Speaker 1: Hey, Andrew, Hey Scotty, Welcome to.
Speaker 2: Serial Killers, Episode X ten. It's ten, this.
Speaker 1: Is ten, but your mouth and let me have this one. It's episode X.
Speaker 2: You may have your ex. You know, David Brody promised us like a jingle or a show open for the longest time? Where is it?
Speaker 1: It's right here? Wasn't that great?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear anything, Scott.
Speaker 1: This is the magic of audio production. You were supposed to add it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what I'm saying is he didn't make it yet, so it'll be coming up in episode eleven.
Speaker 1: You just made me look like an idiot.
Speaker 2: You do that yourself, So welcome to Serial Killers. I'm a pissed off Andrew, and I'm a happy Scottie Bee. You know, this is an offshoot from Elvis Duran in the Morning Show. It's under the Elvis Duran in the Morning Show umbrella of podcasts. So thank you for listening to us. It's serial Killers with a C. And you could follow us on Twitter at serial Killers PC. You could be our hundredth follow because we're at ninety nine right now.
Speaker 1: No way. Yeah, why is that getting faster Twitter followers than I am? I feel like I tweet fun things.
Speaker 2: Because the show is awesome. Yeah, people have to eat. Hey, we got to get right to it because we're going hardcore today.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is the offshoot on if you listen to episode nine, you know we reviewed peanut butter cereals.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we were gonna do these all together. But I feel like this is a different category because today we're going to do chocolate peanut butter cereals. Okay, all right, So I was out shopping yesterday. Some of these ahead of my basement. Some of them are brand new. I mean, well, they're all brand new as far as the box goes, but I mean some of them are like brand new cereals because we still do classics and new school.
Speaker 1: One day, you're going to bring in just some old ass cereal. I'm gonna be like Scott, it's great, it's very soggy.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm gonna go under the counter and pull out my bag. Wait, whate So what are you doing on your phone? Will you stop? You need to concentrate on the show. What's so important?
Speaker 1: So important?
Speaker 2: All right? You want to start with classic, You want to start with brand because there's there's a brand new one here that just came out super excited to try. I want to say, Okay, so we'll go classic. The most classic in this bag is Reese's Puffs. I love Reese's Puff. Cereal been around for a couple of years now, how many years? I really freaking hate you because I did. I really didn't do my research on this one. But you know I'll do it live right now. Don't care. Here we go. Can you talk while I type? Because I can't talk it type at the same time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, Reese's Puffs are great and delicious. Reese's Peanut butter Cups are actually my favorite chocolate.
Speaker 2: I'm still typing.
Speaker 1: That's great. You're just leaving me out to dry on this episode. Uh, really making me look like a.
Speaker 2: Goof are okay? So this is a General Mill Cereal we know that. Would you stop looking at the TV. I'm getting angry with you. I don't care if there's some government crap going on. This is Cereal talk. We don't care about serious things here. We care about Cereal. I hate you. Hey. Reese's Puffs was introduced by General Mills in nineteen ninety four. No, I can't believe it's been around that long.
Speaker 1: I was three years old.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I believe that. I mean, you can't always believe everything Wikipedia tells you.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I just debunk that myth really quick?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Who do you think is going in editing the Reese's Puffs Wikipedia right now? That you're like, we can't trust it.
Speaker 2: It's that other serial podcast and they're like, we're gonna screw the serial Killers.
Speaker 1: I mean the serial Killers that were the serial Killers before we took the name and thought we were creative.
Speaker 2: Hello, I thought of name. Didn't realize there was another one until you pointed it out to me.
Speaker 1: Well, technically I was supposed to do my research on that ones. That's a fail on my bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, anyway, they haven't had a new episode in years, so anyway, let's break into it, because this one's going to go long because we've got three more to do after this. Oh, I just ripped the box top. I'm very angry all right now. I told you I think that these are going to be much like the cap'n Crunch peanut butter Crunch cereal with just some chocolate thrown in. Yeah, because it's pretty. It's the same shape, it's the same texture.
Speaker 1: Reese's Puffs are some of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the same smell too.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Now. Is this chocolate or is it chocolate e? I don't know. It doesn't say, but it is sweet and crunchy corn puffs.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited. I love Reese's Puffs.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we already know what the tastes like. They are delicious and I love them, but we've never rated them before. So here we go, breaking out the one percent milk, because that's where we're going from now on.
Speaker 1: No more skim Why the fat or the better? Okay, I honestly think I might be lactose intolerant.
Speaker 2: You will be after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really don't have to keep giving.
Speaker 2: Me this much cereal. Oh it's good.
Speaker 1: I just do a tasting I take away. You need like four balls, Like I literally just need a small Look at how much cereal I have on the desk right now. You need to eat more. You have three empty cups.
Speaker 2: Cereal is delicious.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny you have three empty cups. But we've only reviewed it. This is our third cereal.
Speaker 2: I can't stop eating. Okay, all right, here you go Reese's puffs from General Mills.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, four bowls in a boom. Wow, have a good day.
Speaker 2: I mean it really tastes like the candy bar. Yeah, it really does. Somehow, they they nailed it.
Speaker 1: It does it perfectly. The chocolate is amazing, the peanut butter is amazing. You know what I'm gonna do. That's gonna be really innovative. Tell me, I'm going back to episode nine putting in some of my cap and crunch.
Speaker 2: Are they still crunchy? By the way, after all this time.
Speaker 1: They're socky. But that's why I love them. I'm mixing and matching.
Speaker 2: Quaker and General Mills combined. They're friends. Oh my, all right, I will also give Reese's four bowls and a spoon boom. It could hit five bowls if they added marshmallows. I'd like to. I need the sugar overload.
Speaker 1: We are now renaming this podcast. It's not Serial Killers, It's Diabetes, the podcast.
Speaker 2: We said we were gonna stop talking about diabetes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm let me put out this disclaimer. Scott, if you have diabetes and you're listening, we apologize for the jokes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wilfrid Brimley I'm sorry, who what? You don't know who Wilfrid Brimley is?
Speaker 1: Should I?
Speaker 2: Yes, he's the diabetes guy. I got diabetes. That looks like the Quaker guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: He was in Cocoon in the eighties with the big bushy mustache.
Speaker 1: I never saw Cocoon.
Speaker 2: All right, now I gotta go. All right, So Reese's Puffs is awesome. Oh I think you saw. I don't want you to see this yet, So we're gonna tone it down a little bit, all right. This is a this is a newer release. This is a newer release.
Speaker 1: Sister's so serious when you talk. We're gonna tone it down a bit because he's going that crazy that we need to tone it down.
Speaker 2: I mean, as far as the sugar levels go, and you just said you wanted to add marshmallows to Reese's Puffs, you are past the point of being too sugary, okay, of just trying to like just turn it down a notch. All right, So this is relatively new from Cheerios. Okay, another General Mill cereal because we love General Mills.
Speaker 1: The fact that you know what cereals belonged to, which, like, did you study this as a kid.
Speaker 2: I am the general. Just call me General Mills. No, I didn't study it. If you'd named any cereal, I'll tell you who makes it.
Speaker 1: And again that's why I'm asking you, why do you know this?
Speaker 2: It all stems back to like my couponing craziness because I know what's on sale when, and I know what who makes what. You know how much I can get a box for, like this box forty nine cents?
Speaker 1: Can I say? My mom was like, all start buying cereal for you. I'm like, Mom, I love you. But Scott gets it forty nine cents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although I have to tell you the from the last episode, the Nutter butter cereal. Yeah, that cost me five dollars that freaking box. I was so angry. I was shaking as I was checking out. I had no coupon, it was not on sale. But we do it for the listeners.
Speaker 1: You really are those hundred people following us on Twitter.
Speaker 2: It's worth it to me though, because there really aren't too many pure peanut butter cereals.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, I needed it. You were better off just lighting that five dollar bill on fire because that was trash or whatever.
