Speaker 1: It's nine oh gene one olgin with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Hi nine O two one omg ors. Guess what? Geez back, I'm back. It's destined to be a podcaster, not a dancer.
Speaker 2: You but you're a great dancer.
Speaker 1: You did so good you can't. I mean, I was shocked.
Speaker 2: I was shocked. You improved so much from that first dance to the second dance. It was actually bananas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like two or three more left in me though, I'll show you. Guys.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling a little better? Do you feel sad? Do you feel what? Do you feel?
Speaker 1: He's still so sad?
Speaker 2: That's nah, I get it, Jenny. How far did you make it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you go.
Speaker 1: Like or something?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, the semi finals?
Speaker 2: But oh whoa.
Speaker 1: I used to be a dancer in my younger years. You have never danced.
Speaker 3: This is true like.
Speaker 1: That and it's hard, and I was so concerned about you going in and just like the health part of it all and your little body, and I know how hard it is. So I'm just glad you're okay.
Speaker 3: Jen. My body thrived. It was like, thank you, you're doing something for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It responded, I have muscle fighting. Oh my god, I have muscles, and I have the need to keep dancing. I have no outlet. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I know, once you get kicked off, you're like, wait, but I want to dance more, and there's no where are you gonna do that?
Speaker 3: Just shut down, You're just I just go on Instagram. I see all of them keep going and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, well, well so your body felt better doing it. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh my body like remembered like from thirty years ago that I used to move Like wow, it was like radical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, muscle memory is a real thing, and you like, so maybe this will be a motivation for you to work out.
Speaker 3: Will not work out, but I'd like to keep dancing, and I just don't. I don't have an outlet. I don't know it.
Speaker 1: You and I could dance and one of us could lead. I just don't. I need somebody to leave me. I don't know how to dance without somebody leading me.
Speaker 3: Or we could dance and just had two people lead us. Amy, are you on board?
Speaker 2: Can you get us a dance podcast? You're just like yes, That's what I'm saying, is like it's not that hard to keep dancing. So many of those people even have studios and classes they do. Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: Wow, that might be a thing.
Speaker 3: I feel for normal people. There needs to be like a way to do it. It's not all right.
Speaker 2: It's called dance classes. Have you guys never but it's not.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, Amy, have you ever been to a dance class? First of all, uh huh's an adult no.
Speaker 2: Joy in Motion right down the road for me has adult dance classes. And I see them because they do. There's like an outdoor stage and when the weather's nice, I see all the moms like doing their dancing. It's not like ballroom but exactly there's the reason.
Speaker 3: Nope, I mean, what's that class that's been around forever? It's and like shopping malls, but it's couples like seventy and over that go and do their little.
Speaker 1: Robert or no, you know what I mean. It's a name, the name of it.
Speaker 2: A lot of those dancers on Dancing with the Stars started there. What's his name?
Speaker 1: Are there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Thank you Jenny for the Wynn who has the.
Speaker 3: Most memory of all.
Speaker 4: Gonna memory my memory for being a drug addict.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh god, yeah, we should breakface this uh this recap by saying trigger alert.
Speaker 2: You went down and you went down fast and hard fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We I don't know, Amy, did you read any comments from last week or how are people with well?
Speaker 2: I think are better. I think better. I didn't see anything super negative so about Yeah, some people felt like we were taking it a little bit joke joking, but it isn't a joke, which we agree. It isn't a joke. It's just a little of how nine o two one of sometimes does things is not a little Sophie is a great, great way to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and just so fast. So we were kind of you know how we do on this podcast. We make fun of things that we did thirty years ago, and so it's easy for me to make fun of it. But then I have to remember that there are people out there really struggling with addiction or love someone who is and I don't I don't ever want to make light of it. But it's just in the context of this show and this character, and that's kind of what we're sticking with.
Speaker 2: I sort of remember it feeling more realistic. I didn't know, so I was like, oh ah, that's what happens it.
Speaker 1: Gets now, guys, this is I did it. Last week Kelly jumped the shark. I stand by it.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you come back.
Speaker 1: She does something no one she would not do.
Speaker 3: No one is going to believe that did She did cocaine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she gets addicted to it, like in five minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe it's real. Like you, it's in your genes. You stepped into it and you go down hard and you got this drug addict boyfriend. This episode is like, we got to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, We're going to talk all about this episode right after this.
Speaker 2: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Listen on the iHeartRadio app. Okay. Season six, episode eighteen, Snowbound aired January seventeen, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: Synopsis Stephen Clare have a need for speed that lands them in the Last Lap traffic school. Meanwhile, the friend group is concerned after Kelly and Colin go on a drug induced shopping spree. Joe tells Donna don't worry when it comes to his heart, but Susan and Brandon contemplate publishing a football tell all.
Speaker 1: Directed by chipchall is written by John well Blee.
Speaker 2: Whoa I don't never heard any of those names before. Nope, okay, I didn't really mention in the synopsis, but we find out Susan's dark secret too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so that's the connective tissue between her and her ex boyfriend, that trauma in her life where.
Speaker 2: That's what I remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow yeah. Yeah. Well, well I feel like I'm there's so much to talk about. I feel like we should just start at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just because there's so much.
Speaker 1: We start at the beach house. Donna is frantically looking for her keys because she's late to meet her dad for lunch. Claire tells Donna that she is worried about Kelly because she won't even answer her calls. And Claire thinks Colin is still doing drugs and he's dragging Kelly down with him.
Speaker 2: Donna, real quick, sorry just saying or it doesn't even I mean, Donna doesn't even miss that bird.
Speaker 1: Where'd the bird go? They gave him to like a pet place?
Speaker 3: Fitness of that bird. Claire looks really great in that motorcycle jacket though, shout out to that jacket.
Speaker 2: And her hair is like as you guys are going shorter, she's going longer.
Speaker 3: She can get the memo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so sorry I derailed us with the bird thing. But okay, let's break it all down.
Speaker 1: They're missing there. They noticed that Kelly's been gone for two weeks, and it's so weird that Donna says, I haven't even talked to her for like two weeks, and that's just come on, that's not their best friends. So that doesn't track.
Speaker 2: But again in the roommates, like, if you didn't see your roommate for that long, you would definitely be like, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: We see we see why though. Kelly and conn are in bed with lines of coke on the nightstand and Kelly clowns, oh my god, just like drug sex frenzy over there, but its apartment.
Speaker 2: Did Claire kind of call it out though, doesn't she say? Something's not right? Yeah, Donna's worried about killing Donna's.
Speaker 3: Donna's like, she's fine. I'm seeing her in two weeks, so she's fine.
Speaker 2: So I think Donna even says she would never do that, and we get yeah, wrong, Donna.
Speaker 1: Donna and everybody else in the episode, all the characters except valvl knows what's up with the gifts.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so we get right into it like here we are boom, she's into drugs.
Speaker 1: Bam, boom bam.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We see Susane and Brandon running and I'm guessing that they're supposed to be running in Beverly Hills, but uh, that is not what Beverly Hills looks like. You guys, where is that? That's alta Dinna for sure.
Speaker 2: Brandon is wearing so many bracelets to run in. Yeah, over chunky heavy bracelet. I mean what, I can't even run with a one ring on. I'm like, that's.
Speaker 1: Because he was running for like two seconds intervals during action and cut. But yeah, I did. I think that you would probably take off all your jewels to go on a chalk.
Speaker 2: Oh. They really were going for it, and that's.
Speaker 1: When we see Susan have her flashback.
Speaker 2: It all happen that fast? Well, oh, because they stumble into a car accident where a car accident hit a person and I'm sorry they put a sheet over that person.
Speaker 1: That means they're it did yes, Like that was like.
Speaker 2: A bit aggressive. It's like what they just showed us a dead body?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would upset anyone, but it really upsets his and because it sent her back to that memory. Of her sister dying from the exact same thing, and it.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know she had a sister.
Speaker 1: Nobody did.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the sister at Stanford. She was like going to be a doctor or something, and Susan really living in her shadow. We get a lot of background on Susan and.
Speaker 1: Very very short period time in one minute, then we have the entire run.
Speaker 3: Daring to her like tear white. They were like on points she did.
