Speaker 1: Pretty good transmitting.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Friday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 3: Today, the Olympics start.
Speaker 1: You know that what's annoying about it is that it's in Europe, Paris. Yeah, so the time zone is are way different, Like crap's going to be happening at times, we can't really watch and then if we care, which I don't really care as much. I used to care a lot, but now that it's like a TV show, right, there are one hundred shows, so you don't care about any of the.
Speaker 3: Shows as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll watch the highlights, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people are paying five thousand bucks to go to the games and then like their hotels. That's the average to go fly over there and go to a couple events. Foul so, but it starts today. The Olympics starts today. USA all the way top sport to watch. What is yours? You're only gonna get to watch one?
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess I'll choose gymnastics.
Speaker 1: It's good and we're usually pretty good, and we have like real rival and gymnastics, like it feels like Russia in Germany. I don't even know if that's real or I'm thinking of World War two. Either way, I feel like they're real.
Speaker 4: Rivals and you get a variety of events.
Speaker 5: Romania is another good one at the Olympics that I guess I feel like that's Russia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I don't know, and it's not. It's a very uneducated thing to say, but I feel like all the Anias are like in that area and they're all kind of the same. Gymnastis is good, Lunchboks, track, very very love track, fastest man alive, what is two hundred meters, one hundred meters whatever that is?
Speaker 3: That's a famous event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like all those events.
Speaker 5: I mean the steeple chase when they jump over the water, and the little that's the weirdest thing, the power walking, so intense.
Speaker 1: Gymnastics is the number one most liked event by Americans and tracks at number two. So you guys are right on with the pulse. What's yours basketball? Because this is supposed to be an Olympics where there are so many other NBA players playing against us, where we're not as much of a favorite. Now, we haven't always won goal there. Sometimes we did not win gold. And there was a whole year of the redeem team and they have to go back. I think basketball is interesting, but I just don't think I'm going to watch a lot of it because the time zone shift. So the one hundred meter is the world's fastest man, that's what Usain Bolt?
Speaker 3: Is he running? He retired?
Speaker 1: He's retired.
Speaker 4: No, it's the guy speaking of Paris.
Speaker 3: Is that already seven?
Speaker 1: By the way, it's all he's younger than you have a track and field wise, he is old.
Speaker 4: The guy that won?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: Is that show on Netflix? Sprinter?
Speaker 1: I never watched it, Okay, it's on right now.
Speaker 4: I'll wait for I'm.
Speaker 3: Never I'm never going to watch it, but don't spoil anything.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: He won the Olympics. It's news from years ago, and I already kind of told you all about it. But I think, yeah, he kind of he won one hundred meter. But I feel bad for him because in this they kind of make it seem like as a fluke, like you know, like you want to win that, and people be like, wow, that's crazy he won, and people.
Speaker 3: Are like what the people feel like he was on some sort of drug.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: One of the commentators, who's a former runner that broke some record?
Speaker 1: Well, fluke away, then, who cares me up? I got a few flukes in my life, doesn't mean I didn't do it. Uh. Swimming, which on the women's side, Katie Lee Deck is gonna be awesome. We don't really have a Phelps, but we never had a Felts before Phelps water polo. They have flag football this year for the first time they do, and women's and men's and so we looked it up and like the quarterback if they're not x NFL players who were just barely retired, which is what I thought they would be. Like, I don't know any of the players names. He played like D three at some uh school that was named after Catholics, so in D three is no scholarship. But these guys are like great flag football players. And some of the women's flag football comes still in my my TikTok, but very and break dancing, those are all sports.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm excited to check that out.
Speaker 1: Soccer will be interesting. Our women's team usually shows up. Yeah, not our men's team.
Speaker 3: Men's team didn't make it, did they did?
Speaker 1: They lost three in France. They already have Olympic soccer going. Yeah, so the Olympics have already started before today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's so weird because I guess the official start is today, but to fit the soccer in and time. Yeah, they started it before, and rugby is started because they have so many games they have to play.
Speaker 1: It's it's weird. The opening ceremony of the twenty twenty four Olympics in Paris is today. Events are scheduled to begin at eight twenty four pm local time, which is in Paris, which is one o'clock here. That's not bad. No, it's gonna be morning in early daytime, which is we're not gonna be able to watch because the time shift, and they'll show them again a primetime I'm gonna watch them during the day. I got no we can we can't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good luck go USA. But the Olympics are starting today.
Speaker 1: I got a question, who are sand bolli about chicks this year? Don't know. I used to watch them.
Speaker 3: They were good Kate was that one of their names?
Speaker 1: What was it? Was? Trainer?
Speaker 3: And uh A, mall at.
Speaker 1: Missy, missy, we're in the wrong space here.
Speaker 2: Well that that they were a good team. I can picture them in my head right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One had brown hair and one had blonde. Yeah, I could pick that. It's tall was a blonde one yea and the shorter one had the brown hair. Yeah yeah yeah, Carrie Walsh Jennings and Misty May trainer. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, go America, go USA. Olympics are started today. That's what's up?
Speaker 2: Friend?
Speaker 1: The game mail and read all the air to.
Speaker 4: Get something we call Bobby's mail bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. I feel like my boyfriend and I have a great relationship in many ways, but I've noticed recently that he's become increasingly secretive about his phone. He always has it on him, he never lets me see who's texting. I trust him to a point, but the behavior is making me paranoid. Should I bring this up with him? Or do you think I'm overreacting? How far should my trust go? Sign suspicious girlfriend? So this isn't good or it's really good, And there are only two options that I can give you two examples, but mostly it's not good. But there is a reason he's acting different with his phone. He's acting different for a reason. Once I tried to plan a surprise for my wife because we were leaving to go to Oklahoma during Christmas and we were gone for like seven or eight days, and she really wanted like an outdoor fireplace type thing. So I'd hired a company to come while we were gone and rapidly build this thing. And I knew that any text or email I get or she could see it if I had my phone, And so I was always like keeping my phone tilt constantly because I did not want to blow the surprise because everything comes to my phone a text, a email, everything comes on my phone a DM and if she happens to see it, surprise completely gone. And I knew a little bit I was acting weird with my phone. I already keep my ringer off all the time. I already keep my screen down every day all the time. And I think at first it was weird for her. Now she realizes I don't want to be distracted by my screen with it being up, especially when I'm doing show or I'm doing a podcast, So my screen always stays down. I'm not trying to hide anything. That's always been my behavior. But my behavior got a little weird whenever I was trying to hide from her that I'm trying to build this fireplight. And I was talking and we're doing quotes and I'm talking to people whatever, and I go perfect, perfect for the surprise, and like the day before we leave, email comes in boom, fireplace, She's right beside me, sees it all.
Speaker 3: I'll bloom. I was so disappointed.
Speaker 1: Not her fault, but I was so disappointed that it came through and she saw it, and I was like, I've been working so much. She goes, I've notic't even be kind of way with your phone. So that's one that's probably not it. But I'm just gonna leave that there. So there is a bit of just a little bit of doubt that he may not be cheating on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it could be a surprise.
Speaker 1: It could be a surprise, but ninety three percent something's up with another chick.
Speaker 4: Can be talking to a jeweler.
Speaker 3: That could be it.
Speaker 1: But three an it's something not good because this is not a good thing. Whenever what you publicly with her do and what you normally share, when you stop sharing, that is generally not good. So I don't think you're overreacting by noticing, by feeling. You can go right to it and say why the thing is if he's really trying to plan a surprise for you, if you think you could be getting proposed to it anytime, I'd hold a beat. I'd hold a beat if you don't think you can propose to I think he probably is up.
Speaker 3: To know good. I don't know him, but you didn't just know what. Dudes in general, you can always have him followed. You could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think suspicion is okay. Now, the suspicion for what is the question? Generally with dudes. If they're hiding something, there's a reason they're hiding it, and they're hiding something they don't want you to find out, and it's a it's not good, it's negative. So I put ninety three percent that it ain't good. He can even be planning like a dude's trip, and he's nervous to ask you about it, right, who knows?
Speaker 4: But all of those things still fall in that seven percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, college, it's probably not good. I don't think you're overreacting by feeling this way. I would not bring it up to him now, but really start to pay attention to what he's doing with his phone.
Speaker 4: How many beats does she wait? You said a way to.
Speaker 1: Beat, so her gut is already telling, And I would trust your gut most of the time.
Speaker 3: You guys, intuition is much stronger than ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like food, bikinis, sports.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say too, if you're gonna end up talking to him, maybe don't wait for it actually happening and doing in that moment, because then your emotions are heightened and you're coming from a place of your emotions driving the conversation. If you can do it at a time where it hasn't happened that day or whatever, but you're setting aside of time to talk in that way, it's a more calm conversation.
Speaker 1: We're going I feel like this has happened to you. I don't know your exit, but I feel like with your past, this has happened to you. Has it ever been positive?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: Every time it was bad, and it always involved phones, and there was always.
Speaker 4: That's where it started.
Speaker 7: The sketchiness started with the phones and then it escalated another way. So if it is going to escalate, it will probably happen quickly and you're probably gonna pick up on that. And you're not wrong, Like your gut is always right.
Speaker 4: If you feel.
Speaker 7: Something is off and in a bad way, it probably is.
Speaker 4: Like there's when there's smoked their spire.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna have to be a conversation soon. Unless you're at that stage where he may be proposing, then just understand. It could have been a fireplace situation like mine and I still didn't pull it off. I did all that look shady as crap, and I still didn't pull it off.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you, though, like when that was happening, did Caitlyn ever feel like you're being sketchy?
Speaker 3: Two things I did.
Speaker 1: I put a phone privacy screen on my phone where you couldn't see anything from the side, and then yeah, I would like text, but I would turn my off. I would just slightly doubt because I didn't want to email.
Speaker 4: I notice you'd been acting a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, and I was like, you're crazy. She wasn't.
Speaker 1: She got it, but I was trying to pull off the surprise.
Speaker 3: You're probably onto something.
Speaker 1: Pay closer attention if you The one thing you don't want to do is get into his phone and get caught. Yeah, I've done that before.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. You do it, just don't get caught.
Speaker 1: Well, if you get caught, they turn it on you and be like, once you stay out of my crap.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't trust you.
Speaker 1: If you can do it and not get caught, then that actually gives you a leg to stand on. So even if they fight back, you know you're right.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 7: If you can find a way to do it, Yes, But then they're already breaking trust and there's boundaries there. If, if possible, ask him about this if you feel comfortable, because his response will tell you everything.
Speaker 1: And if he freaks out, you know he's up to no good. Although to freak out. Okay, Glad it's not us. We say this a lot. Now, Glad it's not us. Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes. All right, close it up. We got your game mail and we read on the air.
Speaker 5: Now let's find the clothes Bobby mailed bag.
Speaker 1: You say, if you want to know if the person that you're with is intelligent, keep track of how often they look things up on their phone. Now it doesn't sound like it's just look at their phone. It sounds like look things up. I'm saying that as protection from me, because I love my phone and I do look stuff up. I think now I don't know how to get places because there's my GPS all the time. So maybe now, people that never had to not learn things, never learn anything because they just look stuff up all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but I feel like if you're curious and you're looking things up all the time, that could equal intelligence.
Speaker 1: It's very If it's very frequently computers and human behavior, the journal says they are not very smart. Researchers found that smarter people who scored better on standardized tests tend to use the search function on their smartphones far less often. So challenge yourself and try to test your memory instead of always looking everything up and weakening your ability to remember things.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could see exercising that muscle.
Speaker 3: Do you ever not remember something and go I refuse leg on my phone until I.
Speaker 1: Figure it out? Oh?
Speaker 4: I mean I did that.
Speaker 2: Having met a name the other day. I wasn't gonna I've just gonna ask for help anybody in my house, because I could have just said, you know, who's U D D and gotten it. But I couldn't believe that I could not come up with this person's name and it should not have been difficult for me.
Speaker 4: So that really freaked me out.
Speaker 3: How did it come to you eventually?
Speaker 4: I mean it probably took me several minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I had to do association by other people, and I started recalling other people and then their names, and then eventually I got there.
Speaker 4: But it worried me like that. I just was like, this.
Speaker 2: Is not not okay. So I guess I could play that fun game with other information that might be somewhere in my head. Just don't look it up and just see how long it takes me to get there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't think of a lead singer of a band's name the other day, a band that I love, and I should have known that I could see a picture of them, and I would not go to my phone for three hours, three four hours, I would not come to me, and then finally was like, I give up. And then later on I was like, oh, it's John fogerty cec H created a water Revival, like I love. I've seen him a concert and I just could I could picture him, but couldn't think of the name. But yeah, I was like challenging my phone, like I will not go to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 2: I mean I can see where that if we exercise that, I think you're gonna say. They don't look it up on their phone, but they go and look it up in the dictionary or an encyclopedia.
Speaker 1: I don't have those books anymore. I used to have all the encyclopedia. I'd buy them as a kid, one at a time. But yeah, I know the kids even have that. They have their phones. That's everything. Every company went out of business.
Speaker 3: Encyclopedia Britannica, right, unless there's a website.
Speaker 1: Now have to be let's check Google.
Speaker 3: Doctor be good, thank you.
Speaker 1: Doctors remove a two pounds hairy mass two pounds from a woman's stomach, harry.
Speaker 2: Two pounds like so sorry, she ate two pounds worth of hair, or it's a mass that was growing hair.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Doctor Pedro Levado, one of the two surgeons who led the operation, revealed that the mass had a height of nearly sixteen inches and weighed two pounds. The hairy mass grew over the last two years after the woman began eating her own hair. Oh okay, so the massive hair build up reached the first part the small intestine. It caused the woman to lose a lot of weight because she was unable to eat food because it was blocking and because the hair wouldn't digest. It would have probably just sat there. Oh I don't like that picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to. I'm not gonna look it up. I'm intelligent.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: And I also realized I don't like.
Speaker 2: The word hairy mass or those two words together.
Speaker 3: I don't mind Harry and I don't mind mask. But I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I don't want hairy mask together.
Speaker 3: I don't think Harry Mass works. That's from the Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: It's time for the good news, Bobby.
Speaker 1: So Elizabeth is the mom. She got sick, fell really ill over the weekend. She had a heart issue, like a blood heart issue, and boom, she passes out. She had a six year old kid that's in the house with her, and so the kids like what is happening. He knew something wasn't right, but he didn't know exactly what to do. But he did see that the Amazon driver was hopping off the package. So he opens the door and it's like, hey, some I's wrong with my mom. And they have all this on doorbell camera because it was right there by the front door. And so the Amazon driver comes in and like attends to her. They called nine one one. She was unconscious for like twenty minutes, but the Amazon driver followed all the directions that nine one one was saying. Medical help did arrive, she went to the hospital, came out fine or I don't know fine, it came out good and it's improving. But they have the whole thing on video basically because it was all right there on whatever brand a doorbell camera it is, they have it all.
Speaker 4: That's so awesome.
Speaker 3: Kid knew what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Amazon driver was like there at the right time, and it's like, yeah, I help. I could have been like, I can't got some packages drop off.
Speaker 2: Now I'm trying to think of what my thirteen year old would even do. Like if you would think, oh, Amazon driver, let me open the door and ask for help, I just.
Speaker 3: Be like, Mom, wake up, yeah maybe or call Nina. Want to not know what to do?
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I need to go over that again.
Speaker 2: I feel like when they were younger, we went over the whole nine one one thing.
Speaker 4: But is making me want to revisit that well.
Speaker 1: Big shout out to Aiden and Brian the Amazon driver and Elizabeth is fine.
