Speaker 1: The second date of day. We really need to get a victory today, not just for our listener, but for ourselves.
Speaker 2: Too, cause I'll always take a victory.
Speaker 1: Brook's going through some deep ish right now with her leafe. Jose and I tried to high five in the break room and missed, embarrassing. It's a sad moment. And then Alexis's spray tan only covered three quarters of her body this week.
Speaker 2: Okay that it's hard to get my back on my own.
Speaker 1: And that's better than usual, by the way. Yeah, it's it's a mess and we're all a little down and out right now, including Tiffany, who's on the phone because she's having trouble getting a guy to ask her out again. Tiffany, if you could describe your mood right now using one emoji, what emoji would it be?
Speaker 3: I like this question.
Speaker 4: Probably that one that's like the dejected sad face.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one that's drooling. Not that one. Maybe asking emojis wasn't the best way to start, Tiffany, but maybe instead tell us about the guy that you want us to contact. Who's he?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Mike, we met on an app and I thought it was really funny, like one thing I remember from his profile is that he liked to take the scenic route.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's what he wrote as his like biome.
Speaker 4: Like a little tagline. Yeah, I thought that was kind of cute.
Speaker 1: He takes a long time to do stuff, then most people get done in a short amount.
Speaker 5: Of I feel like he's just late to everything.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, well.
Speaker 4: I mean it's less room for discovery, Like is he later or is he more just like a really present soak up time with people you know may like me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what did you guys do on your date?
Speaker 4: Well, so we talked a lot before our date. Like, I'm not someone who just like dates a lot of people. I'm the one at a time kind of person, and I wanted to really get to know him before we went out. So we talked a lot.
Speaker 1: And he takes the scenic rout. Even setting up a first date, it takes a long time.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I'm a scenic rout kind of person myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what do you guys talk about?
Speaker 4: We talked about all sorts of things and we had really good conversation and then he asked me out, and well, I didn't tell you guys this because I know it's like technically second date update, but we actually have been out twice. So the first time was happy hour and I just like wanted to talk to him more so when he asked me how the second time, I went and he asked me to go back to his place watch movie and I did, and oh, stayed the night And.
Speaker 2: Then you did stay the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: It was just like one of those things where when we were at his place, it just felt like we had known each other for a really long time, like it was comfortable, we were cozy. It just felt good. It didn't see like, oh, this is the first time of at your place. It felt it felt very like.
Speaker 1: A family member, like a younger problem, I mean, asistant.
Speaker 2: Like someone in a relationship with That is what I said.
Speaker 5: Do you think you said anything to scare them, like you talk too much about wanting to be in a relationship or something.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, anything is possible, Like I don't claim to be the perfect dat anything like that. This just felt good and I'm confused.
Speaker 1: YEA, amazing. It was easy, maybe too natural and easy as a red flag, though sometimes people get scared by that. There be more problems here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't know. I didn't see any problems. And then since then it's just been like friends. It's been very much like the texts aren't as common or as frequent, and I don't know something. He is just like friendly and I don't know, like if you met someone else or is something went wrong?
Speaker 1: Okay, it seems a little bit odd, especially because you've been out with him twice and spent the night. I mean, Alexis talk so much. If that ever happened to you, Like, what's your read on the situation?
Speaker 2: You better text me the next day.
Speaker 1: Ask you what do you think that you did wrong? Alexis loving never me? Something's wrong with the dumb question? O, Timny do you think that there's anything that you could have done wrong?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I mean, I'm sure it's possible, but that's that's kind of what I need help with, Like, I just don't know.
Speaker 5: It may be like, I know you're a date only one person at a time type of person, but maybe he's not.
Speaker 2: Did you guys discuss that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like on his stating profile it said he was looking for a long term relationship and marriage. So about that, I thought we were kind of on the seat peage.
Speaker 5: So he I mean, like even that is set in the vibe where he's not like a one night only type of guy.
Speaker 6: Well, some guys may be embarrassed by their performance or something, or maybe he's a little shy and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, it wasn't my best I think I think we get it. No, I think we get it. But Brooke said, what so I don't keep going.
Speaker 2: It's like she's calling him back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't that be enough affirmation he wouldn't want it.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have anything to be embarrassed about, right, No.
Speaker 4: Definitely not.
Speaker 1: He definitely doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, but sometimes when when somebody likes the scenic route, I mean, you just want to see the scenes one time and then you're good. You don't keep driving back down that same road over and over in this movie. Yeah, maybe he's seen it before.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've ever.
Speaker 7: Heard you're looking for love.
