Speaker 1: Well, well, the.
Speaker 2: Cats are officially at the crossroads and the Nuggets and Yogics are looking shams. Mike, Oh that's right, Yeah you did that on purpose. No, I actually that was just a genius move from producer Jabbari. But that's one of those times the crossroads, it overlaps and it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And yet, look, I probably, uh you know, took an L here thinking that the Nuggets were actually just gonna lay down and die after those first two games against the Wolves.
Speaker 1: I think I remember saying that Yoka should retire, and I regret that now in retrospect, he's been exposed. And I've been telling you.
Speaker 2: I think I called him a fraud. I called him Rod and he's been exposed. And so that's an L for me, but not in L for us today because we have comedian Jammel Johnson in the building. I'm Miles Gray and I'm.
Speaker 1: Jack O'Brien and this is Myles Jack.
Speaker 2: Sorry, got it? Luka, doncic hitch ten K there you going be driving spinning from got it with five?
Speaker 1: Is gonna try another three?
Speaker 2: Mister, look on.
Speaker 1: Change, be honest with the tailor doll. Look out, no showtime. What you got honest.
Speaker 2: Comedian Jamal Donson in the building, co host of The Brandon Jamel Show, Thank you so much for joining us UH to talk all things NBA.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for having me guin here. We are here, we are, thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: Man. Just a quick bit of news, just looking at the draft lottery results here the last sixty eight games and wound up with the fifth pick, and the Hawks they were like, oh, probably maybe the ninth position. They got to the number one pick in the upcoming draft.
Speaker 1: They're in the plane, weren't they, or they barely missed the plan.
Speaker 3: No, they were in the place. It was the worst game in the play it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tried and they ended up with the first pick.
Speaker 3: Y got rewarded for trying and looking stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations. Everybody's so down on this draft. I'm just gonna say, And usually, like I feel like people are generally right about like the top of the draft when they're like, there's nothing going on here. But I don't understand why, because there's so there's so many times when like a player gets picked. I mean, we're gonna end up talking about Jokic a lot today and he was in the sad like deep second round during a Taco Bell commercially got picked. So I wouldn't sit this draft out completely were I uh an NBA franchise, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm a Wizards fan, so obviously I feel the same way. But now that we got the number two pick, I've been looking right and so one thing I don't know much about any of these guys. Straight up. The only thing that I know for sure is the top two prospects that ESPN had listed or French. They just released the team France the tryout roster for the Olympics. It ain't even the real fifteen team. It's twenty dudes, and neither of them two dudes was in the twenty two dude roster. And I said, Okay, maybe maybe this draft is bad. If you're telling me the top two French guys can't make the French team and they want to come over here and it wouldn't be playing.
Speaker 2: What is it do they have like a cap? Because I know, with like some things, you're gonna have a certain number of like old fashioned rows or whatever. They got all type of But but yeah, when they got beat the Dream Team, though it's not like they're like, you don't put out the farmers.
Speaker 3: No, they got but they got every other They got Yappiselli, they got every other French guy, they got Haitian guys on this team.
Speaker 2: They got all the French guys, right, so they can't even Yeah, there's there's no Christian Latner type appearances on the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, I just it's a little worrisome that neither Resiche or Are didn't even crack the tryout team.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at look at our roster. We got Halliburton and no Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 3: So well, if I was Brunton, I take the summer off too.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: You're playing fifty two minutes a game. Yeah, fifty two minutes in a forty eight minute game, right, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How Yeah? Did you see that Tims made them run suicides in the like halftime, He made them run the lines high.
Speaker 3: School basketball playing high school ball.
Speaker 2: Truly, right, He's like every turnover you're running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't care, get down and give me twenty man. Yeah, I'm trying to conserve energy. Uh not on my watch. Anyways, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean in the comedy world, this is good for us.
Speaker 2: Soon yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it'll be full of so who knows it might render the next Jokic. Maybe I don't know who knows.
Speaker 3: Or let me ask you this some sort of general over under on how many dudes you think are going to be like real players, not necessarily all stars or all just like dudes when you look at him and you'll go, yeah, that dude's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a player whose name I learned and memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah right.
Speaker 2: Right, and you're like, oh, that was the only good one out of that draft class. Yeah, I guess just statistically, at least, I'll bet three, right, Okay, I was going to say, like that three is low historically bad draft.
Speaker 1: Play in the game, three would be three wild unless there was some sort of plague that wiped that like came through.