Speaker 2: I'm not invested in her, which is so interesting, Like you were before, I've always been kind of I don't care about Susan. Yeah, but you liked her, It's not I don't think so. Suzanne Keith Susan Susan keys and keats.
Speaker 1: That does not sound right, you guys, What is happening? Hold on Susan? Is her name?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe you. I'm gonna go back.
Speaker 3: Real name is Field.
Speaker 2: But what do you mean that?
Speaker 1: Am mccau feel Susan?
Speaker 2: Her name is Susan? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I really needed She doesn't look like a Susan, right, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Her name is Susan. And I'm not invested in here, and clearly neither are you.
Speaker 1: There, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I feel like you both were like, oh, she's so frisky. I checked her for Brandon frisky energy.
Speaker 1: Sure, but you were always not on board with Susan Keats who me no Amy.
Speaker 2: Because I I know she existed, but I don't really remember her. I remember Joe, I remember Ray, I even remember dumb calling.
Speaker 3: But Susan your boys girlfriends, I don't know. Like it's just you mix her up with that who later? Who was later?
Speaker 2: When she comes next season, which I sort of think she's cute, the one that comes next season?
Speaker 1: Who's coming next season?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna run.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you you don't remember.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember her name, but I don't remember you?
Speaker 1: Are you guys? I won't remember you told me?
Speaker 2: So here's my thing. We learned this dramatic thing about Susan, and keep me honest, you guys, tell me if I'm wrong. I was like, oh, that's sad, that's really sad, but like I didn't care. Like last week we were crying. I was crying in the episode over Kelly and her dad and the whole thing. But this one, I'm like, but you haven't.
Speaker 1: I haven't had the audience get invested in her character that much, So it makes sense that you wouldn't care about her as much as you would one of the main characters like Kelly. So it tracks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, Let's go to the peach pit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Claire pulls up in her brand new car that her dad got her for making the Dean's list again? Did a Miata? What is it?
Speaker 2: It's red red?
Speaker 1: I couldn't really tell.
Speaker 2: Oh, really, Masada.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's something challenging to Steve's Ferra Corvette. No, he's.
Speaker 2: Not the right. I don't feel she needed a cool car like David Silver or like a Volvo like a Oh didn't she used to have a Folo Yeah, that's what I had.
Speaker 1: That's what she had when we went to the convent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was her dad's car. I think she borrowed.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, anyway, she I For a split second, I was like, hmmm, suspicious that she makes the Deans less every time, and her dad's the Dean. I started to like get a little, but not that I don't think she's intelligent and can do it, of course, but I never thought of that. You're right, though, it pricked my years.
Speaker 3: Is that an nepotism? Now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: That's more than nepotism, Dean deanslessism, genius.
Speaker 2: So obviously it makes sense she's on the Dean's Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Steve doesn't like her. Cary calls it the Barbie Mobile.
Speaker 3: It's really insulting.
Speaker 2: I just really, they're going to go onto the mean streets of Beverly Hills, and it's really triggered by it.
Speaker 3: I'm really triggered by his shirt.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was triggered by her saying Barbie wouldn't be on the Dean's list. Rude and not something I do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we learned a lot about Barbie years later. Girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 2: Robby would beg to differ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the women in the world would beg to differ.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Uh So they challenge each other other to a race, and then, of course they get pulled over instantly. Where where are they racing down Santa Monica Boulevard?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't tell. I don't know. One of them could have gotten away though, right, I mean something like that ever happens, one should just take off.
Speaker 2: Claire pulled over to be supportive.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I thought he pulled them both over.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought he only pulled over Steve and Clare. Oh but maybe Claire got a ticket too. You're right, but how do you pull over two cars?
Speaker 1: They didn't really seem to be bothered much by getting a moving back, right, No, I would have been freaking out bummed and yeah, like trying to get out of it. He did try to get.
Speaker 3: Out of it, but it was not like any Communican.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like.
Speaker 2: Which was winning. It's just like, are you guys idiots?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I guess that's what the cops in Beverly Hills are like. I don't know. Did not work for me. We go to Colin studio where calling and tells Kelly that they should go on a shopping spree in a lemo. Kelly says, good idea, because neither of them are designated driver materials. So clarifying, bringing it real clear that there hot.
