents for the first time. And the first question asked is what's your name going to be. I'm going that's the dumbest thing. I'm not going to be Papa, poopy whatever. You know, Well, it is going to be Grandpa. No, you can't do that. So I am harassed.
Speaker 2: I found it speedy.
Speaker 3: Don't bring it back? Friends, Now what do you do there? You go, that's buddy. I preserved. It looks still, it looks excellent.
Speaker 7: It's a little beaten up. We got a wall of wood, so there's a little white rim all eggs.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I was thinking Dadler could take it home, and.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'll take it back. I brought you your batter bowl this morning, by the way. You know, the the banana pancakes you make at our house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I brought that.
Speaker 5: Back before before the wood came in.
Speaker 3: You can see the holes.
Speaker 1: So you were telling America that.
Speaker 3: All rick it fell on your forehead and fell.
Speaker 1: Now I got bugs in my hair, Yeah, my beautiful hair.
Speaker 2: Beautiful anxiety about that being in here right now.
Speaker 1: All right? So so you you said when you found out in the Southern culture, you just get to pick your grandparent name. That's when you opened the door to this name.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, one day, you guys know Cynthia, and Cynthia just can be abrasive, you know, she's just in your face. And I said, Cynthia, if I get to pick, I just came up one day. I said, if I get to pick, I'm going with Thor.
Speaker 3: And she says, you can't go with Thor. Oh, no, you get to pick. So you know, if the rules are wide open, I get to pick. I'm going with Thor.
Speaker 7: And I was joking, of course, but our kids played my played my hand and taught Lily, our firstborn grandchild. So one of her first words was Thor, So.
Speaker 1: Now you're in Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was walking, she was three or three years old, when we were taking a little walk and I was holding her hand. She said, hey, Thor said, yeah, Lily, what she said, you know, a superhero copied your name.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to be a superhero to keep these bugs out of here.
Speaker 3: I'm going up my leg right now.
Speaker 1: Why would you bring that nasty bog in here. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Was it just that bush out there?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: He threw it all like you said.
Speaker 2: Yes, I told you I had to get it out of here, go put in your van.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he could not go in the van. I think he could. You could probably dip it or spray it and be fine.
Speaker 2: It's been in the woods for three minutes.
Speaker 3: Throw it away. It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Throw the rotten wood away.
Speaker 3: Your dead. I saw him on his hands, and that I was under. I was on my back for about two hours.
Speaker 2: Nasty.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put it the worlds? Yes, why not?
Speaker 2: We have to. It's got bark beetles, for heaven's sakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's what everywhere. Yeah, the new studio design was completely taken over by beetles.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's maybe bad. That would be bad.
Speaker 3: You think they're in here now?
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 7: I've been looking at you have listeners who know the word powder. I think it's called powder, post, beetle or power yeah.
Speaker 1: Posts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but those are the ones that make that tiny little hole. Man, they can take over the whole whole thing.
Speaker 1: We got it in here in the floor.
Speaker 7: We'll take it. I'm putting my truck take back home. It'll be back here in two weeks.
Speaker 3: I trust that man, why I'm a hordern I trust him.
Speaker 1: Side.
Speaker 3: And then some lacquer on that thing.
Speaker 2: In front of his shirt. Trust that guy his name on his shirt ripped, Grandpap.
Speaker 4: He is the Ricks Show.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things we need to also hit before we're done today. Speedy, I know this. This may be you possibly Adler Greg. I know that you probably did this U in your driveway. And that is the Memorial Day Murph workout. Oh, I've heard of that. Do you remember this? It's based named after that uh into the guy from one of the guys that got killed in that movie yep, the Falling Navy Seal, Lieutenant Michael Murphy. And I remember, you know, before I got to the point that I realized that at my age, I can no longer be in a cross fit class. I need I need individual help.
Speaker 3: That's right. Anything any work out with the name we discovered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I had a person's name to it.
Speaker 3: We never We never tried this. I know a few that have and their bad ass because it would that that's tough tough there. But anything with a name like one we did Elizabeth. I did remember the Elizabeth Karen Karen and anytime they came in and you had a name behind it in honor of someone and this was their workout, it was not good news.
Speaker 1: Ada. You ever done the murfh.
Speaker 2: I've never done the Murph specifically, Oh man.
Speaker 1: Rick, I can't believe you didn't set your goals this year to do that. Well, Greg, I want you to know I did work out yesterday at home. Uh and my I did not complete the Murf. But the workout I did, I said, was for Murph. Does that count?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So here, I really want one more of the ham rows, but I'm gonna not eat it in honor of me, try and do better?
Speaker 5: Thank you, Greg? How about this? Don't eat another one in honor of Murph?
Speaker 1: So here?
Speaker 3: Buy in is one.
Speaker 1: Mile run? One mile gets started, one hundred pull ups one hundred, two hundred push ups, three hundred squats, three hundred and then run a mile again.
Speaker 3: Now imagine imagine running that after three hundred squats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, imagine that.
Speaker 3: Imagine how those legs would feel.
Speaker 1: Now about I'm still imagining three hundred squats about your arms? Who cares about the people?
Speaker 2: Do this with weighted vests.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, yeah, I know. That's wow strong.
Speaker 5: How about doing it? I think Adler could do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he could.
Speaker 2: I could, but it would be boy, you're doing sets of pull ups. I mean, I'm you're doing four. You're doing four pull ups and jumping down the rest. And that's what I would have to do straight up. Yeah, it takes me a long time.