Speaker 3: That's from Newsweek and that is what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good. I'll go first the New York Times decided to start running a crossword puzzle after Pearl Harbor was bombed, just to give people a distraction and a way to occupy themselves because all they were doing was worrying about more bombings. That's where the crossword puzzle in the paper came from. And to this day, Lunchbox still does stuff like the crossword puzzle. I do, but you're more of a USA today because New York Times.
Speaker 5: I mean, like the game, oh the word, yeah yeah, New York Times way too hard man wordle too. No, no, no, that's where you get The world is New York Times. But there crossword. Good luck maybe getting three words? Oh that hard? Oh that hard, and it gets harder as the week goes. On Friday, just light it on fire.
Speaker 3: That aymy.
Speaker 2: Mister Hewlett and mister Packard tossed a coin to determine whose name would come first in the name of the company.
Speaker 3: Thought it was one guy named Hewlett Packard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, but he obviously won the coin toss Hewlett.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I thought it was one guy, mister Hewlett Packard. Lunchbox. We'd love to talk politics on this show, so.
Speaker 3: Now we don't. We don't we don't.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: If you live in a red slash Republican state, you are twenty seven percent more likely to get.
Speaker 1: Divorced than if you live in a blue state. Do they say, why, no, you're just reading random facts that okay, go ahead. They just said that's the breakdown, is it?
Speaker 5: People live in red states are twenty seven percent more likely to get divorced.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is that all the fact? That's a fun fact. So if you live in a red state and you don't want to get divorced, better move.
Speaker 2: But you could live in the red state and be registered as a Democrat and still get a divorce.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if you live in the red state, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be right. Oh my god, what's he doing.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's the laws of the red state to cause more.
Speaker 3: That's a great point too. It doesn't matter what your political party.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying. I'm not saying if you're a different You're saying, it's where you live.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 1: My brain's breaking, Eddie. The most expensive cheese is donkey cheese. It's called puel and it can be bought for thirteen dollars a kilo, which is around two pounds. Anybody ever had donkey cheese and I don't know they made donkey ches?
Speaker 4: No, but I'm down for it.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Goat cheese is so good. Can you imagine his donkey cheese?
Speaker 3: Like it sounds gross?
Speaker 1: I feel like goats are like cleaner and more accepted than donkeys. Donkeys are cute, Yeah, I guess Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So dogs can get a sense of when you're supposed to be home from work based on how much of your scent is left in the house. So when you leave the house to go to work each day, the smell of you in the house decreases with each hour of your absence, and your dog can.
Speaker 4: Detect that difference.
Speaker 7: So they've probably learned through repetition that when the smell of you is weakened to a specific degree, that's when.
Speaker 4: You're gonna come home.
Speaker 1: That's pretty crazy. It's like a dog sun dial. Interesting, just the level of it. How did they know though? Then, never interviewed a dog. That's true, got the dog to tell us that that's true. We've had no here's another one. Abe Lincoln almost joined the Donner Party, which was a group of people that we're gonna go to California on the Oregon Trail, like considered it, talked about it, but he stayed in Illinois because he just had a kid and he was just going to start in politics. The Donner family got stuck in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and turned cannibalism and all.
Speaker 3: Ate each other. What on earth a good decision?
Speaker 1: We never had honest Ave Electric Light Orchestra has banned Elo. They have the record for the most Top forty hits without a number one. They had twenty songs make the Billboard Top forty, not a single number one. Their highest rank song was Don't Bring Me Down, which hit number four in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Don't bring Me Down.
Speaker 1: That's Beatles, that's don't turn that down. Yeah, I turn it down musicainst my manyd to get do it, don't bring Oh no, I can't sing it. Don't don't don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Do it again, Oh no no, don't bring me don't bring me down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I feel we got it. Oh they sing that one? Yeah, bring me down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't bring me down, down, down down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They never had a number one.
Speaker 1: Co Cola was offered the chance to buy Pepsi three times between nineteen twenty two and nineteen thirty three and turned it down every time. It's like Blockbuster, they had a chance to buy Netflix.
Speaker 3: They didn't do it.
Speaker 1: As long as people are kind of rewind, we're gonna stay forever. Right. Here's a voicemail from last night Morning show.
Speaker 8: I just had a question. I don't know if y'all believe in all this kind of stuff, but I just wanted to know y'all's zodiac sons. Sometimes y'all say stuff on the show and it kind of makes me think I would know them. But I just want to clarification on y'all zodiac son Thank y'all love the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's just asking if we believe in them, because I don't believe in it at all. I think there's no scientific backing or basis on horoscopes. But if you do, great, have fun. But I'm an ares. That's a ram, isn't.
Speaker 4: Oh the horns? Yes, yes, horn or something? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like anybody can insert themselves in the any zodiac scientes.
Speaker 2: That's your symbol? Yeah, yeah, I'm a piscis. I think my symbols a.
Speaker 3: Fish water sounds watery. Yeah, so you're not a big believer in.
Speaker 4: That water I'm slowy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree, lushbox, I'm a LEO, center of attention class clown bails it.
Speaker 1: But that could literally be anybody in this room. I know the aloady could be any of them.
Speaker 2: I am not so much into it, but I have friends that are, and when they talk about it, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: So it's like when someone's talking to a dead relative of yours and they're like, I know you have somebody with an eat in their name that's passed away, and you're like, well, not thinking they're only five vowels, and some names have more than one vowel in them, they're probably somebody.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit of that syndrome.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I have a friend. She won't date a Capricorn. She's not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: That's the dumbest thing.
Speaker 1: Hurt some real dumb things on their show, some real dumb assets and real dumb things. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Because there is no reason.
Speaker 2: In her experience she's not had great luck with Capricorns.
Speaker 1: She's probably walked into these relationships going I don't have good luck with capricorns, and then you know what happens.
Speaker 3: She doesn't have good luck with capricorns.
Speaker 4: No, I get it. I know it's like, dun't is it a unicorn?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: What a unicorn?
Speaker 3: Capricorn?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's December birthdays, I.
Speaker 1: Think, uh, yeah, I know that's our thing though. Aris Leo ices Pisces, not being a hater, but just a little bit. If you make life decisions based on this, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, people get real into it. There's like the houses that you can live in in the Depending on when you were talking about it, I'm just saying it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, coming up Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 3: What do you have over there?
Speaker 2: Well, I have the clever ways people are hiding purchases from their partners. Might give you some ideas. And then there's a new dating term. It's called Rebecca syndrome.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at pictures of a capricorn that looks like a bowl.
Speaker 3: What's what's in aries then?
Speaker 1: Because if Capricorn's got horns.
Speaker 4: A capricorn is a sea goat.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's why it's stupid. I would never date a seagoat either. I'd get your friend's point, I'd never date a sea goat.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and aries is like a ramp.
Speaker 1: A pile of stories.
Speaker 2: If you hide purchases from your partner, you're not alone because a new survey found that nearly two thirds of couples are hiding things they buy from each other, going so far as to hide new shoes they got in their kids toy boxes or that's funny, hiding clothes in gym bags, sneaking boxes when the other isn't around, or sending purchases to the office instead of the house funny. And then washing new clothes right away to make them seem older.
Speaker 3: That's really funny. Yeah, okay, that's not like cheating stuff. That's okay.
Speaker 2: We just want to excuse me because you have to do this with your memorabilia.
Speaker 1: No, I do with watermelon more than anything. I order any way, too much watermelon again. And so I have a small like mini fridge down in the studio at my house and I just stalk that up and she don't message her and tell her this, But I stock it up with watermelon when I order it, and then it comes from a place called fresh market. Then I put it in there and then I go get it, and always at.
Speaker 4: The grocery store fresh market.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's called fresh market.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, it's this thorn place.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. And then I get it in and then I leave one in the house at all times, so it looks like it's the same one. And I wonder if she's ever like he never reads all that watermelon. That's really the only thing I feel like I hide because I know she knows I have a watermelon addiction. So and I don't know IF's had anything from me, because if she does, she does a great job.
Speaker 3: But also I don't think we look for that. I think she would just call me out on the watermelon addiction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure she knows you have watermelon. Weird thing to hide down in your studio.
Speaker 3: All right, what else?
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a new dating term and it's called the Rebecca syndrome, and it's where you're obsessed with your partner's X, like either you're jealous or you feel like you can't live up to the person, whether they're alive or dead. And I guess a novel from back in the day, nineteen thirty eight, to be exact, was called Rebecca and it's about jealousy with an X.
Speaker 4: And so now there's Rebecca syndrome.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who's girlfriend now I used to it a very famous pro athlete. It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious because you can't live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would want to be a Rebecca. That'd be like a bin or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They just give him a guy name. Yeah, because we just like dude, do not. There's no way, there's no way. It's so funny. Yeah, that would suck to gould be cool because obviously they must be a demand. It must be awesome if like really cool people are dating them prior to you. Really cool people try really cool people. But yeah, if like that would be tough. Oh, it'd be tough. I'd be so insecure, like if you had like eight pack of abs and all of a sudden, here I am freaking gumby.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think their scenario is like that, where yeah, you're dealing with maybe someone with stardom or pro athlete status or whatnot. But I mean this is also just normal everydd people that might just have some weird thing.
Speaker 1: Somebody that's way hotter than they think they are. I think it's all relative.
Speaker 4: Or or Kinder did more or could cook better.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about Kinder, but like could do you know, but why are you callous?
Speaker 3: They're not with them, No I know, but.
Speaker 1: It would be like that's why he's a syndrome, or unless unless they broke up with your person, like they look your person and you're like, you go.
Speaker 3: Out the scraps.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that, and yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, good luck to everybody out there suffering Rebecca syndrome.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Julie Sabram is fifty four, and he said he hasn't aged in eighteen years. And he credits this to a habit he picked up eighteen years ago. He drinks the water left behind after seeming his vegetables every day and believes it's the secret to looking younger.
Speaker 4: He saw a woman doing it on YouTube all those years ago.
Speaker 2: She was like, looks like she was in her thirties, but she was in her seventies, and so he's like, I'm gonna do what she does.
Speaker 1: There's no way she was in her seventies and looked like thirties. This is a filter. She had a filter on tricking everybody, or.
Speaker 4: Said it was a YouTube way that then they didn't have filtered.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's something going on here.
Speaker 2: Well he's fifty four and his girlfriend's twenty seven. And he said, people don't even know they have an age gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, they think that's his daughter all all the time. You're full of nice.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I'd like to start to go fund me if everybody suffering Rebecca syndrome because I hate that for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll keep all the money, but I'll start to go fund me in that genre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that it?
Speaker 1: I that was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news? How much box?
Speaker 5: They always say, find a genie in the bottle and good things will happen. Well, there's a family in Colorado. They were participating in this game called Treasure Games. It's been going on since February. Someone hid something wrote a poem and said you gotta find this genie like and they okay, So they start looking looking All these months later, they found it behind a little shop in Colorado Springs and they win two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow are their clues? Yeah, it's just a poem.
Speaker 3: So the pumps tells them, gives them small clues.
Speaker 1: And wall's clues. You gotta what do you call it?
Speaker 3: Investigate?
Speaker 5: Investigate but break down the poem.
Speaker 1: It's a D word decipher that's it. What it means. Oh, it is an extremely long poem. It like, yeah, yeah, I mean it's like a scroll that drops to the ground if you hold it at your chest. Yeah. So there are a lot of clues in this thing. But they follow the clues and then found it behind this little shop. And who pays for that for two hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Does say?
Speaker 5: I guess it's a company that puts them on regionally across the country and the family found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dad and daughter. I'm watching them set at a table for like a press conference from Box twenty one news collegeway.
Speaker 3: Crazy is that where does the money go? Do they all split it?
Speaker 1: Because there are five of them?
Speaker 5: It's a great question, like who's spent the most time? Do you divide it equally?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Hey, the dad gets the most because he did the driving. Who actually found it?
Speaker 5: Final?
Speaker 1: That's it too, like who put their hand on it first? Yeah? Yeah, that's good. It said during the press conference. They were talking about the money and so like a couple thousand bucks is going to go to Habitat for Humanity. It was revealed that they were giving an extra ten thousand dollars to spread the wealth on top of the two hundred thousand Habitat for Humanity, Animal Friends Alliance and the Commodian Children's Fund are the three places they chose for the money to go. And they got two hundred thousand dollars to themselves. That's crazy. I would do that, like not search but put something out, but it'd be like fifty bucks and people would give up in like ten minutes.
Speaker 5: They did one in my neighborhood one time, and it was one hundred dollars and they did like six different locations that night, and once they found one hundred dollars at one spot, another thing would pop on your phone and people would spread to the others in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now as an adult, yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: It was like two years ago, and I was inches from one hundred dollars, You know, when I was inches from one hundred dollars, not in when.
Speaker 1: What do you mean inches? Did somebody get it right in front of you? Getting it?
Speaker 3: Or are you just close to it and you didn't find it? I didn't find it.
Speaker 5: I was it was right there, like I was just walking the dogs, me and my wife and we were like, what's going on? And people like, gotta download this app it's a treasure hunt. So we did and we happened to be right next to the park when the thing beeped and I was like the third one in the park and I'm digging in the bushes, digging, digging, digging. Someone came and there was like six feet to my left.
Speaker 1: It's funny your neighborhood would do that, ranks you and put in somebody's house or says it and everybody breaks into the house. That'd be kind very kind of weird. That's a good story that we like, that treasure Hut story.
Speaker 3: That's fine. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good. Wake up, wake up.
Speaker 4: In the marn.
Speaker 6: And it turn radio and the dogs ready and his lunchbox more getting too steve red and it's trying to put you through. Fuck, he's riding this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 2: So you know what this.
Speaker 3: The Bobby ball Eddie. You win this with the champion, get the tjar back.
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Amy's wearing it now?
Speaker 1: Eddie?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 1: Amy three Morgan two lunchbox zero. You're saying, I got a shot the category of shapes easy trivia, Amy? How many sides does the triangle have? Easy lunchbox? How many sides does the square have? For good?
Speaker 3: Eddie?
Speaker 1: What's the shape of the Dallas Cowboys logo? Star Morgan? What's the shape of the Target logo? If you get it right, you stay in. If you miss it, you hear this. You've been all the questions are easy?
Speaker 3: Amy? Ready?
Speaker 1: What color is the Starbucks logo? In the category of colors greens? Correct? Good lunchbox? What color are McDonald's arches the golden arches of McDonald's category the color is call it yellow? Then, I don't know how it looks at yellow or gold. Golden is not a color. You're saying, gotcha, Eddie? What color is the Netflix logo? That's red?
Speaker 3: Morgan? What color is the Reddit logo? What color is the Reddit logo? Shoot?
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 4: I mean I think it's red.
Speaker 3: So your answer, yeah, what do you think it is? Orange's orange? You've been boned. Sorry, Morgan, you've been boned and eliminated. Three left.
Speaker 1: The category's country characteristics? Okay, Amy? What country is known as the landown under Australia? Good lunchbox? What country is known for the taj mahal? Gosh, that's tough man. We'll go with Egypt.
Speaker 3: It's wrong, you've.
Speaker 5: Been answer is India, Eddie, go with your cut, you idiot.
Speaker 3: What country is famous for sushi? Eddie?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sushi, I believe bones. That is Japan? Correct? Two remain, guys, stop, come on. The category is number? Oh boy? Amy?
Speaker 1: How many continents are there seven on planet Earth? That's correct, Eddie. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh god, oh my god, you're joking.
Speaker 3: Element gets me every time, dude.
Speaker 1: More, that's unbelievable. I skip on the elemento but you that's unbelievable. Yes, I think you count. I don't know what happened there, so I think he said A B B C C C C.
Speaker 2: What did I?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't even I feel bad accepting this win.
Speaker 3: But yeah, let's scratch that one. Then scratch you.
Speaker 4: Got any you want to throw out me for fun?
Speaker 1: Because I think no I think Eddie just loses and Amy is now with four points and next week goes down to well, if either.
Speaker 3: Of you win, you're the champion. How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, dys calcula, my comeback and dyslexia all in one. It's a bad combo, man, Eddie, I can't believe that. I am and congratulations. And that is the humiliating game of easy trivia.
Speaker 3: Thank you everybody. This was mentioned earlier, but at what point? And this is from Morgan.
Speaker 1: This is her idea because Morgan thinks she needs a bit of an intervention because you're spending money on an app like in app purchases.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 7: Game that's on my phone called Traveltown and have spent one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: On in app like game purchases.
Speaker 3: What's Traveltown about?
Speaker 7: It's a matching game essentially. I just feel it like suites my brain when I need.
Speaker 1: A commercial travel Town. I promise it isn't. So what do you do in Travel Town? I'm interested.
Speaker 7: You basically match these things together and then you build the town. You have to get so many coins by matching certain things together, and then you build the town. Why would you buy in app purchases because it gives you more energy to make more matches.
Speaker 4: So your your little person in the game needs inner. Well, just my likes to.
Speaker 7: Build a house and then I get a little diamonds.
Speaker 1: And then you can buy other things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, okay, we need Morgan.
Speaker 1: Heme, no, she does need help. Like we go to commercial and she goes right on it.
Speaker 5: She goes into the glass room and she immediately gets on this game and I'm like, Morgan, get off your goes.
Speaker 1: I need a break. I'm like, that's not taking a break, that's passion as long as you're not spending more than. What I would say is instead of an intervention, a fake intervention, because I've been a part of real ones. This ain't a real one. A fit, this is a fake intervention. I would set a budget on what you can spend on in app purchases. If that makes you happy, if that's your entertainment, then set a budget and then if you go over that, then we'll have a real one. Okay, what do you think you spend a month on in app purchases for travel Town? I mean, have you only played it for a month?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I've been playing it for a few months now and that the one hundred is so far. But here's the problem is buying the energy is like two dollars here, three dollars there.
Speaker 1: So I don't feel like I'm Can you set a limit games pribably? Let you set limits to there?
Speaker 4: No way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now she's averaging thirty three dollars a month, fifty bucks a month on travel talent eight dollars a month on a a high level.
Speaker 3: But that's entertainment. If you do two movies with popcorn, that's what that is.
Speaker 4: You're enabling her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am, and I want you to have fun.
Speaker 7: Okay, So if I go over fifty, then you let us know and we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna like hit you or something. Just stop call her Amy, What do you need an intervention for in your life?
Speaker 4: Mind's the more of a phrase.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: And my daughter and my niece have brought this to my attention, because you know, my niece has been living with me all summer.
Speaker 4: She's the first one that brought it up.
Speaker 2: She's twenty one and you know, experiences a lot of life emotional, she's a boyfriend, different things and a lot of the times. The first thing out of my mouth when something isn't right with her, as I say, okay, well, let's what does this make possible?
Speaker 3: You know, have you been listening too many self help podcasts?
Speaker 2: No, that's just a good question that I got from a self help podcast or a book. No, my own podcast, a guest I had Donald Miller. It's been a great question for me to ask myself. And I think it's for myself if I want to ask it to myself right.
Speaker 4: Away, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it either, and she doesn't either as well. But her point was, and then my daughter chimed in on it was that, Mom, you ask it too quickly, like you don't give us a chance to be with our emotions and really feel and sometimes we just want to share something and you're instantly trying to be like, well, what does this make possible?
Speaker 4: And they told me it's really annoying.
Speaker 1: I would say, it's more like seeing signs of random places. That's what you need the intervention on. Really, I had that written down for you. Yeah, because you'll find a sign anywhere at any point for it.
Speaker 4: What does that make possible?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox look, man, I don't want you guys intervene, but it's probably the lottery.
Speaker 1: I mean I played a lot. I played a lot. I've ever asked you how much you spend on the lottery, even not to say don't spend as much, but out of curiosity I do tell her. She's like, you bout lottery tickets again. Well, if you don't buy them, can't win.
Speaker 3: Do you leave them laying around all over the house?
Speaker 1: All right? Do you do what I do with cards and hide them sometimes because you are like, wow, what you get this time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't want to forget them, like you know, they read these news stories. So I put them on the calendar, the kitchen table, the coffee table, I mean them out.
Speaker 3: See my is not judgmental, but I think she should be.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm embarrassed because instead I'll get like a lot because mine is going to be buying sports cards and memorabilia. Like I just got this in the mail. It's a John Calli party signed one on one. Well that's exotic.
Speaker 4: I know who's John.
Speaker 1: John Calipari's a Orchanestra razier by head coach, but he's in blue.
Speaker 3: This is from Kentucky.
Speaker 1: But so I got this, and if I left it out, I would be embarrassed because I would think my wife would need to go, hey man, there's a lot of stuff around here.
Speaker 3: She doesn't.
Speaker 1: But that's that's my I don't need an intervention, but possibly soon. But I do have a whole series coming out on just the stuff I collect.
Speaker 2: That's where it gets tricky. You turn it into work so that it doesn't look like an obsession.
Speaker 3: Why you do it, yes, sir, Nope. I do it because I love it.
Speaker 1: And if I love something, I'm gonna work harder at it, especially to make it good. And usually success comes from that. That's why if you do something you love, you usually end up being really good at it, being successful.
Speaker 3: You're good, You're real good. What does that make possible? What does that make possible?
Speaker 1: It's a sign of Eddie. Yeah, I would say sports gambling, but it's not that big. It's not the money. It's just that, like all day I'm looking for sports to gamble on. Like last time I was watching women's soccer, I'm like, why am I gambling on?
Speaker 3: You bet on women's soccer?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know who's playing. I don't even know rush. I just need like, okay, I can win two dollars tonight. You just need to have something on the line. That's dangerous kind of a problem.
Speaker 4: But that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: I don't need to bet for the sake of betting. I mean, but I don't have No, I'm good.
Speaker 4: But do you need to buy a card for the sake of buying a card?
Speaker 1: Why do you say it with that voice there, Steven Sigall, No, that's to like I like to Okay, this is it.
Speaker 3: I found it. This is how I'm like Eddie.
Speaker 1: When you buy cards, it's basically just gambling in stocks, right, you're just buying a box of something, hoping there's something better in there what you paid for it.
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: But also I like the little men on him too easy? Okay, everybody good. Nobody actually needs an intervention. But those are our fake interventions. If it gets out of hand, we'll all step in. Deal more, get anything or fifty bucks?
Speaker 3: We taste you, Bobby Bone show Sorry up to day.
Speaker 1: This story comes us from Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 5: A forty one year old woman went to a jacket in a box, ordered some chicken strips, went home and was one short. Three days later, she was still angry. She went back to the jacket a box said I need to talk to the manager. Three days and said, I came in here the other day and I ordered chicken strips.
Speaker 1: I got home there was only three. There was supposed to be four.
Speaker 5: And the manager's like, I'm sorry, went and got her to the one chicken strip. Then the lady complained about and I didn't get enough ranch.
Speaker 1: You need to have more ranch, trying to think she got all the chicken strips immediately she's making all this up go ahead.
Speaker 5: So then she spit in the manager's face and left. So the manager went out to write down the license plate. The lady said, hey, you're trying to get me charges. You're trying to get my liven way get charges pressed on me.
Speaker 1: So she hit her with her car. What all the manager was once, that's a that's a switch up.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like the old nerdy dude with glasses.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: This escalated.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think there ever was a lack of a chicken strip, if you want my honest feedback. Because it quickly pivoted from strip to ranch and ranch to charge it. It was always just something. I think there's a beef between the two that had nothing to do with the food. Interesting, right, but I know nothing about it. All right, I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 3: Why are you looking at windows?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you looking for new windows your hat?
Speaker 4: I have to get new windows.
Speaker 3: And it's such an adult thing.
Speaker 2: It's an adult thing that I've never ever ever done in my life before. And I've been a homeowner multiple times, but I guess we're due for some new windows.
Speaker 1: There's like such an adult thing they have to spend money on that.
Speaker 2: You're like, it's an energy thing, like the way they are and how they're sealed and what kind they are. It's going to ultimately it needs to be done and then save all my bills and whatnot.
Speaker 1: You should Wind Donation is awesome. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I heard you were recording something earlier and I wrote it down. Yeah, no, I because I already have had a few.
Speaker 2: Estimates with other companies and I was like, oh, oh, there's a sale, okay, writing it down Wind Donation.
Speaker 1: And this was literally I was recording something because I we were meeting about these windows even before they came on as a show, and I was talking about if you it's two windows and get two free, think about that. Yeah, that's such an adult thing. I knew nothing about window until we had to start finding them. Like who knows about windows?
Speaker 3: Well, the wind Donation does. But I'm talking about general people.
Speaker 1: How do you get a degree?
Speaker 2: Well, I've learned a lot because when I've been getting these estimates, they come in and there's a whole presentation and.
Speaker 1: You'll just call wind Donation. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean not coll and Bobby sent you. Actually don't. They will have no idea but that.
Speaker 1: I always think it's funny when I have to say that in commercials, tell them Bobby sent you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anybody actually ever says that it would help me.
Speaker 4: If they did, yeah, obviously I would, I'll say, or.
Speaker 1: Or if they don't say, bones, there's like Bobby sent me and the guys that the kind of like what Bobby, Bobby? Yeah, it does help, but yeah, just call wind Downation.
Speaker 3: Do what I did there.
Speaker 1: It's a Windownation dot com.
Speaker 2: If you want to go there, and if you have to buy the two to get the two free, I get it because it's.
Speaker 3: Two windows, get two free.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, because you can't just buy one to get one free. You gotta buy two. I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a pack of black cats and get one free, but you gotta buy two.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, then fireworks got crazy. Buy six get six free. Like the whole thing is like, dude, we I just literally want to bag a bottle rocket Like I don't need to buy six packs of something, but you do need more than one window.
Speaker 4: I'm excited about my window. It's gonna change the vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the Windownation people who don't make you feel dumb. I didn't know anything about it, and there they were super cool. Wind Donation dot com. Tell them Bobby sent you. Although don't think there's a place.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna all find out and I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're done with the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We will see you Monday.
Speaker 1: Byeybody, come on y'all Bobby Show. The Bobby Bones theme song written produce saying by read the Yard Barry. You can find his instagram at Reidyarberry dot com. Scooba Steve Executive producer, Ray Mundo, Head of Production.
Speaker 3: I'm Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: My Instagram is mister Bobby Bones.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the podcast.