Speaker 2: He's just been born and raised in a limo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, this is when Valerie comes and knocking on the door. Yeah, with goodness.
Speaker 2: Some art nonsense.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he's getting I was focused on her bubblegum lipstick that I did not like.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not a fan. It was too light pink.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, it was too frosty pink.
Speaker 1: I didn't I did notice the makeup was heavier on her in this episode. You're right, So, I mean that was the That's was what we were doing.
Speaker 2: Could you all get on your makeup? Did you get like a makeup artist you liked, and did you get input on it or not?
Speaker 3: Take that down? Can help?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Well I said, hold on. Did you all get to like have a say in your makeup?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: And did you get to pick your makeup artist or it was like the hiring person.
Speaker 1: I think we just kind of the makeup department assigned who the artists whoever they wanted to have them doing, So we kind of just got sat in the chair of the person that wanted us, and then we start to establish a relationship with them and they kind of became your specific yeah artists, So you got really close with with all of them, but more specifically the one that's in your face all day long.
Speaker 3: That was interesting because back then, straight older men typically were the makeup artists, not yours gen but like mine and Tiffany's. And yeah, it's not that way anymore.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. That's true. There aren't a lot of straight men in my experience in the last.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny? Does are saying this? I saw was sorry, my voice started to get so scraggly there menopause. I don't know. Anyway, I saw this TikTok or like an Instagram with Share and Carol Burnett and they talked about their makeup. Man, it really seems like it used to be a man.
Speaker 3: Yes. Wow, it was like a men's world and they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they talked about them. Everybody in the entertainment like on the crew side was a man. It sounded like in the Carol Burnett Share days. Oh yeah, they were like the this man, this man, this man, this man that this man. And I'm like, whoa a lot of men?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a lot of women on our set, which was really cool for being in the nineties like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Valerie can tell that Kelly and Colin are doing drugs together, but Kelly says that she doesn't care what Valerie thinks.
Speaker 2: So don't you have sort of a fake moment there where she sees the dollars and you're like, oh, Colin, I told you like you do it.
Speaker 3: From the holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good at lying. I I'm kind of enjoying that part.
Speaker 3: Do you notice when Valerie it happens multiple times in this episode she slams the door. The door sounds like, it's like it's not a real door. You could tell it the set the sounds.
Speaker 1: I didn't notice.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and it happens again. I think when Brandon comes to see Joe and shuts the door, like, it's just like they're flimsy.
Speaker 1: They probably could have improved the door shutting.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I loved Kelly's reaction after Valerie left. Oh when'd you say? You're like when you said bye to her?
Speaker 1: I remember, Oh, it.
Speaker 3: Was so good.
Speaker 1: It was like improviseed was just okay, oh thanks for coming or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it was just really good.
Speaker 2: When you talked about the sound, it makes me think quickly of when Susan, Susan Keats and Brandon are running. It was kind of blatant looping because obviously you're not gonna be able to hear them we're running, right, isn't that what that's called looping?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They their whole scene looped.
Speaker 2: It It feels like that when they're running. Yeah, I sort of noticed it. I was like, oh, they're not talking right now, sort of look like this. I'm moving my lips.
Speaker 1: Cuz I didn't even notice. I was so obsessed. They're running the neighborhood not being right. Yeah, okay, so peach bit. Donna is with her dad and asks about Joe's diagnosis, and she doesn't understand how two cardiologists could have such different opinions, which is valid and doctor mart and it says that Joe should get a third opinion. And that's where Donna tells Brandon about the situation and that she's worried because of what the team doctor said.
Speaker 3: Brandon looks hot there, he does like when she leaves, they just like zoom in on him. He just looks.
Speaker 1: He looks good right now.
Speaker 3: Smoldering is the look in his eyes. Yeah, he looks great.
Speaker 1: A good season for JPS California University. Steve is complaining to David about his speeding ticket because he won't be able to afford his insurance rates. Like he pays his insurance.
Speaker 2: Right, He's so rich. It's like he's not gonna Plus, I think he can obviously go to traffic school.
Speaker 1: That's what David. Yeah, and they go to traffic school. It was interesting. There's one called traffic for Armenians.
Speaker 2: And missed all the traffic schools, Like I didn't miss it. I heard them saying it. But then it was kind of going fast and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, she was like reading off the different there's cooking traffic school for traffic school.
Speaker 2: I would have picked that one, yeah, se because the laugh a minute traffic school was not funny at all.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, not funny. I kind of remember those two. Yeah, I don't remember. I think I went to traffic school once. Have you gone?
Speaker 2: I've gone. Now you can do it online, so it's a whole better deal. But I definitely went. And it was like kind of miserable. And yeah, someone I knew was in my traffic school. You always like bump into people.
Speaker 1: Did you go to her?
Speaker 3: I did one time, one time, the one and all the time.
Speaker 2: In person. Traffic school even exists anymore.
Speaker 1: No thing, So, oh my god, that's so crazy how things just like disappear.
Speaker 2: I think about that all the time. This is such a sidebar. But we have bridge up here, like and until March thirteenth, there were toll collectors at the bridges, and literally they're gone, and that job just doesn't exist anymore. And every bridge is like automated now.
Speaker 1: I think about all the bridges in our country too, because you go to the East coast and you're toll bridge after a toll bridge, and.
Speaker 2: There's no toll collectors anymore, no toll collectors.
Speaker 1: Very it's so weird, gosh.
Speaker 2: And also those things are very narrow, and now that there's no toll collectors, people go real fast through those things and it wigs me out sidebar. I'm talking about speeding. It's very narrow.
Speaker 1: Let's see, we go inside the Lemo. That's where Kelly says she was basically born inside a lemo. Must that I can't relate to that. But did you put to did you come home from the house really? Did I love that?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm so try to think about that. You drove around in limos, I would be so carsick.
Speaker 1: You get used to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I do not like a limo, but you do, Jenny Kelly, because you were about to bomb Chicken Baumbaum in the back of that thing and then gave me the waggies.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, who momo is that? And who's going to be in it next?
Speaker 2: I think it's a rental the porn driver.
Speaker 1: I guess we start to we learn a little something about Colin's backstory and why he is the way he is, but it's too late. Nobody cares. No, he talks about way too late. Yeah, that's not going to help anything. Old Colon, Yeah, he sounds like he had a rough go though, you just call him Colon. I did. Back at Cossa, well, Kelly and Colin come in bearing gifts for David and Valerie and Claire and Steven is calling. Yeah, Kelly and Colon arrive and after Kelly leaves, Valerie tries to convince the others that she is doing drugs with Colon. When they don't believe her, she says these are guilt gifts. Kelly's getting high.
Speaker 2: Also, she spent a lot of dough. How much is a mont Bloc pen?
Speaker 1: An Internet in a box? Did you catch that? What is that? Even?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Amy? I can't hear an og router? I think it was like an og router.
Speaker 1: She got at a router.
Speaker 2: Internet in a box. I gotta look that.
Speaker 1: Well, she's on a penn. I kind of enjoyed her gifts because they're very thoughtful and sensible, like the Internet in a Box. People needed these things. That's why what does she get?
Speaker 2: Val I can't remember the pen, the Internet in a Box.
Speaker 1: A mirror. I think it was a mirror, wasn't classic?
Speaker 2: Kind of like what's that woman from snow Whites mirror? The mirror on the wall. Wikipedia says Internet in a Box is a low cost digital library consisting of wireless access point with storage. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know how that would work, but it's like the cloud before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hm hm, oh gosh.
Speaker 1: We go to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: We're called the restaurant scene was cringe, cringe.
Speaker 1: Colon and Kelly ordered very expensive food, but they don't even eat it because.
Speaker 2: They're zachcause they're so on coke y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so like on and and then what did they're? Up and down, up and down up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why did they even order it? Why did they even go there? She wasted black truffles, just scooted them off her Rizota. I'm so mad. I want to those.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I probably do that too. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care for truffles. Look, that's smell.
Speaker 1: They're so strong.
Speaker 2: His steak looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: His lamb chops with pant was that lamb.
Speaker 2: Chops used to have lambshops?
