Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome home, everybody. This is Tiffany Cross here with Andrew Gillham and Angela Rai right next to me. We get to be in the same place today. Yay, I'm so well two of us. Yes, I'm actually so thrilled today because we have a special guest with us, the young Noah de Barrasso. At just thirteen years old, Noah is joining us on the Reason Choice Media network with his very own show, now you know, with Noah de Barasso. It'll launch at the end of the month on all platforms, so do please keep an eye out for that. And Noah, we're so happy to have you. Welcome to the show, mister thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: Hey, we outside inside at the studio.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't already talked about this. We inside.
Speaker 1: We can't give the kids misinformation, Noah, we expect you to correct this information.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right, Noah, Noah, Noah man listen, Welcome back, Welcome home, Welcome back. It's been about a year, right since we last saw you, but.
Speaker 1: The last yeah, and I didn't know it was you.
Speaker 2: I was like, you were on my list of people I wanted me.
Speaker 1: I was like, I wanted to meet Andrew Gilliam and I'm being so for real, and you interviewed me, and I didn't know you were on this show, so I was It was a surprise to me that Andrew Gillam was interviewing with me, and I couldn't look for you because you were right there.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Well listen, you'll get the chance to interview us now. You know at some point with this new kickoff of the show, tell me what drove you to this decision?
Speaker 1: Why now?
Speaker 4: Why this? You're thirteen, you know you're about to you know, you the man, You've been the man.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: But but but life is about to get more hectic. Why this podcast now?
Speaker 2: The podcast now? It is a crucial time.
Speaker 1: I am not only going to combat misinformation like I just spread about being outside real misinformation and combat the worst people that I can combat.
Speaker 2: Not only that, but I am in it.
Speaker 1: To make and get people, get people in a good move because people need to laugh in this moment, and we're not. I'm not going to bore anyone I'm going to spread good information while.
Speaker 2: Being entertaining at the same time.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: That's the nonscripted answer. Well, that's what we want. We want the unscripted answer. Noah.
Speaker 1: You know one of the things that drew all of our attention to you, I believe last summer during the Democratic National Convention, you were going up to people giving it to him. You were debating people that are about five times your age, all with facts, and I was like, he is so impressive, he knows his stuff.
Speaker 2: We gotta have him on the show. Everybody agreed.
Speaker 1: So again, it is a thrill to have you back on with us and most importantly a part of the Reason Choice Media family.
Speaker 2: So we do welcome you.
Speaker 1: We look forward to listening to all of the breakdowns. But want to know where you got that from? Like you I had, it took me a while to be able to combat the worst among us factually and took a little bit of political background. You're too young to have a job, So where did you.
Speaker 2: Get that from?
Speaker 1: It's look, it's so important. I love debating people. Like if someone says he that that that thing of beans got thirty eight calories, I'm like no, And especially if they're so loud and wrong about it, I'm like no, And then I google it. And then if they find a way to try to find an excuse and back out of it, I can. I can get them back. It's like you're pivoting, So I am. I love to debate and I love to call out, like you said, the worst among us, and I do that with only facts, and then on the long way, I might crackle a joke on their head about the bankruptcy or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's sort it's not.
Speaker 3: So Noah, tell us about the podcast. What is the format? Is it just you informing an audience or will you have guests?
Speaker 1: It's just me, and most of the time I will have guests. I actually will. In fact, we have Stacy Abrams and we also have coming on, and we have a few others. It's going to be great. And most of the time I will I'll be going through the issues. I'll look at all the issues and stuff, and then along the way I'll give the facts about it. But sometimes it's going to be a solopod. Sometimes it's going to be a guest on. Now you know, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: No, I got a quick question about most folks your age, I think you probably would agree, are not as deeply rooted in politics. How do you help your generation and frankly those above your generation, because there are a lot of folks who are feeling disaffected, right, how do you help them to relate to what's happening in politics and how it relates to their everyday lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just tell them why they should care.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think the saying oh, we need to go vote because they people going to do the roles in the bridges.
Speaker 2: They didn't really care about that.
Speaker 1: But if you're saying the the tariffs are gonna start affecting your ps five, right, they're gonna start caring and they're gonna go to the polls. There's some elections I don't pay attention. I need to start paying attention to more local stuff. But there was a something going on in Georgia state wide and they were like, Okay, but how will this affect my utility bill?
Speaker 2: And I was like, personally, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know about your utility bill, but what I can tell you is that this directly impacts your bills.
Speaker 2: And so you should go out and vote.
Speaker 1: In this election and they and they did so because it affected them directly. But saying we need to save democracy that didn't really work for Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: That did that cost them to drop out.
Speaker 1: So you got to use messaging that really that they care about, that works for them. Nice when you consider again, and I hate to make everything about your age, but no, you know you are the exception for your demographic How do you, uh, let me say this way, how did you get so interested in the political process and making sure that people got involved our vote voting really on your behalf because you can't vote yet. Yeah, well it comes from an obligation. I was not always political. I used to do roadblocks videos, I used to do lifestyle content. I just used to do you do public stuff. And so I started making endorsements because I don't really do a lot of I don't do a crazy amount of Like a lot of people tweet out charity links. I tweet out political fundraisers because it's more of a direct impact, and so if I can make that kind of direct impact, it's great, and use a platform to really promote good candidates, like mister Gillan was over here and in tight, tight, tight races and make sure that they get through the finish line. But what made you so you're at thirteen years old when we met you last year year twelve?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? What made you care about this?
Speaker 1: Like most, you know, young people, if they're talking about a fundraiser link, they're like, this is for my Christmas money, right, So it's like, girl, it's still different. So is there somebody in your family who's into political content or someone who ran for office? What made you personally want to get involved?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily.
Speaker 1: So I actually got everyone registered and active, and so I got everyone following y'all before and everyone, and so they can get into more people that are involved.
Speaker 2: And they said, you saw what.
Speaker 1: Angela Ry posted, But she was like, they just took away this and I was like, yeah, I'm the one who told you about it, and so not from that, but it really comes from it really stems from just having having the obligation to do it and and giving people the opportunity to promote their campaigns. I mainly care because it's a direct impact on me. Even I want to be able to look up when I am able to vote and have a good nominee for president. And so it's a it's a it's a great sense of obligation as well as interest. Okay, wait, no, this is my last one. I'm deferding my co host. I'm gonna push on you a little bit. Since you like to debate. You haven't obligation that came from somewhere, So I'm not saying it had to be in your home, direct family.
Speaker 2: Is there, a teacher? Is there?
Speaker 1: You know, somebody at your church?
Speaker 2: Like where did this?
Speaker 1: Did you turn on the TV one day and you were like that is not true. I could debate them. I would win something. What was the spark? There's a spark that came from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So I met Stacy Abrams in twenty twenty two and a bunch of people I posted the picture and a bunch of people were asking me, okay why, and so every time I would tell them they had some type of rebuttal. I think you asked the question perfectly. They had some type of rebuttal, and then I had some type of rebuttal, and then I won the rebuttal. And so I can do if I can do that with everyone on a mass scale, That's why I'm so excited about the opening of the podcast to do that on a mass scale. Give that type of rebuttal, give people talking points. It's a great deal.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Now let me ask you, the podcast space is very, very crowded, and so for all the people who are listening to this episode, listening to you, what's your pitch to them? Why should they two into your podcast given the three million podcasts that exists. Give us your best pitch. This is why you should tune in to now, you know is Noah Demarasso.
Speaker 2: So I'm look at the camera. I'm gonna give my pitch.
Speaker 1: So first things first, I think I'm going to give logical information that makes sense that you didn't have beforehand, while also being entertaining. And I think a lot of problem with a lot of podcasts, maybe two million, eight hundred thousand of those podcasts, they I cannot get into them. A lot of podcasts are not interesting and they bore you halfway the thirty minutes. So for enable to me, for me to keep track of the podcast, they have to say something that I can pick up on. And so if you're just saying information after information, I'm like, hold up, wait, let me get my pen and write down what you're saying because it's constant. So I think I am going to provide a good logical breakdown while also entertaining you at the same time, well.
Speaker 3: More than the cable news outlets are doing this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the fake news. Oh what you said?
Speaker 4: You hope the audience will be what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What you want? Younger folks? You want older folks? Does it matter?
Speaker 2: Well, everyone's invited.
Speaker 1: Everyone's invited my cookout. It's I'm gonna have the aunties. I'm gonna have the gen Oh know.
Speaker 4: Y'all y'all heard that, right, Yeah, everybody's invited to his cookout. Y'all had some discriminatory practices around our cookout. Really, yeah, you gotta check out the episode.
Speaker 2: Go back a little bit, Lady, you're invited?
Speaker 4: Thirteen year old? Acceptable? But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Can I pull up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Brother, Okay, all right, cool, cool.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a kids plate though I know, I know, yeah, we don't play about that.
Speaker 2: So I got you.
Speaker 1: But but for sure, So I am welcoming everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm welcoming gen Z.
Speaker 1: I think I can appeal to gen Z for obvious reasons, like when Kamala Harris them the campaign trail. They sent me to talk to a certain demographic eighteen through twenty four and they're so hard headed that only I can get to them, and so it worked greatly. And the Aunties. I'm welcoming the Aunties because they they send in such great suggestions and such great You should talk to Stacy Abrams about this, And I don't know what the pot where the podcast would be production wise without the Aunties and UKs and everyone else. Everyone is welcome and everyone will have a place to a place to listen to, to be entertained at.
Speaker 3: Well. No We've We've definitely asked you a lot about you, but I've been told that you actually have some questions for us.
Speaker 2: Right now, I do. Well.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, guys, we do have to end the mini pod here, but I just want to say what a delight it was being in conversation with you, Noah, and for all the folks listening, you can catch the rest of this conversation on Now you Know with Noah Zebrasso and it is out July thirtieth on all platforms. I'm so excited. I'll definitely be tuning in knowing if you ever get any swag, we will wear it. On Native land Pie to help promote your platform. We're super excited probably you brother so much. Thank you, Noah, Thanks, thanks for listening, and welcome home y'all.
Speaker 4: Native Lampard is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with reisent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.