Speaker 1: Welcome to Ravens Press Pass. Today we'll hear from head coach John Harball, defensive tackle Travis Junes, and outside linebacker Tavis Robinson. Let's start with Harps.
Speaker 2: Okay, great to see everybody here. Great day with family and friends. James Procie out there saying Hi, Hi, James, Kyle, good Ronald, seeing you guys.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's that's ob j right there, Hi, Obijay you guys. Yeah yeah, Willie Taggart, what do you say? Yeah, I just try to ignore all that. So family and friends day out here, and it was it was great.
Speaker 2: The guys had the their people here and I really appreciate that and that means everything to us. And I want to give you an injury an injury update right away and today I wanna be forthright with it. So Joey Paloni, the photographer who got run over, is okay, checking for I think concussion probably.
Speaker 3: I think you got a needed ahead there can't.
Speaker 2: He opened his eyes, looked at me and I said, good morning. He laughed, So I think he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 2: So, so we're gonna be okay there, Yeah, nice question. Well we got it further pending further testing. He's in the protocol, right, he's in the protocol. I thought that was I thought that was somewhat humorous.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 3: You guys just fonded me the exact same way the team does. Yeah, we're supposed to laugh.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you got as far as uh, I think you're down to two quarterback to throughout the or you know, wad stop playing?
Speaker 6: And do you know how how much of a breakdown as far as how much like Josh will play, how much Anthony will play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're probably gonna go Josh half an Anthony half. That's the plan right now.
Speaker 7: No, it wasn't a whole lot.
Speaker 3: But today, beyond being out there today, how to he looked.
Speaker 7: And just having him out there with.
Speaker 2: Your defensive JD looked good man, he was really he was. He was quick, he looks like he's in shape. You can tell he's been working hard. He said he had, and you can see it. I thought he'd fit right in. You know, he's learning the defense, but you know, I mean, how much defense is there? It's fronts and a little bit of coverage and then he's got to learn the blitz patterns. Oh and we do drop into coverage a lot, so I guess there is more, but he's up to it. He's played a lot of football, very smart player, Very excited to have him.
Speaker 6: John, you have a You've got a lot of stars through this building before, but this season was maybe some of the biggest names, not just in football, but in sports. Do you have to change your approach at all to coaching or to interacting with maybe some of the younger guys.
Speaker 2: With the extra attention maybe that's put on this team this year, maybe I would say no, you know, I mean we've always we always feel like you have attention. I don't feel like it's any more than it's ever is. My sense isn't that it's any different. Uh, It's just different guys sometimes, you know. I mean obviously Obj walked by is a guy that gets a lot of attention. I think everybody enjoys it. You know, it's fun and he's a great guy, you know, and that kind of that helps a lot. You know, if you think if you bring the right people in and they care about football, and everybody respects this, respect each other, you have what you want and we've got that right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really like the team.
Speaker 2: I really like the players, like like their method, like how they work. They're not afraid to have fun, laugh a little bit.
Speaker 3: You enjoy that.
Speaker 2: So now we just got to get out there, keep getting better every day, then go out there and let it rip on game day.
Speaker 8: Jesse status complicate the number two quarterback? Or feel like you know Tyler or you obviously been around Josh a good bit. You feel like you have you've seen enough to know basically where that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you have to because that's just a circumstance that we're in right now. It would have been great if if Tyler, you know, hadn't had that happen and could could have played in this game.
Speaker 3: I would have loved that.
Speaker 2: But we'll just make the decisions based on what we see and going forward, what we know. Tyler's going to be fine. You know, we just got to get it right. So that's the good news. You know, regular season, he should be should be more than fine by then, So I'm not too worried about it.
Speaker 3: John health, Brent little been doing.
Speaker 7: You haven't seen him out there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he Brent had a baby, His wife had a baby, actually, so yeah, it was a big baby and a big baby boy as you might imagine.
Speaker 3: And he'll he'll, he'll be back, He'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thanks congratulations to the Urbans and uh, it's awesome muscome for their family.
Speaker 7: Johnna, you were talking about yesterday about Debbiean and what you can kind.
Speaker 9: Of do as a pass rusher.
Speaker 7: Looking back at twenty twenty one, he had a lot of success kind of producing inside and just given.
Speaker 9: The cards a lot of problems.
Speaker 7: Is that something that you think that he can do for you guys?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's he can go inside a daphe can go inside. You know, I think we've got some real options there. You know, Matta bk is just rushing the passer really well. I feel really good about our pass rush. I mean, I can't wait to see it go. Obviously they got to go do it, but we've definitely got the guys that do it. And as you guys have written, you know, we do believe in those two young guys, you know, and we know Tyas is still getting healthy, but we do believe in those two young guys. You know, we think they're going to do really well. And the guy right here, number ninety five, you know he might. He might surprise surprise you too, So looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: Some fans asking yesterday of having Funny.
Speaker 2: Here would impact a job of his pork order role at all, I mean, would.
Speaker 10: It mean it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I think you get kind of where you want to get. You know, we don't want to we want to have enough enough guys. You wanta have enough guys. There's a lot of snaps. You got about twelve hundred snaps in the season. You need all those guys.
Speaker 5: Brandon Stevens, he's consistently sometimes he's a lot of plays.
Speaker 9: Some of you makes out him.
Speaker 3: What's the next thing for him?
Speaker 6: You should have build up the gams and to make more places.
Speaker 3: If you want to be well. I mean, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: You know, at corner you'll see he's making a ton of plays, you know, all week and then today again. So uh, you know, we've had him all around and one of his strengths is versatility. And I feel like, you know, right now he's back at corner because we needed him back there, because he's good at it, and he's done nothing but play really well. Maybe he's played better outside than anywhere. I think he's played played well everywhere, But I think he's his best place in my eye have been outside even so, Uh, that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 7: That's the one handed cash from you've seen here.
Speaker 2: No, he's had like he's a new he's AD five, five or six though, that's kind of his thing. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't. I can't rate him any ten. They're caught.
Speaker 2: I'm happy. Was he in bounds on that? Well, we'll see it. It's under review. We'll see it in our team meeting later. Oh wait, he must have caught it then, Yeah, laughing that.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, appreciate it makes you feel better, you know it does, Davis or that's just a part of his point. It's just trying to get him back. I mean it's you know, he's he's getting there. You know, he gets a little sore than the next day. So I'm really I'm I'm anxious, and he's anxious. He wants to get back out there, and he'll be out there. You know, he might play Monday.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't, you know, he should be fine next week. But very hopeful for him to get out there and play.
Speaker 1: Next up is defensive tackle, Travis Jones.
Speaker 5: Trafs, Just how do you feel like like your camp skilling and where have you made it the get strats from your rookie year of this year?
Speaker 11: I feel like this year with my past rush, having a plan when I'm rushing Chuck Smith' helped me out a lot. Helped me out a lot with that from last year.
Speaker 5: Is there any kind of pass rush?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: Like what kind of is it moves?
Speaker 3: What kind of moves?
Speaker 11: I I can't. I can't say right now. I wanna, I do wanna put it out to everybody.
Speaker 7: Do you have an idea for what your singing sphere it is?
Speaker 11: I like to chot drive. Yeah, I like that a lot. Trevors Or, was it like in the wait before you're doing the off season?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 11: During the old sense for me, I was up here the whole time training with Scott and them and they, uh, they were just up here, gave me right me Brody, that's uh, working together and building that brotherhood.
Speaker 5: A certain area you want to work well.
Speaker 9: Nah.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to get stronger and everything bench squad, especially when I get a little bit stronger in my court.
Speaker 9: For some Yeah, it looked like the.
Speaker 5: One on ones with the Commanders D Line airline. That was intense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was fun. It was fun.
Speaker 3: D Line.
Speaker 5: I mean it looks like you guys have really bond together and have kind of an attitude like play with the physicality.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the D line. Yeah, for the D line or two.
Speaker 11: Our attitude is not to just doesn't go out there and dominate and lay try to get the last push. Don't let them push you last. And that's it right there.
Speaker 5: So you're talking to Clowny before practice.
Speaker 2: What's what's the excitement level for you guys bringing an accomplished player.
Speaker 9: Like that to the menu. Yeah?
Speaker 11: I just met Clowney yesterday and he already fitted the room perfect. He's a good guy, open book. You asked him anything, he gonna tell you the truth. Yeah, it's gonna be fun this yere have him on the team.
Speaker 9: Try.
Speaker 7: I think Pierce has talked about how that preseason injured you had.
Speaker 9: Last year might have set you back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in retrospect, you know what kind of fact you think I had on the rookie year.
Speaker 9: Uh, there's no excuses.
Speaker 11: I feel like I could have played better with my rookie year, but that knee injury, knee a jury. It helped me back a little bit, but I'm moving on from that now. Yeah, do you think.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be situations where you and Pierce might be on the field at the same time or do you think it'll likely be either or.
Speaker 11: Most of the probably go line or something like that, because we both big bodies. It's gonna be hard to run the ball against us.
Speaker 1: Last, but not at least here's rookie outside linebacker Tavis Robinson.
Speaker 5: I think it's just how do you feel like your your first training camps going.
Speaker 10: It's been really good so far, you know, been learning a lot, getting better day by day, and I just think we have we have a great room of veterans, you know. I've been learning so much from Dafe and Jabbo day by day and both coach we even coach Chuck been learning a lot from them as well.
Speaker 9: So it's been good so far.
Speaker 10: What have you picked up from Chuck lot, It's lots of pass orus moves and how to set up different moves and stuff like that, using my power to compliment off of my finesse, and really just when we get into the film and get into the details of past, which She's been really great at that for sure.
Speaker 5: So what's it like seeing clown.
Speaker 10: A great me and him been chopping up already, you know, talking past us already. We're doing one on ones today, So it's good to have another vet in the room to pick his brain and learn as much as I can for sure.
Speaker 9: So physically about him, he's.
Speaker 10: Fast, he's got a great get off, which I saw today, and he's got good moves and again he's been in the game for a long time, so so he knows a lot. And again, just excited to learn from him as well.
Speaker 6: So it's this WORKFLOWD been like if we your first time trade.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's been. It's been very similar to college. I feel like at Old Miss we had around the same schedule, you know. So it hasn't been too bad. Of course, the body's a little sore, but it's the grind that's what comes with it. So it's good for sure.
Speaker 2: As you think about where you can make your mark for sure, and where you can find a way to get on the.
Speaker 10: Field, what do you what do you think really wherever you know special teams, I want to be a dominant special teams player wherever I can be physical on both defense and special teams. You know, I'm on kickoff right now, so just really being physical at the point of attack and coming in with heavy hands, that type of thing.
Speaker 7: So how good do you guys think you could.
Speaker 9: Be as a ruys time?
Speaker 7: Pature was great last year at you and getting my years back, and you guys talked about the coals for this this group.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, we we know we can be great and that's the plan. That's how we attack every day at practice. You know, you got to earn the right to rush the pass or so stopping the run is the most important thing to start for sure.
Speaker 1: So thank you for listening to Ravens Press Past. Make sure you're subscribed, leave it rating your review, go over and do the same for the Lounge podcast. We just had five hundred episodes and Gary and I also broke down for you this morning the big additions of Jadavion Clowney and Ronald Darby and previewed what you want to watch for in the upcoming Monday night football Priests and Gametee and the Ravens and Commanders.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with you after Monday Night's game.