Speaker 2: Hey, stranger things have happened. Stranger things have happened.
Speaker 1: Miles knows some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't look, I'm just saying stay away, stay away. But yeah, shall we dive into the playoffs?
Speaker 1: I mean, the other big question is is Bronnie going to Because Bronnie said he's he's coming, He's just focusing on his self confidence and.
Speaker 2: That should be I feel bad for that.
Speaker 1: Guy man, oh, I too, you can't curious is anybody gonna do the thing? They draft him and they're like, hey.
Speaker 2: Lebron, I mean, Danny Ainge is making that noise right now. It seems like sounds like that's what the rumors are.
Speaker 3: Stop it. Yeah, he can't make Lebron move the Utah I know that's not right.
Speaker 1: I know he feels wrong though.
Speaker 2: At the very least, the wine has to be readily available at any time of day, any day of the week, at a minimum, for Lebron James to be anywhere and then swapping in dirty sodas I know, yeah, maybe he does in his old age. You know, I'm the same age. I'm I'm getting more and more interested in dirty sodas.
Speaker 3: So that would be funny to see Lebron like just get that because he's drinking like milk and pepsi, right right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, For people who don't know what dirty sodas are, it's just sodas with extra like corn syrup and yeah, and really popular in Utah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like whole cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cream mixed with pepsi, mixed with extra sugar because like pepsi doesn't have enough sugar in it.
Speaker 3: This is what they're drinking instead of forties out.
Speaker 2: The yes, exactly, Well they're drinking forty ounces of that. But yeah bye bye blood sugar. But anyway, should we get to the playoffs? But yeah, yeah, yeah, why not? Why not if that is happening that is currently then, oh man.
Speaker 1: Playing playoffs, these dang playoffs. I'm not gonna make it all. I'm not gonna make this whole episode about how Luca is taking food out of my children's mouth. But he is taking I I bet one hundred dollars in the off season that Okay was going to win the title oh my during summer league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 1: That would win me. I think over ten thousand dollars. Where it to come to fruition, my lord and Luka Doncic Yeah he heard, Yeah, yeah he's And it's all. I do have to make this about myself, and I do have to take this personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they just look overmatched. I coming in and like sitting back and looking, I'm like, I feel like, okay See, like the coaching matchup is at least a wash. Like I thought okay See's coaching like would be maybe slightly better. I'm not a huge kid person. Talent wise, I feel like they're maybe a little bit stronger. But I think it's coming down to who has the best player, like a lot of playoff series do. And even though Luca hasn't been great across the series, I mean that's what Game five came down to. It felt like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it seems like his health is the biggest. Like the games where they lose, Luca's out there hoppling around. You know, it looks like one of his glutes is all messed up or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, But I mean, like I thinking he was saying is like, I'm going to try and not really complain as much and just focus on having fun. And then he's like a casual thirty one, eleven and ten, and She's like, yeah, it feels like just just being myself out there again, focusing on the lob still lively too.
Speaker 1: I was just like, Wow, full court lob dude.
Speaker 2: Those locks lob city unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he threw, he threw a lot like that's up there with the longest libs I've ever seen. That was actually like we were looking in the door. Yeah, that ended in a dunk. That's basically tied for I think Jokic had one from an out of bounds play like at the three quarter court. Yeah, and then there's obviously the d Wade full court to Lebron, but Lebron laid like a coward, so it doesn't count.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we do not recognize layup lobs here. That's that's not a lob. That's called living with fear in your heart.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that was the play when I knew Okay, so he wasn't gonna win. It was very similar to the full court shot by h Jamal Murray that I was like, oh, okay, put the wolves away, Yeah, put the wolves away. That that might do it for the whole series. I know this is only game four, but they might do it for the whole series.
Speaker 3: And as far as the maps go, I still think it's gonna go seven. I do have the MAVs winning. I have the MAVs winning though, sorry, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Have a I'm not a big gambler, and this is like making me realize, like why people gamble.
Speaker 2: I'm just like man, this series burn too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but this series is really Uh. Both me and my my wife are like living and dying with this.
Speaker 2: So because what game six is? Game six is in Dallas. Yeah, so they're gonna steal one.
Speaker 1: They've been winning in Dallas and losing at home, and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Luca's health is more important than any location. Also, I'm convinced this is the only team Jason Kidd could coach, just like a generational a generational point guard with an attitude problem, then another.
Speaker 1: One right right right? Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Who else to put these dudes together? And you just add two bigs who are the same and Gafford. Hey, they catch a loud from anywhere? Yeah, yeah, got a nice thing.
Speaker 2: They're not missing they're not missing Brunson, though.
Speaker 3: I don't know you know how that's true. They're not missing Brunton, they're not missing Lebra, They're not missing uh who else used to play for them, Dwight Pale. They got another dude who just looks like Tinier, Dwight Pale. Yeah, get the other one, get the Dwight pal In.
Speaker 1: The idea that Brunton could be on this team right now is wild to me. I mean, I guess they wouldn't have Kyrie. If true, it is the difference. Yeah, yeah, but we'll get to the Eastern Conference in a bit. But yeah, oh my god, should we take a break and come back and talk Nuggets?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do let's do that. Let me let me memory hole my bad takes. So when I come back, I'll say, I know all this was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna do a hard reset, which is where you take one of those thera gun things to the temple. Yeah, we asked you to do the same thing and come back and you you won't remember our bad takes about this series from last.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, we're back. We're back on Yeah, I don't I don't remember. Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, thank you. Jamel is the only one who didn't do the hard reset during the break. Wow, Nuggets and Timberwolves in the playoffs, I did not see. That's wild.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that the Wolves are here this far against the defending champs.
Speaker 1: What did they think?
Speaker 2: What did they think was gonna happen? My goodness, Oh boy, yeah. Game four was just dude, I think it was O two. Last time we it was too and I hold on my my memory is coming back, and I don't want to acknowledge the things that I said, or I said any team that had a Canadian on it was taken L's because Kendrick defeated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, it was Drake. Sorry, but saw you were right about it all. Yeah, I guess not about Jamal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my goodness, he heard because we were just like, yeah, we'll see what happens. And then that that like eight points in like two seconds, that run they went on. I was like, oh no, yeah, oh no, no, no, it's a freaky Friday.
Speaker 3: The series went Freaky Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, truly, And I think it was probably one of those things where like Jokic was like, I love my horses, but I also am a competitor, so maybe it isn't time to go on full summer break moade. And then to Game five. I'm haunted by his performance in Game five, just everything about it. He put on just a show.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets should have lost. I guess it really comes down to two things. I think this is Shack and Rudy Gobert's fault together. Part one.
Speaker 1: Rudy, stay with your kid after they win.
Speaker 3: In game two, don't come back continue to bond with your child, talk read sing it changes everything. Stay with that child for the rest. Skin to skin contact. Yeah, get with him, stay close, guard your kid. Be defensive player of the year on your child.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Part two Shack telling Jokics to his face then he thinks he's overrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was truly and I took that personally.
Speaker 3: He literally took it personally. He's like, oh you think, okay, oh right, what And he was probably like, why does Shack think he's that much better than me? Because he used to dunk hard. I'll dunk hard, right, fine, dunk five times in this game. Sure.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's the only way that like bulletin board material is getting to him is if it's like personally related and said it was faced. It's not like he's like opening up a twinner or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, not at all. It takes real face to irl insults like in the olden days to be like I challenge you to a duel. He's like, what me, Oh challenge accepted? Where do you Jamel? Where do you see you know Jokic in terms of like all time bigs, because I think that's something as we see him play more and more and when MVP after MVP and you know, potentially getting two rings now and at twenty nine years old.
Speaker 3: I mean, uh, definitely one of the greatest. Uh. I'm one of those dudes who likes to do like just a group like a tear because I give I give extra credit to the old school guys because there's no video for us to truly like really break down. It's like you get a pass. Plus, you guys were playing off twelve beers, So actually I'm giving you more credit for playing off twelve.
Speaker 2: Beers and like leather sold dress shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think. But I think he's like he's in the conversation with the teams, Wilts and all them dudes. But I think he raises a bigger thing. I think we need to add a new category of coolest pigs. And I don't think he's coolest, no, which is what we when people don't want to put him in the greatest list, they actually don't want to put him in the coolest list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just not as cool as Yeah, he just is a horse boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's Yeah, he's a horse boy who plays uncle ball. Heah the highest order of like Uncle driveway ball, because that's how he makes people defending him look where they are like flummixed and he's like, come on, now, you didn't know I'm gonna do this, but behind.
Speaker 1: The backslu put the ball behind your head and then like yeah too.
Speaker 3: Late, or your garden them close. You're literally inside his shorts and he could just shoot a he could just shoot a rainbow ball that goes higher than it does like distance, right.
Speaker 1: What like yeah, and it's just cash right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a bad launch and angry birds When you first play, you're like, oh, man, I released that way too high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know there was I was supposed to break the I was supposed to blow up the pigs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how high I can make it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jokic selling a pair of shoes like that was because they always talk about like big men can't really sell shoes, like Shaq had those shoes, But like that was about it. Like the idea of Jokic being like them being doing a big launch like Jordan Brand. Jokic just is so funny to me. Yeah, that just like proved your point. He's so casual too, he'd probably be like buy them if you want. Yeah, uh, like just cowboy boots, like fun riding boots.
Speaker 3: They just I believe I just saw an Instagram post his shoe company H three six one is they're doing a SpongeBob line.
Speaker 1: Of yolks there you go, which I don't sense.
Speaker 3: Which they probably were like, look, let's just we'll just make SpongeBob sell them and sell them. We'll just you know, we'll play sweet Victory and it'll be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That one video that's being shared around a lot. I wish I knew who originally made it, but it's a cut up of like all the best players in the NBA working out intercut with Yo Kic in the off season, just like wearing stupid hats and like riding bikes or like dancing or you know.
Speaker 3: It's just look, if if Yo kch acknowledged one rap song, if Yo Kich there was a video of of of Yo Kich playing not like us, a lot of people's mind would change immediately. But he's just not cool and you can't make him cool. In fact, that's probably why he's so good.
Speaker 2: That's the thing though, too, Like for me, as I get older, I'm like, that's the coolest thing about Jokic is that he's like, I'm not trying to be cool. This is this is what you get, Like, this is who I am, this is how I play, And I'm honestly, I'm so focused on like what I'm doing that I it doesn't occur to me that maybe I could have a cooler haircut or you know, my sneakers could be this way or the other. He just I don't know. That's I think that's what makes him so like, I don't know, unique to me is that he just he feels like someone who's just purely interested in his own craft and that's why he's where he's at.
Speaker 3: It's so annoying that he has levels to it too, Like he thought he was trying to get through the whole playoffs playing YMCA ball, right, and then Shaq was mean to him, and He's like, all right, well now I gotta go with dunks. Yeah, now I gotta play La fitness ball, right, take it up a level. He added a little little intensity.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: It really all comes from the passing though, Like just watching some of the buckets he got in the lane in this series, it's just one on one, like you have nobody coming to help. And it's because he's such a great passer. But that's that's why he's able to get away with just like the wildest like up and under the like looks like truly, why i'mc a ball touch.
Speaker 3: And field, bro. He has the best feel for the ball. He knows exactly the win like when he with his when his little finger pads touched the bristles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just knows. Yeah, he really does.
Speaker 2: It feels like he at almost savant level, Like how like chess players can remember like all the positions on the board, like he like he actually knows. He's like, oh, I'm touching this part of the basketball near like near the inflation hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, if you put you a finger, if you put you a ring finger near the little nipple thing. Yes, yeah, he's doing crazy nipple springs extring music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, every time.
Speaker 1: He's got Lebron computer brand for sure, Like he's got that thing where it's just like the ball is always going exactly the best place possible to get a bucket.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's like if Rick Smit's was Kyrie Irving. Yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, how right?
Speaker 2: Yeah man, And that was what it wasn't, didn't shackaway say, Rick Smith's was his first nightmare.
Speaker 3: One of them because because Rick could actually shoot too, he had a little he wasn't. He was stronger than Sean Bradley, right, and he was better from outside of the paint.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Shack named Rick Smits is one of the four players he actually feared, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he didn't want to have to leave the paint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, shock at it easy, shack at it easy in them two thousands. Yeah, yeah, he just got to sit in the paint and eat chicken.
Speaker 1: They did let him just eat while he was in the paint, but yeah, on like feeding on opponents.
Speaker 2: And also they were just like, yeah, feeding himself. Yeah, I needs a lot of clories.
Speaker 3: They're just bringing him eight pieces from pavilions.
Speaker 2: Right, like, and the poor ball boys are like, man, it's hard to get the grease stains out of the ball man. You just have to put put a new one in every time, every time it goes out.
Speaker 1: So what are we thinking to this point? Nuggets and six seems right.
Speaker 2: Doesn't blowing a two game lead just feel like such a hard momentum shift to try and come back from Like I get that. You know, obviously going up three and then losing is like the worst, but I don't know, it just felt like for those first two games, like maybe Minnesota was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, we might have it like that, and then just kind of yeah, do you like the way Jokic isn't on the bulletin boards you think the Wolves were because the staff of ESPN was like, this is the best defensive team to ever play defense in the sport. Yeah, and it's like right that that performance Game two was one of the greatest single games of defense.
Speaker 1: But you have to do it four times, right, Yeah, Yeah, it turns out and that surprised me too. I did not see that coming four times. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not fair because I thought it was a rap. I was like, pack it up, man, they've been found out. I don't need for anymore. But yeah, it's over the course of a whole series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honnible mentioned to the city of Minnesota as well, just because I feel like they are collective nerves because Minnesota's never won anything. So once the Nuggets came into their building and win on a ten oh run, yeah, that murmur Tottenham thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles.
Speaker 2: This is what they're thinking out there, that's gone. I know it's called a culture of losing, but you know, I don't want to bring that up. You know, I don't want to say loser mentalities. I know something about that, baby. That's why I'm I'm picking Dallas and six. I don't want to see a games of them. Come on, don't don't hurt me. It's all being done to me exactly.
Speaker 1: But all right, So we got Dallas, we got Nuggets. That'll be, you know, an interesting matchup, but I think I think the Nuggets probably have to be the favorite out West and then in the East. My lock of the week is the Celtics are going to make it to the Eastern Conference finals because they've already gotten the four wins, which I think is what is required.
Speaker 2: I'm still on the fence. I'm still on the fence.
Speaker 1: But let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about the East and we're back.
Speaker 3: So I am.
Speaker 1: I am a Celtics versus the field person like I will root for anyone as long as it's not the Celtics for a championship. Uh. They do seem to be having the easiest time in the playoffs though, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they the Calves did their best. They did their best.
Speaker 1: You know, we're doing a little gentleman sweep thing where every round they're like, and we'll we'll take game two off. How about that? Yeah, that'll keep it interesting.
Speaker 3: It really reflects Missoula as a coach. Yeah, it feels like he's given away one just out of respect Galaxy brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep them hungry. He's like, what's the best one for us to lose so that they stay hungry, they don't get a big head. I know a lot of Boston sports fans were like, could they They're gonna run the table. Bro, They're gonna they're not gonna lose a game before they get.
Speaker 3: Talking that mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything changed, bro, ever since, ever since Derek shaved his head. Bro, I told you, I told you which is different. It's different, Bro, it's different.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 2: When I saw that too at the beginning of the season, I was like, Oh, if you didn't go to Turkey and you actually just went to you know what, I'm calling time on my hairline because you're you're in a different you're in a different you're on your Heisenberg's up. Yeah, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, but yeah, I don't the Yeah, it's I think maybe it could be. The other thing too, is like if they just swept their way through. He's like the median narrative would be too much. Man, just like just lose a game here and there, keep the keep the pressure low. But yeah, it's the Calves. Man. Hey, Donovan Mitchell, you want to stop by la. I heard heard he might heard, he might be looking for something new. Heard he might be something for something new.
Speaker 1: Smiles that you're willing to go on the record and say what you said before we started recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you always said that. I'm not willing to tie the fate of the Lakers to Lebron James career.
Speaker 3: I'm not with this point a man. At this point, no drafted Browny, you'd be upset. Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. This is not a family reunification center. This is a serious basketball club.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not.
Speaker 2: Sick down to them for Lebron, straight up, Donovan is something else? Well, this is a hypothetical because Jabari was trying to test my gangster as a Laker fantasy. Like, I'm like, yes, I again, I just do not think Kobe was one thing and that that set us back like a decade.
Speaker 3: You know, the end of Kobe was you saying the same thing when he was still after you know the achilties I was.
Speaker 2: I was, I've always been such a like the team over the players kind of person. But I understand the sentimentality of Kobe Bryant, so pardon me, was like whatever, maybe, And I get that, like, because it's rare to have someone go their whole career with one team that as as a sign of respect, you do that. Fine, I don't mind that, but knowing what that did to us long term, uh, and the limitations it put on us. That's why when I see this, like when I read headlines about, you know, the Lakers are willing to offer Lebron James any deal that he wants, I'm like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, that's that that's not good for us long term, especially when I thought, like you know, the buzz was like, you know, we're really focusing on this being like an ad team, and I don't know, I mean like now there's talk of like JJ Reddick and now like that whole podcast look like a weird soft audition for the head coaching job.
Speaker 3: Crazy, it's just.
Speaker 2: All it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: But anyway, enough about that. It's not about it's not about my take on Lebron James and and whether or not he should be on the Lakers right now. And I get it, but I see this debate happening all the time where it's like, but I'd rather have Lebron James on a bad Lakers team than to not have Lebron James and be a bad Lakers team. And I'm like, you have to think longer term here, Like it's I get that the Jersey sales and all that is one thing, but practically I don't think it's It's not a great move for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: No, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Jazz will work out. We'll see.
Speaker 1: You can go to you love would love that for him for.
Speaker 2: That you imagine that was so weird to see that happen. But yeah, no, but yeah the Cavs, you did your thing, and you know it's time to visit your uncle Charles, y'all, because you are at the crossroads.
Speaker 1: I miss him. I miss my uncle Charles, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by that I mean Charles Barkley. Yeah, we may not be on TV we'll see, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: They like the all the rumors around the Calves are like anybody can go. They're like, there, can they play these two people? Can they play uh, Mitchell and Garland together? Can they play Alan and Mobley together? We just blow it up like it's like, no, you guys have some good pieces, like what, you don't need to blow it up necessarily. But it does remind me of the days before Lebron came home and suddenly everybody on the Calves was like expendable. I don't think he's going back to Cleveland right.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone was looking so much into that his appearance, his appearance Game four, and they're like, what does this mean?
Speaker 3: It means that he lives in Yeah, it means he has a house.
Speaker 2: His hometown and he had got nothing else to do, so he's gonna drink coffee, wine and water.
Speaker 3: What is the deal with him getting to bring his own bottle? Is it just because like, like, is it actually legal for him to have his own bottle at a game?
Speaker 1: I think it should be made federally legal for him to drink wine wherever he wants.
Speaker 3: Obviously fine with it. I'm fine with it too. I just wonder if it's actually like if somebody, you know, like like if a character from a from a nineties cartoon type villain really wanted to like.
Speaker 1: Get Lebron, you get out of here? Yeah, right, get out of here.
Speaker 2: It's it's look, you know, sometimes people just got it like that in their hometown, and I think that's all it was. He's like, yeah, that's normal. People are asking why I can't do that. I'm not because no one ever says no to me in this town.
Speaker 3: So you know, he tried it first at like a BJ's yeah, I'm Lebron, goddamn James.
Speaker 2: Slowly just escalating, Yeah, yeah, yeah, He's like okay, okay, and I'm gonna try to look at you know what. Let's go to Olive Garden to see what they say, because that's a brewery, but all of Garden they have their own wine where.
Speaker 1: They might they might take it there, they might have a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like okay, okay, let's go to the Hilton. Let's see what Let's see what happens if I can just drink this in the lobby.
Speaker 1: Huh. Eventually Celtics are through Jamel. You feel like the Celtics are coming out of the East.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it seems like I do give the Pacers an outside chance still, Like I don't know. The thing about the Knicks is its Timms army is at some point they're gonna run out of limbs, right right, right, They just have to I think winning in the I think being in the Garden is like a plus a million. So like there's a chance that they make they beat the Pacers and make these finals and then Boston's just gonna run over them in five because they just don't have anybody left. Like maybe if an Anobe was available, it's got to be Boston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still big question mark.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm getting as as a anti Boston fan, I'm getting dreams of an Andob coming through and like making this an interesting series. But I think those are pipe dreams.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that'd be amazing if he came out and hooped in a neck brace. That's what the Knicks need. The Nicks in the East Final, they make the East Final, they should somebody should be all come.
Speaker 1: Out of the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need their Paul Pierce moment. We're like, yeah, God he's back, and he's like, look, I'm in a full on immobilizing halo. But I could.
Speaker 3: But I'm still lateral movement is still yeah, very I'm still starting the three point line like like never before.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But Jalen Brunson, what do you do? Did you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What? What do you think about Jalen Brunson? Did you were you expecting this kind of rise from him? I mean, obviously the talent was always there, but now just looking at like statistically what he's doing. Five games of forty plus points and five plus assists, that's tied with Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Now I don't think I saw that. I mean, I knew he was really good from the one year he was the MAVs and they made the West Final. I knew he was really good. But you never know what's gonna happen when dudes change teams, especially going to the Knicks. That's like nothing but stress, Yeah, nothing but stress, and.
Speaker 2: He's taking man, He's absolutely embraced it.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 3: That video of his dad working him out. I know a lot of guys have similar like uh paths or stories, but just like they always pull that video of his dad just being mean as shipped to him in the park. Working on wonderable pull ups. Yeah, and he kept shooting them. Yeah, seems like it worked.
Speaker 2: It's that Earl Woods school of father coaching, you know, like some people might say it's abuse, but it will render mild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dad's still over there on the bench. What did I say?
Speaker 2: What did I say? Oh, you're running, You're running after this, You're running after this.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like I definitely felt like, uh, you know, players have their gravitational equilibrium of like where they where their teams usually want to end up in the playoffs. His always seems to be like further than we expect. So yeah, I feel like but I didn't. I didn't see him being like mentioned in the same breath as Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Come exactly, Bro, That's why those Knicks fans I was tight, He's the goat. Bro, He's the goat, Nick Bro.
Speaker 1: I mean if he takes some of the Eastern Conference finals with like a pretty diminished and even before that, like not that stacked team, I get it, Like I've I'll allow it. I'm not gonna say he's actually the goat.
Speaker 2: But no, but I mean that was the excitement. I feel like Knicks fans were feeling. They're like, this could actually take us somewhere, because it would it would be since two thousand, the last time they were in the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: So I mean, yeah, it's it's it's uh. I'm I'm like, I just again. I like seeing Nick's back up in it, and I like to see that the blue and orange are.
Speaker 1: You know, We've always been a huge James Dolan fan. I've always been a huge James to see happened to a good That was the thing.
Speaker 2: I remember when you told me about that. I was like, wait, hold on, the guy who's in my favorite band.
Speaker 1: I know, it's wild, Like it's so wild that, like the guy that you know from JD and the Straight Shot is actually also the owner of the Knicks.
Speaker 2: And then you told me about his dad. I was like, no way, no way, this guy anyway. Pleasant surprises abound, That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: We did a podcast series about a Great Divide, The Great Divide, the j D and Straight Shot album, the transcendent seminal work of.
Speaker 2: Yeah I Danced with My Mother Too, It must be Night the second, I think the third track on that album at my wedding, so all right.
Speaker 1: Is it time? Yeah, it is time for the rapid fire round of questions.
Speaker 2: It is time for the rapid fire round of question John L. Johnson, you have wandered into the hot seat. We are going to ask you a series of questions. Do not meander thinking about your answer, give long winded answers, just quick just chest pass it right back, okay, because we're trying to keep this thing moving and if you take too long, we are going to be very rude to you. Okay, So I just want to I don't want to know, don't want to don't want any surprises.
Speaker 1: You've already seen that I have a bit of a hard edge. Yeah, so don't even mess around.
Speaker 2: It's called me a Sixers fan. All right, that's what happens, That's what it does to somebody. And you've already shown. I've already shown I'm not I don't know where my head's at because I'm a Laker fan. So this is a very unpredictable segment, very unpredicted of anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go anywhere, might show up who.
Speaker 2: Knows, Yeah, exactly, selling you a danger dog and it might be me who's gonna start first. But first, Brian, start the clock. Should I go first?
Speaker 1: We think, uh start that?
Speaker 2: All right, Jamelle, you can go back in time to personally witness any of the following and I will play these options for you. First, here is the first option of iconic moments. You could be in the building for Hey locks.
Speaker 1: Again to the Jordan of the Circle puts the shot of the air God.
Speaker 2: The game's over and the bolts of one. Jordan beat them at the buzzer with a jump shot of the circle and Chicago has backed up the cams.
Speaker 1: One oh one to one hundred.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Jordan underwhelming call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they didn't have They didn't put sauce on them back.
Speaker 1: Then, No could have, could have. And the game is over. Why are you still listening to my voice? I said, the game is over.
Speaker 2: It's over. Get out of here, go home, get out of here, all right. Second one, adults, here the amazing game time three pointer in game six first found, jam goes for the three right away, Just attack the basket. James Catches puts up a three.
Speaker 1: We'll go fash.
Speaker 3: The time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I actually got goose bums.
Speaker 1: That don't know.
Speaker 3: But he was really good man.
Speaker 1: They were They had the Champagne ready to roll onto the court from the first truly.
Speaker 2: And finally Calves lebron James hitting that buzzer beater versus Raptors in Game three, and some pressures.
Speaker 1: Now, the big thing is make sure you do not foul.
Speaker 2: Anybody here on the dribble.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be James.
Speaker 1: Throws up the futter good nice really holds the special place of the Calves.
Speaker 2: You know, the comment the commentary spectrum or that one. You got something, but again I get it too. That was that was a dagger from from Michael Jordan's So those are your three options, Jameel. You can go and see any of those in the flush. Jordan's game winner over Elo Ray, Allen's corner three, or Lebronze game winner versus Raptors. What do you got?
Speaker 3: I think, just in terms of the level of the game, I think I gotta take that finals game. I think I gotta go to Miami. Plus I'm court side. I get to see how weird DJ Khaled's acting. I get to see how weird he's being up bros. Yeah, that's like, can't miss it. Terry Hilson was probably there. I mean, the stars were out, dude. Yeah, it's weird I that I have a weird amount of Spurs gear in my life. I just I just respect that team a lot, just like it was like like when the league was turning into high flying the they were just like, well, just what if we just never left the ground for real?
Speaker 1: But it was just like one of my.
Speaker 3: Yeah one with this, like they were just playing like w NBA ball and I just loved it. But I think in that series I kind of would. It was one of the first times in my life where I was sort of rooting for Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Really that was the only time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean Cleveland Lebron. I'm a Wizards fan.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: He got his name off our back, bro, he got his whole name off us bro the crab dribble, you know what I'm saying. And even when he came to Miami, it was like they created divisions and then now he's in our division right right right, And it was like I can't even why should I be happy for this man? But it finally just him verse the Spurs. It felt like this was like it was the generational thing. It was like when everybody wanted everybody wanted to see Lebron versus Kobe in the final. We this was the closest we got to that, right, Yeah, So it just was like that one. It felt really big and I was like, fine, Lebron, I guess you could beat the Spurs. I guess they got five rings. I guess you could win one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was cool and just so unexpected, like yeah, and to repeat, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Ray Allen. Everybody on the Celtics hated Ray Allen, like him and like white Ladies and Applebee's or that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and finally and it sounds like you and I are gonna have different answers to this one. So face of the NBA for the next five years.
Speaker 3: Oh, just straight up, okay, straight up, the face of the league starting now.
Speaker 2: Starting now, starting now, starting, and now.
Speaker 3: This is tough because they wanted to be really bad, but then they blew that series. Had they beat the Nuggets, he'd be the face. There'd be no questions. But them losing leaves the door open for SGA, leaves the door open for damn who else is even American? Do we even have any other eligible Americans to put on the face of this thing?
Speaker 2: Might not have to be American.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think they would have to concede.
Speaker 1: Who are they?
Speaker 3: The Luca He says, bad words, give me, give me s g a man, It'll be.
Speaker 1: Somehow.
Speaker 3: He speaks for the TikTokers, Right.
Speaker 1: He sings so beautifully. Yeah, bad is so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my answer is Lebron. I think he's still going to be here five years from now, just as the population ages.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Lebron, you know, yes, continuing the trend of people who should be retiring being like what if I just held on for a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we shall see. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Jamel Johnson, thank you so much for joining us on Miles and Jack on Mad Boosties. Where do people find and you follow? You, support you, hear you all that.
Speaker 3: I'm all over the place. It's Broccoli House on Instagram. That's where I'm at, the most nonprofit comic on Twitter. Also got a couple of things I'm doing. I'm doing a show on my IG called w NBA Minutes every Monday. I'll just give you a few minutes on the League Weekly. And The Brandon Jamail Show is a comedy. It's a gay comedy lifestyle podcast. Starring myself and Brandon Mordell. And that's and the air buds and sorry, love football coming back soon. Good American football hits.
Speaker 2: There, It is there, it is well. You can make sure you can follow us on Twitter. I'm at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 1: I'm at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 2: And you can follow the hashtag mat boostis bb sd I e s for show links and updates, and be sure to join the conversation on our discord, which you can also find the link for when you search hashtag mad Boosty's because our first question, the rapid fire, actually came from discord. It's a discord topic, So thank you to all that participate. That's it for us this week. Maybe next week, who knows, maybe we'll be talking about how the Wolves pulled off the impossible wad. Let's just be real wrong that the Nuggets are gonna do it. But hey, we're gonna have a good time looking at the conference finals next week. So until then, we'll see you.
Speaker 1: Take care, Bye bye to people in Aurora.