Speaker 1: You don't ask your question real Q.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep it real. Straight shot with no Chaser. I'm gonna get a little bit rough. I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Those who really believe in the American process, all of us straight shot, no Chase with your girl chest on figure Out on the Black Effect Podcast Network network was having everybody test on figure Out Straight Shot no Chaser.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Cover this Amazon delivery strike. And first of all, please thank you again uh for subscribing to the podcast on iHeart Radio Black Effect Podcast Network. If you have not subscribed, please do do not take for granted that you are subscribed to the podcast. A lot of times you'll click, you'll notice that the unfollowed button mysteriously is now off. So please make sure that you subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcasts. My podcast is available I drop every Thursday. I've been doing twice a week here lately and going to do a little bit more before the end of the year to cover up on to catch up if you will, on some topics of some things that I wanted you guys to make sure that you're in the know. I want to say this also, a lot of people have you know, decided to just tap out. You know, I'm looking at numbers who have went down across all cable news outlets except Fox News. They make sure they keep their numbers up no matter who wins. We'll get to that in a second, but the numbers have drastically went down with CNN, MSNBC other outlets as well.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I know that a lot of people you do not get your news from cable news necessarily, and that's where podcasts like myself come in handy. For those of you that say, you know, I really don't want to watch mainstream media if you will, but I want to kind of tap in with the news and have some idea what's going on.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate you for that.
Speaker 1: But I want to say this because this is very important, and for those who are listening to the podcast, I want you know I do have my Instagram family in the background. They are my audience for this particular episode because I do love interacting with you guys. And also I'm trying to meet you where you are, because again, I know a lot of you have just, you know, really tapped out, but for some reason, you stay on this Instagram, So shout out to the Instagram family. But I want to say this, guys, it's not a flex to say, you know, I'm just tapped out. You know, I'm done watching TV for four years. I'm done watching the news for four years. You know I'm no longer motivated to be involved. And that's not a flex.
Speaker 2: Guys. You know they are.
Speaker 1: Depending on you to not be informed. They are depending on you. And when you say they, I'm talking about your oppressor. They are depending on you to be missin formed. They are depending on you to tap out. So if you have time to tap in to gossip, to celebrity gossip, to who's dating and who, to who had a baby with who, who's being sued this week, then you need to absolutely make sure that you are tapping in to at least one source. Somebody in the comments put one source that is trying to keep you on game in one way or the other. It doesn't have to be me. I hope it's me. I welcome you to my straight shot no Chaser family. I call you my co teachers because here we educate. We bring the dots together, we string along the facts. We do a lot of receipts. We go back and say remember when. So this is a class, an education class. We are always training, learning, growing together. So I call you my co teachers. But guys, you cannot sit here and think that it's a flex to be misinformed. You just simply can't. I know you may not be as tapped in as you were during the election. I expect that even from these so called celebrities who've been, you know, all heavy on the talking about politics in the day after the election, they fall off as expected. But we cannot afford you to be excited about being misinformed. We just can't do it, Lady Taris fifty nine. We just can't do it because once it's time to get you informed, once something really goes down, Now we got to start all the way over from the beginning and get you back and formed because you just completely tapped out.
Speaker 2: You've just completely tapped out.
Speaker 1: Shout out to you, John Patterson in Houston, I want to mention this. I just saw good friend John pop up. I will be finally having my tour next year. Very excited about this. I've been wanting to do this but needed to have somebody that actually knows how to put stuff together.
Speaker 2: And mister Graham, I think that's how you pronounce it.
Speaker 1: I needed to actually have somebody know how to put it together, because you know, it's one thing for somebody to say, oh I can help, and then it's another thing to actually have it implemented. So I believe the location is a big box. I believe it's what it's called something box in Houston. We're doing the first one in Houston in April. Then we're doing the second one in Atlanta, and the third one would either be Chicago or Detroit. We're gonna see. We're going to see how Houston and Atlanta hold me down. If we do well with Houston and Atlanta, then we want to continue on. What's the event that you're having, Tez, great question, glad you asked. It will be a town hall, a straight shot, no chase of town hall with tequila in town hall. So I figured this was a good way to bring people out. Y'all put a five in a chat if you agree it's a good way to bring people out. We do have to sell tickets because obviously we got to pay or the event location. We have to pay, you know for your tequila shots. And I figured this would be a good way to raise money. For the training and a good way to promote the training. You guys know, my training is the very what I love doing more than anything else. But it's a challenge just promoting a training. So you know how we like to do. We like to come together for a good time and then we'll use that capital raised to come back and train the folks on what was discussed at the town hall. So if we sell one hundred tickets and folks come in Houston, and you know, we gather and we talk about the issues and what's important, and Houston says, hey, you know what, school board is our main issue. We're trying to make sure we have ownership of a school board. That's a real issue going on in Houston, by the way, or hey, we want to make sure that you know we have voice in the mayor's office or whatever it is that you want to talk about. We're gonna pinpoint those issues and then the training, John, We're gonna focus on those issues. And this will also give you a time to break bread with those in your city that want to push the line in a different way. The training, guys, the training that I do, it is designed for those who want to run for office, want to work on a campaign, maybe be a campaign manager, maybe a volunteer coordinator, or an organizer, want an organizer around.
Speaker 2: A certain issue. So Houston and Atlanta we're holding it. You guys are holding it down.
Speaker 1: You are the ones that get to decide if we are able to continue this tour, because if they don't do well, then I just can't keep doing the tour. And I know somebody's gonna say, well, that's Houston, that's Atlanta, what about us in DC? Don't hold us accountable for DC. Well that's not how it works. Just like in politics, everything is connected to everything. So even if you don't live in Houston, I hope I can depend on you to share the promo when.
Speaker 2: We release it.
Speaker 1: Even if you don't live in Atlanta, I am depending on you to share the promo. You never know who follows you. Oh I only have two hundred followers. It doesn't matter. You don't know who's in Houston. You don't know who they know who's in Houston. You guys, I posted yesterday. This is not the way to brag, but I posted this yesterday because I want you to know how this thing works. I only have one hundred and sixty thousand followers, but five million people have come to this page in the last ninety days. I was shocked to hear what Don Lemon had to say about me about how he follows my work. But guess what, he's not a follower on my page. So you can never just depend on followers. Don't just say, oh, only have two hundred followers. You never know who's looking at your page. You never know who you're able to impact. So can I depend on you? Can you put a five in the chat? If I can depend on you to share the tour When I announced the tour, I would appreciate it if you share it at least five times. I really would because if Houston and Atlanta, if we can get one hundred and fifty people to attend Houston Atlanta, then we can continue the tour. And I would love to be somewhere every other month. I would love to do. You know, Detroit, I really want to help Detroit put on it's a new mayor. The mayor has turned out it's going to be a very highly contested race in Detroit. You guys know how I feel about Detroit. You know, Rashida to leave deciding to really push for her district to vote to sit out the election if you will, which is her prerogative. I'm mad at a you know, do what you do for the Palestinian people. But I really want to make sure that Detroit has every resource possible in order to make sure that they have voys. So I want to partner with New Air Detroit and do what I can in that in that area. But these tours they cannot fund themselves. The tickets will be very reasonable, about a fifty dollars ticket, but again, you get your two shots.
Speaker 2: Two shots at tequila.
Speaker 1: I don't drink tequila, but you know tequila I guess would be at least a ten to twelve dollars drink, So you are getting that, and then there'll be some VIP available, and VIP would include like a gift bag. We want to make sure we have some nice gifts in there for you guys, you know, books, different things that good partners want to give to you. And also there will be vendor tables available as well. We're not gonna it's not gonna be a black expo, meaning it's not gonna be a lot of vendor tables, but probably five to ten vendor tables, folks that you know, maybe have product that they want to sell, things they want to get out to the community, and so we'll have that available and give them about an hour or so before the event starts to really focus on them. I'm going to promote this, promote this me, and I'm gonna go to the Breakfast Club. I'm gonna go to a couple of other morning shows. Definitely there in Atlanta for sure. Pull up at iHeart, pull up at Young Jock State, So we're gonna make sure that Atlanta's turned out. We're gonna do Atlanta at bank Head Seafood. Obviously it only makes sense to do it at my brother's spot, so we'll get that locked in.
Speaker 2: But Houston, I really need Houston to show up.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of support in Houston, and so John Patterson, it's on you to make sure that Houston shows up, shows out. I think we get one hundred, one hundred and fifty tickets. That will be great, and then we're gonna come back again and do the training. Now, the training, because of this new role that I have that i'll be announcing here soon, some of the training may need to be on Zoom One will definitely be in person, but some of it will need to be on Zoom because it's just so much content, but it will only be exclusive to those that attended the event. So basically, for fifty bucks, you're getting access to the training, you're getting your tequila, and you're getting to come party with me. We're gonna have a DJ and all that stuff as well. Put a five minute chat if that sounds good. I've really been in prayer of trying to figure out how can we get this training to people, how can it fund itself? Because I can't go broke, you know, of wanting to do it, but I do know that it needs to be done. I also didn't want to get a bunch of sponsors that wanted to try to control the training tell me what to do. Also didn't want y'all saying, look she over there selling out to the sponsors, you know. So I said, how can I do this to raise the capital necessary? And the Lord said, well, you know they love tequila's. You know they love tequila. So the Lord told me to give y'all tequila's shot. I'm just playing.
