Speaker 1: Look Mayer, Oh, I see you, my own Bowen. Look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, goodness, lost.
Speaker 1: Culture ding dong, lost culturistas calling.
Speaker 2: Why the pregnant pause? Oh wait, hold on for podcast or visual medium, Matt and I synergistic again.
Speaker 1: It kind of keeps happening. So I come in today and I think there's no way that Bowen is gonna wear a pop culture icon on his shirt today, like I am, because I'm kind of giving my icon Mariyah. And you walk in clad in Bruce.
Speaker 2: Lee, you know, lad in it and I have. I have my thing with Bruce Lee, which is just someone who looms large. But I don't like I'm finally gonna come out as like a Bruce Lee stan. I like it's only in my bedroom, literally, like you know that, Like I have that Italian poster of this is.
Speaker 1: A queer narrative.
Speaker 2: This is a queer narrative.
Speaker 1: It just existed in your bedroom as a child, and now it's roaring to life in public.
Speaker 2: Well, all these politicians out here saying keep that in the bedroom to.
Speaker 1: Me, Yeah, and you finally defied them here, I am look at this. I love this cut and color on you similar to the cut and color on our guests. We've got a lot of primary action happening in here. This is the day I meet my pen pal. Ah, this is like when you meet like your pen and pal from when you were young, but just adult version. I was gonna say, like when you have like because you know when you were little, did they ever give you a pen pal from like a far away school? Do you have your program ever do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I want to say once or twice. But so when I moved from Canada, all the kids wrote little postcards. Oh that's so sweet. And then I think the first week we moved to Colorado, I was like, Dad, where are the postcards? He was like, I can't find them?
Speaker 1: And I thought got it?
Speaker 2: Never ready, of course, still still thinking about it all these years later.
Speaker 1: You could cry now if you feel like there's still some left in the tank. Our guest would support it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I haven't hydrated enough today. Well I think, no, no, no, are you wanted some.
Speaker 1: Of our guest Arctic vibe, which is in a cop and looks sick like poison?
Speaker 2: This is what this is why, this is why Celsius doesn't come in a clear container. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's really get into it what we came here to talk about today, which is what Celsius looks like in a clear container. Certainly not the excellent third album. It's it's a step forward.
Speaker 2: It's the third album down.
Speaker 1: Which was tough to do because we were already pretty forward. I went to that concert. Bodies were hitting the ground, Bodies were hitting the ground. People were getting so overwhelmed. Bodies were hitting the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, we were saying, these girls were like forming a circle, clutching each other.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like it. Girls grabbed hands and created like a ringutiful and it didn't matter who else was there. It was their floor.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yes, nothing in the circle, No, just their energy. Well that that's that's a lot of floor. That's a lot of area.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to get in it, you could have crawled under them. It just didn't feel right. It was their floor.
Speaker 2: You, I think you have something to say about that you should address, like just just just taking up the air. Yeah, let's let's put our guest. And she's incredible in every way. Everyone welcome.
Speaker 3: Sip of Arctic of Arctic piss. This is the treat of my life to be here. And also I don't want to speak. I just want to like sit this. It feels you know, there's like fever dream moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh I have to speak.
Speaker 1: You have to how about this? You name the episode? Yeah, no matter, I must have to find about.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, whatever you say, it's your house.
Speaker 1: Will say it. And only if you confirm it.
Speaker 2: Can it be great?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like you're going to be the vibe of saying the rules of culture with us today.
Speaker 2: I want you to.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's I do it. I do it when I'm on the train in my headphones. Like you'll say something and I will predict, and sometimes I'm surprised when you don't make something confirmed.
Speaker 1: Breeder, I guess finalist, finalist, Well, of course finalists.
Speaker 3: Cheers, cheer. Let me expose just how piss like this is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely wait, I want to I want to bring something up right off the bat. I was at Jake Shane's house.
Speaker 3: Oh is it the bag?
Speaker 2: It was not the bag. I saw the books that you gifted him. Yes, and I squealed, and I go, of course, Gracie fucking reads Eve bab bit and you.
Speaker 3: Know what, kaya and I Yes, I had a Library Science conversation about Eve Babbitts and Joe Didion, And it was one of my like, it was one of those moments where you're just relieved when people read. But and I was, and I was relieved to gift Jake books.
Speaker 2: Yes, what was the relief?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, he will He's the he's the He was the first to say it. He was like, do you read? I was like, I do, do you?
Speaker 2: He was like crazy, yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: He was like, I will read. I told him. I was like, I'm going to send you a like the just the beginning of your library, and I wrote him and then he was like, I will read. I was like the title, I will.
Speaker 2: Read, the the book cover, the blurbs. I said, no, you should actually read these, like like these are incredible first like starter package.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you approved of them.
Speaker 2: Oh yes. And I was like, Jake, you would actually fucking love you babbits because she's talking about.
Speaker 3: She's just talking about the culture. She's talking about the culture and the babbits.
Speaker 1: She's just talking about the culture. It's real culture, number two babbits. She's just talking about the culture. Then you're dancing in.
Speaker 3: He's really good. It's so nice. It's so nice in this room. Thank you with all of you.
Speaker 1: Well, our best friend Jared is here and he never comes and sits in, but he is one of.
Speaker 3: Your great fact.
Speaker 1: Jared, we were there at your concert where the girls were were ringing ringing around there. Do you see this from the stage?
Speaker 3: And actually we were just talking about this like ten minutes ago, about the concept. Like someone's like, oh, is there a marsh And I was like, well, there is. I wouldn't. I don't know if I would use that that word. I would.
Speaker 1: It's a saush, it's a soft mash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it is. You make a good point, like what's happening to that floor space because they stay wide, which I also I'm like, everybody take their space and it is theirs to it is theirs to. They they chose to be on the floor, it's their floor.
Speaker 2: You know what our phones out, our phones out phones.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm I'm pro put them, I'm your pro put them down, But well, I actually I live on. I think I'm pro soak up the experience. You went out of your way to be here. It's like you paid money to be here. If you want to record every single second of it. I advocate for that to you. I'm not antiphone. I'm pro presence.
Speaker 2: So there's this book that's coming out called The Story of Your Life. I have not read it, but I'm seeing like people who are getting galleys like talk about how this is this author that writes about how social media is whatever about defining all our lives, but specifically when it comes to pulling out your phone at a concert, this is why we do it. Are you ready? Yeah, it's because you're so overwhelmed with emotion and in the modern the modern condition is such that you don't know how to process and sit with the emotion then, other than to take out your phone and record something, because I don't watch that stuff back. No, you never do.
Speaker 1: And also the experience of other people watching it is never going to be as good. I think it's a thing of like you are anticipating a moment so much you think the number one thing to do is capturing, when what you really should do. What happens to me is I know this to be true, So I'll have my phone out and I'll just capture like a boring part of any song so that I see the part that's worth capturing or whatever.
Speaker 3: Pulling my phone out is the curse for what I'm like, my goal is immediately gone. Like there's no there's no success rate, absolutely low success rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because at a concert you can't play the song again, and that's real culture number three. At a concert, you can't play the song.
Speaker 3: Again unless you're Audrey Hobert and you do see me twice she does, she does and you know what she does, which actually, maybe this isn't mine for me. Well, it's the best show. Have you guys seen her live yet?
Speaker 2: We did a show in l A for Katie Crutchfield and Darcy Cardon and.
Speaker 4: Now oh yeah, and you guys, I saw you guys singing together together and that was Again it's one of those things it's like, well, I can't rank why, like in order, what's the best thing about Audrey's like.
Speaker 3: Rise, Yes, selfishly, I think it's that I get to see more of my friends like on the internet doing things.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when we're not in the same place, like I got to just open Instagram and you two are singing together on stage. That is what I would like that in my fantasy, I'd be like, in my simulation, I'd be like Bowen and Audrey are now on stage together. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I feel like it is this is we are living in your simulation.
Speaker 3: Well today we are because I get to watch to you do your job and you get to watch me drink piss.
Speaker 1: You know what's what probably rocks most about the Audrey situation.
Speaker 2: And I think the Audry situation situation title of that well.
Speaker 1: I was going to say stay wide, but I didn't want to be rude to have one in the room crass title crass idea for a title stay wid Why anyway? Moving on, I feel like it's that thing of when you just you think that someone around you is really special and then the world starts to confirm it. Well, we're like, oh whoa, whoa, whoa, Like these these things that I got to experience, everyone's getting that same feeling, and that's that's fun.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like the It's I grew up with her voice in my head all the time every day for sixteen years, and I'm just I just now others get to have that, So I'm just like, we're all better.
Speaker 2: Off jealous, You're jealous.
Speaker 3: I'm guys, I have a it's the best. Also, Also, I mean, and I never want to move on from this topic, but to see, I'm just so excited because she's she's doing festivals this summer, like can you imagine being at Lala And then like, can you imagine like being at Lala and if you for some reason don't know who she is yet? And then you hear like and you're like, I'm gonna chase.
Speaker 1: That audience that's there is going to be giving. It's going to be a Chapel moment.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say I think so, because when Suey first came out and the video came out, I was like, like, I I feel like Matt. Matt was on Chapel from the jump.
Speaker 3: I remember it. I remember.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say this on pod, but I felt too shy because I feel like I'm not as prescient as you. But I was like, I think this Audrey Hobert girl is.
Speaker 1: Like no, you were always right about that.
Speaker 3: Also, but you've all, in my experience, you've always been supporting, Like.
Speaker 2: I support the Core for sure, for sure, but I'm also like I'm not I'm not gonna be as like I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: You're not being declarative.
Speaker 2: I don't want to stick his.
Speaker 1: Neck out because what if something horrible, God forbid, like a flop, like a flop single.
Speaker 2: No, there's no chance with that chance with sixteen years. But then the process been the same when you guys have been writing together where it's like wine nights or is it it's changed over time.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like we just lived together. Well well well well well well we we just were we were roommates, yes, and then we just started writing songs together, which is like such a weird all of a sudden one day because I imagine with the two of you, what you make together, it was probably not like a.
Speaker 1: Born out of friendship instead of like we have to create Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: There's no like sit down conversation. It's just like there's a guitar and both of us are there and we're already like we just started laughing while we were strumming, and then it made it. It made it. That was like the bar for us of what we chose to keep in like lyrics that either felt so correct or made us laugh the hardest.
Speaker 1: You said that about that so true too. Yeah, you guys were cracking up by the end of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we have a song on this album as well that that we wrote I think the same week that we did that's so true, which like also made us giggle in that sense, you know.
Speaker 1: On this album Mini Bar Mini Bar is fab.
Speaker 3: It's like zippy. Yeah, well, she's just it's like there's that there's that I feel like the shorthand of your best friend, and and it's just so yeah, yes, well you don't I wish she was here.
Speaker 1: No, it is that thing where it's like you don't think it's going to translate, and then it very much does. It's what I always wish that things are more specific and less broad. I mean, but we should say specifically. You guys are wearing the same goddamn shoe today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have an amazing point.
Speaker 2: I don't know if my arch is non existent.
Speaker 3: I think, what do you mean non existent? Like you're just flat?
Speaker 1: You're currently I'm flat.
Speaker 3: I'm flat?
Speaker 2: Really you wait, we're just gonna step on I don't think.
Speaker 3: So, honey, are you gonna steal on it right now?
Speaker 2: I feel like sounds like you have some foot in security.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, no sounds like no no, no no, because of what I said, because we can't.
Speaker 3: Oh because my ankles. Ankles about my ankles, I just sometimes but but yeah, let's make it personal. It's my ankles. I actually I would love to talk about feet.
Speaker 2: I have a couple.
Speaker 3: I have a few questions. Over New Year's we were all.
Speaker 2: Well, we were all there there for New Years.
Speaker 3: Over New Year's we were all talking about Wiki feet, that's the thing. And I had never explored that platform. Yes, and many of our friends have explored it, which I was like, okay, totally like I anyway, news to me, Okay, there is there's there's ratings, and there are comments. Okay, so I have in my mind wide feet. I've just noticed this. Okay everyone look.
Speaker 2: Literally no, no.
Speaker 3: This part bone to.
Speaker 1: Bone, well, every honey, everyone's foot there.
Speaker 3: I know it's the widest part of the foot in theory. But I've always felt this, and so I'm for the first time in my life over New Years this past year on Wiki feet with everyone, and I come across a comment about my own that this this man wasn't writing from a place of like any fetish or like there was no sexual angle. It was as if he was a doctor, going like, I fear she might have like a bunion in her future.
Speaker 2: You don't have a bunyan girl in your future. In my future, we don't know psychic and you wish she had had more of a sexual fetish. She sort of angle to it. No, No, I.
Speaker 3: Definitely I wasn't like damn it, but I was a no. But I was then curious, like and so and so, having already noticed when I put on heels that are like meant for like a lady, sometimes my foot feels too wide to go in section. So anyway, basically, no, I'm like, is he right? And then like and that, I wonder like, is there something preventive that I could be doing.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm onto something.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are.
Speaker 2: You are spiraling with this man's voice in your.
Speaker 3: Head about everything feet, about.
Speaker 2: Everything feet and everything.
Speaker 1: You so much you just you just locked it in the title of that is everything feet.
Speaker 3: That guy's gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Of course, I will say, I feel like I have some of the most beautiful feet in the history of man.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to ask you to show him, but I will find you on WOOKI feet? Have you looked up your score?
Speaker 1: I've looked on it. I'm one of those frees.
Speaker 3: One of our friends, she was so proud about being the highest ranking member in the group that like.
Speaker 1: You're too proud.
Speaker 2: You said, you're too proud, And I was.
Speaker 3: Like, but I would also probably react that way if there weren't doctors in my in my forum.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I think the way I feel about my feet is I need I need to apply this. I need to I need to be written large in terms of my whole life, where I'm like, oh, it doesn't matter what other people think because my rating on wiki feed is in the gutter what And I'm like, I don't care. This is actually dead wrong.
Speaker 3: When people review your album like it fucking sucks, but it's like I had a fun.
Speaker 2: Making it exactly.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, you know, it's a part of your soul.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like my feet are they're they're treating if Wicked Feet is Pitchfork, they're treating my feet like it's like it's an apple because like, I have a very high rating, and I have to tell you, I would not describe my feet as Fiona apple coated. I think my feet are.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Everyone who sees my feet are just like, put those away?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Hold on, My friend Dave calls them the steaks. Jared appy, what do you think you hate them? They're bad, They're not good.
Speaker 2: Why describe I'm going to be very vulnerable?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well finally I'm was like talking about like.
Speaker 1: You're like a few years ago. A few years ago, I made the fatal, the fatal mistake of yes, showering at the Hollywood Equinox with no shoes on.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is actually a part of my later really please.
Speaker 1: As a result, I got athlete's foot, and it really wasn't good there for a little while, and to the point where like it had to be, like I had to, I had to start a relationship.
Speaker 3: With Jared is shaking his head.
Speaker 1: You can't believe I'm this candid on the pod?
Speaker 3: Was it visually a thing?
Speaker 1: Just let's just say I was surprised to see my wicked feet rating so high. Jesus, last last as long as you let it.
Speaker 3: Is it a topical situation.
Speaker 1: Likeream it is, it's very treatable, very curable. It's on this foot, it's on where is it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was on both feet. That's how fungus works. Here's here's the thing about feet.
Speaker 3: Though I love topical creed.
Speaker 2: I love topical Do they work?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's always like results in better over times, like.
Speaker 1: Results in time, results in time. You will see results in time.
Speaker 3: Ess.
Speaker 1: Actually, with the culture number nine, you will see results in time.
Speaker 2: Did you just have a breakup?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 1: Time, honey, You're gonna love time?
Speaker 2: Honey, baby, oh baby, time.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 1: The description is time.
Speaker 2: I think if someone were to, if you were to, if Jared were to describe why Matt's theater bad qualitatively, you would And I thought they were flowing away from it. Why they're bad. I think this should be the topic of the whole episode. Feed everything.
Speaker 3: I know because I listen.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the only other time we did that was when Iowa Deputy was on a few years ago and we talked only about Omerosaile was when she came out and said everyone will bow down to the most powerful man in the universe. And we always start the episode with the dingdong, except that episode, we started with that voiceover and the three of us just screamed about Amosa for the whole app.
Speaker 2: Have you ever realized.
Speaker 1: Your car just doesn't fit your life anymore? Like maybe you've got a new job, or you've moved, or your family's grown, or maybe you're just ready for something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that new chapter feeling is exciting, and sometimes it comes with a new car. When it's time to shop, it can feel overwhelming, though totally.
Speaker 1: There are so many options, so many places to look. You could spend weeks bouncing between websites and dealerships trying to figure out what actually works. That's why I always start with cars dot com.
Speaker 2: Cars dot com brings together over two million new and used cars nationwide, all in one place. So whether you know exactly what you want or you're just exploring, you've got real choices, everything from compact cars for your commute to SUVs for family trips or trucks for hauling gear. And it's not just a list.
Speaker 1: Cars dot com has tools and expert advice to help you figure out what car your life. Their advanced search filters lets you narrow things down by price, mileage, and features, leather seats, third row hybrid, whatever matters most of you, they got it.
Speaker 2: Plus the site has real reviews from people about dealerships and transparent del rating so you can see whether the price you're looking at is fair compared to other cars in your area. Mixed shopping smarter and simpler.
Speaker 1: That combination of clarity and choice really takes the stress out of car shopping. It lets you focus on what matters, finding the car that works for your life, your plans, and your next chapter.
Speaker 2: So don't take any chances. Do car shopping the easy way. Start your search with cars dot com. We're too next. Are you hitting up theater while you're in?
Speaker 1: You're not?
Speaker 3: I am not. I wish I was here any longer.
Speaker 2: Than speaking of writing, Yes, what are you? I want to know what y'all you two are writing about? Because you're such beautiful pals.
Speaker 3: We check in and catch We check in kind of like I check in with you more than money that I've known intimately for.
Speaker 1: Viewers, well, because I feel I do, and I'm just gonna say this, I do feel connected to you.
Speaker 3: Very It's very like this is not our first life together.
Speaker 2: I really.
Speaker 1: I was like, they were like, Okay, well, Gracie's ready to come in, and I was like, I'm not meeting her on the camera walking in there because I saw you guys do a TikTok together at us.
Speaker 3: Immediately dropped to my knees. I'm like sorry to everyone else in the room. Well, I found out that you liked our show when warm Anyway.
Speaker 1: I found that you liked our show when you saw Hannah Einbinder on it and she cried delicious at the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I wish I were capable of accessing like tears.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: I mean I could go there, I could go there.
Speaker 1: What about your upcoming potentially, well, you have to cry in your upcoming film debut?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, oh shit, I'm going to just drink nothing. I don't, I don't think so what can I say? Well, well, have you seen Helena's previous.
Speaker 1: We're fans of Helen's.
Speaker 3: She's she would be incredible on this podcast because she is just the most Have you met her.
Speaker 1: No, but I've heard that she is a very vivid character.
Speaker 3: A hundred Yeah, she's really She's a really an amazing person. And I just whenever she speaks about anything, I'm like, give her the mic.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting for you to get on camera in anacting way. I do feel you are a superstar.
Speaker 3: Well, that's generous and you got it. Well, I will take that from you because it's Helena. To me, Helena, it's Helena. It's Elena. She is she is. When I when I read the script that she wrote, I was like, what the And she sent it to me just being like, would you ever want to read it? And I was like, not thinking she was asking me to read it in the sense of like motive, but I just loved her. We got breakfast three years ago once because a friend connected us, and it was similarly to I was like, I have known you, I've known you before, and and then and then the next time he communicated was when she sent me the script.
Speaker 1: How are you with milk? There's a lot of milk on her sets.
Speaker 3: Actually, actually there is milk.
Speaker 1: Actually there's a film.
Speaker 3: There's good guys, so many glasses of tall, tall milk everywhere. Now no more glasses of milk as far as I'm concerned, But movies, maybe the set designer will like, yeah, there might be pissed.
Speaker 2: Here's a tip on crying. I don't think this has worked on me. Imagine there's a column within you, a column, a column whatever. Ionic uh, Corinthian, I don't even know what the other columns are.
Speaker 1: Do you know the difference between Ionic and Corinthian columns.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna if you're going to give more contexts, I might be able to use context clues.
Speaker 2: Just a column.
Speaker 1: I believe Corinthian have the lines straight down, of.
Speaker 3: Course, I'm just sorry they of course, But what was the first one? What is an Ionics just a base scroll?
Speaker 2: The scroll at the top still has lines, but then Corinthian has like these embellishments like these natural heard just imagine a calm within you, huh collapsing.
Speaker 3: That gets you? Okay ready everyone, No, I actually can't.
Speaker 2: Already we're dying.
Speaker 3: Wait, this is like to my reliable place I saw. I've been sort of starting to get like on my reels, reels is reels is my top?
Speaker 2: All yeah, and it's great, it's so good.
Speaker 3: Way from there, yeah a bit. I've been starting to get like I will dwell like just long enough on on clips of certain I will dwell long enough, long enough.
Speaker 1: And then and then the algorithms, well, she's dwelling, well, our girl is dwelling on this one.
Speaker 7: So yes, of course, the way the algorith famously works, and then it'll give me like these these beautiful like old women talking about how they make themselves, crying like I will, like I will, like just.
Speaker 3: Me in my room. I've been doing that at the end of these long days and like go there.
Speaker 1: And do you in the mirror you're always yeah, literally, then by the end of this we will oh my god, oh my god, my god, my god.
Speaker 2: And you put your lip too.
Speaker 1: Looking at.
Speaker 3: Imagine the most devastating.
Speaker 2: Affected real shorts.
Speaker 3: TikTok uh reel shorts. I don't well, I have kill shorts. Sorry it also YouTube you do I've never been I never I have.
Speaker 1: It's never never watch a short?
Speaker 3: Well, kill TikTok. And also, by the way, well all you all go.
Speaker 2: And then off kill TikTok. I'm marrying shorts because it's usually like recipes and wholes.
Speaker 3: You've never been on shorts? Are you on your phone?
Speaker 2: Like like everything else gets it because it's how the olgorithm works to it's just here's.
Speaker 3: A short, wait but wait, but no, but I've never I've never been fed a short.
Speaker 1: Do you go on YouTube for fun?
Speaker 3: Like I've ever been fed a short?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 3: Seriously? Where you on YouTube and you on your phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just kind of do the thing. I I can't explain either.
Speaker 2: How you do?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: You if you go on YouTube for anything? Yeah, out of a video, there's gonna be a hole above the fold. They say in web design they have like a they have like a row of shorts that are just like little clipped.
Speaker 1: Videos watching shorts and you don't even know.
Speaker 2: You don't even know you're watching shorts?
Speaker 3: Are they horizontal?
Speaker 2: So I'm not Can I tell you what I've never got yesterday? Vertical integration? Yes, but that's a different vertical. Oh right, it's like you're integrating your vertical about columns vertical?
Speaker 1: I cry because of this topic. Okay, so we have to ask you the central question of our podcast, and I I just know you.
Speaker 2: Came with a with an answer answer.
Speaker 1: I had abrams, what was the culture that made you say? Culture was for you? Ultimately?
Speaker 3: Ultimately it was pure heroin God. Ultimately it was.
Speaker 1: Of the offerings it was.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, was it Megita Perez? And then truly Magita are you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I was like, it was it Magita pres because also like forget the Marnie of it all, Magita like now and I was gonna say Megita press and then I was also thinking like Beach House episode two shots where they've had the blow up and they yeah, but the nonverbal Marnie comes into the kitchen and they're all cleaning and they're not speaking, and then they're still not speaking and it's their doing there, and I was like, that is I grew up me Audrey, Leela and clem Are hour four. That like when I watched Girls when it came out, and I was like, too young, and it like helped inspire all of the kind of you know, it's like what like Adam Driver as a whole, you're sort of like you wonder as an adult why certain things are like yeah, like why and I'm like, oh, because I was twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway at those dynamics, yes, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever, but whatever and anyway, and then so so anyway, so I was thinking those Megita, I.
Speaker 1: Just what about Megita the interaction.
Speaker 3: The interaction, I felt like, you just see her, You've also she's like, I'm she backs herself. She immediately and that smile on her face when she walks with six hundred dollars is the biggest smile you see on Marty's face except for when Daisy's proposing also when yeah, anyway we.
Speaker 2: Go on, it's pure Haro, it's your heroine. But hold on before we go back to your Haroin. That is it. I've never been more shook on this podcast.
Speaker 1: He only ever wants to talk about Megita.
Speaker 2: No hype. Yeah, I think Perez like once a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Allison is going to be the car here. And I was like, I had this like impulse to not change my handle on Instagram, just changed my name.
Speaker 1: That would be really strong for forty eight hours twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, It's like part of album promound.
Speaker 2: Like pop craves, like a track called Gita.
Speaker 3: Perez is Megita on the album.
Speaker 2: You have to wear the the red halter, the red halter, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: When she goes the slit up the front.
Speaker 2: But the way she says Megita, Perez.
Speaker 3: Meggita but she doesn't Mekita. Period.
Speaker 2: There's a little, a little roll in the army, Mikita pet What did she say? I find if I go, if I go about the.
Speaker 3: Two hundred extra, if I'm going above the tenth floor.
Speaker 2: And then she talks her behind he she goes, I have a fear of heights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's an like two hundred extra if I go above the tenth floor, like she has some like fear that they can pay for It's incredible.
Speaker 3: There's but there's two. There's two, she gets, she gets, there's another. Feel what's the other feet above the tenth floor?
Speaker 2: Dress? Rental?
Speaker 1: Dress?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, dress rental one hundred unless you want me to come in my jeane.
Speaker 1: Way, Can I point out you're sort of the Megita red You sort of came dress where.
Speaker 3: Color of the year.
Speaker 1: Megita red.
Speaker 3: Anyway, but it was pure haro.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about your heroin.
Speaker 1: I also have a formative experience with it.
Speaker 3: It's when I started smoking we okay, so okay, right, So talking about it, well, I felt like there's lots to say the I feel like there are these moments, you know, like Buyork and Kate Bush and like Rosalia, like subverting pop and just redefining it. And I felt, you know, Lord who has since become such a dear friend, and so all of these memories are so hysterical and even more important than they were then because I get to like love her so much for the quality of human being that she is. She was like a couple years older than me, and I was fourteen when Peter Heroin came out, And that week that it came out, she was having a show at the Fonda in LA and I went, and it was the first show I've ever seen where like the concept of potentially performing was like, that was the first time I was ever not like absolutely fucking never, because.
Speaker 2: That's what it was before that. No, that was That's what it.
Speaker 3: Was like forever. Yeah, But seeing her know herself and also just be up there and command the crowd and not have like this flashy it was just her. She was she had her like long curly black hair, and she was wearing this huge, like it felt like a cape, like this long black dress, and it was just her and it just blew my mind and rocked my world. And I feel like it's always stuck with me in that same.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, because we were in college when Royals came out. I remember this. I was like, I was living in Crown Heights. I was like, I don't know what my life is. I gotta figure this out. I like pulled out of med school applications. I was like, I gotta really rethink things. But something about pure Haroin like soundtracked, like I think it's time, but I think it timestamps everyone's life. Yes, you know, and within a certain like age bracket or whatever in terms of like whatever you were going through, it's it's pure hair. When it's all it's like agree.
Speaker 3: And I loved how dark it was yep, yeah, yeah, And I think when you're like a tumblr middle schooler and it just was it was exactly perfect. It was exactly perfect.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget. Like really listening to four hundred Lucks, I was like.
Speaker 2: How old is she really?
Speaker 1: It really didn't make any sense and all those signs were.
Speaker 3: You eight hundred?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: She's like an owl inside, yes, her beautiful body.
Speaker 1: There was just there was just something that was so like, yeah, it just that was when I in the West Village. This was it for me, West Village in my tiny apartment, smoking weed for the first time and walking around the West Village like we're getting good at this, yes, and like it was just like the girl was fourteen years old and I'm vibing out.
Speaker 3: Yeah totally. And also I felt like I because she she I think she's like two years older than me. And I was like, I feel like there was that was just the time where I was like really yearning to like break free, yeah you know what I mean? And that album makes you want.
Speaker 1: To like lead to lead, Yeah, go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: And I didn't have my license yet and like long reax exactly our exit music.
Speaker 1: That's good for later.
Speaker 3: You guys are so many great segments on this show.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you that's shocking to hear because they literally sat us down the first day we ever had the podcast. I was like, oh, before we record, you guys should probably have segments and we were like, oh, wow, I don't think so, honey, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you come up with it on the spot.
Speaker 1: It was something we used to say to each other, are.
Speaker 3: You still working with those people?
Speaker 1: Which person no.
Speaker 3: So don't you feel kind of.
Speaker 2: But the beautiful thing about the podcast is that people say otherwise, it really hasn't changed, Like formally, it's been the same.
Speaker 1: He starts.
Speaker 3: Do you know the people.
Speaker 1: Think about the podcast is it is really the same.
Speaker 3: Peacock on the radio show. But how long has it been now that what the hell?
Speaker 1: When did you first hear that we were a podcast?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like always been In. It's one of those things though, truly where I actually you know when you can't remember a time before something.
Speaker 1: That's sort of like true. So it was it first was Lord, then a few years later we decided to the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: I think if there's no pure Heroin, there's no lost culture. Yes, wow, because I never started smoking weed, then.
Speaker 3: Exactly, that is the link, that is the link between.
Speaker 2: Everything and everything. What's your favorite song on the album?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, I think Ribs Yeah, kind of a class I think it.
Speaker 3: Just like that's the one I would choose. Yes, yes, yes, yes. And I also think it's like I loved her last album so much and also again, I feel like all of her albums they came at the exact correct time and and this one last year came out the first day of Gloston or no the yeah, the Friday of Glastonbury. Yeah, and we were in the mud. We were I wish it was muddy. We didn't go to most people like people were so stoked. Was that that was my first one And we were playing Friday night at like seven thirty. It was like the it's the best weekend of my life. But her album came out that morning and she had a surprise show and I wasn't on festival grounds yet, but I sat and I got ready to go listening to her album and it was just it's the exact same feeling. It feels like you're like being like plugged into your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great way to put it.
Speaker 3: I just love her, you guys.
Speaker 1: She actually was supposed to come in and then we had to reschedule or it just didn't end up happening for that cycle. But she's been floating around the pod for a while.
Speaker 3: She's just the coolest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's so cool. Yeah, another common thread you're you were speaking you you speak of a lot of people whom you love in terms of like a past life. Maybe not that you're saying, but this about that lord, but it's like she's eight hundred years old. There's an awl inside her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like there's something spiritual. Do you see the animals and everyone?
Speaker 2: Do you see and that's beautiful?
Speaker 1: See the animals?
Speaker 3: You are reminding me of a bumblebee.
Speaker 1: Oh I've never heard that, you are. I've heard seal and I've heard every bad dinosaur.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 2: I think? I have a lot of friends that want to knock me down. Yeah, a sea lion, and I see the sea lion of content. It's coming up on your reels now too.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of a lot of times I'll be on reels now and I'll just flick flick, flick, and then I'll see you or or or I don't like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I don't. I hate when it's the videos of them in an institution, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then I choose to this one.
Speaker 3: Great video tation center, and I understand.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what it was, because someone did get in my d MS and I did clock that. Everything else before they had said was also nasty. But they were like, are you posting this this captivated animal? I'm like, okay, I I really just loved his energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's everyone.
Speaker 2: So this is this is this is the one thing on the internet. It's no, we have to we have to contact love, touch to touch.
Speaker 1: My conniverse really ruins.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have worn socks today.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, you should have.
Speaker 2: I should have to now. I don't want to wear I want to show my ankles because you're gonna make fun of them.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, you should no no no, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, no, don't don't wait. No they're gonna smell, no freaking out, no no no.
Speaker 3: And they are perfect feet, not now.
Speaker 1: After a petty was hold no no, no, no, I'll do I'll do this.
Speaker 3: No suck Matt my shoes off, both of them, perfect feet, perfect people. I'm in fact gonna get on wiki feet, make a profile.
Speaker 2: And then rate me.
Speaker 1: I like, I think it's better with the song.
Speaker 3: It's better with the sock and ever and no one look at me.
Speaker 2: You know, if you went home and there was like a bot farm, that would be so funny. If you just had a million.
Speaker 3: Fills saying block crazy apron, trust me, trust, trust farm, that would be you're a hummingbird to me?
Speaker 1: Sorry being a hummingbird. Aren't we rivals in the fields?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: I just feel like being a hummingbird. They do a lot of the same stuff.
Speaker 2: We're both going for the flower.
Speaker 3: But maybe there's a second order though in the is it?
Speaker 1: I think? Well, I guess it would depend what kind of be, because there's of course the queen bee, who's the top head honcho.
Speaker 2: Would you like that the worker bees connected to the worker? No?
Speaker 1: I just kind of I want some worker bees.
Speaker 3: Oh you lies?
Speaker 6: What's what?
Speaker 2: What's what's grazy? What's grazy? I don't no pressure, I have one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, really well, because you're a gazelle. It's that weird that we both said it. What does that elegant one that is inspiring to the other grassland animals to leap higher, faster, stronger, earthy?
Speaker 2: But but can thank you?
Speaker 3: That's very nice.
Speaker 1: One who the lions are trying to get, but they're often not quick enough because they're thinking one step ahead of these lions. Famously, gazelle is absolutely never got attacked by lions. It just doesn't happen because there's so much smarter.
Speaker 3: It's like every dog is like them, getting their next.
Speaker 1: Like the lions of the the.
Speaker 3: We cannot give them that much, cannot be.
Speaker 1: No their hyaenas their vultures, and we're not dead yet.
Speaker 3: And we're not dead yet.
Speaker 1: Look somewhere else, you freaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever the thing about Taylor when she goes, I have a very strong opinion that when you are young, you just feel things more intensely. I'm like, that is tea.
Speaker 3: Do you do you feel like you feel things less as you yeah, yeah, totally really, yeah, because there's fewer new feelings or why or because is it perspective and like right sizing, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's one third my lexapro dosage. I think it's one third what you said, yeah, and I think it's one third.
Speaker 2: Memory loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the dream recipe.
Speaker 2: Honestly, just with the doctor ordered.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think of memory loss because I forgot it.
Speaker 3: I literally have that.
Speaker 2: No you don't you guys.
Speaker 1: Are you a stoner?
Speaker 3: Of course? Okay, so maybe and I've I'm actually like I'm right now in a in a period of like compared to before times. Yes, basically no before times, because there's a later.
Speaker 2: On the album where you're like the weed from when we were seventeen is like catching up to I'm.
Speaker 3: Not butering it, but no, no, that's basically it.
Speaker 2: So like what like what are you going to get?
Speaker 3: The lyric that comes before that is my brain half melted down?
Speaker 1: So for well, don't weight on the street in New York City.
Speaker 3: Well, New York weed is just a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's evil.
Speaker 3: I also have a feeling that unless you're like with the exact right person in the exact right room, weed in New York period, regardless of where you got. It can also be like insidious, it's crazy, and I think it's because I've been getting over stimulated recently in a new way that I feel. And then I was like, that's embarrassing, and that's my fault, that's no one's fault. That's like I should just know myself now over stimulated.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, don't.
Speaker 1: Don't do that film acting towards us.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Sure, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know a bigger stoner than that person over there, Jared Frieder. And he smokes my weed and he's he has laid down and he says, you're crazy.
Speaker 3: Because it's so heavy.
Speaker 2: I feel sad.
Speaker 1: I go in there and I'm like and then I'm like, I guess I'm just looking for some pre rolls. And they're like, well, what do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you have? And they're like, Oh, you're gonna love this stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm talking like a monster truck driver. But that's the scary place. Do you Inventura Bulevard? No, there is one there, Yeah, and I live next door to it.
Speaker 3: Are you guys stoners at the moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but what is that?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Because because there's the only daily, daily daily o'clock.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I was going to yesterday last night and I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna not. Yeah, that was totally fine. I got a raw dog it more.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think. I think what I've been learning recently is that there's it's for some reason right now, the the it feels like a fifty to fifty chance of it, like landing or really like sending me.
Speaker 2: Well, when you say you get over stimulated, is that when you're not stoned or when you're when you're sobra that you're like, oh, I need it sobra.
Speaker 3: I feel like this particular like month, there's just lots to be engaged with. It's just like and it doesn't even not in the I just it feels like I want to be ready, and I think that I'm impaired.
Speaker 5: When I'm impaired, I guess for me sometimes when I'm high, but I think I'm kind of like I think what I'm hig I'm actually high and I so it just is a little bit iffy these days.
Speaker 3: But but but then I have this fantasy like of you know, like an evening that starts at four pm and then the next day isn't no obligations? That would be you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But I would be wonderful also living.
Speaker 3: Not here anymore. You know.
Speaker 2: I don't smoke at.
Speaker 3: All in London. Yeah, And I think like if we think New York, we'd a scary like I I don't know, I don't know what's even going on, and I just haven't engaged. And of course pop culture they're like, You're like, it's right outside, have a drink. And then they're like at dark outside, have a drink. You're like, WHOA.
Speaker 1: So jealous of London because they're getting a Universal Studios what? Oh yeah, congrats you love that stuff. Love Let's go right now.
Speaker 3: Play pure Haro, Universal did what was Your Last? Because they also love seemingly love you even more than you love that.
Speaker 2: So I think London, No, London, we know, and we love London.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my Christmas show in London.
Speaker 2: Oh my, go there.
Speaker 3: When I played we played there, and I and I got tattoos the day we played lots of I got tattoos the day we played that. In you, I have such a long list for you. Oh yeah, And also and also you need to come.
Speaker 1: I know, will you be around in November? Actually wait November fifth, eighteenth? No, oh come on please, like you're not around mama.
Speaker 3: Oh wait November, yeah, what is it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think this is coming out after we've announced the tour, so we can just say that's what we're whispering.
Speaker 3: About, rehearsals for tour. Maybe I'll quit the tour.
Speaker 1: By the way, we just come to your show. We spoke earlier about the crowd happenings. I also want to say your performance was fucking great.
Speaker 3: That was so generous of you to be there, and I okay, recall.
Speaker 1: Can we say what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say bageler call, there was no ticket for you.
Speaker 1: I get there, I'm excited to see Gracie. I go hi, I think I'm on the list.
Speaker 3: And also, of course I wasn't on my fucking phone till after the show, so of course check my phone and Matt's like, hey, I'm outside.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like I'm gontall, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: So I ended up buying a ticket and me, Jared and our friend were there, and it ended up exactly what needed to happen.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Yeah he already ticket, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna be like I was going to be at that seat kind of by myself. And then they were like, oh, okay, well we just bought tickets. I was like, I'm buying a ticket, went in the pit, and I needed to be there so that you.
Speaker 5: Could see the with all my friends.
Speaker 3: I LA shows are very weird come well, I think a couple of things. I think every tour in the history of the world comes through LA, so I think there's like a kind of.
Speaker 1: They're just not that excited about live shows. I always start with my tour there because I'm like, I don't don't come here here later and then be like what happened in my.
Speaker 3: Worst I totally. I think also because I grew up there, I always have a fondness, which helps make up for the like anticipation of it being less like yeah, vibrant sometimes in the crowd. But I also my my curiosity for those who attend shows in LA is like why not lean in because you're only enriching the experience. If everyone's kind of like going nuts for for for anyone else who's not me, not me, I'm just like, do you know, like the the like, because touring is like the least cynical, like most whole, like like going to a show, seeing anything live, it's like you're spending money, spending energy, You're gettingdressed up, you're making a plan with friends probably or you're even braver are going alone and it's like you're singing stranger.
Speaker 1: My favorite experience. And I will say I've seen incredible shows in La. Mostly they happen at the Greek.
Speaker 3: I love the Greek the best. I love the Greek.
Speaker 1: We had like a Greek era Jared and I have you been to the Greek bo Like I've seeing a show with the Oh really.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've ever. I was my first La concert. Maybe was going to be Oh no, was Lily Allen? Yeah? Oh my god? Oh yeah that was in La. We did the last year. I was gonna I was gonna go with Pray one day. That would have been fun.
Speaker 1: No Adam at them anyway.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: We saw Maggie Rodgers at the Greek. We saw Casey Musters at the Greek Moon. I've seen twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ima Image and Heap did che glove.
Speaker 1: It was really cool. That might have been the first concert we saw together Image and Heap honestly likes so not to ship on l A shows because there are so many yes, like special moments that happen.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like I, I really I have such a fondness and it is it's crazy to get to play shows there period, because there are venues that I grew up going to you, so I know them.
Speaker 2: Well, you haven't done, have you? I want that. I want that.
Speaker 6: But she's saying, but touching feet interesting.
Speaker 2: I was wanting to.
Speaker 3: Ask that's our Easter eggs about every time, like to see if they pick up on it.
Speaker 1: So the readers are noting that they touched feet. It's several different points during the episode. I feel like, what we because we went there, and I feel like there's an attitude amongst artists that like weekend one of Coachella is bad and Weekend two of Coachella is good.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing you can confirm that artists talk about.
Speaker 3: I have heard that in the discourse. Yeah, just probably exactly as much as you have. But I wonder if it's.
Speaker 2: About the band breaking the seal.
Speaker 3: And maybe or like I'm like, are there more? Like I was gonna ask are there more activations weekend one. There are like eye roll.
Speaker 1: They are a plenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been to i'n't been to Coachella in a long time. I went in high school and it was so fun. I and then this past summer, glaston Bray was our first of the festival run and it has ruined everything for me. I bet, have you done it? Guys? It's the best. It's like, I can't even begin to like I.
Speaker 2: Think you k festivals. I mean, we only have one data point, which was my mighty Hoopla. It's the gay one, the queer one.
Speaker 3: Incredible name.
Speaker 2: It's so and it was where is that? That's like, oh my god, it's it's on. It's oh, it's a neighbor down, neighborhood down, neighborhood down, neighbors neighborhood, neghbor down. I couldn't tell you. Wait, where are they going to get Percy Pigs to the States? Let's let's let's you love them so much, so much? I like them too, Okay, well you don't care.
Speaker 3: I think they're so common these days.
Speaker 1: My love skills favorite candy. I'm like, this is the question we ask every guest, what was the candy? That what was the candy? Candy was for you?
Speaker 3: What's my favorite candy at Reese's.
Speaker 1: Pieces it's barely chalk it girl, girl a candy or else?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I ate, I ate a candy yesterday which was which was a sour pickle belt? What? What the who is she so good?
Speaker 1: Way?
Speaker 3: What's up with you guys in your personals?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she didn't want to talk about candy anymore.
Speaker 3: No, I mean all day but.
Speaker 1: No, for real, for real, But this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about her personal.
Speaker 3: They're so busy.
Speaker 1: Well, my personal is I'm happy because we're busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like busy, I guess overwhelmed, like in a parasocial way, overwhelmed for the both of you.
Speaker 2: No, there's no need that you think we're too busy.
Speaker 3: Not too but just you're doing like so much at such a high level that I think, like, how.
Speaker 2: How I I'm coming off of plane psychosis to travel?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I mean I think back to when you were like doing wicked.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm.
Speaker 3: Wicked in SNL. I'm like, how the hell? And that? Like I just think sometimes it was.
Speaker 1: It was a hell hell for sure. Now in retrospect, I think we're happy that Wicked.
Speaker 2: Is out there and that you're in it.
Speaker 1: Oh but during this yeah, you had to do it.
Speaker 2: I had There was no way I wasn't going to do.
Speaker 1: You're a gay guy that's offered Wicked and they tell you and you say, well, what's the role and you say, well, you're gonna be Ariana Grande's sort of gay gay friend, and so they and then you go okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by the Spam Brand. Matt, I think we need a new Culture Award and the category is hungry for more. Oh.
Speaker 1: I like the sound of that.
Speaker 2: This is something that brings the sizzle. It always hits the spot. It's been a part of culture for decades. The influencers love it. It's like the pop star foods. It's the Spam brand. It's always meat for you, well, especially when it's crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and a flavor for every type of food mood like sweet and Savior, Korean barbecue flavored spice, s jalapeno, and who could forget the one that started this whole cultural phenomenon, Spam Classic.
Speaker 1: It's great with your eggs in the morning, it's great with tacos or ramen or really whatever dish that could use some extra sizzle. It's like pop music, it's great at anytime anywhere.
Speaker 2: I feel that way about other kinds of music too, Jazz.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you're baving a delicious dish that's also a cultural icon, look no further.
Speaker 2: Than the Spam brand. Grab your favorite flavor, or try a new one, and sizzle it to perfection. Today in a pan Spam Brand sizzle pork and m.
Speaker 1: Learn more and get sizzlin at spam dot com. I think we're having another like twenty twenty four moment, like.
Speaker 3: Girl growing so much music coming out, it's the best news.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 1: I was watching someone react to Short and Sweet, and I remember texting you about Short and Sweet when it came out, Yes, and you were like, I can't believe she just swooped in and made the album of.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, yeah, I know it's it's I'm sorry, but also what can't you do? And like, I think I feel like all of us at this point are done being surprised by how phenomenal she's just cemented, like forever, forever, forever. Yeah, Like there's like you know, I also like talk about someone who I wish would take a nap for the.
Speaker 2: Sake of your heart soul? What do I know?
Speaker 3: And she seems like I mean, she's glowing harder than you.
Speaker 1: Guys are all coming up and solidifying together at the same time in a generation that that feels very cool. You're part of like a cool class of pop girlies.
Speaker 3: I love them. I'm just happy to be here today.
Speaker 2: On a good job for you all.
Speaker 1: No, it's a group shot called Slade twenty twenty four and now twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four is back twenty twenty fours. We're so back.
Speaker 2: It's the two year anniversary you have twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Do you ever go into soho and like hang.
Speaker 3: Like not often?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know a lot about it. Is that a weird thing for you to do?
Speaker 3: Yummies? Even to mountain?
Speaker 2: No, what's so good about the mountain mount the mountain mountain?
Speaker 3: It is basically like the mountain. It's so good. It's just a really delicious restaurant. It's like super super fresh, like yummy, like small plates, but also like big plates.
Speaker 2: Well, we love to shooe why we love to Shoom.
Speaker 3: I love to Shome the times a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, delivery to Shoom.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My code is twenty four if you need it.
Speaker 2: It's like twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Did you you shot in London?
Speaker 2: Shot in London?
Speaker 3: Was it? What's it?
Speaker 2: Leaves Din? And we did Elstree and then we went we shot like all the shid stuff, like in this literal astro turf farm because they got to grow it because it's frazy.
Speaker 3: It was real.
Speaker 2: Well I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, astro not real.
Speaker 1: It was never clear.
Speaker 2: It was never clear for it was like it was AstroTurf that it was fake, Like why don't you just make it in the factory. But they needed to like lay it out or something, make it in the.
Speaker 3: Factory, make it in the factory, making the factory on the air, just make it in fact.
Speaker 2: Making the factory. And then we would stay at the grove which is all the way out. But anyway, we love to shoom and it's fine, it's it's it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Rumor they're bringing it to America.
Speaker 3: Wow, great, you didn't.
Speaker 1: They really are New York.
Speaker 3: I love their sauces, are chutneys and such.
Speaker 2: Their chicken bery Britannica, Britannia.
Speaker 1: It's like Chicken Britannica. He's probably your drag mate. Oh my god, Chicken Britannica, Britannica, and I'll be Britanica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not pork.
Speaker 1: What am I?
Speaker 2: You're not pork? I roll irolle veel Britannica.
Speaker 1: Yes, how I love that for me.
Speaker 2: I just waiting at your team.
Speaker 1: I've made eye contact with her.
Speaker 3: I'm always doing ship like that with them.
Speaker 2: Do you love the team?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 2: Give you the hands, give it up.
Speaker 3: It's really I'm the luckiest in the so.
Speaker 1: You're loving your loving life. It's going to be an incredible sum.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a sum. It's going to be some busy, yes, but but like, thank God and thank God, and I think I think there's so much to return to at home as well. But I love I also love learning what it's like to be at home.
Speaker 1: To congrats on your Cultural Award nomination.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We were both touched, beyond believed, and there were so many options of.
Speaker 2: We did it. Wait, he wanted a picture with me when we when he was at us.
Speaker 3: And that was I that was I loved that episode.
Speaker 2: Of course he was so funny. We wrote him the craziest sketch in the world.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about.
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, she was. She was in the flesh.
Speaker 1: She was was that episode of SNL.
Speaker 3: God, that was amazing. The fact first of all, the fact that like end credits, it's all and Tricia. It was like, I can I can go.
Speaker 1: By the way, Tricia is television's biggest star. She stars on Hacks and she also was on Was she on the Company?
Speaker 3: She was on Euphoria, she was on.
Speaker 1: Tricia is all over television?
Speaker 3: Are you guys, dear friends?
Speaker 1: Bowen knows Tricia.
Speaker 2: I spent one day with her.
Speaker 3: I just didn't. I was like, I didn't wear in the like because I just, of course, like the rest, I have a million, of course questions, like I just want to know everything.
Speaker 1: Well, the best was when we went to go see Lily Allen Show and then there's a bit in the show where this woman rises up and Bowen is like, is that Tricia? And it was Tricia Pets By the way. The next night, Lisa ran I saw that. I saw that do you have Bravo takes?
Speaker 3: Well, so you've been my guide. I had that was that there was definitely not the start of us loving each other, no or me loving you.
Speaker 1: I can't speak, but it was. But it was the.
Speaker 2: Secret of us, secret of us.
Speaker 1: It was it was that sort of worked.
Speaker 3: That was really nice, really good, really nice. I I've just done salt Lake, yeah, or I've a while ago?
Speaker 2: Can I ask.
Speaker 1: Big pulls from salt Lake? Where do you stand? Who is? Who's your girl?
Speaker 3: What's scary again about like the memory of it all is? I don't even remember where we.
Speaker 2: Left them totally, that's I think, fine.
Speaker 3: Where did we leave them? Oh?
Speaker 1: Upset on an island.
Speaker 2: About Whitney, Whitney, Bronwyn and bron She was not.
Speaker 1: She announced that she's getting a divorce.
Speaker 3: That was where we left it right, kind of not together? What are my takes?
Speaker 1: She now dates a male model?
Speaker 3: Incredible? Oh, but Survivor not Bravo. What if there's Bravo Survivor crossover? Can I pitch that?
Speaker 1: I think you just imagine And this is the place where Manifest Survivor. Wait, we were just talking about the season.
Speaker 2: He's going to come out like.
Speaker 3: Soon, Heather Gay is like taking.
Speaker 1: I think Heather would be good, It would be great.
Speaker 3: You guys, should you have.
Speaker 2: No idea what I'm fighting for?
Speaker 3: What's her? What was her? What was her I want to win survivor what was her line? Season one assault Lake like like my like.
Speaker 2: My pioneer, pioneer.
Speaker 1: Trail, just like my pioneer ancestors.
Speaker 3: I've never been my favorite is.
Speaker 2: You come for me?
Speaker 1: I will send Jesus after you.
Speaker 3: Who is that? Of course? And Meredith's uh, jealousy is a disease, to which I said, get always said, which I said.
Speaker 2: Syntactically, it makes no sense she's saying to the disease.
Speaker 1: Is a disease, to which I say, she should keep speaking and not making it's her whole thing. You you didn't speak speak up for.
Speaker 3: Me at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you didn't speak up for me at all.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 3: It's the looking down. Then there's the like hed.
Speaker 1: Time question, what's the goal?
Speaker 2: What's the goal?
Speaker 1: Well, she can fu offs. It's a never ending wheel of the way you can say words.
Speaker 2: That is just it's very Brian Cox. It is I would love to and Brian Cox.
Speaker 3: Off and he.
Speaker 2: And then turn the round.
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 2: Helena better get you saying off.
Speaker 3: In the movie. I will put that in whatever my next conversation is you ever give each other a word to drop in a like an interview or something.
Speaker 2: Should we do that?
Speaker 3: I dare you to do?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we should do that. We're gonna be We're about to be doing a lot of interviews together. But this will come out, I think after Now, let's say this is an Eastga Okay, I should be easy to be honest. Okay, what interview is going to be the hardest one to drop?
Speaker 2: Macgita Perez, how many times have you done that?
Speaker 1: Watch what happens? This is my tenth appearance.
Speaker 2: Is it fun and so quick? I feel like I need more context?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, just more well yes, of the brav overse like I feel I would feel like a bit of a fraud. I think being across from him and speak on anything.
Speaker 1: Sally feel was on there that I didn't know about Bravo. But she Sally.
Speaker 3: Feels she can do she can Well, that's your Sally feel yourself. You don't even look at me like that, never, never even like Sally Field look at me like Sally.
Speaker 2: That's a real culture. Number eight doesn't look at me like Sally. You said role model every night when he opened for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do not like wa what's our word for Gracie.
Speaker 2: For you to drop dropping an interview? Give me anything, I'm pissed. No wait wait ding dong ionic ding ding.
Speaker 3: Happily Okay if ionic, it's crazy ionic, just describe some that's like it's like they ask a question, like what's it like writing a song? It's like there's this.
Speaker 1: Ionica like like that you lean against. I wanted to describe. I wanted to explore like a more ionic sound on this album. And I buy it because.
Speaker 3: People are going to be like, yeah, people would love that.
Speaker 1: And then some people are gonna be like what the fuck is she talking about? But you have to be brave enough they block me traffic and that confusion they block you.
Speaker 2: Don't understand why anyone would.
Speaker 3: What new music are you guys liking these days? Like yeah, of course, do you guys listen to underscores?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, talk about this that's.
Speaker 3: In the beginning of this just like yeah, isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 2: Kind of this but it's kind of like fuck, I love it. Oh, it's a gag?
Speaker 1: Have you put this on a playlist to me? And always does that?
Speaker 2: Sobi Club you should you would love Stebe Club. It's very like punk, but with this kind of.
Speaker 3: Like okay, you're you're a Slater fan. I saw you later and Tom Nish, Oh amazing.
Speaker 2: I've been spending that album for weeks.
Speaker 3: Some of my friends are deeply obsessed and in it, and I need to kind of like spend more time.
Speaker 2: There in the Tom world. Hot little Birds guy, you know we love that right now.
Speaker 1: I'm very kiss me.
Speaker 3: I dropped every time the radio comes on and I have to say, I follow me there.
Speaker 1: I can't believe begged the second. I know she's a freak.
Speaker 3: She's such a freak. Her voice never sounded better somehow. Yeah, it's just the control.
Speaker 1: I don't say the same thing for you, by the way, and wait, can we just before we do? I don't think so, honey, actually talk about your amazing work. I just want to say, like we were listening to Jared and I listened to it together hit the Wall. Can you just talk about like finding all this bigness in your sound, because you've always had big emotions and I feel like this sounds sonically is even bigger and matching those emotions. Now, if that is that something you strove for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it was just like being in the whole thing was informed by having been on road for the past few years, but like really diving into the production process once it ended ended, and I think that there was a lot of like more patients are like space in this album actually, or it felt like it matched my sort of internal rhythm being of road.
Speaker 1: Off road, when you were off the.
Speaker 3: Road when tor ended, and so I feel like there's this kind of to me conversation in the album between having space and then also when songs do want to build. We were very intricate in the production of so many vocal layers and where you know, I felt like the story would benefit from that kind of impact, and it was it was a real treat to make. I don't know, we were it was all very thoughtful and Aaron and I made this together again. This is our sixth year working together. And I love him because he's not like he sort of reminds me at least that you don't need to make some radical change in order to like have your next album be a valid step forward. And you're kind of like artistry or just being a person. It's like it can just accurately reflect where you're at. And to me, this felt like it felt like the most elevated version of all of the ways that we've written and worked together in the past, Like there's his gothic folky sounds that he's like mayor of Gothic folk town, and like what if it's right and humming do things like that, and then like good Reason feels like a sister song to I Love You, I'm Sorry in ways to me but like different, and then like look at my life we wrote to a pulse, which we do all the time, or like cold goodbyes we just did one instrument in my vocal or like hit the wall felt like I don't know, there's all these kind of like trances that envelope us in the studio and this was a real heavenly experience to do it. And I'm grateful to him because I was having this like on the tour toward the end, where everyone has been on the bus and with each other and just like the energy and the kind of like social like being on and the where you're sort of like white knuckling in a way that is full of gratitude but also like survival mode a bit in order to get through. I was just so my voice inside my head was like not there anymore. Like I was so tired. I just felt like absolutely gone. And Aaron's music with no words and no vocal nothing like always sort of like presses some button in me that like allows me to remember what I feel and remember my perspective and hear myself again. So this album was a surprise to me and.
Speaker 1: Really interesting, like he's creates like escape for you to then like inhabit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hear yourself again.
Speaker 2: That's really cool, bless.
Speaker 1: I was thinking while I was listening to it that it's made for a live experience too, Like Daughter from Hell is just going to be such a communal.
Speaker 2: Moment for everyone there.
Speaker 1: I feel, I you do you do have them wanting that experience, Well.
Speaker 3: They're really bringing it. I get to just hang out and watch them have good time. It's really nice. But that song in particular, we wrote with this particular show in mind, not this album, but we were thinking about a specific like festival experience, and that's on this amazing baritone guitar, and it's just playing that. We've been in rehearsals this past week for lots of things and playing that live so good. Yeah, and like it's interesting, it's so fun how quickly like already playing these songs of the band. I'm like, my favorite song is shifting around always and so I think, you know, just shout.
Speaker 1: Out where you at today? A favorite song wise, I think.
Speaker 3: The Knife for I love thee That song gets me. Fuck, it's so good live, like it's such a band song. Yes, and they're all just such brilliant players. So everyone who worked on this album I'm addicted to and I admire so much. So it was a joy.
Speaker 2: It's truly well, thank you for sharing all that.
Speaker 3: That's so profan for listening and letting me talk.
Speaker 2: You didn't say ionic, so yeah, you just have to say ionic.
Speaker 3: Well maybe like two point seven will be like that, just the ion.
Speaker 2: It the force.
Speaker 1: What Honestly, if an reviewer one day says, so talk about the ionic nature of this album, know that we sent them.
Speaker 3: There, I'll say ding dong yeah.
Speaker 1: And they'll come in with a million dollars. It's a mister beasts challenge. Anyways, With that in mind, it is time for I don't think so honey, And really what it is is it's a one minute segment on this podcast where sort of cathartically tear down something in culture that's been giving us some troubles. I'm finally speaking truth about something on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Finally. Yeah, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so, Whny his time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. Sunglass shopping, when you have a long head and a bridge of your nose, that is what a little crooked. It's especially complicated by the fact that I'm colorblind. I go in to a sunglass store, shop, stand, whatever it is, any of those s locations, and I am met with strife another s because basically I can't cannot find a pair of sunglasses that fit my face. I am gonna need them custom made. I put them on. It's a little bit askew. I would rather they be full ascue, because then it could be a statement. This is just nothing. It's just a little bit wrong. I already had the nose job, yep, So now what non elective? Medically, I medically needed to have fifteen seconds, but they wouldn't let me use my insurance to cover it because they said it was elective. But I say, if you saw the cyst in my nose at the time, you would know. I couldn't have lived with it. No, I don't know how we got there, but I don't think so, honey, sunglass shopping and that's one minute.
Speaker 3: Okay, where was the cyst? Honey?
Speaker 1: Right there, I'll show you breathe so get this. It didn't affect my breathing at all. It just like it was just like an in.
Speaker 3: Doctors are like it's elected.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. Was my boyfriend at the time I had this cyst? Was that a medical necessity.
Speaker 2: Because it smelled, didn't it?
Speaker 1: Everyone stop? This is my foot and my nose are my things.
Speaker 2: Everyone stop, this is my thing with sunglass shopping. Oh, I put on sunglasses. I go to the mirror to see myself. I can't see a damn thing in the exactly dark.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, that's a real culture dark number thirty.
Speaker 2: I put on sunglasses.
Speaker 1: It's also dark.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, you can't see.
Speaker 3: You have an amazing nose.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean crooked?
Speaker 1: Where you'll see if you if you really look, it's a little bit the bone here.
Speaker 3: I can't see, but I trust you, of course, have a I also have a sunglass problem. Let me see absolutely straight.
Speaker 1: See this is why I own these though.
Speaker 3: Did you get them fixed for you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, this was a.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Look at them very asy wow. Out of the whole wicked soundtrack, I chose like could have been I'm gonna be gld coated during your I don't think so, honey. Okay, so this is I don't think so, honey. Do you have a topic on today? This is Bow's. I don't think so, honey. I always go to the wrong thing. That's right time his time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. Reading taking such a long time. I want to read every damn book in the world, basically, but it takes a minute. It do take time results in time. I wish I could read a book in merely five minutes, but no, I think I am on page fifty seven and I'm gonna be on this page for the next six months. And that's what sucks about reading. A lot of great things about reading, but the worst, shittiest thing about reading is how you have to basically sit or stand and be visually uninteresting as this thing that has to ferment in your brain takes hold. I wish it were faster. There's no real substitute for actual reading. And I think we would be a much better society if we had, if our eyes moved faster, if we could read words on top of each other, stacked on top of each other. But there's just no way around it.
Speaker 1: Five seconds.
Speaker 2: It's linear, and I wish it were radio.
Speaker 1: And that's so what book is giving you. Try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, I stop it.
Speaker 2: Middle March. Oh wow, I want to have a Middle March summer. I always try to have a Middle March summer. It doesn't in fact, on speaking of a kid putting it down, I keep putting it because it's a big, big book.
Speaker 3: And I had well that's what I was gonna say, like, of course that would that would take.
Speaker 2: Anyone time, would take anyone. But I had it on the set of Wicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Cynthia was like, what book is that. I was like, it's Middle March by George Elliott and it's actually a woman whatever this was her pseudonym. She goes, I'll read that.
Speaker 3: She read it. Yeah, I was gonna say it's gone, and like, yeah, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: Gone, gone gone. She read it in a week and I was like, she does everything. I was like cynth while I read the math.
Speaker 3: On she is, like I was playing, She's like a super human she is.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Dracula?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I played twenty seven different ways.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: No? No, because I do it, because I do. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't see it. I am it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's I don't think so honey, Like, well, I actually I can't.
Speaker 1: Do you ever started to like this is it Irish accent harder than hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's talking, He's talking all sorts.
Speaker 1: Of are you ready for your I don't think so, honey, I think so yeah, Okay, I have I Do you keep like a bunch of them in your head or do you have one?
Speaker 3: What was concerning me is that I I which I think is also like maybe maybe pleasant. But then I was thinking about the two of you.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't don't don't think about us.
Speaker 3: I was like thinking. I was like, and I even as I as I because I'm even in this moment, I'm like, there's a couple that I could go with, and.
Speaker 1: I'm heart come out. This is Gracie Abrams. I don't think so, honey, your time starts now.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think so, honey. Travel Etiquette Edition with love and understanding that everyone operates in their own individual way. My personal hope and dream is that in public spaces like not to go back to the feet please, But I feel it's fascinating the impulse when we're on a plane thirty thousand feet up in the air in a metal tube, that we're taking our socks all the way off. That fascinates me. I have also recently been on a flight where people were clipping their nails on the flight. Flight attendants are angels in the sky. Forget everyone you're sitting next to. You're making everyone un comfortable. They are seeing that and that's their space. So I would just say please. Another thing is when you're going through TSA, you have to put the tray back in the thing or you're a bad person. And then you feel performative beyond when you put everyone else's not a nice feeling. And then my last live too are oh shit, okay, the mouth of the mouth of the of the of the of the machine. When you're the bags are coming out, we bum rush. If everyone took a step back, we'd have air to breathe, and we have room to see, and we'd almost have room to stretch post flight. And I just think these are things to maybe consider, and I'll leave it there.
Speaker 1: I don't think so Honey has been in one minute. And do you know what the other thing was? Because you said there were two things that you decided to leave it there, but there's something else.
Speaker 3: I just think. I don't think. I don't think so Honey, like sig shaming anyone but yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, got it? Cigarette, don't cigarette other people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone is doing their best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree. Are you a smoker?
Speaker 3: Like everyone's in a while? Everyone?
Speaker 2: I do it on vacation every once.
Speaker 3: In a while. Yeah it's a sunny Saturday, yea, or.
Speaker 1: Or I've had one to five drinks. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just said, by the policing of certain behaviors, and I'm like, I get it, like I understand, and we all have the same information, and therefore, like you don't know what's going on and everyone's live.
Speaker 1: I do have to be a vaporizer police, though.
Speaker 3: I certainly am not on that wave I and I know, and I know when I heard that story, I stopped. I was on a line bike, got off it stop really god, because I was like, hold on, I was going too fast. Yeah, I need to slow down and hear you. I've got off and then walked home.
Speaker 2: And I would argue a line bike is sort of the vapes of vehicles.
Speaker 3: Well, and then another I don't think so honey that I was sitting on was that like, I don't think so honey. City bikes don't have the phone holders, oh, which is for safety and for like a beautiful social kind of you can call your you can call your friend.
Speaker 2: Like not in a dangerous No.
Speaker 3: I know New York is a grid, and I know London like you really need to know where you're going.
Speaker 2: But London has the holders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do it all better.
Speaker 3: I know, come on, New York.
Speaker 1: New York is fantastic.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyway, listen, this has been just thank you, thank you, no, thank you so much. This is this podcast. What you guys make is a big part of the you know, joy of my every week. So thank you.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't be more obsessed with you.
Speaker 3: I literally just couldn't be more grateful, and you guys are I'm just I wish it wasn't a thing. I'm like it's not one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Well, we've done a lot, We've got ionic back in the conversation.
Speaker 2: We've read the original title that was the Aubrey situation. The Aubrey situation. There's no situation and situation.
Speaker 3: Do we, Megita? You like the Audrey situation.
Speaker 2: I want people to stumble on Megita Perez the way that I did, which was not expecting and being absolutely smack smacked.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the title of that, you guys?
Speaker 1: You would said it. I forget what it was. But everything feet, everything feeding feet.
Speaker 3: That feels perfect, perfect, They're gonna flip everything everything feet with Gracie Abrams.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, looking forward to that hitting your airwaves soon, which is now actually Daughter from Hell.
Speaker 2: Daughter from album is fantastic. All of your music is everything you do is exciting and great and we love you and.
Speaker 1: We'll see yuh Silver Universal Studios. Thirty guys, we had every episode with a song. What did we say we were going to do? Oh? How does it start?
Speaker 2: Shut?
Speaker 3: Dreams of Green seen?
Speaker 1: Wait while I'm waiting out front, this is going to be really good for everyone and oh again, well what wait, hold on, wait, what is it?
Speaker 3: No, No, I hope you just leave in when it's just Matt.
Speaker 1: Like this, you're saying me, why that key anyway?
Speaker 2: Bye? Last Culture. Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang, executive produced by Annah and produced by Decca Ramos, edited by hot Dog Sandwich and our music is by Henry Berski