Speaker 1: Second date of date. Quick question for the room.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're on a date with someone, yes, you think it's important that you spend a lot of face to face time with them? Or is it cool if you don't really hang out together for most of the time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the point if you don't hang out together?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 1: Yikes? I was hoping you wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: What because one of our listeners, Morgan needs our help today after she went out with a guy and apparently spend about ninety percent of the time in completely different areas. Why some guys might find lots of space and no talking extremely attractive. So, Morgan, this might have worked in your favor. It sounds like my co hosts aren't a big fan of your dating strategy though.
Speaker 1: Sorry Morgan, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, I don't know if I was either.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Morgan.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine someone being like, how was your date?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was great? I saw him for three minutes?
Speaker 5: What plane? Okay? Okay, So James and I met online?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I really liked his profile. I felt like he just sort of had this like twinkle in his eye that I really liked.
Speaker 6: Way to describe someone Santa Claus.
Speaker 4: Why, yes, sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: He made some sort of comment. He said something like, I'm a social introvert ready to enjoy the city, and I don't know, I really like that. And we started chatting. So our schedules were really kind of tight and crazy and well, so some some backswhere. I actually I am a dancer on the side.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: That is not what she meant.
Speaker 5: Sorry, stat out, get the mind out of the gutter here. I'm a pro dancer and I was invited to perform with a few of my friends at this local Irish festival.
Speaker 4: Oh are you like an Irish dancer? Is that what you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the things that I do. Yeah, And I kind of thought, you know what, like maybe this is a great thing to invite James too, because it's something different cultural and it can kind of show him this different side of me that, you know, it's important to me.
Speaker 2: And he said himself, as an introvert, he wants to get out and see stuff and maybe Irish dancing is one of those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing though, my mom was in this big that she comes to the festival too. Yeah, yeah, you know, she wanted to watch me, which I get and how could I say no to that?
Speaker 6: But it's like, Mom, I've been doing this for my whole life, Like do you really need to see this performance?
Speaker 5: So to get around it, I told James, I was like, okay, let's meet for a drink right before.
Speaker 6: Nothing like Irish dancing with a little bit of yeah alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, everybody dances better when they're a little bit tipsy.
Speaker 5: I do, that's right, Yeah, it's how the Irish do it, okay me. But it was like really brief. I mean we had one drink, I guzzled it down and then had to go okay.
Speaker 4: So you didn't get a lot of time with him at that point.
Speaker 5: No, So this is where like the real problem started. There was not really anywhere to stand, I guess. And I had introduced him to my mom right before I left to go, like, you know, to the backstage area, and he stood and he ended up standing and watched the show next to my mom. Is their mom flirting?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I want to know. What type of do you have.
Speaker 4: With a bar? But different?
Speaker 5: No, my mom's awesome. She's really awesome.
Speaker 2: She's very the type of mom that would be like grilling him with questions the entire time that.
Speaker 5: I am like positive, I can say, like, she's not types okay.
Speaker 4: So after the dance you go meet up with them. What's their vibe together? Are people happy?
Speaker 5: So that's where there's a problem. So we finished our number and instead of like just being done and getting to go back into the crowd, they like ushered us into this VIP tent where they wanted to do like pictures and meet and greets. And I had no idea that that was going to happen. And meanwhile, you know, James is waiting out there, and I felt bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 2: Even if you do get him into the tent, it's like you're taking pictures, you're busy right retally.
Speaker 5: So I found a brief moment that I texted him and I was like, I'm so sorry, I'll be out really soon, okay.
Speaker 4: And what did he say that?
Speaker 1: Did you respond? He's like, yeah, no problem, and me and your mom are having a great time. Don't come back.
Speaker 5: It ended up taking over an hour.
Speaker 4: Because I would have oh, I wouldn't have hung around either.
Speaker 5: I know. I at that point I kind of thought he would have left, but I did. I found James and my mom. They were still together.
Speaker 4: Oh well, over an hour with your mother.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign.
Speaker 2: If he stuck around long enough through all of that, that must mean he either really really likes you, or he really really likes your mom.
Speaker 6: Or he doesn't know how to say no and get out of social situation.
Speaker 1: That is a classic introvert.
Speaker 5: So I apologized profusely, and I mean, that's okay, Like I get it, it's okay. But and he was like, I can only stay another ten minutes. So it was like like we just basically chatted until he then had to leave. And and now of course he's not responding to my tex.
Speaker 1: And how long has it been since the festival.
Speaker 5: It's been like a week and half.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did your mom say about him?
Speaker 5: She loved it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I really would like to do like a redo. Yeah, you know, we'll do it more normal, like dinner in a movie or something.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get to work here.
Speaker 2: We're going to play a song, come back and call James to see how he felt about your date together with her mom. And if James doesn't answer, then we'll call your mom and ask her about James.
Speaker 1: Either way, we're getting some answers.
Speaker 2: Let me do your second date update, next second update. You know they say that you can tell a lot about a woman just by looking at her mom.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, haven't you heard that?
Speaker 4: Does that work the same for dads?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's it's just the mom's.
Speaker 1: Moms are a telescope into the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so dad's okay.
Speaker 1: Look, I know this.
Speaker 2: This is already way to start off a second date, but in this case it actually applies because Morgan's date, James spent most of the time hanging out with Morgan's mom. Yeah, and have an hour together, because Morgan was busy dancing and shaking hands up on stage and then behind the stage. The good thing is that her mom and James were getting along really well, thankfully.
Speaker 4: So says her mother. And the fact that he didn't leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: And sorry, we may have asked you this already, Morgan, But your mom and dad are they still together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've been together for a long time.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, happily together.
Speaker 1: I should have.
Speaker 4: Said, thinking that the mom is moving in on her man.
Speaker 2: For me, it's a strange concept to have your mom get along with your date. But that just might be a reflection on my parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's cool and she's happily married.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so really.
Speaker 5: Whatever you're thinking, don't think it because it's impossible.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna stop my thinking. What are you thinking? Why do you think James isn't calling?
Speaker 1: That's the question.
Speaker 5: I think that it's just because he was annoyed. He thinks that I wasted his time, which I feel bad I did waste his time. I mean he probably was just sort of like this girl is so self centered and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Well, we're just gonna talk James and interrogate him right off the bat.
Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Oh oh he actually picked up. Actually, well this is James, right, Yeah, okay, now we can do it. Oh my god, wow, James, what's up?
Speaker 1: My man? You're on the radio now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Whoa, whoa is right?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what's going on.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on is we heard that you went out with one of our listeners name Morgan, the other day.
Speaker 3: This is really awkward. Well, you ask about her?
Speaker 6: I mean she actually feels pretty bad about your date. She didn't realize that she wouldn't be able to hang out with you for a whole hour.
Speaker 4: Like that's a long time, wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was too bad. I was really looking forward to hanging out.
Speaker 1: She said the same thing about you.
Speaker 2: She really was hoping to get off the stage and back to you as quickly as possible, but it was totally out of her control.
Speaker 3: It was kind of weird too, because like her mom was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird about that.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, we were all so she told us the story, and we were all shocked when she said that you were still hanging out with her mom at the end of all of this, Like we thought for sure you would have bailed. Nobody would have thought bad of you if you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of got stuck there, huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I mean I liked her mom. She was cool and honest and stuff. But after a half hour hanging out and learning all about Morgan's childhood, I started running out of stuff to say.
Speaker 1: The whole rundown for half an hour. Wait a minute, what do you mean by learning about her child the.
Speaker 4: Year zero to twelve or at thirteen? How far did you.
Speaker 3: Get into Well, she was just kind of saying like that she's always been this way since she was a kid, a little flaky.
Speaker 2: Oh she called her daughter slaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and that was kind of crazy she said that, and I thoughd her. I mean, I said, yeah, maybe she's flaky, but she's nice and fun.
Speaker 6: I don't think flaky's the worst thing you could say about somebody, Like my best friend's super flaky.
Speaker 1: It is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Jane says, none has met her for all of two minutes, and now he's defending her.
Speaker 3: And then I said, is this a bad thing for me to pursue her? She's not ready for a relationship.
Speaker 6: Oh, so straight up asked her mom that the worst person.
Speaker 1: In her life. That's a good person to ask.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So her mom was like, it's up to you, but there are other options.
Speaker 1: She's trying to talk you out of dating her daughter.
Speaker 4: Hold on other options? What is she saying? What are the other options?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So that's when I got scared, because I thought she'd say herself yeah, but she brought up Morgan's younger sister Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh, what do you say to that about?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, you guys, that is so low of a mother. You don't even know what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, she said to me that Taylor's single two and definitely won't flake on you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got to get a photo of Taylor before you can make a final decision.
Speaker 1: That's inappropriate unless she's hot, Jasper picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she showed me and here's the pictures. And so I haven't met her sister yet, but her mom gave me her contact, and so you're going to do it? Yeah, I mean we might hang out this weekend. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, no, wonder you're not calling Morgan back to set up another date that actually.
Speaker 4: Be worse, or have a date with both sisters on the book.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I know Morgan is a little bit of a flake. So I don't know if she's hung up by now.
Speaker 2: He's flaked out on this call, but she should be on the other line wanting.
Speaker 1: To talk to you. James.
Speaker 3: Oh man, what Yeah, that's how these works.
Speaker 1: Morgan, you're still there?
Speaker 5: No, I am here, and I'm literally about to burst. I don't even know what to say right now. I don't even know who to be met, my mom my sister are James.
Speaker 3: Like, well, hey, I mean you could have left the VP can't any time. I mean, your mom said this stuff happens all the time and said you're super late and never show. I don't know. I'm at this stage in my life where I need someone that's going to be there for me.
Speaker 5: This is my coll at this point. Okay, I did not know that I was going to be kept like that. I had no idea. I was told when the start this was going to be a ten minute thing. And I thought that you were the type of person that was such a go with the flow personality that could be cool enough to be like we'll hang out later. But clearly I get it now, Like I really get it. You stayed because my mom kept telling you more things about my sister, my cute little sister, and then you got more interested in her, and so then that's why you didn't leave, because you were like, yeah, tell me more about your sister.
Speaker 4: Your keeps getting higher.
Speaker 1: Has this ever happened to you before?
Speaker 2: Has has mom stolen one of your boyfriends and handed her off to the younger sister before?
Speaker 5: Never that she Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, wow, Morgan, obviously there was something going on and you need to have a conversation with your mom.
Speaker 4: But I don't think you can really blame him.
Speaker 6: Like if you were standing there with somebody's dad and the dad's like this guy sucks, you'd believe the dad.
Speaker 4: I mean, who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's known you longer than I have. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, James, she's known me longer than you does.
Speaker 2: I really hate to bring this up, but weren't we supposed to do this call a week ago and then we had to reschedule because you had a conflict.
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's why.
Speaker 2: It's been a week and a half since we called. She really wanted to call after a few days. Isn't that right?
Speaker 1: Morgan?
Speaker 5: It's right. But I'm not Amma's gonna even like let that blow.
Speaker 6: Okay, Cairl, just own your flakiness.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's fine.
Speaker 5: I am not flaking. Okay, I don't even know what to do at this point. I have to call my mom, like immediately, and Kames, you better not see my sister. That's all I'm thinking of now, Like this is crossing the line?
Speaker 4: Are you still interested in James?
Speaker 5: No? But he's still not allowed to see my sister.
Speaker 4: Okay, so, James, that checks out.
Speaker 2: Normally, what we do here is I would offer to send you and Morgan out on another date, and we would pay for it. But what I'm gonna do instead is ask you to not see Morgan's sister, Oh thank god, and will give you money to not see her.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a gift card, but it still counts.
Speaker 1: What you say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a gift card is nice. But I'm just gonna keep texting her, Are you kidding? I mean, I've already gone through all this. I may as well just see what happens now.
Speaker 1: Wow, doesn't work out?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you know what, James, like mother like daughter. Let me tell you a little bit about my sister.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, be here, same time tomorrow because Morgan agreed yes to do an awkward Tuesday phone call with her mom. Oh my gosh, it's gonna be fireworks tomorrow at seven.
Speaker 4: Thirty freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You just heard it from Brooke.
Speaker 2: Morgan has agreed to come back on the show tomorrow to her mom in an awkward Tuesday phone calls.
Speaker 4: I'm freaking out, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I heard her talking to our producer off the air, and she was saying, how could my mom do this to me?
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. I want to hear it from her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was saying, and I'm not even her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She's having a hard time believing that this actually happened. The original plan was for me to confront my mom tomorrow, but we're gonna have to push that conversation back to a later time. Let somebody else confront their mother. It doesn't sound as fun, so don't miss it same time tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The drama will continue.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of today's second date update, we're gonna have it up online on Spotify or anywhere you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning