Speaker 1: Welcome to Sharper Square, presented by hard Rock I Bet. We are part of the Volume podcast Network. This is the betting show that makes the squares sharper and makes the wise guys pay attention. I am Chad Milman. I am joined by my cro host, my bff, my companion, Mikepadre, Professional Better Signmon Hunter. Hello, Simon, Chad.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Happy week to brother.
Speaker 1: Week two, My man. This is the strip down in the room eavesdropping version of Sharper Square. We will be doing this Sunday mornings during the season. Most listeners know Simon and I have entered against the spread pick them contests every season. We have done the show together five games against the spread. Every week. You and I always have a ten to fifteen minute conversation that nobody ever got to hear. To review our final picks. Make sure we didn't include games where injuries have been reported or we were on the wrong side of massive line, massive line moves. This is that conversations. Sometimes it's easy. I feel like today is going to be pretty easy. Sometimes it's hard. We're going to have to figure it out together. You're ridid role as Simon.
Speaker 2: Ready brother.
Speaker 1: All Right, So Listen, these are the games we had zeroed in on the other day, Rams at Tennessee contest line is five and a half. It's still five and a half. This was our brass balls bet again. We thought the Rams would be down two o line men. They are only down one left guard, Steve Avila. Look, I bet it at five and a half. I still like it at this number. No reason for me to walk away, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people are going to see a theme here. There's bets we've made. We like. My fear with these bets that we made is that they're just kind of flat numbers.
Speaker 3: Right, we're betting a five and a half. We'd obviously before the six and a half. We're kind of again, we're betting into a number that's good number, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not great. No, it really isn't because it's the Rams.
Speaker 3: We know we're betting against Stafford, who, Yeah, you didn't look great last week, but this is week two, like we this really is. It's just so early that you can't you try not to take too much away from week one, right, Chad, So looking at this this game, I think my feeling is probably the same as yours.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 3: This Tennessee team just is not as bad as people think they are. And you know, we're rolling the dice you on cam Ward because I like, I think we both agree. We thought he looked better than the game played out against the Broncos, and uh, this Rams team should not be as good, especially in the secondary, as that Broncos team. But we know, betting on a rookie in this spot against McVay and Stafford, you could get rolled.
Speaker 2: So to me, people out there, if you're fighting.
Speaker 3: This one, I get it. But when I stand on this one, it's just got it. At four, it's five and a half. I love cam Ward, I love this matchup for this Tennessee's defense, and you know, like you said, we wish both guys were out obviously betting this Tennessee tie with Jeffrey Simmons, but I don't think it matters. I think he's that dominant and we have so many questions about that offensive line. And you saw with Houston that Houston much better pass attack, I'll agree than this Tennessee team, but they didn't have any Houston have anyone in the middle like Jeffrey Simmons, and I think that's something people are gonna see that's gonna be a big weakness for this RAMS team. So yeah, scary, scary spot taking the rookie year. But I love this Tennessee team. I think they're still being overvalued. I'm sure we'll be on the other side of them, but as we stayed there in week two, it's still all public money right now on this RAMS side. So we're feeling pretty good about this Tennessee and just the number we're taking it five and a half. If you can find the six, obviously people get the six.
Speaker 1: I I think we're gonna we're gonna talk about games where there's sort of a five and a half versus six and a half. And look, I feel comfortable at the five and a half. Five is kind of a dead number. There's a big difference going from five to five and a half six six and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just said it's dead numbers.
Speaker 1: Dead number, So five and a half. I feel totally good about it. I actually am feeling more confident about it in my head than I think the way you sound about it.
Speaker 2: So just about picked behind the curtage, Chad.
Speaker 3: I did tell you I went to a wedding yesterday and I've been literally working through the night. So I like, if it sounds like I've been awake for thirty six hours and I went to a wedding in between, that it's true.
Speaker 2: That is factual.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you. You don't sound great, you don't sound like you had a rested evening, and you are ready to sit down.
Speaker 2: And I wish I could say it was fun, but I cula'tve enjoyed the wedding because all I was doing in my mind was just thinking football. It was. It was honestly, I got a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the way some people would say you've got a great life.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: I tell people I do for six months out of the year, but the other six months it's just all I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: It's like, even though we had a good week last week, I was already on the week two in my mind about four o'clock midway through Sunday last week.
Speaker 2: So it's I'm excited for this week. I mean, I love these lines, but I'm already like, man, week two, you just hear so much noise again, We're we're gonna have these games here. It's just crazy.
Speaker 3: The feedback I'm getting from our show because just our show's gotten so big. Now I'm just hearing so much noise. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Block out the noise. Let's focus on us.
Speaker 2: That's true, right that.
Speaker 1: It's like any healthy relationship, Simon, focus on you and me, And right now, you and I are going to talk about the Bills at the Jets. The Jets six and a half. Okay, it has been stuck on six and a half. I have not met this yet. I am going to, but I'm kind of hoping it'll get to seven. I don't think it's going to get there, but that's sort of why I've been hanging on. We still like it at six and a half. It will be one of our final five. I've been liking it more and more as the week is going on. I've really been thinking about the Jets are not interested in moral victories. I love the way they played last week the more and I have rewatched that game. I love their offense. I feel like they had an incredible game and they should have won that game, and they were on the wrong side of luck in that game, and the Bills just had such an emotional win a late night game. Now going on the road, they're not going to have that same emotional lift and their defense is in real trouble, especially in the defensive backfield. No fear, no fear on the Jets at six.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for our show, you know, the Sharper square side, this is definitely our sharpest pick most likely where it's shaking me a little public here, right, because there's always going to be those fans of Justin Fields and saw what he did last week, and they're just gonna blindly bet the Jets here. But I think they're kind of partially getting the picture of it, which is my view of it coming into the season, where I know it sounded crazy talking about in August, but this is the Ravens light this Jets offense, right, you have a mobile quarterback that can push the ball down the field.
Speaker 2: And you know, say what you want about Brestaw, he's a talented running back.
Speaker 3: So they're not gonna obviously put up the type of numbers the Ravens do, but we're not looking for that.
Speaker 2: We're looking for a team that can.
Speaker 3: Do an outside zone Reid options. That's all the Ravens simply did against that Bills team and it was you know, felt like the bad at that thousand, it was perfect. It could not be stopped. I mean the one on one you saw the gaping holes. Now, yeah, Jets offensive line step down from the Ravens. They're running back is a step down from the Ravens. The quarterback is a step down. We're not looking for forty points here, right, We're looking for fields can get us up to that twenty four to thirty points, keep us in range because Josh Allen's going to get his we know, we know we're been in two year chat. We're we've been into the raven I mean the bills last week, so you know it's a good number. There's a there's a really public book out there that's already moved a five and a half. So if they're at five and a half, I'm assuming these other very public books moved that way. I know hard Rock, you know, they're at five and a half now as well. And here in Jersey they're been bouncing between the six and a half and the six. This morning hard Rock went to five and a half. It's a big deal. So you know, the professional side is going to be this Jets side. And we talked about all the teasers, all of it. It's all going to be bills money.
Speaker 2: So I like you, like you.
Speaker 3: I feel confident in our spot, and I'm just so happy we have the six and a half because we need every point here against Josh Allen. So good, good number, good spot, underrated Jets team that's in my mind. We're praying they pull off the upset and it's a nice, nice fade next week on this Jets team because they're, you know, a sixty yard field goal away from being one to oher from last week and in the spot that the potential could be two and oh and it's like I think the general public is still sleep on this team. And yeah, once again we're banking on fields as a as a dog higher than three, which is usually a good spot to back them. So six and a half will take that every time in the contest.
Speaker 1: By the way, while you were talking, I started getting nervous that this line was moving in the apposite direction. So I bet the six and a half. If people are watching and they saw me squinting and looking away, it's only because I decided to We're not going to get that seven.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get I just never thought I was gonna get back there.
Speaker 1: I got that. I took the six and a half. I tried to be as patient as I could. All Right, Titans and Jets, pretty sharp plays so far. We're on the sharp side in both of those games. Five and a half and six and a half.
Speaker 2: I definitely say the sharp the sharp number for the Titans, that was the six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the sharp side is still going to be the Titans regardless. The New York Giants at Dallas, Dallas at five and a half, pretty much settling there. We know, we got a little bit of grief from wise guys that we were on the square side on Thursday. I'm seeing everything everyone is saying. Russell Wilson will be better against this Cowboys' secondary than he was against the Commander's secondary. Deron Bland is out for the Cowboys. I'm just looking purely at a quarterback quarterback situation. I'm gonna bet on dak at home in a dead number that is lower than six. Andrew Thomas out for the Giants. This team has not been able to figure out how to protect quarterbacks or how to run the ball when Andrew Thomas has been out the past two seasons, Wandale Robinson limited in practice, questionable for the game. If he does play, he will be hobbled. He had more receptions last week and thelak neighbors. So I don't love the roster that the Giants are putting on the field, and I do love what the Cowboys can do at home with a much better quarterback. So I'm still on the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to find the Andrew Thomas news because that to me, I'm right there with you. That's a huge deal.
Speaker 1: He's been doubtful all week.
Speaker 2: The expectations practice all week either, like.
Speaker 1: The expectations are that he will not play.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I was just hoping, I'd hope. I was hoping Cheffy would do is like three a m. Tweet he was out, but never came. I'm not gonna lie to I sat there at one point for like thirty minutes just dead staring in social media because I was just like, tweet it.
Speaker 1: I like, you have been checking this NonStop, Like I really I want it to be true because I think it's key to the bet. And we're look, that's what we're doing. We're anticipating, we're prognosticating we're.
Speaker 2: All that. I just need it because it's this is such Oh it's spot we never take like this is a gift. I can't believe this is under six.
Speaker 3: It's been getting pounded all week by the public and professionals alike. And we talked about the the pros came in on the Giant side every time it touches six. So scary, scary, scary, scary. But I'm just gonna keep believing in they just overvaling a Giants team. And why wouldn't the public be on this Cowboys team?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They look good in a primetime game, which I mean you talked about that CD drops. How does CD not come out here where one hundred and fifty yards I saw Cowherd took his prop. I know it's super choky, but I love to play because it's like this man I saw the night they got back from that Eagles game. He apparently went to the facility and just use the jug machine, which you could say, oh, that's a looking me thing.
Speaker 2: This dude's got the money. He's not out there for look at me. This is this is more than that. This is a true high level competitor.
Speaker 3: So CD pickens I don't see how the secondary of that Giants team stops that that one.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the running game will struggle for the Cowboys. It's not gonna be like the Eagles without Jaalen Carter. That to be will be the difference maybe the game, and that's maybe the Giants can attack it. But like you just said, we both think Russ looked absolutely finished against the Washington defense.
Speaker 2: That you saw.
Speaker 3: The middle of the field for Washington against the Green Bay was wide open. They have a thirty six year old linebacker and Bobby Wagner trying to cover twenty four to twenty five year old tight ends. Like Washington's has their own issues, the Giants did not expose a single one of them. So yeah, I'm I think we're in the same page. It's I'm confident. I know I'm being these words. When they win this game by three and it's like, how did that just happen? It's weak two, It's it's weird things are going to happen. But I don't know, it just feel like it's a bad number from the books and we're going to good number here.
Speaker 1: So dude, listen, we always know that one of our blind spots is not playing favorites in our final five, and I think that this is an opportunity where we are comfortable with the good quarterback against the bad quarterback at home. To me, that's the end, that's that's the ball game. And honestly, I think there are harder decisions. For example, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm just scared because we have two of these this week and it's week two. It's like we two.
Speaker 3: We know Week two is such like an overreaction in Week one, and I feel like we're not overreacting.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't get this line. That's what's freaking me out. Chad.
Speaker 3: What pros are putting big money on this? I know they're out there. I've talked to them and it's like, I can't believe. You just love putting your heavy Your biggest bet of the weekend is on Russell Wilson and this Giants team back to back weeks.
Speaker 1: Tell me this doesn't feel like the Panthers last year, where they have bought in on something they think they are seeing with the Giants and it might be six seven, eight weeks before everything they thought they saw for the Giants. I think it's really about this defensive line coming to fruition because the quarterback play is so bad and that is undoing everything.
Speaker 3: But it's like this d line against a young guy maybe makes sense, but it's like you went, we saw last week, but now you're getting Dak. Like Dak is just like we talked before the season, he's just an underrated guy. And I think that was the biggest wake up called the public and most people watching that Eagles game. It's like, oh, yeah, this is this is a healthy Dak with confidence putting the pushing the ball downfield because it's a dying art. These guys just do not push the ball fifteen twenty yards down the field anymore. And Dak's still in that mode of pushing the ball, taking higher risk. And yeah, I think we're in the same Patriot, I just the Russell Wilson. This is Jackson Dart. I actually would look at this differently, but yeah, it feels like there's nothing less than Russ and he might be making us eat those words as we meet it later on tonight.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're feeling good about Titans, We're feeling good about Jets, We're feeling good ish about Cowboys. You said we have two of these Philadelphia minus one and a half at Kansas City. Some money starting to come in on Kansas City this morning. We're starting to see this line move back in that direction. If one and a half is the prevailing line that people can get, how are we feeling about this right now? Because I'll be honest, on Thursday, you one hundred percent convinced me that the Eagles were the right side. You were on a roll. I don't think anything has changed my mind since then. But are we courageous enough to make this one of our final five when the money might be moving against us now? And we know how scary it is to bet a game when the line is flipped from plus one to minus one?
Speaker 3: It is, But like in my mind a lot of stuff this year, with our contest, I've come to realization, especially after last week, I'd rather lose this bet here on Hurts in this spot than lose it on I don't know, Drake may or yeah, Daniel Jones, because I like those spots. I like those numbers. But here we're getting a good number on a good team. You know, Hurts, We've all seen the stats, right. I think he's at fifteen straight wins in games he's finished for the Eagles, So you know, incredible run on the flip side, this could be the low of lows, right, I mean the amount of pros I've heard from this week, and I've heard what they're saying. I get their position. Anyone can see their position coming from a mile away. Right, Oh my god, it's my homes. You think moms going over too? Like it's never ending amount of who is that guy?
Speaker 2: Is? He?
Speaker 1: Is he a sixty five year old dude from South Jersey with a you're in a cigar.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at. I'm an ac baby.
Speaker 3: It's it's never ending like it's it's so much throwing stuff from the past into your face. I get where they're coming from because I do take into account what happened in the past.
Speaker 2: Obvio seen how big of a deal is. But what does it have to do anything with this season?
Speaker 3: That the Chiefs have never been oh too since twenty fourteen or in the Mahomes era, in the any Rid air, they've never been over too? Have they ever had a brutal start where they went to Brazil and then played the defending home defending champion at home the following week? And did they lose their one and two receiver that they desperately needed.
Speaker 1: And it's just and are they all getting other than Mahomes? Are their best players closer to mid thirties than early thirties right or twenties?
Speaker 3: And it's football, Like the football, nothing lasts forever in the sport. I mean that Belichick, Brady Error, the greatness, Randy Moss, Gronk, all these amazing pieces. Raindy never got a ring with those teams. Like there's just there's windows for these different organizations. And I'm not saying this is the window closed on this team, but this team is going to be so different November than they are right now with this Chiefs team, and they're being priced in this game like this is a November game. So I make the line two and a half. It's one crazy good value on this Eagle side. And I get the professional side, right. This is you know, every talk in it on TV, every Joe public will be on the Eagles. And this is why we talked about like this cowboy side is Egle side. I don't feel great about it, but it's also something I'm trying to attack. To me and Chad had a weakness with last year where we just were scared off of public favorites like this, and you know it's weak two. I can easily eat this, but you're gonna see this season. I'm gonna take stands on this type of spots. And you know, this Chiefs team, it's it's it's a team that's really gotten me and chatting these exact spots every time we've gone against them.
Speaker 2: But it's just not the same Chiefs team from those past. It's just the defense too.
Speaker 3: When I broke down their defense with Spags, he is calling the same defense he always calls. The pieces are just so new and different. They look lost, they look slow. They're not just playing the play in the field. They're thinking and trying to react to what they're thinking. You're done in Spags defense are too slow. So yeah, we'll see. Like this is the type of game where I think it's gonna be in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Maybe some rain. You know, I don't know. Nothing favors this Chiefs team.
Speaker 3: Like it's if it was thirty degrees and snowing, I could see it working from an arrowhead. But it's September. They're banged up, Eagles are healthy. You know, it's just it just lines up. It's a good spot for this team. And yeah, pros were shows. I'll ride with the public in this exact spot. This is our squares bet of the week for sure.
Speaker 1: You sound like you are in agony right now talking about this, like the.
Speaker 2: Chat, it's scary.
Speaker 3: Like I woke like when I woke up whatever there was Friday morning, like I literally had like a horrible must have a horrible dream, and I was just like, oh my God, like Mahomes dog at home.
Speaker 2: What am I doing? But I've been settling back into it. I'm just I I have so much money on it.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe that this number has not budged, like you said, it's sitting at one and a half all week. Like we did our Sunday night show talk about the Eagles as a dog, they flipped to a favorite come Monday morning, it's been stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all week.
Speaker 3: So game of the week. I can't believe it's not the Sunday night game. I'm so happy so I can finally sleep after our show on Sunday. But yeah, this is a this is a great number, and we'll see Mahomes. All you can think of is Mahome's magic. There's no other re gonna take the Chiefs team like we could get lay word that Worthy's gonna play. But seriously, that's that's such a stretch when you think about the injuries coming off of and yeah, Andy Reid said most it's not likely that he plays, but they're still obviously leaving the door open that he could. So you know, the stummer could go down. But I think if once he gets said that he's out, this could easily go up to two.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to take it now. Now that's out one and a half for this Eagles side.
Speaker 1: We are crazy excited to announce our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. I don't know if you know this. I've got a very long history of staying at hard Rock hotels and casinos, including one football season practically living there. Literally. They've always been to me the best combination of vibe and fun. Now you can use the top rated hard Rock Bet sportsbook to place your bets all NFL season and beyond. Hard Rock Bet is the only legal sports book in the state of Florida, and it's also available in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, with more states launching all the time. You can also play on hard Rock Bets online casino if you were in New Jersey, Simon, I know you want to check that out. From here on out, you'll start to see us use hard rock that lines when we're talking about the games and everyone knows. Simon and I we have loved getting out and doing live shows. Now we can actually do them from hard Rock Property. Simon, do we see a sharp or square live show from AC just down the road from you in our future as we gear up for NFL season. Sign up for hard Rock Bet. Make a five dollars bet. You'll get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Head over to hard Rock Bet sign up and make your first deposit today. These are payable and bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital, ELC and all other states, must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions. A fly concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight eight eight admitted in Indiana. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia. I'm taking Seattle in Pittsburgh, which we loved all week, off the board because that number has moved to two and a half in a lot of places. And there's even though Joey Porter is going to be out for the Steelers, Devin Witherspoon is going to be out for maybe out for the Seahawks, So I have some injury concerns in that game as well as a concern about the number. Do you feel strongly in opposing me in removing this from our list.
Speaker 3: No, it's bad numbers two and a half in our contest. There are books out there right now sitting on three and a half for the Seahawks, So.
Speaker 2: Just go grab it.
Speaker 3: Like we said, it's a Tomlin spot to motivate his defense. This total is a forty. I mean it's been coming down and Chad just said that the Pittsburgh's defense is banged up.
Speaker 2: But I don't know the books.
Speaker 3: You're thinking Tomlin's going to motivate the guys, or maybe it says more about the Seahawks defense and I mean offense and defense. But yeah, three and a half with a total of forty when we have a really good defense in the Seahawks side, we'll see It's It's obviously we were banking a lot on Sam Donald, but it's it's really about the running scheme and that's where you think you can attack this Pittsburgh team.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no need to put it in at a bad number.
Speaker 3: But three and a half, people, if you want to be on the same side as me, I'm I'm taking that three and a half right now.
Speaker 1: I have thoughts on Dallas on Denver at Indie. That feels like the final game potentially to me. We can get it at two and a half. It's gone up since we talked about it on Thursday when you loved it at too. Do you have any other games other than that that you feel strongly about that should be our fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we can break down the Indie game. It's you know, a unique spot in the sense that the Broncos were the all hype team coming into this and I thought the Cold to be caught copping a lot more love from the general public, and they're not right.
Speaker 2: Everyone's kind of to them themselves. Well maybe Miami's just that bad.
Speaker 3: And I don't overreact to that Denver team, where my view of it coming to the season is the same thing. After two weeks or I guess a week now is the second year quarterbacks after the first year, and all the tape these defenses have to study. You've seen a playout now in a couple of games. I mean the biggest one was that Green Bay game. You saw a converted effort to heavily, heavily pressure Daniels's right side, right like that if you can get him to move to his left to throw across his body. It was pretty clear he had a glaring weakness there. And it sounds stupid, like have they not figured that out last year? But they're just little things like that, little details that some team figures out and focuses on and other teams don't notice it or exploit it the year before, but the offense they do. And watching that Denver game there's a lot of ways Tennessee can make him really and I like the the idea of you know, we're getting a good number. And that's where I agree with you that if this will be our last one in again, it's not a final one like yet I have it in there at two and a half. I'm with you, chat, I'll take it. But my fear of my doubt here is just are we overvalue this Colts team after one week? And we both agree that they are good and there are some things we really like about them, but I believe their number one and number three or corners are out of this game. That's a big deal, Colts. I'm miss send you guys with their secondary. So there's a couple of games here we'll talk about. But that's the biggest pause for.
Speaker 2: Me on that one.
Speaker 1: All Right, what am I missing?
Speaker 2: Where we at with this Saints number?
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to bring that up.
Speaker 3: It's four and a half in our contest three live. Trent might not play. He's working out before the game.
Speaker 2: I mean we talk all the time, like if you don't have him, that forty offense is not the same. He is just.
Speaker 3: The ultimate game changer between the run, scheme, everything. He just does everything so well.
Speaker 2: My fear here is.
Speaker 3: It's Shanahan with a backup, and for some reason you dive into the numbers. He does really well with backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So how many times have we said this? I don't think there's anybody who enjoys coaching when his team is injured and he's got to play backups more than Shanahan. I think he loves the challenge. I think his teams outperform. I think other teams think they're going to have an advantage, and he can scheme like nobody else in the NFL. So I know there's a big discrepancy in the numbers, but I'm really ready to put one of our precious five on the same.
Speaker 3: That's why it's like I'm not forcing it, and I just that one jumped out to me right away where it's like it's four and a half, they might be on their best.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on Indy, like I have not bet the Indie game. You've been talking about it all week. I have not been able to get myself there because I think there was some fluky stuff in that first game. They had the perfect team, perfect matchup, perfect game. Denver's defense is much better than Miami's, obviously, but I'd be more comfortable with Indy than I would be with New Orleans, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I can't get over how good Party is, especially to that team. Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You know, the past, the past record we're talking about with Shanahan and this team, I think it's fair to say they've been better in the past than they are right now in many aspects. I mean, they just, like we say all the time, you pay your superstars, the rest of the team is going to suffer. So you know they've paid these superstars. Okay, are you not playing Party?
Speaker 2: Not playing?
Speaker 1: Kittle not playing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kittle not.
Speaker 3: Playing, No, Trent, that's about what one hundred million right there? Not playing for your offense. Whatever it is, it's it's a big deal and we're going to see that. So I think both our hesitation is just the fact that, right Shanahan with the backup, But it's also, like you said, the thought of having this Saints team and we're down fourteen and I need Spencer Rattler does somehow get me back from a fourteen oh a hole.
Speaker 2: It's just it's dead. It's not happening, So I get it. What can you keep it moving?
Speaker 1: So who's left? Like, the only other team that I've been itching to bet all week is Cincinnati and I've just been wanting that number to get to three. It's gonna be three and a half. So do you have any thoughts on that? If not?
Speaker 2: Which was our fifth oh Jags?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like them, But it's another spot that it feels a lot like uh, Tennessee, where it feels like it we know it feels like a spot we have to bet. We know we have to bet it, And that's what scares me that it's why wouldn't we bet the three and a half?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's I'm glad it moved down to three, I'll tell you that much, because it's like, Okay, at least the professionals are still hitting, because it's it's hard.
Speaker 2: What we do is hard.
Speaker 3: Where the five and a half, the four and a half which all the proch took on Sunday that made sense. Them not touching a three and a half all week just gave me pause where it's like, oh man, do we miss the best of the number and we're betting a dead number here?
Speaker 2: Where you know everyone.
Speaker 3: I thought everyon would be on the Jacks. That Bengos offense was so terrible against the Browns. I'm so hesitant to back this Jacks here because it feels like we got away with murder last week with this Jacks team.
Speaker 2: We got a no sweat bet on the Jacks. I mean that to me would be the first time we've ever had.
Speaker 1: That, never had that. Yeah, I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 3: So we're definitely, like I always say Roulett Wheel, there's been seven straight Blacks. We're hitting black again if we take the Jacks here. But I can be talked into it because I bet it. Like I'm on the three and a half, I'm on the four.
Speaker 2: I just can't get over. Oh listen, running looked.
Speaker 1: For I don't want to. I don't want to bet the Jacks, sir. I would rather bet the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Oh you do at three?
Speaker 1: Well, I've just been waiting for it to get to three. So for the contest, it's this question of are we betting the Bengals at three and a half?
Speaker 2: Oh, no chance.
Speaker 1: So who's our fifth? We have the Titans, we have the Jets, we have the Cowboys, we have Philly all at basically the existing numbers of today, who's our fifth?
Speaker 3: So I feel like I'm not going to get you there, Patriots. I get it, I just I know all the underline numbers. That just it's variable against Miami. He's done so well in this exact spot, and you know the bounce back betting on Dolphins, because the Dolphins historically have owned the Patriots, especially at home, and you know, the whole thing was the dark jerseys with.
Speaker 1: The same heat and the shade, and yeah, I get.
Speaker 2: It, but it's like.
Speaker 3: Rabel's are guy, Like eventually we got a back label and there's spots like this that Vrabel has been very profitable to us in this exact spot. But again, I'm not going to force this one in because it's like not the best number in our contest. It's one and a half. You can get two and a half right now on the Patriots. That's I'd be more confident there. So if it's between that and the Colts at culture two and a half, I'm gonna take the Colts in our contest.
Speaker 1: I think we do the Colts.
Speaker 2: Do you love Atlanta? Are you still indifferent about that game?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't have to do it that because in our contest it's five and a half. I don't like I don't like Atlanta. I'm on the Viking. So so let's if you wanted to own the Atlanta and put them in a five and a half, that would have been on you, but like it.
Speaker 1: I'd rather I'd rather go with Indy plus two and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, So right now, I got Eagles minus one and a half, Colts ye plus two and a half, yep, Dallas minus five and a half, yep, Jets plus six and a half, Tennessee plus five.
Speaker 1: And a half yep. All right, that's the final five. One change was Colts.
Speaker 2: Colts Saints plus four and a half to the Colts plus two and a half. Yep. And then last big decision. Brother Survivor.
Speaker 1: Said, well, I thought we decided the other day. I ended up in I'm in two Survivor pools. I think I put in the Cardinals and I put in the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So you're on the Cowboys. Yeah, you come around all right. Well, the fans took a vote. I think I got like over one thousand, five hundred or whatever it was votes. They're on Dallas with us, so it's between them the Ravens for the fans. I want to do Dallas because it's just we'reever. We're never gonna use them again. I don't know what else in this season we take them. And I'm not gonna lie to you, Chad. I'm coming around the Panthers a little bit today where it's like I could close my eyes a little bit and see them pulling the upside off this corner.
Speaker 2: See. I know it's impossible, but listen.
Speaker 1: Oh goddamn, I Skyler man.
Speaker 3: I can't your eyes. Can't do Kyler, I can't do it. You're a man for putting your survivor. I can't do Kyler.
Speaker 1: I got a good okay in your eyes. The reason I didn't do the Ravens and we'll let everyone we'll get out of here, is there's a very good chance towards the end of the year a lot of teams they play will be injured. So could they, But I think overall their roster is better, and I'd rather have to use the Ravens late in the year than any other the other teams we were talking about, all right, So just to be clear, the final five Tennessee Titans plus five and a half. That's where the line is right now. Jets plus six and a half, Dallas minus five and a half, Philadelphia minus one and a half, uh, Indianapolis plus two.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 1: That'll be a graphic on the screen. You're probably seeing it right now. This has been Sharper Square, part of the Volume podcast network. We will be back on Sharper Square YouTube tonight live after the late afternoon games around seven thirty pm Eastern. We'll recap all the misery employ of the day. Watch or listen on YouTube at Sharper Square. Like this video, subscribe to the channel, download us from Spotify, Apple Pods, wherever you get your pods, rate review, subscribe, leave us some feedback. It is a gift until tonight. Love you