Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome In episode on What's Right with Nick Wright, we went very long in the previous on Tuesday's episode, I'll be honest, We've gone long in about ninety percent of these episodes in our history. Today is going to be a tight forty minutes. We have a ton you don't believe me. Noor, my daughter is here with us. As you can see, she and I are wearing matching sweatshirts. More on that in the moment if you're watching on YouTube, and by in a moment, I mean at the end of the show. Also on Tuesday show, we had a very somber and serious final half hour. Really today, even though there's been more news and more stories similar to the ones we discussed, most notably the Texas shooting of the cheerleader who got into the wrong car, just harfying incident. Today we are going to try to have fun, just talk sports and a little bit of life, but fun life stuff. But first, here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Not on the show. The A's moving to Vegas. Vegas pretty soon gonna be a four pro sport team city. They already have the Golden Night hockey team, the Raiders football team, They're about to have the Oakland A's Sorry for my friends in Oakland, that really sucks. And Lebron's gonna bring a basketball team there at some point. That'll be a four team city. It also, one day, I think will be the city where I live once. What you don't you just winced the young lady. You don't think I'll ever live in Vegas. I didn't say that your mom wants to open a Trentage in Vegas. I'm one day gonna be a professional poker player. There's no reason for me to not live in Las Vegas. Calvin Ridley says, he's a fourteen hundred yard type of player, and I might be losing my blue check mark. They have been I don't care about losing the blue check mark. They have been saying, say it again, No, no, this.
Speaker 3: Is he's so gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: No zero percent chance am I gonna buy it. What I will say is it is. And again I'm not a Galaxy brain marketing genius. However, the blue check mark went, oh wow, they just made it evaporate on the screen. At one point was kind of a status symbol, but still a bit of a status symbol. And now the big deal to get a check it was, it was a big deal. And now within six months of taken over the company, I think the new owner has made having a check mark be something you actively don't want because people see it and think you paid for Twitter. It's a free service and you're paying them half the price in Netflix, just so you can have longer tweets and a blue check mark. Now, what I will miss, I will say is if you have the old school verified check mark, I can go to my mentions and only see mentions from verified users. That was useful. So if colleagues or athletes were trying to reach out to me. I saw it that way without having to go through all the tweets of people photoshopping my head on other people's bodies and horrible things. So that part all missed. But no, I ain't paying for no eight dollars a month for no blue check mark DIORA. Let's get to today's show.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Lakers lost to the Grizzlies without Job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If they can't beat the team a team without their best player, how are they ever going to win the finals? Okay? So do you think you overreacted to Game one?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't. Okay, but I will tell you right now. This will be a good test case for whomever your favorite media personalities are, whoever you consume, and how whether or not they understand how the NBA works, or whether or not they are simply trying to give you the hottest Lakers take imagine them. Here's what Four teams went on the road and one game one of their playoff series. There's eight series in four them. The home team won game one and game two, so that would be of course Denver, Philly, Boston, and who am I leaving out as the other one, the Denver, Philly, Boston is that it? Maybe that's it. Those teams went took care of home court. Those series are two to two, right, Oh, and Sacramento light the damn beam. That's why I was forgetting. I knew it was four of them. Four teams lost their opening game of the playoffs as the home team, the Grizzlies, the Suns, the Bucks, and the Cavs. What did all four of those teams then do for Game two? They are desperate. The other team relaxes a bit because they had to steal one. They already stole one. All four of those teams, the Clippers, the Bucks, the the Calves, and the Grizzlies came back and the Sun's pardon me, and one game two to salvage a split. Now you might say, yeah, Nick, but the Grizzlies didn't have John Morant. I understand that. But the Grizzlies are more equipped to play without John Morant than any team in the league is equipped to play without their best player. Over the last two seasons, with Joh, they win sixty three percent of their games. Over the last two seasons, they have played fifty games five zero games without Job. The winning percentage actually goes up a tick. They win sixty six percent of their game. Now, are they better without joh Of course not. But are they more equipped than any other team in the league to win without their superstar? Of course they are because they they are such a great defensive team. They don't have to score a ton of points to win games. They are tough, they are well coached. Now does so what am I concerned about from last night's Lakers game? It is not that, oh my god, you lost to the team without Jah. It is that D'Angelo Russell after the game, and he's been brutal lately after a two of eleven to five point game, was asked about being a point guard for this team, and he was like, I'm not a point guard for this team. I'm not a point guard. I'm just a basketball player. He already seems, let's call it, a little annoyed with his role, which is frustrating because right when he got back to the Lakers, he played so well in his role, they were already talking about out having him be the long term solution at point guard instead of Kyrie Irving. The other reason this is concerning if you're the Lakers, when it comes to Angelo Russell. Last year in the postseason with the Minnesota Timberwolves, D'Angelo Russell twelve points a game on thirty three percent shooting. This year, through two games of the postseason, twelve points a game on thirty two percent shooting. They need him to be better. I think a lot of people today are going to be criticizing Anthony Davis. He was bad offensively, it was not. However, you cannot say he wasn't locked into yesterday's game because once again he was dominant defensively. The reason the Lakers lost yesterday was because D'Angelo went two of eleven. They got nothing, absolutely nothing off their bench aside from Rum, who once again was excellent, and they couldn't hit a shot. And then you add to it that Anthony Davis went four or fourteen. That's not a recipe to win the game. So the Lakers relaxed a bit. The Grizzlies were desperate, just like by the way, Clippers relaxed a bit. The Suns were desperate, The Heat relaxed a bit, The Bucks without Giannis were desperate, The Knicks relaxed a bit, The Calves were desperate. It is very rare the road team wins both of the opening two games. So no, it is not panic time in Los Angeles. And I think you will see a sense of urgency in game three for the Lakers that you did not see in game two. What's your follow up? Do you were?
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts on Dylan Brooks comments towards your bestie?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Dylan Brooks your enemy? Now, no, he's not my end. Listen, He's a cartoon character, Dylan Brooks. Listen. I there is a long line of Dylan Brooks. The first was Deshaun Stevenson, who tried to chirp at Lebron, and then Lebron came out and said, uh, this would be like jay Z replying to Soldier Boy. Then because of that, Soldier Boy himself showed up to the next game. Then because of that, jay Z dropped a disc track on Soldier Boy and Deshaun Stevenson. That of course ended with Lebron dispatching of Deshaun Stevenson and the Washington Wizards. Then the next Dylan Brooks there was was Lance Stephenson. Lance Stephenson chirped at Lebron. They're not related. What's up to your Lance Stevenson. You maybe have seen him play.
Speaker 3: I mean he just from something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well, Deshaun Stevenson's name wasn't a song. Lance Stephenson, maybe's name was in a song. Lance chirped at Lebron, including during a playoff game, once blowing in Lebron's ear to try to get under his skin. That, of course, went with Lebron repeatedly sending Lance Stevenson's pacers home for the playoffs. Then there was Draymond Green, the best version of any of these players. Draymond Green chirped at Lebron and then punched Lebron, punched, slapped Lebron in the groin. That ended with Draymond being suspended, Lebron winning three straight, and then Draymond literally crying in the parking lot after losing the finals, calling Kevin Durant and asking him to come save him. And oh it was in a Nicki Minaj song. You just found it, Lance Stevenson. Yeah, okay, there you go. So and now there's Dylan Brooks. Dylan Brooks said Lebron's old. Dylan Brooks said that he doesn't respect anyone until he scores forty on him Dylan Brooks had all this chirpin, and as soon as that happened, everyone on Twitter was like, oh boy, can't wait to bet the Lebron over props for Game three. He's gonna score forty, He's gonna score fifty. None of those people know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: No one knows who they're talking about except for you.
Speaker 2: Right well, when it comes to certain things, you're.
Speaker 3: Not supposed to agree on that.
Speaker 2: When it comes to certain things, it would appear I'm the only person that hold on that. I'm the only person that has watched Lebron for the last twenty years. The idea that because Dylan Brooks talk trash, Lebron is going to change his approach in the playoffs is utter nonsense.
Speaker 3: It won't happen, blasphemy.
Speaker 2: It's it is. He goes against who Lebron always has been as a basketball player. He's not going to all of a sudden making a one on one battle with him and Dylan Brooks. It's just not gonna happen. Now, if he gets the opportunity late in the series, when the Lakers have full control to embarrass Brooks, will hey, maybe, But is he gonna go out there say I'm gonna go get my forty. No, not who he is as a player. And by the way, I got no quarrel with Dylan Brooks. This is who he is. He's a cartoon character. He's a wrestling heel. That Yeah. In wrestling, a face is a good guy. A heel is a bad guy. Uh. And that's who he wants to be, and that's how he's carved out his niche in this league. He's a good defender, he's an abysmal offensive player, and he is the kind of emotional support of this team. But it's not gonna end well for him. But I don't think it's because Lebron's gonna go out and try to score forty in Game three, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, after stepping on Sabonis in Game two, Draymond was suspended for Game three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The NBA said draymond excessive and over the top actions in his history as a repeat offender played a huge role in the decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You keep saying that the Warriors are going to be done with Draymond. Yeah, So two questions for you, okay, One, are you okay with Draymond's history factoring in his suspension and two. Are you ready for another Warrior's take to age poorly?
Speaker 2: All right, let me deal with the second one first. The Warriors are cooked h and this take one age poorly. Save all the clips, get ready to send them to No my Warriors take last year did age poorly. I've been wrong on them before, I'm not wrong this year. Sacramento is better than them. They were better than them in the regular season, They've been better than them in the postseason. Both of these games have been tied with six minutes left and the Kings have out executed. Now on the Draymond party, Am I okay with this hit street factoring in his suspension? Of course I am. It would be ridiculous for it not to. And I want to show you something. Do youra and you can tell the audience.
Speaker 3: He's definitely not staying under forty minutes.
Speaker 2: If you okay? If you type in to YouTube Draymond Green kicks, read what it auto fills. Just go down the list. Read them on.
Speaker 3: Adams Kicks, Lebron Kicks, Lebron James Kicks, Kicks, James Harden Kicks, the Bonus, Steven Adams twice, Yeah Kicks, Nuts Kicks, Yeah Kicks, fan out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there it is. Google. No, there's another one. There's two more names near the bottom that we haven't gotten to.
Speaker 3: Herb Jones, yeah fan and kri Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 2: So if you type go to YouTube and type in Draymond Green kicks, they're like, oh boy, we know you're talking about him kicking a person, But man, which is it Steven Adams? Is it Lebron? Is it James Harden? Is it Demonte Sabonis? Is it Herb Jones? Is it Kyrie Irving? Guys, of course his history should factor in. And here's the other thing, Draymond, his history helps him a lot. So guy Draymond does things on the court. After calls that ninety percent, Dylan Brooks says this too, by the way, that ninety percent of players would get a technical for okay, but because he always does it, the refs let it go. It's similar. I'll use a family analogy.
Speaker 3: They're about to say something that's gonna make me mad.
Speaker 2: No, it won't make you mad. I think you'll agree it's similar. So I am not a yeller, not like I'm not the yeller in the household. Mom.
Speaker 3: Is he's yelling right now?
Speaker 2: Just Okay, yeah, no, I always talk like this, but like I'm not. So this is my point. When Deanna, your little sister, if Mommy yells at her, she takes it in stride because Mommy's a bit of a yeller. If I yell at her, she breaks down immediately. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I think that's what any of us though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I yell it correct because it's out of the character. And again, Danielle's a better parent than me. I'm not I'm not indicting anything there, but she just runs a little hotter in these scenarios. Draymond gets away with so much because he has smartly baked it into who he is. Go ahead, or like.
Speaker 3: When someone who gets all d's get gets a C plus and then everyone's like, you did amazing.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. And if someone has straight a's and gets a B that it's like, what the hell happened? It's exactly right. It's what you expect and did you meet or exceed those expectations. So Draymond benefits from his history a lot, but his history also factors in too. When you stomp on a guy's chest, the league's gonna look at that. And I said this on TV. I'll say it again because they said his press conference and his history onics after the stomp hurt him. If Draymond after doing this didn't in try to incite the crowd and then at the press conference. So I'll be Draymond Green, you be the reporter. Ask me about the stump, and I will tell you what Draymond should have said. And I don't think he gets suspended.
Speaker 3: So what happened with the stump? Why did you stop on?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know, so, I'm really glad. I knew I was gonna be asked that. I'm really glad you asked. So. As you guys saw, I couldn't believe they threw me out of the game. I've now seen, you know, Coach showed me the video and now I understand why they threw me out of the game. It looks awful, and I know because of my history what everybody thinks. I want to tell you guys. If you see in the video he grabs my ankle. It's a tight game where in the fourth quarter the ball's going up court, I am trying to go ahead.
Speaker 3: Nothing he did in the video it looked like he was about to run correct and then after he stomped on him, he did a whole.
Speaker 2: Like jump exactly so this would have been plausible. I wouldn't have believed it, but it would have been plausible. This is so again. I'm Draymond again. So if you guys see the ball's going up court, he's grabbing my ankle. I am trying to get back in the play. He's a big, strong guy. I am trying to pull my foot out and run up court. Because he was holding onto me, I ended up. It does look like a stump, but that's me running. I'm trying to get up court. I didn't mean to land on him, but I was. The reason that was so forceful was because I was trying to get my foot out and go. So listen, I'll see Domas tomorrow or at the next game. I hope he understands, because, yeah, that looked awful, but I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was trying to get back in the play. I honestly believe now I'm back to being me. If he said that they don't suspend.
Speaker 3: Him, they wouldn't have been he but he just was like, yeah, he grabbed my foot exactly right.
Speaker 2: He was his pride got in the way. He he wanted to play the victim card and he wanted to make it like, what did you expect me to do? This is? He said, yeah, they And by the way, some people did some media did they the he said, they grabbed my ankle two games in a row. What do you want me to do? And the entwer is not that. Now. One other thing about the media on this, and this is maybe why I don't have as many friends as I should. The some of my colleagues hyper ventilating about how the league has done the Warriors wrong is embarrassing. First of all, the idea that the Warriors are getting screwed by the officials is belied by the video, by the facts on the ground, and by logic, which is the league with like nothing more than a Lakers Warriors or Grizzlies Warriors round two. That's what's good for business, that's first of all. Second of all, the idea that now there's an asterisk on this series, give me a goddog break. Before the Draymond suspension was announced, the Warriors were eight point home favorites. Now this morning, with Draymond not playing, they are six point home favors. So many of the people who are saying this forever Mars the series, expect the Warriors to win tonight. I expect the Warriors to win tonight. They're at home, They're desperate. They should be. They're not gonna get swept. They should be able to win tonight. And it's just I understand. Draymond's got friends everywhere. He works for Colin and does a podcast for him, He works with TNT. I get all of it. Guys, give me a break. He is who he is. He is an all time great player who is a dirty player who can't control himself, and this is the cost of doing business. And he's now twice been suspended from critical playoff games for his team. Part of the resume. We all acknowledged it with Dennis Rodney. We nobody was making excuses for Dennis rodmen great player, integral part of multiple championships, and a live wire. Maybe I'm not gonna be as fast as I thought.
