Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Conveno and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR day.
Speaker 2: We're live from Vegas, Las Vein. Yeah, it was happy to be here at broadcasting live. The rest of the crew back at the Fox Sports Radio Studio R Show sponsored by DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA, and right now use the promo code CR show cr s h ow to claim your special offerings your special offer at DraftKings again.
Speaker 1: Promo code CR show DraftKings. The Crown is yours man.
Speaker 3: If you're facing a peak season peak looking for employment professionals to help make hire easier, well visit Express Employment Pros expresspros dot com find an office near you. Express can help you so again restpros dot com. Cavino, I've compiled a list nice that I think you will agree with. We give Trevor Lawrence too much crap for not making it further than he has at this stage of his life.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I want to open up the phones to Danny G's on standby waiting just to say hi. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Danny G's our super producer. No relation to Warren, but Kenny is a is a distant uncle. We got Iowa, Sam, we got Low and Crown, we got Spot on the videos.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. We got people chiming in.
Speaker 2: By the way, Rich, before you read your list, I want to say hello to a lot of people on the live chat.
Speaker 1: Live chat. Live stream is popping. Where'd it go? It's popping? Word cool? I just see us, I see us. You know what.
Speaker 2: We're going to keep you on hold about that list that Rich compiled. Here, We're gonna say hello to some people. I'll pull up the chat now. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Who do we got, Danny G. Let's go toton Texas. Tim wants to weigh in about the New York Football Giants.
Speaker 1: Huh, Timmy, Tim, what's up a bout Yoh?
Speaker 4: We got four four to six in the trap, man, That's what I'm talking about. I know we had a losing season again this year. It's been going on for about I think ten or eleven seasons ever since we lost Eli. You know, it hasn't been the same. But man, I think if we get like John Harball or a coach that can like set a role for the team, because Jackson Dart needs to get to hit on straight because he can't be taking hits like that and that defense with Duel Carter just sitting on the bench and doing whatever he wants there in team meetings, that that gotta go. He got to be traded or he need a coach in there. Maybe we trade for Tom Coughlin. I don't know, give him all the draft picks.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 4: We need some help, please.
Speaker 2: The right coach can make all the difference, all the difference, by the way. Uh Wes from Idaho chiming in Scott for Mayor says do NFL coaches have big buyer like college coaches?
Speaker 1: After show, but later.
Speaker 2: Terry Banker says he bets Danny g wants hardball in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I think he does.
Speaker 2: Lisa is hanging NW kay Rain nineteen. Thank you guys for chatting live, Join the fun Covino and Rich FSR. You can watch us live in Vegas Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. So Rich is saying that there's a bunch of new timers first timers in the playoffs, Drake may Bow, Nick Sam Darnold, Caleb Williams. And now we're saying that we've been really hard on.
Speaker 3: Trevor Laars, like you said something, we haven't been hard enough because he came with such an expectation. He's twenty six years old and he's only in year five. He is a young dude. Trevor Lawrence is a young man in life, twenty six.
Speaker 1: And he just got older that quick.
Speaker 3: There are guys I think, did I say twenty five, Yeah, twenty six, he's twenty six year five.
Speaker 1: I said, ah, you're part five. There are guys that.
Speaker 3: Did it a little sooner, made it to their first Super Bowl. Elway made it in his fourth year, but didn't win one until he was way older. Like you said in the documentary, we live in the world.
Speaker 1: Of grand opening, grand close. You know we are. It's just the truth.
Speaker 3: We all expect everyone to be Tom Brady that he just steps in a pile of poo a lah Patrick Mahomes two where he takes over for Alex Smith and within a year or so, it's like, tada, super Bowl And that's just not realistic. That's reserved for the Tom Brady or the Patrick Mahomes, the guy that comes around every you know, once in a lifetime, twice in a lifetime. Montana year three another exception. But besides that, Farv his sixth year, Aaron Rodgers year number six, Peyton Manning year number nine, Matthew Stafford wasted away for a decade in Detroit year thirteen, he got it done with the Rams, Drew Brees his eighth year, Eli Manning lucked out in his fourth year year against the Patriots. So these all these big time quarterbacks that have won super Bowls in our life are no further ahead, for the most part than Trevor Lawrence. If Trevor Lawrence went on a run this year, which there are some people saying that they might be the team to beat, and if Trevor Lawrence wins one this year, I don't think it's a oh we knew he'd come around. I think it's oh, right on time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not good for him, man, He's having a season for sure, no question. Look, I think we just live in the world to quote Ronnie Chang, we do it often. Prime Now we want instant gratification, instant results.
Speaker 1: You know, the minute we press order.
Speaker 2: We wanted to show up at our door and we expected immediate results from this kid. And that's just how we feel about most of these young quarterbacks. Sometimes it takes a minute, that's all.
Speaker 6: They're head coach Liam Cohen should get a lot of credit. And he said in this is right exactly with what you guys are talking to. Quarterbacks need time to put it all together. Noting that several factors played a role in his quarterbacks development, he says, trev has definitely been playing at a high level. I mean when I first got here, we had a lot of open, honest conversations about what his goals were, where he wanted to go with it, and what direction he wanted his career to go. And yet it took a little bit of time. And that's why so many of these quarterbacks need that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, you think Patrick Mahomes would have came out slinging it, you know, if he didn't have the luxury of playing behind Alex Smith.
Speaker 1: That we don't know, all right.
Speaker 3: We talk about a lot of times where you end up, and I know that's the matter.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to have that boring conversation.
Speaker 3: It's been done a million times in sports ready on TV, but it is nice to see. But those early round picks have to be judged a little differently than a late round pick like Brock Party, mister irrelevant.
Speaker 1: I backed this gup all the time.
Speaker 3: But I will say he lands on a Kyle Shanahan offense on a team that was Ready Mahomes a later round draft pick, I meaning later in the first round, but not pick number one. So you end up on a team that's like, we're almost there. Come on, Patrick Mahomes. When you're Trevor Lawrence, Jordan Love had some some time.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, they yeah, learned a little bit like he didn't have that.
Speaker 3: There's a big difference in being the first or second overall pick than being drafted in the middle of the first or second round, because the way you end up does matter. And Trevor Lawrence is finally getting there now with the right coach, right system.
Speaker 2: So hey, how mush I would I don't want to harp on this too long, but even Tom Brady, by the way, Tom Brady went on a team where Drew Bledsoe was like an MVP candidate.
Speaker 3: The you know, the Patriots were really good and Tom Brady just reaps the benefits, unfortunately of a Drew Bledsoe injury. Now, if Tom Brady was the first overall pick and played for some bunk team in the early two thousands, would Tom Brady be hoisting all those little bar a big times?
Speaker 1: It'd be a big difference.
Speaker 2: It's all circumstantial speaking to coaches, something rich and I we're just talking about on our ride here to the Vegas studios. Kevin Stefan's key is no longer with the Browns, right, and there's rumors of of Deon Sanders murmurs whispers head like social media to Cleveland. I'm just saying, speaking of head coaches and the difference they make, do you think it'd be weird playing for your dad or because Schador Sanders' dad is Dion Sanders, that it doesn't matter because he's one of the goats and he just Garners so much respect and he's so proud of his dad.
Speaker 1: Like, look, Deon Sanders is not your dad.
Speaker 2: He's not my dad. Like, so playing or working for our dads would be awkward. Probably would there be awkwardness there for Shador or is that just a really.
Speaker 3: Cool I mean Big Steve's cool and my dad Greg, I mean, he's right, he's he's he's he's like, they don't have a cool dance.
Speaker 2: His name is in prime Time exactly. Yeah, my dad, Your dad wore Neon in the eighties, but he's not Neon Dean.
Speaker 3: I'll say this as a dad myself, and as we speak this coming weekend, even though we're in football mode, I have to go to evaluations and coaches meetings for the upcoming baseball and softball season for my kids I'm coaching. I try so desperately not to do as they called daddy ball, where you like, you never want to give your kid special treatment. And it's also tough because if you're a parent that coaches your kids, you know this deal.
Speaker 1: Your kids will listen to anyone but you.
Speaker 3: So you have to tell another coach like to handle my kid because my kid doesn't want to listen to dad.
Speaker 1: Is it awkward for the other players, Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I wonder we all usually end this when we're ten, twelve, thirteen, and then you know you look back at Oh, remember when dad coached me in Little League or Pop Warner, And then you move on to I don't know, being an adult. This is such a rare circumstance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like shud Or outgrew his dad. His dad might be able to step in and make a difference there. It could be a great story, but we're wondering would that be awkward for him for the team?
Speaker 1: In the fight game?
Speaker 2: You see in all the trainers, you see a dad training his son. There's a lot of times though, where the Sun does want to outgrow that situation and he tells his dad that, you know, hey, I need to beat my own man. It's always an awkward situation. We've seen it with the Mayweathers. We've seen it with so many fighters. What are your thoughts on that if that were to happen, Just a passing thought we had speaking ahead coaches.
Speaker 3: I did want to whose kid played for him in the NBA doc Rivers right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know your thoughts seemed to be an issue. It's kind of cool, you know, it's an honor. I don't know what you think about that, Danny G.
Speaker 1: Do you have thoughts?
Speaker 2: Sam eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox something we were talking about because you are seeing that on social media, any I feel like you're gonna see it because you've got little CoA and I feel like you're the type of dad that will at some point coach your kid, and you're gonna see that the feelings of like, I don't want to favor my kid, but I want my kid to do well.
Speaker 3: But that's when your kid's five, seven, eight years old. These are grown men and this is the National Football League.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that Dion could get past that. But Rich, I've always leaned on you for these sort of conversations because you're what six seven years ahead of me as far as being a dad.
Speaker 3: Well, and now now it's official, I'm the number one coach on the network. So you know, with that said, I mean I've felt that way all along.
Speaker 6: But wait, wait, does Stu Gott's not have any kids? No, he does have two daughters.
Speaker 3: If Stu Gott's coaches like girl soccer, I'm gonna be aggrivate. I think watching competition.
Speaker 2: As funny as his sound, because you coach kids is still part of the same cultures as sports. Yeah, right, So the little kids know that's that's Benny's dad. Bennie's dad is our coach. Yeah, young players feel the same way. It's not like they don't know or respect that Dion Sanders is a goat in the NFL despite the fact that he's the father of.
Speaker 3: Imagine, if one of our coworkers, let's just say one of the other shows on the network, their dad was like our Bosh Julie or Don, Like Julie was their mom or Don was their.
Speaker 1: Dad, he'd be like, it's like our boss's kids got to show.
Speaker 3: It would be they would be a weird even if they were good, it would be a weird sense of like.
Speaker 1: But not part of the culture. I think that's different. In sports. We see it a lot because a lot of these kids that play their their father's play. Well, here's the question when when you have a kid playing in sports.
Speaker 3: And again, I know there's so many people listening right now that have dabbled in the in the parental coaching, you know world of you know, our buddy coach ballgame, what talks about this type of stuff?
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 3: What do you tell you? You know, you gotta tell your kid every game. What I love watching you play. Don't put pressure on him. You know, hey, buddy, dad loves watching you play that. But you get to a point though, where you you don't want to favor your kid, and you know you're out there and you know, if every kid's taking batting practice, well you're gonna pay a little more attention when your kid's in the cage because at your freaking kid. I'm just thinking at a pro level, even at a collegiate level, I mean Prime and Schadora that did it, there is there a sense of like, are you harder on your kid? Maybe even at that level, does deonce if I did take that job, y'all, I could be as hard.
Speaker 1: As I want him because it's my kid.
Speaker 2: Maybe even more pressure to win, more commitment to win. You know, you're you're doing it with your kid, and it feels more family. It could be a great thing. It could be an obstacle. You know, there's so many ways to.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: I think it's really cool. The possibility of it is really cool.
Speaker 3: Imagine you bet, Imagine Shador has a real crappy first quarter of the season next year, and let's just say in this, you know, unrealistic, compathetical but let's say he's off. Let's say Prime takes a job and all of a sudden, shad door stinking like a Blincoln.
Speaker 1: Is he Benjamin? Then they go have Thanksgiving dinner together? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, And that's how it would work. And he'd be asked that that'd be one of the first questions he'd be asked at the press conference, for sure.
Speaker 3: So interesting thought. And I want to piggyback that with another quick thought I had.
Speaker 2: So, you guys, who has cooler stubble by the way, Stefanski or Dion Sanders. Yeah, they both lead the league in like cool grace stubble. They got some stellar grace.
Speaker 3: You would think like they could be on the Just for Men, Bob get but get an endorsement. You're on the Browns or you got gray stubble. I got brown stuff, Get Brownsie one.
Speaker 2: They both have. Hey, who knows? But your thoughts on that? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, Someone's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Who's on the phone, Danny g Let's go to Don in Vegas.
Speaker 6: He wants to weigh in on Rich's question about daddy coaching.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, what's up, Don? How are you Don?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up, guys? They long time, first time you guys a rock.
Speaker 1: Thanks man.
Speaker 5: It's only it's only daddy ball. If your kids stuck and you put him at shortstop and you put him at the starting pitcher, if your kid is legitimately one of the better players on the team, it's not daddy ball. It's just a great player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know agree. I struggle with that.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying my son Benny's, you know, Benny the jet Rodrigoz. I'm not saying he's the star. But there are times where I'm like, hey, buddy, we're going to beat you at eighth because I don't want to be the dad.
Speaker 1: It's like Benny's Batten third again.
Speaker 3: And I'm just saying, if we think about this type of crap coaching our little kids, our nose picking kids, when there's millions and billions of dollars in the NFL at stake and you know this is a big deal, it's interesting if they would even dabble with the idea of prime because I'm seeing social media rumblings but no real rumbling yet.
Speaker 1: But it is speculating speculation.
Speaker 3: It's fun speculations, well, especially when there's a coaching vacancy right, and before you know, they didn't really deliver. But there was a minute where Primetime was like a hot candidate, not as much.
Speaker 2: Not as much now, but just another science story. When we're seeing all these moves being made.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you another question that we'll take feedback on both sure, and I know we're gonna play game, giveaway some prizes, But a question I was thinking of. I'm seeing more about Alex Earl, hot influencer, dancer with the Stars, and Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: The update yesterday, as we discussed, was there was no hookup involved.
Speaker 1: During the New Year's party, just a lot of flirting. That was the story. So and I'm not buying it. My question is this, when you are a star athlete or a celebrity, do you think those like do you if you missed the story?
Speaker 2: Alex Eirl is like a social media superstar, influencer.
Speaker 1: Model.
Speaker 2: She was with the Stars, she was seen rubbing the back and flirting it up with Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Well, and she also ties into the sports world because she was with a longtime girlfriend, Braxton Barrios, the wide Receiver.
Speaker 1: How do you think I'm being serious?
Speaker 3: Because sometimes you think, oh when you're a celebrity or an NFL or NBA player. Hey, you're onto the next like jay Z. Do you think Braxton Barrios was sick to his stomach seeing his ex girlfriend with Tom Brady in Saint Biden.
Speaker 1: No question? Do you think he was?
Speaker 2: Do you think he was like, oh, yeah, he's moved on and doesn't care. Yeah, because you matter that much less.
Speaker 6: You know how many starlets that dude has been with. So I don't think he's sitting there.
Speaker 1: I mean, tom Brady's a goat.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked the question, because you're right, because Braxton Barrios is a super handsome guy. He's ripped, and I'm sure he has his resume of fine looking women in.
Speaker 1: His sure, but tom Brady's different.
Speaker 3: But but when you are like, yeah, you know me and my ex, you know she's a hot model, we broke up, and then you're flipping like we all are through social media and it's like, wait, my ex is rubbing Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: He's back in St. Barts.
Speaker 2: As girls used to say in nearly two thousands, it'll it'll make you feel some type of way.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's You don't think he's a little talk about that.
Speaker 6: No, if it was a younger guy, like you know what I mean, but this is the darky exactly, he could make grandpa jokes with his buddies.
Speaker 1: No way, it stings. He's still the goat.
Speaker 6: But you're talking about a guy that has a resume with females just like Brady's.
Speaker 3: But but keep in mind this, like if you are he the new guy, even though Tom he's not the new guy. But let's just say he's the new guy. Yeah, if the new guy's cooler than you at what you're known for, like bricks and Berry is a football player, but Tom Brady's the football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thats It'd be like if my wife left me for like Colin Coward, Like yeah.
Speaker 1: Rich, but no no, but but you know.
Speaker 6: Rich, the conversation. You you win the debate with that comment right there.
Speaker 1: That's exactly if.
Speaker 3: My wife started banging Colin Coward, then I'd be like, oh man, so yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: That's like say stars for me, stars, star stars. She'd have to move to Chicago stars damn it. But yeah, just Rich couldn't say stars the way you say stars. Yeah, how many affiliates you on? And you're on TV.
Speaker 2: I'm actually with a star, So Richard at Kobe and rich anything on you know, Alex and Tom Brady or the thought of could you see a father son coaching combo work out in the NFL and the NBA.
Speaker 1: I think so mu's happened.
Speaker 2: But sports especially is the culture for that, right And I think our caller was it don He nailed it, like if you if your kid is great.
Speaker 1: Because there's all the other sports we spoke of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if a bench player in the NBA is on your team and he's your son, or in baseball if he's your you know, left fielders or bullpen.
Speaker 2: I think like the netbo stuff matters no sports because sports is based on results in winning and you know, but we've talked about fevers done in that way.
Speaker 3: We've talked about the importance in the relationship though between coach and quarterback and how that could change a franchise for a decade.
Speaker 1: There's just so much more at stake.
Speaker 3: There's so much more at stake with quarterback coach and if it's prime and as kid, that's wild but again just speculation.
Speaker 2: But it's always about who has the great relationship, right, Yeah, no doubt who could have a better relationship than then to that's true.
Speaker 3: Let's take one more call on this and then we'll then we'll play some games, give buys, some prizes, have some fun on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What's up man, we got Danny.
Speaker 6: We got Ben in Tacoma, Washington wants to talk about the.
Speaker 1: What's up Ben?
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks a lot, guys for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you, Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, coming on, Like the overarching question, I totally agree that a father son coaching combination could work in football. And you cited already the the Doc Rivers Austin Rivers example. If the players good and and they're objectively good, and like someone just said, if they win, it can work. When it comes to Shador Sanders, you can get his mom, his dad, his grandma, his grandpa. You can get his girlfriend to coach the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: It won't matter because you get colds. He's not a very good quarterback.
Speaker 7: He's not very good. I hate to break it to you, he's just not. And by the way, Dion Sanders isn't very good. You can't recruit in the NFL. Hate to break it to you. And that's his one strength as a college coach. Thanks again, sellas.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you being brought you know, a different twisted a conversation. This is fun social media speculation that we're bringing to Fox Sports Radio. So your thoughts on that seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Thanks for to call. You can always chime into at Coveno and Rich and of course the live chat is popping bro on YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Thank you guys for chiming in. And next we play show Boy Showtime Mahomes Trivia for some prizes, and you don't want to miss out on that, so call us now if you want in multiple choice your chance to win a CNR on FSR NERF Football eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, We do it.
Speaker 1: Next is Coveno and Rich live from Vegas.
Speaker 3: Hey, dude, have you ever wiped with a piece of dry, single ply toilet paper and wondered?
Speaker 1: Is this as good as it gets? Well? It's not. It's an empty feeling Rich.
Speaker 3: It gets a lot better thanks to our dudes at Dude Wipes extra large cleaning power of Dude Wipes. When they say extra large, they mean business. No matter what the size of your mess from top to bottom, Dudes, has you covered for a confident clean.
Speaker 2: They comfortably clean up whatever TP leads TP on your bumb for no more maintenance wipes.
Speaker 1: Debris, no whay, irritation, not a chance.
Speaker 2: It's time to make the trade for the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dude wipes and start experiencing the confident clean of dudewipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of scents and sensations like mint chill and shay shape butter to protect your end zone.
Speaker 1: It's weird earlier today, I'm like Cavino, what's up? Minty? Hey?
Speaker 3: Join the movement for cleaner movements and live a skid free life.
Speaker 1: Haven't you been trying to live a skid free life since you are five years old? Always? Man?
Speaker 3: That's your biggest thay that you've got in a solution available at Amazon and a major retailers nationwide, Dudewipes Best Clean pants Down.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: It's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 8: In addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch the Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 8: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Buddy's doing it live on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Bus Covino, Rich.
Speaker 9: And Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Baby Vegas.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny, You can bring that back because as much as that was overcoded by anyone, roughly forty ninety six swingers, swingers, young kids will be like, what's that cloud?
Speaker 1: So money? You don't even know you're so money? Hey, live from the Fox Sports Radio studio.
Speaker 3: And for over forty years tire rect they've been helping people, hey, find the right tires for how, what and where they drive? Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection. Great people at tire Act, Convenient installation options all at tiraq dot com.
Speaker 1: The way tie you're buying should be. Now we do this every week.
Speaker 3: We bring in, we bring in a baby, We bring in a big time athlete to do some trivia. And it's time for show Boy Mahomes trivia. Let's go Baby Vegas.
Speaker 1: Baby. The mostly lovable Patrick Mahomes. Truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the refs. It's time for some NFL trivia. I'm here, I'm here, Yes, we know you're here, all.
Speaker 9: Right, Patrick Mahomes, here to play show time Homes trivia.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: FSR security walking out broke Patrick into the main studio.
Speaker 1: What what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: I got like lots of extra time to watch you sweat you ever see swimmers?
Speaker 1: No? No, never even heard of it? Like a both buddy, the clause you got the clause in it. Maybe I'll watch you. I got you know what.
Speaker 9: It's the first time for me no playoffs in years, so I don't know what to do. I mean, I haven't had January off in forever.
Speaker 1: So have you watched The Beast in Me on Netflix? Maybe I'll have you a swinging thing. You're talking about all her fault on Peacock. That's good too.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about doing some snow tube in. Maybe you can't, but snowtubing you could do.
Speaker 9: If you guys have any ideas, by all means, hit me up. Let me know what I could be doing my time. I'm sort of lost right now. That's why I'm here hanging out with these bozos?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Sam?
Speaker 6: Hey? All right, let's meet the contestants. Twenty seven time winner Rich Davis in the house. Yeah, let's go live from LV and in for twenty two time champion Dan Byer.
Speaker 1: It's Ilo, Isaac Low and.
Speaker 10: Kraft, Hey Patrick and ten.
Speaker 6: Ten time winner Spotty Boy right over here, favorite time of the week, looking to win a CNR ner football in the studio line. The first one through was Reese and Tallahassee, Florida.
Speaker 1: What up? Reese? Hey? Rees, Hey, y'all, how y'all doing what?
Speaker 2: Good man?
Speaker 1: Ready to win some prizes? Let's do this. I want you to win. Let's go Reese. What do you do for a living there in Florida?
Speaker 6: I will put the Department of as an operation analytic?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? All right.
Speaker 6: Rules for Showtime Mahomes NFL Trivia. The first cot, Yeah, the first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we do have a tie breaker question if your name is your buzzer, but you have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready, let's going, Let's get it on. All right, I'm here Fox Sports Radio. I'd rather be in the playoffs, but I'm here, and.
Speaker 9: I could do this with my eyes closed. Patrick mahomes here. Who is the first NFL QB to throw for over forty touchdown passes in a single season? A Dan Fouts, Be Dan Marino or see Joe Montana.
Speaker 10: Isaac, I'm gonna go Dan Marino.
Speaker 6: Lowen Crawn, Yeah, whoa, Mama, that's it?
Speaker 1: Forty eight tuddies and eighty four.
Speaker 6: Forty eight man forty eight. Wow, Marina, it's falling. All right, we move on to round two. I lo on the board so far?
Speaker 1: All right, Reese, you can chime in whenever. All right.
Speaker 9: Who was the first wild card team to win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 10: Isaac?
Speaker 1: You got to win, asked the question, big Shot.
Speaker 9: Someone else to shot the Ravens, be the Giants or see the Raider?
Speaker 1: Isaac, Isaac the week clean?
Speaker 11: See the Raiders won Super Bowl fifteen over the Eagles twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, nobody's put a lid on this guy. Usually it's Dan Bayer showing off.
Speaker 10: My wife says, put a lid on it a lot.
Speaker 3: By the way, By the way, your your your knowledge that level towards you have a wife.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I am too.
Speaker 10: Here's the low standards.
Speaker 1: Isaac went yesterday, didn't he he did? Yeah? Next week, if Isaac's here, I'll make it harder. I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 3: As you say, Isaac puts his trophies in his office recent Florida.
Speaker 1: You never even had shame. I know, Reese, thanks for playing the game.
Speaker 10: I didn't know there were only two questions.
Speaker 2: Feel bad now that one more quest is any movies I should watch?
Speaker 1: Do it my spare time? Yeah? This weekend? Greenland too.
Speaker 9: You never had a free January years, So if anyone has any ideas suggestions movies, let me know.
Speaker 6: I got one for you, Raiders of the Lost Dark. How'd you like that sixty yard field goal from Carlson?
Speaker 10: I don't do Raiders?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Thank you, Patrick. If you're not busy during the playoffs, we'll have you back, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, later guys, later, later, guys. This is great, and we know he's not busy during the playoffs. Try to get some appearance.
Speaker 2: Give me a chance for mahomes when you when you think of wild card teams that have made the playoffs and have gone far, who else comes to mind?
Speaker 12: The Ravens, Ravens, the Packers when they went in twenty ten, twenty eleven, whatever, I think.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting you would say that.
Speaker 3: My first thought, I was saying, because I know you and my wife both like the Packers.
Speaker 1: That year.
Speaker 3: They had to win the final game of the season to even make the postseason, and they beat the Bears.
Speaker 1: Coincidentally, who they're playing this weekend.
Speaker 12: Yeah, twice, the Bears in the NFC title game toomer one.
Speaker 3: I believe the Bears had the ability to not even let the Packers into the postseason. Packers won the final week of the season, and you're right, and then they went on to beat the Bears in the playoffs, and then they.
Speaker 1: Would go out to beat the Steelers in that Super Bowl.
Speaker 12: I want to say the Giants were a wild card team too, with ELI at least once when they won.
Speaker 1: Had to be right. Yeah, they won on the road at.
Speaker 10: Dallas Green Band, San Francisco.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right me. Broncos did it too, correct.
Speaker 1: First, I believe so, Yes, ninety seven Broncos. Yes, they were no one mentioned the Steelers. Steelers in five.
Speaker 6: Uh h Bucks, Tampa Bay Bucks, Bingo, good one go Bringo, big Brady, bring Brady.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was it twenty maybe yeah, twenty super Bowl. Do you remember how ridiculous that Tom Brady journey was?
Speaker 3: Like every everyone he beat on the way to that final Super Bowl, how ridiculous it was.
Speaker 1: Mahomes, Mahomes, Breeze and Rogers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. I mean that's how you do it. So hey, you know what showtime Mahomes went quick. Thank you, show boy Mahomes for being here on the show. I do have a question.
Speaker 1: We're in Vegas. Yeah, random question. I know NFL's king and every just I'll tell your girlfriend. Oh wait, what's your question?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, My question is this has nothing to do with you being all horned up and relax.
Speaker 1: This has to do with the a's Oh this.
Speaker 3: Is an interesting story. I think this is this is fact.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Well, as we know, they're in Sacramento playing at that minor league.
Speaker 1: Was it the Mudcats mud Skippers? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We went there, we had a great time, but the story is Danny g correct me if I'm wrong, because we were traveling. They lost their rights to the name to the athletics, so we were thinking, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Would be I think they were denied the trademark for Las Vegas Athletics, right, so that's off the table.
Speaker 1: So that's sort of off the table.
Speaker 2: That's the story I'm getting, And it makes you wonder like, well, then what's the name going to be?
Speaker 1: That's kind of.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Like what angle? Where do you think the as should go? As far as even should they go lean into the area fifty one like Aliens.
Speaker 1: And UFO that's the numbers answer, should like.
Speaker 3: Vegas like Showtime show girls, like I don't know, Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Were it's they stick with it. A could still be the logo in its Aliens. We discussed it jokingly, you know, about a year ago, and now I'm feeling it makes more sense than ever before.
Speaker 6: And the first person to throw out the first pitch for the new stadium, that kid that saw the Aliens in his backyard in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Vegas Aliens. Yeah, I think that's it. Anyway, that's just a side story there. And they have big eyes, they have big guys.
Speaker 1: They live here in Vegas or something. What about you? You know what Camino is right.
Speaker 3: I know it's a it's a weird thought, but you could call them the Las Vegas A's, but the a's are for aliens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you keep the branding, but you just change the meaning. You know, it's gonna be an a. Maybe you put a little uh spaceship around it or something, and they're the aliens. I think that's kind of.
Speaker 1: Cool, legal aliens.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what's uh, but it's not going to be the athletics.
Speaker 1: And who called them the athletics?
Speaker 2: Really anyway, we always call them the a's, so you still call them the a's, but it's for aliens.
Speaker 1: Moving forward, they know they're they're logo ship. No forget forget A T E T. The lhould be the little mac and Meek character and may.
Speaker 2: Be cool, be cool rebranding, but you keep says it's two minor league.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: You think they got to lean into the the Vegas vibe of shoal space invaders or something, but you know what it is, the uh, the most obvious one is chosen by I believe the w n B A Vegas aces right.
Speaker 1: Or is that right? Yeah? Yeah, I mean that's that's your that's so obvious.
Speaker 10: But like what like how about the hangovers the.
Speaker 1: Hang Yeah, that's the that's that's funny, islove.
Speaker 3: But what you know, like what is a what represents the city like glicks and glamorin money and gambling clubs.
Speaker 6: And the Vegas Cheetahs then logo.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts at eight seven seven, Yeah, the Vegas rat pack, you know what would really pop and be cool.
Speaker 1: But hey, who knows. We'll throw it out there. And just if you want to chime in at Covino and Rich at Fox.
Speaker 3: Sports Radio, well, you have the Golden Knights, you have the Raiders who came with a name, and there you know, you'll probably get an NBA team at some point. So it is interesting. So you know what, we'll wrap the show with taking your feedback. What would be a great name for the Oakland Athletics via Sacramento now when they get to Vegas.
Speaker 1: What would be a cool name. We'll do that after ILO's update. What's up? Ilo?
Speaker 11: I love the champion Fellows, thank you for the big news of the day, and I got a real interesting tidbit about this coming up in just a second. But the top story in sports by far the Baltimore Ravens firing head coach John Harbaugh after eighteen seasons that included a victory in Super Bowl forty seven. Harbaugh was the second longest tenured head coach in the league, behind Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin. The ESPN reported that seven teams have already reached out to Harbaugh's agent. Now think about this, guys, not counting Baltimore, there are six current head coaching openings. That means that at least one team that currently has a head coach has reached out to Harbaugh. At least one team that still has a head coach employed.
Speaker 1: Juicy, is that your tidbit?
Speaker 10: That's my tidbit?
Speaker 2: Cavino wanted me to let you know that Vatos don't say the word tidbit.
Speaker 10: Oh that's a good point. Well I am, I am.
Speaker 1: You never heard of I got hit?
Speaker 10: Well, I am straight out of Irvine.
Speaker 1: What would be.
Speaker 11: What would be the equivalent of a tidbit? Therefore that would be more appropriate. Yeah, that's what this. Yeah, that's a good topic. I was going to throw out another name for a Las Vegas team. You know, there was that movie Ocean's eleven. Since the baseball team, you can call it Oceans nine anyway. Multiple outlets report elsewhere that the Tennessee Titans will interview former Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett for their head coaching job on Friday. The Detroit Lions today fired offensive coordinator John Morton. The Washington Commanders today fired defensive coordinator Joe Witt Junior in mutually parted ways with offensive coordinator Cliff Kingsbury. The Dallas Cowboys today fired defensive coordinator Matt eber Flues. That's all I got for tidbits back to you, yo, Isaac.
Speaker 3: I mean, can be the only one I know, I'm not the only one. When I think Cliff Kingsbury, who, by the way, from New Brownfles, Texas, the home of my wife, Cliff Kingsbury when he did the draft from home during COVID, and he had the sweetest house out of anyone.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got sweet hot girlfriend.
Speaker 3: And no, so he had not only the coolest house you've ever seen. When he got fired, his hot girlfriend's like yeah, he's fine, and she posted like a picture of her booty on an island or.
Speaker 10: Something in Indonesia's like yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking, like, you know, Cliff Kingsbury might be the coolest dude in the coaching world, like his girlfriend, his house, like he's living the life. So never feel bad for Cliff Kingsby. He'll be just fine, all right. Your thoughts on the a's who the A is gonna be? What's the name?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 3: Is it gonna be something predictable like the Vegas Ballers, the Vegas Aliens because they can't be the Vegas Athletics the trademark was denied. We'll take your feedback on that. Next more could being no Ritch right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Are you facing hiring headaches? Staffing your business is complex, High turnover, skills, gaps, and ever changing regulations can slow growth and drain resources. That's where Express Employment Pros comes in. With deca decades of staffing expertise. Express connects you to a larger pool of qualified candidates, helping you reduce turnover and build the right sized workforce. Get started now at expresspros dot com.
Speaker 1: You need to flex.
Speaker 3: If you need to flex staff for a peak season or special projects, Express got your back. Express Employment Pros offers contract staffing so you can scale up or down with ease, preventing burnout and boosting productivity. Worried about compliance while Express also stays on top of ever changing laws. Express is recognized for excellence, earning clearly rated Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction.
Speaker 1: Don't let hiring challenges hold your business bag.
Speaker 2: Visit expresspros dot Com the Final Local Office and discover how Express Employment Professionals can help you hire smarter and faster.
Speaker 3: If hiring is taking you away from growing your business, get to support you need from Express. Don't spend your time weeding through spam online applications, hire faster with a Express Express.
Speaker 2: Employment Professionals building your workforce, supporting your success.
Speaker 1: CNR live from Vegas. So if you see us out.
Speaker 2: Here, drinks on you, bro, let's do it a lap, dances on you at Covino Rich.
Speaker 3: We got no plans tonight, so take us out. I'm kidding, Hey, Let's go straight to the phones Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Yes, our show is sponsored by a DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA, and right now use promo code CR show CR s ch ow claim your special offers at DraftKings again. Promo code cr show at DraftKings. The crown is yours and your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and say with no application fee through February eleventh at University of Maryland Global Campus. This new year, put your goals within reach at an accredited state university. Learn more at MGC dot EEDU. And by the way, speaking of the DraftKings tomorrow, Danny G. Maybe we break out our yearly wildcard parlays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who could go six or six?
Speaker 3: Let's see, let me if one of us could go six or six. We are in Vegas, the Vegas wild Cards. Oh you know's let's go to your feedback.
Speaker 1: What should the a's be called? Because I don't know if you saw this.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas applied to be the Las Vegas Athletics.
Speaker 1: They were denied the copyright.
Speaker 6: Even even for the Vegas Athletics they were also denied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no no Vegas Athletics. To what do we got, Dan, Let's start at Michigan Dawn. What's up? Done?
Speaker 12: Hey, I go and tell us what's odd?
Speaker 6: They'll they'll never take us.
Speaker 12: But playing on Sinn City I'd go with the Vegas atheist.
Speaker 1: What about the Vegas sinners? To them?
Speaker 2: What about Uh, let's see, well, think about what Vegas is known for. We always say we love people watching, we love the girls stumbling out of the club, the one shoe, dirty foot club, stumblers.
Speaker 1: It's a little wordy, it's a little wordy Vegas. What do you see every casino people smokings?
Speaker 2: Oh, slots, yeah, s l O T s slots, Vegas loose slots.
Speaker 6: The last Vegas Raiders game I went to, even in the stadium, just about every person busted out of vape the Vegas vapes.
Speaker 1: Vegas the vapors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vipers might have a good one off the air though, but who else?
Speaker 1: We got on the phones, Dame, let's go to Illinois. Eric, what's up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Good enough guy?
Speaker 5: But I do really love you guys.
Speaker 4: My suggestion is to incorporate the A and Vegas theme and make them the Las Vegas Aces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this w n B A team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what if it has nothing to do with cards?
Speaker 1: Ace?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 1: Eight lots of.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up our feedback. People are saying, what about like sinners or outlaws? Like what is this city all about?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, but you know, we said the aliens, but Sam off the air said about the Space Invaders or the Invaders, Ris Raiders, Raiders, the fan of the Raiders and the Invaders.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I like the space angle. They can maybe keep the a you.
Speaker 3: Could go desert style like vultures or scorpions or something like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's kind of cool. Yeah, the way guys see what they go with, that's a big deal. I think that was the same color. Who's in one of our openers, who's like, you do good enough?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure that the guy, yeah, recognizing was rapid rapid fire. Here James in Virginia.
Speaker 1: What's up, James?
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you taking my call. Gentlemen. Happy Tuesday, man, salute the commanders.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: For me, man, I'll throw have a wonderful night, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I will throw out the Vegas Vipers man. I don't know how much it goes with Nevada, but it just flows off the tongue.
Speaker 1: Vegas Vipers does sound cool. It does.
Speaker 3: But you know they have the Diamondbacks though. That's the thing, the Diamondbacks. Isn't that really like a sort of a snake as well?
Speaker 1: Right, But I mean there's plenty of birds. You could have more snakes, That's true. All right? About the Vegas venom, you know what?
Speaker 2: Think about it? Hit us up at COVID, you know, and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We do it live from Vegas again tomorrow with Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom and Midweek Major Perfect.
Speaker 1: Until then, Arriva there she baby, See you in the Promised Land. Godbye, guys. Ltter guys,