Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Ryan.
Speaker 1: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Good Monday Morning, Monday. I know this is Tiny's favorite day of the week, so she's celebrating.
Speaker 3: I want you guys to think of Mondays differently. Actually, Mondays are mid for me.
Speaker 2: No really, No, here's why. If I think of Monday differently, Friday's less. Like I need money to be at a certain decibel, so Friday's higher. Yeah, Mom builds up as the week goes. Exactly. If there's no build, it's like having too much sugar, right right, Like if you have dessert every day, it's it. Doesn't you don't look forward to it on Friday?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 3: But then don't you love a reset Like I love a reset. It's like my favorite thing. And I feel like Monday is a reset.
Speaker 2: We have so much to do. Yeah, that's why I don't see it as a reset. I see it as the mountain.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, check the checklist of things that we need to get done, the need to get done for the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a game.
Speaker 5: That's why we're all different.
Speaker 2: Guys. Tanya say something, Well, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that mondays.
Speaker 2: Are you staring at me?
Speaker 3: Because Mondays are they set the tone for the week? Or you if you have a bad Monday, you're gonna well, let's say you have a good Monday, You're gonna have a good week.
Speaker 2: So there's the positive reinforcement you need. Then there's the realist in Sissy and I saying we got to climb them ountain. But fine, all we're all in it together. But he continues highs in the upper eighties, low hundreds inland. It's hot a week. So just to set it out this hour, I want to talk about this. If you and your partner are starting to feel a little lack of connection, maybe it's your Monday every day, then we'll let you know something that might help that spark come back immediately. We'll talk about that this hour. Okay, Ryan's roses next hour. So she came home early from work the other day. She found her with their bed stripped and the blinds closed. What's the bed strip? WHOA what'd you do in the bed? You had to strip the bed?
Speaker 5: Well, if they have kids, maybe one of the kids came in the bed.
Speaker 3: And pete or threw up, or maybe or maybe he had a fever and swept through the night.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, no noe.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you saying note like you know or he doesn't?
Speaker 2: I do? Oh I read some of the emails. Oh so that's a seven forty six Nags magic mound tickets every hour? First, how will your day shape up? Do you follow your star sign? Sistany Tanya, let's go for it.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna kick it off with aries. Sometimes saying nothing is saying at all.
Speaker 3: Taurus, try to get to the green today. Gemini, try meditating before you.
Speaker 5: Go to bed.
Speaker 1: Cancer, say hi to a stranger today.
Speaker 3: Leo, seek deeper to get the answer you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Virgo, listen to an old album for the nostalgia feelings today. Libra, quit the cycle today, Scorpio. Positivity will get you through the day, Sagittarius. Plan for something in twenty twenty five, Capricorn. If you can't figure it out, dance it out, Aquarius.
Speaker 3: Spiderwebs aren't built in a day, Pisces, try planting a new sea today.
Speaker 2: All right, so good luck with accomplishing what you need to today. You know, in a second, I also want to get into I'm reading about all the new venues named for the Olympics in Los Angeles. Very exciting. All this is happening in our backyard. It may it'll be crowded, but then afterwards there are some real benefits to the stuff that will be happening here. So we'll get into that first sysney. What do we miss while we were sleeping?
Speaker 1: Well, Vice President Kamala Harris has emerged as the front runner for the Democratic nomination in the hours since President Biden announced he would not seek reelection. The Democratic Convention starts August nineteenth. In Chicago, a vegetation fire near Corona and Lake Matthews has forced officials to give evacuation orders to some residents.
Speaker 2: In the area.
Speaker 1: The fire is currently about four hundred and fifty acres and twenty five percent contained. And Twisters opened number one at the weekend box office with eighty point five million, the year's third biggest opening after Inside Out two and June Part two.
Speaker 2: And that's what happened overnight. Well, the Paris Olympics they start this week. It's so wild, so many great memories of the Olympics with you guys. I know, remember we went to London, went to Rio Tubs, I don't know why. It stands out to me that you had the most fun in Rio. I can tell you why.
Speaker 1: Why because he was single at the time and it was during his birthday, so it was just like extra kind.
Speaker 2: Of party vibes the tubs. I was single then, I remember specifically, and I know why I remember.
Speaker 1: Care to share.
Speaker 2: Nice remember specifically, and I know why I remember tubs. But you were single and you were that's when you just discovered Tinder, right, Yeah, that was earlyubs days. Yeah, but we're at the real Olympics. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 5: I mean, good on tubbs.
Speaker 2: You're in Brazil. What I mean, that's what you're d in Brazil.
Speaker 5: I mean, why wouldn't he It's Brazilian women.
Speaker 2: Hello times, did you? Yeah? I don't talk about it because you're engaged. Oh, it was all very like innocent. Yeah yeah, yeah. You want a gold medal that year for Tinder Tubs right now a wheel? Are you at the Wheel of Fortune Studio? Yes? I am. How's it going there? Uh, it's coming along a lot of that's sound good. We're building the kiss M Studio the Wheel of Fortune set. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Cool. I want to spin that wheel. Well, I saw your video of you spinning the wheel. Yeah, I was the first.
Speaker 5: Is it heavy?
Speaker 2: It is? Yeah, I'd be the contestant if I were to play, be the contestant where the wheel goes two wedges.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll do it again, sir.
Speaker 2: A lot of cords to plug it, all right. So I bring up the Olympics because I was just reading four years from now Olympics here in l A. And they're we're announcing what is going to take place where. So the coliseum is going to have track and field, which is historic because it did back in nineteen whatever and whatever. Eighty four, the into a dome, gonna have basketball. Nice Crypto dot Com arena is gonna handle the gymnastics so cute. You know, when the Olympics came to Atlanta when I was a kid, we all ranted to rent out our houses for people because the hotels were full. There wasn't enough like hotel rooms, so people were renting out their houses. I'm not mad at that idea.
Speaker 1: Maybe I will and then I'll just go move in with my parents for those two weeks.
Speaker 2: You could probably get a good deal like price. Yeah, there's two weeks of the games. But you know, a lot of weeks a little bookend on the festivities, l like con mentioned center, judo, table tennis, wrestling and all that stuff. So these are the venues they announced. Dignity Health Sports Park's gonna have rugby woo oh oh, and you'll love this there' they're putting in a temporary pool or maybe more than one, but they're doing the swimming. Get this so far.
Speaker 1: Fact that they're doing the swimming at so Far is pretty major. They're gonna put Olympian sized pools in it. It's like, you know, does the football field and then Monster Jam and then like it's crazy how they move everything out of there.
Speaker 2: And baseball will be at Dodger Stadium. Soccer's gonna be at Rose Bowl not confirmed yet, but that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Skateboarding and BMX and the supple at a basin.
Speaker 2: Well, we got fifteen hundred days from now.
Speaker 5: I think, Oh my god, I love the countdown.
Speaker 2: Olympics coming soon. Olympics start Friday in Paris. Up next. If you and your partner have been together a long time and there's a little LACKI lack, we have a spark. Spark Sidney Michael been married for fifteen years. My parents married fifty four years. They say it's normal from time to time to feel a little disconnect. Maybe this is happening to you, but I was reading that. Experts say if you do this, you'll feel that spark all over again, and that is rewatch your wedding video.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what?
Speaker 2: This is so true? Does that help rewatch your wedding video.
Speaker 1: It's not going to I mean if you're lacking a spark or whatever. But the memories that it brings back to watch it, Mike, when I watch it every anniversary, and it is it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a great idea, So try it a few.
Speaker 1: That is not what I expected it to be.
Speaker 2: Honestly, No, it's a good one. It's easy. Yeah, all right. Your quote this Monday, the six best doctors. They are sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise, and eating. Well.
Speaker 5: I mean so true.
Speaker 2: I love that best doctors. That is a good one. I'm glad you'd like it. I'm here to please believe me acceptance validation. This FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 1: Vice President Kamala Harris has emerged as a front runner for the Democratic nomination in the hour since President Biden announced he would not seek re election. The Democratic Convention starts August nineteenth in Chicago. Ella County public health officials have issued an ocean water closure near Baiona Creek after nearly fifteen thousand gallons of untreated sewage spilled over the weekend. Fourteen thousand Disneyland workers voted overwhelmingly to the rise a strike. Negotiations between the unions and the theme park are set to take place both today and tomorrow. And a three point five magnitude earthquake was reported in the South Bay at three nine yesterday afternoon. The epicenter was just off the coast, about four and a half miles west of palas Vera's estates on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: Well, Rachel's on the phone. Good morning, Rachel, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm good things.
Speaker 2: I wanted to take your call because I just was. I get a call screen of all the lines and I can see it, says Rachel. I saw my boss watching something in a photo he sent me. So, your your boss sent you a photo, but in the background you saw him watching provocative videos.
Speaker 6: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 2: Was it a still shot?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was a picture of my invoice because I worked from home, and so I asked him if he could send me a picture of it, and he was holding it in front of his computer.
Speaker 2: Oh and his can you ever had adult things on it? Uh? Huh? And ouch? Oops? Did you tell him yet that you saw it?
Speaker 5: So weird.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to do. I waited a couple of minutes to respond, and he must have finally realized that it was in the background, and so we un sent the picture and then resent it without anything in the background.
Speaker 2: First of all, so everybody check your background, check the articles, the things that whatever's in your background, Like, take a look, I mean, chicks happened.
Speaker 1: This is not a mistake. Not the fact that he's watching dirty videos at work is not a mistake.
Speaker 2: Like wit was he at home or work? I was picturing it at home after hours? Okay?
Speaker 5: This is like during work hours.
Speaker 1: Well, Rachel is like what kind of project you're working on?
Speaker 5: And whatever?
Speaker 2: We don't know why. I was like, he always at homeworking. Okay, maybe he's mistake still happened, so but inappropriate at work completely? Yeah, Now it's your boss, so we need to think carefully. What do we do. Do you go to h R like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 7: I don't know? He he really like I haven't even responded. Do I say things and act like I didn't see that?
Speaker 6: He unset?
Speaker 2: I think you don't respond erase it and let's just move on. Oh right, it's not great.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, strike one and then if it happens again, it's just like this is too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might just I mean, it fits me and this is not maybe good advice, but I would just like move on.
Speaker 1: But like, how uncomfortable now?
Speaker 2: But he probably knows you saw it, so maybe he's on that's appropriate. It's all bad on him too, It's all bad on him, but it is your boss. Oh I feel hunger pangs.
Speaker 5: Do you still have the original picture?
Speaker 6: I didn't screenshot it now, but.
Speaker 3: You should check your computer because sometimes when you unsend, it still goes to your other right and it.
Speaker 2: Goes to other devices. Okay, check that, and so check it.
Speaker 1: Keep it as evidence because if you ever tried to pull something fishy down that road to try to like fire you or do something weird because he's uncomfortable, then you have evidence.
Speaker 7: Okay, interesting, I like that idea.
Speaker 2: Thank you you've been watching your honor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, court of law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck. I'm not messing around with her following the facts and the evidence here, Rachel, thank you very much. I mean, look, if she's uncomfortable, go to HR talk about him. If she's not, move on. Oh so listen to this. There's somebody posted. There's the one that posted and interactions she had with a guy that she met on a dating app. Right, they're chatting. He asked her out to dinner. She was into it, and then he said this, shall we have a short walk before the food to see how we feel?
Speaker 5: To see how we feel? Yeah, to see how we feel?
Speaker 2: Part kind of lingers at me. The part that strikes me badly too, is he like auditioning? Is he gonna go like see if they do we feel good with each other before we go on the dinner date.
Speaker 5: But I don't mind the walk before.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: No, it's so annoying.
Speaker 2: Why why because you're getting ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna walk, take a little walk, stroll on my heels. I'm not gonna wear tennis shoes on my date.
Speaker 2: Like intersting. You say that because I have been asked before in my past. Are we walking anywhere before or after because I need to know about my shoes? Or can we not walk before after? Because any you know about my shoes?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: If you want to go on a walk with me, then it's going to walk.
Speaker 3: If you want to take me to dinner or take me to dinner, but don't walk with me before, Oh my gosh, go with.
Speaker 1: The flow, wear with the walking shoes, and then bring your heels for dinner.
Speaker 2: Like what big deal? Where are you going to carry your shoes?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Leave him in his car? I don't know, it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: What if you take a ride share?
Speaker 5: Right then you wear you don't wear heels for the date? Like, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: I agree, I change. I change, just you know, Tony, I change my transit pattern based on shoes. I'm not fighting that, Like if you want to put on shoes, does that we don't walk?
Speaker 1: But I'm you're already giving signs of high maintenance and you don't go with the flow, and so Jordan, I'm not saying. I'm saying, if one.
Speaker 2: Does this dating, yeah, not so fun, is it? I like walking after? If it's a walkable blocker straight after you have something. But I fully defer to shoe comfort and whatever. If you want vanity shoe ors comfort you, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: And also, like sitting jeans or standing jeans, tell me about that.
Speaker 1: You know those genes that are like you have jeans that you can only stand in. Yeah, like they're super it's because it snatches your waist. So those the genes that you can stand and they snatch your waist. But when you sit down, it's like, oh it's so painful. Yeah, Like there's sometimes that just doesn't give. And those are my standing only right, like if I'm going to a concert, yeah, standing only jeans because I'm going to dinner, comfy jeans.
Speaker 2: Both of you. Thank you for these teachable moments because I had no idea about that. Honest.
Speaker 5: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: This is teachable. It's time for Ryan's roses. Kiss I fab Ario, thank you for reaching out. I want to go right to it. We've been waiting to get you on the line all morning. So you come on from work. Your bed is all stripped, the blinds are closed, right, the bed stripped from all the sheets, everything's off the bed, and you think, wow, this is odd. Looks like the scene of something and you address it with your husband and he says what.
Speaker 8: He says, that one of our cats puked on the bed.
Speaker 5: Now, why don't you don't believe him?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: I just you know, none of it made sense, like all the evidence, basically, like it was just one of those great days for me where everything went faster than expected and I made it home early. I basically got home around like three thirty instead of my usual time, which is right around I'm six, and my husband worked from home, and I texted him saying that I was on my way, but I didn't think that he got or I don't know, he never responded. So I got home and I basically found the beds tripped and the blinds were closed, which I never closed the blinds, And I asked him what happened, and he just very quickly said, oh, missy, or one of our cats got sick on the bed and so I stripped the bed and I washed them or whatever, And I just.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you believe him? Why why does he even is there something that you've always thought about concerned?
Speaker 8: Well, not really not in that sense, more so just of the scenario, like mixty. Our cat rarely goes in our bedroom. I mean rarely, and you would think that, like, okay, if the cat got sick, there'd be some sort of evidence. You'd see something in the trash or like towels or something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There was no.
Speaker 6: Evidence of her getting sick.
Speaker 8: And I couldn't smell anything, I mean nothing, right, So I asked him why that blinds were closed too, and he just said, oh.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: And I was like, okat, you mean it on and he's like, oh, well, I raised them, you know. When I was cleaning up the mess. I'm like, wait, what, It's just none of it is making sense, and I'm afraid that he took a terrible war. And I'm just getting it in my head that something else is going on.
Speaker 6: In the bad.
Speaker 2: How long have you been married?
Speaker 8: Real quick, we've been married for your ears three.
Speaker 2: He doubts her husband doesn't believe him. Let's get into the next Ryan's roses. Well, it's time for Ryan's roses. So I don't want to judge before we do it, but I think that he's lying. She comes home from work, he's working from home, married, right, all of a sudden, she goes in the bedroom. The bed is stripped, the blinds are closed, like there was something going on there. He says, one of the cats puked on the bed. Mitzi. Mitzi was Mitzi the cat. It's a cat's name, something like that, Right, Ariel, You're going to call your husband and see what we can find out, just quickly, generally speaking, as the marriage been solid otherwise, because you're casting a lot of doubt.
Speaker 8: Honestly, no, it hasn't been great. We got married in twenty twenty one, so it's still pandemic time. And I've just always had the feeling that his family has never liked me. I thought that they would eventually come around, but I really don't think they have. And now we're at a point where you know, I'm I want to take her, I want to start a family with him, I want to start having kids. And he's coming and hawing, and I'm afraid he's just even completely changed his mind. And honestly, it just hasn't been It hasn't been wonderful. I'm afraid to say this.
Speaker 2: Is important, this is important. We're going to call him right now. I need you to say, Ryan, you have my permission to call, and then his name.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Okay, Ryan, you have my permission to call.
Speaker 2: We're doing it right now. Be very quiet. Let's see what we can find out. Who is this?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: Is this Derek?
Speaker 2: Yes, Hi Derek.
Speaker 5: My name is Wendy. I'm calling from Burbank Blooms. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 6: How did you get this number?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: So you're in our database or a flower shop here on Magnolia and are offering a promotion. It's a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you'd like today.
Speaker 2: How do I get off this list? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, it's free roses that you can send to anybody that you'd like. I don't need cash from you or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't appreciate calls from telemarketers. I'm on the do not Call list, but that does nothing. I get these calls every day. It's driving me crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not a telemarketer. I just own very a local flower shop here in Burbank, and we do this promotion about once a month.
Speaker 5: It's free roses. I don't need cash from you or any info from you.
Speaker 2: Truly.
Speaker 1: We just hope that if you like our arrangements, you come back as a customer one day or FIRS to friends and family. I apologize for intruding with It's just.
Speaker 2: Something that we do, Okay.
Speaker 1: I would just need the name of the person you want to send them to and a note, and then we can deliver them by lunchtime today if that's convenient for you, or a different day or time.
Speaker 6: Okay, cool, send them to send them to my wives.
Speaker 2: Okay, say with love from no Wait nice, say you dare nice. Say you're on the air with us right now. I need you to stay on please. It's a nice save right there. You're sending your flowers to your wife, but you're hesitating. By the way, my name is Ryan. You're on the air with us right now. We have your wife on the phone, so I want to we know something here. Your wife reached out to us to step in for a second. It's a public service, and so it's not to me and I reason I want to jump in now is because you're hesitating about sending flowers to your wife. We were told, Derek that you were by yourself. Your wife came home early and the bed was stripped from everything, the blinds were closed. Your wife has real doubt in your relationship is he there? Are you there? No, he's gone there. What is it you hung up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking Aerl hang up.
Speaker 6: I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: I hold on for a second. Is he not there? He's not Derek. How long is it going on without him on the phone? Good? Yeah, seconds for a while.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Up.
Speaker 5: No, you don't need to apologize.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm going to tell you something, Ariel. I'm very convinced. Well, he was hesitating to send you roses, meaning he was about to send them to someone else. So I really think he was covering up for something. I do believe that that's what I heard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I know him like that's not a confident that it should not have been a question mark and that was essentially a question really struggled.
Speaker 2: I think that was very telling.
Speaker 6: Oh, very telling.
Speaker 8: I'm just I wish I could have gotten more out of him. I really didn't think he would just hang up like that. And now I know how to handle it when I get home.
Speaker 2: Hold on for say, we can't pretend to know what's going on in your relationship or what you should do. But I, along with Sisney Tania, we heard you say you have a lot of doubt. And you don't have a good feeling in your marriage already right now, and if something is going on, you need to think about that, and also like what is best for you? What is you don't sound happy, what is going to make you happy? And there may be challenges. I don't know what they are, but if you're unhappy, you should really take a step back and think about it. And maybe this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. But it's not worth being unhappy for the rest of your life if you're not in a good marriage, Areel, You're right, I mean your marriage. You can also fix your marriage. I don't want to choose a path for you, but I could tell before we made the call it's not right.
Speaker 6: It's not I know it needs to change.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you get to a place of peace and happiness. Thank you, Ariel. Don't you agree?
Speaker 5: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could have gotten a little more out of him without you interjecting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you jumped.
Speaker 2: Too fast. It's not talking about hesitating that. Look, there was so.
Speaker 1: Much more info we could have gotten from what.
Speaker 3: And Sisty could have asked him what type of flowers you want? Romantic red roses or what?
Speaker 2: He hung up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hung up when he heard that he was on the es.
Speaker 2: Oh so I made him wong up? You Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: I blame you.
Speaker 2: But we don't need to blame anybody.
Speaker 1: You guys, sorry, but we could have gotten more.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, casting blame this morning, aren't we. So I just want to say, I don't know when the right time is to jump into the Ryan's roses call and tell whoever's on the line that they're on the air. I'm just going with it.
Speaker 1: Preferably after they we do the note, find out what they're going to write.
Speaker 2: So just to recap, see if he wrote love.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I didn't even see if he wrote love. Love.
Speaker 2: The guy was hesitating to send flowers to his wife. Flag Flag Flag, So Ariel and Derek married. She thinks he's lying about the fact that the bed was stripped and the curtains were closed when she walked in early from work. Right, he lied and said it? Well, I think he did and said it was the cat that puked. I don't believe it, But the point is, she said, going in, she's got real problems with the relationship. The marriage doesn't feel like anybody's in it anymore, like already, it doesn't even matter what happened there. She's sort of in a place of feeling alone in a marriage, and so you need to fix that part too, or she needs to move on. But you two, Sisany and Tanya. I jumped in because the guy hesitated to send flowers to his wife.
Speaker 1: And maybe he was hesitating about what he was going to write on the car.
Speaker 2: About somebody else. No, but I know when someone was thinking about something else, he was thinking about another name.
Speaker 1: No, you don't know.
Speaker 2: He tried to cover it up by using his wife's name. I do know. I've watched a lot of these shows on TV.
Speaker 1: And no, now we'll never know because you jumped in. Even Ariel at the end was saying, I wish I would have gotten more out of that.
Speaker 2: Christine, you don't feel the same, but you tell them exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: I think she's stuck in a relationship with no trust. I mean, yeah, stirping the bed. I don't even know if he knows how to do that well. I just think the whole thing's bizarre. Between the shade thinks such shut tight sounds like there's zero trust, and there is the whole kids thing. They don't have kids. After three years, she doesn't trust anything about him, and then walking into the situation, I don't know. I don't trust him either.
Speaker 2: So this is a blessing, real bizarre. This is a blessing because now she's got real tangent reason to figure it out or move on.
Speaker 5: We could have gotten more out of him.
Speaker 4: I think so too. He jumped in so quick.
Speaker 1: I did not jump in, Christine, in no, Gabriel, how you did trying to help.
Speaker 3: You were like a puppy with like a milk bone dangling in front of his face, and you were like just waiting to interject there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like when have you ever interrupted the note?
Speaker 2: Like you've never? Because the guy was hesitating too much and I knew he was covering something up. I needed to get to him. You can't. You can't second guess one's gut.
Speaker 5: Well in this instance, yeah, Christine, thank you for listening. Thank you, Christine.
Speaker 2: I don't show trying to be perfect.
Speaker 5: No one's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's perfect, right, Well they have it. That was imperfect, all right?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: We all make mistakes I wasn't a mistake. I say it was a mistake. This was imperfect mistake. I said, I was imperfect.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have an interesting fact I've learned the other name?
Speaker 2: I mean a scale of out of ten. No, I think we're out of time. I'm like tired, tired physically from that. It's quick.
Speaker 3: Do you know that the percentage of marriages that end in divorce within the first five years?
Speaker 5: No, you want to guess half?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty percent?
Speaker 2: Okay, and why do you have that fact floating through your nose?
Speaker 3: Well, because they're married for three years, so they might now be in that percentage.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many end ever? Anyway? Half?
Speaker 1: So now that that change, Yeah, it changed. Yeah, yeah, you got to update your backs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can say the.
Speaker 1: Same fact for the last of the fact years.
Speaker 2: Monday, Thursday. Guess that, fab Hold on, let's come back. I'm physically exhausted from it. Yeah, it's going down of all marriages.
Speaker 1: Of all first marriages end in divorce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check tomorrow. Well. Yeah, there was a big presidential race news yesterday everywhere.
Speaker 5: Quite the shakeup.
Speaker 2: Quite the shakeup. I mean, we've never seen this before in our life. Lifetime. No, So that happened. And you know what something like that happens when a big story like that happens. I just I sit there and I watched the news for hours the same they repeat the same thing. But I just I just keep watching. I love a special report.
Speaker 5: I know what you mean, but I do the opposite.
Speaker 1: I'm on, I'm online, and so I'm article after article after article, and there's different takes and there's different views.
Speaker 2: Well, when they say an ABC News special report sucks me, it sucks me in there. So yeah, Biden dropped out and that happened. But you know the other story that is really interesting. The city of La settled a lawsuit this about street vendors in La. Now you see them in certain places, but they were not allowed to set up in other places in the city. If they did, they were risking getting a citation, getting ticketed. That's right. So I guess they settled a lawsuit over the weekend brought by street vendors, saying that all the cities no vending zones violated the law. So basically, vendors were not allowed to sell food near check this out, schools, farmers' markets, swap meets, or temporary events which kept a lot of vendors away from the high traffic areas. So I think this is a great win. This is a big score. It's good for the vendors, that's your job, and it's good for us to be able to stroll up to some of these places and get what we want when we leave, you know, an event.
Speaker 1: More opportunities for us to grab on an elote or a paletereo man all that stuff.
Speaker 2: What is your face do you have of those your favorites?
Speaker 1: Like, what is your favor I'm a sucker for a good alte or escithe this something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker for a good smell of grilled onions anything that's anything anybody that's grilling onions, right, I want grilled onions.
Speaker 1: The bacon wrapped hot dogs after a Charger game at Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 5: That yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Right, that gets you. So every time you've got Ernie from Munchie Dogs and Redondo, shout out to Earth and Lolos Filipino Barbecue, glass El Park. But street food street vendors can be some of the best food in any city. I mean when you travel around, if you travel at broad go to different cities. It's kind of all about eating the street foods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think about New York, I feel like there's one in every corner.
Speaker 2: Well, the smell for me, the smell of the street vendors in New York are better than me wanting to eat some of this stuff I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ok, people don't eat it.
Speaker 5: Actually, you just smell it.
Speaker 2: People do eat. I don't eat so much of that, but I do smell it. But I love a grilled anything grilled with onions like that. Tommy, you got a favorite hot dogs? You can't go wrong with a hot dog, any hot dogs. Yeah, eight hundred and five to one to two seven here Texas to four one of two seven. Give a shout out to your favorite let's give them some love. Yeah, favorite local street vendor. And to those of you who do that for a living, congratulations on that big win here in La. All right, coming up, it is a chance for you to get six flags Magic Mountain tickets on this beautiful day. I love kiss music first thing in the morning. That's right on a Monday, Tanya's favorite day. Tell you so you just seem so ecstatic about today? You really don't, but you do. Tell us that this is your favorite day. I do love Monday and what's gone well for you so far.
Speaker 3: It's just a fresh.
Speaker 1: Start to the new week. That's the whole thing. It's like a reset every single week.
Speaker 5: It's like, that's it.
Speaker 2: Cisity. And I think Friday's are favorite days because on or Thursdays, you have Thursdays, you have Friday.
Speaker 1: I think I chose Saturday Saturday, okay, because what I do on Monday is I look to see how much I have to do before Friday.
Speaker 3: I know, But if you're really honest with yourself, aren't you tired on Friday?
Speaker 2: I'm excited. On Friday, No, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: And then Saturdays like the first day I really slept in Saturday.
Speaker 5: Saturday is a very cool day. That's like a whole vacation in one day.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I say this to say to you, if Monday is your favorite day, this is your day. Yeah all right, this is crazy. So you could be out in the wild and this might seem innocent and actually like a good thing, but it's dangerous. Sistani people are hugging strangers and robbing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you do if a random woman came up to you asking you for a hug.
Speaker 2: I would think, Wow, I look good today.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe right?
Speaker 2: Whatever I did to my hair, whatever I'm wearing, I should wear this again?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, two people have been arrested in connection with an attempted robbery in Orange County, and authorities are warning now so Cow residents to be vigilant of approaching strangers who appear to want a hug because one incident. In this case, a mail driver parked his vehicle right in his front driveway and out of nowhere, a woman came up, arms wide open, asking him for a hug the minute he got out of the car.
Speaker 2: But does she pretend to know him? Because I might fall for that.
Speaker 5: The details are there, I don't have.
Speaker 1: But what she's trying to do is she's trying to She's trying to rob his gold chain around his neck, which I don't even know.
Speaker 2: How do you do that? How can you be that quick with the hand these pickpocketers, how can they get into a tight pocket and out with your wallet?
Speaker 1: Well, she apparently had done it many times, and she was working with somebody else because when they searched their vehicle they found fifty plus different chains of pieces of jewelry things like that, and so this wasn't the first time that they were attempting to do that.
Speaker 2: So I am a hugger. If I do, like walk up to your van and try and hug you, I'm not going for your necklace. I do like to hug. But the thing is, I'm also a sucker for a hugger. So if she were to come up to me in a parking deck with her arms wide open, I might think I know her, and then I would also think I'm very rude to not hug back and reciprocate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what you mean. I think I would hug back too. I would be like, Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing is, like, I'm less afraid of that than sometimes when people stop me to ask me a question, which I think they may be distracting me because somebody's going to do something around me. Question Tanya. It is a difficult world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean, tough out there to Yeah, Michael thinks like this, He's like, don't trust anybody.
Speaker 2: Don't just anybody. They're they're distracting you because they're stealing your car.
Speaker 5: Totally. I'm just like, what do you mean? Look at that is nice?
Speaker 2: So be aware of where where has the world come? Be afraid of huggers? Oh my gosh, hey, what would you do, MICHAELA If we're talking about that that there's a thing going around now if strangers walk up to you and try and hug you, they may be trying to steal your jewelry. Now, would you be afraid of a stranger hugger?
Speaker 1: Or it depends. If someone came up to me and gave me a hug, I feel like it would be rude not to.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, oh, this is a little weird, but I probably still would.
Speaker 2: And by the way, when you're single, you kind of looking for arms went open, right, I mean I'm like, that's that's very sweet and I needed that because it's been a while.
Speaker 1: But to remove your chain, I feel like that's not quite the move. Is the move like, oh my gosh, my bracelet stuck on you?
Speaker 5: Like, oh, I'm so sorry. Let me just and then you run for it.
Speaker 2: I wear a chain some with some shirts or silver chain, but it takes me about five minutes to hook the latch. Well, no, they would not cook it. They would just lift it over your neck. No, you wouldn't notice them lifting it over your neck.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tommy, I don't think you'd be a good hugging thief more. You can't just lift it over your head. They can't just unhook it. That's what they do. That's there were quick with the slide of the hand.
Speaker 1: I think the move is that they act like they got caught on you, and then then you're trying to like, you know, disengage, and then all of a sudden they get it and they run for it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I couldn't be that person. It Literally the day I don't have my chain on, it's because I spent five minutes before I had to leave the house couldn't get it over.
Speaker 5: That's how I am with bracelets.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I forget it all right, let's get to this trending report, Tanya Okay.
Speaker 3: So, Nick Jonas posted a really sweet tribute on Instagram over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It was a picture and he said, I asked the.
Speaker 3: Most amazing woman in the world to marry me six years ago today, thank you for saying yes, Prianca Chopra, and so obviously Nick and Prianka they are married now. So it got me thinking about anniversaries. Yeah, when you're dating, do you celebrate the day that you met or do you celebrate the day that you became officially officially a couple. When you get engaged, do you celebrate your engagement day? Do you forget about your dating anniversary? And then when you get married, do you forget about all the dating stuff and just celebrate your wedding anniversary?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean for me, it's always a gray area. Where and when did we meet? Where? How what? When? When was it exactly? So it's not that uh and when we officially started dating. I usually generally don't forget, and I have been reminded in the past at the end of an anniversary day, you know what today is? Oh, that's so messed up. What's today? It's our for it's our anniversary? Oh, I mean, I I'm not great at at those in the dating world. What about getting engaged? Is that the celebratory moment? Like? What about you? Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: So Nick Jonas and Prionca are married, but he celebrated the day that he proposed to his wife.
Speaker 2: So I was like, what will you do?
Speaker 1: I think we'll.
Speaker 3: Celebrate our engagement anniversary instead of our dating anniversary this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, because I guess.
Speaker 1: That just goes out the window.
Speaker 3: And then after you get married, we'll celebrate the wedding anniversary and that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, cistany you've done all of these things, how do you celebrate just your wedding anniversary?
Speaker 1: I mean you have too many dates at that point when you get older too, like your kids birthdays and then all these other I just you're the wedding anniversary is all you really need. We I think about the day that we like are dating one every now and that it's May sixteenth, but you really.
Speaker 2: She's got ready, No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I forget that day, but we don't celebrate it. We have three other birthdays that month. Like it's there's no way, there's no there's no reason to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if it's a dude thing or it's just a me thing. But the dates I can't remember. I can't remember what we did, but not the day we did it. That's the way my brain works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's so dark that she reminded you after the day.
Speaker 2: I remember I was after the day, like at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day, right right, right, I.
Speaker 2: Bet no one was mad, But I do forget because I'm not great on the birthday, anniversary calendar stuff. Anyway, I would definitely hug Nick Jonas and leave his necklace on the congratulate. They do seem like a great couple. Every time I hear about them or see them, they seem super happy. Yeah, so I told you guys, marriages can be good. All right, coming up, That's not what you say. I always say that. I say sometimes they work out. My vocal cords are tired from the Ryan's Roses. You know, you push, you push. Susanian thought that I jumped in too early on the Ryan's Roses call.
Speaker 1: We thought it, our listeners thought it, Yeah, so you can be the jodh on are Ryan seacrests.
Speaker 5: The people thought it.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to podcast and you let us know. I think it was the right time because he was trying to deflect. He was actually about to send the roses to another woman. I wanted to get him before he recognized it was Uselessney, So I say.
Speaker 1: Bonny Sandwich. It was so jarring when you jumped in that. I looked at Mark.
Speaker 5: I was like, what what do we do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: You never attention? He was about to recognize your voice listening and I.
Speaker 5: No, he was not.
Speaker 2: What's not at all? You know what?
Speaker 1: Whatever makes you feel better is fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to feel better, but you can because you're.
Speaker 5: Upset that you made a mistake and I'm zero says this.
Speaker 2: Is me on upset. Uh huh okay, not upset, look at me? No thanks mole Uh anyway, check it out on the podcast on it see Christ tomorrow we are back six fifty five. We're going to talk about if you ever go out to dinner with your boss, you've able to rapport gain their trust if you order this, Oh like, they will actually trust you more if you order this interesting second ate update tomorrow Sydney takes you from here till eleven. I did have a good one. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow