Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, Welcome back to Bachler Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena.
Speaker 1: We are here to recap a different episode something we've really never talked about on this podcast, which is Bachelor Pad, which came out before Bachelor in Paradise, and we're kind of doing this because we're getting ready for Bachelor in Paradise. But Bachelor Pad Season three, episode one was just released on Bachelor Nation's YouTube channel, so we watched it and we're going to recap that shit show right now.
Speaker 3: If you are not familiar with Bachelor Pad, because it's been what like fifteen years since Bachelor Pad was a thing, there's a couple seasons of it. It took place in the Bachelor Mansion, similar style to Paradise, where it was like co ed guys and girls, but it was a mix of dating and a competition show, so there's different pairs, there's competitions like physical challenges that you have to win and then compete for to get different advantages, and then the goal at the end was to both hopefully find a relationship, but even more so to win the cash prize, which was I believe two hundred and fifty thousand dollars this season correct.
Speaker 1: So one thing that so obviously Bachelor Pett evolved into Bachelor in Paradise, which watching bacheler Pet, the first thing that was kind of like I didn't love was that they were in the mansion. Still, I like the aesthetic of like a beach in paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I love the mansion. I think it's so iconic.
Speaker 3: But I think what people forget is on the regular seasons of The Bachelor and the Bachelrette, you only see so much of the mansion. It's really just like where the girls and guys are hanging out and sleeping and getting date cards, and then you're out and about like you're on dates with the lead, and then after week four you're traveling, so like it's not as much as it's an iconic symbol. It's really just like a big part of night one, and then after that you're not seeing that much of it, seeing a whole season in the mansion. I think that a setting like a beach in paradise, like Cabo Costa, Rica is a way better fit for like a full time show. I agree the flow of the house. It's also like it's a little dark, like it's got like that like Spanish influence to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a little like it's just it's a little small. Yeah, so too, you know, And it's not small obviously for like a family to live there, but it's like to have.
Speaker 3: Like a cast of thirty people film me there twenty four to seven. I would actually be curious to know if they were like having challenges with that a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm sure, yeah, sure, so we The first thing we're kind of introduced to is you get the cast that are they're all coming back, and you have people like who we know, like Chris Pokowski is kind of the only one that we personally know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris Pukowski, who's been on like the most Bachelor shows ever. Yeah, you're probably familiar with him. He was on Pair Nice a few times. He came from Emily Maynard season and he's now with Anna Redmond. Yeah, but everyone else I was not as familiar with. I mean, we know Chris personally, I don't know any of the other cast members, but all from seasons. Just to give you a little context, Deanna, Jillian, Harris Ashley, and Emily Maynard seasons of the Bacherette and then Ben Flanagan, Brad and Lorenzo's seasons of the Bachelor is what we're pulling some pulling from. So we're going like very old school but like kind of like the height of Bachelor stiff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say those the people that make seasons. I would assume that the people that were on this season were the most were the fan favorites of their season of The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Bacherette definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, you know, Ed was engaged to Jillian Harris and it didn't work out, and he's like a main character in this.
Speaker 1: TV because the guy's just getting wasted running around naked. Yeah, we don't get to see that stuff anymore totally.
Speaker 3: And then we have Kaylin, who was on Emily Maynard's season. He was kind of the villain. He called her daughter baggage and he's like like.
Speaker 1: That, Like that's the thing about like now everyone is so media trained and social media trained that you will never see that. Yeah, but like it it's a reminder of how like funny and raw reality TV was, yeh be because people were just fucking talking crazy shit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Like even this first episode, I couldn't believe I could believe what they were saying, but I couldn't believe they were saying it on Bachelor Pad, a show that has like millions of viewers.
Speaker 1: Attacks on like people's just looks.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was constant, just their physical appearance coming for one another. And I mean, you know they're referencing, Like you guys have to remember that are listening, Like they're referencing the tabloids, like that was where things were happening. There was no social media. So it's like nowadays, you say something on the show that people don't like, you're getting attacked in your DMS. They have this direct access to you. They're picking apart your character, they're picking apart everything that you have said, whether they like it or don't like it. There was no direct access unless you like ran into these people on the street. So like you have these people that are villains, you know, like Blakely talks about like how she wasn't very like like Kaylin. He's like, yeah, like I called her daughter baggage, and like I'm standing ten toes down on what I said and like I'm down to be controversial and not liked because like it was just way less of a risk back then. I really think like social media has elevated and like decreased the entertainment.
Speaker 2: Of reality television.
Speaker 3: Like watching this, I was like, wow, like you would just like Sarafina called Zoe's dress super short and like we all were up in arms. The stuff people are saying about each other on this show doesn't even come close to.
Speaker 2: That, Like, it is way more below the ball.
Speaker 1: This is this is the ship talking that contestants getting their dm dms from people that watch the show, they will get this kind of shit said to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's different from like, you know, someone in the house versus like hundreds of strangers who are like taking it way too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think it's funny because like yeah, like like that comment from Sarah Fina and I was like, how could you say that? It's like fucking a ton of people watching this at home, we're saying shit like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, people are saying it on the comfort of their couch. But then we've got we've got this Bachelor padcast being like you're ugly and I hate you and you're stupid and your dress is hideous?
Speaker 2: How could she wear that?
Speaker 3: It's disgusting because ugly and like just like direct comments on like these people.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Jacquline walked up to.
Speaker 2: Blakely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, David Jaffin walked up to David by the pools, like, you're to vote me out? I just want to let you know you're a loser and you're ugly.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, it's so crazy about I love it.
Speaker 1: Then the second thing they introduced to us is they are bringing fans of Bachelor onto Bachelor Pad to compete, which is interesting. Also, the show has to remind us a million times that, like, the fans love watching the Bachelor and that they're on the Bachelor. It's like this, I don't know why the show feels the need to plug their own show during their show. On a consistent, fucking basis, everybody is on watching the Bachelor. You don't have to remind us that there's fans of the fucking show.
Speaker 3: And they call them the fans like that, Like we're not saying that, Like they call them the fans.
Speaker 2: They call themselves like we are the fans. Like it's like the.
Speaker 3: Contestants and then the fans, even though the fans are competing. But it's kind of funny because they've cast people that are obviously good looking, like they look like they could be on the show, but they're casting people that they know specifically. These girls are that are gonna like not keep their cool, like they're not gonna come in and like act like they've been here before. Like they're coming in and they're like fanning out over Chris Harrison. They're asking for selfies, like they are not acting like, oh, we're all here as contestants, like we're all here together, like they're coming and being like, oh my god, this is my dream.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm here.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, it's a very distinct line between like who the fans and who the contestants are.
Speaker 1: Definitely, but I also think that was.
Speaker 3: Push Oh yeah, I'm sure it was encouraged, like this is so exciting, you know, we want to see that you're a fan of this show, like don't be afraid to like show that. Whereas like if a girl on Night one did that, like you're gone, You're home, You're going home immediately, if you walk up to the Bachelor and you like start fanning out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, interesting, interesting element to bring fans on, and it's pretty much an immediate like Okay, there are people from the show the contestants from prior seasons, and then there's the fans. We are going to x out the fans, like immediately you're on, Like I think it's like Chris Pucoski's like, you're on our show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's us against them. This girl Rachel is like enough, I don't want them here. And I mean they've made it so like there's way more like there's triple the amount of contestants than there are fans. There's only five of the fans, so like they've made it very easy. If the contestants want to pick them off, they can. And I think even I think it was Rachel who said, like you didn't get your heartbroken on national television, Like you didn't have to go through and we had to go through to be here, like almost the sense of like there's an initiation process that you got to skip and like that's not fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very funny. So I kind of I guess, like my but I like issue with it. If I were to say I had an issue, is I kind of like if I want to watch a competition show, I want to watch a competition show, and if I want to watch a show about people falling in love. I want to watch a show about people falling in love the hybrid of both of those. As of now, just watching episode one is like a little confusing because I'm like still like what are we?
Speaker 2: What are we? Is the question? Like what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What am I watching? And it's kind of hard, like I don't even know. I yet to know, Like how do you even win? The two? Like I get that there's competitions.
Speaker 3: Well, Like for those listening, the structure from episode one that's presented is you pair up. You just pick your partner, like it doesn't even have to be on like if you're interested in them romantically, you pick a partner. I think it's you know, girls and guys obviously, and then there's this competition that happens where they have like these.
Speaker 2: Hanging big hearts.
Speaker 3: So we're like still on the theme of love, and you and your partner have to fit into the heart and they like tilt them and make it difficult for you to stay in it, and the person that stays in the longest wins and you're safe from elimination. So very like traditional competition structure, like similar to like a survivor a big brother.
Speaker 2: I think that they needed to. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they're having a like in episode one, like it's hard to dictate, like is this like the challenge where like it's a competition show, but like you also know that people are going to end up poking up and getting together just like naturally by having you know, a bunch of heterosexual men and women in the house together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what they're going for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like we're not so it's not.
Speaker 3: So like I would say it's competition show first, dating show second. Yeah, but they're filtering in this kind of like dating theme by making like the guys and girls partner up and pick their partner and doing like the love themed competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're not we're not showcasing on this show. I don't believe that they're going to be focusing or showcasing a love story. If anything. They want to see like people hooking up. Yeah, and arguments from that I'm assuming from like like we're already seeing it with crys Pokowski and his partner and he's talking to another girl and his partner is upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris Bukowski ends up with Blakelee as a partner and then like that night, like very soon after he is chatting with this girl Jamie, they're making out, Blakely's piss like we're in an immediate love triangle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like, why is Blakely pissed? Well, she's saying she's pissed because she wants to win the money. But I would assume she's pissed because maybe she thoughtge thing. But like that's the thing. You don't you can't like some of it, Like you can't really tell at least from episode one, And I think that's my gripe.
Speaker 2: Your gripe with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think like let's say, okay, so we look at like The Challenge, which is a competition reality show that has like a lot of romantic sideplots, and then we look get something like leve Island, which is a romantic dating reality show with competition side plots. And I think that Bachelor Pad in this first episode hasn't exactly figured out which one it is yet, like what is the focus the competition or the dating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe there is when because there was seasons prior to this, so maybe like people do know, we're just we just.
Speaker 2: Don't probably just yeah, we're just dummies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also we should add that, you know, these two fans who partnered up David, and then there's twins on this who are acting as one person, which I just can't with twins.
Speaker 1: And everyone the house seems to be really annoyed by the twins.
Speaker 2: They don't like the twins Eric and Brittany, which makes.
Speaker 1: Sense because watching episode one, they come across a little alike.
Speaker 3: Well, they're already in a disadvantage because they're fans, not contestants, and then they're saying like, hey, we're one person, Like no, you're not your two adult, grown women, Like.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's but that's also they're being Yeah the.
Speaker 3: Show, they've been cast as one person, but yeah, they're not coming across great David. Eric and Brittany win that first competition, and their reward, other than being safe, is they get to go on a date. So I guess if you're like, if you're partnered with someone and it's starting to turn into a romance, it's like that additional incentive like, oh, we'd love to win because we want to be safe, but also then we get to leave the house and go on a date together.
Speaker 1: So what's going to happen when you and your partner win, but you're cooking up with somebody else so that you go on a romantic date with your partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, that's kind of like another element to it. Yeah, I mean I think you just keep it friendly and you just talk game strategy instead of getting romantic. But yeah, no, there's definitely like a lot of potential jealousy that could occur here. I mean we're already seeing it with Chris and Blakely.
Speaker 1: Did you find anyone or did you see anyone on this first episode that like you were rooting for, because that was one thing also that I kind of noticed is Yeah, I would say the Bachelor and The Bachelor and even Bachelor in Paradise they kind of like they kind of like showcase like a hero on episode one or somebody that like the fans are gonna like, well, they're.
Speaker 3: Telling you, like they're giving you clues of like these are the one or two people that are safe, like you can like them, like they're they're good, and then you know you've got like.
Speaker 2: The chaotic evil yea of like these.
Speaker 3: Are maybe the villains, but maybe we like them a little bit, like we've got the Kaitlin of it all, who's like kind of a little out of the control, but like he's entertaining. Or Erica Rose, Like Erica Rose and Kaylin are in this feud because Erica Rose went to the tabloids about Kaylin and like spoke badly about him.
Speaker 1: They're both great, Like they're great immediately them, Like you cannot kick one of those two people off from now.
Speaker 3: Erica Rose almost gets sent home. So almost got sent home, and it was like, no, you cannot lose her. She's doing so much, she's so entertaining.
Speaker 1: I would say, Michael Michael got the.
Speaker 2: Editor, Yeah, Michael Stagliano.
Speaker 1: Of like everyone's gonna like this guy.
Speaker 3: Well, and he has been on Bachelor before. He's the only like return he won it, so he's kind of like you're following him through episode one is like Okay, he knows what he's doing, he's done this before. And also like everyone seems to really like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they should kick him off.
Speaker 1: How do we feel about Okay, so something we got to talk about. Like Chris Harrison comes in and you know, he talks to everyone in the room, and like this guy ad from Chicago can't even sit and listen. He's so fucked up. He's jumping in and out of the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in like little white tidy whities.
Speaker 1: Which like there's a girl like we don't care how big your dick.
Speaker 2: Is, Like put some pants on and sober up. That was funny. I think that was Jamie.
Speaker 1: That that was a wild time for reality TV. I forget, like like I was like, all right, like like I feel socially awkward. This is intense and intimidating. I need a drink to you know, calm down. Yeah, yeah, get rid of the edge. But like I'm probably gonna like and then everyone's gonna be kind of doing well, that's.
Speaker 2: What it is. It's everyone. I mean Ed's gone above and beyond.
Speaker 3: Like everyone is clearly in their interviews by the end of the night like they're drunk, Like they are doing interviews absolutely drunk. They are sloppy, they're slurring their words. But Ed is like on another level, like he's so hammered. He's literally out in the pool. Well, Chris Heireus' is like, man, we're trying to film a scene. Like I'm trying to explain to you literally what show you're on. And like he's just not even there. I don't know, it's it's just a different time. But I also think like social media plays a role into it too. I don't know if you would see as many people because like, look, it's all young, attractive, single people that are like, I've got an open bar and a gorgeous mansion. I'm just here to have a good time. Like I'm young and I'm just like looking a party. I think social media makes people like just more conscious. I don't think I don't know if we can see as many people getting as drunk as we used to.
Speaker 1: Well. I also it also has to do with like the show, right, Like it's kind of been proven over the history of The Bachelor with social media that the contestants that do well after the show, and what I mean by do well is like you know, get a lot of like love and grow social media following. Those people are characterized on the show as very nice, either heartbroken or end up in love. Yeah, anyone that's like going on the show like for a good time to get fucked up, which is what all these people are.
Speaker 2: Doing and like shamelessly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like and that's that's like the biggest difference yeah, and it's kind of fun. Like it's so it's like refreshing after watching so many seasons of of kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also like as viewers, we watch reality because it's.
Speaker 2: Not that serious, you know, it's fun. And I mean I think Bachelor.
Speaker 3: And Bachelott definitely have more of a serious tone to them, and that's to be expected. But like Paradise, I feel like there's been a bit of a struggle of it's like Paradise is not that serious, like, yeah, you want to find love, you want to find a relationship, but it's meant to be this like fun, young, beachy show. And I think that we've kind of lost that tone of like guys, like, don't stop taking yourself so serious, Like this is meant to be fun, And it like translates as a viewer watching Paradise versus watching Bachelor Pad. Like Bachelor Pad, they're like, yeah, it is meant to be fun, Like we're literally just here to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was also a different time, like, like I would say, drinking culture was totally that. This was still a time where you would go to bars in Chicago and be able to smoke cigarettes in there.
Speaker 3: What's crazy too is like nowadays, obviously it's no secret, like a lot of people from the show have other opportunities, become influencers, become entrepreneurs. These are people that had like full corporate jobs that were going to act this way on national television like just hammered swimming in the pool, getting yelled at my Chris Harrison and then go.
Speaker 2: Back to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that is a whole other thing I did even think about.
Speaker 1: I would say there was a lot of people that probably got fired weren't able to go back to work after this. Like Ad was a Chicago fireman, so it was probably he was probably like celebrated.
Speaker 2: Like you have like go like I guess it depends on like what jobs had to Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're in like banking and like finance, like you're getting fired, Yeah, you're not going back to that. If you're in you know, cosmetics, cosmetic surgery or you know you're doing that, I think you're fine. I like your example, Yeah, firemen and cosmetics, like you're good offing. Anyone's gonna fire you for that.
Speaker 3: So getting back into the competition element, they are essentially going to be voting each other out.
Speaker 2: Is the structure.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is now based on like the contestants against the fans. They're kind of like, hey, we have more of a right to be here than you guys coming in as a fan, Like you have an easy target on your back, let's pick them off. But then we've also got David, who is one of the fans who's safe because he want the competition, is aggressively trying to vote Eric Rose.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure why was there like a specific reason.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's read so if you if you win the competition, if you you're on the team that wins the competition, you are safe, Yes, if you are if you come if you're out first, you automatically have a vote against right. So I think he saw that and instantly ran his mouth, which on any competition show, at the beginning of the show, you need to be under the radar, especially if you're coming in as an outcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, because so Erica Rose and her partner Nick were the first out of the competition, so they automatically had a vote against them, and I think that's where David was like, well, let's just vote them out.
Speaker 2: They already have a vote against them.
Speaker 3: The thing is it didn't work as much as you know, we had David petitioning for it, and then we had Read and Kaylin just straight up lying to Erica Rose's space and scheming behind her back, being like we're sending her homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now, unfortunately eric Rose is still in the house and she hates David and now she's coming for him next week, which is the fun of a competition show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also feel like there was, yeah, there was there had to be an element amongst producers and even castmates of like we still want like to make good television and Erica Rose right now is our top gun, Like is she is the TV maker out of this group?
Speaker 3: She especially the girls more low key girl, she cannot n go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also like like we don't really think this is more this way that much on our show, but like I'm assuming at this time it was like if eric Carros goes home, we have to start doing shit and we have to step it up, but we have to start making TV. Why wouldn't we keep her around when she's doing so much?
Speaker 1: But I do think a lot of these people, I think it's pretty easy for them to make TV because A they're drunk and be everyone really like doesn't seem to care that much, which is great. Yeah, I do. I do really like the element. The one thing I do like is I enjoy enjoy watching like the scheming and then like, Okay, we got this person's vault, this person's well, we see.
Speaker 2: Read and Kaylin.
Speaker 1: No her name, was reading Page trying to figure out like to keep her on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, because they were partners for the challenge, and honestly, Page is a fan. She ends up going home and Chris was the other fan. He ended up going home. But Page was really nice and I thought it was sweet that Reid was like, hey, I like her. We were in this challenge together, Like I'm gonna fight for her to stay.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the part that I love because now what you're gonna get or is you're gonna get people falling for each other, and then you're gonna get somebody that may have fallen for you who's jealous of the situation. They're gonna vote that person. So now the stakes are even higher because not only do you want to win the money, you also want your connection, yeah, to stay. And then when people start like fucking with you that way.
Speaker 3: Well, for example, we've got the love try and go with Chris, Blakelee, and Jamie going on Blakely. If I'm her, I'm gunning for Jamie now because not only is Blakely like, you're distracting my partner, it seems like she kind of has a crush on Chris and is like, well, maybe if I get Jamie out of the way, I can shoot my shot here.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think they should do? Like you have to go home as a team, Like I kind of think.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm wondering if the partners switch up.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm wondering if they want the partners to switch up, because if you go home as a team, then it's never gonna change where I think the hope is probably like there's an opportunity for like, oh, I'm with this person, but I'm crushing on this person, so like I'm going to ditch them because they're pissing me off and go like team up with them.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of movie pieces.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of movie pieces. There's a lot of potential messiness, which I think is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like you need to watch.
Speaker 3: Like another episode or two. I feel like to like really get locked in on the format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or give me at the beginning of the show, give me like a grid or like a bracket system of how this tournament works, Like, give me, I want that in all competition shows, like I'm want.
Speaker 3: Maybe not on the show, but like yeah, like on their website, there needs to be like a rules tab so you guys can just go and be like okay, like what But then at the same time, you know that there's going to be like twists and turns and things that they throw at them.
Speaker 1: That's fine. But if the first time I ever played Monopoly, I need to read the rules, yeah, okay, yeah, and if I'm watching people play Monopoly, which would be boring. But if I decided that I want to sit there for my entertainment and watch people play Monopoly, I still need to know the rules of the game. It's going to be interesting. For like, comparing this now to what we are about to watch with Bachelor of Paradise, well.
Speaker 3: Are like theory is it's not a coincidence that Bachelor is releasing this episode and highlighting Bachelor pad on the You know, we said you can watch this episode of Bachler Pad on the Bachelor Nation YouTube, which we encourage you to do.
Speaker 2: It is a fun watch.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's like timing, is a coincidence that they're releasing this and they're encouraging people to watch it kind of a month or two before Paradise comes out.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if.
Speaker 3: They're going to be bringing some of these elements back because like my questions like why now, Like why are we circling back to Bachelor Pad now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think I think we are. I think that's exactly what's happening. I think we're right who watching this episode one? Do you have your favorites? Like who is your favorite?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of I mean, like taking Chris out of it because obviously we know him personally, so we're a little biased there. I mean I like Kaylin and I like Erica Rose. I just think they're both like very chaotic. They're gonna stir things up. They're like you know, people that you like love to hate, hate to love.
Speaker 1: I also like Read because he's not scared to get it done, Like he's he's going out there, he's making he's confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's making moves. I like read too.
Speaker 3: He he's showing confidence, he's making moves, which is exactly what he just said, and I'm just repeating it, but I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I did like that girl Page who was the fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she was sweet and she they they made her look really nice. It was that. Yeah, I thought she was actually gonna make it.
Speaker 3: But I like this Jacqueline Blakelee Dynamic. I think that's fun. I like Ed as much as he's kind of a mess and someone that like. He'll either get it together and you'll end up being like this guy's fun and I like him, or he won't and you'll be like, Okay, it's time for him to go home.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm assuming ad was a was the biggest fan favorite on the show.
Speaker 3: Well he ended up with Gillian Harris yet, but I don't think he was a fan favorite because I believe in his package. He said that there was a bunch of rumors that he was caught out with like other girls.
Speaker 1: Well that's what he said. He's like, there was there was cheating rumors, Yeah, which like not deny on that? Did your hear?
Speaker 2: Like no, I miss that.
Speaker 3: I mean I heard the like yeah, like the cheating rumors and stuff. I didn't hear him say that, yeah, not denying.
Speaker 2: That, Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, he's like, yeah, I know a lot of you read the tabloids and the tabloids when just the word tabloid just sounds I love that so.
Speaker 2: Old, I know.
Speaker 3: But you know what's crazy is like it wasn't that long ago, Like it really was like fifteen twenty years ago. Think about how much things have evolved in a short period of time when it comes to like media, entertainment, news.
Speaker 1: You want to know what's even You want to know what's even crazier is when this show came out. I don't know what year it was, but there is a really good chance that the iPhone wasn't out yet, like or it might have been like early stages. It might have been like iPhone one.
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 3: Let's see what year, yeah, came out Bachelor Pad season three, twenty ten. Okay, what year was the iPhone released? Two thousand and seven? Okay, so the iPhone was out, but yeah, still still early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty crazy but entertaining episode overall. I enjoyed it. Would you watch episode two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would watch episode two more joke, because I feel like they like do a good job of like lighting a few fires in episode one. You kind of have a general idea of the plot, the competition, but also there's like room to learn more, Like you leave with questions and curiosity.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was good. I feel like Bachelor Pad.
Speaker 3: Was maybe like ahead of its time, Like I feel like if they'd stuck with it and maybe just like pivoted a few.
Speaker 1: Things, I'm actually watching it, I'm actually surprised that they ever they have they ever made the change from Bachelor Pad to Paradise.
Speaker 3: Well, I could see them changing locations obviously, like we talked about in the beginning. I don't know if the mansion is like a fit for this style, but I am surprised that they cut the competition element format. And I feel like, you know, Bachelor Universe is based on finding love, right, Like that's the core value, and I can understand maybe why they wanted to circle back to that. But we've always said, like there's so much opportunity for like spinoff shows within the franchise with alumni, with potential competition shows, and I feel like Bachelor Pad like there's a place for that yeah, still to this day.
Speaker 1: Well, but I also think like Bachelor and Paradise was a way for the franchise to gain successful couples, right, they have successful numbers because I think, well.
Speaker 3: And I guess that's what it went back to, is like this franchise is based off having successful, long lasting love stories and they weren't going to get that from Bachelor pat Like they needed a Paradise, which honestly has produced so many couples. So if that was their goal, like they've achieved it definitely. But then maybe we have like another show that's competition show with people that have like are already in relationship.
Speaker 1: Well I said that, I've pitched that before, where you do it a a a couple's competition show. Yeah, but you know, no one listens to me, not that I know, though, I don't know what I'm talking about. Okay, So I think that basically that's basically it. I'm assuming Veteran Nation is going to release the entire season on YouTube, so check that out. We will be watching and make sure you stay tuned the Bachelor Happy Hour because we have of new episodes, new recaps every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much for listening Bye,