Speaker 1: Warning, Today's episode contains spoilers for Jurassic World rebirth. Spoilers, spoilers, spoil So he didn't do the theme this, it wasn't John Williams, Johnny, Hello, any of his Jason concepts and I'm rosy night and welcome back to next vision of the podcast where we doe you.
Speaker 2: You could do your favorite shows, the movies.
Speaker 1: Comics of pop culture Company from my our podcast where we're bringing you episodes every Tuesday Thursday, plus highlighting some of biggest movies every Friday. News.
Speaker 3: In today's episode, Oh, you're gonna be happy to know that we have brought together the.
Speaker 4: In Gen board, Common and Aaron are joining us for roundtable discussion of Jurassic World.
Speaker 3: Wee bir are any of us as rich as in Jen sadly not, but we are here to discuss Jurassic World rebirth and it's fun, fun, fun, outrageous dinosaur adventures.
Speaker 4: Also, guys, you have heard we've had people in discord asking about it.
Speaker 3: We are going to be at San Diego Comic Con, so make sure to keep an eye on our social media. Join our discord to find out when and where you can see me.
Speaker 4: Jason Joel and Ian there.
Speaker 1: Now, let's welcome in the super producer crew. First up, he has strong feelings about the score of Jurassic World Rebirth. Super Producer Aaron, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Jurassic Park is probably one of my top ten favorite movies. I love the original, I love dinosaurs. I've always loved dinosaurs. I was so excited to go see a new dinosaur movie.
Speaker 3: Common, how are you doing. Thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great. Thank you for having me. I know, like Aaron, I am of the Jurassic Park generation and grew up loving dinosaurs. I had many a Dino t shirts as a kid, and this was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed this movie. I had a good time seeing it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's get into it. First of all, should we start with our general thoughts on Jurassic World Rebirth? What did we think of the latest edition in the Jurassic Park franchise? The ip monster marches on Carmen, Let's start with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was. I was telling Aaron before everybody joined today that, you know, I think for me, seeing dinosaurs on the big screen is always a fun experience. It's really, really hard to mess that up, you know. And I think the first half of the movie for me was definitely the most engaging, the most exciting, because it had the most I think tension, because let's be real, the first half of the movie takes place mostly in the water, and I probably have what is it? The last of what is it? The lastophobia of Giant?
Speaker 4: I got it. I'm scared.
Speaker 6: I was terrified.
Speaker 3: I am I'm also scared, but love awarded the dinosaur type situation, so I relate.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think the second half of the movie was a little like once they arrived on the island, a little less engaging, and we'll talk about it more, but I think the I feel like the distortis Rex. The d Rex was underused and.
Speaker 1: Like a frozen turkey fresh out of the energy.
Speaker 4: Aaron, how about you? What was your feeling?
Speaker 5: There were a handful of moments that I loved. I was on the edge of my seat with you know, the spinosauruses and then then like the boat chase, that entire thing. Love the t rex raft scene, like I love, It's so nice to see that. Yeah, and from the book that didn't make it into the first movie to have it here was great. I thought, overall, this was like a bad movie that had some great things and it was fun to see with a bunch of popcorn.
Speaker 2: Like I went and saw the Adam Driver.
Speaker 5: Dinosaur Movie sixty I was twenty five. I was one of the sixty five people who actually saw that, So I'll go see whatever. I just there are a lot of things I was like, this is, this is I'm personally over mutated dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are scary and interesting enough, so I don't need the mutants.
Speaker 4: You you are not alone in that.
Speaker 3: We have definitely seen a kind of critical or quality question mark over the movie, Jason, how about you? Because me and Joel did the recap, so people have already had my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Well, this is like, I mean, I agree, we can get into plot holes, and I'm eager to get into plot holes because I know you are like almost every Jurassic Park movie many first two. A lot of things wrong with this fucking movie.
Speaker 2: That said, I thought the set.
Speaker 1: Pieces were fantastic. Yeah, dinosaur action wonderful. I personally like the mutated dinosaurs. I think it was wise of them to wait until, you know, to kind of reveal them later in the movie. I thought that was the way to go. I thought that once you got the first half hours a little slow for me, but once it really gets going, I'm just here for the action set pieces. Like everything else, if you scratch it a little bit, is ridiculous, Like like again, we'll table this, okay, But just my headline is why why does the pharmacy ceo go on this mission? Like there's a lot of things that are ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Send the guy just as.
Speaker 1: Potential trillion dollar drug like franchise that you're gonna make from this, and you still like eight guys.
Speaker 4: And when Jonathan Bailey is when he's like, just send an army, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, correct, that's actually the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: Just like do that, guys. We see.
Speaker 2: But I really enjoyed it. I quite enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I think it's my like third or fourth favorite Jurassic movie.
Speaker 5: To be fair, there are only seven of them, so four is the middle.
Speaker 4: Hey, still the middle.
Speaker 3: I would also say, as well, this is an interesting exercise in shrinking a world very quickly, because the Jurassic World movies were every dinosaur is out, Dinosaurs are just living, Dinosaurs are at the drive in, dinosaurs are everywhere.
Speaker 4: This is very much.
Speaker 3: About like, how do you make an intimate, small scale, kind of back to basics Jurassic movie. But then you know, you hire Gareth Edwards, who's actually really greatest those big stuff good.
Speaker 4: You're being Rosie.
Speaker 1: That's exactly I think what I was responding to you, like, I like Jurassic Park three. I think a lot more than many people because I like.
Speaker 4: It very fun. I also like it.
Speaker 1: I liked it it's not trying to add a ton of stuff to the lore. It's just this kind of like self contained, almost like bottle Jurassic Park movie. And that's kind of what this movie is. It's kind of like a bottle movie for Jurassic Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's a good point, and I do think that that was what David Kep was going for original.
Speaker 4: Jurassic Park right. Also, I would say of.
Speaker 3: The screenplay, obviously based on the Michael Crichton, but I would also say this is very different for a Jurassic World movie, because the last three Jurassic World movies are all about like the amount of people at the park or the way that the dinosaurs are interacting with other people.
Speaker 4: But here it really is that eight you know, eight to twelve people.
Speaker 3: Cost once you get the family in and once a few people end up getting eaten, and by the end you have this really kind of tiny cast. How did that work for the steaks? For you, guys, Aaron, you didn't enjoy it as much. Do you feel like not having them kind of running around the park or having other people at the park lowered the escapes stakes for you?
Speaker 5: Actually likes the tiny cast, and I think the cast could have been smaller. Recipes to ed screen Who is there for six lines?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know. I was so excited to see it, and then I was like, I was like, who from LA.
Speaker 4: Wrote that name? Because I know that's an Atwater village name.
Speaker 2: I saw him and I was like, oh, I didn't know. I didn't realize he was in this, and then he was.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, but okay.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, though, let's talk about how the movie establishes this kind of new world of dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: This is one of the things that I.
Speaker 3: Think is an instant issue in the Jurassic World movies, and I saw somebody write about this way more eloquently. But the idea that people are bored of dinosaurs, it's like, I get it in the first Drassic World movie.
Speaker 4: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: You've had the park for twenty years, but if your movie starts with the idea of people are bored of dinosaurs, are you inherently like making the audience less interested?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in those dinosaurs.
Speaker 5: I joked with Carmen before this. That's why no one goes to see tigers and lyons at zoos. That's why no one goes to see Hamilton on Broadway anymore, because everyone is bored.
Speaker 2: Of those things. No, no one would get bored of dinosaurs. Like, let's let's stop with that that fib.
Speaker 1: I found that interesting only in that I now want to know more about this chaotic shit world that must exist. Yeah, but order for people to just be like, hey, there's dinosaurs running around the equator free and don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: It's just the theeosaurus in New York.
Speaker 1: I did for me. It was more. I felt like a better way to go is, hey, every time we try a theme park, like a thousand people get killed.
Speaker 3: So yes, we just can't do it any respect to go legitimate.
Speaker 4: I also like I would what I would have loved to see.
Speaker 3: I would love to see, like if we're doing little kind of like pushed through. This was a push through movie really really quick, end up taking a random release date. That's why it doesn't have a three D release. That's why it doesn't have an IMAX release. I would love to see, like, who is getting sued over the fact that dinosaurs were just released into the world at the end of Fallen Kingdom, Like, I feel like there is some legal issues about the world that I do want to know, but this movie is not interested in them. This is a meet the Gang, get the gang to the island, and start killing people. Because this is also very interestingly one of the first movies since well the first Jurassic Park movie where they have leaned into the idea of like enjoying seeing dinosaurs kill people with our evil CEO character.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 3: Definitely a bit more violent, it's a bit more horror.
Speaker 4: How did that.
Speaker 3: Sit with you, guys? Did you feel like that work? Calm and I know your horror babe, one of our scream queens, How did that aspect to work for you?
Speaker 6: I felt like it didn't lean into the horror enough quite honestly, because I felt like the distortus Rex could have been really, really terrifying if they had a used it a little bit more. I know, that's such a funny name, and.
Speaker 3: Dude, it was I was at the Universe. I'm also like they didn't finish Like they finished it. They gave it a name, but like it was just left there.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like, would they really have given it a name?
Speaker 3: But Yeah, I was saying with my friend after we'd been at Universal all day and we went to watch it, it was like eleven pm at night, and they would just.
Speaker 4: Like, why does he have such a big head? Like every time he came on, they were just like his five head, Like, I just why does he look so dorfy? He's got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that ties back to a bigger conversation we've been having at the screen queens in our own little group chat just about how monster design in the in the in general is kind of on a downward slope thests. You know, monster design is not really.
Speaker 4: Post No Speratu.
Speaker 6: Yes we have the No Sparatu monster slump. Yes, I would agree, And so for me, I felt like, if you have this big, giant, scary monster, I want I wanted to I want to see it a little bit more, but I also want to, like, I want the elements of the movie to be a little more horr and a little less action. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did that work for you? Jason?
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with Carmen, I think in terms of just to add to what Carmen said about creature design, I feel like the creatures are too in this movie generally, and generally in movies nowadays, are too clean. Like it's they look and they look really cool and they look real, but you know, like a real animal has like snot and weird stuff coming off of it and things, and that was very muche grossness, and you don't feel the grossness of these creatures like at all, hardly at all, And to me, that's that takes away from the impact of it. I will say that I wanted more horror. It's always made sense to me to make this, you know, like the the most effective set pieces the first two Jurassics were to me like horror set pieces.
Speaker 4: Essentially, the car, the kitchen, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so like that to me has always been the heartbeat of this film, is like the dinosaurs are loose, they're really scary and they're killing people. And I did like listen, I did like that this movie is really leaning into even with the family is like, you want to see it. You want to see him get fucking eaten, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like this disrespectful young guys.
Speaker 1: Get eaten? Does he not?
Speaker 3: Well, it has they have had issues and obviously the first Drassic Park we get to see the lawyer eating on the toilet legendary, but since then they have struggled at times, like in Jurassic World, very famously, the let's put it in the Commas kind of annoying, nagging assistant character just randomly gets like the most horrifics very legendarily. Yes, and so this at least gives us like an evil, big farmer guy to root for, Like by the time he's getting killed, you're happy with what's gonna happen to him?
Speaker 4: Aaron, how did you feel about that? Because we do get quite a lot of dino deaths in this movie.
Speaker 5: You mean death to dino's or deaths of Dinah, death of dinos.
Speaker 4: Deaths at the mouths of dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that.
Speaker 5: I'm not a horror person. I think that the first Drastic Park has so much good horror in it. For me, someone who doesn't want to see a horror movie. There are so many scary things in that first one, and the second one even has some really good horror elements. I think this one I my favorite parts. I think were more of the action scenes with a lot of thrill and suspense to them, rather than the d Rex and like it. It was an incredible shot when it emerges from the smoke and the fog and it has just bitten the helicopter like that was I wanted more that from him him being the d Rex. I I actually don't know it's gender, where its distortus lies within the spectrum, but I I thought that the horror and the scary elements worked really well, so as someone who doesn't like scary movies, this was sufficiently scary. Could have been maybe even a little scarier, but that's not essential to a good dinosaur. Sorry, it's not essential that it has these mutants I think to be scary, because I still think the t Rex raft scene in the middle of the day had my heart going so hot. I mean that was seeing it swim and then come up onto on them, like, oh, I love that. I loved it so much. So yeah, I wanted I could have used more stuff like that. And the scene we haven't even talked about that that was that was scary too, and just watching it like climb, which like as I'm climbing out of the cave and it's like going up the wall.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was.
Speaker 4: Really Oh my, poor guy, I was really reading Kim.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's take a quick break and when we were back, we will get Aaron's thoughts as our most.
Speaker 4: Prolific musician on the scores of Joss. And we're back, Aaron, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the score.
Speaker 5: Before I saw the movie, you and Joel had already seen it, and you Joel just mentioned.
Speaker 4: That Joel was not a fan of the director.
Speaker 5: And Joe well was interested in what I was going to say about the score. And it's very common now that when I see a movie, it's great having all of you. I will immediately text one of you a lot of times when I leave a movie if you've already seen it. And I just texted Joelle as I walked out, and I was like, you were not kidding about the score. So here's I've prepared a little statement. If this gets too long, we can cut things but I'm just gonna go for this all right. As we know, this movie does a lot to reference and mirror the first film in the franchise, so it would be only natural that the score would have nods to Jonathan will John Williams's masterpiece that accompanied that first roun Mister Jonathan Williams. However, the score here calls back to Williams's original work, with lait motifs and spots that are random at best and just flat out misunderstood at worst. In the original, the most memorable pieces bring out a childlike sense of awe and wonder We're seeing a freaking dinosaur for the first time. Here, they're used in spots that offer no awe and no wonder whatsoever. First up, the first time we get John Williams's piece, we have Scarlett and Jonathan Bailey sitting on the edge of the boat while hunting the Mosesaurus. The scene is set to the piece Zora and Loomis Chat. Now top in my head. That is the actual name of the piece, Zora and Loomis Chat. It's remaking elements of the iconic Welcome to Jurassic Park from the original. In the original, Alan Grant has that iconic rise up from the jeep, grab Ellie's head and turn it because she's not looking at the dinosaur, and then they both run around like they're a dog who's never been outside.
Speaker 2: For the very first time.
Speaker 5: In Rebirth, the characters are talking about they're developing this tension of do we give the blood samples to the corporation or not? Do we open source it, which, as far as I can tell, a textbook example of childhood awe and wonder do we open source this blood DNA for pharmaceuticals? This this to me, was like if you had the god a new Godzilla movie and you play the Godzilla theme when a military general enters the cafeteria for the first time.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, this is incredible, next.
Speaker 6: To us perfect.
Speaker 5: The second time we get John Williams music heavily featured is in Dino Spectacle. That's the name of the piece which plays during the Titanosaur scene, so clearly echoing the Brachiosaurus reveal in the very first one where I talked about with Alan Grant Settler. Uh, Ellie and uh again, this is our first time seeing these majestic sora pods up close. Except in the first film, it's our first time seeing a dinosaur. We briefly saw the raptor obscured by shadows in the cage, but in Rebirth, our characters have already encountered two separate species of dinosaurs. They've attacked and decimated their boat, and they've killed multiple crew members. We open the movie with a dying Sora pod in New York that everyone just treats like someone handing out tickets to a free comedy show. Here we get this moment, and instead of something beautiful, it's Scarlett Johanson loading the gun and getting ready to shoot the dinosaur in the act.
Speaker 4: Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Do not disagree with you, and I am gonna tap in Jason as another musician face thoughts, but I will just say Jonathan Bailey is acting his fucking ass off in that moment though because I was tearing up, the guy next to me was tearing up.
Speaker 4: He sells it.
Speaker 3: Even if the music doesn't like his acting, you believe that he has seen the dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Jason.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to sit here and say that Displatt is on the level of John Williams, but I think we're misunderstanding how movie making works. It's a lot, Like how when I was doing a lot of journalism, someone would complain this headline is inaccurate to me, and I'm like, bitch, I don't write the headline. See editor, Gareth Edwards decides where the music goes, and Displatt is making the stuff that Gareth Edwards is responding to, and so I don't discount that. Like I don't know if the if the introductions and the motifs would I would generally put them in the places that they are. But I think this is now the third collaboration between Edwards and Dysplatter the second, and I think Edwards likes the music where he likes it, which is when the action is happening, and not as a face, not as a space filler or or a space elevator or in a mood elevator. And that's on him.
Speaker 2: If you don't like it.
Speaker 5: To me, Yeah, look, I don't want to disparage Displat's score. There are a lot of pieces in here. I actually really like. I've talked already about that t Rex Raft scene. Also, Birds Boat Chase is great about Chase is good. The action ones are good. I do agree that they the quiet.
Speaker 1: Ones don't have the sense of magic and what you know, the kind of ephemeral chemistry that others. I mean, it's hard, like you're saying John Williams, it's like, hey, you're not as good as Michael Jordan at basketball.
Speaker 4: Exact like, we get it.
Speaker 1: But I think a lot of the things I do think that in terms of positioning and placement, I think a lot of that's got to be on Edwards of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And far be it from me to say there's something wrong with the score itself. Maybe I'm just having a complaint about the guy that directed Rogue one.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: A coming together. It's all coming I.
Speaker 5: Do want to point out Jonathan Bailey fun fact played clarinet growing up, and he asked to be there for the recordings, sat in on the recording and actually played the clarinet for the theme for Doctor Loomis.
Speaker 2: So that was here. It's I mean, like, could we like this guy anymore?
Speaker 4: So he's definitely in my fave.
Speaker 3: I thought him and Mahershela, I thought they had great chemistry. We know, like you said, ed Screen gets killed off that poor french woman at the beginning, she gets killed off in a very scary moment. Yeah, common, What are your feelings on the chemistry the leads? Do you need to see Scarlett you handsome return? Can she just continue on to her next project and we just have Maherschela. Can you even see these characters continuing on? Because it does leave things in a kind of finite place in some ways it does.
Speaker 6: I really like the introduction of Jonathan Bailey as what's his name, doctor Loomis. Loomis, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite doctors in any Jurassic Park, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 6: He was great. But the entire time I kept trying to figure out are they trying to make some sort of like romantic connection happen between his character and Scarlett Johansson's character, because I was feeling no chemistry between the two, but they kept like having like, I don't know, flirtation with each other. That I was like, is are they trying to lean into that?
Speaker 3: I think I really they will want they don't kiss, they don't kiss. I think they wanted a Twisters type situation, yeah, where the chemistry is so high that everyone's annoyed they don't kiss.
Speaker 4: But it did, Yes, it did not mean that way. I was glad they did not commit to the kiss.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I did like.
Speaker 3: The suggestive part where she where he like chained her to the boat. I was like, that was like, I was like, Okay, there's something going on between the two of you here.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is, right, but yeah, I felt like I felt like in those instances, Jonathan Bailey was carrying a lot more of the chemistry. Loved mahershall Ali's character, and I feel terrible that like his whole crew basically, I know, and he.
Speaker 3: Was the only one who seemed to care about it and was not bothered, not bothered at all.
Speaker 4: Duncan Kincaid incredible action.
Speaker 6: Name, crazy name.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's some real uncharged type situation. And this is a very like uncharted Indiana Jones.
Speaker 4: It inspired movie, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's start talking about you know, we're not gonna plot hole a Jurassic World movie, because the truth is it's all ahole because guess dinosaurs can't be born back to life from DNA. But let's start talking about maybe some of the inconsistencies. We get this great scene early on when Loomis is talking to Atwater played by nscreen Irip, who gets killed by a spinosaurus, and the film makes this kind of big deal where he's like, oh, you're gonna tell me it's like illegal to kill a dinosaur, and Jonathan Bailey acts his ass off once again.
Speaker 4: And he's like, no, I'm gonna tell you it's a sin.
Speaker 3: But then, as a superducer Aaron has pointed out, Bennett immediately shoots a dinosaur that's shunning them. Isabella takes the baby Aquilops the Larees breakout star from like the.
Speaker 4: Only environment known that she can survive in. So where do we land? Is it a sin to kill a dinosaur? Is it not a sin? What do you guys feel about it?
Speaker 1: It's a sin to kill a person in yet.
Speaker 4: Jesus said it, you know.
Speaker 1: So I've found this to be I think that this is a conversation that would take place in a world in which dinosaurs exist, right, you have people concerned about like the treatment of the dinosaurs and whether they're being handled violently or un.
Speaker 4: Ethic, which was a major point of Yes, And I.
Speaker 1: Think that that too. So I think that like, technically, yes, you shouldn't. These are very intelligent creatures that we shouldn't be like shooting so that we can like extract their DNA for pharmaceutical purposes. But at the same time, it's like I kind of feel the same way about this that I feel about these conversations that you see more and more now about whether, Okay, so if AI comes to life, like it should get human rights, right, and I'm like, yes, technically, but until we can guarantee human rights for all the actual humans, Like I hear that much if we shoot a dinosaur, like I think it's terrible, but like, sometimes you got to shoot a dinosaurus.
Speaker 3: Also, it very interesting to me that in this movie we don't get a lot of the kind of that in the old movies, right, Like you had either Beattie Wong or you had good old Jeff Goldbloom as in Malcolm basically being like, hey, these aren't really animals like they are.
Speaker 4: They're not dinosaurs. They are hybrid creations. They are kind of this you know.
Speaker 3: Part frog part, this part that they're monsters, their abaritions, but.
Speaker 4: We didn't have that here. Here.
Speaker 3: They were just like it's a dinosaur man, They're back. This is how they're back now, And.
Speaker 2: You know what, sometimes you.
Speaker 4: Just got to kill them.
Speaker 6: Another great dinosaur movie.
Speaker 1: They're back speaking of like more platforms.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say that. Well, first of all, the CEO being on the trip is insane just sending someone else.
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's a trillion dollar project, but he has been in charge of why is.
Speaker 1: Why are you there where?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: If there ever are let's say, you survive, if there ever are like charges about it, you were physically there, like running the whole thing. Nicer one you don't go and number two is like a trillion dollars. I think we can invest in more guys, like why are we sending such a small team of guys? And my only other note is this, I think in certain Jurassic movies and this is one of them, we don't need the family. I think I understand that it is that I.
Speaker 3: Think if that's a mercenary involved, you don't need the family.
Speaker 1: They don't need it. And I think that I understand that it's a core part of the DNA of the dress or friend show, but it just felt like to shoehorned in this time and it's like as soon as you see them, you know, the archetype. It's like, oh, she's dating the knucklehead and the dad is really nice and this one is mischief this and it's like, Okay, I get it, Like I didn't. I just personally didn't need it. I don't know if anybody else feels that way.
Speaker 6: No, I've felt the same way.
Speaker 3: I think that it is an understandable addition because we've basically always had at least a kid, but in the Jurassic World movies, they at least by the second movie, got made that a lot weirder, and we're like, okay, well.
Speaker 4: It's a clone. It's a weird clone child. So I'm like, let's do a little bit of a reach.
Speaker 3: Also, I do think that it's very speaking of plotolish, I'm like, okay, so your dad and you decided that even in a world where there are real life dinosaurs, like giant giant dinosaurs, you just have to you know, sail across the Atlantic Ocean. Also, what kind of that, like, I don't know what kind of like houses you guys were raised them.
Speaker 4: But my dad was definitely not letting me bring like my sexy.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend who I'm just like, fucking in the boat constantly like what was that?
Speaker 1: That absolutely like negates the relieving town plan, Like the whole thing is to take you away from this guy, and he's coming.
Speaker 3: He's just gonna eat el sisters, sisters, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So guys, one more little plot holes.
Speaker 4: Please, because I was gonna just bring up another.
Speaker 5: There is not really a plot hole, but the fact that the Chekhov's fill in the blank is actually a gun in a movie featuring dinosaurs and mutant dinosaurs, and the thing is a guy who found a handgun.
Speaker 2: That to me was like, okay, come on, we got like raptors right around I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, also, couldn't that be like a cool gun we had like special gun that you had to use, not just like a handgun.
Speaker 1: And someone explain, Can someone explain that the the requirements for the drug DNA has your biggest dinosaurs? Y?
Speaker 2: Yes, I read this.
Speaker 3: This was cracking based on what like, No, this was absolutely cracking me up because in the movie I was waiting for them to explain it and they were basically like, well, it's because they've got the biggest hearts, so you can see you can the coronary muscles are stronger. That's what Sexy Glasses Jonathan Bailey says, and he's like, so you gotta do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm gonna tell you what was clear to me, this.
Speaker 3: Is another franchise filmmaker, just like Ryan Johnson, JJ Abrams or these other people who watched Avatar the Last Airbender and was like, yes, this is very appealing to me because it's like I was cracking up when they're like, we.
Speaker 4: Gotta get the biggest dinosaurs from the air.
Speaker 3: The sea and the Okay nation, when are they starting right?
Speaker 4: And you said you have a plot point, let's talk.
Speaker 6: About it at the end. I was very confused in the end. In the swamp scene, it's nighttime, they've got the flares. Mahruschela Ali is trying to get away from the d Rex. It was incredibly confusing to me how he basically just like turned a corner, lit another flare and then was fine, like out of the sight of the Direx. I'm like, this thing is huge. Can he not see you over the trees or anything.
Speaker 4: It was very Direx's dumb.
Speaker 2: He's got a big head b d Rex's battery. Instead, he had to go back and he just had to play it out.
Speaker 3: I will say I did love Maherschel and not getting killed, but I did also think it was like very hilarious because, like you say, he is the world's best like underwater swimmer or something. Right, there's like a reason that he is able to escape. Also, let's ask the other question, Aaron, how many islands do you think they did experiments?
Speaker 4: Because we're at seven islands at this point.
Speaker 1: We just came up with another island. I seem to remember that the that it was central to the plot of the.
Speaker 2: Second to me, right, that the.
Speaker 1: Dinosaurs are dying and then and then there was also like an entire like island they got blown up, So like, what's happened?
Speaker 2: Where are these?
Speaker 4: How many islands? Also how much money?
Speaker 3: Like we know in gen had a lot of money, but did it have like twenty five island money, like twenty five private islands?
Speaker 4: Like that's a whole different level of corporate oversight.
Speaker 3: And also at least in the first three Jurassic Park movies, it was like, you know, I love the opening of the third one. I think it's so scary where the kid is like parasailing around and they have to pay a guy loads of money to take them there, because nobody will go at this point though, they just got like islands just out there, like they got islands with the evilist Sarlac I mean, rancors looking them off, Dinosaur and they don't even have a chain around the island or a military thing. They're just like, nah, just go, it's fine, it's okay, Aaron. How many islands do you think there are?
Speaker 6: Ultimate?
Speaker 2: How many more movies do you want?
Speaker 4: I'm hoping for at least ten more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, like why doesn't I don't I guess I don't understand why Engine or the other one don't have the DNA somewhere like in an archive, Like why do we need to come out?
Speaker 2: They bought all this stuff from the Engine.
Speaker 4: Auction, I thought.
Speaker 3: I guess when in between the original Jurassic Park and then I believe that in gen was essentially like taken over by the mas Rani Corporation. Who's the guy who insists on riding driving his own helicopter in the first movie and like smashes into the avery very fun in Jurassic World. I'm guessing at some point then this I think it's like Parker Nugenix.
Speaker 4: Or something in the new one. They must have bought it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean in Gen is like legit one of the worst companies that has ever existed. Like they they've got no corporate oversight, they've got no archives.
Speaker 4: Apparently.
Speaker 3: Also, one of the guys who created Engen, the guy who was revealed alongside.
Speaker 4: Classic you know, Hammond Engen.
Speaker 3: Used the technology to clone his own daughter, who died of illness, and then raised her as his granddaughter. So I think these are not saying people who were in charge, but I guess they were less greedy than this guy.
Speaker 1: I will say that I want a live taping of how did this get made? They were talking about fast X and I'm not sure this made this into the show because it was live, so there was a lot of it was seth Rogen and so there was like a lot of Shane. There's a lot of Shnans, and he was he knows Charlie's so he was like telling a lot of like off, you know, stories that she had told him. And I don't know if it made it into the it's the episode, so I don't know if I'm breaking anything, but I'm gonna tell it now. So there was apparently like this funny moment where uh, something happened on one of the like uh, one of the scenes in one of the fasts got changed, right, And so these writers that they had hired I want to say it was Lord and Miller, but I don't think. I don't think that's right. It's some like young writing teams that they had hired to kind of like punch up and work on this had come in and they saw that some big thing had gotten changed and they were like, oh my god, this like kind of changes a lot of the other scenes we need. So they were sitting there like in the offices up all night, like writing, writing, writing, trying to fix this, and whoever one of the producers comes in and is like, guys, what are you doing here. It's like, oh, but they changed this thing and they and the producer just goes stop, stops up, sun, who fucking cares? Yeah, do you know what we're making?
Speaker 6: Just like who can do it?
Speaker 1: And I think that's kind of I think that's kind of like obviously, I think they don't want it to be dumb dumb no, no, But like the CEO of the Parasitical Company didn't personally go.
Speaker 2: On this Dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Like how much suspension of this belief do you have? How much of the kind of enjoy? So I will say great, great, lay up.
Speaker 3: There, Jason, because later we will be talking about which franchises we want Jurassic Parks and.
Speaker 2: One of them for me, it's fast.
Speaker 4: Let's go to an ad break and we'll be right back. Am I back?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to start with you, Aaron, asking this somber question, where do we stand post seeing this movie on Gareth Edwards as a director because Rogue One, as we know notoriously had to be basically saved from the brink of production hell by the Tone Zone Tony Gilroy Godzilla twenty fourteen, though it did end up launching the legendary Monster Verse, that was kind of a mixed bag and also tonally just completely different from anything that they're doing in that franchise now. Then twenty twenty three he had the Creator, which was the AI kind of war movie, but that got really fantastic reviews, specifically for the visuals, but story wise did not really hit and did not make a lot of money.
Speaker 4: So like, how are you feeling?
Speaker 3: You're feeling like you are correct in your Rogue One hatred? Do you feel like Gareth Edwards? You just don't get it.
Speaker 4: You hate English people?
Speaker 3: Like, what is it?
Speaker 2: I hate anyone from over the part?
Speaker 5: Now, I think one of the things I think is weird is I've read something that he really wanted to He loved the rank or design from Star Wars and wanted to make something like that, so instead of including it in his Star Wars movie, he included that in his Jurassic Park movie. So next he's gonna do, I don't know, a Star Trek movie and there will be a t Rex in it because he wanted to like something else. I think, honestly, you know, I know I am in the minority and not liking Rogue One. There were a lot of moments in this film I really enjoyed. I would watch another thing he does. I'm not gonna, you know, count it out just because he's involved. So I am probably surprisingly more on board with him doing something else, not necessarily another Jurassic Park maybe, but you know, yeah, I'll watch another thing he does.
Speaker 3: Common how do you feel about Gareth Edwards off to that little recap of his cinematic history, Well.
Speaker 6: Only having seen Rogue One, and the twenty fourteen Godzilla. You know, I would say he's not like Uie Bowl levels of bad director.
Speaker 3: You know. She said, yes, she said guys, she said, guys, do you need somebody to talk about the movies?
Speaker 6: Because yes, yes, yes, so he's not quite a B movie director. But I do think in terms of like these big movies, I would have loved to have seen what this would have been like if Steven Spielberg had returned to the director's seat. You know, not that he would, but I would have just I would just love to see what that would be like. I think it was kind of a you know, kind of mid in comparison to the original trilogy.
Speaker 4: And I will say too, I've struggled to keep that like.
Speaker 3: The emotional or enjoy and emotion comboed with the kind of massive dino.
Speaker 2: And pharmaceutical discussions.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I will say too, like I went back and rewatched, Well, I've never watched any of the Chris Pratt because I just take Chris Pratt, but I've never watched any of the Jurassic World movies. And so I went back. It was free on two B so I said, yes, I will sit down and watch this free on two B movie, and I found that the way that they used that Indominus Rex that in that movie was a lot more effective and a lot more scary than what ended up happening with the d Rex. So I think it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like mid Yeah, you got to see something else from him. I will say I first when I first saw this movie in forty X, which by the way, guys, I am not sponsored by forty X, But this is the movie if you are like this, no, no, no, this is the movie.
Speaker 4: The way that you are like flying around like you're for d Rex, that's what we call it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Like, the water effects were great. It was really scary. It was very immersive. They had loads of good sense that they were pumping in. But when I first saw that, I was like, Okay, I do think they said why this was the one that the kid that I went to see it with, Isaiah, was really struggling with for some reason. When she was eating the licorice red licorice laces, which me and Isaiah are both found them, they were pumping in like a beef jerky smell. I guess because they didn't have like a red licorice smell. It was with.
Speaker 4: Very immersive. Yeah. Yeah, I live in South LA, so you never know, but they were.
Speaker 3: I came out of it and I was like, Okay, I think people are really gonna love this because it's really stripped back and it feels like much more just like to the point Jurassic World kind of this is what we want. It's very it's more kin to the original trilogy. But I will say I was watching Jurassic World, the first movie recently as well as it was free on chuby, and I was actually kind of surprised by how well some of this stuff really did land, even like, you know, the movie was not beloved by critics time, but there are moments in it common like you say, where you do get this kind of epic scope and scale and scariness, like the idea that the indominous Rex can be invisible because it was camouflages, in the fact that at the end you have that great scene where everybody's kind of running through the park because the terodactyls tried to pick them up. You know. So I was I think it's I was surprised by how bad the critic reviews were for this. It was around a fifty percent I thought that was really unfair because I thought this was quite a solid, kind of fun two our adventure movie. But then I was also surprised by how when I compared it to Jurassic World, it didn't immediately feel like just one hundred percent of better movie. It was just two very different takes the world of Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: On Gareth, I will say that I'm not a particularly a fan of Gareth. He did get fired off of Rogue, on which did open the door for the Tone Zone to take a and give us and or or whatever. He delivered a director's cut that Disney didn't like, and that opened the door the door for and we love the Tone Zone. That's it. I think that Gareth is incredible at big stuff. We kind of tease that. I agree, Godzilla, King Kong and this. He is great at scale, at action sequences that take scale into account, that make that deliver a sense of awe and excitement and suspense because something huge is like coming out of the water or coming through the woods, and I think he's just I think he's good at that. I think it's one of his major major pluses for him.
Speaker 4: I definitely think that.
Speaker 3: The stuff that he learned from doing that twenty fourteen Godzilla movie, which visually is really really cool and did establish this kind of chunky, big boy American Godzilla that we have now is definitely on show here, like the size of the dinosaurs, that moment, like you said, with the d Rex eating the helicopter, and then you know, the moment where we get to see the big.
Speaker 4: Titanosauruses for the first time.
Speaker 3: Also the fun of having the kind of wrapped terodactyl crossover dinosaurs, though I will say quite ugly all the mutant dinosaurs in this now this does lead to sorry to judge those dinosaurs by their physicality, but I don't know them personally.
Speaker 4: But this leads to something me and Aaron were really interested in, which was.
Speaker 3: A discourse a discourse in our discord, which was a really cool comment and take that I like that, I am going to tell you by anamalas she they which is something that they really liked about the movie was they essentially used the mutant dinosaurs as the villains and the non mutants as that's just nature folks, Like the t Rex is scary, but we also see it like napping, kind of like a cat and you know that you are in its space. And then the quetzacotalus it's just looking after its eggs, right, And the titanosauruses have that kind of we are in love and that was actually originally meant to be a mating moment too, but they didn't commit. But the mutants don't get that edit. They're not trying to make us love the d Rex or the weird raptor bird things. And I feel like if you're going to introduce something like that that takes away from the natural beauty of the dinosaurs in JP one, then they have to be the villains. The movie retains that the natural dinosaurs in gen made are just out here living their life. And sure you have the argument that they're not, you know, real dinosaurs, but that kind of dichotomy keeps the nostalgia golden.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good read.
Speaker 3: I like the idea that the mutant kind of two dangerous dinosaurs, those become more of your kind of scary monstrosity tease, and then you know, you get the more classical t Rex, though here the t Rex is not the hero, which is also the first movie where we've kind of dealt with that, because usually the t rex is brought in as that last minute kind of hero.
Speaker 4: How do you guys think about that type.
Speaker 2: I have two responses.
Speaker 5: One, I do think the mosasaurus and the spinosaurus were kind of dicks, and I think that they were kind of out there hunting.
Speaker 4: I love dinosaur They're so scary and that's terrifying.
Speaker 5: My second take is I actually have a theory that the muted raptor, the raptor Yannidon hybrid was not a I think that was originally going to be raptors.
Speaker 2: I think in that.
Speaker 5: They have a raptor and right now they have the mutated dinosaur come down and get it. I think that was going to be a catch of cool Atlas just getting the raptor. But I did a little looking into this because that could have been raptors. And if you go on the Mattel website, there is no toy for the mutated raptor creature.
Speaker 2: Okay, there are multiple things for raptors.
Speaker 5: There are all the other dinosaurs, there are other dinosaurs that didn't even show up in the final cut of the movie, but there's no toy for the mutated one. And I kind of think that was like a last minute, we didn't commit enough to the mutation stuff we need to throw.
Speaker 4: At something else might have been too homage.
Speaker 2: Yes, because there is a lot.
Speaker 4: I was quite surprised to see.
Speaker 3: A lot of the critique was essentially like, it's just the same as the first Jurassic Park movie. Again, why are we always doing the same thing. I did not feel that was the case, but when I went to see it for a second time, I did kind of notice a lot of the beats that were very similar in the homages in I.
Speaker 4: Remember, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think it was my friend Steve, who has a podcast called Stephen Ray Morris, who has a podcast called See Jurassic Right and was also the producer of My Favorite Motor for for a long time but is now dinosaur focused.
Speaker 4: He had said it, yeah, Steven's.
Speaker 3: Great, and he'd said that it was it had reminded him on first viewing of kind of like Alien Romulus, where it felt like they were more interested in kind of like the homages and the throwbacks and the strip back nature of it.
Speaker 4: But then we went to see it.
Speaker 3: Steve came with us to see it in forty X and I think seeing it with a bunch of kids and being in that more immersive experience was way more fun. And now he's kind of turned a corner on it. But I thought that alien romulus thing was pretty smart because I do think the kind of crossover of original callbacks that could have been a big one with raptors, though, I will say this is another big question actually, and generally I've seen people respond to this, well, how do you guys feel about the fact that there clearly are not really any raptors in this movie? You get like three minutes of raptors, not Eva Jason, he said, he said, I'm over it and I need him in seven movies.
Speaker 1: How would they get here?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: I think that that it's it's a good point.
Speaker 1: Actually buy into the destruction and despoilment of previous Jurassic World islands, then I think it would make sense that they would not have reached here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also it would just be like there's a couple, but they're gonna get eaten off, They're gonna get eaten by another dinosaur, like we see.
Speaker 6: I felt like the spinosaurs kind of replaced the role of the yeah, raptors and the water, and that was a lot more scary to me.
Speaker 4: I did think the water stuff was exceptionally cool.
Speaker 3: And also I will say, in defense of the muscosaurus and spinosaurus, they are you could argue that they are also just like be doing the natural thing that they should be doing, which is like hunting people.
Speaker 6: So I have a whole body of water though to go.
Speaker 3: Exactly now, and they just got to hope that some rich parents are like, hope, I got to teach my child to sail across the ocean this summer. Also, I will say visually we've talked about how good Gareth is at big stuff.
Speaker 4: Totally agree.
Speaker 3: I do think something that this movie and that cleanness that you're talking about, Jason, is there is only one full, like practical animatronic dinosaur, and it is the Aquaops, the little Dolores that she has in her bag. So I think that's part of the reason in the other movies we were always getting at.
Speaker 4: Least some big, practical, kind of fancy animatronic.
Speaker 1: Can I say one more thing about the cleanness too, please? In forty X, the Dinosaurs gotta stink. I gotta smell the bread. It's yes, it's gotta smell.
Speaker 4: I know that you're in a museum.
Speaker 1: I gotta I know that's not what people want when they go to.
Speaker 4: The should have happened?
Speaker 1: Are we committing to this or not? When it comes up and it's screaming in your face, don't you spit?
Speaker 4: No, this is a good point because they smell something. There was a moment.
Speaker 1: Why am I smelling twills twizzle? I'm not smelling a twiddlers dinosaur?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm yeah right, it's it's it's Dan Stevenson's character from The Lasts.
Speaker 4: And Kaijo Kaiju dentist. So I will say that one of the things that was most funny.
Speaker 3: And Jason, I think you are right because when we went to see Gladiator two in forty X because it was the only way I could see it to cover it for the.
Speaker 4: Podcast, they had burning flesh smells. They had burning splash smells. I think that dinosaurs it should be like that.
Speaker 3: Let's commit to it, especially because there was a moment, and I do think it's one of the best moments in the movie.
Speaker 4: But when the French lady, I'm so sorry, I don't know your name, baby, You're in the movie for like five minutes.
Speaker 3: She's got a little kerchief on She is trying to push this bag of like supplies onto the beach, and if you catch it from the corner of your eye, you'll see a spinosaurus moving. If you don't, she then just gets grabbed from behind and there's it's hue splash. I screamed so loud the cinema fucking water went in my mouth, and I was like, I'm gonna die. So honestly, I can deal with a bad smell because I screamed and I was just like, I am gonna die of like fucking.
Speaker 4: Botulism cinema water. So let's add the funk.
Speaker 1: Guys, funk like the jungle stinks.
Speaker 4: Come on. Oh yeah, it would be so humid and sweaty. Okay, guys. So the franchise is here. It made so much money. It made like three hundred and forty eight million dollars globally on a weekend.
Speaker 3: This is gonna end up being one of the most successful movies of the year globally, no question. It's already the biggest global opening weekend of the year. Where does the franchise go from here? Because I think that is something that the movie leaves very open ended aka unanswered, So Jason, what do you think.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about it, we teased it, so let's do it. What But I think it's time to mash a little bit, and I here's my proposal. Planet of the Apes Jurassic crossover. It's the far flung, you know, dystopian ape ruled future of Earth. They have like the Northern Pole Hemisphere regions, and then around the equator it's all the dinosaurs and it's the smart dinosaurs.
Speaker 6: And I love this.
Speaker 1: It's like coming in conflict with the with the apes, and like some you come up with some bullshit, like one of the humans involved in the story is like Alan Grant's great great great whatever grand or some bullshit like this right dinosaurs, Yeah, and you, and that's how you weave it.
Speaker 3: I also would love to see that because I like the implication that, like we could somehow end up in a situation where if Jurassic Park had.
Speaker 4: Never happened, we never would have gone that way and monkeys never would have taken over. But like that you were stupid enough.
Speaker 6: To bring dinosaurs back and make monkeys smarter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying, Okay, Common, what franchise are you crossing it over with? If you can cross over with anything.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is going to be the most on brand answer for me.
Speaker 2: Ever, can't wait?
Speaker 6: Bear with me, No, not that, bear with me. Alien versus predator. Oh, I would like to see it and the predator I made this is stream of consciousness. By the way, I do the predator lands on Earth to start hunting dinosaurs because you know, he needs a cool trophy to take back that which, by the way, we have a t rex skull weretorship. Oh my god, see I've already it's perfect comment.
Speaker 4: Keep this one in the back pocket, that that that specscript might get made.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then uh, let's say, uh, a xenomorph egg crash lands on some whalen you tawny ship in the same area that the predator is hunting. Now the predator is hunting dinosaurs, but he's also having to face the alien and guess what the alien face hugger does some cross breeding with a t rex or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, that we've been waiting to see it. I'm like, also, I'm like, let's make that into a comake or something. Let's make it happen.
Speaker 4: That sounds amazing, Aaron, how about you?
Speaker 5: You know I really want there to be something. I don't want to say John Wick, but I want something that.
Speaker 2: Is very okay. I would watch that one human stuck.
Speaker 5: On the island, not a group of humans want I guess I'm just describing the Adam Driver movie at this.
Speaker 4: Point, but like I want them to make that movie.
Speaker 2: But good, maybe that's it. Just Kylo Ren on Dinosaur Island.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I love this. I love this because I actually do think that yeah, two Meda, which they were leaning into here, but also as well, if you just think about it, you know, if you've read the Green Arrow comics, Oliver ends up on this island. He has to be trained all his I feel like there is this kind of storytelling trope.
Speaker 4: It's almost like Castaway but with dinosaurs. And it just so happens that it was John Wick who they threw off a bus and.
Speaker 3: He's got enough bullets to keep those dinosaurs dying. And yes, guys, of course, my dream franchise crossover for this, which I feel like they were leaning into in Fast nine. Actually with the with the opening both owned by Universal, you can make it happen, guys, Fast and Furious meets Jurassic Park.
Speaker 4: I think it's ready.
Speaker 3: We call it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's Fast eleven and I know Fast Extinction.
Speaker 2: It's the last.
Speaker 4: He is talking about.
Speaker 6: How curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Vin Diesel's already talking about how he is going to bring back.
Speaker 4: Paul Walker for the next movie. So why not? Just why not? Just nobody knows how, don't want to ask him, don't need the details. But I don't see why a dinosaur could be any other. They have gone to space.
Speaker 3: They are essentially superpowered to the point where they talk about it. I think that they are the only ones who could. They could like tire a dinosaur out, like it's being chased through the jungle.
Speaker 4: I would watch it. I think it would happen.
Speaker 3: There's definitely enough of these islands around islisauna and stuff. This is an island that was gonna be their you know, universal style kind of car show area, and they were gonna have like dinosaurs jumping.
Speaker 4: Through holes and well he could happen.
Speaker 1: Well, oil comes from fossilized dinosaurs and plants and other things. They find out the Fast crew finds out that like the dinosaur blood is gassing. Oh my god, and it's like, yes, the.
Speaker 3: Baby guys, it's all about family and dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much for joining us. This was a delight.
Speaker 3: Always loved to have you guys, had any lost Jurassic World reap ber thoughts?
Speaker 4: You have to get off your chest before we leave.
Speaker 5: Congrats to Scarlet Johansson. I'm becoming the Hollywood's highest grossing lead actor.
Speaker 4: Wild she's been she's been making that money.
Speaker 1: You know she was nine billion is she?
Speaker 4: Do you think Scarjo is a billionaire personally? I don't think something.
Speaker 5: To get used to pay for Colin Jos's ferry to Staten Island, right, guys on Private Fairy.
Speaker 2: Come on, guy, that was less than a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think her partner.
Speaker 3: I mean, I gotta say, guys, I'm feeling like maybe there's an issue with how the studios are making billions of dollars, but even someone like Scodgers, not Billy and that yet, Let's talk about that on another day. Whose labors? Guy?
Speaker 1: She's doing I hope I think she's doing well, and I hope that she is participating in the success of the immensely successful projects that she has been involved in. Yeah, guys, thanks a lot, Thanks a lot. Again. On the next episode of Extra Vision, We're diving into Oh It's hereos our reactions to Superman A long away.
Speaker 2: That's it for this episode.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening well.
Speaker 2: X ray Vision is hosted.
Speaker 1: By Jason Concepts Young and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Cole.
Speaker 2: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 4: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kauffman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.