Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Chum from the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central and Actually Live, Actually Special Special before the Daily.
Speaker 1: Show presents Indecision.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four Election Night in America.
Speaker 1: Nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 2: Now, here's your host songs doom, looking at it, coun.
Speaker 1: That crowd is hell.
Speaker 3: Turn up, everybody, Welcome to the diligent mind, even Junge.
Speaker 4: That is the sound of a crowd that does not have access to a television set and has no idea what's happening.
Speaker 1: Out there in the world.
Speaker 4: My name is jonest It it is election day and we're coming to you live court. Find My solemn vow to you is this, we are not leaving here until this election is over. Although obviously Family Guys starts at midnight. We do not yet have a projected winner.
Speaker 1: At this time.
Speaker 4: But as is my custom an election night, I keep the sound off and I just go and watch.
Speaker 1: To see how we're doing with it. Off.
Speaker 4: Let's go over to MSNBC and see there, Oh there, their faces look like someone said their sponsorship deal with Warby Parker is over. And then over at Fox, Let's take a quick look over, Oh, look at that it looks like their dad got the court to up the dui charges.
Speaker 1: So what does that mean?
Speaker 4: But we've got full team coverage tonight. We've got Grace Coochman and Harris headquarterers.
Speaker 1: We've got Troy a lot of at Trump headquarters.
Speaker 4: We've got Jordan's Klepper in the swing state of Pennsylvania. First, we're gonna go to Troy and Grace. Troy, I'm gonna start with you, Troy at Trump headquarters.
Speaker 1: But what are you wearing, Troy?
Speaker 5: It's a garbage bag. Yeah, we have to wear them to prove that we're not garbage. It doesn't make a lot of sense. A lot of stuff doesn't make sense here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grace here at Kamala Harris campaign headquarters.
Speaker 1: What is the mood there?
Speaker 6: It's tense, John, But they're still doing everything they can.
Speaker 4: They're throwing every last celebrity up on stage, although they are starting to run out of celebrities.
Speaker 1: Well, who's on stage now? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So they just had on carrot Top Stepdad.
Speaker 7: And Solange Solange Knowles, No, just a guy named Solange.
Speaker 5: The mood here is also very tense, John, People are really sick of all the positive signs. And just want to find out the results so they can start the insurrection.
Speaker 1: Wait. Trump seems to be doing well, so yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Don't care win or lose. These people are going to take a shit on Nancy Pelosi's desk again. They've been eating fiber bars for twelve hours. They are Randy, thank you, Troy, Troy A.
Speaker 4: Watten and Greg Schoolish ran everybody that's.
Speaker 1: That's oh, look at that. But the great's out of stage manager with her out there live baby.
Speaker 4: Out there at the headquarters in a I don't know where her headquarters are, but she was there.
Speaker 1: Live. Now.
Speaker 4: Look, I know a lot of people out there feeling anxious. I want to assure you that that is very good for our ratings.
Speaker 1: So keep up good work out there.
Speaker 4: Do not remove your eyes from the TV at all costs for more Swingston analysis. So we're gonna go live to Pennsylvania. Jordan Klepper is out there.
Speaker 1: Jordan all good to seeing my man now.
Speaker 4: Jordan's you have been on the ground in Pennsylvania for almost a year.
Speaker 8: Thanks John. I moved here about a year ago, and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed getting to know these hard working sult of the earth, common sense folk, they're fracking awesome.
Speaker 4: Well, now that the election is over, it's probably gonna be hard to say goodbye to your found family out there.
Speaker 8: Sure as John, Wait, I'm sorry, you just say it's over, like the assignment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, Jordan, the election, I mean, this is it's holds have clothes. Obviously we're going to look at the results coming in from Pennsylvania, But how do you make sense of what we're seeing tonight out of Pennsylvania?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, John, Not only in Pennsylvania a place of historical significance, it's also beautiful, the people, the energy of the foliage. It's going to be hard to say goodbye.
Speaker 4: What issues do you think really move the needle for voters out there? I mean, obviously had been living amongst them for a long time. Was there anything that you can put your finger on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: God, so many things? The Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross Museum, Dennysburg is here, right, what's the white block a cream cheese? Such a rich culture.
Speaker 1: I may never leave Dexic for no, Jordan.
Speaker 4: We all know Pennsylvania, though, could ultimately decide this election, and it has not been called yet.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of votes downstate? This stuff to go.
Speaker 4: Has your experience been that Pennsylvania representative of our nation's voters as a whole?
Speaker 1: In some ways?
Speaker 8: You have two major cities book handing in a rural population. It's a fascinating juxtaposition, and I feel privileged to be able to witness at first hand.
Speaker 1: Stubout it, pally, you know what, this is too slow?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna take Pennsylvania's voted public transportation.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, that seems like a carriage, but Jordan's. Since Pennsylvania is a battleground state, residents there have been bombarded by texts and emails and commercials and door knocking. Do you think to get out the vote effort worked or has it paradoxically given residents and negative feeling about elections in general.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not at all.
Speaker 8: I mean it wasn't a lot, sure, but it was necessary to uphold democracy.
Speaker 1: I personally didn't mind it one bit.
Speaker 4: Jordan, Are you suggesting public transportation in Pennsylvani is a flying cheese steak?
Speaker 8: You are such an elitist.
Speaker 4: I apologize, and I hate to ask you this, but I was hoping while you were there, and I should have told you this earlier.
Speaker 1: Could you pick up some Hershey chocolates for me?
Speaker 8: I mean, how about these these eminems I got from Penn station.
Speaker 1: John, Welcome home, Jordan's clap to do? Did you see you again? Jordan Clipper? Everybody? Oh, I'll be right back with the Senator Pennsylvamia. They okay, these people don't care.
Speaker 4: They're hopped up on the goofballs or whatever it is they got.
Speaker 1: They don't care. They're here to party. Welcome back to the DAILI show. We do have some results. I want to get to.
Speaker 4: There's one in particular that is close to my heart. I want to We're ready to call it New Jersey, the state of New Jersey. We're gonna call it for at this time.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris, Kamala.
Speaker 4: Harris, Kamala Harris wins New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Is very interesting. She gets it looks like fifty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: She gets fourteen electoral votes, and Donald Trump gets Studatts, which Scots, by the way, is an official number in New Jersey, along with Bupkis, which is also the name of a law firm I use out there.
Speaker 1: Call us if you're in an accident. We'll get you.
Speaker 4: Stu got Zimbukis. I do have something doing ounce very quickly. We were going to join Senator Fetterman in Pennsylvania. He is unable to join us. But because we are a professional and venerated news show, it's not like I just have to sit here with nobody to talk to or nothing to do, just because somebody said thirty seconds before we were supposed to have him.
Speaker 1: As a guest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not doing that. And hey, wait, do you get those sweatshirts those hoodies?
Speaker 4: So we do have another guest, by the way, and we're delighted that she is going to be joining us. My first guest joining us from Phoenix. She is Arizona's Democratic governor, Katie Hobbs. Welcome Katie Hobbs of the program. Hello, Katie Hubbs. Unfortunately, because I have trouble pivoting, I'm only going to ask you questions about Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: I hope that's okay.
Speaker 4: We're going to have federment on how are things going out in Arizona? Are the polls just closing out there? Have they not closed yet?
Speaker 10: Polls close at seven and we are just seeing the first results. What we know is it's going to be a long night here, probably along several days as we're counting the results of the votes.
Speaker 4: Has everything gone relatively smoothly? Arizona has, you know, obviously had a reputation for some troubles within the electoral system, but you guys have run it really well. The Cybern Ninjas did a bunch of looks at you're thinking, found nothing. Everything runs very smoothly. Have you found tonight ran smoothly?
Speaker 6: You know all those problems are fake news?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 10: Overall, to me was a very good day. We heard that people had great experiences. There were long lines. Part of that is because of our very long ballot that we had, But as far as we know, the problems were addressed. We took quick action and Arizonaan's got to make sure their voices were heard.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 4: Now you do have a long ballot, I think in Arizona there are I think ten referendums or something along those lines. The ballot was a couple of pages.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it was four pages.
Speaker 10: And look IV towed a record two hundred and sixteen bills in my first twos as governor, and the legislature did an end run and sent half.
Speaker 6: Of those to the ballot.
Speaker 10: Which is part of why it was so long, which is certainly a burden on voters that have to wait in line for a long time to vote that ballot.
Speaker 4: Now, did you just say you vetoed two hundred and sixteen bills.
Speaker 10: Yes, we have a legislature that is run by literal insurrectionists and indicted fake electors, and they didn't get the message that voters wanted sanity over chaos, and so they kept sending extreme measures that I had to veto.
Speaker 6: But here's the good news about our ballot.
Speaker 10: In addition to all the garbage that the legislature sent, we also had the chance to vote on a ballot measure to enshrine abortion in Arcita's constitution. Right now, the results of that are looking very good. So I'm optimistic about that passing, and that's being able to restore our rights here in Arizona.
Speaker 1: I didn't catch most of that.
Speaker 4: Because as soon as you said you were enshrining reproductive rights, the crowd went crazy, and oh my god, they're taking their clothes off.
Speaker 1: This is just guys, you're in your.
Speaker 4: In terms of the races that we don't hear as much about the Senate race that is out there. Do you have any insight in what's going to happen in Gayaga versus Lake?
Speaker 1: And I know that she hasn't yet.
Speaker 4: Well, I conceded the race for governor with you, so I can't even imagine what's.
Speaker 1: Going to happen with that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, I mean I don't know how she's going to be both governor and senator. She still is contesting that the results of twenty twenty two. But look, I have confidence in Arizona voters that they are once again going to put sanity over chaos, just like they did in twenty twenty two. I won that race by half a percent, and that half a percent meant that I could veto those two hundred and sixteen bills, that I could repeal our States eighteen sixty four abortion band, which Kerrie Lake has said was great.
Speaker 6: She is Chump's chief.
Speaker 10: Election denier in Arizona, and I can't imagine her in charge right now with our democracy on the line. And I think that voters are going to end her chaos ones and for all and choose sandy be over chaos again.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. Now you mentioned.
Speaker 4: That you've got a good feeling about that referendum. Is there anything you can tell us about the presidential race? Are you hearing good turnout in Democratic strongholds? Are you hearing anything that might give an audience here? And it is five in the morning in New York, I don't know if you do that. Is there anything that you could give that might tell them there's a reason.
Speaker 1: To stay up.
Speaker 10: Well, we're not going to get another round of results until eleven o'clock tonight, Arizona.
Speaker 6: Time, so we won't know tonight. And what we do know is that it's going to be close.
Speaker 10: And that is the prediction I've made all along, and I think that prediction will hold right well.
Speaker 4: Governor Hobbes, we thank you so much for taking the time. Give anything you want to add about Pennsylvania. We're happy to hear it.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry that I'm sorry Senator Fetterman couldn't make it happy to fill his slot. And Pennsylvania is going to be close to.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Governor Tad you hob of Arizona.
Speaker 4: We're going to take you pretty quick and we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Governor what about to the barely show? You know, if I may say, and then I speak to the answer.
Speaker 4: There may be nothing more gratifying to a host of a program than in the commercial break hearing maybe the first three notes of Ozzy Osbourne and having the entire audience in unison, no preparation, no training, go really and isn't that what makes us all Americans? We do have one other quick result to just announce in the race to be my best friend between Senator Fetterman and Governor Katie Hobbes. Governor Katie Hobbes wins by.
Speaker 1: A Jillian.
Speaker 4: And we're glasses buddies, me and the Governor. Obviously, we're going to be doing election results and analysis all night long because we're a real show. So let's see what's in store for us at the Daily Show Election Center.
Speaker 1: And Michael Costa, Michael Conta, thank you, John. I'd to see you. John.
Speaker 11: I've got my jacket off and my sleeves rolled up, which tells you I'm doing real work today.
Speaker 1: I'm not half assident like usual, and we've.
Speaker 11: Got all sorts of high tech tools to visualize tonight's results in real time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They put a lot of f and work into that election center, kind of the neural center of our coverage. You got something like the New York Times needle that tells us who's winning.
Speaker 11: John, all right, there are so many things more to keep track of that are better than who's winning, like voter fraud, which we track through our patented juliometer. All right, Now, if a few dead people start voting, we see the drip. I say, busloads of non citizens voting in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's really coming down.
Speaker 11: I say, oh, no, Chinese bamboo ballots all through the brew wall. Now, John, if this drips down into his penis, we're in trouble.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I don't need to think about that.
Speaker 4: Michael, Well, how are we at least tracking the results for Vice President Harris?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, for that, we have the commelometer. What does that do well? Nothing, It's just fun.
Speaker 11: To say, comlometer, comlometer. Yes, if she's doing well, we could add some more laws, like oh, big result of Wisconsin according to the kamalalala lolometer.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 11: John, let's say it together on three ready, one two three comlometer.
Speaker 1: You didn't say it. That's okay, more for me. All right, let's just get to the map.
Speaker 11: Yeah, wee Okay, the map, the crown jewel in the vote center.
Speaker 4: All right, so what that's what's happening on the map, John, I'm so glad you asked.
Speaker 11: This is great tech job, brand new for this election cycle. The way it works is I can select let's say, Arkansas and Montana, and then I press this button here and look, I can make him kiss.
Speaker 1: That's Michael. That's so stupid. Why because it's gay?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 11: John, John, you're embarrassing yourself.
Speaker 4: Jack, You're Michael costs to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it doesn't even make any sense. That doesn't. I have to tell you. It really did look like they were kissing. Obviously.
Speaker 4: Look, it's been a long road to the election. To get a better sense of our national mood, we turned to DESI Light it with analysis, with analysis of all the results that we've seen so far tonight, Thanks John. Wow, we don't okay, but we don't have all the results in so well.
Speaker 6: So far, we have the S and the C and the K and the old y'all. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and project a U and focal.
Speaker 1: There's still information to come in. Oo, it's too close to come Comala's up in Iowa.
Speaker 10: I don't want to hear another Polster or James Carvel from some subterranean basement as Lsu Tiger's hat going.
Speaker 6: I don't see how she can lose. Now, let me just finish my gun bow and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna check back in on your daisy.
Speaker 10: Well, you better make it quick because I'm going to get started on my project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: To Kevin body Hold, I go through this, don't go away?
Speaker 3: What wait if you kind of And welcome back to Election Night twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: It's the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: Results are rolling and slowly because it's very hard for me to see CNN in the corner of the thing.
Speaker 1: But we do have a Maryland Senate race result to report.
Speaker 4: Angela also Brooks, the Democrat, has defeated Larry Hogan. I did not like seeing that. That is gonna stick with me as it goes. But we are obviously digging to the results to find some that you like, because you were nice enough to come here, and I'm just gonna come here, are just shit all over you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 12: So Maryland said it, looking on look at looking on the little glass half fool.
Speaker 1: Down there now.
Speaker 4: As many of you seen, one of the great things about this election season has been the assemblage of all these voter panels.
Speaker 1: We've done one more tonight.
Speaker 4: We're gonna check in now, Ronnie Chang has assembled a voter who's with them?
Speaker 1: Now, Ronnie, what have you got for us tonight? Yes?
Speaker 7: John, During this election, nobody has gotten more attention than the people right next to me. I'm talking about undecided swing state voters. They could be the key factor in who wins this race for president.
Speaker 4: Well, Ronnie, there's no question. I mean, we have followed these undecided voters the entire campaign.
Speaker 1: So who did they ultimately choose? No One?
Speaker 7: Yet they're still undecided, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: The polls have closed. They're they they can't vote him to tell me.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen, John, these people have nowhere else to go. Okay, Yeah, the undecided voters that are too stupid to live independently.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys are great, by the way. You are so important to the process.
Speaker 7: What matters to you most, the economy, the border, abortion, It's so important for us.
Speaker 1: To get out of the bubble and talk.
Speaker 7: To hard working, real American people, John, These people are gonna die on the street.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: They have no jobs, no family, no homes.
Speaker 1: But they have no homes. Oh no, they've been.
Speaker 7: Living in focused groups studios for eight months.
Speaker 1: They're broken.
Speaker 7: Look I'll show you hey there, what do you think of the economy?
Speaker 1: I'm cold? Okay?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: And and you can I have a fruit snack?
Speaker 1: Great insight, guys, John.
Speaker 4: We have to keep them here.
Speaker 7: They'll be eaten by wild animals.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll check back in with you later. Ronnie, Ronnie Chang. Everybody that's a side. What is going to happen to all.
Speaker 4: Those undecided tiers when we come back, Michigan's Lieutenant Governor Garland Gilchris the second we'll be joining us.
Speaker 1: Still go west, We'll do that. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to the Daily Chick Live Election Special Night.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna hold on. I'm getting resild else. Uh, it's down to it appears to be down to the blue walled states.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 4: They haven't been called yet. But we do have some good news that we've found here.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: District of Columbia is being called for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Ladies in Canada, pop as a voter.
Speaker 4: And to be clear, that was through voting, not insurrection. That was voting, and obviously uh.
Speaker 1: Doesn't count. But still.
Speaker 4: Fuck uh you know what, let me get We're gonna check back in with Michael Costs in the election center.
Speaker 1: Michael, uh, talk to me now, please. I want to ask you, Michael.
Speaker 4: Obviously we're in a bit of a holding pattern right now. How are things looking for you in the data center.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm looking great, John, And as you can see, my sleeves are now almost one hundred percent rolled up. Now that's a change of nineteen inches on the sleavometer just since earlier in the program. It really shows you how hard I'm working tonight, working at what my frenetic energy, John, it's off the charts.
Speaker 1: I'm incredibly likable.
Speaker 11: Oh wait, wait, looks like we might be getting in some absentee by sets.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael Kosta, everybody, We're gonna We're gonna move on.
Speaker 4: We have another guest I want to bring in, the Lieutenant Governor of Michigan, Garland Gilchris.
Speaker 1: The second I was joining us from Detroit. Sure, delighted to see you tonight. How are you, my friend? I'm excited.
Speaker 14: Look We've built such an amazing effort here in the state of Michigan, contacted three million voters just in the last weekend, and so we're gonna win.
Speaker 1: You're so you're feeling very positive.
Speaker 14: Look, I'm confident in the work that we've built, you know. I mean, Look, the volunteer effort at Michigan is the biggest one we've ever seen. And you know, this is about putting together the pieces of the puzzle for victory. And look, I'm an engineer, John, I'm a problem solver and know how to put things together and make systems work for people. And we've built the kind of apparatus we need to win in Michigan, like the one that Carrett Me and Governor Gretcha Whitman a reelection in twenty twenty two that had the biggest volunteer effort that delivered reproductive freedom for every Michigan or in our state constitution. And that's the same kind of effort that it's been now the foundation for we've built here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well, I got to tell you something, sir, On a night where I'm looking for some positivity and some good news, you have brought it.
Speaker 1: My friend you have, you have brought it to me. You've give him my heart lip. It made me feel good. Uh, I want to ask you, how is this even close? In Michigan?
Speaker 4: Donald Trump went to Detroit and said this place is a whole. Donald Trump called for a ban on all Muslims traveling to America and then goes to Dearborn and he's getting big votes in the the Arab American.
Speaker 1: Community, all these different things he's he's he's.
Speaker 4: Partnered with Elon Musk, who might be one of the bigger threats to Detroit's automaking industry. How is this so close?
Speaker 14: Well, let's take a deep breath. You know, this stuff is wherever Neils is still coming in and just take a sip of water, and we're gonna We're gonna be okay. But look, I'm a Detroiter, like I was offended by by what Donald Trump said about me as a Detroit voter my wife when they tried to call for a riot to stop the vote counting in twenty twenty. He was talking about my wife's vote, my neighbors vote, my vote. So I took that very personally, and so did people across the city of Detroit. So that is why the organizing effort has been so inspiring to see people stepping up to see, you know, black men, you know, don't believe the hype that you've seen from people running and trying to find black men who were head tant. I've been talking to black men all across the state Michigan, in Detroit and Flint and Sagging on Grand Rapids, all across our state. And what I'm hearing from them is they're ready to be part of the future. And they don't want a president who insults them. They don't want a president who can't see their potential success. They don't want a pessimistic patriot. They want an optimistic patriot.
Speaker 1: And that's what we have.
Speaker 14: And Kamala Harris and Tim Wallas and Alyssa Slock going to be our next United States Senator. So that's the team that we've build in Michigan and I'm proud to be part of it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: So is there anyway And I say this to you sure with all great respect, can you go to build a bear.
Speaker 1: And record your voice.
Speaker 4: And then put your in the little heart and then put it in the bear and then mail it to me because I would like before I go to bed every night, I just want to press that little paw in here.
Speaker 1: They're ready to be part of the future.
Speaker 4: They don't want people that exelt them. It's very inspiring, sir. Are you seeing off the charts participation in Michigan today and this evening?
Speaker 14: Well, I saw off the charts participation before then. More than three million people voted early in person or voting on an assentee ballot in Michigan. And I think people who voted before election day were super excited to vote. And the enthusiasm has been on our side since Kamala Harris ascended to how Far ticket.
Speaker 1: So again, I'm proud.
Speaker 14: Of the work that we've done and the movement that we've built.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 14: It's been my experience that when we built these kind of coalitions, and look, I know something about building coalitions. Also, I John, I would never be here talking to you. So we know how to win in the state of Michigan, and that's what's going to get it done. And I do believe that as Michigan goes, so we'll go the country. Just like the way that you know, we built industries in Michigan that have changed the country and changed the world. We can build electoral winning coalitions that change the country and change the world too. So as long as you get a Michigan tattoo on that building beer that we could talk about it.
Speaker 1: Do I have to get a Michigan tattoo?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 4: What the is that what the deal is going to come down to? Sarah very much, I'm Michigan tattoo now? Is this in terms of being in Michigan right?
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 4: It's one of those Bell Weather states in the photograph because the population there is incredibly It's really one of the more diverse in the state. Are you seeing your message permeating throughout the state? Or is this really another example of for the rural areas are the rural areas and those are red. But if we can get enough turnout in the urban areas, we've got a chance to counteract that.
Speaker 1: Or are you seeing that permeate throughout the whole state?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 14: I think about it like this, like the reason that I've had the opportunity to serve is because I come from a community of people who believed in me. And whether you live in a big city or a suburb, or you live in a rural community, you know, people wrapping their arms around you and telling you that you have the chance to be amazing and to really do amazing things in the future. That's what's oftenly builds success. And our message as Democrats is about believing in Michigan ors. I mean, look, Donald Trump has come to Michigan and said that we can't win the electric vehicle race. He said that we can't and Pete on clean energy, he says that China is gonna beat America. Like it is so pessimistic and so just about losing because he's a loser.
Speaker 1: But instead, we need.
Speaker 14: To believe in people who believe in our ability to win, to win the future, to win in manufacturing, to win in technology, and as a tech entrepreneur like I want to see more of that coming from the state of Michigan. And frankly, that's what Kamala Harris has been about.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm.
Speaker 14: Excited again, and I think the message about optimism, about being hopeful about the future, about saying that yeah, we can do big things, we can invent the things that are going to change the world and win the future, and that Michigan has that in our past so to come here and insult us and to say that we're not capable of it, it's offensive. And so I can't wait to send Donald Trump home for good.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you.
Speaker 4: You have been an absolute bright light and breadth of fresh air on this evening and I truly appreciate you spending the time where the And again this isn't gonna mean anything to you. You have jumped to the best friend rankings for me. Now, it was, and I'm gonna explain this very quickly, and you don't have to understand it. Senator Fetterman and Governor Katie Hobbs were vying for best friend. Katie Hobbs wanted to wash outan it was.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even on the ballet. Guess who's manu? Guess who's maneu? Lieutell me.
Speaker 3: Governor Garland gil Christ the second got speed, sir, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Let me right back after this.
Speaker 3: He is a gentleman.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: It's our live election special. I've got another batch of results for you. A batch is really a strong word. I have one result for you, and please understand this if you're watching at home, and I'm only giving results of places I can drive to that are so we do have the results for New York.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris has won New York over Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Decisive has won twenty eight electoral Oh dear God, I'm sorry. I've just heard and I didn't even know this was possible. The New York giants have fumbled it and now the delegates are back in the hands of Donald Trump. I don't know how that happened, but that's what That's what they told me in the old, in the old, in the old ear hole, which you can't really see. It's a new technology, you know what. Let's check back in with Ronnie Chang. He's with the undecided voters. I just want to see how.
Speaker 1: Ronnie, what the hell?
Speaker 4: How's it going?
Speaker 7: No, Grey John, one of the undecided voters snuck a phone in here and found out that the election is over. They all became very distressed and I had to sedate them.
Speaker 4: Ronnie, this is starting to sound less like a panel and more like a kidnapping.
Speaker 7: Oh really, would a kidnapper order pizza for everyone?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: What kind of toppings do you want?
Speaker 1: Mushroom Pepperoni? I can't decave, Ronnie.
Speaker 4: You need to get out of there before the police get there. Ronnie Chang, everybody get him out of there. Well, a lot of the results have been in, but obviously out west, as we saw with Governor Katie Hodge.
Speaker 1: We don't know yet.
Speaker 4: We do want to check in with Arizona around now. I believe the polls might be closing there soon. Our own Josh Johnson is live in Maricopa, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Josh, are you okay?
Speaker 4: More than okay?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 15: The day is almost over. The poles are closing soon, and I'm proud to say we made it. American democracy remains a shining beacon for the world, a light of progress in the darkness to which all great nations aspire.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful, beautiful, Josh side note, if I may, why are you in armor?
Speaker 15: Well, the voting is done, but the vote counting is starting, so I'm here in case the angry mob that has gathered outside the gate's attempts to breach the moat and scale the walls of the elect Center. You know, normal democracy stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not normal democracy stuff, Josh Jackson bounces.
Speaker 15: John Okay. One group counts the votes. The other group tries to burn that building.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 1: It's really not a good way to run an election.
Speaker 15: That's don't want to cut you off, John, but it looks like it's about to get real democratic of him this bitch.
Speaker 4: Okay, fairly well, John of Jersey. Tell them, Oh, I hope he makes sense. Good luck out there, Josh. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back after this. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the Daily Show. We don't it hasn't been completely called yet. We don't exactly know what all the results are going to be. Our time is running out. I do want to very quickly.
Speaker 1: Send a quick message to all the pollsters, the election polsters. Blow me. I don't ever want to from you again. Ever.
Speaker 4: I don't ever want to hear we've corrected to the over correction.
Speaker 1: You don't know shit about shit, and I don't care for you.
Speaker 4: We'll figure it out next thing you pleasure might We were in the margin of blow me.
Speaker 1: Okay, look ah, look here here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Here's what we know is that we don't really know anything, and that we're going to come out of this election and we're going to make all kinds of pronouncements about what this country is and what this world is. And the truth is, we're not really going to know shit, and we're going to make it seem like this is the finality of our civilization. In this and thing, we're all gonna have to wake up tomorrow morning and work like hell to move the world to the place that we prefer it to be. And I just want to point out, just as a matter of perspective, that the lessons that our pundits take away from these results, that they will pronounce with certainty, will be wrong. And we have to remember that if you're in two thousand and eight when Barack Obama.
Speaker 13: Won, there's no question that this is the beginning, the first first election of the future, really, and I think we are moving towards a post racial America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that lasted a day, and then, of course, in twenty twelve, Obama won again. And the lesson was the GOP needs to send a powerful signal to Hispanic voters that the party respects them. That that was the lesson they learned after that victory, and there were certain of it, and send a powerful signal to the Hispanic community.
Speaker 1: The GOP did.
Speaker 13: When Mexico sends his people they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, their rapists.
Speaker 4: Which apparently was the winning message, and that taught Democrats in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: What maybe what the Democrats will be looking for is somebody with some inside experience, but who's a generation younger.
Speaker 1: It's obviously going to be younger. It's going to be from a new generation.
Speaker 6: Need I say it great honor and humility.
Speaker 1: I accept this nomination.
Speaker 4: And that turned out to be a winning message again, which let you an insurrection. And the lesson from that was when Donald Trump leaves office on Wednesday morning, he will leave Washington a pariah.
Speaker 11: Donald Trump will never be allowed to set foot in the Capitol again, never.
Speaker 1: Ever. My point is this, but this isn't the end. I promise you, this is not the end.
Speaker 4: And we have to regroup and we have to continue to fight and continue to work day in and day out to create the better society for our children, for this world, for this country that.
Speaker 1: We know is possible. It's possible.
Speaker 4: That's our show for tonight. Tune in tomorrow, DESI lad it will be your host here, it is your moment is in.
Speaker 1: I I just want this nightmare to be over.
Speaker 5: I do have children, and I have a cat, and I will be watching with my Xanax and my bottle of savignan Blanc.
Speaker 1: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by.
Speaker 2: Searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 1: Paramount Podcasts