Speaker 3: Next I was about to say, TikTok yeah, okay. Booker and KD had big games for the Suns, who tied the series after dropping Game one, but it's clear just how flawed this team is Yeah, the bench only had thirteen points. Monty Williams still doesn't seem to have his rotation down after the KD trade. Yeah, And even if they escape round one, are the Suns going to regret the KD trade? I think they will? You do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How come?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just like they gave up so much and it's a small window. So here's the thing. It is hard to say you're gonna regret acquiring Kevin Durant when Durant's been so great yakay. However, and that team before the KD trade, that version of the Suns, in my opinion, was not going to win anything this year, and now they do have a real chance at But Katie, of all the players in the NBA Playoffs so far, the two will have played the most minutes are Kevin Durant and Devin Booker. Chris Paul, who is my age, has played the twelfth most minutes. That's not sustainable and there is a real concern, a real concern. The longer this series with the Clippers goes that then in the next round against Denver at altitude, which is a huge factor for every sport, road team's going to Denver, the thin air and them not being able to keep up there, oh yeah, and them not being able to keep up their stamming that they're going to be out of gas. And and if this team doesn't at least make the finals or win the championship this year, that is a heavy bill coming due for Durant, who has been injured repeatedly over the last four years in his mid to late thirties. Chris Paul, who maybe has one year left. They don't regret it yet, but that was a huge dice roll the new owner did so, mattish bee A bought the team and within twenty four hours they traded for Durant. He wanted to make a huge splash, and I get it. You can get Kevin bleeping Durant. But Michale Bridges has been excellent for the Nets. We'll get to see him this weekend when we go to the game. And Cam Johnson's been good for the Nets and they have four picks coming. So it is not a home run for the Suns, that's for sure, and we'll see how it ages all right.
Speaker 3: Last one, Okay, the Athletic released their anonymous NBA player poll Tuesday. We have all heard the headlines, goat standings, MVP Trey being oh by righted.
Speaker 2: Oh but I like that. That was good.
Speaker 3: But a few things stood out to me and the producers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see him. Let's see so the what's the question for me, diora on this?
Speaker 3: What is the under the radar result that no one is talking about yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's show the first one and we can discuss it. Drew Holiday one for best defender and most underrated player, So best defender. I really care what players say. I don't always sometimes I think uh players are too close to it. But who gives me the most trouble when he's guarding me? The fact that Drew Holiday ran away with it really is meaningful to me. And shout out to Lougan's Dort for coming in second. Then the next one, I've also already seen the article, so I knew what it was. The next one is that more players said they'd want to build their team around Jokic than Luca. Now it's one hundred and four votes voters total. That means two more guys picked Jokic than Luca. Jannis obviously ran away with it. I think it's hilarious that a few people picked Lebron even though he's in year twenty. Now, I'm gonna be building your team around him very long, I think, Luka, if I'm another here's the thing, Jokic, If you're a star player, or even a fringe star, Jokic would be more fun to play with because he's such a willing passer. And Luca is a very good passer, but he's so ball dominant. But the answer to that question is obviously Yannis. And then the last one, James Johnson is the player no one wants to fight. This guy, diora James Johnson. He's got a twenty and oh record in kickboxing. But that's not the impressive thing. I mean, that is impressive. When he was with the Miami Heat, you ere they had a ball basketball stuck between the rim and the backboard. You know that happens sometimes.
Speaker 3: He you know, I played basketball. You know, well, I know what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I saw what you did? Play?
Speaker 3: I participate, a baby, I was a good player.
Speaker 2: Participated. What do you, baby?
Speaker 3: I was the best defender on the team.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, if that's how you remember it, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I was a good player. I just wasn't good with the rules.
Speaker 2: The rules or the dribbling of the shooting.
Speaker 3: That's not I that is not true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I will not let him strag my name in the dirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I just shot in the wrong bast Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a few times.
Speaker 3: A few times.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about it. In the second grade. This was high school.
Speaker 3: No, it was it. It was eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Okay, eighth grade.
Speaker 3: It was eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Okay. So back to James Johnson. So the basketball was stuck between the rim and the backboard.
Speaker 3: Huh he.
Speaker 2: Round house kicked it out.
Speaker 3: Insane.
Speaker 2: Think about that. He got high enough off the ground and did like a spinning kick to dislidge the basketball.
Speaker 3: So really badly. He could have just jumped up and.
Speaker 2: He could get of course he could have. He could get his foot to ten feet off the ground. It's crazy. That is crazy. And then what's the last one you eora, Because in the goat pole it went like this, fifty eight percent Michael, thirty three percent Lebron, six percent Kobe, one percent Russell, and one percent Tracy McGrady.
Speaker 3: Who do you think voted t MAC best players.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Here's what I do know, it is it is the same I like ideology that it's like, man is Kyrie Irving one of the greatest point guards ever. It's when you disconnect yourself from what it actually takes to like have a sustained, great, long, winning career and just look at the talent. Because Tracy mcgrady's almost talented guys. Ever, Tracy McGrady got a little unlucky on some of the winning stuff. I'm not calling him Kyrie in that regard. And Tracy McGrady at his apex Apex Tracy McGrady versus Kobe Bryant was a real conversation for a couple of years. Uh so. I But by the way, the erasure there? Who do the there are? In my opinion, I think there's only three people who you credibly can argue as the greatest player ever lebron On, Kareem and Jordan. There are another four that if you wanted to make the argument, I think you could create one. Do you have any guesses or you just want me to say it? I can guess, Okay, go ahead, Kobe, Kobe. Kobe is not to me one of those guys. And here's the reason why Kobe was trying to be Michael Jordan. Came closer than anyone ever has to being Michael Jordan, but was not and was not as good as Michael Jordan. So there's no argument that can possibly be made.
Speaker 3: So you don't think someone could make the argument that he's the best player.
Speaker 2: Some people do. I think they're ridiculous because he has an exact archetype. It was Jordan, and Jordan was better. So do you understand what I mean? Like he so he is just a ninety percent of Jordan. So if Jordan exists, he can't be the best ever. So he and you know what I said, there's only seven guys all expanded to eight guys that I again incredibly, I can only argue for three lebron Kareem and Jordan. However, if you wanted to argue for Wilt Chamberlain, who averaged fifty points a game one year, had one hundred point game, has all the records, I'll listen to it. If you wanted to argue for Magic Johnson, one of the ones you could argue it, I'll listen to it. If you wanted to argue for who's the I said, I said there was, Oh, Bill Russell. I'll obviously listen to it. He won eleven championships in thirteen years play and the last two are the hardest arguments, but I would listen to it. If you want to argue for Shack simply saying at his most dominant, no one was as good as he was, I'll listen to it. And sneaky. If you want to argue for Steph be like, shooting's pretty important. He is unanimously accepted is the greatest shooter ever. He is as good of a teammate as anyone ever. I'll listen to those arguments. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: But you think that we can all agree that Lebron is the best player playing right.
Speaker 2: Now, No, I don't think. I don't even think that. Yeah, that is correct. And Lebron, I don't think right now is one of the three best players playing. Okay, he's in year twenty, he's.
Speaker 3: The But you think if Lebron was at his prime playing the people right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's no question. Okay, peak Lebron the only player ever, Players ever who peak Lebron versus their peak would be a question. Is peak Shack, peak Kareem and peak Michael. Okay, Jannis is an all timer, but peak Lebron. No, but he's but he's year twenties, thirty eight, he's right now.
Speaker 3: Is at his prime right now. I think he can only get better.
Speaker 2: Jannis can get a little better, but he doesn't need to get better to be the best player in the league. He can add a few things to his game. All Right, we went fifteen minutes over Who knew? I said the whole show is going to be forty minutes. We're already at thirty five minutes? Quick break? Right back? What's right? All right? Welcome back? In episode one forty four? What's right with Nick? Right? Do you or? That was your best segment ever? You were excellent there? You do that? What do you mean last reinforcement? You're new to this.
Speaker 3: And the people in the comments agree with me too.
Speaker 2: What it's a little patronizing.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's a little patronizing.
Speaker 2: Do you are I am a What year is it? Twenty twenty three? I've been doing this, okay for more than fifteen years.
Speaker 3: It's really cool.
Speaker 2: I'm one of America's most respected and beloved broadcasting.
Speaker 3: If they say that or you said that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just generally accepted, and I am. I am mentoring you in a trade you do you you know like you should just be I don't give false praise. What is that? But we don't do this together. I'm telling you in this for these forty to sixty five minutes, six twice a week, we are. We are father and daughter. But we said that where that relationship pauses? What once we walk in this room right now?
Speaker 3: We like to stay the wilds like a between takes. You did really good there, Yeah, give me a high five.
Speaker 2: I don't do a high five. But of course he's learning. He's new to this.
Speaker 3: I've been wild.
Speaker 1: You hear this?
Speaker 2: While it's true now, I don't say it to brew because Bruce's been doing it longer than me. But I mean occasionally, I like, you know, give him like the broadcaster version of like a pad on the bed.
Speaker 3: They walk, they say to each other like see the way he said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe they do. But then they also you know, probably say you know when they're not around each other. Man, good thing Nick's around. Man, he really carried us today. No, I'm kidding. While we're a team, where we're three ways money.
Speaker 3: Edit that.
Speaker 2: No, don't send it to them. I was kidding. Brew and Wilde are great teammates. Ever, uh and I'm trying to think it was analogy here. No, they're great. You know, we're a big three. I mean, now if we were to in a big three, like who's Lebron, who's the Wade? Who's Bosh?
Speaker 3: Like somebody has to edit this and set like we all know this is not okay.
Speaker 2: I know who Lebron is, but what what I don't understand? You think there's like a real question like, oh.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get canceled.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna get canceled. They're my teammates and I love them and the you know, the the group is greater than something. Okay, all right, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Dua said he was considering retirement after his concussions last year. However, he decided to come back, saying how hard it would be a walk away. The Dolphins can't be thrilled with their situation. Could Miami be a sleeper for a QB in the draft?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Keep in mind, remember they lost their first round pick because of the tampering with Brady, so they don't have like the extra draft capital move up. I'm sure they're nervous about his long term future. However, Uh, he's their quarterback for this year, unless, of course, they try to sign Tom Brady again Brady comes out of retirement. But no, they're not going to draft a quarterback. And in fact, you know what, that's it. We're gonna move on to a game now. I told you we're gonna go faster. Also, by the way, we are gonna do your questions and comments today in the C block, So you put those in the chat now and we'll compile them if you haven't already. All right, what's the game we're doing?
Speaker 3: We're playing this or that? Yeah, So our first one is there are two There were two other games last night as well, Heats, but Heat Bucks and Nuggets Timberwolves. Pick one to discuss, Miami Milwaukee or Minnesota Denver.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna pick them both.
Speaker 3: That wasn't all right Miami when they hit.
Speaker 2: Twenty five Milwaukee twenty five threes and now you maybe have extra time to rest. Be honest, you need to Minnesota. Denver was interesting because Denver it looked like Minnesota was just okay, fair enough, it looked like Minnesota was just not gonna show up for the series. They got blown out in Game one, and in Game two they were getting blown out at halftime, and then in the second half last night, Anthony Edwards was spectacular. I give him credit. Rudy Gobert was quite good as well, and they took the lead in that game. Unfortunately for them, Carl Anthony Towns hasn't shown up yet. And Carlyn the Town's number one pick of the draft on a super max contract. He's gotta be better. They can't win this series no matter what, but he's got to be better or else. And I know we're gonna talk about Trey Young later. Carl and the Towns could be on the trade block. Minnesota traded their whole future for Rudy gob thinking they're gonna contend right now with Towns, Edwards Gobaar. They end up be in the eight seed. Now. I know Towns missed sixty games, but he's gotta be better, flatly, all right?
Speaker 3: Next report say that teams have been calling out the forty nine ers, calling about calling about the forty nine ers QB Trey Lance, Yeah, GM, John Lynch has said Brock Party.
Speaker 2: These names are just so, They're just people's names.
Speaker 3: Okay, is the starter.
Speaker 2: Should be making fun of people's names.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, have a really cool name.
Speaker 2: Actually, go ahead.
Speaker 3: But even Party is not sure if he'll be ready to play. The forty nine ers should Trey Tray or keep Trey?
Speaker 2: You have to keep track they listen, Obviously, the forty nine ers have soured on Trey Young a bit Trey Lance. Pardon me, but you can't. You traded three first round picks for the guy he calls almost nothing. You haven't seen him play yet. You'd be trading him at his nadir value wise, at his lowest possible point. That's the thing I like to do. Sometimes use a fancy word and then say the sentence again. But in the place of the fancy word, define it. You know what I mean. Like, he's a good way of making.
Speaker 3: Sure everything is what patronizing means.
Speaker 2: Well, it's patronizing a bit that I just acknowledge that I do it. It's a little wink to like our smarter listeners and viewers. When I do, I understand.
Speaker 3: If anybody wants to log off.
Speaker 2: No, don't log off. They got to keep him. They got to keep him. You can't trade him when his value has never been lower. And it also I don't Rock Purty. You're in the exact same situation we were with Jimmy Garoppolo, like a very physically limited game managing quarterback, and this one's coming off an injury.
Speaker 3: Next Okay, the Panthers will be picking first in the draft A week from today. The Panthers will select Bryce Young or CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 2: It seems like Bryce Young. There was a lot of momentum towards c J. Stroud, and then a lot of reporters that I trust said it's over, it's Bryce Young. I think it's Bryce Young. I wouldn't draft Bryce Young. He's your size. He's way too small. He's not quite your size, but he's tiny. Listen, Bryce seems like a great kid, and he was excellent at Alabama, excellent. The size is to me just a red line. Don't anyone that is the biggest, would be the biggest ever or the smallest ever concerns me. It's what I said about Kyler, and what have we seen with Kyler dealt with a bunch of injuries, Very very difficult to be the tiniest quarterback in the NFL. That's what Bryce Young would be trying to accomplish. Next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Josh Allen says he needs to adapt and change his playing style to avoid taking hits and putting himself at risk by running the ball. Yeah, this is a wise move or a red flag both.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. He's got to do this. I was saying all year long, he had to do this. The reason so it's a wise move. The reason it's also a red flag is I don't know if he's accurate enough to be what he's supposed to be, which is a top three quarterback in this league, if he removes the running as a huge part of his game. Part of what makes Josh Allen special is he's like a Bison back. There no pun intended with the bills, and he can run through people and run over people even the best part of their running game. But he needs to get better on the layup throws. And I'd be very interesting to watch because I do think he's got to protect himself. I do think he has to run the ball less. It was crazy how much Jeopardy was putting himself in. But that means he needs to become a more refined passer. If they're going to compete for a super Bowl like everyone's been promising me, Buffalo's going to next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Demonte's probably enjoyed. The Celtics have demoralized the Hawks. Yeah, and Trey Young was also voted the league's most overrated player. Yeah, no one has this guy's back in the entire sports media world. The Hawk should trade him or keep him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta trade him. Hopefully it changes scene or he helps. I've got a fun trade. You guys want to know my favorite three team, Tray Young trade. Here we go, Tray Young to Portland.
Speaker 3: They need to They need to.
Speaker 2: Portland's great city. I think you'd like Portland. It's never been, but it seems nice. Uh, Tray Young to Portland. They need to get younger and kind of reboot. Dame to Philly. Damon Embiid would be as good of a duo as there is in the league. And then Philly sends Maxi, Tobias Harris, and a draft pick or two to Atlanta. They can have Dejante, Murray and Maxie as their backcourt, add another scorer and Tobias. That's a trade. Send it in, Send it Soon's the Hawks get bounced. Depending on what happens with Philly. Send that in whether Harden stays or leaves, that trade works, Dame de Philly, Maxie Harris and maybe a few picks to Atlanta and trade of Portland. Trade him next.
Speaker 3: So pick your next client for a surprise quick public defender Trey or Dre or secret answer Dylan.
Speaker 2: Brooks all defend Tree Young. All right, that's tough thing. Uh what do you think did you when you drafted this short, incredibly skinny guard out Oklahoma? Did you think my client was all of a sudden going to be a lockdown defender. Have you watched basketball all of us? You're like, oh, this guy, he's two ball dominant. You can't defend. Did you see my client in college? You did, didn't you? And despite that, you traded Luka Doncic for him. You traded you had Luca and you traded him for Trey Young. And now you're mad at Trey Young for being Trey Young. Don't know what you want? Uh, your honor? What about all the problems with coaches? I mean, we're not here to discuss that. Where is you asked? You asked Trey Young to what do you wanted to be all of a sudden, Tony Allen, not who he is. You want to play off the ball, not what he's ever done. Don't blame him for being him, blame yourself for trying to turn him into someone else. We're under the wire. We have some great tweets from Demanse. We explain these sweatshirts, it's not quite as simple as you think, and we answer your questions. That's all Next, What's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in episode one? What's right with Nick?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Wol Did you just try to introduce us back?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not your role.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take your place.
Speaker 2: That's that's not your role. You. I bring us in, I take us out. You add little comments in between. This is a clearer dichotomy here, and a clear separation of powers. Oh, I appreciate your precociousness. However, precociousness, however, let's be clear here about you know who the audience is here for and why the show exists. So let's not go a little too far. Someone who used to sit in that seat, Demonse now lives in Los Angeles. We have some tweets from you for you from Demanse to show you before we get to your listener questions and comments. Demons tweets the ending of this Dodger game genuinely got me excited. Demanse's baseball corner at get Nick right? Did that tweet really have three hundred and sixty thousand views? That's unbelievable. I love the idea of it. Also, Demanse took him three days in LA to start missing the bask in the glow the spotlight of the What's Right podcast, and already is pining to get back to it. Uh do you are? Also? Do you wanna? Do you want to tell the audience what you caught me doing yesterday before we get to Demande's next tweet? Well, you caught me doing In regards to Demanse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, we were sitting in the office and he's just like, just hold on, I hope is not watching this, but go on either way, I'll text him. We're just watching the game. And all of a sudden, my dad just pulls out his phone and checks Demonsey's okay sal quick and just goes hmm and then just put the back in his pocket.
Speaker 2: I can't help myself.
Speaker 3: You're insane.
Speaker 2: I know he's a grown man. He's a grown man.
Speaker 3: I know you are insane.
Speaker 2: I know. I just can't help myself. I just it was yesterday was his first day in the office in LA and it was right around the time that I know some people leave work, but Demond on his first day should not be leaving when everyone is leaving. So I just checked he was in the office. You did a good job, That's all. I just checked.
Speaker 3: Or like when I'm out, my dad has my location and he texts me, hey, where are you? Just like just a little tester, just see what's going on, and it'll be like school, like.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Some what some you know, a little tester. I just I don't.
Speaker 3: You're in insane.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: You're a little insane.
Speaker 2: No. I just like to know where my children are twenty four. I understand. But you know, we have a I have a I have a rule, which is I will continue to keep you guys on my phone plan that I pay for, and the only prerequisite is you have to share your location with me and the moment and at this.
Speaker 3: College is gonna be like you have class in the morning.
Speaker 2: Of course I am of course I am Are you kidding me? Yes, I am uh and listen. Deman's is a responsible, grown adult. But he also, I think understandably, has made the choice that the slight invasion of privacy is not worth eighty dollars a month to him. So because of that, you know it's a fair deal. Show me another Demanse tweet. This one's a classic, this one. This one was the day he bought a car. Different, Yeah you know why? So this one says, I feel like blinkers should be called winkers. The guy had a car fore bought a car, and twelve hours later is renaming things. The view difference is because I didn't retweet that one because I thought he would get roasted. But I didn't have to retweet it for our fearless leader producer Matt Ford to retweet it and him to say the following, which was, I'm glad you were able to find a dispensery. That picture, by the way, on there is so good. These are great Demandse photoshops. All right, so Demanse, we miss you, we love you, and you'll be back on the show before full I.
Speaker 3: Haven't heard from Demands since he left, really haven't heard from him. Once.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, well that's no good. Have you reached out to him? No, well you should, Okay, all right, now let's talk about these sweatshirts. So if you can read the sweatshirts, they say University of California, Santa Cruz. So up to twenty four hours ago, we were pretty certain Diorl was either going to University of California, Santa Cruz or, as we talked about on the show, you see Berkeley, who she's still waiting to hear back from. And once again, i'll remind any of our viewers, many of them, you know, work at University California, Berkeley. Many of them are in the admissions department, and they're like, oh my god, this is a very mature, smart, ery dyte young woman. We'd love to have her on campus. Well, we're waiting to hear back. But either way, those two colleges are both in northern California, three thousand plus miles away. I won't say this other school, do Youora, But Doora found out yesterday she was accepted to a different acting program in at a college in New York City with a very generous, nice scholarship. Because they really want you to go there, and.
Speaker 3: Now I don't want to be that close to him though.
Speaker 2: Now my beloved Scoote has a decision to make, which is she is either going to be down the street. Down the street is no, okay. She's either going to.
Speaker 3: Be on the other side of Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Right somewhere is in the same borough as me, or a six hour flight away. She's either going to be a ninety minute walk or a six hour flight. And I just don't know if I'm a deal.
Speaker 3: So everyone in California, no, okay, well.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait a second here, No, I don't want you to make any rash decisions here. And the what is true is this, if she ends up being accepted to Berkeley, I would imagine that ends up being a bit of a no brainer. But if if they make a grievous error and that you don't get accepted, there's a real decision to make. And I had already kind of come to terms with the fact that you were gonna be across the country. But now there's a chance. I'm saying, there's a chance.
Speaker 3: That he knows.
Speaker 2: No, I know there's a chance because you have because you know what, I think, there's a real chance because some of your best friends are staying in New York and so. But we'll see, we're gonna go visit UC Santa Cruz. We're gonna check that out. We'll go visit the school you got into here, We'll check it out. We'll do the whole thing. But that. But at the time being, that's why we're wearing these sweatshirts all right. Time to read questions. KCBD says, what are your thoughts with the chief sending Z eight flowers Texas work out with Mahomes? Is that normal for teams to I don't know if the Chiefs sent him or maybe they did. I Mahomes been working to a lot of receivers in this draft. I don't know if it's normal or not, but I like it. Uh, you all need to explain. How do you are a shot at the wrong basket in eighth grade?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's from Seahorn.
Speaker 3: Get. I got a little confused a few times, you know, like after halftime when the basket switch. I have really bad ADHD. You know, I get a little confused sometimes, forget Sometimes you know, when you're running to the basket, your team's yelling your name, You're not thinking, Oh, I must be doing something wrong. You're like, yeah, like everyone's cheering for me.
Speaker 2: You know what about the second time and you were running to the basket right, but you didn't have a momentere You're like, h I don't usually have fast break layups and they're yelling at me again, Maybe I should pause and regroup. Yeah, no, that's a good point. You know what defense from the Poker Odyssey my first time watching live. Does Nick drack his poker stats and is he a winning player? Yes? I do, and yes I am. Now I guess there's a caveat there. I did lose fifty thousand dollars in one heads up match with Phil Helmut, so that that is I guess if you incorporate that into the profit loss, it's a different story. Uh. However, that was almost a one off type of thing in a way that to me is not indicative of the overall skill. I'm a much higher I have a much higher win rate in PLO than I do in No Women Hold Them. Uh, but yeah, the answer is yes. Jackson Higknit says, any shot the Chiefs go get Michael Meyer in the draft. Kelsey can only be ageless for so long. I want the Chiefs to draft a tight end with a top one hundred pick because I want who. I want them to get a high level talent to learn under Kelsey for a couple of years, because obviously so much of Kelsey's brilliance is his technique and route running, and I would like him to teach that. Do you think Steph should leave Golden State to try and get Ring five. No, he's never gonna leave Golden State. And he just got Ring four last year, and Golden State will spend money, even if they have to reboot it a bit. It's gonna be hard to find a better position for him, especially when he's making sixty million a year. Has Duora ever beaten Demanse in basketball? If not, what game activity does she dominate him in? Never? In basketball? What'd you say? Deora is really good at risk and Demase be getting frustrated? Man, he is. Demanse is not good at losing board games. No, he gets real frustrated.
Speaker 3: But also when he's winning, he is such an annoying winner.
Speaker 2: It's not a great listen, this is why you weren't here. But there was one day on the pod he was talking about, Oh, I don't know if this's on the pod or not, so I might be exposing him. I don't mean to, but on or off the pod. One time he was like, I have a risk date planned, yeah, And I told him. I was like, I don't know about that, buddy. He was like, what do you mean. I'm like, you're kind of a bad loser and a bad winner, so I don't know how this goes. He gets really competitive, He gets really competitive and really frustrated. DIORA don't nine point two out of ten. Nine point two.
Speaker 3: Hi, everyone, thank you for a wonderful podcast. Time to go.
Speaker 2: What's right? Hey? It's nick Er right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And you're audio listeners. People that have commute strives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same shows, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate show.