Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys, screaming live from the Dallas Cowboys World hears at the Star in Frisco. Six second past kitson today.
Speaker 2: Touchdown and now your hosts, Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans go.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: D's a victory Monday.
Speaker 1: We're on Talking Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys get it done.
Speaker 4: In front of the NFL World Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 5: Ampa Bay enters with a full Dame winning streak. They would knock off win after win for an entire month.
Speaker 4: Will they leave the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex with a big fat hell for the holidays? Cowboys give it to him? Twenty six, twenty four the final from from a D and D Stadium. Welcome in to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. We've got Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yarsh, Isaiah's stand back, Chris Beam in.
Speaker 6: The back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Glad you're with us. I forgot how to do that dance?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 5: The victory Dance? Monday dance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you haven't been around for any victory Mondays.
Speaker 5: Really, either your.
Speaker 6: One hanging out that good morning.
Speaker 5: Football or I'll just wait for them to get the victory.
Speaker 6: This team hasn't won here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're here. I'd like to speak with somebody today. Oh I got a request. Oh Coy, Isaiah Coy Coy, where you at today?
Speaker 5: Well, he's in there, but he's he's he's kind on docile.
Speaker 3: Today up in with Mike Evans.
Speaker 5: Buddy got shut down. He kind of he's a shutdown, but.
Speaker 3: Many kind of did. Said he was going to go for one seven for sixty nine.
Speaker 6: I'll take that.
Speaker 5: I'll take that all.
Speaker 3: Don't you said he was going to go for one seventy?
Speaker 5: You got them against the ropes.
Speaker 3: You didn't give us a chance, that's all right.
Speaker 6: How many first he had at least two touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cooper was throwing bombs out there. Really, but he's doing all right.
Speaker 5: He threw for one away passer rating.
Speaker 3: I'll take his first half was impressive, man.
Speaker 7: It was really good for now.
Speaker 5: They played a good game.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I thought that was the best called game by Mike. Yes, I mean by Mike McCarthy, hands down, Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 9: First half for sure, especially when you couldn't get the run game going at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were good in the run game.
Speaker 3: We're not doing the dance today, baby, no shot shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those do deserve a lot of credit for last night. I think when you look at this win in its totality, of course, it's what it does at the end of the day. And I know there are a lot of fans out there that are clamoring because I see you in my mentions for the Draft show. There's a playoff scenario no longer for the Cowboys. Washington eliminates that with their win over the Philadelphia Eagles earlier in the day. Yes, this win took you from pick number eleven to pick number fifteen. That's where you're at in terms of the win. If you would have lost, you would have been at eleven right now. If you win, you're at fifteen.
Speaker 5: Who cares.
Speaker 4: I thought that was the most impressive win, in my opinion, the most oppressive.
Speaker 5: Win that the Cowboys have had all year long, because you.
Speaker 4: Just got eliminated from playoff contention, and you went out there and you said I'm gonna go hit somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they did.
Speaker 4: Over and over and over again, to the point where, Yeah, Tampa Bay, who was leading their division coming in, who had a four game winning streak, came in.
Speaker 5: You beat their ass in the first half.
Speaker 4: You really did. You kicked their ass in the first half. Now Tampa Bay got back after it. They we're gonna scored three point.
Speaker 1: Two times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you two dollars this guy.
Speaker 4: But that's where I'm impressed is even when they made their charge to you made the plays necessary to get it done.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you when you think about the playoff whole scenario. These guys had about what three hours to marinate on that before kickoff said something where you can just be like man and you can come in dejected. But I'll say this, these players play hard for Mike McCarthy. I don't know what's gonna happen, yep, I don't know where this franchise is has to go from here, but after last night, I'm leaning towards Mike McCarthy's your head coach in twenty twenty five, just because you look at how these players respond and want to come to bat for him. I think that's incredibly impressive and that speaks a lot to what he can do as your head coach.
Speaker 7: Now, granted, you have to do a lot.
Speaker 10: More than get your guys to go for you, right, You have to do a lot more as a head coach to have that success.
Speaker 7: But you know, these guys rally around my McCarthy.
Speaker 10: They give him everything they've got every snap, even when you could say there's nothing to play for. Obviously there's still certain things that you want to play for. A lot of guys are on contract years. But that was the most telling part to me last night, is these guys going to bat for Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 9: I tend to agree. But you still have two games. You still have some time for things to go sour. You really do for these players to quit, but obviously it's not.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like that's going to happen. You saw last night.
Speaker 9: You saw a team that was rallying behind a purpose, and that purpose was to go out there and hit some muddy. An impressive, impressive feat by the defense to hold Baker Mayfield to what they held him to, and not only that, but to just out physical the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You saw that time and time and time again, even though you were mismatched all across the board. Bucky Irving, I don't know why they don't keep running the ball with him. That was really surprising to me that they leaned away from thee for a while there.
Speaker 5: And teams do that against Dallas.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't understand it because we weren't stopping Bucky ever him by any means. I mean, that was rough to see he was not getting tackled. However, Dallas galvanised, rallied behind each other, and it was really impressive. Like you said, Kyle, one of the best performances by the defense this year, and the first half from the offense as well.
Speaker 5: You got, you got production in all three phases of the game.
Speaker 11: I think you got some some surprise play by players that you didn't expect you got.
Speaker 5: Nick Vigil had a heck of a game.
Speaker 3: I went Eric Hendris being out man.
Speaker 5: He really he stepped up in a major way he talked about.
Speaker 11: But Nick Vigil, mister don't practice, showed up and acted like he practiced.
Speaker 5: All week long.
Speaker 11: Never let him practice practice practice, So that was surprising to me. Cooper Rush, his play was surprising to me. I think he made some some solid throws or some throws. I think he definitely could have had that were better, but overall he made the throws that were necessary.
Speaker 5: But these guys in position.
Speaker 11: You talk about this defense, the complimentary aspect of this game, where the offense gets up, gets up a head by two scores and then the defense can do whatever the heck they want to do.
Speaker 5: That was major. Yeah, that was major.
Speaker 11: Talk about Mike Evans and ineffectiveness of Mike Evans in comparison to what he's done in the past.
Speaker 5: This Baker Mayfield could not sit back there and throw the ball. There were there were times where you're like, dangn we need more pressure.
Speaker 11: But then once you got towards that second half, it was like Bro's he's running for his life.
Speaker 5: He was like, he's just running away. It just just felt like that the whole time.
Speaker 11: His hair was on fire, and these guys were It didn't matter where the pressure was coming from.
Speaker 5: And I just I just love the fact that these.
Speaker 11: Guys are running around and hidding, playing fast, having fun, and.
Speaker 9: To your point, he's getting pressured. And it wasn't just Micah. That wasn't just Micah. You have guys like Chauncey Golston, you have guys like Carl Lawson that are giving the Tampa bay Bucks.
Speaker 3: Problems all game long.
Speaker 9: Impressive to see, man like, who would have thunk at this point in the season. You're gonna be excited to see a Karl Lawson and excited to see a Chauncey Golston play their hearts out.
Speaker 3: Man like that?
Speaker 4: Just wow, We asked Chauncy. Yeah, we asked Chauncy. After the game, he joined us on Cowboys Game Night, but.
Speaker 3: On Dallas Cowboys dot Com on Dallas Cowys and watch it.
Speaker 5: I'll clip it, but you can go back to watch the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Watch the whole thing. So Chauncey, I asked him. I was like, is this have y'all shown now? You've got twenty eight sacks since Week ten, twenty eight that's by far most in the NFL? Is this the deepest offensive line or I mean defensive line in football? Showing the depth because you don't have DeMarcus Lawrence, you don't have Sam Williams, you don't have Marshawn neland for much of that time as well, where where does.
Speaker 6: This defense rank in terms of depth?
Speaker 4: And he said it's the best defense, defensive line in perseverance He's like, it's the most persevering defensive line. I thought that was a perfect word for it, because yeah, it's Karl Lawson, yeah it's Chauncey Gulston. But these guys have been given the opportunity and their vets in the league. Carl Lawson, though he's only been in Dallas for a year, has been around for a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Johncey Golston has been here since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: He was a third round pick, kind of bounced back and forth with the last regime inside outside, but now he's got some versatility to rush the passer from the interior and then work back outside as well.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I really enjoyed what I saw from.
Speaker 4: The defensive line again, and I thought that was a perfect word persevering defensive line from Chohncey Golsten.
Speaker 10: Carl loss has had a rep yesterday where he put Tristan Wirfs on his behind. Dude, did not That's an all pro left tackle, one of the best in the football and he was on his behind in half a second, demolished, Like, I.
Speaker 7: Like went back in my share.
Speaker 10: I was like, WHOA, you just don't you just don't see that often, but you know, Carl Lawson's built like a Tonka truck, so it doesn't necessarily surprise me. He talked about the last time you want to see an alley, but I mean that was he.
Speaker 7: I think his play this.
Speaker 10: Year has been so so impressive, and it's been huge for this Dallas pass rush, and you know it goes under the radar with guys like Micah having big days and guys like you know, Chauncey Golston, like you mentioned Osa having big days.
Speaker 7: He's been phenomenal this season.
Speaker 9: I mean, talk about a guy in Carl Lawson that was signing the preseason and had to be signed back to the practice squad. I think it was he cut and then signing the practice squad. Goodness, what an what a turnaround for that. Persevering, Yeah, Persevering would say, interesting word, good job, Johncey, you love to see it.
Speaker 4: I put together a list, just a couple names, and by a couple, that's that's tongue in cheek. These are the Cowboys that have missed at least two games, not just this year, but while the Cowboys have won four of five games so since Week twelve. Okay, okay, these are the guys that have missed at least two games, Dak Prescott, Jake Ferguson, John Stevens Junior. I'm going all the way back, by the way, guys that would have made an impact, John Stevens Junior, Zach Martin, Awesome, Richards, DeMarcus Lawrence, Sam Williams, Marvin Overshown, Trayvon Diggs, Cayln Carson, Josh Butler, amani O Wawaria, and Marquise Bell.
Speaker 5: And yet there's still.
Speaker 4: Four and one over the last five weeks without all of those names. For at least two games out of that stretch, they've scored twenty seven points per game, they've allowed only twenty two points per game, and they're plus eight in the turnover margin. If there's any reason, any reason to have credit to Mike McCarthy, to this coaching staff, to everyone that's in that locker room that puts on a jersey as well, that's the reason four and one.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you're playing the local high.
Speaker 4: School teams that just want a state championship. Congratulations to North Crowley out of Fort Worth, ID. Bet by the way, Baby gunterro isd Salina. I don't care if you're playing them as the Dallas Cowbell does.
Speaker 5: That's impressive.
Speaker 4: And I think they they've played for Mike McCarthy, they played for this coaching staff, and you've shown that over these.
Speaker 1: Last five weeks.
Speaker 6: You're you're doing your job that right.
Speaker 5: And Chauncey said it last night.
Speaker 11: Guys like me, we're playing for, playing for the next opportunity, whether it's here or whether it's somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I feel like we've somebody somebody said that at the time.
Speaker 5: Boys. He literally said the exact phrase that Isaiah.
Speaker 4: I think has hit on this show four hundred times. You're playing for the name on the back of your jersey. You're playing for your next contract, whether it's here or elsewhere. I looked at Isaiah, and Isaiah's just like.
Speaker 6: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 3: So you're talking from a guy that might know a thing or two about a thing, a.
Speaker 11: Former player, it's all who's playing on contract every year? Yeah, No, I mean that's the reality these guys are. They're having fun. Yeah, football is fun right now for the Dallas Cowboys. I mean, obviously the postseason is out is out the window, but.
Speaker 3: But it's no pressure at this point, No pressure, and then we.
Speaker 5: Said that on the pregame show yesterday.
Speaker 11: It's like, Okay, now you get to play grinch money your last three games, you get to play grinch. You went out there, you just stole Christmas from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 5: It exactly sucks for them. Yeah, they're pissed. They are not happy. Right.
Speaker 11: The Atlanta Falcons won and they lost. Right, that's a bad combination for them in the position that they're in. They have one more win than you do right now, and you're out the playoffs, so that lets you know where they're at.
Speaker 5: And then you get to can play the Eagles home. Man. You you want to talk about disrupting some stuff.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the last two teams that you play like, they're literally jocking for the same position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go take that from both of them. Take that. Take that. Okay from both so.
Speaker 11: It's too early, but go take that from both of them. You get to be that guy, and then you then you go on.
Speaker 5: About your offseason.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but you have two games left to go out there and be the disruptors of the NFL.
Speaker 9: And if you win on a winning record, there's something to build on.
Speaker 6: If you're nine to eight in this, that would be unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's a better coaching job that you have. No, I completely.
Speaker 9: Agree, and I think everyone would be behind McCarthy in that moment.
Speaker 3: I really, like I said, I think.
Speaker 5: It's already there to a certain If.
Speaker 9: The next two games go really badly, really badly, it's a conversation.
Speaker 3: It's a conversation.
Speaker 4: You could get beat like you did against New Orleans, like you did against Baltimore. Things weren't great at the beginning of the year. If you end with a couple of those, I agree, But you're gonna have some conversations.
Speaker 9: If you even if they lose, if you play the way this team is played consistently over the past five weeks, I don't know how you say, Noam McCarthy, I really don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough, it's tough, and there's gonna be tough conversations along the way. These are two good teams, of course, like you said, they're leading the division for a reason. But even in that four and one record over the last five games, you're one play away from being five to zero and controlling your own destiny inside the NFC playoff picture.
Speaker 6: That one which is special teams.
Speaker 4: That's why that hurts so bad exactly. But that you're one play away from being a playoff team with this roster, with this team, that's that's.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable, it really is. All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, I want to talk about the defensive growth.
Speaker 4: We continue to see it yesterday, the way they took care of business, and then see the lamb fighting through an ac joint injury as well. I mean, that's not easy to do it, seam do it throughout the game.
Speaker 6: Return to the game.
Speaker 4: Almost had a physical touchdown as well, right after he was listed as questionable. We'll tell that story when we come back on the other side of the break. More talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 12: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 13: Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 6: At and T five G.
Speaker 13: Fast, reliable, secure five G.
Speaker 14: Requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for dy dials.
Speaker 4: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball, make a play for the playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash.
Speaker 12: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 15: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that deniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 3: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Got mine's in you did?
Speaker 3: Did you order yours on the internet?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 3: Using the Quake barco in the corner.
Speaker 5: Bang boom.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, Isaiah and I are sitting in the press box and Patrick walks up and he goes, guess what. Oh yes, We're like what, Pat, what's going on? He's like, somebody tweeted at me. We're like, wow, shocker, Patrick, somebody tweeted at you.
Speaker 5: Wild.
Speaker 6: He was like, no, no, no, it's a good thing. I was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 4: He was like, looks like the cowboys had their oats this morning, like and then tag jirs Patrick.
Speaker 5: I was like, you got a tag guys, Hey, you got.
Speaker 6: A Tommy you know who?
Speaker 5: Yesterday?
Speaker 7: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Donovan Wilson?
Speaker 11: Oh, don't the physical geez it's.
Speaker 6: He had an extra bullet's you know what it was on Aggie Crime.
Speaker 5: You know what it was. He's playing where he's comfortable playing hill.
Speaker 6: Tell us about it.
Speaker 5: I swear somewhere along the way.
Speaker 11: I think we mentioned that I have mentioned that Donovan Wilson is a strong safety. Strong safety usually spend their time in the box and downhill. Got He doesn't want to cover, He wants to hit. He covers by hitting. That's how he covers.
Speaker 3: Did he hit somebody else?
Speaker 5: He destroyed? God? Dip even know how to do you got though he destroyed Mike, He got all in the chest. That was legal hit, that was nasty legal. You can see them. You can see the vibrations like somebody's chest.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, you know those hits which like all the energy got transferred through his body like he didn't skip a beat.
Speaker 9: Maris had one of those two, Yes he did. Maris had one of those legal hit. Oh yeah, absolutely, legal hits all all the crack.
Speaker 11: Of I love seeing Donald be in his element, though, you know, the first first half of the first really three quarters of the season, they were playing him out of his element. You know, we talked about how effective he was in the Dan Quinn system, and now seemingly the Mike Zim system understands, Ah, let's stop making this guy backpedal.
Speaker 5: It's not his thing. Back Pedaling and covering is not his thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe send him forward, send him.
Speaker 11: Forward and let him be a heat seeking missile. Okay, just fuck, that's.
Speaker 3: What he does, hunter killers.
Speaker 11: That's right, all one hundred and seventeen pounds of him just drinning through your chest.
Speaker 5: That's what he does.
Speaker 11: That's why he got the extension here, because he separates man from ball. And now he's able to do that because of where they're positioning him at on the field.
Speaker 5: And I ended it.
Speaker 9: You didn't hear from Mike Evans after that hit either. He really didn't get like one or two catches after that talk.
Speaker 3: After that, Nah, he didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't do that.
Speaker 4: You could see on the slow mo as he went back to the sideline, like you could see him just put his head down and he was like.
Speaker 11: He's tried to get up, and he tried to get up immediately walking he couldn't.
Speaker 5: He had to take a second. They're like, come on, mind, he's like just just.
Speaker 3: He's walking back to the huddle like the Peanuts, like Snoopy.
Speaker 16: Like I'm saying, there's some hits that just like, Okay, that was a good hit, But then there's hits where you literally see that all the energy got transferred through that man's soul.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he felt every every bit of that.
Speaker 10: I mean, when you talk about guys kind of settling into Mike Zimmer's system, I think that really.
Speaker 7: Just goes across the board.
Speaker 10: I Mean, we've talked about how these guys are playing for Mike McCarthy and they're playing hard man.
Speaker 7: Mike Zimmer. You got to give the guy credit.
Speaker 10: He's been in his bag for several weeks in a row.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's so it's so much.
Speaker 5: And I wasn't and I wasn't a believer. I was not a believer. But it's coming together.
Speaker 10: I mean, with the samples as you get at the front half of the season, I don't see why you would.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you could.
Speaker 9: After the Baltimore game Saints game, you're like, oh, this is the worst even.
Speaker 7: I don't see how you would be.
Speaker 10: I think that you know, you talk about impressive working with the personnel. I mean when you rattled off those thirteen names earlier, A lot of it is on the defensive side of the ball, and you know, you lose some of your best pass rushers for majority of the season and you would have never guessed. So I think the time period from Micah Parson's coming back and what Zimmer seemingly learned went wrong in the first half of the season to now what he can do with him in the back half of the season. Because everything kind of centers on Micah, right, That's that's where this nucleus is. Or if he's going, everybody's.
Speaker 3: Going he's the key to it.
Speaker 10: He's he's the key to it all. And you've really seen that switch flip. It's just incredibly impressive. And so you got to give him his flowers.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's he's dialing it up.
Speaker 10: When they blitz, they're blitzing at a really high level, and you know you don't have to worry as much about the back end and the secondary. Sure, they gave him some big play. Thought it was a rough day for Ron Bland yesterday.
Speaker 5: But still play too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, still made the big play.
Speaker 10: And the pressure is gonna open a lot of things up for you and allow you to say, if Bland's having a bad day, or if they're picking on whoever's on the other side, or a Warria or whoever it may be.
Speaker 7: That's the nullifier of it all. That's your game changer.
Speaker 10: And so yeah, this this they're getting comfortable. They're getting comfortable in the scheme.
Speaker 3: They have confidence in the system for sure, and.
Speaker 7: They can play fast in it now.
Speaker 10: They're playing a little bit slow earlier because they're thinking too much. And I'm trying, Yeah, am I in the right spot? Am I making the right read? Am I making my right key?
Speaker 7: Now? That's that's kind of all out the window and they're playing fast.
Speaker 6: Not to keep referencing Chauncey Golston's.
Speaker 5: Interview, but it was a really good interview.
Speaker 6: Was it you or Nate that asked the question? I know it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: Was finding that rhythm and Zimmer system, Like, is it is it time that Zimmer's finally finding a way to put these guys in the right spot and figuring out the system. And Chauncey kind of chuckled like immediately and was like, it's actually the players adjusting to Zimmer system, Like the players adjusting and knowing where to be and figuring it out along the way.
Speaker 5: Again, really good interview.
Speaker 4: Not to keep pubbing on it, but it was it was exactly what we're speaking on on it the exactly what we're speaking on here is the defense needed time.
Speaker 5: And we all laughed. Josh brought it up last week.
Speaker 4: We all laughed when Michael Parsons sat there and said, you know what, at the end of the season, you guys are gonna look at us and say that's a really good defense.
Speaker 5: We're like, yeah, all right, dude, all right, yeah, not the case.
Speaker 9: That was off of a five game losing street exact course, it's it's hard.
Speaker 4: To be like okay, and I'm glad that he said it because it shows the.
Speaker 3: Mentality moving forward.
Speaker 5: And Mike didn't have a sack last night.
Speaker 4: He also went up interest in Worth quite a bit too and kind of bounce back and forth, but.
Speaker 5: He had one.
Speaker 4: He had that's right, you're right where Vigil had a recovery but then landed out of bounds.
Speaker 5: He was all over the.
Speaker 3: And Maris as well, like not tandem.
Speaker 9: Goodness, man, that's something that you want to see again, Like, I hope those two are specifically playing together again soon Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's the great work of experience and youth working together to pursue what was a good game from both guys. How encouraging is that to see a guy like marisleaf out you spent the third round pick on him, kind of went out on a limb. Remember that people were upset with that pick. They thought they reached on that pick. To see him as the starter coming out of training camp. That was the first indication of Okay, he's doing the right things, he's in the right spot, but he's er undersized. And that was the one knock consistently. He didn't play undersized last night. He played downhill, he played.
Speaker 5: Where he needed to be in He disrupted a lot from Tampa Bay's offense.
Speaker 11: He's undersized, I mean, and they'll fix that this offseason, but he that has nothing to do with his heart, his willingness to get in there and be physical, and.
Speaker 5: I think that's why they got him.
Speaker 11: He's fast, he's he's quick, he's instinct up and then he's willing to put his head in there regardless of what the scale says. You know, it's the second game that we've seen I think back to back weeks from now that he's had a force fumble, right, Yeah, So he's getting in there and even though he's not being the main guy to make the tackle, he's in on those assisted tackles and he's like.
Speaker 5: All right, you wrap him up.
Speaker 11: I'll pull this ball out of there, right, And it's like a complimentary ball, like, do what you do best. You know, you don't have to be great at everything. And that's the one thing about this this league, and people need to understand that players fit particular roles. And if Mary's lea Foule's role is to be the smaller energy bus guy that can be everywhere and can stop a guy long enough for his boys to come, and then he can be the guy who rips the ball out.
Speaker 5: Then that's his role. That's what he is right now.
Speaker 11: I mean, maybe that changes in the future, but right now he is the energy bus on the field at the second level.
Speaker 10: The thing that can cancel out being undersized is having a really high football cute IQ being a really smart player, and that's what Leafoo is. I mean against Carolina, you know, there were some plays where it's like, Okay, well he's maybe not in the right spot here, he's a little late there, and he missed.
Speaker 7: Some stuff much much much better in this game.
Speaker 10: And I think Isaiah said, at best, he's not the guy who's getting the solo tackles and running those numbers up.
Speaker 7: But he's always in the area. He's always kind of lurking.
Speaker 10: And if he starts gardening a reputation for Hi'm going to punch the ball out and do everything I can to get that ball loose, that's going to be incredibly and valuable.
Speaker 9: And right now he doesn't necessarily have the wherewithal the awareness to be in the right place at the right time.
Speaker 3: But he has a quickness to get there right.
Speaker 9: The more he develops that football IQ, he's going to be in position more often than not.
Speaker 5: He has a frame to put on some weight too. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know where he's at right now when I'm just looking at him. He might be two ten. I don't know, but I think he probably comes back fifteen pounds heavier next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and changes it.
Speaker 9: And hopefully that he doesn't lose just speeding that. But then again, he's so young that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he won't.
Speaker 3: He won't.
Speaker 10: He has a motor man And the other side of that with vigil. He didn't practice twice this week. Pract He barely has practiced.
Speaker 3: I've never seen him before.
Speaker 7: Every time I've seen him it's been with at the meetings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's that's what walks into the stage. Where's your bad?
Speaker 3: It's like, well, he's just like niform.
Speaker 6: This guy.
Speaker 5: Are you a trainer? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Actually you know, starting linebacker?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 10: And he leads your team in tackles ten tackles. That was one that I woke up this morning. I was like, am I reading that right? He led the team in tackles and sure enough, I mean it's.
Speaker 5: On the film too.
Speaker 3: Oh he's all over the place. It's nasty, and he.
Speaker 10: Gives you some value on special teams too. So of course his cap Jordan Lewis. Dude, geez that that was the wildest interception I think I've seen.
Speaker 11: He I'm going to say this, Jordan Lewis is the most consistent player Dallas has had on their defense in two straight years. Yep, is he restrict he's restricted free agent?
Speaker 5: Correct? No, I think he's just free.
Speaker 3: I think we had a conversation a couple of weeks ago about like, who you would keep?
Speaker 9: It was my question of the question Osa versus Jordan Lewis, and like, man, I'm starting to turn a new leaf on ah.
Speaker 5: So now you want to come to my side of the defense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I might.
Speaker 5: George's both impact players. They're both great.
Speaker 7: I think I picked Elsa too. I think I might.
Speaker 4: Everybody picked Osa except for me. I said, you know, I think no, because it was Patrick. Okay, Yeah, and all right, I think I'm swinging to the dark side over here.
Speaker 5: There's plenty of you.
Speaker 9: You have, goodness, gracious Jordan Lewis, and granted this is his tenth.
Speaker 5: I don't know. But he's effective, he's so he's so consistent, he's there were so many plays restricted to listen here, Cowboys Nation, y'all to start a petition.
Speaker 3: Like I'm so serious makes some noise.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 11: Is the heartbeat of your secondary. Yes, I will say it again. He is the heartbeat of your secondary. If you do not retain Jordan Lewis, this is not the same secondary.
Speaker 7: Completely agree.
Speaker 5: When I'm not even.
Speaker 11: Talking about just from the coverage standpoint, I'm talking about from a competitive standpoint, YEP, leadership. I'm talking about from the leadership standpoint, the things that he's overcome, how he's come back on the field, how he approaches the running defense. This was your one of your leading tacklers last year, right, somebody who steps up in the hole this year. You go back to yesterday's game, go back to where he was in him able to step into the whole Philly gap and just shrug it off. All right, let's go back to the huddle like not know who rah and not know Yeah I did that, just like yeah, that's my job. Okay, let's go and bus next. Yeah, Like just how he carries himself and how he goes about his business. This is somebody that you need, not want, somebody that you need on your roster. Do not play with your food on this one. Sign this man ge him what he's worth. I know there's a lot of other contracts that have to get done. I know Micah is on the cuss. I know that you got to get the wrong plan. I know that Tyler Smith, You've got a lot of big names.
Speaker 9: And you already got him back on a sweet deal. You're not going to get that again.
Speaker 11: Listen, you are not, because there are going to be a lot of teams that are going to pay him the bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: You better make sure you're in that conversation.
Speaker 9: Do you granted this is a talking commander's question, but do you think Washington would be able to sign a guy like Jordan Lewis having needing to extend uh what's his name?
Speaker 3: Marshall Latimore as well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I could also say that not getting Lewis because they've kind of got his kind of style of player.
Speaker 11: And Mike say Erstrol, Yeah, but you put three theom in Latimor's like that too, so you put you put threedom guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, remember dan Quinn had a Type two at corner and Jordan Lewis was guy, but he shined absolutely and he played very well there and that's where he's probably taken the biggest step in terms of his play throughout his career.
Speaker 5: So there's a relationship there.
Speaker 4: But I think, honestly, here's here's what I'm saying, keep him, make him a cowboy for life.
Speaker 7: Do that.
Speaker 5: I'm all on that.
Speaker 4: If they aren't able to do that, and Al Harris gets a job somewhere else, that's where you got to look. That's a team that would go and get him, doesn't matter where he ends up. Al Harris has had a huge impact on Jordan Lewis, along with Trayvon Diggs, did.
Speaker 6: Ron Bland and the rest of those guys.
Speaker 4: If Al Harris is not here next year, that's who you got to be worried about.
Speaker 5: I think you have to be worried about the highest bidner. I think he's at that point. I think he's at that point of his career.
Speaker 6: Take what bag he has.
Speaker 11: Exactly, And that's why I say eighth season, this is his last opportunity, most likely his last opportunity to get the bag. There might be teams that he wants to go to. It might be the Dallas Cowboys that he wants to come back to.
Speaker 4: He's going to be twenty million in career earnings, which is decent, but he could get he should be getting another.
Speaker 5: Half of that.
Speaker 6: He could get two per per year or two for ten.
Speaker 5: He should be getting seven eight nine per year. Yeah, with the effectiveness that he has on.
Speaker 3: Your deal, it's gonna be tough, man, It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be a that's gonna be a tough.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be an awful off season.
Speaker 4: Just everybody that's clamoring for draft picks and draft status and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Guys, this off season is going to be terrible. Just buckle up. I'm just not excited about it.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying football while we still have football. Yeah, back to back division games you just won in prime time.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna enjoy this while on his last year coming up.
Speaker 6: No, No, if he was twenty two, that's right, he has.
Speaker 5: He was first a couple of years too.
Speaker 9: I know you're saying it's gonna be bad, and of course you had last season leaving a bad taste or I guess at the beginning of the season, leaving a bad taste in your mouth, as far as resigning folks, as far as going out to free agents when they've already prepared you for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be the same.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be great, if not worse.
Speaker 9: If you signed Micah early on, how do you feel I'd feel better?
Speaker 3: You feel better?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd feel better because they you can move money, then you can do some more. Yeah, the same thing with DAK and CD. You moved the money around and get through the rest of the yes day one, just.
Speaker 7: Get it done.
Speaker 3: I mean, clearly he's all about it.
Speaker 9: Who knows if that's what his agent is saying, but geez man, I know for a fact that is not what his agent is saying.
Speaker 5: Micah. It's true, that's true, But his agent is not saying that.
Speaker 4: So we'll have to talk about that when the off season comes around. All right, when we come back, Oh, it is time for some smelly sticks that it is our player of the game, scratch and sniff from all those at home. Let's pass these a little smelly sticker action when we come back here on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T fi G Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 8: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 17: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on this side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 5: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 18: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may vary. Digital tools feature required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit asurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you.
Speaker 4: Buy in Visi line the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys All smiles.
Speaker 5: Happy Holidays to you and yours. We've got a special present for you. By the way. We're still going to be here tomorrow. Oh heck, here we are long like eve Christmas Eve edition of Talking cow.
Speaker 3: Here mos toy, he's here. You like that one?
Speaker 5: Where's mose?
Speaker 3: You never heard that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I know what At first I say, like bless you or something?
Speaker 7: You need a one?
Speaker 3: No, I'm good.
Speaker 5: There we go, there we go.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we'll be here tomorrow Christmas time, Doug, all right, so we'll enjoy it.
Speaker 6: And I am now. We won't be here on Christmas Day.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, into town.
Speaker 6: We're not going to be here on Christmas.
Speaker 5: Day, but I was going to be sitting right here.
Speaker 6: We'll be here the day after Christmas though.
Speaker 3: With our presence.
Speaker 5: Dude, you want to show them on to be here?
Speaker 3: With just like, what's up, guy.
Speaker 6: You have you get in oculus Christmas?
Speaker 3: It's just a joke.
Speaker 6: Let's be nice. Yeah, my socks will be on the show.
Speaker 4: Coyle gave me some socks. Yesterday. I labeled a bag because I knew it was gonna come up. I labeled a Christmas bag and I said Merry Christmas to the first person to mention the Washington Huskies on today's show from Ky. And of course Isaiah brought up the Huskies first, and so I passed it along again, and the broadcast a couple of times. Yeah, the broadcast brought up Washington receivers, the NBC one did, but he got him some Husky socks, little huskies on him.
Speaker 6: So there you go. That's right, Harry, Christmas in.
Speaker 5: The building, big Big, Vita and.
Speaker 3: Jay may or may not have heard laid that head on Jake fergus And.
Speaker 11: To that point, I was good eating breakfast today and there might have been somebody about the name of Jake Ferguson who was walking by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was walking gingerly.
Speaker 11: He was talking to some of the staff and he was like, bro, I'm still filling that hit from Vita.
Speaker 5: Don't black call him a bit.
Speaker 11: He said, I called him from that big hit from four hundred.
Speaker 5: He was just like, don't blame him that that was He's a brick wall.
Speaker 7: Man like that.
Speaker 5: But did you see what he did on that plate?
Speaker 11: He went from sideline from way from d line, dropped back into coverage and then sprinting about thirty yards and then stopped his body with Jake Ferguson's body.
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 3: Jake Ferguson looked like I got hit by a car man.
Speaker 5: That was that He's that's literally a mister Bean car.
Speaker 7: Now we talked about Carl Carl Lawson was a talking truck.
Speaker 5: That's that's a.
Speaker 3: Imagine as he hits me, going, you know, this annihilates him.
Speaker 5: Dude, I hear that sounds of the game.
Speaker 4: Jake Ferguson might get my smelly sticker just for the fact, just for that.
Speaker 5: Taking a hit. I was still playing today. I would so incorporate that. It's about.
Speaker 9: If you know some of them look like, is there a car on the is there a nineteen fifties car?
Speaker 11: Mister Bean Kendrick, that bro he doesn't Donovan Wilson, oh Don Donald, speaking.
Speaker 3: Of Donna, I gotta get my smelly sticker.
Speaker 9: For the absolute beating he gave to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I'm giving him the grape smelly sticker because he was making some jam.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, the official fruits of.
Speaker 5: Carolina. Yeah, Patrick, I know what that is. Patrick. Patrick's not even here to defend himself. Last week.
Speaker 4: After the Carolina game, I said, I was like, do you guys know what the official fruit of Carolina Carolina is?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 5: He goes, oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: And we're like, what what is it?
Speaker 5: And he goes, I forgot, I forgot, I forgot.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It was like, I don't think you did.
Speaker 3: Good old Pat, Tommy Irish.
Speaker 9: All right, smelly sticker, you got the thing for the one shot.
Speaker 10: We've got the I Love you Donut holiday season, treading some love around Cowboys fans should love Ceedee Lamb an extra bit this season.
Speaker 7: You know, sometimes when you get.
Speaker 10: A big contract, yeah you might lay off a little bit.
Speaker 3: Start off.
Speaker 7: Not Ceedee Lamb, not Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 10: This guy's got half an arm with his shoulder injury, and he's still fighting through. I mean when he came out that one play after the fifty two yard game down the field, he comes out for a play. PA announcer comes on in the press box. Ceede Lamb is questionable to return. He didn't even finish his sentence before Ceedee Lamb was running back into the huddle. He gets you down to the one yard line to set up that Zeke touchdown.
Speaker 9: Guy's a dog and the announcer goes and Ceedee Lamb is back.
Speaker 10: Shout and he got robbed of a touchdown. I think he scored on that play. I think he scored on that And then it looked it looks for me like he was but you know, effort. At first I thought he was in.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I love that, I really do.
Speaker 7: Should Lamb perfect one?
Speaker 3: I certainly do you.
Speaker 5: Want to go next?
Speaker 4: You want me to go next, I'll go next to all right, I forget how to do this. I've got these uh, I've got these blueberries right here, blue and they're paired together just like you saw Nick vige them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, right there all the way through. They're nice, Nick Vigual nice. They're wearing blue.
Speaker 4: They were wearing silver, and they were having the opportunity without to Marvin over Show, without Micah Parsons in the fold, not Micah Parsons. Without Eric Hendricks in the fold, you had no demo, No Eric Hendricks.
Speaker 3: Nick Vid had him on the edge, you.
Speaker 4: Had him all the time. They were able to cut down and make it happen. Well done, Nick Vigual and Marius lea foul a couple of blueberries, just.
Speaker 3: A pair, just pair.
Speaker 5: Let the boy why.
Speaker 6: What a show? Do I need to go? Get my Isaiah's dirty mind?
Speaker 5: Pharaoh, go look it up. I don't remember what show was. Let the boy watch.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, normal thing. Don't worry.
Speaker 5: It goes all the way back to blue Poppy.
Speaker 4: Don't ever don't ever use this sticker right here?
Speaker 5: All right, beamer ready for my one shot. Here we go.
Speaker 11: You can't see crap on it here. You hold it up, show it to the camera right behind.
Speaker 3: You there, sir, They need to see this cardon of milk.
Speaker 5: Come on, you're closer than that. Come on, a couple of apples. You gotta steady, steady. I don't know if it's not gonna focus.
Speaker 3: You gotta come back this way.
Speaker 11: It's not gonna hit the same all right. Anyways, I'll take that from you, sir. Describe it for this is a pair pineapples here, one pineapple.
Speaker 6: You know what pineapple does, right juice?
Speaker 11: One pineapple has This pair has the glasses on. Other pineapple does not. They're both reading a book, which means that they're both studying studious. So this reminds me of one coach McCarthy and one coach Zimmer.
Speaker 5: One of them wears glass.
Speaker 11: One of them wears glasses, one of them doesn't. These guys were studying their opponent this week and they both came out with their bag. They took care of business. The office was cooking and the defense was cooking. Game plans were outlandish. Okay, I love the schemes. These two buddies were in their bag, pot right there, putting tho guys right in the.
Speaker 3: Middle, stick right on the front.
Speaker 5: That happened.
Speaker 6: There you go, there you go, very nicely done of them.
Speaker 4: Do we know what Patrick's I don't know, Patrick smelly Sticker.
Speaker 5: I can text them though, and maybe he'll get back to me quick.
Speaker 6: Probably a vigil.
Speaker 5: Uh oh, bro, I gotta pull that over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so, yeah, yeah, uh And see, because I know Patrick, I know he's gonna go with the state fruit of Florida, which of course.
Speaker 3: Is the papaya.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a macaroon over here.
Speaker 3: It's the papaya. Get your hands off my papaya, guys.
Speaker 5: But he's gonna go to Nick Vigel, Nick vigil There you go?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm still still there.
Speaker 4: You go sentiment text. All right, that's gonna do it for us. You're on talking Cowboys. We'll get a smelly sticker at it. If it is Nick Vigial, we'll keep it as that. If not, the papaya will belong to whoever, whoever he's traveling today. He's got some family. Everybody, have some fun over the next couple of days. We'll be back to you tomorrow. People talking Tuesday eight eight, eight eight five five two two nine seven, we will be back on the air. Have some fun with it all, and we'll talk to cowboys. And shall we get Isaiah all week week?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, except.
Speaker 6: For Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: No, we're going against the Eagles. I don't even know. Coin's out of your bike.
Speaker 5: I love playing the Eagles. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be ramped up and ready to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They just lost to the Commanders, Buddy.
Speaker 5: I commanded them to lose.
Speaker 3: Jen Hurts questionable.
Speaker 5: He is questionable.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see Donald I wouldn't either for Chris Beam, for Isaiah stand back for Tommy Ours, for Josh Rodriganz. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow Christmas Eve, everybody.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.