Speaker 2: Well, the Lord did believe in why did he not.
Speaker 1: Put a five on the jet so you know, ain't nothing wrong with little little breaking little bread and drinking a little wine. So we're gonna do that. I'm very excited about the first one in April. But anyway, this episode, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Guys. Amazon is going on strike. Now.
Speaker 1: They hinted to this early on, if you remember, they hinted to this every early on, and they were able. People told him to calm down, you know, wait till after the holidays. But I guess they said, no, we're not gonna wait till after the holidays. We're gonna push the line during the holidays so people can feel the impact. And I'm gonna be quite honest with you, although I don't like it. Although it's a straight and people are gonna try to catch up, people are gonna catch It's actually quite effective. It's actually quite effective. If you want to leave a relationship, you leave the relationship when you know you can make an impact. You don't relieve the relationship if it's during a time that you know your presence will not be missed.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: So Amazon is saying, the workers are saying, y'all want to play a game. Let's play a game, and it's called we want more money. We tired of talking to you, so we're just gonna do it during the holiday season. Now Teamsters is saying this will not affect the holiday season. I don't know, guys, I don't know. I think it will put a forward in the chat. If you think it will. Let me give you the rundown quickly on what's going on. And I'm reading this from Associated Press, says Amazon workers affiliated with the TEAMSIRS union. And let me pause right there and remind you remember the Teamsters did not endorse anybody. Remember, for the first time in thirty years, they did not endorse any presidential candidate. In other words, they were not going to endorse the Democrat candidate BP Harris, even though teams have always endorsed the Democrats. So I'm just gonna say, bottom line, y'all are endorsing Trump. Bottom line, because our unions have always, uh traditionally been aligned with the Democrat Party. So why all of a sudden did you decide not to endorse So you know it is what it is, guys, I told you what was what was really behind that? But anyway, Amazon workers affiliated with Teamsters launched a strike at seven of the companies delivery hubs less than a week before Christmas. Now, it seemed like to me teams that should be calling Trump, should they not, because you definitely didn't endorse the Democrat the Democrat Party, so maybe you should call the Republicans. And this is what's getting on my nerves about Democrats, guys, this is what's pissing me off about Democrats, even right now with the shutdown that's happening. You know, Democrats trying to rush in and save the day. I disagree with Simone Sanders that was saying, you know, Democrats are a little too gleeful. They still need to remember they still need to fight people gonna lose their check. No, no, no, no, no no. Even though we're gonna catch as straight, Democrats need to let Republicans fall on that sword. Let me say it again, this is why Democrats don't nobody ever take you serious. Go ahead and call they bluff. Call a bluff, even if it means we get hurt in the process. I don't like the fact that we're gonna get hurt in the process. But the only way you gonna learn is, like big Mama said, a hard head maker, what y'all a soft.
Speaker 2: Ass so let them crash it out. Crash it out.
Speaker 1: If they say, Elon Musk is the president, then let them be the president. Let them be the press. Why are you trying to come in and save today? You think that you're gonna be rewarded by the Democrats?
Speaker 2: Get on my note.
Speaker 1: That's why I had to leave the Democrat Party in two thousand ten. Y'all just too weak for me. Y'all just too weak for me. Let them crash out, and then when they crash out, come back and say, see, I told you I told you so. Oh y'all know, y'all don't like I told you so? Tell them you on, I told you so to it? You damn right, I'm on, I told you so to it because I gotta educate you on who to listen to and who not to listen to, and who know what they talking about and who don't. Because if I if I a line and don't say nothing and don't show the receipt, then you gonna think I'm like that, and we ain't the same. Somebody in the comments, but we ain't the same. So you better believe when I get it right, I'm gonna tell y'all got it right, and if I got it wrong, I tell y'all got it wrong. But when I get it right, over y'all, I'm gonna tell you I got it right. And that's the problem with and see Republicans do that. They do that, They tell you what they got it right, and they even lie when they don't get it right and still tell you they got it right.
Speaker 2: Let them crash this bitch out.
