Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Semi Gay's trend of Life, Baby Baby semi geist trend of life. I say see like I'm it's like, I don't know the name of the show geist kind of trend of life. Fuck fuck just to call it, call it well, do it live.
Speaker 2: Scotty Scotty, what the fuck? All right?
Speaker 1: Bringing big Scotty energy today, Big Scotty energy.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Mouth?
Speaker 2: Oh, what's a trend in? So much? So much?
Speaker 1: What's trend? And let's see? Uh. The Washington Post has an exciting development for people who like journalism.
Speaker 2: Yep, who like op eds from people who shouldn't be writing fucking op eds because they don't know how to write or formulate ideas with the written word. But that doesn't matter, says Jeff Bezos. They're overlord because they're their whole thing is, we're trying to get a more diverse amount of countrybuters read probably like illiterate racist bastards to like put things in to normalize their takes. But Jeff Bezos has said they're going to use AI to fucking help these non writer ass opinion writers. Whole professional writing is the new member.
Speaker 1: Yeah, This has been the dream of capitalists since I was working as an editor. They're just like, all right, so you guys have been like making these articles that are like doing really well and like have a lot of thought put into them. How do we ten x that? How do we make it so that instead of four articles, you're making forty a day?
Speaker 2: Well, then we finally ten more writers of this calendar.
Speaker 1: So how do we do that with the same number of resources? That's the that's the puzzle that I want you to solve. And they've finally done it.
Speaker 2: What about glasses over there? Can you do like ten more articles? His name's Daniel?
Speaker 1: What about you numbers?
Speaker 2: What? My name's Soren? So anyway, this is this thing. This program ember quote could automate several functions normally provided by human editors, including offering a quote story strength tracker that indicates how a piece is progressing. The will also reportedly as a sidebar showing the fundamental parts of a story, such as an early thesis, supporting points and a memorable ending. Am I in fucking eighth grade again?
Speaker 1: Yep? Yeah, yeah, three three paragraphs of supporting the Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: This is fucking absurd, Like what are they what are they talking about over there?
Speaker 1: They couldn't find enough people with the opinions that both have the opinions that they want supported and also know how.
Speaker 2: To write professionally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they like they ran out of all of the National Review like editors and former editors that are like, we need more because they this is coming after they talked about changing their op ed mix so that it also it includes more people who are just like pro market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sorry if a person doesn't know how to write, how they know if an AI's like editing suggestions isn't completely changing like the connotation of something they're trying to say, you know what I mean like that they're already they're like, I don't know, Yeah, maybe that is.
Speaker 1: A better YE said to say this, Yeah, different point. Imperialism can be okay as long as it's wrapped in red, white and blue. I can't wait to see like the I'm sure a lot of people are gonna be fucking with this, and I'm looking forward to seeing like what they come away with, Like is it proprietary, Like is it a thing where like anybody can just like go and try to write a Washington Post op ed.
Speaker 2: No, I think they're like there. These are people that the Washington Post are like, I think.
Speaker 1: On reaching out to being like hey, hey, you're illiterate and also seem like you have an idea that we want shared with the world.
Speaker 2: Your four Chan posts are fucking fire, My dude, would you like to write an op ed in the Washington Post?
Speaker 1: They are, however, mostly incomprehensible.
Speaker 2: Mostly images. They're mostly soy jack images.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so that is where things are headed. That's how the Washington Post is doing.
Speaker 2: Yep, not good.
Speaker 1: I saw wapo AI and I thought it said weird al that's how much weird al is A I does look like al?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It does. Hey, also take a one also looks like A one too. I'm not going to throw Linda McMahon under the bus for not knowing fucking anything. She doesn't know what the Tulsa race mask cro is.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She was in a hearing and they're like, oh, do you think like she was saying things would be illegal DEI like certain curriculum, and she was being asked like, oh, what about the Tulsa race Maskers's like, I'm I'll have to look into that more to know what that is yeah, of course, I mean these.
Speaker 1: History has a DEI bent and we can't allow it.
Speaker 2: Yep, did that even happen?
Speaker 1: That's why it is like I know that she is bad heading up the education of this country, but like just Linda, as you mentioned it, my brain is still like, why are we talking about a wrestling person? Yeah yeah, right, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, all right, Uh well for old time sake, America just arrested some Nazis.
Speaker 2: How I'm like, still, I don't know why I'm so baffled by the idea that law enforcement arrests Nazis. But this is from a raid in Thurston County, Washington. Law enforcement discovered a cache of weaponry and armor, including a machine gun and grenade launchers, along with Nazi paraphernalia during a raid of a home in Thurston County. They said there was something about there's an FBI Special Weapons in like attactics investigation and a US Army criminal investigation because they thought that there's potentially like an attack that was gonna happen. Maybe that's what it's like, boys, boys, boys, We're on the same team here. Yeah, you go around trying to shoot at us, We're gonna have to fuck you up man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's definitely just the weapons is the problem. It's not the giant Nazi flags that are on the wall.
Speaker 2: Full of Yeah. Yeah that's weird. Oh they also have like ice uniforms in there. It looks like maybe who knows, Yeah, who knows. But that is just so I don't know why. This story just really was jarring to be like, wait, Nazi back oh gun gun bat illegal guns, yeah yeah, illegalsh of weapons.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. Yeah. It's uh, it's interesting. It's interesting when this stands out because I mean we talked about, uh since the beginning of this podcast, like the double standard when it comes to right wing terrorism and like homegrown terrorism versus every other kind of terrorism. Yeah, they there is some wild ship that people are getting away with in the in the name of whid supremacy.
Speaker 2: Are these like new Nazis because like their little like storage closet, the they're Nazi and their swastika flag and s S flag have all there is in it.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, Amazon, we just went up so new that it's anop. There aren't real Nazis there they it's an op.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, that's an Alex Jones ship.
Speaker 1: Right there creases in the dang posts.
Speaker 2: Real Nazis, I mean real Nazis respect their flag.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right. Here's here's a bit of a good news for those of us who like dodos and mountain dew. Uh. They might be getting a warning label in California or Texas.
Speaker 2: Texas, in Texas of all places.
Speaker 1: So Douredo's a mountain dew might be getting a warning label in Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That contains some information that I think is immaterial, but people seem to think is relevant. Okay, what is the information that will be labeled on our beloved. It's going to contain warnings about ingredients quote not recommended for human consumption, Okay, fucking whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever tastes good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I recommend it. My taste buds recommend it for human consumption. Doug, that's also, man, I don't. That's such a bummer though, to like just the idea when it's on the thing you're about to you, it's like, man, they're shitting here.
Speaker 2: We do not recommend it. Yeah, I'm like, really, what about for animals? It's not even animals, man, you could decrease an engine. Maybe that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it is revelatory in a way that's not fun to look at which of my favorite snack foods are illegal in other countries.
Speaker 2: This feels like a little too like anti corporation by telling the consumer, it's like they're feeding you crap, which I'm that's why I'm surprised. Wow what I did not know what the who is behind this bill in the Texas Sentate for this one? But hey, I do like that this list is so long of shit I've never seen. Morpholine is that it.
Speaker 1: Turns, it allows you to morphic the beginning of that Michael Jackson black and white video.
Speaker 2: No you morph into a trampoline, oh or valveeline, I don't know, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I do like that they've I'm sure lobbyists had something to do with us that. It's it's not strongly worded. They're just like, based on we wouldn't recommend it for human conception. It's not based on I recommendation. Maybe not.
Speaker 2: I guess. Yeah. It's like the cigarette thing. It's like, yeah, sure, asshole, look I need my naked teine. I know it says you'll fucking kill me. I know, but I think most people probably don't know that a steady diet of Dorito's isn't good either.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're bag. The Democrats have figured it out. They're studying young men, and I think they've figured some important things out about how to communicate with this alien creature. Uh huh. They're just like, I don't know, they think that we're inauthentic and that don't care about them, based on the fact that the young men actually seem to believe that neither party has our back.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep. This is a fucking this Democratic group two year, twenty million dollar project to study young men and how Democrats can reach them.
Speaker 1: The way that this like is being the information is being greeted by the Democratic Party because like, of course, there's nothing wrong with the values of the party or what they actually do as leaders. It has to be a matter of messaging. That's the only way they're able to conceive of any problem is like, well, we're just not messaging it, right. Democrats are seen as weak, whereas Republicans are seen as strong. Young men also spoke of being invisible to the Democratic coalition, And so you've got this weak problem, and then you've got this I don't think they care about me problem, And I think the combination is kind of a killer because what are we going to offer to give them hugs? But then they're gonna be like, that's not strong, and it's just like no. I think what they mean is that you guys don't do things for constituents. You don't do things on behalf of the people. You just back down the second there's any pushback from like corporations and the forces that actually run the country. So that's the weakness, and that don't care about us is when you also don't do things for us and instead govern you like lie and say you're gonna govern for us, and then you actually do stuff for the corporation.
Speaker 2: Sure. So yeah, what I'm hearing here is that we should have Chuck Schumer go live on TikTok and do a bunch of bench presses.
Speaker 1: That's right, thank you, he nailed it, because I don't know.
Speaker 2: The other stuff just sound like you were attacking me. And I didn't want to hear that. As a democratic leader, I don't want to hear about how I'm offering people nothing all the time and just empty words. Yeah, it's like the first one is very telling where they're like, it feels like neither party has our black set a young black man, and it's like, that's pretty layer two Democrats. That's this isn't just like a we need a Joe Rogan thing. It's like you are failing so many demographics of people. Yeah, it's just like, again, let's piss away twenty million dollars to arrive at a thing that just for them to not have to believe it's like, has to do with their terrible policy decision.
Speaker 1: To say, yeah, twenty million dollars to psychoanalyze some questions to a pull that just has a very simple answer that we just don't want to hear. So we're because they.
Speaker 2: Treat it that they're like, dude, they need fucking more tough guys, some badass asters in the Democratic Party. Y'all are talking about fucking branding right now. Yes, Oh, you're a political party, you need to talk about fucking Okay, Well, we get the fuck out of the way for people who want to do policy, because that's what they're like, Oh, I don't know what they're gonna do if they if this is their problem. Yeah, they're what they're gonna do is they actually need to offer policies where that it's not about because a lot of things they're talking about is like people aren't hitting milestones like being able to buy a house or save money for college. That's we're talking about inequality here.
Speaker 1: Mmmmmm that so what you're saying to me that sounds weak.
Speaker 2: Bro, dude. You know what word doesn't show up in this fucking article is inequality.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: That's why Politico is also fucking just absolutely done too. It's like every now and then they have good reporting and then like there's this stuff like their analysis of this is so just in line with what the DNC just like to be like, yeah, like this this looks like a this looks like a hard a hard place for the Denver credits to be it and not getting to what is actually happening to people in this country.
Speaker 1: But sure, well, speaking of what is actually happening to the people in this country, the government is getting to know us. Let's put it that way that our brand, our twenty eight million dollar branding solution has told us to describe you getting to know all about you, and we mean all, but we don't hold back just like what my favorite team is or something. So you might have seen the company Pallenteer Pllenteer trending lately. This is the Peter Thiel founded company that uses AI to dig through massive trovees of data to find significant patterns and information. And they are just getting hired, Like Trump is just putting them on everything like tax records, medical records, everything in authoritarian government could possibly want to compile on their population. They are just pulling it all in getting it so everything is linked up and basically the like marketing companies want to like have really great profile. They want to like connect your online browsing with your like where you're driving information, so you have like one to one like one a model of a person that corresponds to an actual person who's out there, and that appears to be like what the government is also doing. Yep, this is a quote from a New York Times article. Creating detailed portraits of Americans based on government data is not just a pipe dream. The Trump administration has already sought access to hundreds of data points on citizens and others through government databases, including their bank account numbers, the amount of their student debt, their medical claims and any disability status. Mister Trump could potentially use such information to advance his political agenda by policing immigrants and punishing critics. Democratic lawmakers and critics have said. Privacy advocates, student unions, and labor rights organizations have filed lawsuits to block data access, questioning whether the government could weaponize people's personal information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, volunteers all over all kinds of like carcoral shit too. And also Margie Taylor, Greens just bought a lot of Palentteer stock according to our latest financial disclosures. So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think things are things are mood of moving in this direction, continue to Polenteer also recently began helping Immigration and Customs enforcement and removal operations teams.
Speaker 1: According to two Palentteer employees and two current and former DHS officials, the work is part of a thirty million dollar contract that ICE signed with Palenteer in April to build a platform to track migrant movements in real time. Wow, this was like a very simple way of putting it, because like the response, sorry, there's a plane going overhead because I think they heard me criticize the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Oh right, for us.
Speaker 1: So the response or the defense of this has been, like, this information's out there. We're just like working smarter by like collecting information and organizing it together. So it's not like this disparate thing of like files, you know, paper files, we're actually creating. And a person who worked for Palnenter for years and just quit was like, data that is collected for one reason should not be repurposed for other uses. Combining all that data, even with the noblest of intentions, significantly increases the risk of misuse. Oh great, Yeah, so you may notice that this sort of thing that like conservative values are supposed to stand against is coming up more and more like the first thing that I ever knew, and like the most consistent thing I've known about conservatives, because they'll change their mind about fucking everything. But the one thing that I do know is that they love guns because they don't trust the government. You know, they're like, I need my gun because the government can comes like me.
Speaker 2: Now it's just like brown and poor people. Yeah, yeah, you know, because now the government is in their image, right.
Speaker 1: But like they're supposed to be like and have been.
Speaker 2: Small government, Hands off your hondy privacy. You don't need this information. Fuck you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this is a direct attack on the shit that like Peter TiAl is supposed to be a libertarian and he's helping the government compile massive databases that will help them punish their critics. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the thing. I'm just not going to be on the receiving end of that.
Speaker 1: So that's fine, that's right, exactly, that's fine for Peter Teele. Ordinary run of the mill racists who voted for Trump seem a little less certain that this is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is from a Newsweek article just about like how this is somewhat unpopular, They said. Numerous pro Trump voices expressed dismay and feelings of betrayal across social media platforms. People are so quick to suggest that I flipped on Trump. No, no, no, I didn't flip on Trum. Trump flipped on us.
Speaker 2: Oh hell okay, Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: I'm not willing to continue living in a lie, living in a lie, and I will tell you the unfortunate truth. That's that's from the Patriot Voice, who has one hundred and fifty eight thousand followers on X. Damn the Hodge Twins, even the Hodge twins even they have more than three point three million followers on x and in response to the New York Times report, they wrote hope this ain't true, y'all, and then a later post that day, don't know if this is true, but I did not vote for this.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Tatted everyone, even Nick Fuent has you know Nazi Nazi Well he, I mean, he definitely runs.
Speaker 2: A foul like he definitely disagrees with trumpl up. Let's he doing that?
Speaker 1: Let's do he says, the ultimate betrayal of his own people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is feeding every This is a quote quote feeding every Maggi extremistage, an AI database controlled by a CIA most sad cut out. Yeah, seriously, if palenteers in the deep state, than what is Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm beginning to think it started when DJT walked down that escalator before twenty sixteen wrote redneck common sense. So yeah, I don't know. Assuming they'll be called pannikins by Jack Psibiak, the terrible word that they came up with for panicking Americans, for people who.
Speaker 2: Are observing the events unfolding around them.
Speaker 1: Yes, but just their whole main value is like panicking. They're bit like that that's the thing that conservatives, Yeah, we always have. It's like panicking about people who are different than them, panicking about riting rights. Yeah, people's rights, people who don't like the people that they like, people who are Nike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all. It's it is funny that like their whole motivate, their biggest motivating tool they use for their bases to panic them. And then they're like, rightfully like, yo, what the fuck is like now that they get panicking?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay panic in Skywalker?
Speaker 2: You think how many overlaps so bad?
Speaker 1: Panicing?
Speaker 2: Oh? I still thinking Star Wars. I'm like, yeah, it's pretty mid for a Star Wars name. No, I like, that's a good name. That's an and orfucker. This was stelling Scars. I was like, that's see, that's a Star Wars Skywalker. Yeah, Skywalker. Hey, this is my boy is.
Speaker 1: One of the dopest names. Like they really like an ad on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, back to simpler times.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: We got? Got seven new chips coming to shelves this summer, but some of some of them may be edible. There is an uts lemonade flavor which I can't conceive of liking.
Speaker 2: Potato lemon flavor.
Speaker 1: Potato lemonade flavor. They got Dorito's twist, did caso? Twisted caso? And then lemonade potato chips?
Speaker 2: Okay, lay Southern biscuits and gravy. I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's good here, but lemonade flavored potato chips.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to I see, I'm trying to find I'm seeking joy right now in this list. Yeah, I'm going over the ones that upset me.
Speaker 1: I chose darkness.
Speaker 2: Which one do you like the best?
Speaker 1: Tie?
Speaker 2: Sweet red curry? I feel like they already have that in the abroad. Yeah, yeah, like Walkers Crisps.
Speaker 1: They should just be bringing ship from broad that is like already a hit and be like, I don't know, maybe that my sweet chili one is good? You like twists?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, why like why fuck with the original? Like Little Scoopers.
Speaker 2: It's kids, dude, They're trying to recapture a new generation.
Speaker 1: It is giving corn nuts to me. It's like so dense, you know you corn nuts break my teeth on them. Yeah, they're like the grape nuts of like salty snow food.
Speaker 2: I would be so excited to open a bag of fucking corn nuts and then they'd break my I don't know every time, Like the fuck these are so hard. I thought there's like a little chippy.
Speaker 1: Nuts or those things suck?
Speaker 2: Do they still selldos? They've got to, right, that's I think we have so much fucking corn lying around in this country. Oh yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Kids eat a h a snack called like love corn that's like, you know, been like goop washed. It's like we're it's like a corn based snack, but it's just like crispy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, corn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just trying to get rid of the corn. I know, corn.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of corn corners. We gotta do something with man scoop them.
Speaker 1: When do we feed people in movies pop corn? I don't know. Will that do something?
Speaker 2: Can we make a car out of corn, like a whole car? That would help?
Speaker 1: I mean we fuel our cars with corn. Twisted caeso is probably the one A Dorito's twisted caso. I like kso and might as well. You know it's nacho cheese's. Nacho cheese is one of the all time great snack foods.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. Biscuits and gray. Gravy gets my attention. That's the mis gets.
Speaker 1: And gravy gets my attention. And then I look at the picture on the thing.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, but they never looked good.
Speaker 1: Nah, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: You're just eating congealed white fat with sausage, just like.
Speaker 1: You can make it look good in the picture.
Speaker 2: I don't care, bro, I need to hear the words, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sausage gravy. What are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Are probably not going to fucking I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will like sausage gravy.
Speaker 2: It's this chunk country's chicken shit. Man.
Speaker 1: This country don't believe in nothing anymore. All right, Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bye Wage, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J. M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries,