Speaker 1: Normally at this time it's to catch a cheater, but because it's Christmas time, we're counting down the twelve first day follow ups of Christmas as voted on by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is number eleven.
Speaker 1: Joseph is on the phone today for a first day follow up and he's getting ghosted by Mia. So we're going to see if we can find out why he's getting ghosted and maybe get him another date if he still wants one. But first, Joseph Hollings, have been since you heard from Mia?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm getting kind of worried.
Speaker 4: You're getting worried. Is there a reason why you feel worried? Like about her or about her she's ghosting you?
Speaker 3: Well, most of are like her. She's ghosting me. It's it's been a little while. And it went so well. This was one of the best days I've ever had. It seems so promising. We actually we had we were sittled. We were set up for dinner in a movie and we were talking for so long at dinner that we ended up missing the movie.
Speaker 5: Like that was great, you know, yeah, you missed the whole movie.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we were able to get it, and it's just it's been we ended up missing the opening. Those just felt really good, you.
Speaker 4: Know, was talking to her, tell us more about it. What did you guys talk about?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: You know, do you feel like it was so great?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, I mean we went to a pizza place because, as she had said in the previous conversation how much she loved pizza. And I was like, oh great, this is kind of casual but also kind of like, uh, you know, sort of a dinner, so a little more than just like coffee. Was great. We end up talking about our careers, our families. We seem to be on the same wavelengths.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Actually we both mentioned that we wanted to check out a museum that we had been looking at and maybe we could do that sometime. And I was like, oh good, okay, so like second date right there, it's kind of built into it. I just felt really promising.
Speaker 1: Did anything happen on the date wherein an obvious sign?
Speaker 4: And why she's not on you.
Speaker 3: Beack, I've got I'm not gonna lie. I've got an idea of what might have happened. Uh see you will.
Speaker 6: We were uh while we.
Speaker 3: Were out, I saw my sister, and you know, my my my sister U is married and I go over to dinner with her and her family every once in a while so I can see my nieces and nephews. And we've recently talked about how I probably shouldn't talk about my love life, uh, you know around like the kids right now, you know, just until things get kind of settled, because that way, you know, it'd be kind of awkward for them. And when you know, I saw it out, I was like, oh no, this is kind of awkward, this is kind of weird. How do I act in this situation? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a little confusing.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you didn't you didn't talk to your sister?
Speaker 3: No? No, I just was like, oh God, what do I What do I do here? And I probably it probably kind of upset how I I spoke to to me as well?
Speaker 2: Did you tell me that it was your sister who was there, or that you knew each other or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No. I was afraid it was going to make things even more awkward. And it's like, oh God, if I just kind of play this off, let's not even like make a thing out.
Speaker 6: Of it because it's one of those the bigger the things of the more weird it gets.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I'm not sure I did a great job.
Speaker 4: Okay, it sounds like it was kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds awkward. All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 1: We'll play a song and then come back and call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, Okay, thanks, Next, Joseph is on the phone. He's been getting ghosted for like two weeks now and doesn't know why. So we're about to call the girl that.
Speaker 2: He went out with.
Speaker 1: Her name is Mia, and see if we can figure out why he's getting ghosted and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Joseph, why don't you refresh everybody's memory about your date with Mia.
Speaker 3: Sure. Me and I had a great time. We went to a pizza place, We talked about setting up a second date at a museum. We actually were talking for so long we almost missed the movie. I'm not sure why she hasn't gotten back to me after like a couple of weeks. I'm a little worried that it's because I was a little awkward when I saw my sister out, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll give her a call right now, ask her if she'll ask her why she goes to you, and see if she'll tell us and then maybe get you another day.
Speaker 2: You're ready, All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, speak to mea please? Hey Mia, how are you? My name is Jubell. I host a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 4: Hima, the show's here too. Are Nina?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: And I'm Victoria?
Speaker 5: Oh Hi, Hi today? Good? Okay, So what's shown.
Speaker 1: It's a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. We do a segment on our show called the First Day Followup. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, they get they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from Joseph.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely went out with a guy named Joseph.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Joseph said, you've been ghosting him for like two weeks now, and he wants to know why.
Speaker 2: He thought things went really well and he liked you a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, it actually did spurn off really well. We went and had pizza, and we had a lot of things coming. We were lapping. We were even planning on going to muse him for the next date. But then we mix the movies. He is clearly not over his ex because we saw his X there and he he was acting really weird. He showed no affection to me. It was very awkward. And then after the movies we rushed out of there. And so that is why, because he's not over his ex.
Speaker 4: How do you know that was his X? Did he say that?
Speaker 5: He didn't say that, but it was like he looked over at her. He was actually really strange. It just it felt like it was his ex. I mean, you kind of just don't that's his ex. You know. It was awkward because he like stopped touching me. He stopped, I mean he lost would it be you.
Speaker 2: Know, could it be like his sister or something?
Speaker 5: Well, why would his sister care if he was touching me?
Speaker 4: That is a very fair point. But sometimes what we think is happening isn't always happening.
Speaker 5: Possibly, I mean, what was not his sister.
Speaker 2: I don't know, let's ask him.
Speaker 1: Joseph is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, Hi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were actually really weird with that girl. It definitely felt like that was your ax. You had your hands on my lap and then when you saw her you took your hand off and it was just very distant.
Speaker 3: It was very awkward. Yeah, believe it or not, that actually is my sister. Yes, I was.
Speaker 6: We have an agreement that I don't, like, I don't talk about my ongoing like romantic relationships for a little while here. Uh, definitely not you know, around my niece and nephews, and it's kind of that couple are like, oh god, it's like not time.
Speaker 3: I don't really want to like introduce your family on a first date. It was I had.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I just hansled that. Well, yeah that was Why did he just say something or text me afterwards? I mean we rushed out of the movie beard what we just dressed it out and then like it just felt very awkward. I mean, if you kind of explain, which is kind of weird that you don't want to talk about your relationship. But I guess sometimes you don't. I mean, it was our first date. I got I guess I got that, like you don't want to, you know, introduce to the family. But that was really weird. He couldn't say hi to her or or even say anything to me.
Speaker 2: Did she say anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, yeah, no, I just kind of wanted to leave the situation.
Speaker 5: I was really thinking.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh good, I'll just kind of get out of here. I'll play it off cool. I very clearly did a terrible job of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah you did. I mean, yeah, it was. It was very comfortable, and then almost you saw her and there night and day you were affectionate, and then nothing.
Speaker 4: Joseph, you kind of turned into a red flag. I'm really sorry. You're so sweet, and I really wanted this to work out for you. But you can't just run away from a situation. That's im every time something's not cool for you.
Speaker 5: Can't just go, oh god, that's funny.
Speaker 2: That was for sure.
Speaker 4: I know sometime, I mean, on a first day meeting family, you just say it's your friend, but yeah, your sister's obviously not going to be But listen, if you're doing in front of kids, you're just like, hey, this is my friend Bob. You know, well you could have done that next time.
Speaker 1: The next time, next time, Well, how would you like to have another awkward situation happened with Joseph? Because I think there might be many things like like, yeah, would you like to go on another date with Joseph? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: How many siblings? How many times will this happen? Uh, it's knowing that it's his sister, I actually feel a lot better. It was a little weird. Just tell me next time. But yeah, I actually had a really good time at the pizza place, and I would like to see that zoomed still, So I would totally.
Speaker 4: Want to go out with you run into his girlfriend at the music Sorry, just kidding. The best