Speaker 2: Dude, all right.
Speaker 1: Ooh, okay, give me a small amount.
Speaker 2: These o's look different. Wait a minute, these o's look a little bit different than regular plain old cheerios.
Speaker 1: Are a little bit flatter and fatter.
Speaker 2: Flatter and fatter. That's not possible. How wider you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, look at how like? I don't. I don't know if I like the smell of this. Why is it smell like taco seasoning?
Speaker 2: We're better together. That's why we've combined the sweet taste of real cocoa and peanut butter into a single bowl of chocolate peanut butter cheerios. Real cocoa, real peanut butter.
Speaker 1: I'm why does it smell like taco seasoning.
Speaker 2: I'm right, it has a little bit of an odd taste, but that's because it's not overpoweringly sweet. We've drank a lot of milk.
Speaker 1: I'm again. You keep over pouring. I don't finish the cereals.
Speaker 2: But we have to drink the cereal milk after all. Right, here we go. I can't wait for new chocolate peanut butter cheerios. And I love the fact that it actually says chocolate and not chocolate e, so I know there's real chocolate in it. Let's dig in.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this smells disgusting. Oh god, coffering, Oh my god, what that is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted in my life.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I just spit on the board. Oh my god, it's okay.
Speaker 1: No, none of this is okay. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.
Speaker 2: You're offending the general.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I'm just gonna say this is the worst. Nothing about this is good. When I said it smelled like taco seasoning, picture eating that.
Speaker 2: Then I like it on my tacos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is nasty. This doesn't even get I'm not giving this a spoon, and I'm not giving this a bowl. Teary is pure trash. How are you eating another spoon. I don't have to finish it.
Speaker 2: I'm just testing it to make sure test well. I'm gonna drink the milk.
Speaker 1: I'm the only person here. Stop doing this, So.
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 1: This is straight up trash.
Speaker 2: I'll go a spoon on it.
Speaker 1: This is disgusting.
Speaker 2: My kids would like it. I'll give it a spoon.
Speaker 1: Your kids like eating taco seasoning.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it's trying to be a little bit healthier. So that's why it's not overly sweet. If there was, If this was a lot sweeter, I think you'd like it more.
Speaker 1: Why is it that cheerios by themselves taste so good? Why is it that the minute I you just step back, they're so boring? Okay, I will take boring over. Whatever the fuck?
Speaker 2: This is great? Now we have to slap the explicit sticker on it.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's worth it because people need to know stop buying this. Do not buy this if you see it in the store. Literally just put your hand on the shelf and wipe them all on the floor.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go that far with it. I'm not going to offend the general I think that it's okay. I wouldn't buy it again to eat, But if you want to try it, what the hell try it? You know we're not here to say don't eat stuff.
Speaker 1: I am don't eat this. This is gross?
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on. Then. Do we have some lemon sorvet so you can clear that out of there.
Speaker 1: The weird part about that one The aftertaste isn't bad because it tastes like a cheerio drink.
Speaker 2: The milk. No, come on, just drink the milk.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get anywhere near the cereal, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, stup, oh pebbles and bambam on this box. Okay, you know what that means. It's peanut butter and cocoa pebbles.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: Why can't you be enthusiastic about these things because they're wearing turtle helmets on the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I like it, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I've said it before, Coco pebbles my favorite cereal of all time. Growing up as a child, if there was Coco pebbles, it was a special time.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I'm I'm not trying to laugh at your special time.
Speaker 2: And it brings back memories of when there was Fred Flintstone coin purse as the prize, and some dick at camp took it from me and stole my Fred Flintstone coin purse and my brother punched him and got it back for me. See memories from Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Cereal Killers, a podcast about cereal.
Speaker 2: And thank you for listening. So new peanut butter and Cocoa pebble cereal from Post I am very optimistic. I am. I know that you're a little uh angry.
Speaker 1: I'm scarred. Yeah, I was gonna after eating the cheerios thing. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Who can you sniff this?
Speaker 1: Sure? It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Doesn't smell like peanut butter or chocolate. So let's yeah, you're right, this is a crisp rice cereal.
Speaker 1: It kind of smells like, wait, what are these like mocha coffee?
Speaker 2: But look, shake it up. There are there are pieces in there that are white. There's like the tan peanut butter pieces, and then there's the chocolate pieces, and then there's like white pieces. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, it smells like a cup of like have you ever had cafe to vita?
Speaker 2: Here we go, sweetened rice cereal, natural and artificial peanut butter and chocolate flavors. Oh god, I don't want artificial flavors.
Speaker 1: Throw it in the trash.
Speaker 2: Nah, we're gonna try it.
Speaker 1: Did you eat all of the cheerios?
Speaker 2: I did? There's something wrong with me.
Speaker 1: So that means that this is now your fifth cup of cereal?
Speaker 2: Not on this podcast, it's only our third.
Speaker 1: No, we said it was a double episode.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Some people are not listening to them at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, there's your milk. Thank you again. The overabundance of film complaint.
Speaker 2: We got to support the cow as my friend.
Speaker 1: All right, you ready, if a poor cow knew he died for us to have you're such an idiot.
Speaker 2: Cows don't die when they give milk. It's not like a bumblebee when it stings, you would dies. It's a cow. They give milk forever. Just pull on the otters.
Speaker 1: Okay, ready, thing tells me you're wrong about farming.
Speaker 2: But what two? Three?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't like this.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I'm gonna swallow it because this one isn't as bad.
Speaker 2: No, Pebble Cereal, you have failed me.
Speaker 1: This gets a bowl for me. I'm not gonna have another spoonful. But it wasn't the worst thing I've tried.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a Pebbles fan through and through. But I hate this. Okay, I'm angry. I can see this. We're flip flopping on this one.
Speaker 1: This one. I'm gonna give it a bowl because, like you said.
Speaker 2: No, I won't eat this again. Ye, this gets nothing from me. Wow, you actually put a whole cup of cereal away it's nothing.
Speaker 1: It's not my favorite.
Speaker 2: Wait till next week when we get to try this one marshmallow fruity pebbles. Yeah, but can't do it this time because we're all about peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Now it seems like peanut butter is working great, So I'm really happy that we've decided to dedicate six whole bowls of cereal.
Speaker 2: It tastes like my dead grandma's skirts.
Speaker 1: When did you ever try your dead grandma's skirt?
Speaker 2: It has like essence of muthball. I don't like it. I can't get the taste out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know how I feel with the cheerios.
Speaker 2: We need Kelloggs to save us.
Speaker 1: Okay, have we liked any of them?
Speaker 2: I'm sweating, I really am sweating.
Speaker 1: This is four whole cups of cereal and you pour yourself party amounts.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. I need a cold towel.
Speaker 1: You need help, dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you. I need look at this counter again.
Speaker 1: I no one told you to eat this much cereal.
Speaker 2: Were like closing in on twenty minutes here. I need Calloggs to save us. This is brand new. When I saw it. I got really excited even satting your picture when.
Speaker 1: I was in the sand market, to which I said, wow, that's great, thank you for thinking of me.
Speaker 2: Chocolate peanut butter corn pops.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 2: This is a thing made with real peanut butter and chocolate from our friends at Kellogg's, And they are proud out of this one because it says Kellogg's right on the box. Let me tell you, like the Luccio's and the other one that wouldn't say Kelloggs. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But corn pops, I'm just going to say it like, we haven't tried it by itself yet, but corn pops to me is a five bowl just off the bat.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, corn pops are one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Oh look, there's a casting couch of auditions on the back with apple Jack, Crave and the whole kellogg family here.
Speaker 1: I don't like Crave Cereal. We haven't even had it yet, I know, but I've tried it before.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. That was so gross.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you just burped on this podcast With my apologies. The standards are so low.
Speaker 2: All right, let's bust this open. By the way, I love Kellogg's Family Rewards. I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's a rewards program that Kellogg's has and you can just sign up online at Kellogg'sfamilyrewards dot Com. Yeah, and you get all kinds of free stuff and coupons and everything.
Speaker 1: So like what rewards? Like what am I getting for free?
Speaker 2: You can get some Tucan sam socks.
Speaker 1: No, nothing about that sounds like.
Speaker 2: I want to redeem this code bowls and coupons, coupons.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You can redeem your points for coupons, which is great. How do you think I get boxes a surreal so cheap? How many people do you think buy cereal like you do? Though there's plenty of people really. Yeah, Because you just link it to your store loyalty card and it knows what you bought and you just collect points. You don't have to do anything except by h all right, So let's open this up. Nice thick bag. I like that. M oh god, take a sniff. No, maybe it tastes better than it smells.
Speaker 1: I don't want to keep eating this cereal.
Speaker 2: It's so grow.
Speaker 1: Doing a two part episode was the biggest mistake.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Christina, I don't thank you for you know, recommending us doing the peanut butter explosion episodes. But I don't know. I don't I don't think we can do something.
Speaker 1: Just walked in and gave you the nastiest side.
Speaker 2: Oh good, you know what? This just diamond repellent because there's peanut butter everywhere. So she's not wearing a mask because there's peanut dust everywhere. All right, this is the last one for this episode because we have to get out of here. I need to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: You also need to like wipe the sweat off, Like why are you sweating?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Something is the matter?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this anymore.
Speaker 2: You ready, kiddo? This is touch I don't know. Maybe Kellogg's is gonna save us.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we should start videoing this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know if people want to see this, although when I split the milk out before, that might have been a I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to watch you sweat.
Speaker 2: Here we go. It's Kellogg's Chocolate peanut butter pops. Are you ready? Oh? Come on? Tack it on the bipe. They're not bad. Tack it on the bipe. Okay, I definitely taste the original corn pops underneath that coating of goo on there.
Speaker 1: It gets two balls.
Speaker 2: I do. I taste and it's good.
Speaker 1: It's two balls. This isn't good. I don't want to eat this anymore.
Speaker 2: I will agree with you. That'll get two balls as well.
Speaker 1: So literally, the only cereal we've liked this entire podcast is Reese's puff Cereal. Yeah, we had better luck with peanut butter cereal. Well that's actually false because I hate an under butter cereal.
Speaker 2: I liked it, but that's a different episode. Don't confuse people, dude.
Speaker 1: It's a two part episode.
Speaker 2: Can we get Diamond to roll the trough in here? I need to throw off? All right, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like this is a fail of epic proportion.
Speaker 2: I think so too, And we apologize that we just couldn't do it for you this time around, but next week you don't have planned what well? I mean the We're gonna do the fruity pebbles and marshmallos at some point, but we need some healthier cereals like this is just this is like I don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Well, again, nobody's told you to eat every piece of cereal and every cup that you pour, so you pour very hard, prey amounts of cereal into each cup.
Speaker 2: I'm a generous guy. Our next too Much episode is going to be all about strawberries, so think about that.
Speaker 1: I am and I don't want to do this anymore. Oh boy, this is too much.
Speaker 2: I love you too, Andrew. Oh great, So follow us on Twitter at serial Killers PC. That PC is for podcasts in case you didn't realize it, and the cereal is with us C We're on Twitter where I think. Just on Twitter, Andrew is Andrew Pug. I'm Zee Scotti B. This is Serial Killers Episode ten, and somehow or another there will be another one, so stay tuned. Thank you so much for listening, Thank you for your support, Thank you for all your suggestions. We may not take them all anymore, but we thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something until next Peanut butter Cereal, it needs to be fixed, or if it's not broke, don't fix it. Because listen, cap'n Crunches. Peanut Butter Crunch is delicious. The Reese's Puffs is delicious.
Speaker 2: Great, Please can just end this I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, now, I want to keep talking.
Speaker 2: Until next time. Cereal Lovers, crunch. You're not even gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the peanut cheerios and I just wanted to vomit.
Speaker 2: Can you just say crunch so we can go Crunch Crunch,