Speaker 1: Colin asked for more coke, but Kelly says she finished.
Speaker 2: It all, so they have to go to the some glot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they behind it to the news stand.
Speaker 3: Wait, he just threw down money. He didn't even get the check if was it enough?
Speaker 1: And where's he getting all this money? Is it from you from the desk?
Speaker 3: Speak? He hasn't money?
Speaker 2: You know where? It looked like he went for the drugs though the Brentwood newsstand, whole Food's parking lot, like it really looked.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the news stand on Van Ey's.
Speaker 2: It totally looked like one of those newsstands that are all shutting down now, but there's a couple left.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was the one just south of Van Eyce.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, yes, yeah, Then he went in the dark alley. I thought for sure that guy was going to be a cop.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to get busted. I sort to hope for it.
Speaker 1: M yeah, then that would put a nice end to this storyline.
Speaker 2: It's a miserable storyline. Yeah, he got fake coke.
Speaker 1: Oh Man Brandon by Joe's dorm room to show concern for his heart situation. And that's when Joe says, please don't do a story about me. And he also tells them about how when he was younger, he was told that he wouldn't walk again.
Speaker 3: Scarcely real. Remember were those real?
Speaker 1: They looked real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they write that in because he had scars. He was good fu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good Joe. Yeah. Yeah, Wait, un till he runs up and down the stadium steps five thousand times.
Speaker 1: And never huffs a puff. We'll get to that. So yeah, Kelly, oh wait, Valerie and David are in bed and he's trying to get frisky and she's not having it because she's good because she's so pissed about everybody being blind to Kelly's drug use that she only wants Kelly to be exposed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like her life mission, just to knock her off her pedestal, I guess. And uh, that's when they have their weird bench and it's just so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I can't watch it.
Speaker 2: Was this where the doing wait is this the fake coke? Yeah? And then they get some coke or something.
Speaker 1: Then they calls his friend Paul and offers him the double.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was very Kelly's money, wasn't it kind of cheap though, I felt like he was like sixty dollars or something.
Speaker 1: Remember, I was like, no, he paid sixty dollars for the fake stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that felt how much shake costs.
Speaker 1: I didn't how cocaine costs, no idea.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. We're so cheap.
Speaker 1: We're all just so pure and boring stick cocaine in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Like, what's happening? And then I know we're not there. But then he gives her the weird pills, the downers. I just don't Yeah, he lets her drive home.
Speaker 3: What why would she take those? And then she's like I'm gonna go. I'm like, now, oh god, I was getty concerned.
Speaker 2: Also, yes, sly bad, really bad. It's just bad.
Speaker 1: So Brandon tells Susan about Joe's heart, and Susan says they need to do a story about it. I fast forward what I did too.
Speaker 2: Sorry, true, but I don't know she's a journalist.
Speaker 1: First I guess, yeah, pretty hardcore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we get to see the last laught traffic school and Stephen Clara there and they bicker in front of their comedian traffic school.
Speaker 2: Instructor semi famously recognizable guy behind them who looked you know that guy. You're like, Oh, there's that guy.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's definitely that guy. The guy behind them was so recognizable. I'm like, yeah, he's that guy. He's a that guy Benovich.
Speaker 3: You know that name because.
Speaker 2: He's that guy, you guys, He's in so many things, that guy. Okay, I like when we go to KTTV in a second, which fun fact for everybody watching along is the Fox station in Los Angeles located in Santa Monica that looked like the right building and that is where nine O two one oh aired. So in LA that was your affiliate KTTV Channel eleven, is it channel? Yeah? So that was one of your big affiliates, and that's where they shot this fake talk show. Interesting, Thank you, tidbit.
Speaker 1: Sure, thank you. Help really enjoyed it. What else do you guys want to know?
Speaker 2: Traffic storyline was dull. Did they break up or do they stay together?
Speaker 3: I actually find them entertaining and I didn't want to watch the storyline.
Speaker 2: Because nobody wants to go to traffic school. Why would we want to watch traffic school? And they even bring up Red Asphalt, which was like the big movie you had to watch a traffic school where people die.
Speaker 1: It's such a good point. Amy nobody even wants to go to traffic school, Why the hell would we want to watch it?
Speaker 2: And we watched a lot of traffic School, Like we really let that woman do a lot.
Speaker 3: I was like, for the c storyline, let's do traffic school, like imagine, and everyone's like, yes, the writer's rooms. What see that on this show?
Speaker 1: Really stretching. We see that Kelly hasn't slept in days. Brandon calls and he's worried about her, and.
Speaker 2: I say, great rouse Brandon calling to thank for the pen. I was like, Hellever's Brandon, Yeah he is art.
Speaker 1: So when they're at traffic school though, so interestingly enough, they get scouted at traffic School and invited to be on a show called back Talk.
Speaker 2: Everybody does that in television. Suddenly you meet a person and there you put them on television that night. Yeah that does o't Hey, well I guess canceled. So you know what I'm gonna do? Find two people at traffic school and put them on television.
Speaker 1: What what a producer?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: So back at to you. There's just growing concern over Joe's health and Susan is talking to Donna, and Donna's worried that they're going to write a story about it.
Speaker 2: And Susan was being snaky. She was, yeah, she's a.
Speaker 1: Joe begs Donna to not ruin his entire career and don't you know, don't encourage them to write this story because it's true. If he if they wrote about him, yeah, having a heart condition, he wouldn't ever be able to play again. I sad stuff. Yeah, oh this is fun scene Colin stop in Colin studio. David stops by to check on Kelly, and David tells Colin he can tell their j and then he threatens Colin if he keeps giving drugs to Kelly, he's gonna put his fist in his face or something. I don't know how he said it, but I was like, go, David.
Speaker 3: Blow up his nose. Will be the only thing going after your nose.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's gonna put his fist up his nose. But I loved Okay, So Colin is how how tall is Colin? Not not? I mean maybe I'm maybe five eight okay?
Speaker 3: And Brian is what six two six three? Like, he's no six, maybe six foot.
Speaker 2: Five eight?
Speaker 3: Good call, Jenny, I google it when I was not six feet he's taller. Now that's tall.
Speaker 1: It is Brian Austin Green.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. I'm doing it. Just give me a second. Nobody beat me to it?
Speaker 3: Or was he just the tallest on the cast so he just seemed really tall?
Speaker 2: Six feet six feet?
Speaker 1: My god, I have a genius when it comes to you really can guess on a game show called how Tell?
Speaker 2: Am I? How tell you?
Speaker 1: You are five six.
Speaker 2: A half and maybe a seven? But what are you? What's toy?
Speaker 1: Okay? Tours five four oh to four and a half five five five? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you guys got that much smaller than me. You're only like an inch taller, tiny air?
Speaker 3: So what am I? I am slightly bit taller than you're taller? I'm five. You always see that. I'm like, I never remember that.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that either.
Speaker 3: I know I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you're right. I'm not shrinking quite yet. Is anyone shrinking? I'm not shrinking yet not yet have a slew of MetOp issues, but shrinking ate one of them.
Speaker 3: Not that, but okay, so Jason Wilds is five it so he's like five. Okay, so any guy that said uh and Brian the six Seeds, but in this scene, somehow they looked almost the same. Hike. David Afterwards is doing that thing where he's like eyeing him, like saying like, I'm taller than you, and he's looking looking.
Speaker 1: Up at that hairdoo. I loved it. It was so like so good, threatening like guy like yeah, and you know Colin. You know, Colon was on an apple box. You know, they built him up so that they.
Speaker 2: Got to ask you. I was gonna ask that.
Speaker 3: There's no way, but they should have left him off the apple box. So it looked more to be its point, like taller than you, bro.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't clock that it was because he was taller. I thought it was a hair hairdoo. Oh, god got it.
Speaker 3: I thought he's making fun of his.
Speaker 2: Right funny.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see them get into it. Back at the Condor Nest, Brandon ketches Susan doing the story about Joe wors and he wants her to drop it because Joe's health issues are none of her business, so why did he tell her in the first place?
Speaker 2: Our friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then Colin comes over to yell at Valerie to leave him and Kelly alone, and he really gets angry at her, but she grabs his hands. She's so brave, she says, I'm the only one that cares about you.
Speaker 3: I forgot to comment on his artwork. He was doing the difficult was it like macaroons? And then like a space like spiral like yeah, black hole, black hole macaroons. I don't know macaroons.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the macaroons, but I was like, paint that not good, buddy.
Speaker 3: It was horrifying.
Speaker 1: But you know what they say, art is objective, somebody will buy it. And we see the two kids there on the TV talk show and uh, all of a sudden they make up.
Speaker 2: We don't and then they do, and I, I don't care about this.
Speaker 1: I can start it too.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't fast forward though, that seems like it was more exciting and fast forward. I have to be honest, because.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. You guys are going to get in trouble for fast forward.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Fans are gonna rip. I never I just want everyone to know I never have fast forwarded it. Ever. I don't even skip the credits.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's because it's true.
Speaker 2: Wow, thank you.
Speaker 1: And you're a busy lady. I am a busy lady. We are both busy ladies. And I forgot to watch the show last night, so I had to watch the show right before we start this podcast, and I had to fast forward some things in order to be done in time.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I had no reason, I had no time constraint. I just fast forwarded. You were just I was just bored.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I don't want I don't want to be a bragger, but I love the difference between us. I watch it on like Thursday or Friday nights, like as part of my enjoyment. I'm like, oh, okay, like it's my Friday night. It's you know, ten o'clock now, and this is what I'm gonna watch and I'm gonna love every second of it. And I usually have like a cup of tea and maybe a little mini cupcake.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love you wow.
Speaker 2: Like a whole I'm not mad about it at all. I'm like, here we go.
Speaker 1: When do you watch it tour?
Speaker 3: Oh? Always either the night before the morning of. Oh, I'll forget if I do it.
Speaker 1: You'll forget what happened. Really me too, Yeah, I usually watch it the night before. Anyway, I say, I'm just a bigger fan. You are a better fan. A bigger fan, are the best?
Speaker 3: That's fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we go to the beach house and Donna tries to tell Kelly about what's going on with Joe, but Kelly is too tired and just totally blows her off.
Speaker 2: Which now she's on her downers and she's coming down.
Speaker 1: So not Kelly not ready to give advice. And then we go to the football field where we see Joe running up and down the stairs.
Speaker 2: Running and running and running and running up and down.
Speaker 1: Is just sitting there watching him, which was weird, like a weirdo. And then Susan brings the story but she rips it up.
Speaker 2: Also waste of ink and paper.
Speaker 1: Right and time. And then Donna comes to apologize to Joe and they have a scene where he's not tired out at all from running up those stairs. I would have been dying and not able to even speak, but then his heart Yeah, he says that those will take her out to dinner, and then he starts.
Speaker 3: Seven. I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: He has a He starts to have a heart issue.
Speaker 2: How scary done? That was the end?
Speaker 3: I know, But didn't you think like he was gonna go like that and then they were going to run over to him, But no, they were gone.
Speaker 1: Everybody's gone. If he collapses up there on the top of those bleacher stairs, he's definitely falling down. This is going to be bad. Yeah, I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Really what do you get the Is that a cliffhanger kind of Yeah, that's dune dunk dumb.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need to roll into the next one. Did you did not? Because I am not a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater on how we do this? But part of this episode is great, part of it is dull.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed most of it. I mean, I think I might give it a seven.
Speaker 2: Probably more like an eight eight and a half eight eight. It's no eight and a half, it's in eight.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the seven.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully next week we'll be a little bit more exciting. I don't know though, because it's called Nancy's Choice and I don't know who the hell Nancy is? So is she a main character? And I've forgotten her name too?
Speaker 3: No? Is that a riff on like Sophie's Choice? Who's Nancy? Who is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're gonna find out next week though, next episode, season six, episode nineteen, Nancy's Choice.
Speaker 2: Whole podcast was Susan.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm sorry, you go that's not her name? And the name He's like, wait, no, it's not her name. How you can like spiral somebody? Sorry, guys, sorry, Like is this Jusanne? I'm like, oh, something wrong with me?
Speaker 2: What? Oh? Well that note.
Speaker 1: Have a great week, everybody,