Speaker 1: We're trying to find answers here and hopefully, but we already kissed one there. We'll see what he has to say though, when we come back and try and get your second date update right after this? All right, Okay, hold on We've been talking to Tiffany about her dates plural, because she went on two of them flex there with a guy named Mike. The second one ended in a sleepover over at his place.
Speaker 2: An I don't know if I've ever called it sleepover, Jeff.
Speaker 1: That's what it was, an adult sleepover. And Tiffany, I feel like we've gotten close enough over the last few minutes for me to call you a nickname at this point. Is it cool if I call you tea dog? Or should I just stick with.
Speaker 4: Tiff No, I prefer Tiffany, my friend.
Speaker 1: Oh the full Tiffany okay dog is just insulting.
Speaker 2: Almost.
Speaker 1: That's how you know that I'm cool with you if I put a dog afterwards. But so, Tiffany is confused because after having this great connection with Mike, who maybe I should call Michael to not offend her. At this point, he's not calling her back, and she wants some answers. Luck Brook knows exactly what went wrong. Brooke, go ahead tell him.
Speaker 5: Yes, I actually have no idea.
Speaker 2: Why would I know? I mean, I sound so lovely.
Speaker 1: The answers.
Speaker 2: I'm bummed out for her.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a guy who says he's looking for a serious relationship. He makes an amazing connection with a woman. Yeah, totally, and then nothing.
Speaker 1: Does that make you feel better, Tiffany, there's no reason for him to not be calling you back, but he's still not doing it better.
Speaker 4: I guess not really, he depressed her even more.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a reasonable explanation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I just I thought he was really lovely. It felt really easy, it felt right. I would really like to see where it goes, because I don't feel that like comfort and natural feeling on very often.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm really hoping this works out for you.
Speaker 1: Well, let's find out for sure. We're gonna call him and see what he has to say you.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get up on the line. Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Is this Mike?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: This is he?
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey? My name is Jeff but all my friends call me Jay Dog.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, how can I help?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, man, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: What's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm trying to heard of you guys. Kind of Why am I on this show?
Speaker 1: Well, you're on this show for a segment we do called the Second Date Update because you went out on a couple of hot dates with one of our listeners named Tiffany.
Speaker 7: Oh, Tiffany Hu.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sounds like you two had a lot of fun together.
Speaker 7: I don't know if they were hot, but yeah, we went on a t date. They were interesting.
Speaker 2: Wait did you say that they weren't hot?
Speaker 3: I didn't find them to be that say, I don't know, maybe insulting, a little depressing, the middle of the let down. She's a nice girling up.
Speaker 2: But didn't she stay the night at your house?
Speaker 7: I don't know how much you talk to Siffany.
Speaker 1: But so we we did speak to her a little bit. From what we've learned, there were two separate dates that you guys went on, Yes, one that it was a happy hour and the second one was I.
Speaker 5: Think dinner and then back to your place something you watch a movie and she stayed the night.
Speaker 7: I mean dinner was fine. I think. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, he repeatedly fell asleep during kind of serious conversation about.
Speaker 1: No way, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Well, let me give you example, kind of like nailing the coffin for me.
Speaker 7: Was I was talking about.
Speaker 3: Time I almost died once I'm not a big out doory rec guyike climb I ski So.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, are you sitting at dinner talking about this or you back at the house, like on the couch.
Speaker 1: Where are you.
Speaker 7: That moment was back at the couch after the dinner. Okay, yeah, so I'm you know, I'm whitewater rafting. It went the wrong way, almost about to go over a fall and was bad.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of the exciting interesting part when I don't die and I look over and I thought.
Speaker 7: Maybe she was closing her eyes because like, ah, it's dressed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, she was.
Speaker 7: She was out like a light.
Speaker 3: Oh and you know, I get it.
Speaker 7: We all worked, life's busy. She might have been tired.
Speaker 3: But he's falling asleep on like two other phone calls at night when we've just been chatting trying to get to know each other.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm kind of jealous she could do that.
Speaker 7: Maybe I bore her. I don't know, my life's boring to her, or she just likes to hear herself.
Speaker 2: Did I ask?
Speaker 5: Is she was she drunk during all these times that she fell asleep?
Speaker 7: No, not drunk at all, Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I'm wide awake for her stories and she's telling hers.
Speaker 7: And then she won't zogs out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because when we talked to her, Tiffany didn't mention anything about falling asleep, probably because she didn't remember falling asleep.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: But I see during the movie because some people you turn a movie on instantly out.
Speaker 1: But the phone conversation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could go to sleep right now, and maybe.
Speaker 1: It's it's a good idea to bring Tiffany on the line right now before she falls asleep. Just listening to this because I need to tell you, Mike, she's been on the other line this entire time.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, what do you mean she's on the line now, like listening to our conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the segment works. We have them waiting to jump in. Tiffany, are you awake.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm awake.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was a moment there.
Speaker 2: Wait you sound you sound mad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm frustrated because really, I mean, I remember you telling me about the story that you died or whatever, like I remember that, but every time.
Speaker 7: I was walking about important things in my life that weren't boring, and we're interesting in full climate. You were not there, you were sleeping, were loosing off.
Speaker 1: Maybe your life isn't as interesting as you think it is, Mike, and you need to have more or crazy experiences to hold her attention.
Speaker 7: I guess that's the message. But I'm looking for like long term love and marriage and wait, I don't want someone who falls asleep, like do you take this man?
Speaker 1: How long are you?
Speaker 4: Stories?
Speaker 5: Like, let's be real, I mean you guys, I mean, it doesn't matter if we think they're born or not. Because Tiffany said to us, Mike, like when you were on the phone, how amazing you were and how interesting you were and how connected she felt to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I just felt very at ease and comfortable. And I guess you know, it was a Thursday, it was the end of the week. I was the Keith and I just dozed off a little bit. Like it's not an insult.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he has such a nice couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the human version of a sleeping show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I get, maybe I get being comfortable on me, but I'm just.
Speaker 7: Not into that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, But you say that you're looking for long term relationships in marriage, that's kind of what happens when you get married. You kind of just start to tune each other out and fall asleep in the middle conversations. Am I right broke.
Speaker 3: That's but not at the beginning, not at the beginning, hopefully.
Speaker 1: Well if you don't want your marriage to last that long.
Speaker 3: Apparently you know, the next morning she's kind of sheep to see, like leep, so like, can you finish the story?
Speaker 7: And you know, it's just like wait what that's even more off putting to me.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I thought you guys like had a night together together.
Speaker 4: I never said that. I just said I stood the night there.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the perverts over here that we we just assume.
Speaker 5: Who would assume that she fell asleep in the middle of the story, and.
Speaker 4: Just how she just stayed I mean, what do you want Like we made out. It was it's like my first time going over there.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that in the first grade. It doesn't impress her.
Speaker 5: It's hard to think of like making out and then getting so tired immediately after.
Speaker 1: God, okay, I think we're kind of losing the point of the problem here, which is her falling asleep while he's trying to talk to her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know me.
Speaker 3: I really don't think you're as injur me as you say you are, because like, if you were, you wouldn't be falling asleep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just would at least have a better vibe about if you fall at sleep once or something, but so many times during I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't convince you that I had those times. Like I've told you, I like you. I thought it was natural. I can't convince you of that if you've decided that you bore me.
Speaker 1: You know, the fact that she reached out to a radio station to get in touch with you is a pretty good hint that she has feelings, some sort of feelings.
Speaker 3: Fall asleep three times like, actually, yeah, not yet, right, not yet?
Speaker 7: I know, I just those feelings aren't mutual.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you don't even want to give her at least a chance to stay awake for an entire day. We'll send you out at noon to really, and we'll pump her full of seven red bulls right before coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that I wouldn't do it either.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Well, I'm sorry it sounds like Tiffany, we're not going to be able to get you out another time. With Mike.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not hitting on him or anything, jeff but I got two kids that will not go to sleep.
Speaker 2: So if he was a pop on my house anytime.
Speaker 1: Mike, if you want a babysit, we only need you for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'll probably get further with her than with Tiffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Jeffrey in the morning. I might be alone on this, but I feel like it is a compliment when somebody falls asleep while you're talking because they're so comfortable with your voice and your presence. It's like a warm blanket coming home.
Speaker 2: That's not how you show you're excited in somewhere check Well.
Speaker 1: It gives me a great excuse for when Brooke tells me another story about her kids. Okay, oh what they were doing? What to tell me more about the art project that they were doing. Sorry, I fell asleep because I'm just so comfortable with you and your family. Oh yeah, Actually, you know, after hearing that, it does sound kind of bad. It isn't. I'm gonna switch side. It's not a thing to fall asleep during a date, ever, especially.
Speaker 5: If someone's mid story about how they almost die.
Speaker 2: The worst storyteller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it would have been more story yeah long, or maybe it would be more exciting if he did die, that'd be a great story to tell for sleep. Yeah. But uh, you know what, if you ever want to get some help getting another date, we can be that help for you. Hopefully well, promise to do better than we did today. Just email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back. And find any of our second day podcasts up online wherever you get your podcast at. Brooke and Jeffrey Like subscribe, Like subscribe, like subscribe yea
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.