Speaker 1: Hey, fan Ritos, our hardworking team at iHeartRadio is taking a much deserved break this week. But before we do, we wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and happy holidays from all of us at how Rude Tanner Rito's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy holidays everyone.
Speaker 3: We hope you are enjoying some time with your family or some time alone if that's what you want.
Speaker 2: If that's what works for you. But maybe what are some of your favorite parts about the holiday season.
Speaker 3: Do you have any traditions or anything like that that you always do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I do, Yes, we have lots of traditions. I think it's the same traditions that probably all of you listening have as well. We do a special ornament to commemorate the year if we take a trip or whatever. This year it's a it's a hand painted ornament of the new house. So that's to commemorate that we moved into a new house this year. I love that we wear the Christmas jammys matching plaid Christmas jammis on Christmas Morning. The kids hate it, but I think they secretly like it. It doesn't matter. I make them do it.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: We watch It's a wonderful life. My mom used to make us watch this every Christmas Eve, but you know, I just make them watch it whenever everyone's all home because once the kids are getting to be teenagers, it's hard to find the time. And one of my favorite traditions that I didn't continue but I wish I did, was something my mom started when we were little kids. She would have me and my brothers. She would force us to write the Christmas story, so the story of the birth of baby Jesus in our own words, So before I could even write with a pencil, she would I would dictate to her and it would be very simple, like baby is born or what you know. It was like super simple, or you know, when I got to be a little bit older, it's like Jesus got a helicopter, a toy helicopter for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just it's great.
Speaker 1: And then when we turned eighteen, she put all of our stories in a binder, like she bound them together and gave that to us for Christmas on our eighteenth year. So I'm like, I wish I had continued that.
Speaker 2: That would have been really cute.
Speaker 1: I had intentions to continue it, and then life sort of.
Speaker 3: Gone the way, but My mom did little interviews like that with me when I was like eighteen months, two years, three years. So I have these old audio tapes of me answering questions.
Speaker 1: Audio tapes your little voice.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm like full on, yeah, it's funny, but yeah, I love those traditions. I have some similar ones. H Christmas pajamas. Actually just got the girl's pajamas yesterday. We don't do the matchy matchy ones though. I try and get us like something that kind of is reflective or just a little bit different, but like in the same family. And I got these amazing Oh my gosh. There's this company. I swear I don't work for them. It's called PJ Salvage that makes the softest pj's ever.
Speaker 2: So got those.
Speaker 3: My parents will come over. We kind of tend to do like a Christmas brunch sort of thing, like breakfast eve thing. Miscal's gonna cook some stuff and then what else.
Speaker 2: We used to go look at Christmas lights, but it's so.
Speaker 3: Hectic now, although I might drag the kids out this weekend. We'll see, but yeah, it's it's a Christmas Channey's.
Speaker 2: We got to watch mup at Christmas Carol.
Speaker 1: Yes yes, I'm gonna watch it this year. I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: Just for you. I need you have to watch it and tell me you're not moved. Just I'm telling you it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you.
Speaker 3: At Christmas Con this past weekend, they were like, what's your favorite Christmas movie? I said, it is The Mup at Christmas Carol, and I will fight anyone.
Speaker 2: Here for that.
Speaker 1: You will die on this hill for.
Speaker 3: Sure, and and be visited by the ghost of Christmas past. Okay, that is where I settle on it.
Speaker 1: But I love that.
Speaker 2: That's so great.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that you're looking forward to particular to like this Christmas or are you guys doing anything fun or just is it like lazy pajama day at home?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, well, well the way it works in my family, I don't know how it works in your family, but since we're a divorced family, a blended family, right, I get the kids for the morning so they which was great when they were little and believed, you know, the Christmas morning they could exactly their visit from Santa. So that was great. And now it's just you know, I have to wait for them to wake up. I think that's at like five am.
Speaker 3: And no, I'm like, I get my kids this year, even year, I get them Christmas even and Christmas morning and yeah, like my parents will probably be here at like seven am and the kids will roll out somewhere around ten.
Speaker 2: You know, right, it's so different. But honestly, it's so different. It's I'm okay, it's a little less stressful, that's true.
Speaker 1: You get to sleep in a little bit. Hey, faner Ritos, it's the announcement we've all been waiting for. How Rude Tannerritos now has merch whoa Baby. We have a limited selection of designs for this launch, all created by Jody and me from I Love that Amphibian to the World is small, but the house is full. Check it out at howarudemerch dot com.
Speaker 3: I do miss the frantic assembly nights, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm putting the toys together, forgetting the batteries that need to go in the certain toys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing I want to say that I'm most looking forward to is just getting to spend Christmas with Holly.
Speaker 2: Like, she's almost eighteen.
Speaker 1: And so for the last few years I have thought, okay, this is going to be her last Christmas. I thought that last year. We almost lost her this year. Yeah, And so I'm just really happy that she's still here because I adopted her eleven years ago, right before Christmas, right before my first Christmas alone because Jeremy had the kids, my ex husband had the kids that year. So I was so sad and so lonely, and so here came this poodle into my life, and she just saved me. She absolutely saved me. And so I think of that every Christmas. I'm so grateful that she's still here, and I'm really happy that whether it's the last year or not. So I'm so happy, so happy that she's here for another Christmas.
Speaker 3: So and remember to Rescue, you guys, adopt. Don't shop my babies at rescue too. And there's so many animals out there, particularly around the holidays. People do buy dogs as gifts and then they don't want them or something happens.
Speaker 2: So please adopt.
Speaker 3: If you can foster all of that good stuff, especially around the holidays, you know you will.
Speaker 1: Get more out of it than the dog, I guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing, amazing. Now, you know, speaking of kind of sensitive things, I know, you know, holidays can be kind of rough for some people. It's either you know, maybe you don't really talk to your family. Maybe that's a good thing, but you know, I mean I don't I don't know your family.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. But you know, sometimes you have.
Speaker 3: To spend it maybe with your chosen family, or you know, maybe maybe the day is spent kind of on your own doing whatever you want to do. You know, I've been reading a bunch of articles this year about how people are like, yeah, you know what, this year, my family and I just didn't We were like, just didn't do Christmas, like and I and they were like and actually it was one of the best Christmases that we've had because we just didn't feel pressured to have to do or be anything or anyone.
Speaker 2: So I just want to.
Speaker 3: You know, if if the holidays are a rough time for you, I absolutely understand that.
Speaker 2: And and you know, it's it's okay to make the day whatever you want, Like seriously, you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's no cookie cutter pattern, like just make it whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want, make it whatever you want, and and and just know that, like it's it's another day, and and and to this too, shall pass, especially if this is maybe the first holiday without a loved one. I know that that can be really rough. So from our little how rude fan of Rito's out there, from our our how rude hearts, we just we love you guys. Hey, Fana Ritos. I know you've all been waiting for this. It's out. We have merch I know how Rude merch dot com. You can go there. We've got several different designs that A. B. And I personally came up with worked on. We think you're gonna like them, and you know, if you don't, then don't buy one. But if you do, you can have any of the art you can put on a hoodie on a T shirt or hood of your T shirt. I think for now, but you know what, we might move into more things. We are so excited that we get to start here. We have a world of small The house is full T shirt, there's a there's a pink bun. There might even be an amphibian there might that we love and that.
Speaker 2: You too love.
Speaker 3: So if you need a turtle on a shirt, then you need to head to Howard merch dot com and.
Speaker 2: You can get all of the best Howard Merch for yourself.
Speaker 3: Maybe do you have any ways that you've been able to get through this? I know you know the last few years have been hard without your mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will be my fourth Christmas without my mom. No, my third Christmas without my mom. And the first year is always the hardest. That's what I'll say to anybody who's lost someone important to them. The first Christmas is the hardest. Not that it gets it gets. It's never easy, but it does get easier. And I found just sharing memories, like just talking about the keep them alive through your memories. I still buy my mom gifts, like even though I can't give them to her. Usually i'll buy her a plant. Like one year I got her the little the little heart plant. It's a colaboya carry plant and it's a heart, right, and usually they don't grow because it's just the leaf, so they don't grow. But this one had a node on it, and so I've had it for like almost three years now and it grew like so now it's like a vine with multiple hearts on it. I just thought that was so metaphoric.
Speaker 2: That is so for something I bought my mom that she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so buy them the gifts, still think of them and then keep it right for yourself. Yeah, and you'll think of them every time. Like every time I see that plant now, I'm just like, yeah, that's mom. You know, she's still growing. So yeah, it's I love that.
Speaker 3: And you know, I can't believe we're heading into a new year, twenty twenty five. Here we come, a boy, buckle up, I can't believe it. Do you have any New Year's resolutions anything? Do you do New Year's resolutions?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I stopped that a long time ago. I gave up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, too much stuff, disappointing myself with it. Yeah, I just I just try to, I don't know, just keep being kind, be a decent human, you know.
Speaker 2: Be nice. Yeah, and like, just do more.
Speaker 3: Of that in twenty twenty five, because I think we really need that. And step away from your social media.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, turn on.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, that's that's one.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely like this year, I'm gonna just be a lot less invested in social media. Kind of already started it. And yeah, yeah it's peaceful.
Speaker 1: It makes a difference. It really quiets the noise in your head, so.
Speaker 2: For sure, for sure. Now let's end with this favorite podcast moment of the year. I have to pick one, just one, just one.
Speaker 1: We had some epic I mean, we went to Vegas, which was amazing. Yeah, we went to We went glamping with some of our favorite friends. We did the pod swap, which you mentioned. Like that pod swap was so chaotic, so fun and so fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can pick one.
Speaker 1: And then all the wonderful guests that we've like, I just think about reconnecting with Adria, our studio teacher, for we haven't seen her in so many decades, and like, what a gift that is for us to be able to reconnect with people like that. So I can't pick one? Can you?
Speaker 2: Do you have one? I know, you know it was it was hard for me to pick one.
Speaker 3: But what I did was I just went what was the Okay, what was the first one that came to mind, because obviously that's the one that's like forefront, and it.
Speaker 2: Was it was the road trip to Vegas. Yes, that was so much fun. It's so great.
Speaker 3: I've had such a good time with you. We too, we introduced you to Cracker Barrel and my god, that was my first primar to remember. I have cracker barrel ornaments on my tree.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Of course you do, of course you do. Yeah, but I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it because I love them anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's guts engraving.
Speaker 1: And delicious for many of the adventures with you, and how many more.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I can't wait. Well, Happy holidays, Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: We love you, fan Rito's, and and we will see you next time and next year.
Speaker 1: Yes, amazing. Happy holidays everyone, Bye,