Speaker 1: It would Yeah, next year. Some of these things people do amazes me. Oh yeah, Now I told you this thing that have you heard about this thing that Prime went to speak of black crime.
Speaker 3: He was showing me videos of that.
Speaker 5: Greg, A thousand lunges?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one and then three one.
Speaker 1: There's no reason for one thousand lunges and I know that that's assault. Now this thing where people show but now here's the thing. Get you. People show up for this thing because it's got a spiritual element to it, which is most important. You better have it. But they're using the body being put into rest to get you to deal with things in your life. I'm over, so they got They got me at one hundred. I don't have to go to a thousand. But Greg, there's people that show up for this thing that aren't even in shape. Oh no, and like everybody helps them do the thousand lunges, Kevin helping you, yoh yeah. And it's it's all about bonding and all this. I mean, I get that, but one I just go to failure. Don't give me a number, right, it ain't gonna take me long to get the failure. So anyway, so what.
Speaker 2: They're worried about, I'm a failure right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go with that. Another one big story. Heard y'all talking about it here with the vox seats. Uh. And this one's going to come out of the state of Alabama, our home state. Some of you pet people that are highly sensitive to pet things.
Speaker 5: You might want to die that this bothers me.
Speaker 1: This is terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is bad.
Speaker 1: Wanted might want to die away. Okay if you're listening, yeahs for today, don't don't everybody. It was just shut her down at More, Alabama more mm mmm hmm. This is now. Can I guess his name's in the story so I can say it right, it's public knowledge, right, James Williamson will now be He's now made the top list of the most horrific acts of animal cruelty.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 1: Uh, his Chihuahua would not stop barking. Come on, could have given him away, Probably a better way to go drop him off at Greg.
Speaker 2: Do you want the newsman to say it? Rick, so you don't have to?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah, okay, don't you Yeah, because it just seems like it's it's almost impossible to say even me. I even have a hard time saying it though. There's a weird side of me that wondered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there's a terrific animal cruelty case, and we want to warn you.
Speaker 3: The allegations are disturbing.
Speaker 2: They're all fat Moore Man's accused of killing a puppy after you put it in an oven.
Speaker 1: Golly.
Speaker 3: Courtesy of Fox Teams.
Speaker 1: So it was a puppy too, I didn't know that. You better keep it on that guy. I thought it was an adult chiuabba, which is bad, but not as bad as a puppy.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you better keep your eye on that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't trust him.
Speaker 1: Uh, I want to watch out for this guy.
Speaker 2: We want to hear the rest of the story.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Do we know? It's one of the worst cases of animal abuse they've ever seen, and our Natalie Williamson has this story. I can't no, I can't see the word charge in here. There's work charges. Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm you agree.
Speaker 1: You got to watch this guy, if you would do that, that's damer style. It is. It is in the head. These people eventually are dangerous to humans. They really are probably already.
Speaker 2: No, wow, it's mug shot.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I do want to see that. Okay, what is he holding a fart?
Speaker 1: What did you just say?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry he had.
Speaker 2: It looks like that. It looks like that.
Speaker 1: Wow. You may be on the uh back over to the animal kingdom and giving them a few points. Today, man bit by alligator is shot dead by cops during wild drug fueled rampage. He was once bitten by allegator. He wasn't like bitting by the alligator, and then the police shot him.
Speaker 5: Don't know, Greg, I'm afraid.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid.
Speaker 1: Now. This is when your day just you're just first of all, you shouldn't break out. Okay. A Florida man was shot dead by police after he emerged from alligator infested waters after being bitten by the out again. Okay, so you're getting bit by the alligat you're in the you're in you're in the water, all right, Okay, like that you come out and get gunned down by police as soon as you survived. They were after him for uh trying he was trying to access his gun once he came up out of the water.
Speaker 3: He didn't do that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about meth charges. Okay. Uh, Well, he was someone they were chasing. He somehow got off in the croc the water. Yeah, got bit yea gets away from the croc just enough time to be shot by police.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someone someone said that they all shot by the police and the croc.
Speaker 4: Get me.
Speaker 1: I agree. Uh. They said they responded to a call that he was somewhere acting horrible. It was a racetrack, convenience store or at a racetrack. Which one does that mean? Can mean story a literal racetrack.
Speaker 2: Oh, racetrack is the gas station?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Shake, he was shaking. He was shaking, asking to call his son. So police got there, look at that and right and once he quit holding the part. But once they got there, they he became difficult to deal with. And he said they tried to give a life vest to him when he jumped in the lake, I guess running from them, and he passed. He took a pass on the life vest I got this and he was treading water. Then then then he said he growled when being approached because he's so high. A meth one alligator approached and bit his arm, which made him want to get out of the water. Obviously, so he gets bit by an alligator, comes out of the water and attempts to go to his gun and gets and gets killed. So they went from to throw a life reserver to shooting him. Yeah that's right. Well, yeah we went You talk about the turn of events, the police throwing you a life reserved to shooting. So now we've got one alligator that's now on meth bit his arm. It is true they did. So he's going nuts against some two good stories? Was this called good story pile feel good stories?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was shot.
Speaker 1: He did not survive the shooting. Oh yeah, well they took him out. They didn't just wing him right now that it hadn't been bit by an alligator.
Speaker 5: They took him out.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgers show tomorrow the Return of Andy Andrews be true or bs you could win big on the wheel of bundles, bits and Bucks. If you can discern properly which one Andy Andrews is throwing at you all tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 11: Mmmmm