Speaker 1: Welcome to Bleep with Anna Navarro this week, and I got a treat. I got a treat, thank you for doing this. I've got my friend, my former colleague, somebody that I admire. I like, we always have fun.
Speaker 2: I just I.
Speaker 3: Miss I missed you. I miss Miami. I miss bumping into you, seeing Gloria and you and everyone.
Speaker 1: That was like, okay, so let's talk about your Miami period. Come on. So for a while you lived in Miami twenty years. You had a hell of a house there.
Speaker 3: And it was Gloria and Amelia and you know you are in a buy it.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much that house would be worth right now? I know?
Speaker 3: But you know what, at the time, it was so big and so empty, and my kids didn't want to go anymore. They got to be teenagers. They're like, what do you mean Miami. I'm like, oh, God forbid the boat and the jet skis.
Speaker 1: Well, now everybody wants to live in Miami. Yeah, like that island where you had that Yes, that house would be eighty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but you know, the gross excess of America's too much for me.
Speaker 1: And you were One of my favorite things though, is well, two things I want to talk to you about on your Miami years. Okay, what is something that I have an issue with you about? Go? You don't like flyn hate it? Who does not like fly? It is the best assert in the world.
Speaker 3: First of all, it has the consistency of mucus. And I have told Gloria this, and she insists I keep trying different flonds, but I will only do it when I lose a bet to her. So, you've never met a flan that you have liked? No, but I've tasted a bunch of flonds with you know, they like oysters to me. I don't want oysters either. Don't give me an oyster or a flwd Jesus.
Speaker 1: Girl, you're a lesbian? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Oysters? Mean? Come on?
Speaker 1: I know that's the truth.
Speaker 3: I can't even figure it out.
Speaker 1: And my other but the other story of what you're going to tell is what you used to do. No, what Gloria used to do to you. Come by on the boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come by on the boat. Moon us and her kid went through a phase of mooning. My kids went through a phase of mooning. The tourist boats that would come by, and you know, we lamented about our difficult children that we had, and you know, she always had a lot of great animals. My kids loved going over to her house. Emily was a little girl, we used to have playdates together. It was a beautiful life there.
Speaker 1: I loved going through like a well you're still I think going through, but we're going through like an arts and crafts period.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very crafty. I enjoy crafts of all times.
Speaker 1: Because she tells a story where she would come by on the boat and scream at you with a with a megaphone, Rosie, yeah, pot down the macaroni, stop gluing macaroni, and come outside.
Speaker 3: And she also never believed that we were actually playing scrabble. She'd go, oh, we know what, that's a euphemism for. I'm like, it's not we're actually playing scrabble, you know. So we have a very I had a very big craft room in that house, and the people who bought it asked that we keep it like that and leave all the supplies. So I was very happy that it would be full of kids, you know, full of and we left like the little motorcycles we had for the kids to go around the island. It was an idyllic life. When we lived there. I loved it very much.
Speaker 1: And then you rented for a while. It was it was so much fun having you there. Yeah, but let's get started on some of the issues that I want to talk about. Okay, we can talk about anything you want, but you no longer live in America. And you know. Part of the reason, of course, that was a big part of the reason is Donald Trump. And I don't know if you remember this, but for me it was such a significant moment. I remember the first Republican primary debate in twenty fifteen. It was in Cleveland. It was where the Mavericks not the Mavericks, what are they called Cavaliers play And I was sitting there, I was in the audience, and I had my phone. And that was the debate when Trump got asked, you call by Megan Kelly, you call women fat pig slobs. And he responded, yeah, but that's just rosy o'donne.
Speaker 3: He said, only rosy O'Donnell, and the whole place he erupted in laughter. Yes, And I had.
Speaker 1: My phone on my lap and my phone vibrated and I looked down and it was a text from you. Yes, and Your text said, how do I explain this? I'm watching with my children. How do I explain this to my children? Crime?
Speaker 3: Because Parker was you know, he was ten years old, nine years old, and he's like, you know, what's going on now? When the fight started in two thousand and six, he was on every interview show. He would do every interview show and just sort of debate and degrade and slander and shame and you know, be a misogynistic idiot that he is. And my kids were very upset about it, you know, and they started calling him dump Truck because they couldn't remember his name, so they'd say, they were little mommy, does that mean dump Truck still mad at you? I'm like, yes, he's still mad at me. You know what what did you do? I said? I made fun of him, like a lot of comedians do. But most of those comedians are boys, and he doesn't seem to like girls very much at all.
Speaker 1: Are you following his attacks particularly on female ordourse? So you saw through him back then. This was way before he was thinking of running for president. This was way before all of that. When did you first meet Trump?
Speaker 3: I first met him at his wedding.
Speaker 1: You were at his wedding, yes, which one to Marla Maples you enjoy Joy Joy was there as well, and she also was at Liza Minelli's.
Speaker 3: Wedding, which was in New York too. We were at that one together too. But yeah, I was invited because Jason Opsell, who has since passed away a Broadway leading man. He was a leading man with Marla and will Roger's Follies and then he went to do Greece where with me as Kaniki and I was Rizzil, and so he was invited to the wedding. I went as his plus one, and it was like a kick because I thought to myself, this is the guy that I grew up watching his planes be repossessed off the runways of Laguadia, watching him declare bankruptcy, all the time, him arguing with Forbes magazine about that he was richer than they say, but they always said, sorry, we're not putting you on the list because we can't quantify your income. Because it's all smoke and mirrors with him. He's just a grifter, a con man, a snake oil salesman. And if you grew up on Long Island as I did, or in New York, city. You knew this your whole life. This was not a surprise. He was never on my show except one time. He kept calling and asking and I kept saying, no, I have no interest in having him on the show. And then a broom company gave us one thousand dollars for charity for everyone who would come on and sweep with the swifter broom and I made him like a janitor sweep and then I waved from my desk and we went to commercial. And I never spoke to him. So the first time that I saw him or was in his presence was at his wedding wow.
Speaker 1: And then of course there's the clip that guys getting keeps getting played of you on the View. Yes, what was that? Remind me what that was?
Speaker 3: He had just had a press conference and we were preempted because he had Tara O'Connor, who was the Miss Junior Universe winner, was in a bar in the Greenwich Village kissing a girl and Page six got a picture of it and put her on the cover, and Donald Trump preempted the View to make her at a press conference. Apologized to him and to the country. I said, since wanna see the moral arbiter of behavior of teenage girls and what other millionaires own beauty pageants. He was suss from the beginning, as my kids say. So, you know, I never held him in any esteem. I saw right through him, as every New Yorker in my opinion, does, and that's why he was greeted the way he was at the KNXT game, even though he's bosom buddies with the owner.
Speaker 1: But you know something I actually think that helped him. I think that helped him get elected president in twenty sixteen. The fact that people knew who he was, right, and they knew him as this braggadocious jerk from the Apprentice, So because he had so much name ida and he had name ideas being kind of like what he is. Yes, we've been seeing him be a self centered jerk. He got away with doing things and being things that nobody, no other normal politician could have gotten away with. Correct, No other politician other than Donald Trump could get away with America hearing him boast about sexual assault, about grabbing a woman by the pussy, and then a month later they went and voted for him, including Christians, including Catholics, including people who you know stayed away from him for three days as they went and pray about what to do and then came back and voted for him. And it's because of that, because they were used to that. If we had seen a Mitt Romney do something like that, he'd be out of the race the next day.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But I really do blame Mark Burnett and the producers of The Apprentice for selling a lie to the American public, for selling that show as fact when it was fiction, and pretending that this man, this mediocre man, was somehow a leading businessman in the country, that he was somehow an equivalent to Warren Buffett. Give me a break. It is the biggest load of crap, and he's so easy to see through that I find it very unbelievable that people can't see him for who he is, even with thirty four felonies convictions, even with all of the man who started an insurrection, who conducted and condoned and sat there doing nothing during the insurrection, not saving the police officers, not saving the Congress and Senate, who was hiding as they were chanting to kill people.
Speaker 1: His own vice president. Correct, where were you when that happened.
Speaker 3: I was sitting home with my kids, and I was watching it going, this can't be happening in America? Is this actually happening? I was in complete and total shock. And then when he ran again and got the nomination again, That's when I read Project twenty twenty five and I couldn't believe that it was published in a book that Americans could have bought and read. But they didn't. They didn't give it any attention. And everything that they proposed in that book has been done to a t. And the reason I left is I finished the whole book. I know what is coming, and I know what he's capable of, and watching what Ice has done all over this country, the concentration camps that are being built, the perpetual lies that he tells, the bullying, the blackmail of universities, of television networks and studios, the grifting billions of dollars for the last eighteen months in broad daylight because the illegitimate Supreme Court gave him a get out of jail free card forever and his children forever.
Speaker 1: And the feckless Congress has no oversight. Correct.
Speaker 3: And if I read one more tweet from a congress person or a Senator Democrat, usually saying how horrible it is, what he's doing, but not having a plan. Where's the plan that this man? We're not wondering if fascism is arriving. Fascism has arrived and it's here. And they announced that they were sending ice out in large numbers on election day? Are you kidding me? That this administration announced that publicly, didn't have to deny it. And the news media just goes, well, it's very interesting. Apparently they're going to be sending ice out on election day? Not holy shit, what the fuck has happened to our country? No one is pressing the alarm button, nobody is breaking the glass in case of emergency. It is past time, America. And if my speaking out encourages anyone to speak out, to not be afraid of him. Fear is a tool of fascism and that's what he's using. Lies and fear and intimidation and bullying. And I can't wait for that female reporter to shut up, shut him up the next time he says something. How about a right to his face? Fuck you, you pedophile? Who do you think you are? That's what I would say to him.
Speaker 1: You would. But I've always wondered why the whole press court doesn't just walk out.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I say, you know what, Okay, We're not gonna stand here and have you berate one of our colleagues this way while we're standing here in the Oval office. We're all gonna walk out and guess what. You can stay here with An and Fox News and see how that goes forward. Loves the coverage, or they can hate the lack of solidarity.
Speaker 3: They could have a buzzer right every time he lies, buzz every time he lies, a cricket noise every time he lies. There's so many things the press cort can do. Oh, we don't have any choice. Well, once someone gets him on a question that he then beerates and insults and degrades a woman, the next question from any human should be the same question the woman asked, and just that camaraderie.
Speaker 1: That But there is no.
Speaker 3: Fourth estate anymore. It's corporately owned, and once they own the information, they can bend it all they want, as John Mayer says, and they do, and America is falling apart because of it.
Speaker 1: Now, walk me through when you started thinking about leaving and just that decision making process, because I feel like there's a lot of people thinking about it. There's a lot of people. There's some people who have done it, Yes, but I mean it feels like a you know, it feels like a big decision.
Speaker 3: Well, I was never one of those celebrities who said, if he gets elected, I'm going to do X, Y and Z. When I saw he got the Republican nomination, I was positive that he would not.
Speaker 1: Win twenty sixteen or twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four. Positive, not like I was positive he was not. We were not going to elect the man who led an insurrection against the United States, who's a convicted sexual rapist. You can't say rapist, You'll get in trouble. Well, CBS got in trouble. They capitulated, They did exactly what Stephen Colbert said they did. They gave him a bribe, and it's unforgivable. We need the fourth estate and a democracy to hold up the all three branches. We need it checks and balances. We need a very vibrant, alive, independent media, and we no longer have it in this country.
Speaker 1: But what walk me through the emotions that led you to leave? Were you were you scared?
Speaker 3: Well, I was very concerned about my mental health because while he was in last time. It was not a good time for me. I was drinking too much, I was eating too much. I was very, very depressed. I painted hundreds of portraits of him to sort of exercise it from my body. But I have PTSD from all the abuse that he gave me for twenty years. People say, well, you gave it right back. Yeah, I did. Because if I, a person of privilege and power in this country, can't give it right back to him, what chances do the Epstein survivors have. What chance does any immigrant who's been put in a concentration camp have. We have to use our voice, our free speech while we still have remnants of it in the United States. Now they're going and arresting people who protest peacefully assemble as is our.
Speaker 1: Rights, killing them, killing them Renee Good and Alex Pretty. But there's a difference between going toe to toe with him giving it right back before he was president. You did for many years. Now you know, with him as president. I've experienced this. I know what it's like for Donald Trump to tweet against you. Yes, I mean you know. I've had crazy shit sent to my house. I have had people berate me at airports and supermarkets and follow me. And you know, I'm living my life in a different way than I did before, So I don't know that people don't understand what happens. It's like the gates of hell open up and every little demon walks through it to attack you. When this guy says I'm going after Rosie O'Donnell or Bruce Springs or you know.
Speaker 3: A Taylor Swift or Meryl Streep or Robert de Niro or.
Speaker 1: All of our dead people like Robert Mueller and Rob Reiner and John McCain.
Speaker 3: Well, he is a man with no moral fiber. He's a man who is a narcissistic mentally ill. I really believe he is a severe mental illness untreated, and he's in a narcissistic collapse, if you ask me, which happens to narcissists. And he's so physically ailed by adled or adult by his illnesses, now by his frontal temporal lobe dementia. And everyone's pretending, you know, for Mark Rubio to say I've never seen him sleep during a meeting.
Speaker 1: There's video.
Speaker 3: He's right there. It's it's purposeful false. We'll leave doing a basketball case, right WillFull blindness people have willful blindness when it comes to him.
Speaker 1: Which is different than Democrats, right, because I remember, you know a lot of people talking about Joe Biden's health, including you, and they were Democrats, They were elected Democrats, they were famous Democrats. You clooney, I mean, you know people axel Rod going public about their concerns about Biden's health. I kept saying, I will vote for Biden even if he's in a coma. But I have yet to see one elected Republican or Republican of influence talk about the fact that his ankles are like the size of tree trunks, that his hands are completely bruised, and there's some mismatch makeup, that he's got some weird ass scab on the side of his neck were probably an ivy tube goes in and then he shows up.
Speaker 3: And it looked like when his eye is closed, he is, you know, but they say he's had a series of many strokes. He's you know, compromised enough to not understand what he's taking. When he does a cognitive test, he thinks that he's acing the tests that measured just how bad the dementia is.
Speaker 1: I think I know the answer, But why Ireland.
Speaker 3: My geneticistory is Irish. I did twenty three in May and where one hundred percent Irish.
Speaker 1: My family, you are one hundred percent Irish.
Speaker 3: Me and Conan O'Brien both got one hundred percent back from twenty three.
Speaker 1: On me when I did Skip Gates show. Yeah, I'm like thirty seven different things. I come from a long line of wondering sluts.
Speaker 3: So your people just your heines fifty seven right there.
Speaker 1: Your people just slept with each other.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly. It was just you know, Irish all the way through. And I had been there after my mother died. My father took us five children.
Speaker 1: So how old were you when that was ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we went to Dunny Gaull, which is right on the border of northern Ireland, and it was at the time of the troubles, it was nineteen seventy three. There was tremendous us rest, unrest there were you know, we were in Belfast, right near Belfast. My cousins were from there as well, and I was familiar with it. I needed a country where English was spoken because Clay is you know, autistic and very very smart and cannot do languages or math. And she has this calculus. She can't do math, and she, you know, has some trouble with dyslexia as well. And so I knew we needed an English speaking country and it was really my only choice. I never thought about going to England. I never thought about, you know, going anywhere else. I just knew that I would go to Ireland. I have cousins there still, so they've been very helpful to me, and they've treated you wonder wonderfully. It's such a welcoming country. And when they.
Speaker 1: Don't have I need to come visit you please.
Speaker 3: I'm in Dublin. They have no celebrity culture here and no gross excess. It's a very small country. And when we got there, do people know who you are?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: But very different than in the United States. They'll see me and they'll go, welcome, Rosie, You're welcome in Ireland, and I'll go, thank you so much. Or they'll say, you know, can I buy you a pint? I'm not sure, buddy, why do you want to buy me a pint? Because I hate them too, And I'm like, well, give me a Smithicks then let's go, you know, and we sit and have a talk about politics. I was in a beer garden in the back where families eat, like you know, chicken nuggets and stuff with clay. And there was a little baby and she was playing with the baby, or they were playing with the baby. And finally, at the end of the two and a half hour dinner, we got up to leave. We said goodbye, and they said, by the way, we're huge fans. And I said, and you didn't want to bring it up, And you know what, they said, Well, surely it's not the most important thing. And I thought, surely you're right, it's it is not. And I had a love night with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. And so you've been there now for what over a year a year and a half. What's it like to be back here.
Speaker 3: It's overwhelming. The constant barrage of press about him is too much for my brain to take, I have to tell you. And I look at my Instagram, you know, doom scrolling feed, and there's a million of those little dots on the top because every time I see something that is more evidence and proof of just how bad a position we're in with this president, I post it, you know, and for good or for bad, you know, there are people who are angry at it. And think that it's rude and it's you know, un American. But I disagree. I think what happened at the UFC at the White House was un American. I believe what happened with the reflecting pool is un American. I believe having concentration camps is un American. Taking away women's right to bodily autonomy is un American. There are so many things that we have fixed and cured in our culture that don't need revisiting. And all of those Supreme Court judges who said, no, that is what is it called spoken law or precedent. That is precedent, and we wouldn't do anything to change that. And look what happened. I mean, the Supreme Court now is a joke. And with that horrific decision to give him immunity, he's now robbing us blind in broad daylight, to the tune of billions of dollars. He paid someone fourteen million dollars to paint the reflecting pool without asking any environmentalists or scientists or art historians why they did it the way they did it.
Speaker 1: Are getting a competitive bid, well, he's supposed to do in government.
Speaker 3: He's a grifter. His sons get all of the companies they buy and then he gives them the contract and it's he's a grifter. He's a plain and simple growth.
Speaker 1: Fucking reflecting pool is more green than ever.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's ruined. I mean you know it's ruined. And then they tried to pour in hydrogen peroxide and now the paint is peeling off in chunks, so it looks like tar in the middle of it. It's like everything he touches dies.
Speaker 1: Everything he touches, he's got the reverse midas touch correct. Everything he touches turns to shit. Yes, would you.
Speaker 3: Ever come back when he's gone?
Speaker 1: So you will come back?
Speaker 3: Yes, because I have a new grandson. I miss my grown children. I have four grown children and a teenager, and the four grown children are still very needy of a mother. And I, you know, didn't have parents at that age, so I never did my adult life with parents, like when I moved out and did stand up at eighteen years old or sixteen when I started, I didn't have parents to guide me like I so I have no idea Like when my phone rings at like three in the morning and it's my twenty three year old daughter with an issue. She can't get her car out of the twenty four hour parking because the guy's asleep and she doesn't know what to do, and she's crying on Tenth Avenue, you know.
Speaker 1: And you're in Ireland and I'm in Ireland.
Speaker 3: Where it's five hours ahead, and it's you know, and they just really do need me, and more importantly, I need them, and I want to be around and have Clay around her family, which I think is very necessary.
Speaker 1: And because of.
Speaker 3: The type of autism that Clay has, it's very lonely in a house with just us, right because she likes to isolate. They like to isolate, They like to do their computer, they like to draw, and they're very very happy alone. They don't have friends over, they don't want to go out particularly. They want to stay in the house and then come out of their room every so often and tell me what's going on in their game and show me what they the new skin they got for the Dandy's World, you know, and I get lonely.
Speaker 1: Your mom died when you were ten years old, and it was a devastating, devastating, devastating event in your life that has shaped you, I think since then. Totally. So how did you learn to be a mom?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what the show that I just wrote is about. I went to Ireland and everywhere I looked, I saw my mother's face everywhere I looked. And the fact that what do you mean by that? My mother was one hundred percent Irish, as was my dad, and I stopped seeing her face in nineteen seventy three. But now I'm in a country where everyone has my genetic makeup and we looked similar. And I would see an eighty year old woman at tesco picking up the fruit and I would go, my God, if my mother had lived, that would be my mother, you know. And you don't see it so much in the US because it's not all of the same ethnicity. It's a melting pot, right, so you have all different kinds of people, right. I wasn't in an enclave of all Irish people growing up, but I am now. And this was a show that I wrote to introduce my origin story to the Irish people, and to open it with my mother's death and to close it with the last time I saw her. And you know, people cry in the audience. It's sad and it also has great It's called common knowledge, because that's what Clay always says. Clay is very, very smart. She has the vocabulary of a college student. And when we watch Jeopardy, she knows all the answers and it's very disconcerting. And so Alex Trebek, this is a couple of years ago. Alex Trebek was there saying, which is the deepest part of the earth ever recorded? And she looks up from the iPad and says, what is the Marianna Trench? And I look at her and say, what is the Marianna Trench? And she says, it's the deepest part of the earth ever recorded. Come on, mommy, that's common knowledge. And I said what's common knowledge? She said things that everyone should know but not everyone does. And I said, like what? And she listed off ten things in a row, like Cleopatra lived closer to the advent of the iPhone than the completion of the Pyramids of Giza. Common knowledge. And I run in the bathroom with my phone and I google the shit out of that, and sure enough, every single thing they said was right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how does it feel when your thirteen year old knows more than you two?
Speaker 3: Well, I had to give it up I'm like this, Were you ever a celebrity Jeopardy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I won the first time, you fucking won.
Speaker 1: I'd been on twice. First time I came in, second, second time I bombed.
Speaker 3: First time I beat Robert gam Junior and Ed Bagley Junior, and the second time Carol Burnett kicked my sorry ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if you're gonna lose to somebody.
Speaker 3: Of course I would everyone. You know, Carol Burnett, living legend. Come on, who were.
Speaker 1: Your inspirations as you were growing up?
Speaker 3: Barsabera, Bet, Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews was like, you know, Florence Henderson, all the people Cheetah Liza that I would see on Broadway. I would stand by the stage door and you know, get their autographs and see the cast members sweaty, and you know, for me, Hollywood was a vague, illusionary place. I didn't know how to get there or what it was like. I had never been to California. I had never even been to Florida until Madonna brought me there after leg of.
Speaker 1: Their own Madonna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I remember being there going this is the way to live. If I ever have any money, I'm going to buy a house. And when I got my show, and I've been friends with Gloria and Emilia for a long time, and they said, you know, you're gonna come buy on Star Island, and they convinced me to buy on Star Island, and I was so grateful to them for doing that.
Speaker 1: Have Madonna's eyebrows grown back? I remember you thought that was very weird.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. And she didn't have eyebrows, but she has him now.
Speaker 1: I remember you saying, why did she do that?
Speaker 3: What's up with the eyebrows? Yes, but you know, I mean listen, I think she looks gorgeous lately, looks good. She looks good, and you know, to be sixty eight years old and still able to do what she's doing with these Number one Confessions on the Dance Floor Part two is pretty astounding.
Speaker 1: It's the last time you saw her in concert.
Speaker 3: The last tour when she opened that, the tour that she just finished. And I think she's going to go again with this record.
Speaker 1: And I saw her in concert and she had Ricky Martin in a chair and she was like practically giving him a lap dance. I don't know who I was. I mean, yeah, the entire thing was like, oh, I want to give Ricky Martin. Yeah, who doesn't realize it's a waste of time.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most beautiful humans that ever lived. Physically, he absolutely is a stunning human specimen. But you know, I hosted the Grammys when he was first introduced and he came out and did that big number with all of those things that are at car washes, those floppy members. Yes, yes, yes, And I remember saying when he was finished, who the hell was that?
Speaker 1: You didn't know who Ricky was before then? No? Oh, kai had never heard of him. You didn't know Manodle.
Speaker 3: No, Well, I knew who Manude, that Manuda was a rock group of Hispanic boys, but I didn't know that Ricky Martin was in it. And that was the first time. And I remember Tommy Mottola saying to me, well, he just launched his whole career and he was representing him at that time, and you know, it was pretty overwhelming and impressive. And I've been so proud to see all he's done with care.
Speaker 1: And he is. He's also good people. He is such a good guy with such a big heart, great father, stands up for his community and it's just I mean, Ricky's just a good human being. Yeah, but let me talk about somebody else's looking damn good lately. Who's that Rosie o'donald?
Speaker 3: Oh little money. It took me about a year to convince myself I was allowed to do it. A lot of my friends had it done.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: You okay, you said to me, because we were texting about this the other day, because I'm having like facelift env right now. Yeah, look at this thing. Yeah yeah, there's a pussy where my neck used to be. I understand, okay, And you you said to me, you said to me that that all the headlines were about you having Ocempic face. Yes, okay, So you how long? How much did you lose?
Speaker 3: About sixty five pounds? I've lost sixty Yeah, but I've been on it three years. So I do the lowest dose for a year, that the two point five. Then I did a year at five, and now I'm just finishing a year at seven point five. So then I'll go up one more time and then I'll be done. And you know, don't want to do more. I wanted to go slow because I know that it overwhelms me when I have lost it quick before and everyone's reaction. I like doing it at a slow pace. I like how it feels that I'm not sick, that I've never had any kind of side effects.
Speaker 1: You have never had side effects, not one. You have never had to run to the bathroom, never, Rosie. I cannot tell you how many bathrooms between the View Studio and LaGuardia I have been, really.
Speaker 3: Please, I never had one. Now, did you go up quickly on the dosage?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did it quickly. Now, now that you would tell me your theory, I'm thinking I should have done that. I went into an Asian market once because, like I'll tell my driver, Courtney, you have got to get off this highway and we need to find a bathroom. You got five minutes stopped anywhere. I went into an Asian market and they're like, you've got to buy something to close the bathroom. I left that market holding a peking duck in my high end, gave it to Courtney. I have been to like Dominican barbershops.
Speaker 2: I have been.
Speaker 1: I mean the possibility that I will stop by your house if you are between the View Studio and or your establishment. You've never had one issue.
Speaker 3: Not one but again I did a year on two point five. The doctor kept saying, I want you to go up. I'm like, I'm fine as it is, like, how do you feel? I feel really a lot better. And I had as a result of losing the weight, I had that same kind of neck thing and I had two very deep grooves right here that are called Marionette lines.
Speaker 1: You said to me, I looked sad when I feel so happy.
Speaker 3: Right because people in Ireland be like, are you all right, darling? You look like you're not upset?
Speaker 1: Are you upset? Love?
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, no, this is just my face, you know. And then I got so sick of it that you know, I was happy there for the first time in a long time. I was happy, and I felt stress free. And you know, aside from being lonely and missing my kids, I loved the community there. I love the country. I love the way that they take care of each other. I was telling you at the beginning that I got in this car and this guy cut us off. It was a lim guy, SUV and uber and we pull up to the light and I'm thinking, oh no, they're going to have a fight, and Clays in the car. We just arrived and he rolls down his window and he looks out and he says, how you.
Speaker 1: Doing, friend?
Speaker 3: Are you all right?
Speaker 2: Good for you?
Speaker 3: You use your blaker next time, my buddy, You'll be okay. And I said, why did you do that? He almost killed us? He said, well, you know, Rosie, he could be your cousin. I was like, only in Ireland, right, good? See, people know each everyone knows each other.
Speaker 1: You had been though a critic of people who had faith lifts.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, not just a critic. I didn't understand it like my friends who were overdoing.
Speaker 1: How old were you when you were not understanding it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Some of them started in their forties, right, And I was like, what are you doing? You know, sometimes someone looks so different. So I really interviewed a lot of doctors, like a lot, and a lot of them had too many suggestions for what they wanted to do. And I said, I want only from here down. I want you to fix my neck, and I want you to fix these lines. Leave everything else, because you know, I want to be able to play seventy year old women in six years. I want to be able to be the grandmother in some sitcom or you know, the crazy ant. I didn't want to look different. I wanted to look like myself, just refreshed. And that's exactly what this doctor did. And you know, I tell everyone his name, Doctor Mark Zimbler. If you want to use them on Park Avenue. Very expensive.
Speaker 1: You said it costs you more than a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it costs like right, drive better cars. Well that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh my friends say that, I mean, what the fuck are you driving?
Speaker 3: Well, I've driven every car that's on the Ugliest Car List in the last twenty years without trying to do it. Like I loved my Pet Cruiser. I thought it was the greatest car in the world.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: I know, it's all tin and it's not and they don't even make them anymore. But I can't. I can't justify spending like, you know, six figures on a car. It seems insane to me. I remember when Gloria bought Emilio, that crazy ass mayback, yes, and I remember saying her, that's a house. He's driving around in a house for one of your kids.
Speaker 1: But he's a refugee. He deserves it. Well, he lost everything in Cuba.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true. He did. They deserve whatever. They've worked hard and they've made such a wonderful go of their life, and I love having them in my world.
Speaker 1: But when we were texting about your face lift, which I'm telling you the envious killing me. I'm as green as that fucking reflecting pool. When we were texting about it, you said you felt that it was like a little bit of a betrayal to feminism, and you've always felt that to yourself to be a feminist.
Speaker 3: I don't have a feminist all right, And I said to you, I.
Speaker 1: Think you've got it all wrong, because making yourself happy as a woman is feminism. I totally agree.
Speaker 3: But when Jane Fonda had hers I remember she had a lot of complaints from people like me who are just young girls who looked up.
Speaker 1: You had the Kohonis to criticize Jane Fonda.
Speaker 3: No, I never criticized her.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's like in a difference, She's like, oh, of course, no.
Speaker 3: I mean, and she's she's somebody I totally look up to for how she's lived her life for social justice. It is, you know what I admire most about people who are in the public eye and use their fame for the common good, and she is definitely.
Speaker 1: One of them. So let's talk about something that you just mentioned. Yes, Chelsea, Yes, your daughter who is in prison to be twenty nine in August. She's gonna be twenty nine in August, and she's in prison because of meth possession selling.
Speaker 3: I believeth Yes.
Speaker 1: And you were you just went to Wisconsin to visit her.
Speaker 3: Yes, in prison.
Speaker 1: Oh, Elsie, I don't even know. I want to ask you because it's just so heartbreaking. The whole thing.
Speaker 3: It was heartbreaking, it really was. And you know when she asked me, which she never really does, but she's been sober for the whole time she's been in there.
Speaker 1: You send me pictures and she looks great.
Speaker 3: She looks fantastic, right, Yes, that really made me. You know when she walked through into the visiting area, and you don't.
Speaker 1: Is this is the first time you've been to a prison.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I visited Martha Stewart, I visited Michael Cohen, and I visited Lyle Menendez.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, if I'm ever in jail, please call Rose o'donald. Well.
Speaker 3: You know, here's the thing, Martha Stewart I felt was treated unfairly yes, she were a man, she never would have been put in that position.
Speaker 1: Donald RUMs down way it worse.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: Well, And I wrote to her and said, and I didn't know or I had never had dinner with her. She only had been on my show and I had been on hers, and we had a wonderful kind of teasing relationship, you know. I like look up to her as a crafty person. She's pretty unbelievable. And I said, if she ever needs anything, please let me, you know. And her assistant called me two months later and said, she'd like you to go visit her. And of course I start to cry because I thought she doesn't really know me, right, And how sad is that, you know? And so I went and I had to get a private plane to go there because no flights go right to Lynchburg, Virginia. And I went in and I made sure to not be dressed up nice and you know, not have my hair blown or anything. And I'm sitting there looking like a shlub, and she walks in like she's just been in a Scavoloh photoshoot. She Joe Lenn bleached her hair in prison, so it looked like she just had her hair dyed. She cinched her greens, so she was like stylist, you know. But the funniest thing was, now, mind you, I've never really had a one on one conversation with her, and I sat down and I said, so, Martha, how are you and what do you miss the most from the life in the free world? And she said the flavor of lemon. When that Anna was when I knew she was autistic. I honestly think she may be autistic because that is such an interesting the flavor of lemon.
Speaker 1: I said, if you would have told me, I would have shoved one up my hula.
Speaker 3: I would have totally got that in for you.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, at least well for me, maybe not, but for those trampy girls perhaps. Okay, so let's go back to visiting Chelsea. So she's in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: She's in Wisconsin. She's been sober now for a year and a half. That's pretty amazing. She doesn't have adequate psychological care there, so she doesn't have any medication at this point, which I was concerned about as well. But she's doing very well. And you know, she ran away at seventeen to her birth mother, and she was born addicted to drugs, so she never really had a chance. And when she got back to the place that she was born, you know, there weren't a lot of options for her, and she made some pretty bad decisions and bad choices. And she has four children and your grandchildren, which I haven't you know, I've only met them in person twice. And you know, but since she's been in prison and sober, she calls me every day. We talk for twenty minutes until the phone says, you only have one minute left on this prison call. When we first started talking, you know, those announcements interrupt your conversation and it's very jarring. But now we've gotten to the point where we know exactly how long they take. We stop talking and we can jump in right as the woman has done. It's like we now are established in the telephone vernacular of prison life.
Speaker 1: In an ironic ways. Is the most time you've kind of connected.
Speaker 3: With her, yes, because you know, I think that she always had a hard time with that connecting with people, and you know, didn't really have a lot of relationships with friends, and you know, I think she's had a hard time and and uh.
Speaker 1: Roh, there's so many families in America. I know that's what addiction and dealing with it. My husband's daughter was in prison and he and he tells me what it was like to, you know, go up to Palm Beach from Miami every weekend to go visit her. But how do keep people keep putting one foot in front of the other and not let this consume their lives?
Speaker 3: Like what's it consumed my life for a while? This is not the first time she's been in jail, but it's the first time she's been in prison. So she had been in jail two or three times before this, and this time. You know, she was in a program called Drug Court where if you have only drug charges, then you can get into this rehab type facility where you live there and get yourself healthy and well, and you have to follow the rules or you go back and serve your sentence. And that's what happened to her. She had to go back and serve her sentence, and that's what she's doing now.
Speaker 1: I want to end with two things. One is we're at the this year is the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of America, and I just saw a poll where a lot of folks are not proud of their country. For me, I separated. I separated between I'm proud of America and being an American. I'm ashamed of this government.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way. I love this country. I'm an American through and through. I believe in the founding Fathers, and I believe in this experiment of democracy that we've had going for two hundre in fifty years. It's one of the oldest ones functioning in the world today. And we used to be a beacon of light and hope for the rest of the world. And I think we have fallen in stature in such a degrading way that it's painful physically to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see if glory answers. I'm gonna see if this bitch answers, because I feel like you haven't had enough flown exactly there's you. I mean, I I just feel like thet's like your entire flown experience has not worked.
Speaker 3: Well. You know what, when I come on the view, oh.
Speaker 1: Me eos o'donald. By the way, this bitch looks so good. You don't even understand, you know, she got this rosy o'donald. She looks No I'm I am doing a podcast live with Rosy right now.
Speaker 3: High Glow, High Glow.
Speaker 1: It looks so amazing.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 3: Thank you, honey. I finally I finally decided, you know, pull it a little bit and see what happens. He well, just thank you so much, Gloria.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm telling Rosie that I do not accept that she does not like flaw. I don't feel like she's had the right flow.
Speaker 2: Oh girl, I've been down the road.
Speaker 3: We've been down the road more than twenty years.
Speaker 2: You've done everything possible.
Speaker 1: It's very true.
Speaker 2: I gave it the best flown there is, which was from Laurios at the time and everything, and Nope, no, I'm not having it. You change your mind about doing your face. You could change your mind about Flynn.
Speaker 3: Listen, glow. Next time I see you, me Anna and you are gonna go have some flawn now.
Speaker 1: I think you need to make flun I think if you see what's in it, you're gonna change your mind.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's goofy and flem like, I'm not going there.
Speaker 2: She likes. I think it's a texture thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a texture thing. I like it more custody.
Speaker 1: She said, glow. She said she doesn't like it because it's like the textures, like oysters. I said, bitch, you're a lesbian. What's your problem with oysters?
Speaker 2: But it's not custardy. You want custody or you don't like us.
Speaker 3: I would like it more custody than flemy.
Speaker 2: Okay, but custody is more flemy.
Speaker 3: No, custard is like a firm consistency, like a key lime pie, not like a mushy oyster.
Speaker 1: Why don't we give her I got a flamb the casel.
Speaker 2: We could make you a firmer, a cheese flam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing this. I'm gonna get her back in Miami.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell her all about Basuda when we get off the podcast and she's got a she's got a one woman show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come and see me. All right, honey, what are the dads? July twenty second through August eighth. Okay, I love your glow here in New York, New York.
Speaker 1: You're in New York. No, No, we're not going to fucking Ireland for some show.
Speaker 3: I love you, I love you, glow Hi to Amelio.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not giving up on the fan no, no, we could try that. I love you.
Speaker 3: I thank you for spending this time, thank you for having me, and I'm so proud of you all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud to be your friend. Thank you, ro Thank you, Honey. I love you. I love you. That was it for this week's Bleep with Anna Navarro. What the Fuck? What the Fuck? Bleep with Anna Navarro is a High Finite Media group production in partnership with Iheart's mich Udda podcast network. For more of your favorite shows, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.