Speaker 1: Scaled cod, rub and rub scam, come rob and froll gob goddess. What's up, congregation, we are back with another installment of Scam Goddess. It's your girl. Lacey Mosley aka scam Goddess. I named the show after me with a very obvious alias. Hi, guys, I'm so excited. I met this girl in the bathroom. This is good. I met her in the bathroom and I loved her so much. Guys. I mean, she's Forbes thirty under thirty, Comedy Central digital writer for Sunnyside. Also just the youngest, coolest hippos. Like I am sucking her energy out like I am a witch from hocus Pocus right now, I'm so into it, guys, I have I won't kill her. I will suck to the point of so, but then I'll stop. We have I out a Deboie. I did it perfect, Thank you perfect. I hate people's name I know it's hard. It's a big pet people of mine. I don't ask you four times because you can only ask in the beginning. It's true, because like when you meet somebody, you gotta be like, what's your name? Okay, what'sh your name? A game? I will say.
Speaker 2: There are people, there are comics that we know who I like, and who I know like me back because they hang out with me and are friendly with me and they call me Ao. And it's to the point of it's too late, you know, like we've hung out like a few times, and I tried to make the initial adjustments. I tried to remind but I think they just have an opinion set and.
Speaker 1: So I have an opinion. They've got an opinion.
Speaker 2: They have something that they want to say about my name, and I'm gonna let them say it.
Speaker 1: I think wild take. It's never too late to correct someone on your name. Don't let it. I know you can let it. Months go by, but it's fun. It's been. It's okay, reaching a year. Almost everyone feels better when you're like, hey, this is my name, because then you're they're gonna find out at some point. They're either gonna see it on TV where they're going to see another friend go up to you and be like, oh yeah, what's up, and they're gonna be like, who is I'm telling it? It's been.
Speaker 2: There's been a situation. I some people will be like oh Io. Any other person will be like, yes, Ao, like everybody thinks they're right.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Oh so that Yeah, it's a marriage story. It's a marriage story, but it's about my name. Oh god, marriage story. Adam Driver's character was wrong. That was very obvious. Yeah, but it's from the perspective of a guy. So no, so it's complicated. Yeah, which I was like, no, he asked so like he even said it that he will ask why are watching this? Yes, the marriage story was strange. I'm sorry, y'all. That story has been told a billion times. There's a white man who thought he was more interested than what he was and was sucking the life out of his wife. Why men get married and then they resent their wise? They get married so fast and there like marriage the old ball and chain, Right, it's like, you got ball, you made the chain. What are you talking about? You bought the chain? My god? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like is my my hot film take is that? I think Bombback said everything he had to say about divorce when he made squid on a whale, and anyone who cares.
Speaker 1: About that can come back. I mean, squint in the whale goes off. Okay, tweeted us about squid on the Whale. I don't know what it is, is that it is a squid on the whales? That what you said, the squid end of the way, the squid and the whale or squid on the wave on the whale. I want to see that. Make that That sounds like a porn, like an amateur porn. Yeah. Yeah, what's your relationship with scams? I appreciate a good scam. I appreciate the right place.
Speaker 2: I like, I like to look at it. Today, I was actually thinking about one of my favorite scams of all time because Jlo is hosting or is performing.
Speaker 1: At the super Bowl halftime. She is, which is a scam in itself, and her whole career is one long scam. Oh the longest con Jaylo can't sing? And did you know that Jlo does know that she can can't sing? Well, that's the thing that is. She did an interview and then she was like, I never knew that people didn't think I could sing. I thought I could sing.
Speaker 2: Like she thought that she was on she thinks she's on multiple tracks, but it's not her, like it will literally be a shanty or Christina Milian or like another girl who sounds like her.
Speaker 1: Like it's other people and the royalties. Yes, I love it. That's a scam, not a shanty. No, it's I'm rewriting history. So so she thinks she's on these tracks, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I think she like or she thinks that she's still good even though like she's.
Speaker 1: Not singing for most of these songs.
Speaker 2: Like and I was reading up because I was just I just I was fascinated. I became fascinated for myself and a lot of the like uh like write ups of the.
Speaker 1: Song will be like Jayla didn't have time to make it to the studio. Like Jaylah was busy. It's like doing what not singing? Obviously, where was she? I love having your name on a track but then being too busy to actually sing on it. That is fantastic. It's the kind of stuff that I aspire to. Yeah, it's it's wild, but still making money. That's what I want. Well, just a little safe and I love that. Also, she's Jenny. She uses Jenny in the block, she uses human growth. She does when she works out. That's why her body's so good. He really, Yeah, she gets shot. I'm doing it. I'm doing Yeah, I want that. J Lob sweet sweet bot. So I'm gonna project myself with human growth sore. Scary. Oh, it's not. It's so she's fiy I just got her che.
Speaker 2: Is that healthy to inject yourself with human growth hormone hormo?
Speaker 1: Everything? Now? And then? Look, it's just like and alcohol. Everything's bad for you. You got to do it in moderation. Got do your human growth hormone and moderation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I get my blood transfusions from young queer black men, I med buck, I that in moderation.
Speaker 1: I'm ed Buck edbuc finally is going to jail. He is a scammer that we can't talk about. That's not a scam that's he's not If you don't know who ed Buck is, looking up. He was a donor to the Democratic Party, but only because the Republican Party kicked him out because of hopophobiabia. Yeah, he really liked tobos. Yeah, but he Yeah, he was out here killing black man. He has so many black men die his house. It's not cool to have that many people die in your house. And then the cops are just like another one. I guess this is fine? Like why that?
Speaker 2: Also, there was like a network of people who were like, Hey, ed Buck's probably gonna ask you to go to his house.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, you might die, like not ideal. Well, you start getting p s a sol people don't come to your dinner parties. You do something wrong with your house. But let's get to the first segment, that is what's hot and fraud. So this is where we just like warn our listeners what's hot in fraud. Sometimes we get like a fun listener letter and we just say that and and today it's a fun listen to a letter from Scamala Anderson. Oh wow, good for her. Yeah, she coined that name herself and wrote it in the commons. It's great, Hey Scamala, Scamdala Bassett. Oh, Scamdala Bassi's good. Don't want to light somebody's carl fire with a cigarette on. Oh so it's the least you deserve it. Yes, so, Scamla says, girl, I love the show. Okay, thank you, Scambala. I'm gonna skip the other compliments, but thank you, she says. So. Anyway, my retired scam consisted of buying an item, usually big ticket, at a big box store. Then I go back into the store the next day with the receipt, get the same item off the shelf, and then go get your money back. Technology killed the scam. She said, whoa, yeah, the serial numbers. Yeah, because before cereal numbers, you probably could just roll up in that bitch and be like, yeah about this same washer and dryer yesterday, roll it to the front, give them the receipt, they pay you for your drive.
Speaker 2: Wait also, wait, hold on when was this happening? She doesn't put a year, but it had to have been a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like where are you? And that's kind of also I'm like where are you? Because I feel like some places, like if they're more like small town or yeah.
Speaker 1: Rule, they'd be like, oh, scam, all, good to see you. Dang, your washer's really messing up. You gotta check a pistol. Don't worry about it. Yeah, just roll it in. So it reminds me of Good Girls where they go to the big box. Have you seen I Love Good Girls? Scammers It's coming back in February. Watch it. Okay, it's so good. It's basically Mad Money, the plot of the movie Mad Money. But then like they make it a TV show that's good. Yeah with the white woman from Mad Men. Who a camera, her name, thank you, I love her, Retta and May Whitman. You know all their names? Yeah I don't actually, so this is as I said the show. There was a blank look in your eyes and you listed all the.
Speaker 2: My scam, my personal scam is that I got a BFA and playwriting, and I learned that in order to succeed this into street, you don't actually have to have seen things. You just have to know who is in it and what it's generally about. Oh, spend enough time on IMDb and you can wheedle your ways.
Speaker 1: One episode of everything. That's also that's all. That also works. Then you get tone.
Speaker 2: People love talking about tone. Yeah, tone makes me horny.
Speaker 1: So the next scam the SCAMLA sent us two SAMs. The other scam is she said another one I just thought up, which I love that she's writing as if she's talking, and she says, I worked at a convenience store and fountain drinks were keyed in manually. I would key it in and pocket the money and I was taken home around one hundred and fifty dollars a day. Jesus. But the store got robbed and I was out scammel it was robbing the store every day. What you mean it was out when they got robbed't scalon, No, that's home. That's where she drew the line. She was like, someone else robbed the store with a gun. Do you see what I mean?
Speaker 2: This to me is like a thing where I'm like where are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, no, Because like convenience store chains, especially, I think the bigger the store, the less people care about the minutia and the semantics, which makes a little scam perfect because if it's like a mom and pop gas the lead station where everybody knows your names, like cheers, you're gonna know mom and Pop.
Speaker 2: It's important, it's it's it's it's moral to steal from corporation, Yeah, because they're evil inherently, Like I think all women should should steal make up tampons.
Speaker 1: We should definitely steal tampon.
Speaker 2: I had a friend who worked at Redacted Corporation, and I'm afraid they'll find him.
Speaker 1: But he worked at.
Speaker 2: Facebook and a Facebook they have read they have such nice like amenities, and I would just go to the bathroom and I'm bring in a toe bag and I would steal all the tampons.
Speaker 1: You were joining the right thing, and.
Speaker 2: I would just take them put in my bag, and it's like they're gonna buy more, so might as well.
Speaker 1: Also, the least they could do for women, Thank you.
Speaker 2: They're stealing all my data, I might as well be able to reap a little bit of something from it.
Speaker 1: Also, like how many women are on Facebook, you probably stole tampons from one woman.
Speaker 2: She feels like this sort of thing, like you know, when the first woman went into space for like six days, they gave her one hundred tampons into space, Like they sent her into space.
Speaker 1: Think she was going to start bleeding more in space Marshowski, This comic has a really funny song about it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they sent her into space with one hundred tampons, And that feels like that same energy or Facebook is like we have.
Speaker 1: Three women working here, but we'll get ten thousand tampons every day, every single day because that way, if a woman ever happens in this bathroom, we're like, look what happens.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what it's like, ladies, You know what I'm talking about. When you just start your period and you be bleeding for a year straight and so, because that's how blood works and so you need one hundred tampons a day.
Speaker 1: I'd be bleeding all day or day. They're so dumb. But also I think it's to create that illusion of like, there must be so many women who work here, because look at many industrial boxes of tampons we have in the bathroom for bitches that definitely work. A Facebook with vaginas with vaginas or not, yeah exactly or not or not. I wish Facebook was that. I hate them so much. I hate the power they have over me. At this moment, I need to let it go. Guy yourself, Yes, the personal power that Mark Zuckerberg has over me. You. I can hear this right, he's listening everywhere. He's in this room. That weird ass haircut, beauty little eyes. Oh, such a nasty looking man. All right, guys, we're gonna take a quick break right back scarf. Oh all right, guys, and we're back, and it's time for historic hoodwinks, which is my favorite segment of the show. Is his where I will regale Ayah with a very famous hoodwink and we'll just get her opinions all throughout. Interjected in between Wow, yeah, little director's commentary. Yes, So today's story hoodwink, which is I was a black woman. If you don't know, I know, I know that. No, I'm telling everyone, I'm dosing you black. I do this almost every show because I'd be saying nigga a lot. That's the first nigga of the show. I don't know if I necessarily sound black on the airwaves. So I just got to remind you, guys.
Speaker 2: People in this, in this, in this what do you call this thing like a podcasting universe have told me that I sound like Jess McKenna before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could get I could hear that.
Speaker 2: And we've only met her once. But I didn't think when we talked that we sounded like each other.
Speaker 1: Maybe we chose a deeper voice than you do, so I wouldn't say that. Well, then I'll pitch it down.
Speaker 2: But any white Hey, guys, this is Jess McKenna, and I'm here saying, then.
Speaker 1: That's what nigga. That nigga sounded very white. Hey, this is Jess McKenna. This is probably mean. No, I love it. It's fantastic. Jess would love it. Just probably loves it. So this is important though, because I wanted another black woman on the show to discuss this scammer because it's a delicate topic. Yes, it's the Welfare Queen, and boy, oh boy, did that name do a number on our community. Just want to remind you guys that the majority of people on welfare are white. It is a fact there a lot of them are in California, but they are the black and the Welfare Queen. Really when we talk about a hit for the culture, like really like DC sniper level hit where like we were like, black people don't kill people at random, we kill people with a small amounts of money, like, and then the DC sniper came out and was just literally shooting everybody. And then we had to spin it and we was like, well, he was also spent a time with his sons, so he was a good dad. It's a good that's which is all so brutal to have to be Like I guess the spin is fatherhood. I don't know. Yeah, he was hanging out with his son. He took his son to lost of murders. Like, how do we fix this? So the Welfare clean did a number on the black community, But I love her. Today we celebrate the Welfare c Day, We celebrate the welfare class history months. Oh no, oh no, we call her Linda from the for the for here on out. But Linda Taylor was born in nineteen twenty six. The arms the twenties were like real and also like this is a bad time for black people. So I can't believe I even tried to call her the welfare Clay. She's just out here trying to live her life. I'm not mad, she's just trying to get to neutral. What am I saying? Every day's a bad day for black people in this country. It's not gotten that much better, all right, Well a little bit, but not a lot. So we have lake phones and showers. Yeah, we have phones and showers. But that stuff that everybody had specifically rights, Why yeah, that's what That's what I had to offer, phones and towers. So her name was Martha Louise White, and gold Dust, Tennessee is where she was born. And she was born to a white woman named Lydia Moone White, a little white person named white. What is this? Tone? Is this for black stream? And she was born what and white? So this is her mother? So she Mark Louis White is the welfare Queen. Linda Taylor's original name, and then her father was a Negro and she had been conceived in Alabama, where at the time sexual relationships between white folks and black folks legal and punishable by prison. Honey.
Speaker 2: The family frequently lied about the race. I want like tiny little piano piano too.
Speaker 1: We would have to edit in a that's definitely the music, as telling the truth could have made her mother guilty. Matha grew up in the child interns sharecrop who made little money, and we're gonna have to fuggle the levels on this. People are gonna hate this. I have to stop. They will hate that and we will have to fuggle the levels. So the family frequently lied about her race and telling her that she was, you know, a white person, which is a common thing, especially in Louisiana. Like, there's lots of creole people who passed for Where are you from, Louisiana, Dallas, Dallas, Okay, Okay, but I have family in the Muisuma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Boston, Boston. Yeah, there's no passing. There's no passing in Boston, Boston. You're either Irish, Catholic, or black or Vietnamese.
Speaker 1: Oh, they will give you Vietnamese. Yeah. And then and then there's like Hislanics have to be black. There's Cape Verdian people.
Speaker 2: There's not that many Hispaniic and Latino people in like it's like certain neighborhoods, it's like very racial, like racially segregated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why how Pittsburgh is a little neighborhood its own race. And yeah, there's not a lot of mixing.
Speaker 2: There's it's yeah, it's like there's definitely a separation, but there's not. There's not a lot of passing, even though I did meet one. There's one girl I met who who is a black girl. She's half black, and she's the only black person I've ever met with the Boston accent. Oh raised, that sounds horrible white family. It wasn't horrible. It was just deeply fascinating. And I think about her a lot a lot.
Speaker 1: It's I always feel for black people who get raised by the white part of the family. Oh, I do, because either they ignore your race and like she's just like ash, she's just damn or they like indoctrinate racism into your soul.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I feel like there's gotta be a middle ground.
Speaker 1: Can you not always guess when someone is half black and they have a black mom. I can. Yeah, well, I come. Well.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's a certain nage where it's like, oh, there's like hair, You're like you, like you. I feel like it's either like they're working through hair and like getting to a good place, or their hair is like immaculate because it was like so rough during childhood and now they're like no, no, no, I know how to do this perfectly.
Speaker 1: There will be no mistakes. I am free the shackles. Take the shackles off my feet, take off my hair, or as we say here, take the shackles off my feet. So I scam, Wow, that's good, feel good. I didn't come up with that. Someone else did. Don't know who. That's Twitter for you, but I won't steal it. I'm not Lizzo. I will say I got it off Twitter. So Martha grew up the child of innerant sharecroppers who made a little bit of money honey and were devastated by droughts of floods all the time. It was always droughting or flooding, which is some bullshit. It was either dry or it was real wet. This is like biblical. It was too wet or too dry, so on top of the financial deprivation, she was often made to feel like an outsider in her own family and community because of rays mixed race. She was expelled from an all white school at the age of six and didn't make it past the second grade. So must have been in that all white schools. Some Negro came out and they were like, wait a minute, wait a minute, is this tan white woman black? She just should have said she was Italian. She really should have. But at that time, I think Italians was still getting it rough. White people had united as one white front. That's true. In America, that's true. They still was talking about Irish people like you know what I mean, all splitting up. Now they're like, make America great again. We're all the same robot human you know. They got together like the Power Rangers and was like it's racist time. It's like everybody got off Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, just white cloaks, just real pristine gloves, all ripers, all of it.
Speaker 1: Well, should have.
Speaker 2: Known apple bottom jeans, boots with the spurs, anything there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay. So she gave birth to her first child in nineteen forty around the age of fourteen, and would go on to give birth to four more over her lifetime. That sucks. I know that's too young to have a baby. She did make attempts at a formal employment, she was also at a disadvantage. Hello. Racism limited her education and racism also limited her employment opportunities. And even if she like she often leaned into racial fluidity or assumed to be white, it still wasn't helping. They knew that Linda had a little drop yes, yes, yes, that's spicy flavor in her. That spicy flavor called a black father who so she certainly perpetrated welfare fraud, showing up to eight offices describing her hardship she hadn't experienced and children she didn't have to get expedited checks. So she did have a child, but she was fruitful and multiplied that one child into hypothetical marinal church. We are the scam was fruitful and begat scams she did. She multiplied children ypathetically, so most of the time it worked. She used a rotating cast of aliases to get those checks. Honey, and she perpetrated other frauds in programs and private systems like life insurance, which life insurance itself is a scam. Yes, we give you little amounts of money our entire life, so that when we die not fun. When we die not fun, pretty brutal. Also, don't get any money. It's for your family. Yeah. Yeah, well my parents have life insurance policies, so I feel good about it. You know, you go get a check.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, listen, they tell me, they tell me this information.
Speaker 1: I'm I supposed to be sad about it. No, it's just preparations because that your parents are responsible. I know my parents have the life insurance man come over. It's a very weird process. Yeah. They came to our house and then assessed how healthy my parents were. Yeah, it's weird, which was gross. They were in their thirties and then this man's in there, like how good you breathe it? Do you have young parents? My mom's fifty, so yoh she's very young. My mom was just turned to redacted six. Oh okay, see that's they had that responsible. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm glad my mom had me just had one. I wish that I had had a baby at twenty one. No, you don't, I just because then I could have like a little friend to get cocktails with. Okay, I'm twenty eight, so I guess not Yeah, no, that's not right now.
Speaker 2: But all the hottest little baby that I go get contacts, you're still content. So regardless of age, you just want somebody who you can get cocktails with it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was also my seed.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's sort of something that I think you should pin for yourself.
Speaker 1: Don't really don't be Yeah, the whole baby that I get cocktails with, it's really like subsicient. Yeah, no, a baby. I think that's maybe all right. Yeah, I think it's cool. Okay. I like that you feel good about that. I am happy for you that that makes you feel cool. But I'm ripped. I was ripped off of that experience because I'm a millennial who's chosen not to have children. Yeah, because it's crazy. It's an ethical it is wild, like, kid's bad for the planet. I know, save the planet. Don't have a child. I know how much surgery a baby is. I'm kidding, guys, have your baby. I love by the idea of something looking like me. Oh that's what I want. I know. I want that so bad. I once stated a guy because we had the same name. Now, you guys know, I'm learning a lot aboualue. He was not a great guy. But boy, just saying my own way the name, it's very fun. He was lazy. I was lazy. That was good enough for me for too long. The bars on the floor, men, you know that. So she may have suffered from mental illness, is what a lot of articles have kind of gleaned about Linda. But I don't know, I don't know if I agree with that. I think she was a genius. Where are they getting You can be both. You can have mentalilists and be a genius. That's so true. But I think that, you know, white guys are allowed to do that all the time, exactly, and then it's cool they make a movie about it.
Speaker 2: There was a brilliant, brilliant, beautiful mind, right, that's all that movie's about.
Speaker 1: And goodwill hunting. Yeah. So at our first trial, well yeah, At her first trial over welfare fraud, her attorney asserted that she was incapable of knowing whether or not she was telling the truth and had her evaluated by a psychiatrist. In nineteen seventy eight. Three of her lawyers said the same, and two psychiatrists found that she was quote unquote psychotic whoa I don't know about that. A series of experts examined her over the next years and couldn't make firm conclusions about her mental health. Her behavior certainly seemed to have followed clear and disturbing patterns. Every chance she got, she used fake names to sign up for public benefits, even when it led authorities right back to her. She did not seem capable of telling the truth, even in small matters like her own name. I don't know if this makes you psychotic. She was just a smart black woman. Are you fucking kidding me? She was born in nineteen twenty six, bach, I'm a lot of everybody every day. Are you kidding me? I'm black, born in the fast. All I do is lie? Why would I tell the truth to white people? What good would that do me? This is this is a time where white people are overly hanging people. This is the time where white people are openly killing Well, why would you ever tell somebody white the truth in nineteen forty Damn, damn, that's real. That seems like a scam in itself.
Speaker 2: That's interesting where I'm like, Also, the way that this is phrase is like, were people trying to help her or were they trying to like indict her, because if they were trying to like indict her, yeah, obviously she's gonna be like, yeah, I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay. I left out that Linda Taylor is a bad bitch. She's attractive, pull up a photo of her, Brodie. She's bad. She's a little haughty, okay. And she's also like the beginning of that racially ambutied, like.
Speaker 2: She's sort of doing like the like uh you know, like those all those British girls who are light skin in this city and they put on.
Speaker 1: The door or oh the gras, yeah, I'm talking about here. So she's like doing She was a little jars school. Yes, No, she was sexy, honey. And also they wasn't allowing people to make these kinds of babies at the time, so she was rare, you know, you know many Linda's walking around on these streets, honey. And then also she was a mad bitch, and she dressed good. She had style. She's doing sort of like a female like pimpsit. Oh, she was a bad, but she could never kill I really like that. Oh I got that picture of her and her lawyer is really what I feel like. You and I look like, oh, yeah, that is us, that's us. That's really great. I would be her lawyer. So I think that also plays. It's a part of like, yeah, people are trying to help her.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting that I mean, listen to me. She looks at Aalian, you know what I mean. She looks like spicy what she looks like. She does look kind of like dua lipa. Like she's from Kosovo. Yeah, this Drina Ura Kosovo. They're all from Kosovo. But like, it's interesting that she passes, you know what I mean. But now when she's involved scatter. But if she's involved in the scam, no, I think it's like that thing where people are like, oh, she's black, like you like, like they pushed her into the box of like blackness because they were like, no, we don't.
Speaker 1: Which is deeply unfair because if you're half white, you're half white, you're half of both. But in this country, you're never half white. Yeah, except for Barack Obama, who was the first person who was half white I've ever heard in my life. She's literally a pass. Well, Barack Obama became president, white people came out and said he's half white, and I was like, I've never heard that phrase before ever, because they had no need for the phrase. No one wanted he said, Barack's aid Obama a white. They said, he's partly ours. Please Negroes pipe down, all right, just hush now a little. It's not your first black president, he's your first half white president. And I truly love that. So it was nineteen seventy six. Now we've moved up in time. She started scamming in the nineteen forties. In nineteen seventy six, Ronald Reagan was president or he was running for president and having trouble gaining traction as a new candidate. Shook hands and diners. He did gymnasiums, town halls. He kissed on all the babies, and he hit upon a crowd pleaser, like a riff that got attention by playing into fears, which is what everyone in politics loves to do, is make you scared and make you racist. It works, It works too good. Like they're not going to give you health care, but they will make you hate Mexicans. What and is that curing your cough? It tracks to me, It tracks to me why I have a hit problem. But hating Mexicans has really improved.
Speaker 2: It I'm really serious, like debt after going to school.
Speaker 1: But ever since that sort of like a Muslim band, thinks, have been really looking up for you, really looking up for my debt. Really, it's been paying itself. No, it's it's the same amount of debt. Oh girl, Yeah, death didn't change. No, it feels like it's lighter.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, it's actually it's actually more interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's how racism works, guys. It's a scam. Let it go. So call it a like nineteen seventies version of Build that Wall. This is what Ronald Reagan was like going around with. So in Chicago, they found a woman who holds the record. Reagan said she used eighty names, thirty addresses, fifteen telephone numbers to collect food stamps, social Security, veteran benefits for non existent diseased veteran husbands, deceased excuse me for non existent deceased veteran husbands, as well as welfare. Her tax free cash income alone has been running one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. This is an audio recording from that time, and you can hear the audience gas. So Ronald Reagan ran on the back of a black woman ran on the black of a back woman, the black of a black woman, and also the back of a black woman. With his new political trope, which was coined welfare Queen, Ronald Reagan did this like, ron Meagan, you and your trap queen wife brought crack to the community, like truly, truly brought crack to the communities. And also you labeled us as welfare queen. And who is Republican's most favorite president to date, Ronald fucking Reagan. He was an actor. He's literally Donald Trump, but just like talked better. Yeah, yeah, arguably equal or worse. It's it's it's interesting, And I just want to say again the majority of people on welfare are white white. It's yes, numbers, Okay, it's just numbers of facts. But he used this to create an image of black women that has stuck in people's minds to this day. A black woman eating chicken in the in the low income house and nine the keys. It's the It reminds me kind of of like the whole thing was voter fraud.
Speaker 2: You remember there was that scare and they were like people are going around voting sucks.
Speaker 1: No one's trying to scam an election. Not not people of color anyone.
Speaker 2: But it's that same thing where it's like one person did this thing, but you're using it as like a way to propagate fear and anger towards a whole community that isn't deserving, and that.
Speaker 1: Only happens to brown people because white guys get to be individuals and shoot up as many movie theaters and churches as they want. And we're just like, that's just one guy. Well that's that is just one guy. If there's a lone wolf, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: All those all those guys are just lone wolf separately with the same ideology that have been radicalized from the same place. No, they're alone, and also guns have personalities, so.
Speaker 1: You have to be nice to them, and they have rights. I feel like they should have. All of that is hilarious. And I feel like they have called it a lone wolf because wolves travel in packs, and now there's been so many lone wolves that they're a pack, right, They're a pack? Now? Yeah, Well, what's a lone animal that would have worked better for? Like killing Randa? A student of fish? Maybe your some thing? I feel like a student of fish. There's definitely just one guy by hisself. I've talked about this on many podcasts, but I think if you own an aquarium, you might be a murderer. It tracks. Here's why. It's a pet that's in a box and you put a little food on top every day, like here you go, bitch, here's your food, and then you watch you swim around. Just get hold on it. And they can't pet, You can't talk to you. I can't tell you if it's sick. It's just like I've got your little box, bitch, where you're gonna go. It's true some fish look nice. They do look nice, But why you gotta hold something and look at it? What about you makes you want to have a big job? Cats are I think people. Cats are scary and yes they'll eat you when you die, but they're your friend. But fish can't do shit they like look nice. Am I a murderer? I think you might be a murderer. I have only murdered two people. Next, that doesn't make me a murder. Murderer could be your new hobby. Okay, okay, listen, I'm not gonna encourage that. This is a true con podcast. We do not encourage crime than you, but just know, you know you might have the talent inside of you. No, I don't, and immediately go down. I would go down. So Linda Taylor quickly became a political tool, wielded for purposes far bond beyond her misdeed. It's so annoying. I'm annoyed.
Speaker 2: I'm also thinking of like the eighties, like twenty one year old like Coke bro who like just graduated from GW and he's like writing speeches for Ronald Reagan and he's like, you gotta listen, mister Reagan, like this, I'm telling you hitch all the way to the White House.
Speaker 1: Reagan's like, what do you mean black? She looks Italian, He's He's like, I love her so not from Kosovo. No, she's black in reality. So they were making up the amount of money that she had stolen. They had kind of inflated it for political purposes. In reality, a grand jury indicted her for receiving payments adding up to a grand total of seven thousand, six hundred eight dollars in two so, which later increased to eight thousand, six hundred I'm sorry eighty eight hundred and sixty five dollars and sixty seven cents. So just To be clear, Ronald Reagan said that she was raking in one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year and she had over eight grand.
Speaker 2: I'm also just like, that's not a queen, Like that's like a blacksmith. Like that's like the town cobbler. Like, right, she could be a gesture at she she's a barmaid. Oh yeah, you know that's not like the queen.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. That's crazy. I didn't know that it was that little.
Speaker 2: Actually it's a lot, and it's still a scam.
Speaker 1: But also I'm like, I thought it was more money, right, Yeah, And here's the fucked up thing about the system is it took Cook County fifty thousand dollars to convict her. Yeah, not to mention what it costs to imprison her, nor the resources suspended to build a case against her. It costs more money to put this black woman in jail than she Still, Yeah, it's not shocking because it's how the prison industrial complex works. This is a very political episode. Sorry, we're black and we're suffering. Welcome, Welcome, join us. There was like a hashtag not too long ago on Twitter that was like rest in piece of America. I'm like, bitch, what are you talking about? This country's constitution was written by a bunch nasty old rapists and slaves owners. I always it's like, whenever anybody's like, this isn't the America, I know, what did you know? It's like crazy. I was back in New York the other day and I was listening to this this couple. They were having a fight.
Speaker 2: It was an old white man and his younger white girlfriend, and she was like upset with him because they'd gone to like some political argument. I was trying to piece it together. You can only do so much when you're nosy and shopping.
Speaker 1: I love your hustling, my favorite hustle. Oh, I love your hustle. Work so hard to listen to other people's I really did, I really really. My mom taught me. I was like pretending to read. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: I was like flipping the pages, and I actually really liked that. I had to try to remember my original page.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: As I'm yeah, but so it's all about method. I'm actually fairly method.
Speaker 1: H But I was.
Speaker 2: Listening to them arguing, and he basically well a big part of their argument. They were both upset about Greta Tunburg because she was like, I like Gretitunburg and he was like, she's young. So that was part of their argument, but it was basically about being political, and he was like, you're just you're radical, you know, And he was like.
Speaker 1: What happened to civility? Back in my day? Two people could come from opposite sides of the table and meet in the middle. And I back in my day we strung ningers up on trees together. We did it gather and we were organized, we had juice.
Speaker 2: And I also was like, if I want this conversation to happen as organically as possible, you know, like I want I want them to be able to reach some sort of agreement. But I also was like trying to look at her and be.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, hey me over here, me, do you just want to like you can maybe you could win this argument if.
Speaker 2: You were just like but other people. But I think she was also rich because she had at a point they like stopped talking and to like, you know, give themselves like a little argument break. And she was like looking at her business on Instagram. She made furniture, I think, or re upholstered previously made furniture, and she only had two sales for the whole last month. And I was like, well, how can you afford a life if that's your business. So I think she was also generationally wealthy.
Speaker 1: Probably, you know, that's sweet, sweet generational wealthy.
Speaker 2: Y know, I really fucked up when my parents didn't have generational wealth.
Speaker 1: I can't believe my parents didn't have generational wealth. My parents were the first people, I think to go to college. Yeah, and they made money, so I got I did get off on that scamp. But you know, we could have been nasty rich. Yeah. I want to be rich where like there's definitely been murders. I want to be so rich that you got a murder for your fortune. Rich where like where like there's like we own bodies of war water. Oh yes, I would love to own the Pacific. You have like a little lake it's too cold. I would warm it up. I would warm up the Pacific actively.
Speaker 2: And this is why black people actually can't have generational That's actually why we don't deserve it, because we're trying.
Speaker 1: To flex some war much to Pacific. You spend all your money on warming up the Pacific.
Speaker 2: Like he bought a polar ice cap and you made it hot because you thought that would be cool it.
Speaker 1: See what happened her story and the eventual case. Wow, what a tangent. I know, y'all go be my ass on this episode. Oh well, can't find me. It's my fault. I love it. I love it. I on her story. And and it's Black History months, so you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly if you're mad at black innovation, this is actually afrofuturism. And this is actually sort of like just like black dot eyes.
Speaker 1: I made that, and tell your white friends, tell your white friends about black dot not even close to data. It'sm I just was looking for a word. So her story and this is Linda Taylor, right, that's who we're talking about. Her story and the eventual case against her. Fuel to crackdown and the Illinois legislator on supposed welfare fraud, remember, because she's fake stealing one hundred thousand dollars a year, Thanks Reagan, it's crazy, leading to an eighty eight percent bump in the budget for the Designated Committee and partnership with guess who, the Chicago motherfucking police. So now the police getting to pay raise so they can go hunt black and brown people for the welfare fraud that they're not doing well.
Speaker 2: Also just the negligence and like actual like public service that that is.
Speaker 1: Doing, you know what I mean, Like it's horrible. So three quarters of welfare fraud cases were referred to law enforcement by nineteen seventy nine up to and this is like up twenty eight percent from nineteen seventy so just in nine years because of Reagan. Now we're just like harassing the shit out of people. The department began systematically auditing the af DC and other programs. Lawmakers even set up anonymous hotlines to receive tips about potential cheats. So then I made a one eight hundred Karen number so that Karen could call when the negroes started to look a little too rich.
Speaker 2: I would absolutely call that hotline for like people.
Speaker 1: I was like, mad, you know you would. Oh my god, Hello, I want to h of care. Yes, I have a neighbor. Her name is Chandra. Yes, she's a black h if you need to know that for just since its purposes, I think she might be doing welfare for us. Well, thank you, Hi, this is Karen. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm seeing Schandra actually doesn't have she's not a welfare no, but she's black. Wait a minute, y, since you called, I think we'll just arrest her anyway, Thank you so much, gorgeous, I will This is what's happening now. This is terrible. So, and the biggest problem with this program was not that people were cheating system or whatever tailor style schemes they were saying, but that the system was cheating them them. Yeah, they use this. They The government was like, Linda is onto something and now we want ours. Yeah, government is a scam. Yes, So they're the best.
Speaker 2: Arguably the biggest one. We're living in a crumbling democracy.
Speaker 1: About tax already crumbled. The government don't tell you how much money you owe, but then if you don't pay them, they'd be like, hey, actually this how much money you owe, but we can't tell you until you don't pay us. Now you gotta go to jail. It makes no sense how we pay taxes and then what does the money go? Do you actually know exactly where your tax dollar went? Do you know what pothole your coins field? No, you don't, and they don't have to tell you. Yeah. So government was like Linda, yeah, like what you're doing? And we want to add to it. None of it makes sense. The government. I want to I think I have to work in government at some point, just because no no, no, no, no, no no, don't look so tickle. I need to be a part of that sleep sweet scam Oh god, oh I love it. From sea to shine and sea Wow.
Speaker 2: That is hills and plains and valleys, et cetera, purple mountain magisty yes for robber ree, I'm into it. So a federal report that a federal report found that just one percent of the annual budget of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare was lost to unw unlawful or wilful misrepresentation. So basically one percent of money that was lost was lost to fraud. But mind you, they've started policing people twenty eight percent higher than they were before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the truth is Linda Taylor actually was a scam artist who cheated the system quite prolifically, but not the way that society wanted her. She had gone by at least eight different names by the time she was twenty two. She was apparently a kidnapper. Ooh, Linda, yess I mean, if a black woman takes you, is it kidnapping. Is it a wonderful experience? Probably kidnapping. Still, you're right, doesn't like it. Who's she kidnapped? You know, I need to figure that out, let's see. So it says books, I think it's like a legend. So ah, yes, ah, yes, the old legend of her maybe kidnapping someone. That's a that's lore. I truly don't know. And books written about her life even suggests that she committed murder, which, okay, I don't know. I think people are just pontificating on a woman who is just brilliant and a good scammer, but we don't know. So he presents Linda Taylor not as a parable for anything grand, but as a singular American scoundrel who represented nothing but herself, which I wish more black people could just represent themselves.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing, right, is like when that happens, then it's it's like a big crime. Like it's like a big it's this big, disgusting horror like.
Speaker 1: And I say he because I'm talking about Josh Levin. Excuse me, guys, Josh Levin wrote a book about Linda Taylor. That was the first thing I should have said. So he presents Lynda Taylor not as a parable for anything grand, but as a singular American scoundrel who represents nothing but herself, which yeah, I would love to represent just myself.
Speaker 2: That's the part of like American law is like you're supposed to be able to be anyone you want to be, and if you come across things by like not so great circumstances, like there's still like reward and like there's something like cool and American about it. But if you're like a black person who does that, you go to prison.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yes, and then white people steal your story and make a movie about it, but for sure probably erase you out of it. And it's crazy too because when black people do good things, the good things don't represent us as much as the bad things do. So it's not even like, Okay, look at Michelle Obama, shouldn't black women be better revered? No, we still hate you, hosts, and we're gonna use Cardi B as your reference, like why they're famous. They're both very famous, and Cardi B has done a lot of good stuff, but a lot of it. You might work in government one day. I would love if Cardi B works in government like I want it. I want to the White House, I want that on a sign. I want to be out in the street. I don't want that. I never do, like a school board or something. Something has gone from government now that Donald Trump has completely fucked over the scam of like politicians have to be eloquent. Anybody can get they asked clapping in the White House, and we're not gonna give a fuck. There's what when you hire a rapist, racist, I'm taking it a a thief and you let him be the president. And after that, where is the bar? There's no more bar? No, I agree, I don't know need to go back to suits. We don't need to go back to eloquence. We don't need to go back to you not being high on adderall every day. Well, I see good things in this argument.
Speaker 2: I also would like a president who could read what why?
Speaker 1: Just would be nice? I don't know, just would be nice? You can read why a president need to read oh my God by president illiterate? Wow?
Speaker 2: Is this like a great reminder of one of my favorite things about like comedy, which is like you just have to be able to make a good argument and there doesn't have to be any there can be holes.
Speaker 1: But as long as it's concrete. Yes. Well, Josh Levin, yes, wrote this book, and he also in this book recalls hints of buying and selling children on the black market. We hold on.
Speaker 2: You can't leave this till almost the end. That's what Josh said, hints off hints. So does would have hints of buying and selling children on the black market?
Speaker 1: That feels like the whole like that's the answer. No, that's not a clue. That's the result. You bought and sold children on the black market. Yeah, I don't understand. What are the hints? Are the hints like little clothes that was left behind closed for little baby shoes for sale, So many baby shoes since she was always selling them on the corner. Also baby also with children. I okay, thinking about that, she's thinking about that. There's more weird stuff. She befriended a sick woman named Patricia Parks, who then died under suspicious circumstances. Can we pull up Patricia? I think we got her on a tab. So Patricia Parks died in June of nineteen seventy five after our barbituate overdose that was happening a lot at that time. That's like how Jimmy Hendricks died. But Taylor was for a while a suspect in Petitio's death but ultimately was never charged. All they said was, that's another black woman dead. Wow. Barbituates are kind of glamorous too, are they aren't they? I think you'd be throwing up when you died.
Speaker 2: That's not cool, but like, that's not It makes me think of think of Jimmy Hendry.
Speaker 1: It makes me think of Valley of the Dolls. You've seen that. This is an old movie and basically it's about people going to Hollywood and then getting addicted to pills. And there's this scene where she goes, give me my dolls. I just looked like dolls, Give me my dolls. Glamorous. Yeah, so that glamorous for me. All I needed was that spectacular performance. So maybe she murdered her friend, maybe she didn't. Maybe she stole some kids, maybe she didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well, who among us? Who among us hasn't been to the black market.
Speaker 1: Market? It's Black History Month, and I'm not judging the black car. The black market is a part of Black History Months. It's not, but we will say it will for these intensive purposes, so one of her husbands because she had a few hunting Sherman Ray was shot by one of her cronies, and his family accused she has I don't understand Linda's life, especially given that Okay, so especially given that he had taken out two life insurance plans shortly before his death and Taylor was the beneficiary of both. Her husband Sherman Ray was shot by her cronies, that's what they're saying, and that she he had taken out two life insurance policies like right before his death. I think there's things.
Speaker 2: I there's things missing from her life for me.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way that this is arranged either, no shade, but no, no, it's just like, these are the things I wanted to know in the beginning. Well because okay, because I kind of was like defending her. That's okay, you can still defend her. Maybe she murdered her husband, maybe she didn't. It's hard with.
Speaker 2: The black market stuff and now knowing that she has cronies, it's hard to be like she's a scammer, Like she's like a criminal.
Speaker 1: She's a career criminal. Look, that's what that was I thinking.
Speaker 2: She's sort of like was like going around trying to have day jobs and it was hard.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she's a criminal. Okay, iow is getting off the scam train. Guys. I see her getting off the train right now with her hobo bag. I get back on the trap.
Speaker 2: I just my little stick, my little stick in my Bandita are they're wavering?
Speaker 1: They're weary on my shoulders. I was fully buckled into this.
Speaker 2: My tiny little scampy little dog is barking. He wants to get off.
Speaker 1: No, you want to stay off. This is where, this is where life is for your dog man. Oh no, oh no, I've become a crony. You have, and you've become microny. We'll have fun after this. I may or may not have someone with life insurance policies that I need you to kill. Oh my god, it's my mother. So at various points, Taylor comes across mentally ill, pathological in her lies, and perhaps unable to distinguish what's real from what's fake. At other times, Josh Levin, who is describing her in this book called The Queen, suggests that she seemed to know precisely which lever to pull, which I think is more accurate, like when you're getting a psyche v out and like you need to She's like, when you go to jury duty and you don't want to do jury duty, which black people, you have to go to jury duty and you have to do it because of racism. Sorry, I have to do it too. But when you go to dury doing and you want to get out of it, you say the wrong thing so that they kick you out. You're like, oh, how do you feel about cops? You'd be like I hate them or I would have six with them all, Like you have to say something radical, insane so they'll kick you off the jury. I think that when you go get a psyche vout and you know that if you have a bad ev out, it's gonna help you. You got to go in there and give them your best, you know, halle Berry, Wow, just give them your best. And in one of those movies where she loses her child, she's.
Speaker 2: Always like, Octavia Spencer and Law do that. That's a three day performance.
Speaker 1: Oh but see that takes too long. I feel like the good thing about Octavia Spencer in Law is like you don't know she's crazy for a little while, Like, well, then just do that just give to them. Skip to the just skip to the end of my folks.
Speaker 2: If I can leave you with one thing, one recommendation, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: You gotta see ma It's fantastic. I have a friend in it who shows his butt. All right, he's actually on the show at some point. The white guy. Yes, ooh, here ourch a little bit younger, Okay, that's tracks. The same is Shohny Pallo. He's very cool. I like him a lot because on the show, you will hear that episode at some point.
Speaker 2: So watch mom, so support the working actors in.
Speaker 1: Mo got to So she's listed as white in a nineteen thirty census. I'm telling you she looks like she's from Kosovo. She looks like she don't as white and Mexican on a nineteen forty five arrest report, and she's listed as Hawaiian nineteen forty six resupport. So basically relate to that. She's like the Rock. Yes, you know, yes, like every.
Speaker 2: Race that the Rock is listed Linda Taylor. Linda is the rock tailor.
Speaker 1: Linda the Rock Tailor.
Speaker 2: That's the earlier when said she's a little haughty hock girl, I was thinking Linda B.
Speaker 1: Taylor. I feel I still think this Linda Taylor's pretty hot. So no matter her background, Taylor did a monstrous things while she was alive. Linda Taylor was a victim of many things, including racism, family cruelty, and possibly mental illness. She then went on to victimize a long list of people herself, and those people are again maybe Sherman Ray who died, maybe she murdered him. Children, various children who we don't know if she may or may not have sold. These are all hypotheticals.
Speaker 2: Would also like to be the type of person who somebody's like, we don't know if she sold a child.
Speaker 1: Technically, I don't know if you've sold a child. You know that I haven't sold a child. I don't know that for sure. You know that I haven't been with your life. See not on purpose, doubt, you're creating doubt. So Linda Taylor, maybe that wasn't even her real name, but that's the name that stuck the longest. Died in two thousand and two in a care facility near Chicago. Wow, Linda, is this kind of like? This is a this is a bit of a tricky one. A lot of them are She's got a checkered past. Yeah, because I will say I don't encourage murder. This is a podcast that we fully don't focus on murder or you know, ian focus on fun crime, true con. Yeah, and Linda may Or may not have been a murderer, but since we don't know, I'm gonna lean with now well innocent until proven guilt. Right. But but when there's smoke, there's fire, and I feel like if people are like, maybe you murdered.
Speaker 2: And beyond smoke, it's like full fog at like a Diplow concert.
Speaker 1: This is like dangerous levels. I don't know it's it's hazardous. I believe a queen. Okay, Okay, I love that you have to grapple with this hard. We can grapple during the break. We'll be right back with more scam Goddess rab right, Guys, stretching, I was stretching in the studio. She's we've stressed her out. I'm still I'm glad she came back after the break because she was trying to jump off the scam train. Guys, so this is our last second.
Speaker 2: The little dog was like holding on to my cash pants. I was like trying to get off the train. And he was like tugging me.
Speaker 1: So this is a scammer of the week, and why not highlight another black queen we all probably know by now and love who used racism to her advantage, just like Linda Taylor, but maybe didn't murder anyone and maybe didn't sell any children on the black mart It's it's the maybe. So over the past few months, the conservative sections of social media have become fixated on a walk away campaign. This was month sigo, this isn't nineteen that was urging democrats minorities to take their blinders off and join the Republican Party. It was called hashtag walk away God from who you are and everything you stand for to support racism that hurts you. That's the longer hashtag, but the short hashtag was walk away. So this girl tweeted, and this was in twenty nineteen months ago. They so the Republican Party seemed to have added a black college student named Koran to the ranks. And the girl, she tweeted, I will not hide any longer. The left has made us feel as if us black Republicans should hide. But not in it all. Let me put on my Martin Luther King boys. But not at it all backs for Trump. You walk away, Maga. You're singing make amracle great again to the mountain top. That's good. So the tweet went viral. King Oh wow, that's pretty good. That's all King said. Every day. Wow. So he was like Martin that flaps weirdly got into like a have Lois. I was like, I have a dream and she was like, wine, wow, I want to go to jail. I would like to go to jail please. So the tweet went viral. She got a momentary blast of internet fame, but things took a turn when Kuran tweeted a text conversation between her and her mom. She claimed that her parents disowned her, kicked her out of her house, and refused to pay her college tuition. To make ends meet, Koran set up a go fund me my favorite scam platform and asked for financial support from her new found Republican fan base. If you could find it in your hearts, racist white people to help this young black Republican pay for school organ it would be appreciated, she tweeted. Less than three hours after claiming to be disowned by her family, Karan revealed the text messages and the MAGA hat were a ruse to scam desperate, insecure Republicans, so our rumor started circulated that she had raised more than hundred fifty thousand dollars over the phone. Karan admitted that she didn't raise much of anything, and that she'd refunded what she had received. That's between me and the irs, she said, coyly. When asked how much she's gotten a queen, she said, I just decided to refund everyone and give them their money back. I think it was maybe like two hundred dollars at that point. Email screenshots she had backed up this claim. Yes, go Fundme refunded at least ninety dollars one fifty donation and one for twenty That don't add up to ninety dollars seventy dollars. What's going on? I feel like I'm being scammed out of research today, So, she says, I just honestly didn't want to take their money. Yeah. I can pay for school, but I don't. I want Republican money to pay for it. You give me, that's the best kind of money to pay for it. I want Republican money to pay for everything. I want Republican money to pay for my wax, your wax, Yeah, my wax in my vagina. I would love for that to be funded by Republican money.
Speaker 2: This is I think if a Republican was listening to this podcast, they'd be like, this is why I don't believe in in any sort of socialist like take on the economy.
Speaker 1: I'm getting government refunds to go to European Wax Center. Wow. Yeah, it's crazy though.
Speaker 2: It's like if you're a Republican, you believe that like money should go to war and like big guns, but.
Speaker 1: You don't believe it. Your Republican used to stand for to you getting your vagina wax.
Speaker 2: Think about it, What is the greatest weapon of mass destruction the vagina?
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because it didn't used to be that way, Like Republicans like, yeah, there's always been like a taste of racism in the soup, you know, for flavor, but they don't don't have anything else really like openly this racist. Like you could be a Republican and just actually just be really selfish about giving your money to people. Yeah, there's a lot of nice, very wonderful white people who just don't want to help the polar Yes, yes, and now their party stands for racism. They're like, that's not what we were doing. We just didn't want them to have things. Yeah, yeah, we want to kill them. Well that's slow, not having resource exactly. That's the that's that's the civil way to do it. Yes, So she says her only regret is that she wished a better photo of her gone viral. Yea cool. But yeah, she scammed these, She says, she gave the money back. I would have loved this scam more if she kept all the money, because she would have. They were like, they would have gone bananas. Why. That's the thing about GoFundMe that I don't understand is like people be like, oh, well, you're not really sick. You have to give all the money back? Why gofund me is a platform for scammers and liars. There's nothing wrong with making up a fake go fundme and my can okay, cause think about it, How did life change if my kid didn't really break his leg? Were you gonna know he broke his leg and you paid me twenty dollars for it? No? Either way, if I had a hypothetical child, which I do not have, any so good at making convincing arguments. Are you gonna sleep differently? No? You can you get to feel good that you contributed to my non existent son's broken leg fund This is fascinating. I don't know what. I have nothing to say because there's nothing to be said. Wow, and go fund me should not make you refund the money just because you didn't make the web series, which I know y'all not making them web series. I know y'all stealing that money. And you know we don't want to watch a web series either way. I say web series are different. No, people ain't making them.
Speaker 2: No, But I think like it's like if it's health, like that should be real. If it's like hey, should be real because like, actually people are dying on medical.
Speaker 1: And what is your So you was gonna get say, twenty dollars to the person who was actually not? No, he was not yeah, or try to he was gon' even?
Speaker 2: But the web series is like if you donate money to like an artistic venture, like you that there's like inherent evil in that, even if it's good, there's inherent evil And in supporting art. No one should support the arts supported shouldn't be supported. I'm just saying guys.
Speaker 1: You don't know if anybody on GoFundMe got their chemo or got their leg fixed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if they got that. Yeah, I'm always making up.
Speaker 1: Don't follow ups on go fund me. I see a sad story, I throw a coin and I hope for the best. Sometimes I do a follow up because I'm just like did you get healthy? Like? Did you? I get invested in people's personal stories as well. I like that. Yeah, I like that. I love to donate to a classroom. I love to donate. See that's bullshit. You know, where is your pencil money going? Wait what you go see the clean nex of the kids put their bugger's in. You're not gonna see where your money went. Oh my, it's like long con you know what I mean. It's like long cme. Then then then then one day there's one of the kids is president. You're like, I gave you piscils. Now No, He's like, he doesn't know. That's the beauty of it. He goes.
Speaker 2: You know, one day I was I was in my little classroom. It was third and there was a there was a sneeze in my body that rumbled so much in my it almost shook me to the court let it out, and I almost sneezed bullets and all on the chief of police who was visiting our school.
Speaker 1: Got a tissue.
Speaker 3: I got a tissue and I blew my nose and that saved me from going down to school to prison pipeline and now I'm president.
Speaker 1: You know, like that requires to donate money to that, Like that makes sense. Keep scamming go fund me congregation. Guys, we've reached the end of the episode. What a wild ride. It's Black History Month. Okay, I'm gonna do what I want. Yeah, okay, just when the tailor story all over the place, very crazy, don't tweet me about it. Just enjoy the ride. Sometimes this is a comedy podcast. I Where can people find you? People can find me online.
Speaker 2: My name is it and that's where you can find me at Iowa Debris. On Twitter and Instagram. You can find me at my house. My address is.
Speaker 1: You don't want people find you.
Speaker 2: My address is uc B Franklin. I live on top of uc B Franklin. You can come there snacks at the top of the theater. I sit there and I'll eat your snacks.
Speaker 1: What is happening, guys? As always, you can find us at scamgudspot at gmail dot com. Email us your scams. Make sure they're nice and old and retired, like the scams that we got today, which you cannot do in modern times. And I love those scams and guys as always. You can find me a d I v A l A c I Diva Lacey on all platforms. Follow me, watch my Instagram stories. I got attacked by clown, That's true. I ran into a clown twice, and I might as well just say this because I'm still here. Ran into a cloud. It's kind of my fault. Ran into a clown. I guess. He was dressed as the joker in a Food for Us, which is like a very very bad food store that you should never really all into. And I filmed him a little bit and he like looked at me. Yeah, he saw me filming. Then I was driving out Hollywood Boulevard on my way to shoot something, and the same clown was their hard argument with someone who looked like Harley Quinn but had a bat but like a very sad Haley queen and yeah, and they started fighting, and then he saw me and I was taking a picture again. Then he came up to my cause. Literally the plot of The Joker where the Jokers being.
Speaker 2: Attacked by black women. That's all the Joker years about.
Speaker 1: He got in front of my car, stopped my car in the middle of traffic. All the other traffic keeps going right, the Joker sitting on my car. He's trying to wrestle the bat from Harley Quint, who's maybe his lover. People have told me they've seen them make out on the train and he's trying to take her back to my brand new Mercedes. And yes, literally the plot of The Joker, this is Todd Phillips is the Joker. So yeah, guys, don't be out here filming people for the GRAM. Stop doing shit for Cloud. I will stop as well, because I almost got my fucking break speed off my car. So you know, hey, wow, this is an.
Speaker 2: Insane You can just do like signs and inanimate objects for Cloud and even objects are fine, not people.
Speaker 1: Wait really quickly, I'm thinking about Joker now.
Speaker 2: Just do you think that Todd Phillips like was in love with the black woman and then she like dumped him brutally and that's why he made Joker Because every single woman in Joker is like black.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I know who's like kind of like I didn't see that. Meaning him, it's yeah, that's what it's not for me. It isn't. I didn't want to sit in the theater because, you know, the movie be popping off. They had too many warnings talk about we looking for shooters. I was like, I'm not going to that movie. Wow. I once actually had a weird moment went to a movie theater and looked at the seating arrangement and we're like, where would we be able to get out of live if there was a shooting? And so we're planning this, and then the guy next to us was buying tickets and he was like, what the fuck is wrong with you? I was like, this is America, we're talking about to exit anyway. This is insane. Guys follow us places. Maybe not after that, but that's fine. Tweet has positive things about this. It's Black History Month. Go rate this episode five stars and give me a nice review and stop spelling my name. Oh I have a podcast too, Yes, plug your podcast, Jesus, Oh my gosh. It's called Iconography.
Speaker 2: I coast it with my friend Olivia Kraikhead, who's also a black woman, who was raised by a white mother, but I like her a lot so lazy.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna cut that part out, so oh yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we talk about celebrity culture, and we bring on fun guests and they talk about people who are icons of them.
Speaker 1: We play games and we talk and it's fun. If you like celebrities and people who are neurotic, well that's the podcast. All right, guys, if you lasted this long, If you lasted this long, I'll tell you one secret. Wells and you were right. I did murder somebody. You were right all along. We're leaving. You'll never guess where they're buried. The top of the US Franklin Hatory. Ye okay, Godess