Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Week three of football was very entertaining. Those block field goals that led to touchdowns both by the Jets and the Eagles were crazy. Jalen Hurts and the offense really showed up too, And don't get me started on Jonathan Taylor and the Coats. They had a date. Making picks on Prize Picks is simple. Be sure you download the app for the upcoming games, which players are going off, which players aren't. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds. Prize pix is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app today. Use cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks it's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for enjoining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite. I'm Shannon Sharp. There's my partner in co hosts. He's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree Madden's ratings adjuster, Hall of Pro Football. Almost on the ballot. I saw that on Joe. You're on the ballot. You're on the Hall of Fame ballot.
Speaker 3: What's that? Wait?
Speaker 2: They put me on there?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, they put your way on there.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, hey, Well let me tell you, boy, they let me in there.
Speaker 2: If you can't, you can't get in. If you ain't on the ballot, you're on the ballot.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me tell you something. Let me say before you before you finish, before you finish the introduction. There have been a lot of Hall of Famers that have went into the Hall of Famer, right, but if they let we take the glass off, boy, if they let me in there, well understand me.
Speaker 3: I'm coming out with Frank Sinatra plan.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 2: I love all of all.
Speaker 4: I love the Hall of Fame Committee, I love all the Hall of Fames. They had, but they never had one introduced like this. It's gonna be a movie. I'm telling you, it's gonna be a production the same way, the same way.
Speaker 3: Entitay you playing?
Speaker 4: I got to I got to go in the same Wayne, It's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a show.
Speaker 1: But that's that's neither hear nor that Bingles Ringo fan Materie pro Bowler. That's Chad o Yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you that listened and have supported us from day one. Thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier now. If you're in a state or a city that does not have it, you can order it online. We'll ship it the dirictly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe while you're out there. Please go follow my media company on all of his platforms, Shayshape Media and my Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat o Jo Nightcap has been nominated for two Signal Awards under the genre Best Sports Podcast and under Video Best Video Podcast co Host Team. We're in second place to the Kelsey's in the Sports category and we're in second place to Michelle Obama and her brother co host team category. Hey chat, y'all know, y'all, y'all know what to do. I mean, we temperate that temperad temperary. We've got Viking safety John mittellus and forty nine is running back Brian Robinson Junior joining us a little bit later. But first first, Brian dave Ball named Jackson Dark QB one for the rest of the season. Here's what dave Ball had to say earlier today on the decision.
Speaker 6: So, in terms of the quarterback situation, I met both with Russ yesterday and Jackson privately, and Russ was nothing but a pro, which I would expect them to be.
Speaker 5: It's my decision going with Jackson.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get him ready to play this week and the remainder of the season.
Speaker 5: He's going to do everything he can.
Speaker 6: Russ will be the backup. The conversations that I've had with these young men will be private, the details will be private. All I can tell you is we're going with Jackson and we're getting ready to play, So I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Add too much to it.
Speaker 6: Those are private conversations. It's my decision, and we're going with Jackson.
Speaker 2: O Joe, We're gonna go ahead. Here.
Speaker 1: Russ's okay, okay, here's what Russ had to say about the demotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me add, let me add to me and made, let me a made.
Speaker 7: I think that for me, just staying ready, you know, knowing what I'm capable.
Speaker 5: Of, Like I said, life is ab response and uh.
Speaker 7: You know, I can control two things, and that's my attitude and my gratitude, and you know, I think it's the other thing I can controls my work ethic and my preparation to be ready when my name's called again, because I know what I can do, and I know, you know, I know I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 3: So that's that's what I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Chadon just saying I ain't gonna rage Bade, I ain't gonna do no kind of baiting. When I told you guys, what was gonna happen. You don't know what you're talking about. They got even my guy. Even my co host, the man been with me for two years. We've been through thinket thing. I said, Oh Jo, I say, look at the way the man playing Now, I'm telling you what's gonna happen. I say, over under eight weeks, I said, Russ is gonna start, Jackson darr is gonna be the start to back up, and then James will be the thirst string quarterback.
Speaker 2: Nah nahna.
Speaker 1: Everybody everybody was agreeing with you. Oh, I said, oh Jo, I can see the way this thing is playing out because they drafted this guy. And at the end of the day, the one guy that can save my job is not Russ. It's not James Winston. Who's the one guy that can save Brian day ball job? Ojo, did you hear what you're just said?
Speaker 4: I love that you went that route. Who's the one guy that saved my job? The guy that I wanted, the guy that I drafted. But you you threw it quarterback out. Yeah, right in the middle of the season and the worst part of the season for them schedule wise, based on the opponents that they have to play. What happens when he doesn't play with but here, what happened with him don't play with what happened. If you stick to your guns and you say, once you make this decision, huh, you can't turn back.
Speaker 1: He said, He's the quarterback for the rest of the year, for the rest of you, so you can't. You absolutely correct, And I wouldn't expect them to turn the back and go back.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing to Ojo.
Speaker 1: Even if you lose too many games and Jackson Dark comes into the plays, well, somebody else is gonna be coaching the next year anyway, So you got you got to go with it.
Speaker 4: You was hey, listen, you was going, You was going right while going because I'm gonna say, most of the time, I'm thinking it's a quarterback. Listen, Jackson Darty showed flashes of braids obviously in the preseason, but again that's preseason.
Speaker 2: You know how.
Speaker 4: The defense is a very very vanilla. I think if he plays well enough, if two things can happen. If he can play well, you can play bad. If you play bad, the ball you got in there. If he plays well and shows what we already flashes, what we've already seen, hell, you still.
Speaker 3: Might be fired.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: If Jason Dark plays well, I think it's gonna buy the ball sometimes might be right, I personally, now, this is what we know.
Speaker 1: I think we saw he got the job in New York because of how world he worked with Josh Allen. But we see Josh Allen after he leaves still go wins an MVP.
Speaker 2: Okay, he has Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: Indiana Jones looks better away from New York than he did in New York. So what so so how much are we to deduce that that day Ball might not be the quarterback whisper that we really thought he was Because Josh Allen is still playing at the MVP level. He's the MVP front runner as we currently speak. And you look at Indiana Jones what he's doing and with the Colts, so he I don't like, I said. I and Ojo we talked about his Sunday. I said, Ojoe, if it's me, I'm gonna start him against the Chargers at home. I'm not gonna start him on the road in a hostile environment. I'm gonna start it because at least it will buy them some time. Yeah, but I'm starting him, So I said, I'll start him Sonnay against the Chargers and then I'm gonna go from there. But I knew this was gonna come sooner rather than later, just based on look and it's look, it's never just one guy's fault. You can't make twenty two changes, Ojoe, you can make what's the one change that I think can can significantly impact They believe it's the quarterback position. Now, the offensive line is gonna have to play better. Everybody's gonna have to play better. Pick up their plate. You know, there are some mistakes that was made on Russ uh and I think you know him throwing the ball out of the ends on him fourth down, didn't do himself any favors, throwing a couple of a couple of uh picks. But like you, like you said, oh Joe, it's not all on Russ, but the quarterback. They get way too much credit and they take way too much blame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, I feel I feel bad for us.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for us, But this is what happens when you're when you're towards the end of your career and you're going from team to team.
Speaker 3: Russ is a great guy. Russ is a great guy. He's a he's a professional, he's the ultimate professional.
Speaker 4: At the quarterback he's similar to what if you were, if you were to have a comparison to Russell Wilson when it comes to the receiver that does everything the right way as as a professional, I look at laugh as Gerald, you know, when it comes to the right thing, every everything. So for Russ you know, I feel bad for him. God for man, one of God and children, says all the right things, does all the right things.
Speaker 3: He works hard.
Speaker 4: But obviously now it's in Jackson dark team again. I told you I I would be I would be in New York, right, so I'm going to night. So who you who you think? I saw at the at the inner Miami game, and I told you I won't see him the league neighbors. So we said they have a conversation. I noticed the cameras are watching, so they can't read.
Speaker 2: No lifts.
Speaker 4: I say, I'll flip my back and turn to me and ask the questions that the questions that's necessary. You know, how you feeling things not going well? How do you feel about not getting the ball? What do they need to do to be able to get you the ball? Putting you in different positions? And obviously we had a conversation, very lengthy conversation I about thirty minutes, you know, on the field, on the pitch before the game started, and obviously as any as any receiver fields and once I won't say anything verbatim.
Speaker 3: Put me in positions to make the plays. I'm gonna make them. That's it. Put me throw me the ball. That's it. It's it's pretty simple. It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a complicated.
Speaker 5: Possibly, that's it.
Speaker 4: To make the plays and put the ball in the area and the vicinity, if anywhere I can reach it, I'm gonna catch it. It was simple as that, simplar to that. Obviously some other things, but I can't disclose those.
Speaker 3: But that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I'm all right.
Speaker 4: And then he of course he say it don't matter who's playing quarterback, right, that doesn't matter, not to me.
Speaker 5: I'm him.
Speaker 2: I got to go do my job.
Speaker 1: But in order for me to do my job, I need people to put me in position to do my job. Yeah, well, you say, Shaddy, I need you, I need you to clean the gutters. Well I'm an clean the gutter, but you damn better give me a ladder so I can get my ass up there. You can't tell me to do something. Joy didn't. Look, if I can win damn near any war, if you give me the the artillery to go fight, said wars. You want me to go compete, Give me opportunities. Put me in position so I can compete. And that's all he's saying. He's like, look, yeah, who wouldn't want to have a top five quarterback? But we know there's thirty two teams in every Every quarterback situation is different. But what makes those unique is that their coordinators put them in position. Jerry got put in position, Randy and Chris Carter than the Marvin Harrison and La Fitzgerald, all the receivers that have these numbers, the Pro Bowls, the all pros got put in position. No matter what you think about who you offer the coordinator, Ze Brokowski, you no Burkouse you was for a couple of years. Barbause barburaw ya, barbaracause.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be a Coyle Shanahan or Sean McVeagh or or this or that. All you have to do is understand the pieces and move them coparately.
Speaker 3: Hey, you notice what you just said. Understand the pieces that you have.
Speaker 4: Understanding your players strengths weaknesses because the coordinators not having egos and saying this is my scheme, this is why.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna run it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna position and you have to get open based on my philosophy, my ideologies, and my scheme.
Speaker 3: The more creative, the more creative coordinator.
Speaker 4: Whoever, the whoever, the goddamn lions off the credit is then reads the cows, Well, I know what he's good at. I know he's not good at, so I'm not gonna put him in that position for him to get exposed. Everybody plays receiver, but everybody can't get open the same.
Speaker 1: Some people you got to stab him. Some people you got to move them, some people you gotta put them in. Some people it is what it is. See our job unless unless, unless.
Speaker 4: Unless you're one of those tier one receivers where all the all the what's the world on the left, all the things that the makeup of being a great receiver, they're really good at all of them. Like Jamar Chases, I see Malik Neighbors as a tier one receiver where you don't need much creativity. I can get what I need to get done off the muscle because I'm like that it's only a few of them too. It ain't a handful. Oh, it's only a handful. And I'm not getting into that because I don't want to piss nobody off.
Speaker 2: But I watched, I watched.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is that when you look at these guys is that my job was easy playing for Mike because I know Mike's aggressive, so Mike's gonna take chances were unnecessarily like some courtin that is gonna play it strictly by the book. Mike going for the juggler. And I know that he's gonna call plays a quarterly, so now I can.
Speaker 2: Do things a quarterly.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Look like I said, quarterbacks take to get a lot of credit, far too much, to get far too much blame.
Speaker 2: But I saw I saw this coming.
Speaker 1: I saw this coming when Jackson Dark played Well O Shoe and we had our final show. After Jackson Dart played well, I said over under, I really wanted to say the first quarter the first four games, I was like, Oh, Joe, this kid playing this kid. Unless Russ blows it out of the water, there's no way he was gonna hold it off.
Speaker 3: Well, hell, he blew it out. He blew out the water to dice game. After that is game.
Speaker 4: I thought, oh yeah, he just brought himself some time. He brought himself at least three, four, five games. And then after that they just played. Oh ah, I mean it's the Chiefs. It's a cheese.
Speaker 1: But see if people don't look at the chief if we looked at it, if the three years ago chiefs, I said, okay, you got a point.
Speaker 2: Oho, you got a point.
Speaker 3: So struggling struggling chiefs, hell.
Speaker 1: Dah and and and I think the first game they played the Commanders, look right, he bought he basically he bought them. There was hoping, let me tell you, looking at it from from my perspective and having my years of experience, they were hoping Russ buy them a little bit more time. Oh jo, I agree with you, I don't. They didn't want him to play this soon. They was hoping that. They were hoping Russ could buy them some time, at least half a season, give us half a season. Yeah, but at this current pace, Dave Ball wasn't gonna have half a season. They're gonna end up they gonna end up hiring him. He saw the boy.
Speaker 2: It was just it was it wasn't gonna be.
Speaker 3: This is the thing what I don't like.
Speaker 4: Russell Wilson is not in a position to where he used to be, where he can elevate a team, where he's a quarterback that can elevate the team regard regard, regardless to the pieces that's around him. Now he's in the position as a quarterback who's somewhat still adequate, but needs to play around him to elevate.
Speaker 1: Yes, he needs words before O Joe. He can get away with less than ideal situations. He didn't need it. He didn't need the Great Wall of China to be of offensive line. He didn't need he didn't need two three four wide receivers on a tight end. He didn't need a light south even though he had that in Seattle. But now he needs. As we get older, we need more. Tom Went got more. Peyton wouldn't got more. Aaron Rodgers he need, He needed more. And that's what happens. As we get older, we need more help. So now where we could elevate everyone else, we need someone to help elevate us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think somewhar too. It's not it's not fair. You look at the situations in which he went to he went, he went to Denverer. I'm not saying Denver. There's anything wrong with Denver, but I'm just saying it wasn't to me an ideal situation for him.
Speaker 3: Similar to when Peyton Manning went.
Speaker 4: To Denmer, it was a different game, situation different when Tom Brady went to Tampa Bay, it was a different ball game. I think the situations that he went to weren't ideal for him to continue to have set success the way we're used to seeing Russell Wilson success.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes don't yoe. And this is what I'm saying, Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't see. Rust didn't realize whoa.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa. You ain't just go whoa whoa. Oh all right there, stay right, Oh what a we.
Speaker 5: Are you cooking?
Speaker 3: Hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 5: I'm using that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't see. Russ didn't realize how great of a situation he had in Seattle.
Speaker 2: You see, he wanted more.
Speaker 1: He wanted more control, he wanted more input, he wanted more of this and more that he goes somewhere, and he didn't have he didn't have what he had in Seattle. He didn't realize how good he actually had it in Seattle. Sometimes we don't realize just how good we have something until it's taken away from us, and then you actually realize. See, we take for granted the ability to hear, and the ability to smell, and the ability of the taste, or have all the uses of our limbs. Then when you don't have such, you realize, like, damn, you don't realize how how how the hell did I survive without a telephone?
Speaker 2: This loan? Y'all? The hell did they? Ooh?
Speaker 1: I couldn't imagine not being able to watch TV. I can't imagine not being able to go to a restaurant and just want order whatever I want. Right, So he had that situation and he wanted more. Now he got he got financial security. Oh yeah, are you geral for a couple of generations?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. But at the end of the day, we haven't thought of we have it.
Speaker 1: Russ really haven't consistently looked like Seattle Russ since he left Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean we understand that we played the game, so we understand situations when you change, when you leave it when you leave a team like that, that's great as they were offensively and especially defensively, you would hope and want ideal.
Speaker 3: Situations similar to what you left from, but didn't have.
Speaker 4: Like most of the time, it doesn't happen like that, going from going for Peyton Manning, going from Indy and then going to Denver already stacked team, super ready team, although.
Speaker 3: Was missing was a quarterback.
Speaker 4: The god damn the Jameis Winston, Tampa and Tom Brady coming into a team that is already ready to established.
Speaker 3: We just need a quarter You.
Speaker 1: Have to understand because I was look in Denver, I'm very close to because all my people, a lot of my people were still there, and I would go back and I watched how Peyton ingratiated himself. He was not standoffish, took time for everybody. He was Peyton Manning. You do realize at the time that he came to Denver, O Joe, he was a fourth He was a four.
Speaker 2: Time league MVP.
Speaker 5: Absolutely he was.
Speaker 1: He was already a five or six time First team All Pro quarterback. No quarterback has more First Team All pros, more MVPs than Peyton Manning. But you wouldn't know that by being around him and talking to it. And then you watch him in the meeting rooms, and you watch him on the practice field, and now you understand. He demands that you play at a level and you gotta match him.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady forces you to match that because people watch him and they see him if he's working that hard thing. Less is accepted to me. Absolutely everybody. Everybody is. Everybody leaves differently. But everybody can't be a great leader. There's a You got corporals, and you got lieutenants, and you got one star and two star, and three star and four star. They don't do five stars generals anymore. They've only been five of those in the history of what we have the military. But and Russ handled it like I thought he would.
Speaker 5: He he's hurt.
Speaker 1: May you take it my job? And I got a stand up y'all? Do realize I gotta throw how many touchdowns a Russ throwing for?
Speaker 2: Damn? Near four hundred?
Speaker 1: He's got to be well over three. Came in the league in twenty third, so this is his fourteenth season. So he came in in twenty twelve. He's with RG three and Andrew Lock so he's got three d and fifty three touchdowns. Remember the guys, you know, got three undred fifty three touchdown Stand on the sideline and hold the clipboard with the ear head said in the ear those start until they don't want to start it until it's time for them to lead the league. Look at the guys. Look at the guys that have thrown for three hundred plus touchdowns. None of them never been never got demoted like that. You look at Matt Ryan, you look at Ben Roethlisberger, you look at Philip Rivers, John l Way, Damn Marino, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees. That's eight. I can talk fake up off the top of my head. Johnny U Ninus. Now obviously Johnny ended up going you know, he didn't do very well when he got when he left Indy and ended up going to the Chargers.
Speaker 2: But it hurts, and you got to put on a brave face.
Speaker 1: You do, yeah, because a lot of times people want to see you crack and Russ and Russ and Russ is not wired like that. Russey's gonna remain positive and I'm happy when he's I'm very happy with the way he's handled this whole situation because deep down inside he knew, Ojo, you go to a place and they.
Speaker 3: Draft a quarterback, you ready to know what time it is.
Speaker 2: When Tom went to Tamptop, did they take a quarterback in the first round?
Speaker 1: No, And so they were just like, hey, t t tik tick, and you gotta fight because you know they want to play it. That's not that he's not a decoration, that's not something that you just prop up. No, they wanted to play him. It's not like a situation like Alex Smith had. They drafted Patrick Mahons. He knew Patrick Mahons. He said, I got one year. There's nothing I can do to keep them from playing Patrick Mahomes next year. My job is to try to keep them from playing his ass this year. And they went eleven and five, boom, they lost to get They lost till the Titans.
Speaker 2: Had an eighteen to three lead. They ended up losing.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what Jackson dark got going against the Charger, who player as well as anybody in the in the NFL.
Speaker 4: So three and old like, go ahead, I'm still stuck.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: We talked about Jackson Dorky, we talked about Russell Wilson and Giants and all that, but I'm still stuck when the god damn quote you live with Now, that's when I haven't heard before. I didn't heard my grandma, my grandfather say all type of stuff. But I'm using that the devil, you know, is sometimes.
Speaker 2: Better when you don't.
Speaker 3: This to the pamply God.
Speaker 1: I mean, boy, it's not an easy road that the Giants have to go. And I don't know if you were with the Sunday we went over the schedule. So Sunday they play the Giants, excuse me, the Chargers, and then they're on the road October fifth at New Orleans. They're home on a short week Thursday against the Eagles. Then they go at Denver, at Philly, home to the Niners, at Chicago, home to the Packers, at Detroit, at New England.
Speaker 2: Bye week.
Speaker 3: Hey, but that's tough. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 4: Real hey, Josh, yo, But hey, let me tell you something real quick before we start the show, right, I know, before we get serious, I just want to let you know who I would have ran you over.
Speaker 1: Nah, you got me, all right. Let's welcome to the show. Vacuum Safety Josh Mna tell us vikers. Right now you're third and takeaways third, and passing defense fourth and pass differential sixth in total defense.
Speaker 2: What was it like out there?
Speaker 1: Because it happened in a flurry, you get a pick six, you get a strip, a scoop and score, and you guys were just taking the ball away and then and the offense would go right out there and put seven on the board. This seems like damn. I don't know if you've ever been a part of something as a part of a defense is concerned that where you took the ball away and it looked so easy, so effortless doing it.
Speaker 5: Nah, I've never been a part of nothing like that. Like that was crazy.
Speaker 8: You talk about complimentary football like that was all of that and then like to two cs it was crazy like it was back to back plays and I almost felt like practice like watching it, Like, you know how in practice.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa. Don't talk about my team like that.
Speaker 5: Man, No, I'm about to just explain. Let me explain it.
Speaker 8: You know how in practice, when you know coach is telling you to do something, you know you doing the individuals. Yeah, you practicing and walk through and then now it's practice and you're doing the same.
Speaker 5: You know what's coming.
Speaker 8: You know, you're able to do things you ain't able to do if you don't know what's coming. And he was, you know, we were making plays, especially Isaiah Rodgers obviously the man at the hour, he was making plays that. It was just like, dang, Like, you don't see plays like that unless it's practice.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 8: Surprised, like he getting this off on the NFL Sunday. But no, man, that's the kind of defense we play. Man, you never know who's gonna be. But you know, the way we play defense and the way we cause havoc, you know, anybody bound to have a day like that on this defense.
Speaker 4: What hey, now, I'm gonna say listen, I watched that game. I was hurt, Josh, I was hurt. Obviously I knew. I knew Burrow was out, so I felt good. I felt good about Brown and coming in because he's been in before when Burrow went down, and you know, he did pretty well. But obviously with you guys were able to do defensively. I forget the offense. I'm t I want to talk about the defense because you you Isaiah Rogers that that that front end. Man, you guys were all over the place and actually dominated the game for all four quarters. I thought at some point, I don't even know why I had the belief that we even had a chance to win. But what you guys showed the other night with Brian Florees, his creativity and what he does exotically defensively and having the personnel to be able to do some of the things he wants to.
Speaker 3: Do, it was a beautiful sight to see. A beautiful sight to see.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, when you can put it all together like that, especially on game day.
Speaker 2: You know, we talk about it.
Speaker 8: You know, we preach it every week, and uh, you know, for us to come and do that, especially after the loss in the way you know, we gave up two hundred rest of yards a week before, you know, and that's not that's not the way we play defense in Minnesota. So you know, for us to come back and we could practice going hard, head down, grinding, and for us to come out Sunday and you know, put that out there for everybody to watch, and that's on tape now.
Speaker 5: You know, for the rest of the season. It was special.
Speaker 1: We mentioned I think you guys had five turnovers at the half. Isaiah Rodgers, he get a long pick six and then he gives a punch out, scoop and score, and then he gets it just like and another punch out, and it seemed like this is just happening back to back to back, and you're about looking like, damn boy, what did you all have to eat for breakfast?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy too.
Speaker 8: I walked up to him after one of his players, I think it was after the force fumble and he picked that up and score, and I like, I grabbed his hands. I said, whatever you got, you get some of that, and hey, it's long and behold, Lord blessed me with right in my lap.
Speaker 5: I said, Okay, he really has something.
Speaker 8: I don't know what he had and what his routine was last week, but I've been close to his hit this week.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do the same.
Speaker 1: Obviously. You guys go to Doublin. You played the in Ireland. You excited about I mean, you know anything about Ireland other than hey, UK? I mean, but have you ever been Are you excited about playing in Ireland?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: We We've done the London thing a couple of times, but I've never been to Ireland. Don't know too much about the culture. Obviously, I know a little bit. But for me, it's gonna be a first something that I did want to want to experience sometime in my life, you know, just traveling and exploring the world. But yeah, it's gonna be a unique experience. Yeah, I'm packing up. Just finished doing a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Man, we had.
Speaker 8: It's crazy, man, so you got to get used to that time difference and uh, were actually playing two games overseas back to back there, right, Yeah, we're staying over there. We head to London on Monday, So it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be dope.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously, I've been to Ireland many times to watch watch soccer matches, So I'm not sure how much free time you guys do have. Obviously you're going that far. But when you go somewhere that far, you obviously want to get out and at least venture out some experience of culture. I'm not sure how much you know leeway and leash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me you guys a bit.
Speaker 5: Huh, we'll get a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you're gonna like it. You're gonna like it.
Speaker 4: I can't I can't see it right now on the show on some of the things that you can enjoy and do.
Speaker 3: But gonna I'm an text you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna text you.
Speaker 2: Since you go into Ireland, you can't have a pint, so you can't do that. So that's all.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much you're going to get an opportunity to do in Ireland, but you probably get something to do in London because you guys get you know, you leave on Monday, two days your off dates, so that probably be the day that you get an opportunity to go see Big Ben or you know, rip, you get an opportunity it get it around the city to take it, to take some of that. JJ goes down obviously had a great game Game one. It didn't play well the first half, but then he comes out plays plays like Gangbusters in the second half against Chicago and you guys winning that ball game. The second game didn't go quite so well. He gets Nick incomes Carson Wentz. How gratified it is to have a veteran that that has won a lot of games in this league, played played for a number of years, and you know, like you know what, we got to play at our level. We got let's make it easy on him. Let's if we can get an opportunity to get our hands on some balls. Let let's take let's take the football away. Let's get a couple of scoop and score. Let's get a pick six. Let's do something to make it easy so for our team. But you gotta goy, veteran guy, what's what was it like watching what he was able to do with the opportunities that you guys presented it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it was nice.
Speaker 8: Man. As a defense, when you can uh, you know, you can help out the offense. You could play complimentary football and you get a vet in there that understands, you know, uh, time, time of possession and uh just understands how to work the NFL NFL game and the ebbs and flows of you know, a football game.
Speaker 5: It's uh, it allows.
Speaker 8: You to play with a different kind of uh, you know, hunger and calmness on defense. Obviously, you know, we we knew we had to step up, and we know we're gonna have to step up moving forward. Just understanding, you know, we got a backup quarterback in now and we still have a young quarterback when JJ does get back healthy, the defense is gonna have to step up big. But for to see Carson Wentz come in, man and just instantly you know, click back to you know, his his prime and it was special.
Speaker 2: You get Jordan Adison back this week.
Speaker 1: So now, hey, people gonna have to pay a game all of a sudden, you can't double the triple Jetta. Now you got to pay attention because Addison a burner, can make plays, catch after you know, running catch, get deep. Uh what's it going to be like to get this addition back to your offense?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 8: Man, it's uh, that's a that's a one on one guy. Man, he's a big play explosive. I mean, you talk about having two number one wide receivers on your team and being able to use what they do well at a at a high clip. It's crazy. Man, Ko we had both of them at his hand. He can do whatever, man. So uh, definitely, you talk about having a quarterback or young quarterback or a backup veteran quarterback having a guy like that to throw two and eighteen on the other side, Man, you really can't go wrong, man, and you hand the ball off Jordan Mason Aaron Jones, Hey, man, we that looked like a winning offense.
Speaker 1: To me, let me ask you this, bro, how long you been how many years you been in the league, So you you're the right person to ask. Sit here in the league, give me your five toughest defenders that you've had to face that your defensive had to face.
Speaker 2: Receiver excuse me, oh receivers.
Speaker 8: Yeahs ooh, five toughest. I would say Jamar Chase has been up there just because the attention.
Speaker 5: You gotta uh, you gotta have know where he's at.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you know he's one play and you know he could change the whole game. Alma Brown, the Liions, we see him twice a year. You know, great scheme, but uh, he got great great, he a great play.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I say he's very efficient. He getting in and out. He getting in and out man, and he do a lot of the dirty work too. Pooka a man twice last year he was giving us work.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie he.
Speaker 8: I think he's a pretty good with just being able to use being able to use your physical tools but still being able to use your agility at the same time, man, and uh, being able to produce for your offense. I think Pooker does it really well. Obviously Davante Adams.
Speaker 5: I would probably say number one on that list.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you saw him. You saw him twice a year. Yeah, coming into the league. He gave my first touchdown. He was talking and he was talking cash after. I was like, I should have never messed up.
Speaker 5: But uh yeah, yeah, I would say number one on that list right now.
Speaker 8: Obviously, besides the guy I go against every day and practice is definitely DeVante. Yeah, Jennis, Yeah, Jedas he did a different breed man. I don't see I don't see him do some crazy stuff. You know, practice, you know, you see a different animal.
Speaker 1: And that's what I tell people. You think about what they doing in the game, you ought to see them in practice. Oh my god, Like that did he just did he just do that?
Speaker 8: Off the porch? I'm talking we rookies, we same class off the porch. I'm like, you sure this guy in the same cz Like.
Speaker 2: Like he killed me?
Speaker 3: You got to think, yo, I was. I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 4: Obviously, with the next game coming up, having based on I'm not sure if you guys have watched film already any type of homework. Are there anything coming up in this next game that you guys think you have to worry about or that you have to be sure of to make sure that you don't allow to to ensure that you guys played just as we did you did against my Bengals. What do you think you have to worry about in this this next week's opponent offensive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, For one, when you think about just a Mike Tomlin coach team, you think about gritty, very physical, discipline, discipline football team, so you know, and then you add that with Aaron Rodgers, a twenty one year vet who's elite with his passion ability in his football. Like you, you know, it's gonna be hard for us to find a way for them to make mistakes. So you know, on our end, we can't make mistakes. So that's gonna be a bit. A big key to the game is executing and not giving them easy stuff, not missing missing assignments, missing blitzes and messing up coverages, making sure everybody in their spots, and executing the game plan because you know, those two very experienced people you're going against, and you can't afford to give him any anything to keep them in the game because once that fourth quarter hit, you know, that's when they superpower start to show. But yeah, they're very physical team, but we if we take it to them, man, from the get go, I think will be in the right spot.
Speaker 1: What is the biggest difference between coach Florence and your previous defensive coordinator?
Speaker 8: Man, I think for for for me and just getting the no flow over these years. I mean I was with the other defenseve coordinator for a year, but with flow and getting known this over these years, I think it's just his ability to understand not only players but the game and put those two together, like he understands what this defense does well and what each player can do in this defense well.
Speaker 5: And it's not yeah, it's not.
Speaker 8: It's not a matter of having a player who's great just because you know the stats and the combine says is this. It's because he fits this defense and his abilities will highlight very well. And it's almost like a receiver. You're not gonna put a slid receiver at the X. He ain't gonna get open. So you know, he he understands how to how to move us around and have us do what we like to do really well, but still make it look different.
Speaker 9: You see what he said that a Josh if I can get offensive coordinators right, the unders staying exactly what you just said, they have they have egos.
Speaker 4: They have egos, so they just call the plays and expect to put the receivers in certain positions and just.
Speaker 3: Make go, go, make the play, make it work.
Speaker 4: Instead of understanding each player who you got, understanding what you got, understanding what they're good at, putting them in positions to make plays where it comes to their strengths and not the weaknesses, then the game is simplified.
Speaker 3: If you just do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we will even play. We'll even play more people than normally. You know, we'll rotate, especially in that front seven. We're rotating guys on different persons down the distances, whether it's passing downs, rundowns. If you if you could play the run, you're gonna be in on rundowns. If you can rush the passes, you're gonna be in on pass downs, If you could dropping the zones, and then we need to you know, it's one of those situations you're gonna be in.
Speaker 5: And uh, I think that's the best part about it.
Speaker 8: Man. You never see a guy in our defense doing something you don't feel comfortable doing.
Speaker 5: And uh I mean, when you're playing fast and you know.
Speaker 1: You clear head, that makes you got to put guys in position to succeed. And like you said, Josh, a lot of time, look credit, oh yo week, it's my scheme, it's my offense, is my defense. Nah, you build you you find, you know what you find the you build your scheme around the players you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we sitch I said.
Speaker 8: We switch schemes every year, man, besides our life base, go to plays. It's been a different scheme every year, man, And it is just because we have different eleven guys out there, so you gotta switch it up.
Speaker 4: Damn man, what I wish everybody else thought like that, especially the coaches man calling the plays. But Josh, most most of the time, I can only attest when I was playing no week the week, and I'm just seeing some of the complaints that we hear from other players on other teams. Yeah, and they want to do what they wait and we can only run the route this way, So.
Speaker 3: Obviously you can.
Speaker 4: You you restrict players from having the freedom to do what they do best because Okay, I got an ego, it's my system. It works to the other place I was at. So if I come here, it should work here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look like that.
Speaker 1: If you take an uber at the time, a taxi, as long as when he's back foot hit you where you're supposed to be, I'll give a damn what you do to get there.
Speaker 5: That's all that matter. At Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 1: All of them, it ain't. It ain't got a look. They gonna look the same. But I would be when the quarterback, I'm gonna be where I'm supposed to be. Let me ask you this, other than other than the weather, what's the biggest difference between Miami and Minnesota? Because you talk about eighty five to sunny and then you get minus twenty and three feet of snow.
Speaker 8: God, weather obviously the biggest difference. I would say just the culture.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know Miami, you know that's that fast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, like, it ain't no time to just sit back until Man, you sit back your phone ring here it's somewhere else.
Speaker 5: It's motion.
Speaker 8: It's something in Minnesota. Man, it's it's really slow motion.
Speaker 2: Commute like it's slow.
Speaker 8: Motion man, very family oriented, uh, you know, very sit back, relaxed. I mean when it get cold out here and it starts snowing, you ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 5: You ain't want you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to practice at home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's it's just you know, get home, you know, find your hobbies that you like to do, and you know do that every day. So I mean, I think it's been good for my mentor I mean especially living both lives, you know what I mean. I've been in Miami my whole life, and then for me to be up here now, I think it's definitely good to just see both sides and being able for my family to see both sides as well.
Speaker 2: I think that's really you have you have you tried the Juicy Lucy's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was one of the first things out did. And it's a competition. Yes, so I went to both. I went to both.
Speaker 2: You got a favorite.
Speaker 5: Five eight club?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: They do it right.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the one outside of football. What are some hobbies some things you like to do that that you're passionate about. Let's take my football seasons over. You know, it's is where I can find my safe haven and I have a passion for this and it's something that you enjoy doing that maybe even when you when you're done playing, when you retired, long down the road, you'll probably get into.
Speaker 8: I just got I just got into bowling, man, and uh, I think that's gonna be my golf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I just got into it.
Speaker 3: I just I just bowled three hundred two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: I'm close, man, I'm two seventy eight. Okay, come on that let me Hey, we ain't come on.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear some pins man. Bowling definitely, Man, what's.
Speaker 2: What's side bowling ball? You use it? I gotta be specific because.
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I know, I I got. I got a sixteen, I got a fourteen. I kind of go in between.
Speaker 8: Fourteen is my wrists, but yeah, I got I gotta go a little bit lot of Yeah, you're part of fifteen. That's my like sweet spot. But yeah, man, I've been I've been really into bowling. I just uh, I mean, I played the piano, uh the past couple off seasons.
Speaker 5: That's been one of my big hobbies. Bacon.
Speaker 8: I just picked up to making bread, doing just just doing stuff. And I'm trying to get I'm trying to get diverse.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, but I used to cook them things up to back in the day.
Speaker 5: You got time, you got that time.
Speaker 4: I used to be in that, you know, I used to Yeah, that would me, that would me before football.
Speaker 3: I used to cook them things up.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, not before football.
Speaker 4: Not Hey, I'm just saying when you said when you said it baked, like you put back Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah not that.
Speaker 2: So how long how long have you been bowling?
Speaker 8: I would say, what now? Probably now like six months? Really I got good fast though, I ain't gonna hell.
Speaker 5: That's how I know. That's how I know.
Speaker 8: That's how Yeah, that's how I know it's gonna stick because like you, you know, when you when you touch, you're like, oh yeah, this is me.
Speaker 1: Hell, I only bowl a couple of times. Only bowl I think my best of like two fifteen to twenty one something like that. I'm like, I'm like, I'm like one eight of the two o two something like that.
Speaker 5: That Yeah, that that's me.
Speaker 3: You garbage.
Speaker 5: If I don't get two hundred, that's a bad day.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's what makes it gonna feel bad. Bro. I appreciate that, but hey, you.
Speaker 3: It's a hobby.
Speaker 5: You made me feel me, you made me look bad.
Speaker 1: I got no Hey, working my hobby dot joshtyn Hold you. That's it, and you do a good job. I appreciate that, man. I appreciate that. Me and O Joe, we try to get it in, man, we try to get it here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: I appreciate what y'all doing, man, especially for the game, man, and not even just for the game, and just for men in general. Uh, just you know certain standards, you know, being the be in the face, being able to just show yourself and be yourself no matter what's going on in the world and in your life. So I appreciate y'all. Man, It's been fun talking to y'all. Man, I can't believe I can't.
Speaker 5: I to be honest, I can't talk to you all right now. That's crazy late night night. Yeah, talking to two goals.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you taking time by your schedule to come on with us. Man, stay healthy, good luck the rest of the season. Hey, keep playing that way, man, Hey, Pro Bowl might be calling, all Pro might be calling.
Speaker 8: Man, keep it going. It's to goal, man, that's the goal. And then to help the team winning. And I'm playing good and I gotta help.
Speaker 1: Winning definitely helps. I could assure you that appreciate appreciate the man.
Speaker 2: Stay healthy man, good luck down to the rest of the way. All right, Broy, that's Josh, But tell us.
Speaker 3: God damn Jo. I'm still mad that man. They killed my Bengals.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh shoot Titus, boy, where you've been at? Twin Bro?
Speaker 2: Titus, Bro, you need to go to bed. Baby.
Speaker 3: You can hear me, hear you what they do? Twin a Titus if you can hear me? If you if you hear me, bar.
Speaker 10: Titus, You're like, what is that talking in my ear? That he that's a dog man, Bro, Why don't you go to bed? He said, you ain't been home. You ain't been home in a week, talking about go to bed. I'm not going to bed. Go get a TV go to a TV room, Go get on t.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Michael Parsons doesn't expect any booze when he returns this Dallas on Sunday. I think they're gonna give me a good ride of applause. There's no hard feelings there, at least from me. It's going to be a great atmosphere. When asked about this feeling towards Jerry Jones, not a welcome back tribute. There are a lot of things I consider disrespectful throughout the process. But I wouldn't say the tribute it's one of them. I would say, I just think there's hard feelings maybe there for them, but for me, I'm happy where I'm at and we got a good football team, so I guess I can receive my tribute when I win. O Jo, we both returned played against our former team we invested so much into. Obviously, you tell me all the time. I was just there for like a weekend at Baltimore. But uh did you go back? You did you play? And since did you play Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, no, I did. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 4: You have to think once I left Cincinnati, I only had that right right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was done. I was done.
Speaker 1: Well, they gave me love. I mean when I went back to Denver. I went back to Denver the second year because first year, oh Joe, we beat them in the first round of the playoffs in the wildcard game. So we beat them, and then the following year we went back. Crowd cheered every time I caught the ball. They introduced the offense. Crowd cheered. I go back. Then I go back to Denver and we go to Baltimore gave me love both times. So I think the thing is is that for me, uh, there was really no hostility one or another. If really no protracted contracts and going back and forth asking for a trade.
Speaker 2: X Y and z uh.
Speaker 1: But I told you when he laid on that table, I said, oh, that ain't a good look though, Yes, I told you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The funny thing back, especially when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys Cowboys fan base, there's no hostility towards Michael Parson because you know, everything was out of his yes, everything out of control.
Speaker 3: So everything that.
Speaker 4: Was said and and and in somewhat of an almost an unfair way that you don't think an owner would say. He can maybe think it, but actually Jerry Jones one of one of the few owners who gets away with saying the things that other owners think.
Speaker 3: And he said it out loud. He didn't care.
Speaker 4: So if anything, when he does come back to goddamn Dallas, there's no reason for the fans to do it at or any If anybody's being booed, it is you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, I was look, I was in. I was endeavored for ten years.
Speaker 1: The first time, Oh Joe and come back and you know we had won, you know, back to back Super Bowls. I was you know, went to seven consecutive Pro Bowls, All Pro and all that stuff, and went to one Pro Bowl in Baltimore. But I think the thing is is that the fans really appreciated how hard I worked. I didn't complained. I just came to work, showed up, did my job, and I left. I had only had got along great with my teammates, and I think Michael got along.
Speaker 2: Look. I don't know the inner and outs. I don't know, but I just think the.
Speaker 1: Thing is the last, like the last for two or three months, oh show with this contract talk. And you know, look, at the end of the day, those fans they're Cowboys fans. Now you might find a sprinkle here there are Michael Parsons fans, but those are Cowboys fans. And more times than not, you know how fans are fans are gonna side with the team.
Speaker 2: That's that's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, you also have something that have common sense and understand how things are working. Some understand that business, some don't. Some only worried about who is a part of my Dallas Cowboy team. That's all came about. But then some understand the business and understand how it works and able to separate the two being a fan and understanding how the team, how the team works.
Speaker 3: Especially when to come down the contract.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they should be used to it anyway, usual anyway when it comes to their star players, because they had they've had to deal with it for so many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that it's just funny going back.
Speaker 1: Standing on the opposite side, staring across over there for so for ten years though, jo I still on this side looking across the field. Now I'm over I'm across the field, staring back across the field.
Speaker 2: And the same thing when I went to Baltimore is different.
Speaker 1: You go in different way, you know, all of a sudden, Now I'm taking a bus to the stadium. I'm used to driving myself to the stadium. So it's it's uh, it's gonna be different. It's gonna be different, and it's so new. I mean, he's like only four years in Dallas. I mean most people when you leave and go back to play another team, it's years and years. You know, Peyton Tom played New England. Think about how long Tom Tom had played twenty season in New England. He goes back, you know, the first year and he played, so we get that, but it's like, man, four years, that's really damn that's quick. But you don't sometimes don't show you don't get that's side of your control. We don't always get the control. And look at us an athlete. We try to control what we could control because and that's what we're good at Ojoe because look, I knew if I work my tail off, okay, good thing is going to happen. Because I can control that. I can control how hard I work. When it comes to things like what happened with Michael that was out of his control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, And matter of fact, when it comes to things that we can control, the one thing that we can control we can control our production.
Speaker 3: And what we do and the work we put it. Most of the time, if you put the work in, the results are.
Speaker 4: Going to show Sundays. Two things we can't control is we can't control injuries. You can't control getting older.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: You want to do what you want to do as much as you can in between that time and trying to ensure you don't get hurt. But once you hit like thirty and thirty one the game, start to play the game.
Speaker 3: Listen, once you hit thirty and thirty one, thirty two, thirty three, they start playing the games.
Speaker 4: Oh well, your targets start start decreasing, and they start, you know, we need to talk to you about your production.
Speaker 3: And man, come on, but I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean tributes normally mad that's for like the best of the best. I mean, you won championship here at MVP, you know what I'm saying, Like that, you're a defensive Player of the Year. You spend some time, I mean after four years and look, and this is not a knock on Michael. Michael's a phenomenal player, but you don't with MM it came back and it came back. He was all time lead rush. You know what I'm saying. If it was an MVP and it was won three Super Bowls, Tom going back to New England, Peyton, going back to Dy's, it's levels. I mean of a video tribune. Everybody's not gonna get a video tribune, even if you play ten years, fifteen years of a place. Every I mean, it all depends on who you were, what you did. If you're a fifteen year special Teams player, you're probably not.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're Matthew Slater, you'll probably get one. If you're Adam Vannittieri Vinitieri, you'll probably get one.
Speaker 2: But but look, if I'm Mike, I ain't worried about that.
Speaker 1: Like Michael said, look, we win the game, that's my tribute, and I'm coming, you know, he coming. O Joe, you know, he's been working on a move. He's like, because well we're there on your let me tell you what you did when you were going to get your guys in practice.
Speaker 2: You know, if if this was a real game, what would happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm saying, bro, you do realize this practice, but if I actually played you in a real city a.
Speaker 2: Situation right right right? Brother cooking y'all? Oh yeah for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and listen, you know, I you know, listen one thing about it, especially in practice, that them boys made me better. I remember all my dv's name by hard. Remember Jeff Burns.
Speaker 2: I think you wouldn't know to day, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jeff Burr's.
Speaker 4: Leon Hall Tory, Jane Tory played with me, he played with me and differ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, listen, j Joe, Jonathan Joseph. I'm it's some more pac Man. Hey, but in practice, oh man, I'm about listen. I got mine.
Speaker 4: They got me some time too, But I know who got I know who won most of the that, hey boy, with.
Speaker 3: Pac Man, Me and pac Man in practice?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, but it look I won't you took about work, but we we was out there working, and I won't feedback were working. I'm out there working like I'm a seventh round pick on man, Marvin, and you.
Speaker 3: Had they had to throw me out of practice.
Speaker 4: Why the hell is you taking the scout team raps man, get out the people way.
Speaker 3: Because I knew I wanted to go against my number ones. I'm not gonna get no real work unless I'm going against my number ones. They had.
Speaker 4: Let let me tell you how bad it Well, I know I'd been playing around a lot, but when it came time to play football, I might have been fun and talking trash and doing all that entertainment when it came to that.
Speaker 3: Game and being a student of the game. I told you.
Speaker 4: But hey, preseason they talked about how many snappers were gonna play ship You're gonna call the time out to get me out the game. But that but that was that was so much fun to me, man, just looking at Marvin face when all the ones came out, all the ones that come out, and I stand on the field and act like it's something wrong with me until the second team come in and forced Marvin to call the time out. Man, listen, I'm here to play football. Man, I ain't worried about no injuries. You mean, I'm don't. Don't try to protect me from getting hurt, presets.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 3: I played football.
Speaker 4: I went through two weeks of training camp, two days, and now you're telling me I only get to play one one series, one drive.
Speaker 2: No certain that's in a situation like that.
Speaker 1: Michael's gonna look, Michael is gonna say, this is why I was worth forty seven million this game. This is why the package gave up two first rounders and Kenny Clark right and gave me forty seven million dollars. This is why, Yeah, you see what I did today, This is why.
Speaker 3: Make it make it a stay.
Speaker 4: Absolutely matter of fact, And speaking of forty seven million, he gonna show that all season long, especially as they continue to work him in and allow him to get more reps, allowed to get his.
Speaker 3: Legs up under him.
Speaker 4: You know once he gets in football shape because he missed so much time, you know, missing training camp.
Speaker 3: So here we only we we only.
Speaker 1: We we foo yeah four and uh you know, hey, it's gonna take him a while. I mean a couple of a couple of weeks from being in in in tip top football shape. Yeah right now that you know, he's specialist right now. But hey, him and Rashan Garrett pretty soon because Rashaun Garrett is tied for the lead league in sack.
Speaker 2: Pretty soon they're gonna start.
Speaker 3: We got half, Rashaan got four and a half.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: You see what happened when he come on Nightcap. See what I'm saying. That ain't number God. That ain't number of God's work. Everybody, come on Nightcap, have success with Milicia, with Melissa Jefferson was left.
Speaker 3: With in Tokyo to what three oh three of them? Oh the four one three goals? Everybody come on night Cap having.
Speaker 4: Success that that that's it, ain't It ain't a coincidence.
Speaker 2: It is not. You need.
Speaker 4: Hey, tighten tightest, make me paidy, hey, let me let me get let me get tightest for a week.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't know what. First of all, you don't know how to handle it. You ain't been around dog, you don't know how to handle them.
Speaker 3: Come on, I done had dog.
Speaker 2: Oho he different?
Speaker 3: No, he good, He's good. I'm I'm a dog. I'm a dog, not that kind of dog.
Speaker 5: I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm a dog. I become one with the animal. They used to call me the dog whisper back in back.
Speaker 3: In ninety two.
Speaker 2: No, oh, Joe, you are.
Speaker 3: I just want to take him to the dog park so he intact.
Speaker 2: I know he attacked.
Speaker 3: He was that man.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you're not supposed to have you can't have him there.
Speaker 4: Headed Okay, female, I'm gonna get he'm I'm gonna get the homie.
Speaker 2: Some boy people assume you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that I mean, I got it. It's a lady. I know she got a poodle that's in heat.
Speaker 2: He'll be no border with them. Yeah. Telling him said nah, he said, we're good. We mighta stay here with dad.