Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look now at some stocks making news in the week ahead. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg News reporter Judy LaGrue, and the earning story continues well right away on Monday when we hear from Hims and Hers after the closing bell. I mean, it feels like healthcare earnings have been going pretty good so far this season. Does that include telehealth, Judy, do you know tell health.
Speaker 3: Is having a really interesting sort of season with this earning season. But Hym's and Hers, I think is certainly a space to watch for a lot of investors. The company has beat EPs estimate six of the last ten quarters. It's you know, really seen a lot of growth recently. However, that growth is kind of slowing down right now. So reported subscriber growth was about thirty five percent sent for sixteen straight cores, but for the last two quarters growth has been nine percent and about thirteen percent perspectively, So I think what a lot of investors are really looking at is how Hymns ticker HIMS is responding to that slowing growth, So stock movement is also an interesting space to watch. The stock is down about nine percent this quarter alone, so definitely for investors looking to see Hymns and Hers earnings results and then how that stock will respond to the growth and report.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting, Judy. Ahead of this earnings we heard Hymns announce a new app with a doctor led AI native care experience. I think anytime anybody hears the letter's AI, their ears start to burg out.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, Nathan, And I think for Hymns and Hers, certainly trying to really push the envelope with respect to getting their consumers to stick with them, I think is certainly paramount for the company. One item as of note is that there was an FTC or is an FTC rather lawsuit against his and Hers. The plaintiffs are FTC, Utah and Los Angeles County, and the lawsuit is alleging that Hymns and Hers has misled customers into locking themselves into recurring subscriptions and that the company has shared private information with Meta and Snap despite saying that they were protective of customer privacy, So definitely, you know, I think investors will want to know what the company has to say about this. Certainly, the company has come out to say that the FTC lawsuit disregards substantial evidence, So look for analyst questions on that. Look for stock moves based on what management says about this. I really think it's a space to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody likes illegal overhang over any company. The earning story continues on Tuesday and other tech name reporting in core Weave after Tuesday's close, putting a focus back on AI infrastructure after all the concerns about hyper scale spending.
Speaker 3: That's correct, Earnings from core Weave TICK or cr WV will show whether enormous EI demand can outweigh the heavy cost of data centers and debt. Right, so, the company is expected to report its highest revenue since their IPO in twenty twenty five. It's sort of Wall Street is expecting two point five billion in revenue this quarter, so you know, really looking at really how core Weave is managing that. And I think that Bloomberg Intelligence analysts really hit the nail on the head that say, when they wrote that core Weave's second quarter earnings will signal to investors whether AI demand remains stronger than their share price implies, and they cited that they feel like the share price is underperforming, so they'll be looking at revenue specifically for their earnings, and Blomberg Intelligence really believes that the revenue for Kroweve for the quarter could exceed guidance.
Speaker 1: Now that would be a pretty big turnaround at a time when, as you know, Corwave's kind of missed more often than not when it comes to earnings. Is the bar pretty high then for core Weave to outperform this time around?
Speaker 3: I mean you're right about that, Nathan. The company has missed EPs estimates four times out of the last five quarters. So yes, definitely looking at that, looking at revenue, looking at EPs, and really understanding from management. And again the earnings call and comments are really going to be big here where they see the company going. Analysts, on the other hand, are quite bullish. Twenty nine buys, eleven holes, three cells. So again we'll be listening to that earning call quite closely.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, We're also going to be listening, I think to earnings from Kava they report on Tuesday as well. Is this one affected do you think by the produce scare that we've seen in fast food as opposed to casual.
Speaker 3: I mean, certainly anybody who touches lettuce is having a rough summer, I will say that. So, yes, we focusing on ticker Cava. That's right, And so for analysts, the earnings for Kava Group really need to show that customer traffic, restaurant profits, and new sore growth is remaining strong despite these headwinds we're seeing, right with the cyclospara, the parasite, and really understanding exactly what kind of slow down the company is seeing as a result of all of the headlines about food safety in general. The stock is up around thirteen percent this year, but down about eleven percent this month. And when we put that in comparison to names like Shakeshack, which is up about thirty percent this month, Dominoes, which is up about seventeen percent this month. Really, Kava I think it could represent in many respects close to the center of this issue with cyclospora, as it pertains to let us and produce as it gets served in fast casual settings.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.