Speaker 1: Let them crash it out and then come back and say we told you so. All that means people ain't gonna get paid. Then okay, Then people need to feel it. They need to feel it so they can know that, yeah, politics is real. And even though y'all sit back and say I ain't got nothing to do with it, I'm not gonna watch TV. I'm just gonna tap out. No, you need to feel it so you can know what you need to be paying attention to. So I support striking out when you need me most. I support leaving that man just when he needs your most. I support leaving that woman just once she leaves your mo. We gotta make sure we know we ain't the same. We gotta make sure can I do it? Can I do it? In a relationship metaphor, because I know y'all understand that. I know y'all understand that. Oh yes, it's just when you lose that way, just when you get that job, just when that extra money come in the door, that's when it's time to lead a relationship. Oh you thought it was time to lead a relationship when you was down on baby? Leave it when you're up. Did you hear what I said? Did you hear what I said? Tell him, Tiff, leave the relationship when you're up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave it when you're up. Now.
Speaker 1: Some of y'all leave when you're down because you don't have no choice. And then you know which is fine, And then you come up and then you let your ex ce y'all damn they came up without me. But can I give y'all some game? Do y'all mind if I give you some game, lay you to. Some of y'all leave when you're down, and then they go and come up, and then you come back and oh, look at what I did.
Speaker 2: But let let me tell you. Let me tell you what really hurt.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how to really how you really hit that sore spot. They don't know this part. They don't know this part love her to leave it. In the chat, I hope you understand it seemed like you were about leaving it because your handles say love to leave it. So you must be all about to leave the caucuss. So let let me go on and talk to you. Let me tell you how you really, how you really hit that sore spot. See, when I leave the situation, I like to leave you better than what I found you. Do you hear what I said? I said, I like to leave you better than what I found you. See, some of y'all liked leave and want to take everything when you leave.
Speaker 2: Not me, not me. I'm gonna leave and leave you on a ten. I'm gonna leave you on a ten.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave you with all the toys, all the gift, the better credit, the better position, the better everything. See it's the real game, y'all. This is the real game. See some of y'all, y'all get mad, give me my shit. I'm coming up picking all my shit everything I did for you. I'm ah, not me, I'm gonna leave you better.
Speaker 2: Than what I found you. Why now, why would I do that? Now?
Speaker 1: Why would I do that? Well, I'll tell you why. I'll do it because I want to know.
Speaker 2: If you can maintain.
Speaker 1: I want to know, lady Bourn, if you can maintain, or the next one after me can maintain, because see, all she got to do is maintain. And see if what I did was so easy, it should be easy to maintain, right, it should be easy to maintain. All you gotta do is maintain. See if you leave and you take everything with you, then then the man can easily say, what the only reason why I'm doing bad is because you took everything with you. The reas why I'm bad because you took my last dollar. The on reason why I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Bad is ah not me. Let me go and you know what you need, baby, you need.
Speaker 1: What you need place cows car Let me go and give you ten thousand hego, you got that, you got that?
Speaker 2: Let me leave it all.
Speaker 1: And then so I want to leave you in such a position, in such a position that when I leave the situation, the impact will be felt because I'm just that good.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what I said? I said the impact will be felt.
Speaker 1: So what Amazon is doing, Amazon is saying thank you for joining Rodson. This will be a baby ball and straight shot no chaser on the podcast today on the Black Effac podcast Network.
Speaker 2: What Amazon is doing is they say.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave you doing the Christmas season, So we're gonna leave you when we know everybody need they packages, and y'all can write, y'all can write all y'all want about how this ain't gonna affect nobody. But I disagree. I disagree. I believe that Amazon said, well, we're gonna figure it out, and we're gonna make sure these five cities. Then let me give you the five cities that they said are gonna be on strike. They said, we're gonna make sure that these five cities. We're gonna penetrate in five cities. Somebody say penetrate, can see that makes a difference. This is also this is also how you make a difference. You have to penetrate in an area. This is how politics works. This is why the Democrat Party was unsuccessful and why you can't just say podcasts talking to ten million people all over the country. You gotta penetrate. So they're gonna make sure that they're doing three delivery hubs in South Carolina, south of southern California, one each in San Francis.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: New York, Atlanta, Georgia, in Illinois, not all over the place, but just those places. HM, so interesting, so interesting. Not only are they doing Atlanta, but it also says Georgia. I don't know where that other city will be, but two in Georgia, one of the swing states. That's gonna be interesting. Well, Georgia, y'all voted for Trump, so let's see what to do. Let's see what to do. And and I may say, y'all, I'm a new peach y'all, new peach alert effective in January. But I didn't vote in Georgia, so I'm saying, y'all, so let's see what to do now. They said, the Union is saying, well, this is not gonna affect thus we're gonna keep moving forward. Of course they're saying that because they want you to keep on ordering no problem. But I believe the devil is a lie. I believe that it will make a difference. I believe that Amazon is gonna have to get it together. I believe that hurting somebody when they need you most makes the difference. And I think this is actually wise to be honest with you. Even though packages are gonna be late, even though people ain't gonna get what they want. This is the only way. Sometimes you got to pop off and show them. Sometimes you got to pop out and show them. And so Amazon is saying, we're gonna wait until you need us most and then we're gonna go ahead and fall back. Now they're asking for higher wages, better benefits, and a safer worker condition as they're asking. Now, you guys, remember there was a strike that I covered on front paced News year before last.
Speaker 2: So they still striking again.
Speaker 1: This was one of the issues that I told you that was an issue in the Democrat in the last presidential election on why Democrats did lose a lot of favor because of all these strikes. And remember what the auto workers did in Michigan. Remember all those strikes. Y'all may not remember it, but they remember it, and they remember that when they went to the polls. So the answer that was, I guess they need to call President Trump. I guess they need to call President Trump and see what he got on those high rate wages. See, this is why I'm too petty to be a federal politician. Let me tell y'all why. That's why we all always say, chessa, you need to run well. If I do, it would be a city commission. That's as high as I could go, because I need a very very small group, a very small group of constituents, because I'm too petty to do federal shout out to the woman and preaching the building. I see he just popped up. Guys, go support his business. I had a chance to meet him in person at the award ceremony that I was being honored at, and he wanted to give me, guys a pocket. I forgot what it's called, but it's for men that wear suits. And I had to tell him I don't know no men to wear suits. So y'all go support. And I meant that though he's like, you can get this to the man in life, he must don't follow me, y'all let him know we we like blue collar workers over it. We don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know no man that need no pocket. What is it called? Brother?
Speaker 1: You still in the comments. I'm pausing the podcast just for a moment to shout you out. It's a pocket something here, pocket square, But it was something like hold all your It's like a little purse for the pocket and hold all you know the little stuff that the brother need for the suits and all that, and he was like, can I give it with you? And can you take it with you and give it to the I said, baby, don't know me your pocket glide, So I'm sorry woman to preach it. I like, uh, I like blue collar workers men and they don't wear no suits and they don't clean up to go nowhere nice and they don't be going to know.
Speaker 2: It's called a pocket glide. Y'all go check it out. Yeah, men, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, the men in my life like to wear dickies and uh and uh, you know, mechanic shirts and shit like that. So unfortunately I literally did and I didn't want to take your product because I don't have anybody to give it to. I literally don't have anybody to give it to. So guys, please connect with him if you wear suits and get his pocket glide, and if he wants to give you one for free on my behalf, would he just one to one person because he only offered me one, then hit him up and maybe he'll give you what he was gonna give me, because I literally I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't, I don't know nobody that we out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do Tims and Chucks and and and you know, blue collar workers over here all day long. And no disrespect to the brothers in the suits. I just you know, I just don't. I just I don't know nobody to well, so I didn't want to take this product so anyway, but shut.
Speaker 2: Out to him.
Speaker 1: So anyway, guys, this is what's happening with Amazon. I want you guys to keep me posted on you know, and another thing I would say, keep me posted to see if it made a difference and in the delivery. But we're not going to really be able to know because we don't know if it's gonna be because they're on strike. We don't know if it's because they're gonna be behind with the Christmas with the the Christmas thing. We don't know if it's gonna be behind you know, holidays in general. Uh, but we don't. So we're not gonna really better know if it did an impact, made an impact or not. But you know, we'll see. And thank you for the compliment, brother, for calling me super cute. And as I close this podcast, can I give you brother some advice. I don't like being called cute. And this is just for all women and let's let's kind of unpack this a little bit. Even though we're talking about Amazon, y'all show some love to Demetrius in the building, uh with the Mayor's office in Atlanta, my new best friend.
Speaker 2: Now, let me uh, let me end this.
Speaker 1: Podcast because those who want to hear about what this podcast is actually about.
Speaker 2: Which is the Amazon workers, let me end it now.
Speaker 1: Make sure you guys tap me in a straight Shot No Chaser, continue to stay updated on this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna follow this with Amazon.
Speaker 1: It will be Amazon workers in Atlanta will be affected, so keep me posted and let me know what's happening with that as well. We're gonna follow this story. Thank you so much, guys, a living straight Shot No Chaser peace. If you like what you heard on straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network in iHeartRadio on Teszlin figure Out, and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Cruffer and our executive producer Charlottagne no God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts,